The General eBay Rant Thread

LOL Someone needs to learn what a scam is. They list it at a price, they aren't hiding or lying to you. That is NOT what a scam is. Also, so don't buy from Gamestop....no one is making you buy shit there. But if GS is the only store that sells that particular item and you really want it then then you need to buy it from GS or look elsewhere. You sound like an entitled child who wants to get what you want.
Most are scamming by claiming it's rare. Obviously, it's not fucking rare when it's still being stocked at retail. Anyone who can't see that this is complete fucking bullshit is just a fucking idiot.

I bought something on ebay as a pre-order that doesn't ship for a few months and want to cancel my order. I sent the seller 3 messages and they haven't responded in a week.

How can I get my order cancelled? The seller says they accept returns so they shouldn't have any problem cancelling an order that doesn't ship for months.

Any advice?

I bought something on ebay as a pre-order that doesn't ship for a few months and want to cancel my order. I sent the seller 3 messages and they haven't responded in a week.

How can I get my order cancelled? The seller says they accept returns so they shouldn't have any problem cancelling an order that doesn't ship for months.

Any advice?
Go through eBay/Paypal. They're breaking eBay policy anyways listing it so early.

When you have a Nintendo 64 bundle with 13 games on Ebay and people actually get upset that you straight up laughed at their $50 + Free Shipping offer............. if I only wanted $50 I would put that sh1t on Craigslist and sell it today and not have to ship it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first buyer from Puerto Rico last week.  (Didn't actually know selling US only would count Puerto Rico, even though they are a territory).

They paid, and I kept trying to print their label, but eBay (USPS actually) kept saying the address was not valid.  And if I changed the address, I wouldn't be covered by seller protection.

Contacted eBay:  They said to tell the buyer to change the address on their end.

Buyer swore up and down the address was right, and that they had nothing to change.

Was about ready to cancel the whole thing (and likely take the negative feedback), when I tried once more to change anything and everything on the address that I could to get it to "take".  

Finally, I found changing Bayamón to just Bayamon would let it go through!   :booty:

Hi can you lower the price?? To $30. And its disc only. Old game. I want to buy today. Will pay immediately??  

This was for a copy of X-Men VS Streetfighter for PS1. It was listed for $47.97 which was the cheapest on Ebay at the time. It had 8 watchers when I got this message. It was sold for asking price the next day.

I've noticed more and more people asking me to remove items from bundles so they can offer cheaper for what they want..... uhm no! It's a bundle of stuff that I'm trying to sell together! You take all or none! 

Anybody ever had the misfortune to sell to the buyer keef-austi? He's a scammer who tried to return a Silent Hill 2 game he bought from me. He claims it was scratched and the manual wasn't included. The pictures he took of the back of the disc look like he went at it with a boxcutter. I did include the manual in the case as well, of course. I told him I would contact the police if he sent me back a disc in that condition. I intend to follow through with it if he forces the return and sends me back the slashed disc.

There's not much you can do. Even your pics aren't really proof of what you sent him. I had a pretty rare video game board game I sent to someone who opened it and took out the few pieces he needed to complete his set, and then eBay let him return the game and I lost. The plastic shrink-wrap was on the game when I sent it to him! But of course that didn't matter to anyone so I had to eat the loss and re-sell it for substantially less... opened and with pieces missing.

Oh I know. I'm not looking for advice. I've decided to go ahead with filing the police report if he returns a ruined disc to me. I just wanted to know if that buyer was a common scammer or not.

Got a guy saying the copy of Metal Slug Advance he bought constantly freezes..... funny how that never happened for me. Perhaps it's your dirty GBA dude. 

Edit 6/1/19- got the game back today.............its fine! If youre having buyers remorse just be honest! You insult me when you say that my shit is broken when I clean and test everything before shipping!

I listed my GTX 1660ti, noted that item is being sold fully working but as-is with no warranty (because manufacture's warranty cannot be transfer). 

Someone buys it and immediately afterwards, sends me this message: 

hey bud, if this is a scam or the card doesn't work for some reason or other--cancel the transaction. i'm an attorney. i have an amex business platinum card. paypal and insurance up to $100,000/week. 
If it's broken or something is wrong with it I'll keep you card and the money as well. So none of this "as is" or "implied warranty" stuff because that is specifically disclaimed ebay's policies

I checked, he really is an attorney and is pretty well rated- but that's not the point. I know the item works but like anything electronic, might die within a day or might last years... I can't control that. But this guy seems like he might come back as soon as something happens with the card and file a dispute. 

Anyone know what my options are here? Should I just cancel like he said? Feel like I'm going to get a negative (which is... whatever IMO as I'd rather not lose $200) but what I'd be upset over is losing out on the promotional offer on the FVF on this. 

EDIT* Welp, seller just sent an apology email saying it was their intern. 

^I’m gonna have to use “my intern” line sometime! :lol:

So, does the real lawyer actually want the item? Will the intern be fired?

That would be the perfect customer honestly. I mean you are selling a used item and if they say it doesn’t work or not as pictured and they won’t return it that’s a win win situation.

If they reverse the charge PayPal would be forced to eat the cost if you have tracking and the buyer doesn’t return it.

Over the years I’ve had random chargebacks that are typically after the holidays in January. Never an issue on my end.

Oh and get in the practice of not leaving feedback right away. After only getting like 3/10 buyers return feedback I quit giving it out until the buyer takes the time to leave some. As you can guess only 3-4/10 people get feedback from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I’m gonna have to use “my intern” line sometime! :lol:

So, does the real lawyer actually want the item? Will the intern be fired?
He did and I really don't buy his apology story. Why would you let an intern use your account to buy a graphics card that's being shipped to your office? I'm assuming the guy just wanted to scare me in admitting to if I was up to anyting shady, I get it, as there are tons of shoddy sellers on eBay. Guessing my response to his initial email put him at ease. His eBay history seems clean and his reviews make him seem like a solid guy, and I don't see any red flags but... it's not like there's any real safety nets when you sell online or in person.

He did and I really don't buy his apology story. Why would you let an intern use your account to buy a graphics card that's being shipped to your office? I'm assuming the guy just wanted to scare me in admitting to if I was up to anyting shady, I get it, as there are tons of shoddy sellers on eBay. Guessing my response to his initial email put him at ease. His eBay history seems clean and his reviews make him seem like a solid guy, and I don't see any red flags but... it's not like there's any real safety nets when you sell online or in person.
What a weird situation.

I always feel sketched out sending anything if the buyer does anything out of the ordinary.

With the oddly threatening message if it was any other service than ebay I'd report him.

I did get a laugh out of the way he wrote the message though. Almost reminds me of some internet copy pasta troll.

Approved, but lengthy. Can take eight or more weeks, which would mess with the seller metrics and could result in a refund from Ebay for an impatient seller.
Oh, then it shouldn't be a big deal. There's no way it will take that long. I've done eBay's International Shipping more times than I can count and it's always delivered within 3 weeks no matter where it's going. Russia, Austria, Brazil, Australia, etc.

Approved, but lengthy. Can take eight or more weeks, which would mess with the seller metrics and could result in a refund from Ebay for an impatient seller.
On your listing did you state you would be sending media mail? If not and I was the buyer I would be annoyed because that isn't what was advertised.

Are you the seller? If you clearly stated it will be shipped via Media Mail....then do that. You clearly stated that, so you are well within your right to save a few bucks.
$32 even. I was able to resolve the matter with the buyer. The horror stories about shipping media mail to Hawaii were crazy.

Dude thinks I'm stupid. Have a sealed Falco World of Nintendo figure up and he offers $20. I tell him opened ones go for $50. He proceeds to tell me how these all go for $12 at retail and wouldnt be worth $50 unless it was made of gold. Told him to do some research and inform himself.

Dude still complaining, was the first person Ive ever blocked on Ebay.........how pathetic. Been selling since 2004. If he took like 5 minutes to look at recent sold listings he would see they sell in the $100 range because theyre out of print. I could totally see him buying the item and not paying for it or getting the item and then demanding a refund just to screw me over so I blocked him before any of that could happen. He can still send me messages though. He thinks everything on Ebay should be sold for "retail" price apparently. His username is xzavier_wolfe FYI.

Guy sends offer for my PS2, I accept, he pays. He asks a few questions about it and everything seems good. I mail it out. Guy sends a message wanting to cancel the transaction..........F YOU BUDDY ITS ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED AND THE POST OFFICE IS CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY! First he said his card was pending the transaction (derrr I received your payment so BS!) and now he just said they finally got their other PS2 to work. Shouldve expected about the same from a 1 feedback user right when I had a 0 feedback user not pay for the same PS2.

Cool, just got a Neutral feedback from a guy who said his PS1 bundle was never delivered..... despite the tracking number showing it was delivered 35 days ago.

Just a couple short ones. Received this message for a return for a basically Brand New copy of American Mcgee's Alice for PC. Of course it's a 0 feedback customer.

Here's what the buyer said

Reason

Doesn't work or defective
Comments

Put the disc in my laptop and doesn t work. Now it corrupted my laptop.

And this also 0 feedback customer. A basically Brand New copy of 10th Edition Chessmaster for PC. It is a 3 Disc Game and when he returned it, it was missing disc one. I messaged him that I would not refund him until I received the missing disc. I never heard anything back and Ebay closed the case. I still got stuck paying for the return label as it was returned as defective. Can I ask ebay to refund me the return shipping cost? Here's his comments on the return.

Reason for return
Doesn't work or defective

Comments
It will not install itself on my computer. I do have windows 10

When you just boxed up an item to ship to someone then they send a message like "I need to cancel this ordered accidentally sorry"........how TF do you accidentally order something when you TOOK THE TIME TO MAKE AND SEND AN OFFER?! There should be some type of strike that Ebay can put on these accounts. Theyre just wasting my time.

I guess this could be posted here or the CL Stupidity thread............IS NOONE BUYING STUFF RIGHT?! 1000s of people use the local CL and FB groups and millions are on Ebay.........yet I got so much stuff listed but just sitting. Im not even getting lowball offers at the moment. It just blows my mind that not 1 person is interested in anything I have up. And its def not my prices because most are best offer.

I guess this could be posted here or the CL Stupidity thread............IS NOONE BUYING STUFF RIGHT?! 1000s of people use the local CL and FB groups and millions are on Ebay.........yet I got so much stuff listed but just sitting. Im not even getting lowball offers at the moment. It just blows my mind that not 1 person is interested in anything I have up. And its def not my prices because most are best offer.
Same. I used to have 20-30 items sold within the past 2 months that are displayed on the Selling page. That is a good two months for me. Last month I dipped into single digits. No sales whatsoever for weeks. 9 items sold. 8 items sold. 7. 6. Number kept dropping. Where my buyaz at?

Same. I used to have 20-30 items sold within the past 2 months that are displayed on the Selling page. That is a good two months for me. Last month I dipped into single digits. No sales whatsoever for weeks. 9 items sold. 8 items sold. 7. 6. Number kept dropping. Where my buyaz at?
I am right there also. I am practically giving stuff away with my prices. I have a PS1 game that I have on sale at 37% which brings it to around $20. I get a message today asking if I will take $5 for it. :wall: Well atleast I will have inventory for Winter and probably the next 5 years. :cry:

Slowing economy means luxury good sales like video games will also slow down.

I posted my comment on Saturday........then the past 2 days I ended up selling a PS3 bundle and like 35 Budweiser steins. 29 to one guy. I guess I jynxed myself for the better!

fuck USPS. Guy said 8 outta 12 beer Steins arrived broken in his first box. Box 2 and 3 are still on the way. Each was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and the inside of the box was lined with thicker bubble wrap. I had 2 paperback books and a flimsy binder sitting on top.....

You would think each individually wrapped in bubble wrap with thicker bubble wrap around the inside of the box would be fine for something that went 25 miles away..... I figure when you have them stamp Fragile on the box it's just an invitation for bad.

Anyone use the app? There doesn't appear to be a delete option for the sold folder. I'm not sure why this keeps remembering stuff I've deleted from my history using the desktop site. It's kinda annoying seeing 75 sold items on the app when I only see 4 on my laptop.

Edit- I told this to Ebay help Twitter page and it was fixed not even a day later!

bread's done
Back