The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='galvatron2k1'] Has anybody been able to order Dead Space (ps3)? I asked about it but BBV couldn't find it in their systems.[/QUOTE]

I also asked them about it today and they couldn't find it. It's a fairly big game from a big publisher (EA) so I can't understand why they wouldn't be getting it.

I was on the fence about buying or renting it. But if BB doesn't carry it, renting won't even be an option.

Thought I saw Dead Space up on the coming soon board (but I might be mistaken). Never had anybody look it up though; I've got it pre-ordered at Gamestop for the art book.

[quote name='Bezerker']Yep, the TIV's given on Secondspin are if you want cash, add 25% to them if you want credit, and add another 20% if you pre-order a game.

Good find on Rock Band Wii Blackmilk. I'll probably update the 45% bonus FYE thread sometime tonight. Its long overdue.

[/quote]

Bezerker, if you're updating the FYE thread, go ahead and include this GS -> FYE one:

Monster Bomber (DS) $6.99 (base)-> $8 (base) / $11.60 (after 45%)

BBV TiVs (10/6):

Sega Superstars Tennis PS3) - $20
Rock and Roll Adventures (Wii) - $16
Spy Games Elevator Mission (Wii) - $16

Yes, 16:10 support will be included in the new fall update. As someone who has previously played my Xbox 360 on a 1680x1050 Samsung monitor (16:10), I can say that even without the Fall fix, it looks fine. Play around with the resolution settings and you should find one that scales right (and without any black bars).

I play on my monitor, and you have to use a strange setting to get it to look good, but once you find that setting, it's fine. Will be nice to be able to fully use my monitor after the update though.

price changes at BBV happen on Sunday though some stores don't do
Them until Mon.

No price changes this week to flip. Just the stuff that's already
Been mentioned. GTA $29.99

[quote name='hawaiiboy']
No price changes this week to flip. Just the stuff that's already
Been mentioned. GTA $29.99[/quote]
With current coupons for Gamestop, GTA IV would be $27.99(39.99-20%-edge10%) if anyone was looking to buy it.
Buy 3 select $9.99 games at BB, trade into GS with the bonus $5 on each, blah blah blah, sounds like a lot of work to just save $2.

I found a restocked BB last night, got Geometry Wars Galaxies, Nights, Timeshift, and Fear files. Traded them this morning and scored a mint used Lego Batman for $31 after coupons.

Also got a Beautiful Katamari at a different BB. Must have converted rental. I started playing it, seem dumb, but then an hour later I realized I must be liking it cause I didn't turn it off.

[quote name='stone1061']
Also got a Beautiful Katamari at a different BB. Must have converted rental. I started playing it, seem dumb, but then an hour later I realized I must be liking it cause I didn't turn it off.[/QUOTE]

I found a couple Katamaris to flip to GS but kept a complete mint one for myself. Its a blast to play/relax to, it just wasn't worth $60 new for essentially the same game that was on the ps2 with a HD bump in resolution. At $10 in flipping credit its totally worth keeping.

[quote name='akokonas']anyone know offhand if condemned 2 for 360 is still getting 20 at BB?[/quote]

it dropped from 19 to 15 a couple weeks ago

Traded 10/6
PS3
Bourne Conspiracy - $ 33
Bladestorm - $ 36

To GS:
All the bolded games on 1st page held value except Skate is $ 9 base.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone trade in Command & Conquer 3 for the X360 recently? Wondering how much it nets.[/quote]

Unless it dropped this weekend I last saw it for $24.99 used so you might get $16 for it.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Unless it dropped this weekend I last saw it for $24.99 used so you might get $16 for it.[/quote]

Damn...off to eBay it goes then...thanks!

EDIT: Nope...looks like I'm better off at GR.

[quote name='Xfactor4']This game is not that hard to trade in. The actual reason that people are having difficulty with it is that they have the SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK edition which is a 2 disk BONUS CONTENT edition that comes with the game and the soundtrack. It says SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK EDITION on the front right hand side of the cover and looks like a small tear in the cover art. Well each time a manufacturer does a LIMITED or BONUS content edition (especially one featuring 2 discs game AND soundtrack) the UPC code on the box is different that the one in the computer.
[/QUOTE]

I need advice on this because I got denied the trade but I do not have the soundtrack edition. I have the regular edition (there is no mention of a soundtrack on the cover). Isn't the non-soundtrack edition the one that should scan in correctly?

I'm not sure what happened. The blockbuster employee scanned the game, then said "hmmm" as if something wasn't right. Then she started typing stuff into the system. After about 30 seconds of that, she said "sorry, we don't take this game."

Should I just try trading it again with a different employee? It's the only Blockbuster in the area that takes trades (well, aside from the one I'm banned at), so I don't have a lot of options.

[quote name='D. Monic']I need advice on this because I got denied the trade but I do not have the soundtrack edition. I have the regular edition (there is no mention of a soundtrack on the cover). Isn't the non-soundtrack edition the one that should scan in correctly?

I'm not sure what happened. The blockbuster employee scanned the game, then said "hmmm" as if something wasn't right. Then she started typing stuff into the system. After about 30 seconds of that, she said "sorry, we don't take this game."

Should I just try trading it again with a different employee? It's the only Blockbuster in the area that takes trades (well, aside from the one I'm banned at), so I don't have a lot of options.[/quote]

Xfactor was actually referring to Alone in the Dark. Victorious Boxers doesn't scan but it is in the system. I'm 2/3 for people looking it up correctly. I would think the other person misspelled "Victorious" or something to that effect. You could always try to take it in when a different employee is there. Unless it was the manager, then you should go with the "Well my friend traded this one in before..." excuse.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Xfactor was actually referring to Alone in the Dark. Victorious Boxers doesn't scan but it is in the system. I'm 2/3 for people looking it up correctly. I would think the other person misspelled "Victorious" or something to that effect. You could always try to take it in when a different employee is there. Unless it was the manager, then you should go with the "Well my friend traded this one in before..." excuse.[/quote]

I traded in Victorious Boxers in today and the store manager tried scanning it but it wouldn't come up & he said they might not that this one. Before I could ask him to manually look it up he started typing the title in and found it a few seconds later. If they just try to scan it without manually typing it in and looking it up just ask them if they could try & tell them that you had a problem with a game not scanning in the past and that a different employee found it by searching the title.

Went out flipping today for a bit, after about a month of laying low. Started out with $42 GS, $10 BB & $40 cash. Went to Target first, picked up 2 EoJ bundles for $37 ($17.48 + tax each). At the end of the day, I ended up with $3 cash, ~$54 BB, & $93 GS. Also have one of the UR cards from EoJ on Ebay for $10. Pre-ordered Golden Axe & Monopoly (360). I will use some more credit tomorrow to try & get Rock Revolution paid off & maybe try to find another EoJ.

CSI: Hard Evidence only gets $9 at GS so I had to return it. Thanks, Berzerker, you owe me a set of Sonic Stylus' for that :p

Trade in (10/7)
PS3
MLB 08: The Show : $ 33
Wall E: $ 23

A Target nearby is closing today, so all clearance items are extra 75%. Too bad, I just found out today. The CSR told me that it's 50% off 3 days ago. I manage to get 2xMLb for $ 10.48 and 2xWall-E for $ 8.xx. and Logitech Harmony 520 - $ 12.xx since they're unmarked.

But Karma hit me probably, 1 of the Wall-e has a blank CD-R in it. :( Anybody ever have this happen at Target? and what do you say to the CSR when returning?

[quote name='gi60']Trade in (10/7)
PS3

A Target nearby is closing today, so all clearance items are extra 75%. Too bad, I just found out today. The CSR told me that it's 50% off 3 days ago. I manage to get 2xMLb for $ 10.48 and 2xWall-E for $ 8.xx. and Logitech Harmony 520 - $ 12.xx since they're unmarked.

But Karma hit me probably, 1 of the Wall-e has a blank CD-R in it. :( Anybody ever have this happen at Target? and what do you say to the CSR when returning?[/quote]
Tell them the Wall-e had a blank cd-r in it.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but my kids have been driving me nuts today.
Regardless, i'd go with the truth.

PS3

But Karma hit me probably, 1 of the Wall-e has a blank CD-R in it. :( Anybody ever have this happen at Target? and what do you say to the CSR when returning?[/quote]

you live in Sandy Springs don't you? cuz if you don't that's just WEIRD! considering i went to a Target that is closing at 5PM today yesterday while flipping and i saw those 2 titles...but i thought they were too expensive since both were marked at $41.xx and $30.xx...man i WISH i woulda known that the store was sellin their clearance games at 75% off!

I would just say that I opened the game and somehow there was a blank cd-r in it instead of the game. Why would you tell them something other than that? If you are telling the truth and not trying to scam them then I doubt the customer service rep will question you too much or care since it doesn't affect them much. That is strange though that there was a cd-r in the case. Was there no seal on the game? You might want to check next time before buying games, I have heard people in the Target clearance thread say that they almost bought a game but saw someone broke the seal and took the discs out of the case.

Bladestorm (ps3), blacksite (ps3), viking (ps3), bust a move bash (wii), rock and roll adventures (wii), cabela big game hunter (wii) all held their tiv values as of today

Trades 10/7 BBV TIV

Wii

Samurai Warriors Katana - $30
Sea Monsters - $23
Bust A Move Bash - $20
Code Lyoko Quest for Infinity - $20

PS3
History Channel: Battle for Pacific - $23

X360
Hellboy - $35

[quote name='animemaniac14']you live in Sandy Springs don't you? cuz if you don't that's just WEIRD! considering i went to a Target that is closing at 5PM today yesterday while flipping and i saw those 2 titles...but i thought they were too expensive since both were marked at $41.xx and $30.xx...man i WISH i woulda known that the store was sellin their clearance games at 75% off![/quote]

Nope, I'm in Socal... and apparently some other Target is closing too. Bad economy I guess.

[quote name='Lethal04']I would just say that I opened the game and somehow there was a blank cd-r in it instead of the game. Why would you tell them something other than that? If you are telling the truth and not trying to scam them then I doubt the customer service rep will question you too much or care since it doesn't affect them much. That is strange though that there was a cd-r in the case. Was there no seal on the game? You might want to check next time before buying games, I have heard people in the Target clearance thread say that they almost bought a game but saw someone broke the seal and took the discs out of the case.[/quote]

It probably helps that it's only $ 8.xx so I hope it's not a big deal.

The plastic seal is still there. I think the thief might have just re-seal the game. He should go to CAG and learn to be a flipper instead. :)

[quote name='lolwut?']Sorry to semi-threadjack Monkey, I'm just curious as to if you guys would recommend this:

I currently play my 360 on a Panasonic 14" LCD (Model TC-14LA2) @ 480p. I've been looking on craigslist for cheap monitors to play my 360 on via VGA cables.

I've found a listing for a Sceptre X22. It says it's a widescreen 22" with 1080p support. Doing some reading, it seems to be a decent monitor (I'd probably play at 720p), and the seller has it listed at $150. Should I take it? Offer him less?

What do you guys think?[/quote]

Anybody?

[quote name='gi60']Nope, I'm in Socal... and apparently some other Target is closing too. Bad economy I guess.

It probably helps that it's only $ 8.xx so I hope it's not a big deal.

The plastic seal is still there. I think the thief might have just re-seal the game. He should go to CAG and learn to be a flipper instead. :)[/QUOTE]

Plastic seal..but was it still wrapped in plastic? Like new? I'd never buy a game new if it had its plastic coating/packaging torn off.

The target here drops its clearence prices on Mon. Guess im no longer the only flipper in the area. Figured Id go today (tues) and pick up what looked like 10-15 flippable titles that were finally going to hit the prized 75% off mark making them all $12-$14. I go there today and what do you know, everything is all gone except for 2 copies of Beijing for ps3 for $12 each. All bought by 1 person. I happily bought the remaining 2 copies of beijing BUT i was pissed. Only a CAG would know when the local target drops its prices. And only a CAG would be there on a Mon when the store opens to snag them all up.:roll:

[quote name='king007']The target here drops its clearence prices on Mon. Guess im no longer the only flipper in the area. Figured Id go today (tues) and pick up what looked like 10-15 flippable titles that were finally going to hit the prized 75% off mark making them all $12-$14. I go there today and what do you know, everything is all gone except for 2 copies of Beijing for ps3 for $12 each. All bought by 1 person. I happily bought the remaining 2 copies of beijing BUT i was pissed. Only a CAG would know when the local target drops its prices. And only a CAG would be there on a Mon when the store opens to snag them all up.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I think store employees take an equal share of heavily discounted merchandise, but I feel your pain regardless.

[quote name='king007']The target here drops its clearence prices on Mon. Guess im no longer the only flipper in the area. Figured Id go today (tues) and pick up what looked like 10-15 flippable titles that were finally going to hit the prized 75% off mark making them all $12-$14. I go there today and what do you know, everything is all gone except for 2 copies of Beijing for ps3 for $12 each. All bought by 1 person. I happily bought the remaining 2 copies of beijing BUT i was pissed. Only a CAG would know when the local target drops its prices. And only a CAG would be there on a Mon when the store opens to snag them all up.:roll:[/quote]

You say that in such a negative way...sounds like you were out CAGged as you were planning on snagging them all yourself

Next time go on Monday;)

[quote name='king007']Only a CAG would know when the local target drops its prices. And only a CAG would be there on a Mon when the store opens to snag them all up.:roll:[/quote]
Not necessarily. You've also competing against Slicks, flea market / ebay merchants, store employees and so on. We're not the only ones in the know.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Not necessarily. You've also competing against Slicks, flea market / ebay merchants, store employees and so on. We're not the only ones in the know.[/quote]

how could you forget the worst tho?! FWers?! :bomb:

[quote name='DarkRider23']What's the TIV for Cabela's Big Game hunter Wii? $23? Someone posted it before, but I can't find it.[/quote]

It's $20 bro. Just check the first and second post of this thread ! ;)

Any BBV employees out there heard whether or not Blockbuster will carry Microsoft's new 360 holiday bundles (the Arcade bundle with Sega Superstars Tennis, or the Pros and Elites w/Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda)? I intend to ask around at my local BBVs tomorrow, but frankly, you guys have proven to be much more reliable sources of information than the managers I've spoken to in the past :)

So today is my birthday and I can't really think of a game to get for my 360... it's not that I don't want one though there's nothing that reaches out to me that's already out that says "buy me, you must have me now".. I don't have halo 3, never played it actually... i rented the first one for my old xbox but never owned it.. I'm not opposed to waiting a bit for some of this months releases or even November's... games I really enjoyed:

Mass Effect, GTA IV's SP, Battlefield: Bad Co., GRAW 2.... didn't really get into GoW ( sorry it's just not my style)... I'm on the fence w/ Oblivion so not sure w/ it yet and to spend that much on a game and not play it would be dumb on my part.. anywho.. fire away I am open to suggestions a plenty..

cdub

OK, I updated the second post with new "good thru" dates and added an "Other" section to BB trade-in values. So as not to make it too obvious I'm not saying where those games come from, but any good CAG can figure it out. If there are more that should go there with valid quotes from today let me know.

I got quoted only $13 for :ps3: MLB 2K8. That was pretty disappointing as I got a couple at Target for $9.98. I figured it would be more like MLB 08, but I guess it was "discount" priced to begin with.

I also traded a Bourne and Beijing, despite not needing to add any more cash to the mix and not being particularly pleased with the ratios on those. I was out and about and hitting up a bunch of Targets trying, in vain, to get the Ion drum set on clearance (not sure if I ever saw this mentioned in the Target clearance thread but it is $57 if you can find a store with it on clearance and in stock - otherwise it's $229.99). So I felt like I had to accomplish something so I traded those 2 in to what I thought was a far distant BB way outside of my home district. it turns out I was wrong and this was in the very same district where I had my Beowulf troubles in Dec. At the time I figured this store was not in that district because I was not flagged there - I guess the DM just didn't bother calling all the stores and this one slipped by ;). In any case, it appears I only have 2 districts to work with and I need to veer more towards the other one if possible from now on.

Anyway, back to the Bourne/Beijing flip - I guess I can look at it like this: with the proceeds I picked up a new Boom Blox for $29.99 and 3 GS flippables for $29.97 (that netted me $35.90 at GS) with $3 left over. So for $27.46 in cash I got Boom Blox, $3 at BB, and $34.50 at GS - not bad, really. And let's face it, if I had seen Boom Blox at Target for $12.48 I'd be all over that (essentially what I paid for it if I consider Beijing as an even swap for it). Of course, if I used my already existing credit it would have been essentially free ;).

I also picked up some NBA 08 from CC for $8.96. Again, $8.96 - > $20 is not too exciting, but oh well, I just can't stop myself. I feel like when I pick up the GHWT bundle I'll be really low on BB credit (down to just $400 or so!) so I need to pad it a bit ;).

Oh, I also picked up a Monster Jam from GS using the 20% off coupon. I see we haven't updated that in 2 weeks - hopefully it held. I'll find out in a few days I guess unless someone beats me to it.

First, happy Birthday.

Second I say ask for a gift card since all the best releases are right around the corner and I'm sure bound to find something.

[quote name='io']
I also traded a Bourne and Beijing, despite not needing to add any more cash to the mix and not being particularly pleased with the ratios on those. [/quote]

I flipped both of those also and was pretty pleased with the ratios on those. Bourne game was actually pretty fun for the couple hours i played it too. I am just getting back into flipping though so i needed to build up credit, but if i can get over 2:1 on my cash trades i dont mind that at all. Its like buying a new game for half off or more. Beijing was $12.xx to $30 & Bourne was $14.98 to $33 which I thought is pretty good. Is there many cash trades that get better ratios than that? If so where does this usually happen at? Right now I have just done cash flips from Walmart & Target clearances and have gotten 2:1 usually or 2.5:1, don't know how good that is.

[quote name='Lethal04']I flipped both of those also and was pretty pleased with the ratios on those. Bourne game was actually pretty fun for the couple hours i played it too. I am just getting back into flipping though so i needed to build up credit, but if i can get over 2:1 on my cash trades i dont mind that at all. Its like buying a new game for half off or more. Beijing was $12.xx to $30 & Bourne was $14.98 to $33 which I thought is pretty good. Is there many cash trades that get better ratios than that? If so where does this usually happen at? Right now I have just done cash flips from Walmart & Target clearances and have gotten 2:1 usually or 2.5:1, don't know how good that is.[/QUOTE]

That's fine if you are just getting started, but I have loads of credit so I really shouldn't take the risk without something that is at least 3x or 4x return on cash. I think there was a TRU game that was $5 and trades for $20 or so but I didn't have time to stop there and look (NASCAR 08 or Blitz or something?).

But like I said, had I seen Boom Blox in the Target clearance section for $12.48 I'd have bought 'em all up (one to keep, the rest to hand out to all my son's Wii-owning friends). So, since I essntially got it for that with the Beijing flip I can't complain too much.

Happy birthday!

I second the gift card... no reason to settle for a game you don't have much interest in when there are a ton of elite games coming out in the next few months.

This month alone: Saints Row 2 (since you liked GTAIV), Dead Space, Golden Axe, Fable II, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3.

[quote name='Xfactor4']It's $20 bro. Just check the first and second post of this thread ! ;)[/quote]

I feel like such a god damn idiot. Damn it... I really feel stupid. I've been posting in the BBV threads for the past 4 threads and I completely forgot about the first post. GOD DAMN IT.

[quote name='io']
I was out and about and hitting up a bunch of Targets trying, in vain, to get the Ion drum set on clearance (not sure if I ever saw this mentioned in the Target clearance thread but it is $57 if you can find a store with it on clearance and in stock - otherwise it's $229.99). [/quote]

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Did I read this correctly? The "Ion" Drum Set for $57? Really? No joke? I will be going to every target within 50 miles of me just to find one. Don't have rock band 2 yet, but it's an ion drum set!

And Nascar 08(360) is a $5->$15 flip from TRU. It's an alright flip. I have some cash left over that I made from credit so I'm thinking of picking up 3-4 copies of it.

bread's done
Back