The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Orange box is good for the story, R6:Vegas is a good choice but I'm not sure about Vegas 2; I recently went back to this and it seems like they dumbed down your squad to where it's just frustrating. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Far Cry 2, Timeshift, Call of Juarez ... many of these FPSs have a demo available on XBL so you may want to pull them down and see what suits your fancy.

Thankyou, I think I will just get an HDMI cable, I'm pretty sure my receiver can process the sound just gonna double check. I heard that if you bend optical cables very much they break...makes sense since they are fiber optics, but that makes me nervous, I have so many cables that they are constantly being tugged and bent everytime I shift anything near my tv.

I've never had any problems breaking optical cables--but I'm not unplugging and plugging stuff very often either.

My receiver doesn't to HDMI, so I just opted to hook the 360 up via component to the TV and surround through optical to the receiver. I've never been able to tell a difference between HDMI and component picture on my TV anyway.

To update this, I went with closed-back Audio Technica A700's based on reports that they are superior to HD 555's for rock/metal music. I chose closed because I don't want to disturb others around me. I'm anxious to get them and break them in.

I bought a couple of cheap 6' optical cables and a 3 way manual selector from Meritline and they all work great. I have cable box, 360 and PS3 HDMI cables going straight into the TV. Then all 3 have optical cables going to the selector, that then goes to my X4 which then goes to my cheap Sony receiver.

does anyone know how to change your email address on your xbox live account? I forgot my email address thats tied to my account so i wanted to change it to my main email. tried looking for an answer at xbox.com but it seems that the faq refers to the old dashboard. thx

I know MS says you can only do it once per year. I can't find when the last time I did it was. Is that info anywhere? I thought it had been a year since last time I did it, but after the process no luck.

Ever since a day or two ago my mic hasn't been working right (the wired one). People can still hear me fine and I can still hear them, but the voice icon started staying lit up 95% of the time. Apparently everyone also hears really loud interference from me, annoying enough that I'm told to turn it off.

Anything I can do to fix it? Probably not.

Hello,
I sold my Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 on ebay, I've realized the bad thing about ebay is that everyone can use it. Unknown to me the buyer had me ship it to his "baby" (I'm guessing a kid under 10 yrs old) and his "baby" lost the power pack and is blaming me. Funniest part is I sold it unopened, so how could I possibly forget to pack it.

Anyways, If ANYONE has a Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 could you please check the power pack and let me know what it says. I'm looking through my box of power adapters because I know I have an extra from an old one. I found one that is made by TPi, its very small 9v. I just need a confirmation that this is correct one. I would greatly appreciate it.

here is a picture...kind of

8ea2810ae7a0a9506d24e110.L.jpg

Got a question hoping someone might know the answer to. I've been looking but can't find any answers. I have a 20 GB pro 360 currently and was thinking
of getting an arcade for the bedroom. Is it possible to just take the hard drive off of my original and use it on the arcade and then switch back when needed?
I mean it's only used as storage right? Similar to swapping slave drives in a PC.

I'm the only person who uses it so I'm not worried about other profiles unable to access DLC. My profile will always be connected to LIVE.

Seems like it work but just want to make sure before I go buy one.

[quote name='DualDisorder']Got a question hoping someone might know the answer to. I've been looking but can't find any answers. I have a 20 GB pro 360 currently and was thinking
of getting an arcade for the bedroom. Is it possible to just take the hard drive off of my original and use it on the arcade and then switch back when needed?
I mean it's only used as storage right? Similar to swapping slave drives in a PC.

I'm the only person who uses it so I'm not worried about other profiles unable to access DLC. My profile will always be connected to LIVE.

Seems like it work but just want to make sure before I go buy one.[/quote]

Yeah..that's what I do when I want to play games upstairs sometimes. Only problem is if you have a game installed on the harddrive you CANNOT play it on the other xbox. You have to delete the install off the harddrive and reinstall it while the HDD is attached to a console with a different serial number.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah..that's what I do when I want to play games upstairs sometimes. Only problem is if you have a game installed on the harddrive you CANNOT play it on the other xbox. You have to delete the install off the harddrive and reinstall it while the HDD is attached to a console with a different serial number.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks man. I haven't bothered with installing any games yet as I only have a couple gigs free. So that wont be a problem.

Thanks again.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah..that's what I do when I want to play games upstairs sometimes. Only problem is if you have a game installed on the harddrive you CANNOT play it on the other xbox. You have to delete the install off the harddrive and reinstall it while the HDD is attached to a console with a different serial number.[/quote]

I thought you didn't have to do that as long as you are logged on Live?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I thought you didn't have to do that as long as you are logged on Live?[/quote]

Nope I just had to do that last night. For some reason I was playing Guitar Hero World Tour and the disc was spinning. I backed out and said play from hard drive and it gave me the you have to play the game on the console you installed it from error message. What a pain, have a replacement 360 from repair.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I thought you didn't have to do that as long as you are logged on Live?[/quote]

It has nothing to do with Live. The installed game knows which console it was installed on by the serial number and will only play the installed game off of that console.

Yeah, there's a few. But I'd recommend the original Xbox wireless router. I use it and get full signal with no lag. A lot cheaper as well, usually around 30-60 bucks, vs the 70-100. You will need to use a WEP connection for the original, the only drawback.

Yes. You just need to make sure your wireless router supports WEP security, then you'll be good. The original xbox adapter works great for 360.

I wish. Each gamertag has to pay for it. Very stupid. Why you can't just pay for YOUR console to go online instead of being nickle & dimed for each gamertag is fn' ridiculous.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I wish. Each gamertag has to pay for it. Very stupid. Why you can't just pay for YOUR console to go online instead of being nickle & dimed for each gamertag is fn' ridiculous.[/quote]

I think they have it that way so people don't abuse it.

[quote name='cmart05']I think they have it that way so people don't abuse it.[/quote]
i don't see how you can abuse it if its attached to 1 console. I mean i don't by a copy of a game for every player on a single console.

[quote name='decrot']i don't see how you can abuse it if its attached to 1 console. I mean i don't by a copy of a game for every player on a single console.[/quote]

Yeah true... but if I have live set up on my gamertag does that mean I can use live with my gamertag on anyone's Xbox?

[quote name='cmart05']Yeah true... but if I have live set up on my gamertag does that mean I can use live with my gamertag on anyone's Xbox?[/quote]
if you can use live on a single gamertag on anyones xbox, they may get abused, if people dont mind sharing a single gamertag.

I bought the official MS Play N Charget it, and it works well, but recently, it seems like my cable isn't charging the battery anymore. The cable used to be fine, now it's not charging the battery.

When I plug it into the console then into my controller with a battery, there is no light for the battery being charged. Even if I leave it plugged in like this for 2 hours, the second that I unplug the cable, the controller goes dead.

So perhaps it just my Xbox 360? Probably not-- just bought a new Elite, and the problem still takes place.

Something wrong with the Play N Charge kit? Unlikely--I just bought a totally new kit altogether as well.

Basically, the wire isn't charging the battery, even with a new console and new battery kit.

Anyone have this problem? How do I fix?

Yep, happened twice to me. First time when I just bought my 360 and when that one died (lasted about a year and a half), went and bought another one and that lasted about the same time too.

Just went out and bought the Quick Charger kit. Dont feel like being burned a 3rd time by the play and charge kit.

same here, my battery pack lasted about a year and a half, then crapped out on me, and then I bought the battery only, and it died too. I just use Eneloops, got them about a year ago from a deal I saw on here. I just make sure to keep a set of them charged up, and when mine die, pop in the fresh ones, and start recharging the dead ones. Play and charge kit is crap IMO.

1 gamertag per Xbox live subscription

Gamertags are not attached to a specific console. (that would be dumb)

With the "normal" price for 13 months of XBL being currently at $30 this isn't really a big issue.

Looking to start up a new RPG on the 360 and am a bit uncertain what to play. I enjoy Enchanted Arms and loved Blue Dragon...so something similar to those (JRPG) would be fine. Any suggestions?

[quote name='GizmoGC']How long is it?[/QUOTE]

I hear 30-40, it's on my trade list if you're interested (Sorry for the shameless plug)

It wasn't quite my style so I never finished it. I simply compared it to Tales of Symphonia which I liked better, it was just not as fun to me.

It's got co-op though if you want to play with a friend.

You might also like Lost Oddesy, I didn't care for the combat too much myself.

I've been tempted to try out Last Remenant, but I don't know much about it.

are there any good rpgs out there that use the menu system. ya know, you select attack, magic, etc, like the old FF series. I hate these new action rpgs they got now.

I never played it on the 360, but I absolutely loved Eternal Sonata on the PS3. I know that version is supposed to be better, but if the 360 version is even 75% of the experience, it's still worth a play. VERY fun combat system, and charming (if weird) story. The one warning is that the cutscenes are sometimes laboriously long, though that's par for the course when it comes to JRPGs.

[quote name='decrot']are there any good rpgs out there that use the menu system. ya know, you select attack, magic, etc, like the old FF series. I hate these new action rpgs they got now.[/quote]

If you're looking for an old-school JRPG, go with Blue Dragon. I'd say it's closer to Dragon Quest than FF, but it's along the lines of what you're talking about.

bread's done
Back