The General eBay Rant Thread

People,

I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped to a hotel before.

Person just bought something and the address is confirmed and the person is paypal verified but they want it shipped it a hotel in NY. Comfort Inn.

My guy goes with cancel it so I probably will, but I wanted to get feedback from others before I did.

Main issue I see with this is that this is a PS4 which is ripe with scammers right now. Also, if I get signature confirmation who is going to sign for it. I don't see the concierge counting as someone who will count with the signature confirmation.

Any input would be appreciated.

Maybe he works there? Guy I work with gets all of his packages sent to our work, weird, but the only logical reason that comes to mind right off hand.

People,

I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped to a hotel before.

Person just bought something and the address is confirmed and the person is paypal verified but they want it shipped it a hotel in NY. Comfort Inn.

My guy goes with cancel it so I probably will, but I wanted to get feedback from others before I did.

Main issue I see with this is that this is a PS4 which is ripe with scammers right now. Also, if I get signature confirmation who is going to sign for it. I don't see the concierge counting as someone who will count with the signature confirmation.

Any input would be appreciated.
I had a person in the UK that bought a shirt from me and wanted it shipped to his work address. The odd thing was there was no numbers in front of the street name. He told me he worked in a big factory in England and not to worry about the address. I sent the shirt and everything worked out.

I would cover yourself as much as possible since were talking about a PS4 here.

Maybe he works there? Guy I work with gets all of his packages sent to our work, weird, but the only logical reason that comes to mind right off hand.
Turns out this is going with a person who is staying at the hotel and he is bringing to back to Brazil. Blargh. Why couldn't someone normal just buy it hah.

Please please please . . . don't bash me for my stupidity/mistake(s) . . . :cry:

So, some time ago, I sent a game console for repair to some guy on eBay. He had very high feedback, and it was all positive. I received it back in working condition, but it got busted again. This dude offered a "warranty" with his repairs, so I sent it back to him under the agreement that he'd repair it for free, as per his "warranty."

I never should have sent it back, as I haven't seen it since. He first gave excuses as to why he hadn't sent it back. The first ones seemed reasonable, and valid. After a while, I was fairly certain I wasn't ever going to see my console again. He stopped replying to my emails, closed his eBay account, as well as his email account.

I eventually found out that he had a  barebones website that he uses for some pc/console repair business. He had his cell # posted on it, and so I contacted him on using it. When he asked what the problem with my console, I told him that he had stolen it. He denied being the person, and pretended to have only made the website. He did mention that my incident probably took place during the repair guy's divorce (second of many excuses I had previously received from the guy, back when he was still on eBay). I thought I was finally going to get somewhere.

NOPE. Just like before, there were no more replies. I reported his repair service to the BBB, and reported him for mail fraud. That got me nowhere. I emailed his business email using every single email account I had, left voicemails, and even emailed his (former?) place of work (the 2nd time I sent the console, he had me ship it there). Eventually he responded telling me to send him my paypal address (for a refund). Nothing happened. I contacted him again, and he told me to fuck off.  :whistle2:x

Last edited by a moderator:
Please please please . . . don't bash me for my stupidity/mistake(s) . . . :cry:

So, some time ago, I sent a game console for repair to some guy on eBay. He had very high feedback, and it was all positive. I received it back in working condition, but it got busted again. This dude offered a "warranty" with his repairs, so I sent it back to him under the agreement that he'd repair it for free, as per his "warranty."

I never should have sent it back, as I haven't seen it since. He first gave excuses as to why he hadn't sent it back. The first ones seemed reasonable, and valid. After a while, I was fairly certain I wasn't ever going to see my console again. He stopped replying to my emails, closed his eBay account, as well as his email account.

I eventually found out that he had a barebones website that he uses for some pc/console repair business. He had his cell # posted on it, and so I contacted him on using it. When he asked what the problem with my console, I told him that he had stolen it. He denied being the person, and pretended to have only made the website. He did mention that my incident probably took place during the repair guy's divorce (second of many excuses I had previously received from the guy, back when he was still on eBay). I thought I was finally going to get somewhere.

NOPE. Just like before, there were no more replies. I reported his repair service to the BBB, and reported him for mail fraud. That got me nowhere. I emailed his business email using every single email account I had, left voicemails, and even emailed his (former?) place of work (the 2nd time I sent the console, he had me ship it there). Eventually he responded telling me to send him my paypal address (for a refund). Nothing happened. I contacted him again, and he told me to fuck off. :whistle2:x
Yeah you got scammed. People sell repair services on eBay? Weird. Why didn't you take it somewhere local? Is he in the same state as you or a state you can readily get to? You could try filing a small claims lawsuit against him.

Yeah you got scammed. People sell repair services on eBay? Weird. Why didn't you take it somewhere local? Is he in the same state as you or a state you can readily get to? You could try filing a small claims lawsuit against him.
He's in a faraway state. As to why I didn't go local, I really don't know. :dunce: :whistle2:(

He's in a faraway state. As to why I didn't go local, I really don't know. :dunce: :whistle2:(
Have you tried contacting eBay/PayPal? They might be able to give you something back in the way of money. I don't know what the eBay/PayPal policy is with "Specialty Services" that involve repair of electronics.

Since eBay as FINALLY started taking a serious look at bad buyer behavior a lot of buyers are on thin ice for opening too many claims.

What you'll start seeing now is buyers trying to get sellers to offer concessions or replacements.

Good for you for standing up for yourself. In almost every situation it should always be "...return for refund". That forces the buyers to decide if opening a claim or initiating a fraudulent return is worth being able to use eBay.
I sell collectibles and often have people trying to get partial refund for some BS reason. I always offer a full-refund for return, but that's it. It stops most of the haggling after the fact, although I had someone open up a *very* rare board game and steel 2 of the small plastic pieces. :whistle2:(

What is the feeling here on buyers paying return shipping when the seller was at fault?

I bought a game for my collection because there was an actual photograph of the "black label" non-discount line game on the listing. It wasn't a stock photo. Yes, I'm a person that looks for "black label" copies. So I use BIN and basically pay a premium of a few bucks over the market rate because I just needed this one last black label copy to complete my collection for that console and I wanted it over with. Instead in the mail I get the discount line copy of the game. I open a claim, explain they didn't sent me what was in the picture and that they didn't specify their picture wasn't of the actual item I'd be receiving, and I get back the boilerplate full refund when I return it as the solution. So now I'm going to be on the hook for return shipping of $2.21 because they didn't ship me what was pictured.

Is there any way to get my return shipping costs back?

What is the feeling here on buyers paying return shipping when the seller was at fault?

I bought a game for my collection because there was an actual photograph of the "black label" non-discount line game on the listing. It wasn't a stock photo. Yes, I'm a person that looks for "black label" copies. So I use BIN and basically pay a premium of a few bucks over the market rate because I just needed this one last black label copy to complete my collection for that console and I wanted it over with. Instead in the mail I get the discount line copy of the game. I open a claim, explain they didn't sent me what was in the picture and that they didn't specify their picture wasn't of the actual item I'd be receiving, and I get back the boilerplate full refund when I return it as the solution. So now I'm going to be on the hook for return shipping of $2.21 because they didn't ship me what was pictured.

Nope. Apparently this is how eBay does business now, but usually when I run into this situation I just send them a final message to let them know how disappointed I am with the transaction, and let them know I will be leaving a negative (but not threaten them with one), and sometimes they just go ahead and take care of it, but most of the time it doesn't seem like they care about the negative. Luckily I haven't had an issue such as this in awhile, but it still irks me that I can't get my shipping back if the seller actually asks for it to be returned for a refund. I've stopped opening disputes personally, and just started to message the seller, or leave a negative, and then let see what the seller decides to do.

I refuse. I have always gotten sellers to pay return shipping when it was their mistake. Let them know make it right or you'll leave a negative. You shouldn't be out money for their mistake.

I refuse. I have always gotten sellers to pay return shipping when it was their mistake. Let them know make it right or you'll leave a negative. You shouldn't be out money for their mistake.
Same here...Except I word the sentence in such a way so that they know what's going to happen if they don't make it right...without saying it. Just in case, they complain to eBay about extortion.

I've also had luck calling eBay once or twice. And eBay issued me a return label and then debited the seller's account (or maybe it was on their own coin?)

If it was my mistake, or if I changed my mind, then I pay shipping.

If it's not, then the seller pays.

If I make a mistake and buy something I'll own up to it and just keep the item or re-sell it on my own and take any losses from that. (Except for one time I forgot to input a decimal and ended up max bidding thousands on something that wasn't worth $100 - that I had the seller cancel.) This is the first time I've actually had to do a return over eBay when the seller screwed up. I guess I'll send a message asking if my return shipping costs are going to be covered as well. If I get a "No" response I'll let the seller know I'll be leaving a negative. The seller has a great feedback history but he is completely butthurt over the handful of negatives he does have based on his responses to them.

Depends on the situation. If it was just a negligent honest mistake on his part, I would think the seller should reimburse the buyer for return shipping.

So I'm about to run into a situation with a buyer that's going to start developing soon.  Last month I sold a steelbook case to a buyer and it shows "delivered" on the tracking number. 

Over the weekend, he just emailed me stating that he did not receive his item.  I asked him to double check his mailbox and mail area and he said he could not find anything.  I'm instructing him to follow up with his local postmaster but given that this was an ordinary sized parcel delivered a month ago, it's safe to say the mailman won't remember what my item was and when it was delivered.    Going by the conversations we're having, he seemed like an honest guy that isn't trying to pull a fast one on me.  He even left me positive feedback the minute he paid me. 

I know my option is to instruct him to open up a INR claim through eBay which I'll eventually win, but will eBay/Paypal reimburse him still?  If they do, I would tell him to do that just to let the process run its course and that both sides come away happy.  I would think we would both keep our money at the expense of ebay/Paypal without any intentional deception from either side.  But I do feel a little bad for him and am considering shipping out a replacement for the sake of kindness.  So another question I have is if I were to instruct him to send me a Paypal payment for a second shipping label is there going to be a problem with eBay since it's going outside of them and thereby avoiding the eBay fees over a miniscule $3 for shipping and handling?  My point is I don't want to get it to a point where should the case be opened up, that they say my replacement steelbook was not advised and outside of eBay and therefore come back to hurt me?  Ehhh... the more I type this out the more this sounds like a pain. I just feel bad if he loses his money on an item I suspect was misdelivered.

Depends on the situation. If it was just a negligent honest mistake on his part, I would think the seller should reimburse the buyer for return shipping.
It was the seller's mistake. I sent a message asking if I would be reimbursed for return shipping costs. He fired back that because I opened a case instead of messaging him to work things out that he wasn't going to reimburse me my costs. He says if I had messaged him, he would have sent me the correct game and handled all of the shipping costs.

So the thing is... I did message him. On eBay, when click the link to contact the seller, you have to select a reason. I selected it was because the item was not as described. This then led me to a page asking if I wanted to keep the item - I didn't, because it was the wrong item - and had a place for my to type a message. In the message I explained the situation - that he sent the wrong game. I asked if he had the correct game to send me. Instead the only reply I got was to send the game back for a refund, which then prompted my second message asking if I was going to get my shipping costs reimbursed.

So in essence he's pissed off about the fact that eBay handles every contact message to the seller about "not as described" as automatic cases opened against the seller. I explained that to the seller and said I still have the power to close the case before a certain date, and that wouldn't affect his standing with eBay. I also pointed out I haven't escalated the claim for eBay to decide on.

It's just amazing he can be such a rude prick about it when I was simply going through the system eBay set up. And since he loves leaving snarky comments to the buyers that have left him negative feedback, you'd think he wouldn't want me to leave negative feedback over a couple of bucks. It's just real idiotic business sense.

So I'm about to run into a situation with a buyer that's going to start developing soon. Last month I sold a steelbook case to a buyer and it shows "delivered" on the tracking number.

Over the weekend, he just emailed me stating that he did not receive his item. I asked him to double check his mailbox and mail area and he said he could not find anything. I'm instructing him to follow up with his local postmaster but given that this was an ordinary sized parcel delivered a month ago, it's safe to say the mailman won't remember what my item was and when it was delivered. Going by the conversations we're having, he seemed like an honest guy that isn't trying to pull a fast one on me. He even left me positive feedback the minute he paid me.

I know my option is to instruct him to open up a INR claim through eBay which I'll eventually win, but will eBay/Paypal reimburse him still? If they do, I would tell him to do that just to let the process run its course and that both sides come away happy. I would think we would both keep our money at the expense of ebay/Paypal without any intentional deception from either side. But I do feel a little bad for him and am considering shipping out a replacement for the sake of kindness. So another question I have is if I were to instruct him to send me a Paypal payment for a second shipping label is there going to be a problem with eBay since it's going outside of them and thereby avoiding the eBay fees over a miniscule $3 for shipping and handling? My point is I don't want to get it to a point where should the case be opened up, that they say my replacement steelbook was not advised and outside of eBay and therefore come back to hurt me? Ehhh... the more I type this out the more this sounds like a pain. I just feel bad if he loses his money on an item I suspect was misdelivered.
It seems like an unfortunate situation, but he probably should have checked up on the tracking sooner and he should learn not to leave feedback until he actually has the item - not that you deserve a negative or anything. Why would a buyer leave positive feedback after THEY pay? It doesn't make any sense - either this guy is genuinely confused about the way eBay feedback works, or he is up to something. If he files the INR, it sounds like he's going to lose or if he's lucky, eBay will refund him out of their pockets. But I wouldn't send him messages explaining all that to him, otherwise eBay is going to probably read those and think you two are scamming them. Just tell him to file a claim and see what happens. This isn't really your problem at this point.

It was the seller's mistake. I sent a message asking if I would be reimbursed for return shipping costs. He fired back that because I opened a case instead of messaging him to work things out that he wasn't going to reimburse me my costs. He says if I had messaged him, he would have sent me the correct game and handled all of the shipping costs.

So the thing is... I did message him. On eBay, when click the link to contact the seller, you have to select a reason. I selected it was because the item was not as described. This then led me to a page asking if I wanted to keep the item - I didn't, because it was the wrong item - and had a place for my to type a message. In the message I explained the situation - that he sent the wrong game. I asked if he had the correct game to send me. Instead the only reply I got was to send the game back for a refund, which then prompted my second message asking if I was going to get my shipping costs reimbursed.

So in essence he's pissed off about the fact that eBay handles every contact message to the seller about "not as described" as automatic cases opened against the seller. I explained that to the seller and said I still have the power to close the case before a certain date, and that wouldn't affect his standing with eBay. I also pointed out I haven't escalated the claim for eBay to decide on.

It's just amazing he can be such a rude prick about it when I was simply going through the system eBay set up. And since he loves leaving snarky comments to the buyers that have left him negative feedback, you'd think he wouldn't want me to leave negative feedback over a couple of bucks. It's just real idiotic business sense.
Yeah apparently eBay now automatically opens cases for buyers depending on their form of contact. I had a buyer open up a case on me last week and when I spoke with him he made it a point to me that he did not specifically open the case. He mentioned something along the lines of just trying to ask me a question and then a case was automatically opened .... wtf? From a seller's standpoint, it's always going to be concerning. I don't recall seeing any sort of explanation of changes covering this so I think eBay screwed up and did a poor job of communicating this new process.

So in summary, I think your seller just misunderstood and once he gets over the whole escalation to the initial case level with eBay, he may cool down but seeing as how he's gotten snarky with you already and the message was implied, he may just stick with his guns on this one regarding not reimbursing you the shipping costs.

I'm unsure how the current rules work but before if you ever escalated a case to eBay and the case was found in your favor, eBay would actually reimburse you for your return shipping costs. With the current buyer protection program for cost + shipping now in place, I would think that is still the rule (only if you get it escalated and found in your favor).

Yeah apparently eBay now automatically opens cases for buyers depending on their form of contact. I had a buyer open up a case on me last week and when I spoke with him he made it a point to me that he did not specifically open the case. He mentioned something along the lines of just trying to ask me a question and then a case was automatically opened .... wtf? From a seller's standpoint, it's always going to be concerning. I don't recall seeing any sort of explanation of changes covering this so I think eBay screwed up and did a poor job of communicating this new process.

So in summary, I think your seller just misunderstood and once he gets over the whole escalation to the initial case level with eBay, he may cool down but seeing as how he's gotten snarky with you already and the message was implied, he may just stick with his guns on this one regarding not reimbursing you the shipping costs.

I'm unsure how the current rules work but before if you ever escalated a case to eBay and the case was found in your favor, eBay would actually reimburse you for your return shipping costs. With the current buyer protection program for cost + shipping now in place, I would think that is still the rule (only if you get it escalated and found in your favor).
Even if eBay hadn't auto-opened the case for me and I chose to open it myself, I don't know why a seller would get uppity about it. Unless the case was escalated to eBay right away (which I don't think was possible until the seller at least responded once or a certain number of days had gone by?), all opening a case does is create a ticking clock for an resolution to be reached or for the case to be escalated.

The old system only benefits sellers because it seems to have created a situation where a buyer has a problem, sends a standard message, and then the seller can fuck around until the buyer gets fed up enough to open an actual case which then starts the clock but gives the seller even more time for a response. It seems like eBay just wanted to get things in order and get things resolved faster for buyers by starting the clock right away. 30 days is more than enough time for any replacements to get mailed out and to arrive, and its MORE than enough time for simple refunds.

And whether I opened it or whether eBay auto-opened it, all the seller has to do is make it right (refund, replacement, reimbursement, whatever) and I can choose to close the case. If I were to be an asshole and escalate the case, eBay would see the seller made things right and I would lose. There's no reason to be a jerk about it from his end.

But like I said, this guy is snarky with people who have negged/neutral'd him in the past, he has overly anal boilerplate on his listings (which made me think he would send what was advertised - but mistakes do happen) and on his shipment confirmation emails, his return address only has his first name and the first letter of his last name, and I have a feeling he's also playing fast and loose with shipping rates. I weighed the package to see how much I might be out of pocket, and it weighed in at 6.5 ounces, which should be rounded up to the 7 ounce price. It wasn't even a question of scale calibrations where you might let .1 or .2 oz slide. He only paid for 6 ounces. I have a less dense mailer I can put it in to get back to 6 ounces fairly. But I suspect if he did that to me he's probably rounding down on all of his shipments. I wonder if he has ever been caught.

hi guy do u kno how 2 get pypal hold off or get it off quicker they say it wil e off soon but i cant wait i have thing 2 sell 2 pay 4 next gen game

If your a new seller the only way to bypass the hold period is to contact customer service AFTER the tracking shows delivered AND the buyer has left feedback.

If both of those things have occurred prior to the 14/21 day hold period it it possible that a customer service agent would release the holds for you.

If your a new seller the only way to bypass the hold period is to contact customer service AFTER the tracking shows delivered AND the buyer has left feedback.

If both of those things have occurred prior to the 14/21 day hold period it it possible that a customer service agent would release the holds for you.
ok thank u i like ur post

Even if eBay hadn't auto-opened the case for me and I chose to open it myself, I don't know why a seller would get uppity about it. Unless the case was escalated to eBay right away (which I don't think was possible until the seller at least responded once or a certain number of days had gone by?), all opening a case does is create a ticking clock for an resolution to be reached or for the case to be escalated.

The old system only benefits sellers because it seems to have created a situation where a buyer has a problem, sends a standard message, and then the seller can fuck around until the buyer gets fed up enough to open an actual case which then starts the clock but gives the seller even more time for a response. It seems like eBay just wanted to get things in order and get things resolved faster for buyers by starting the clock right away. 30 days is more than enough time for any replacements to get mailed out and to arrive, and its MORE than enough time for simple refunds.

And whether I opened it or whether eBay auto-opened it, all the seller has to do is make it right (refund, replacement, reimbursement, whatever) and I can choose to close the case. If I were to be an asshole and escalate the case, eBay would see the seller made things right and I would lose. There's no reason to be a jerk about it from his end.
Yeah...I realized this very quickly when eBay began opening cases for me when all I wanted to do was ask where the package was or something. Now I pick "other".

BUT, if a seller were to behave like this guy is (I mean, where does he get off being uppity? No matter what, it's his fault!!), then I wouldn't be courteous either.

In your place, I wouldn't stop now. Now that the case is opened...He's in the wrong...so no matter what, there's no way he can back out of THAT bit. Put up photographs (eBay lets you do that now) and then if he's still not coming through, escalate it.

I had a case that closed not too long ago where the seller sent me the completely wrong set of clothes and was trying to weasel out by offering me a few bucks refund.

In my case however, eBay decided to just refund me out of THEIR pocket. Strange, right?

Anyway, might happen to you too. Either way, you need to mention in the case, that since it's not your fault, you should not have to pay for return shipping.

If eBay decides it in your favor, and they should (but you never know with eBay), they'll either pay for it themselves or deduct the money from the seller's account.

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

Yeah...I realized this very quickly when eBay began opening cases for me when all I wanted to do was ask where the package was or something. Now I pick "other".

BUT, if a seller were to behave like this guy is (I mean, where does he get off being uppity? No matter what, it's his fault!!), then I wouldn't be courteous either.

In your place, I wouldn't stop now. Now that the case is opened...He's in the wrong...so no matter what, there's no way he can back out of THAT bit. Put up photographs (eBay lets you do that now) and then if he's still not coming through, escalate it.

I had a case that closed not too long ago where the seller sent me the completely wrong set of clothes and was trying to weasel out by offering me a few bucks refund.

In my case however, eBay decided to just refund me out of THEIR pocket. Strange, right?

Anyway, might happen to you too. Either way, you need to mention in the case, that since it's not your fault, you should not have to pay for return shipping.

If eBay decides it in your favor, and they should (but you never know with eBay), they'll either pay for it themselves or deduct the money from the seller's account.

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.
I'm still waiting to see if I get response from the guy after I explained to him how eBay auto-opens cases now. I realize eBay is a huge corporation with monies set aside for making buyers happy, but I think it would be too bad if eBay paid me off and let him keep his money. I'm willing to return the item, but I don't want to take a loss doing so since this wasn't my fault.

I'm still waiting to see if I get response from the guy after I explained to him how eBay auto-opens cases now. I realize eBay is a huge corporation with monies set aside for making buyers happy, but I think it would be too bad if eBay paid me off and let him keep his money. I'm willing to return the item, but I don't want to take a loss doing so since this wasn't my fault.
Yeah..I know that feeling. When eBay refunded me, I felt the same way. I wanted the seller to realize his mistake..and this way he's just let off easy.

But...what can you do? At that point, you've gotta decide...what's more important? Getting your money or teaching him a lesson?

Yeah..I know that feeling. When eBay refunded me, I felt the same way. I wanted the seller to realize his mistake..and this way he's just let off easy.

But...what can you do? At that point, you've gotta decide...what's more important? Getting your money or teaching him a lesson?
I never intended escalate the case since I figured he would be reasonable, but at this point, if he's going to be a jerk about it I have nothing to lose by escalating it. I think I have to wait until Thursday though since apparently eBay's 3-day-response period is 3 business days and today was only day 1. Either eBay will cover all of my costs or they'll tell me to pay to ship it back, but it's worth a shot since he doesn't want to play nice.

Did PayPal get rid of the option to pay for items in the seller's currency, instead of converting it for you at their rate? It doesn't mention anything about being able to choose between the two anymore when checking out. :(

New sellers that come on eBay and re list the item when they don't get the price they want are terrible people. I could see doing this if you sold some $1500 item for $500 or something but the guy that I'm waiting 2 more days to open a case on got paid $30 shipped for his copy of GTA. He now has it re-listed and the market on gta is only in the $40 range. And if you have to have a certain price why not run fixed price? Buying from new sellers is like a 50/50 type deal on whether I'll ever see the item or not because using a eBay account is too much responsibility for the average idiot. I'm not even mad about not getting the GTA its really that now its going to be several weeks from purchase date before I actually get my money back because there is 0% chance this guy actually responds to the case. And this is probably the 3rd or 4th time in 10 purchases that I've had this happen and the moral of the story is that when you buy from someone with only 3 or 4 sales expect a high likelihood of a case.

I never intended escalate the case since I figured he would be reasonable, but at this point, if he's going to be a jerk about it I have nothing to lose by escalating it. I think I have to wait until Thursday though since apparently eBay's 3-day-response period is 3 business days and today was only day 1. Either eBay will cover all of my costs or they'll tell me to pay to ship it back, but it's worth a shot since he doesn't want to play nice.
When an item doesn't match the listing description

If a buyer receives an item that doesn't match the listing description, the buyer needs to open a case by contacting the seller through the Resolution Center. The seller should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return or offering a replacement or refund.

If the buyer isn't happy with the seller's response or doesn't receive a seller response, the buyer can ask us to review the case and make a decision.

If we're asked to decide the case, we review the item description and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can't determine whether or not the item matches the listing description, or if the seller has already offered to accept a return, we ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.

When an item is returned to the seller

The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.

The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.

If the cost of return shipping isn't covered by the seller according to their return policy, we may decide to pay for return shipping costs in some cases. If we don't pay for the return shipping costs, the buyer is responsible. For items with a total cost of $750 or more, signature confirmation is required for the return.

The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.

After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping to the buyer's PayPal account. The seller reimburses us for the amount.

We may not require that an item be returned to the seller when:

The item location was misrepresented.

It's hazardous to ship the item back.

The seller doesn't fulfill the terms of the return policy in the listing.

The seller chooses not to engage with the eBay Buyer Protection process.

Alternatively, with the buyer's consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item that was received. When we give a buyer a partial refund, we don't ask the buyer to return the item to the seller. The seller is required to reimburse us for the partial refund.

So the guy that re-listed the copy of GTA had it sell at $33. $3 worth a negative? Wonder if he'll go for broke and try to sell it for the third time.

Update to my situation where the seller sent me the wrong item then told me he wouldn't reimburse my return shipping because eBay automatically opened a case for me (but apparently would have done so had no case been open): I escalated the case last night after getting no response from him when I explained that I could close the case and it wouldn't be a mark against his record (at that point). I told eBay I would return the item but wanted to be reimbursed return shipping costs since this situation was because of the seller's mistake. By this morning I had received a full refund. The official resolution was: "Final decision: The case has been closed in your favor. eBay Customer Support comments: "You have been issued a courtesy refund by eBay."" So I think that's a mark against his account since it was closed in my favor rather than it being a no fault situation, but a "courtesy refund" is strange wording if they're going to ding the seller.

Now i just have to decide if I want to leave him a negative, and if I do leave him a negative, how to word it. I can't mention the eBay case (I believe that's eBay's rule), and I've got to think of wording that doesn't give him an opening to reply back to the negative and insult me like he did nothing wrong.

I think eBay's been giving a lot of people courtesy refunds.

Either way... Have you left negatives before?

Do you WANT to leave a negative in this case?

Let's start with that. I'm pretty laid back...so even if a seller wrongs me, if they appear to atleast make up for it in SOME manner, then I'll let it go. I think I left someone a neutral once, but that's it.

If you feel that you want to leave a negative, then keep it simple.
"Sent wrong item.Would not refund. eBay took my side though! VERY rude and discourteous."

Something like that.

Got a message today for a Cars Collector's Edition Blu-ray w/ slipcover that I'm selling.

"Hello, I would be purchasing this as a gift for a collector.

Are either of your slipcovers totally mint, with no dents, bends, creases, or wear on the corners or edges?

Thanks."

:headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:

I didn't even bother replying. Added him to my blocked list.

Funnily enough, the previous guy who tried to scam me was also buying a movie for as a gift for a collector!  :roll: yeah right.

Pretty pissed right now. Had two separate auctions for PS1 Japanese import game lots closed due to "Listing policy violation alert: copyright violation - Unauthorised Item", according to the email they sent. I have no idea why they did that. The games are in acceptable disc-only condition i.e. without case and manual, because I have no space for the extras and that's how I always store my stuff, I'm wondering if they think there is something sketchy about the fact that there are several import, disc only games in a lot. If so, they've completely ignored the fact that I have clear photos of each individual disc included in the auction, which prove to anyone with working eyes that I am in fact selling fully kosher ORIGINAL games. I only ever sell original items, that's all I own. I actually paid a fair amount for these games and am selling them for a huge discount over what I paid, just because I know most people on eBay want a deal, and plus I need the money soon.

Should I bother contacting them to clear this up, or should I just relist and hope it slips through? In the email they threatened that "additional violations of this policy" could result in suspension, so not sure what to do. Anyone else had this experience?

Yeah I'm not really sure why they would do that. It makes me a bit nervous because I'm also selling Japanese ps1imports but I have cases and everything so hopefully they don't try that with me.

I bought two games from a person. Paid, said it was shipped and finally 10 days later I opened a case. The required time went by, no tracking info, no responses, so I closed it and got my money back. Finally today after another week the woman emails me saying that I scammed her because she knows for a fact I have the games and she will be getting her money back.

I hope she enjoyed her negative feedback. lol

So I've started purchasing Skylanders on ebay recently to finish out variants from the first two games, and I'm starting to get really irritated with pictures not matching the actual item. I understand that it's my own damn fault for not reading the description completely, but is it really that damn hard to take a picture of the individual item you are selling? Case in point... pictured is the Skylander w/ card. I win it and when it shows up there is no card. I go back and read the description... at the very end it mentions "no card or sticker included (even though it's pictured)". Another, there is a stock picture of one in package brand new. When it shows up the package has obviously been opened and taped back shut. This is mentioned in the description after reviewing it. I don't plan on leaving any sort of negative feedback or demanding a refund because that would be a dick move and I should have read the description in detail, but it's just a pet peeve of mine to lazily throw up a generic stock photo of an item you are selling.

When I sell on eBay I typically take the time to individually photograph each item so the listing has the photo for the ACTUAL item being sold. Now I'm starting to recall why I quit buying crap on ebay....

Anything I can do about a 'would be' scammer?

Yesterday I get a message from a guy I sold a 15.00 game to a month ago. I marked it as shipped and all but apparently I forgot to upload tracking, though I did get it. He says it never showed up. Right or wrong I'm annoyed that he waited a month to contact me, thinking I may not be able to find the tracking info at this point. Luckily, after 20 minutes of searching, I locate my receipt and check. It shows delivered 3 days after I shipped it.

I upload tracking and message the guy saying hey, I show it was delivered, if you don't have it we need to contact the post office. Ten minutes later I get a message back, oh, I was able to find it. Thanks though for uploading that.

Guy has over 10000 feedback 100%, but this seems like a pretty obvious attempt to scam me. I'm not out anything so not a huge deal, but behavior like this really should have some consequences... He also says when I ask him why he waited so long to contact me that he always waits a month to give the item plenty of time to show up. Really? A MONTH? That's absurd and just makes it harder to solve a problem if there is one.

Got a message today for a Cars Collector's Edition Blu-ray w/ slipcover that I'm selling.

"Hello, I would be purchasing this as a gift for a collector.

Are either of your slipcovers totally mint, with no dents, bends, creases, or wear on the corners or edges?

Thanks."

:headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache: :headache:

I didn't even bother replying. Added him to my blocked list.

Funnily enough, the previous guy who tried to scam me was also buying a movie for as a gift for a collector! :roll: yeah right.
You probably did the right choice, the slip collectors on Blu-Ray.com are such sticklers. lmao, There was one guy on there who really doesn't care for them and tore one in half and posted a picture of it. You should have seen all the outcry over it, classic!

Anything I can do about a 'would be' scammer?

Yesterday I get a message from a guy I sold a 15.00 game to a month ago. I marked it as shipped and all but apparently I forgot to upload tracking, though I did get it. He says it never showed up. Right or wrong I'm annoyed that he waited a month to contact me, thinking I may not be able to find the tracking info at this point. Luckily, after 20 minutes of searching, I locate my receipt and check. It shows delivered 3 days after I shipped it.

I upload tracking and message the guy saying hey, I show it was delivered, if you don't have it we need to contact the post office. Ten minutes later I get a message back, oh, I was able to find it. Thanks though for uploading that.

Guy has over 10000 feedback 100%, but this seems like a pretty obvious attempt to scam me. I'm not out anything so not a huge deal, but behavior like this really should have some consequences... He also says when I ask him why he waited so long to contact me that he always waits a month to give the item plenty of time to show up. Really? A MONTH? That's absurd and just makes it harder to solve a problem if there is one.
You can add him to your blocked buyers list. I think there's also an option to report users to eBay but I don't think they'd do anything.

I have to say, I really despise he new eBay app. The search function is crap, it never saves my settings anymore, changing the shipping on new listings requires more clicking, and the bar appearing whenever you scroll up is annoying as hell.

Does anyone know if Im screwed with an insurance claim, if an item was never scanned in? Dropped a game off in the mailbox inside the post office last monday, and it never got updated even once tracking wise. Its still at shipping info received.
Was hoping it was just a messed up label and it just went along its journey, but I just received a message from the buyer asking where its at.

Does anyone know if Im screwed with an insurance claim, if an item was never scanned in? Dropped a game off in the mailbox inside the post office last monday, and it never got updated even once tracking wise. Its still at shipping info received.
Was hoping it was just a messed up label and it just went along its journey, but I just received a message from the buyer asking where its at.
You're probably fucked. I assume you shipped it First Class? If it was within the lower 48 it should have arrived last week. It would be odd for it to make it all the way through the system without getting scanned at any point. You should go talk to someone at the PO where you dropped it off.

Question. So I sold a Gameboy yesterday morning and soon after it sold the person told me that they needed it to ship to a different location as it was a Christmas present and gave me a different address. I sent them a reply saying that I would need to refund and cancel the transaction, and then once she buys it again she can change the address. No reply from her yet. If I don't get a reply after several days should I consider just canceling the auction?

Question. So I sold a Gameboy yesterday morning and soon after it sold the person told me that they needed it to ship to a different location as it was a Christmas present and gave me a different address. I sent them a reply saying that I would need to refund and cancel the transaction, and then once she buys it again she can change the address. No reply from her yet. If I don't get a reply after several days should I consider just canceling the auction?
You have a long time to cancel so just wait it out as long as you feel is enough. Theres no hurry.

You have a long time to cancel so just wait it out as long as you feel is enough. Theres no hurry.
Yep. That is one of the tell tale signs of a scammer. Ask you to send to a different address and then you are screwed.

bread's done
Back