The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='cdeener']Does anyone know these TIV off hand? Because my local stores don't give trade values over the phone.

Soul Calibur IV Xbox 360
MGS4 PS3[/quote]

SCIV is probably still $35.

smash bros. is 39.99 used. and yes, i meant they were knocked down to 9.09 each after after the 30%, and no tax because i used store credit.

My Xbox live stopped working today. I was playing this morning and it cut out. I turned the system off and it worked for about 5 minutes before it lost it's connection. I've had this setup for about 3 months now, no problems. It says IP Address failed. The setup right now is I have a modem connected to a wireless router. And a network adapter connected to the xbox 360. Anyone have any advice that can get my live up and running again?

Thanks

MGS4 (new) dropped in price from 59.99 to 49.99 today. Don't be surprised if the TIV drops a few dollars too. Didn't see any other price drops that would affect TIV's for flippable games.

[quote name='donut']Today TIV
PS3 Overlord $36[/quote]

this sounds like a great flip since you can Overlord used for ~$12.50 with 20% off coupon + edge

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Glad luxor held. Gives me a little extra breathing room to trade in my second copy of it.[/quote]

TIV's dont change til tomorrow, so who knows.

Does anyone know the TIVs for any of these games? All of these are between $3.50-$7 at GS using the 20% coupon + edge.

All 360 games:
Rockstar games Table Tennis
King Kong
Bomberman Act Zero
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness (saw this for $40 used at BBV, possible good flip? $6.30 at GS)
Spiderman 3
Marvel:UA
Wartech
Eragon
X-Men
Prey

If not, anyone know of a recent list of TIVs or is there anyway to find the values without having to call them?

[quote name='Lethal04']Does anyone know the TIVs for any of these games? All of these are between $3.50-$7 at GS using the 20% coupon + edge.

All 360 games:
Rockstar games Table Tennis
King Kong
Bomberman Act Zero
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness (saw this for $40 used at BBV, possible good flip? $6.30 at GS)
Spiderman 3
Marvel:UA
Wartech
Eragon
X-Men
Prey

If not, anyone know of a recent list of TIVs or is there anyway to find the values without having to call them?[/QUOTE]

I'll give you $4 for the lot! I'll even throw in Sneak King as a bonus...

Lethal those games aren't going to trade in well at BBV you'll lose money.

Your BBV must be really really slow on updating stickers, b/c Darkness is like $15 at my BBV or something.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'll give you $4 for the lot! I'll even throw in Sneak King as a bonus...[/quote]

i don't have any of these games except for marvel ua which i got for $3.99. and i already have sneak king, got it for $0.39. i was just wondering if any of them got around $10 or more tiv since they are cheap at gs.

[quote name='Quintox']Lethal those games aren't going to trade in well at BBV you'll lose money.

Your BBV must be really really slow on updating stickers, b/c Darkness is like $15 at my BBV or something.[/quote]

alright, i didn't think they would get much but i was just wondering. if anyone has a list of some 360 or ps3 games that would flip from GS to BBV & bring $5+ profit each I would appreciate it.

[quote name='Bezerker']TIV's dont change til tomorrow, so who knows.[/quote]
Argh. Thanks for the heads up I always get a little confused on which day it is exactly. Shit, guess I should have gone today. Oh well I have more than enough for my pre-orders and a rental or two. Thanks again.

[quote name='Lethal04']alright, i didn't think they would get much but i was just wondering. if anyone has a list of some 360 or ps3 games that would flip from GS to BBV & bring $5+ profit each I would appreciate it.[/quote]
You're going to be bashed and be told to READ.
So I'll help you out a little. Read around page 115

Here are a few w/ the coupon + EDGE
Blacksite (PS3): $17.50 -> $26
Bust a MOve (Wii) - $12.59 -> $20
Hellboy (PS3) - $24.50 -> $36
Rock Band (PS3) - $20.99 -> $26
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $9.10 -> $20
Alone in the Dark (wii) - $17.50 -> $30

This is assuming all trade in values hold, since Monday or Tuesday is when they change.

[quote name='Lethal04']alright, i didn't think they would get much but i was just wondering. if anyone has a list of some 360 or ps3 games that would flip from GS to BBV & bring $5+ profit each I would appreciate it.[/quote]

#-oRead the OP.

TIV (tonight):

Godfather Wii - $13
Bust a Move Wii - $20
Luxor Wii - $20

Picked up SoF:payback 360, ST:Legacy 360, MSA Wii and LegoSW 360 to flip to GS. I remember seeing LSW mentioned on here but the TIV is only $5 (base) at GS (I thought it was $6). I left behind several copies of Avatar:BE, Elebits, Spiderman:FoF and Red Steel. I hadn't gone to this BB in a while. I would have picked them up but I ran out of BB credit. I have $10.99 left and am using that to pick up another SoF to complete 2 sets of 3 games.

I need to find more flippables at GS. I think I have a lurker in my area since several GS were out of One Piece Wii and SST PS3. I used to be able to take my time to pick up games at GS but not anymore. I guess I have competition now. :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my second copy of :wii: Alone In The Dark ($30) and bought :360: Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise.

This is probably old news, but if anyone's looking to pick up some older Wii games, I noticed that Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion and Smackdown '08 were down to $14.99 used. Mario Galaxy is $29.99 used, and the aforementioned Metal Gear Solid 4 ($49.99) and Ninja Gaiden 2 ($29.99) drops on new copies were in effect.ala

[quote name='Lethal04']i read most of it & it didnt seem to help much ;)[/quote]

I meant the 2nd Post (which is essentially a part of the OP). Io goes to all the trouble to keep it updated and you just ignore it. :applause:

[quote name='emg28']I meant the 2nd Post (which is essentially a part of the OP). Io goes to all the trouble to keep it updated and you just ignore it. :applause:[/quote]

i saw that post & i appreciate taking the time to post it, but i don't see one flip worth doing. i know bbv gives a lot for certain trade ins and seems to be a little slow lowering prices, unlike gamestop. i was just asking for some good flips since there is a new coupon at gs and i read the last few pages & didnt see many TIVs or good flips. i just started fliping back to BBV yesterday. got $30 for Alone in the Darl (wii) after paying $11.xx at CC & traded a 2nd copy of condemned 2 that i got at Target for $9.98 to BBV for $19. I was just wondering if there was anything like that, not $23 --> $25 like on the 2nd post, that is not worth the trouble, time & gas.

[quote name='Lethal04']i saw that post & i appreciate taking the time to post it, but i don't see one flip worth doing. i know bbv gives a lot for certain trade ins and seems to be a little slow lowering prices, unlike gamestop. i was just asking for some good flips since there is a new coupon at gs and i read the last few pages & didnt see many TIVs or good flips. i just started fliping back to BBV yesterday. got $30 for Alone in the Darl (wii) after paying $11.xx at CC & traded a 2nd copy of condemned 2 that i got at Target for $9.98 to BBV for $19. I was just wondering if there was anything like that, not $23 --> $25 like on the 2nd post, that is not worth the trouble, time & gas.[/QUOTE]
Anything in the second post is BEFORE the 20% off coupon.

[quote name='Lethal04']i saw that post & i appreciate taking the time to post it, but i don't see one flip worth doing. i know bbv gives a lot for certain trade ins and seems to be a little slow lowering prices, unlike gamestop. i was just asking for some good flips since there is a new coupon at gs and i read the last few pages & didnt see many TIVs or good flips. i just started fliping back to BBV yesterday. got $30 for Alone in the Darl (wii) after paying $11.xx at CC & traded a 2nd copy of condemned 2 that i got at Target for $9.98 to BBV for $19. I was just wondering if there was anything like that, not $23 --> $25 like on the 2nd post, that is not worth the trouble, time & gas.[/quote]
Permission to jump on the Noob, sir IO?

You need to do the math yourself from games listed in the second post.
Depending on the coupon(s) and edge you figure out what's a good deal for you. Some people want a 1.5 flip, others hold out for higher.
Flipping back from BBV to GS is usually good if you get just 1to1 ratio. Taking your 'profits' and getting it back to more valuable gamestop credit.

[quote name='JJSP']Anything in the second post is BEFORE the 20% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

And before Edge discount too - so you can take 30% off all those GS prices. Due to the fluctuating nature of the GS deals I don't factor the coupons in to the GS price. IMO, they are worth more for the time, effort, and gas than using cash at CC (assuming you have some GS credit to burn that is).

I tend not to include short term CC or Target flips in there but I did make an exception for AitD (that's why I put the ?? in for the price as I would assume people would get it from CC - but it also makes a decent flip from GS). For any short term flips from clearance sales you just need to pay attention to the last few pages of this thread. Besides AitD and the DW Gundam games (which I couldn't find any of at 4 CC's) there really hasn't been that much else recently.

Anyway, I'm back in Arizona for the week on slow-ass dialup, so bear with me on updates and the like. I didn't have time to trade my last 2 GS games (Bust-A-Move and Viking) to BB before I left, so I just took them with me and traded them at my original home store (seriously, I used to rent VHS tapes from this store 15+ years ago).

I traded there when I was here last month and it went pretty well. But today I had early warning Junior Detective bells going off left and right:

1) Dude scans both games and says "wow - you picked 2 really good ones to trade in"
2) "Would you like to preorder anything with that credit?". I have NEVER had a BBV person push preorders on me - what worries me here is that he is showing a concern for keeping the credit in-store, which is also something no one else has really cared about.
3) When I say no, but I might want to buy some used games (true enough if I could find the right ones ;)), he suggests I should just keep it on the account instead of putting it on my Value card, but it's up to me. I put it on the card.
4) After he adds my $39 credit to my Value card he "congratulates" me on having so much credit and makes a big deal about it. Note that after the trades I have about $88 on this card :roll: (I intentionally brought the lowest value one I had).
5) As I'm walking away he tells the other clerk how much I got for those games. The other guy says "That's great but we probably won't make our money back on those". Like the preorder question, I've never heard any BBV clerk express that concern. This is my biggest worry about this store.
6) They have a TON of used stock, but nothing that will gain me any money at GS considering that I have to pay sales tax here :bomb:. As I'm leaving the guy who rang me up watches me go out to my car (I guess since I didn't buy anything).

Anyway, none of those by themself would be all that bad but they all add up to make me very wary of that store. Fortunately there are several others around here and I want to check their used stock anyway so if I do any more trading I'll stay away from that one.

Now - as for the tax issue, I don't know how you guys do it. Well, if you get tax added to trade-ins at BB and not charged at GS then I could see it being a good thing. I can buy stuff at GS here without tax, but not at BBV. So all those barely tolerable $9.99->$10.50 flips become money losers when adding 7% tax to the $9.99. Yeah, it isn't much but psychologically I just can't do it :lol:. So I'm on the hunt for Nights, Geometry Wars, and Meet The Robinisons only I guess. Though they may have had a Soldier of Fortune Payback - that's still a $6 trade at GS, right?

[quote name='io']And before Edge discount too - so you can take 30% off all those GS prices. Due to the fluctuating nature of the GS deals I don't factor the coupons in to the GS price. IMO, they are worth more for the time, effort, and gas than using cash at CC (assuming you have some GS credit to burn that is).

I tend not to include short term CC or Target flips in there but I did make an exception for AitD (that's why I put the ?? in for the price as I would assume people would get it from CC - but it also makes a decent flip from GS). For any short term flips from clearance sales you just need to pay attention to the last few pages of this thread. Besides AitD and the DW Gundam games (which I couldn't find any of at 4 CC's) there really hasn't been that much else recently.

Anyway, I'm back in Arizona for the week on slow-ass dialup, so bear with me on updates and the like. I didn't have time to trade my last 2 GS games (Bust-A-Move and Viking) to BB before I left, so I just took them with me and traded them at my original home store (seriously, I used to rent VHS tapes from this store 15+ years ago).

I traded there when I was here last month and it went pretty well. But today I had early warning Junior Detective bells going off left and right:

1) Dude scans both games and says "wow - you picked 2 really good ones to trade in"
2) "Would you like to preorder anything with that credit?". I have NEVER had a BBV person push preorders on me - what worries me here is that he is showing a concern for keeping the credit in-store, which is also something no one else has really cared about.
3) When I say no, but I might want to buy some used games (true enough if I could find the right ones ;)), he suggests I should just keep it on the account instead of putting it on my Value card, but it's up to me. I put it on the card.
4) After he adds my $39 credit to my Value card he "congratulates" me on having so much credit and makes a big deal about it. Note that after the trades I have about $88 on this card :roll: (I intentionally brought the lowest value one I had).
5) As I'm walking away he tells the other clerk how much I got for those games. The other guy says "That's great but we probably won't make our money back on those". Like the preorder question, I've never heard any BBV clerk express that concern. This is my biggest worry about this store.
6) They have a TON of used stock, but nothing that will gain me any money at GS considering that I have to pay sales tax here :bomb:. As I'm leaving the guy who rang me up watches me go out to my car (I guess since I didn't buy anything).

Anyway, none of those by themself would be all that bad but they all add up to make me very wary of that store. Fortunately there are several others around here and I want to check their used stock anyway so if I do any more trading I'll stay away from that one.

Now - as for the tax issue, I don't know how you guys do it. Well, if you get tax added to trade-ins at BB and not charged at GS then I could see it being a good thing. I can buy stuff at GS here without tax, but not at BBV. So all those barely tolerable $9.99->$10.50 flips become money losers when adding 7% tax to the $9.99. Yeah, it isn't much but psychologically I just can't do it :lol:. So I'm on the hunt for Nights, Geometry Wars, and Meet The Robinisons only I guess. Though they may have had a Soldier of Fortune Payback - that's still a $6 trade at GS, right?[/quote]

Yeah, SoF:p is still $6, at least it was yesterday.

Probably not a bad idea to lay low for the time being. I heard one of the GS guys mention "we'll take your flips, but you might want to be careful because a lot of people have been pulling the 'Blockbuster scam' lately and corporate is going to come down on it soon." Either way, if the guys at the store will take the flip, I don't much care, and I doubt "corporate" will do anything they haven't already done, but if the GS guys are aware of it, the BBV guys might be too.

Either way I've gotten the preorder line plenty of times myself and they don't seem to be any more alerted than usual (a bit of suspicion is bound to be expected, but so long as you don't draw management's attention, a minimum-wage employee isn't going to care less either way).

I usually try to buy small stuff with my flips, though. I grabbed a 3-month Live card last time I was down there, I might use it someday and so long as you're spending money and clearing out their crap inventory I doubt anyone's complaining.

[quote name='stone1061']Permission to jump on the Noob, sir IO?[/quote]

I tried. :lol:

[quote name='io']Now - as for the tax issue, I don't know how you guys do it. Well, if you get tax added to trade-ins at BB and not charged at GS then I could see it being a good thing. I can buy stuff at GS here without tax, but not at BBV. So all those barely tolerable $9.99->$10.50 flips become money losers when adding 7% tax to the $9.99. Yeah, it isn't much but psychologically I just can't do it :lol:. So I'm on the hunt for Nights, Geometry Wars, and Meet The Robinisons only I guess. Though they may have had a Soldier of Fortune Payback - that's still a $6 trade at GS, right?[/quote]

Here in CA (8.25% sales tax), we get charged tax when buying with credit and do not receive tax when trading in. I mostly ignore the $9.99 -> $10.50 games, unless, I find alot of profit makers($6 or $7 TIV). Only then does everything even out and I even make a slight profit sometimes. I guess the trade off is that the BBs in my area are not that far apart. I have 10 BBs in my "area". Plus we have nice weather. :cool:

[quote name='tianxia']Yeah, SoF:p is still $6, at least it was yesterday.

Probably not a bad idea to lay low for the time being. I heard one of the GS guys mention "we'll take your flips, but you might want to be careful because a lot of people have been pulling the 'Blockbuster scam' lately and corporate is going to come down on it soon." Either way, if the guys at the store will take the flip, I don't much care, and I doubt "corporate" will do anything they haven't already done, but if the GS guys are aware of it, the BBV guys might be too.

Either way I've gotten the preorder line plenty of times myself and they don't seem to be any more alerted than usual (a bit of suspicion is bound to be expected, but so long as you don't draw management's attention, a minimum-wage employee isn't going to care less either way).

I usually try to buy small stuff with my flips, though. I grabbed a 3-month Live card last time I was down there, I might use it someday and so long as you're spending money and clearing out their crap inventory I doubt anyone's complaining.[/quote]

For as many times as I've heard of this coming "crackdown", it's becoming apparent that corporate moves at half the speed of smell. There's always going to be flipping whether it be cash -> credit, credit -> cash, or credit -> credit. People probably heard those same threats everyday when eBay was all the rage and other than adding "No Dealers" to all coupons instead of just special offers, I haven't seen any action taken whatsoever other than the random overzealous manager who enacts a trade ban on a suspicious individual which is usually lifted after some complaining.

On trade-ins to BBV:
Wii
Monster Jam 30
Sea Monsters 23
Space Chimps 16 (Oops, didn't catch the drop)
Bust a Move 20
Cranium Kabooki 16

and to GS:
Wii
Nights 12.70
Ant Bully 8.30
Metal Slug 11.60

Have a stack of titles I picked up at 6:30 forgetting that it was Sunday. Hope that deal doesn't change to a system-specific trade bonus or something.

[quote name='emg28']
Here in CA (8.25% sales tax), we get charged tax when buying with credit and do not receive tax when trading in. I mostly ignore the $9.99 -> $10.50 games, unless, I find alot of profit makers($6 or $7 TIV). Only then does everything even out and I even make a slight profit sometimes. I guess the trade off is that the BBs in my area are not that far apart. I have 10 BBs in my "area". Plus we have nice weather. :cool:[/quote]
I bought a few of the 9.99 -> 10.50 flips because the way I see it, when I flip that 10.50 back to blockbuster it will be about 20 dollars. I don't really ever go on a flipping frenzy because, like I did this weekend with my one copy of one piece and my two copies of luxor, I don't ever really need to flip unless it's a flip that doubles back to BB. On those three games I spent around $33 gs credit and got $63.

[quote name='tianxia']Probably not a bad idea to lay low for the time being. I heard one of the GS guys mention "we'll take your flips, but you might want to be careful because a lot of people have been pulling the 'Blockbuster scam' lately and corporate is going to come down on it soon." Either way, if the guys at the store will take the flip, I don't much care, and I doubt "corporate" will do anything they haven't already done, but if the GS guys are aware of it, the BBV guys might be too.[/quote]

I wouldn't be worried much. Also, did the GS guy say "Flips"? I haven't heard that term until I started here so just curious. Unless you said at some point here are my flips for the day, see you tomorrow buddy.

Also, why would it hurt corporate? They are getting games in and we are taking some of the crap out of the store to either trade to BBV or buying games that we want.

Also, would this be a considered a SCAM? Really, its not like we are trying to sell time-share property that doesn't exist to the elderly. Its just a being proactive damn it.

Another game that dropped in price was NBA Street Homecourt for 360 (now 9.99). GS has it listed on their website for 19.99, so it's a safe bet that will be at least an even flip. My store had two copies but I didn't pick one up because for some reason I thought that dropped at GS to like 12.99 or something.

EDIT: After a bit of research I discovered that it was Condemned: Criminal Origins that dropped at GS. It's now 12.99 used there and 9.99 at BBV.

[quote name='io']
[/quote]

I recently ran into this trying to trade Alone in the dark (wii), Death jr (wii). I have a few BBV's in my area and two have told me straight out that I have to have the credit in store.When I humbly told them that I always get a value card I was told some bs line on how its management "new" decision and they want to keep the credit in house. I did not want to argue as for 1. dont know their official policy 2. did not want to squabble over credit from some wii games's :)(have not reached full CAG status :))Fortunately I have other BBV's in my area who will give me the value card.

[quote name='JJSP']This is probably old news, but if anyone's looking to pick up some older Wii games, I noticed that Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion and Smackdown '08 were down to $14.99 used. [/quote]

I believe Trauma Center got $11 the last time I traded it in (before bonus) so it should be $14.99 -> $17.20.

[quote name='Nikadimas']
On trade-ins to BBV:
Wii
Sea Monsters 23[/quote]

Not sure how I missed that one. $14 -> $23 and 8 stores within 15 miles have it in stock. Nice. With all of these good flips coming through, I really wish we had a B1G1 going on, or at least a B2G1 at GS. It sucks only being able to get 3 games at a time @ GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spider24']I recently ran into this trying to trade Alone in the dark (wii), Death jr (wii). I have a few BBV's in my area and two have told me straight out that I have to have the credit in store.When I humbly told them that I always get a value card I was told some bs line on how its management "new" decision and they want to keep the credit in house. I did not want to argue as for 1. dont know their official policy 2. did not want to squabble over credit from some wii games's :)(have not reached full CAG status :))Fortunately I have other BBV's in my area who will give me the value card.[/quote]

I had a BBV manager tell me the other day that I couldn't put my credit on my value card because it wasn't "one of theirs." Even stranger, she never even offered to leave the credit in store, but rather put it on a gift card right off the bat.

[quote name='io']
Now - as for the tax issue, I don't know how you guys do it. Well, if you get tax added to trade-ins at BB and not charged at GS then I could see it being a good thing. I can buy stuff at GS here without tax, but not at BBV. So all those barely tolerable $9.99->$10.50 flips become money losers when adding 7% tax to the $9.99. Yeah, it isn't much but psychologically I just can't do it :lol:. So I'm on the hunt for Nights, Geometry Wars, and Meet The Robinisons only I guess. Though they may have had a Soldier of Fortune Payback - that's still a $6 trade at GS, right?[/quote]

How do I do it iO? I lose a whopping $0.19 for every $9.99->$10.50 game I buy. It's not really a bad loss. If I can keep it a 1:1 ratio or really close to it, I'm happy. Although, last time I transferred credit I made $3. Got lucky and found Nights and EDF. :) For the most part though, I lose $3-$4 per transaction. It's all worth it considering there are about 15 GS->BBV games available around me right now. Every time a new flip comes up I'm lucky to have just 3 or 4 games around me to buy. Got really lucky this time. Problem is I don't have enough GS credit to buy most of them so I have to transfer lots of credit from BBV to GS.

[quote name='joshnorm']I wouldn't be worried much. Also, did the GS guy say "Flips"? I haven't heard that term until I started here so just curious. Unless you said at some point here are my flips for the day, see you tomorrow buddy.

Also, why would it hurt corporate? They are getting games in and we are taking some of the crap out of the store to either trade to BBV or buying games that we want.

Also, would this be a considered a SCAM? Really, its not like we are trying to sell time-share property that doesn't exist to the elderly. Its just a being proactive damn it.[/quote]

Basically, what happened was this:

1) I took Crash of the Titans, SoF:p, and Virtua Fighter 5 to Gamestop.
2) The guy looks at the stack and goes to the other guy, "It's a flip."
3) He then looks at me and goes, "If you're looking for flips back to Blockbuster, we still have a copy of World Series of Poker left."
4) His manager overhears and says "You might want to go easy on the trades, a lot of people have been pulling the Blockbuster scam lately and corporate's going to come down on it soon."

They still took the trade, so whatever, I doubt THEY care. So long as THEY don't care, it's all good.

Also, regarding money-losing flips from BBV > GS, I usually think of GS credit as multiplying 1.5x at minimum automatically, since it usually ends up going back to Blockbuster. So SoF:p isn't worth $11.60 actually, I see it as $17.40

[quote name='tianxia']Basically, what happened was this:

4) His manager overhears and says "You might want to go easy on the trades, a lot of people have been pulling the Blockbuster scam lately and corporate's going to come down on it soon."
[/QUOTE]

In no way would I ever call this a SCAM. Who's being scammed, Blockbuster because they sold you items for cheap, GameStop because you traded in items that they offered you credit for? Vice versa when you go the other way? It's really not much different from an import / export business that goes between countries to trade based on supply and demand.

I could see this being called a "trick", not like "I tricked you" but in the definition of "check out this cool trick", plus it's working the system the way it's intended. Trade. In. Games.

There is no deception involved, etc etc. Anyway... this thread can be really awesome. Traded in my old Rock Band 1 for $32 because of it last week. Thank you CAG!

i'm new to this flipping, and starting to love it. the work of traveling from store to store and hunting for specific games, the Gamerush credit you gain IMHO is merited to those who do the work of researching. I'm glad to be a part of this site, and I'll be sharing my trades later tonight. I did some flips yesterday but a bunch of stuff already previously mentioned.

Later tonight, I'll post a report. But I do have one question:

When they ask about the crappy games being traded-in/bought out, what's the best excuse to give them to keep the store in check and not in cautionary mode? I was thinking eBay, but then does that consider you a dealer?

[quote name='xfade']i'm new to this flipping, and starting to love it. the work of traveling from store to store and hunting for specific games, the Gamerush credit you gain IMHO is merited to those who do the work of researching. I'm glad to be a part of this site, and I'll be sharing my trades later tonight. I did some flips yesterday but a bunch of stuff already previously mentioned.

Later tonight, I'll post a report. But I do have one question:

When they ask about the crappy games being traded-in/bought out, what's the best excuse to give them to keep the store in check and not in cautionary mode? I was thinking eBay, but then does that consider you a dealer?[/quote]

Never say Ebay. Yes you would be considered a dealer.

Just say you play a lot of games.

Personally for me they all know me as someone who plays a ton of games. I trade in and buy quite a bit. So much that I doubt they remember the actual titles that I buy. Whenever asked I just say I don't watch TV (which is true). I'd rather play a game than watch anything on TV.

Also helps that I have kids and drag them along with me sometimes... explains why I purchase a lot of crappy kids titles :) Those of you who are younger can always explain this via a younger sibling / cousin / etc. But there's no reason to offer this lie unless you're asked.

bread's done
Back