The Get Well Soon Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Thread: King OK, Going Home Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']I'm appalled at the lack of love for Lord Alfred Hayes.[/QUOTE]

He was an OK guy to take a pie to the face or whatever, but I don't think his commentary was much to get excited over. He and Sean Mooney were like their D-team for a while (usually for areas where house shows were broadcast on TV, or hot Coloseum Video "exclusives" like Hacksaw vs Skinner or Kamala vs a Beverly Brother. Some of those were pretty cringe-worthy. The commentary AND the match.

I'll give that Monsoon was OK when he was with Heenan. He was just generally pretty wretched when solo or with other announcers. I did like the Ventura/Monsoon team but I think that was at least partially because they were the Wrestlemania team and hearing them together made something seem special. I've heard some mid 80's Coloseum Video overdubs he's done that literally sound like he's in a closet and pumped full or horse tranquilizers. Oddly enough probably my favorite commentary job he's done is for one of the company's most storied matches (Hogan/Sheik). He actually sounds excited and sells everything as important.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm appalled at the lack of love for Lord Alfred Hayes.[/QUOTE]

"Promotional consideration paid for by the following."

I used to love Vince/Ventura on the old SNME. Anyone remember when Honky blasted Savage with the guitar after shoving Liz to the ground? I'll forever remember Ventura asking "And really, McMah-onn, what did Honky do that was so bad?"

Holy crap was JBL ever amazing. He made pretty much everything seem bigger than it was, and outside of some flubs with facts, I thought he was exactly as good as he was when he was full-time.

Full thoughts -
LOVED LOVED LOVED JBL on commentary. He was tremendous on SD years ago, played a huge part in putting MVP over, and I'm so happy to have him back for however long he is because he's worlds better than the usual boring WWE commentary. He has a distinct voice, passion, and makes everything he calls seem important. Rey and Sin Cara's gear looked God-awful tonight. JBL putting over Sin Cara as a former NJPW Jr. Heavyweight champion and giving some history on the title was something else. Miz and Cody had some wonky-looking stuff, and Miz looked flabby and pale next to Cody. Also loved JBL name-dropping AAA - even if he attributed Sin Cara to the promotion, that's still better than what Stanford would've done. He probably would've wondered why an auto club had a championship. I loved Miz winning how he did, largely because I think it makes him the king of the blindfold match, and him winning like this means maybe we'll never have to see that kind of match again.

Holy shit was the acting of Eve and Kaitlyn terrible. Truth for some reason, has gear that matched Sin Cara's white and baby blue gear. Loved how into the product JBL seemed even though he hasn't been a regular in a long time. With Booker, he didn't know who anyone was, but JBL knew what happened last week with Kane and Kofi - whether it was because he watched or was told, it doesn't really matter because he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Loved Kane pulling Bryan out leading to their wacky exchange, and Kofi's giant leap into the No Lock. Bryan's giant celebration made the tag titles seem important for the first time since the stupid penny belts were introduced.

Kinda odd to have Cole say that Bobo's U.S. title was the same one WWE recognizes. Not sure they've ever done that before. Loved JBL specifying which rugby leagues Antonio was kicked out of. The match itself was perfectly fine, but Antonio FINALLY felt like a star due to JBL putting him over so big. CW ad felt really out of place here. Enjoyed the wacky Alberto/Ricardo/Otunga skit. Not sure what kind of personal issue there is between Orton and Dolph that Cole's talking about. JBL and Cole talking about Bob Jr's broken arm ruled and it led to more tremendous interplay. I was blown away by hearing JBL about the amateur vs. professional training. It was right out of the AWA and ruled. "She'd inspire me to do better just so she wouldn't yell at me." - love JBL. Loved Dolph getting nearfalls and the finish was great. Right out of DDP's playback with the toss-up into the RKO. Dolph needs to win the title with JBL calling it - he'll seem like a huge deal if that happens. Layla-Eve was okay. Glad to see Eve get the title again. At least she has a personality, unlike Layla now. The Komen stuff is nice, but I've lost family members to cancer and could really do without seeing it brought up on a wrestling show.

Booker reinstating the Brogue Kick so quickly was stupid. They basically wasted three weeks of angles to not even advertise that Booker would reveal his findings tonight. No buildup to this at all. Sheamus' white, green, and gold getup is hideous. Night of Champions was the night of shit gear as well. Great commentary though. Match was fine, but this feud has really hurt both guys and killed Alberto. You can't have him even in the WHC hunt for a long, long time after this, nor can you put him in the WWE Title picture because they said weeks ago that this title was beneath that one, and...maybe he'll go for the IC or US belt.

Loved Heyman's pre-match promo - made the match seem like a big deal. Great back and forth match. I was surprised to see Punk break out the crossface for the first time I can recall. Heyman's reaction shots to things were glorious, as was JBL constantly saying that Punk was the best in the world because he'd not only held the title, but done so for 300 days. The moonsault spot was ugly. The form on the move wasn't great, and he landed nowhere near Cena anyway, was never going to hit since he aimed like a foot above Cena's head, and then Cena rolled TOWARDS THE CORNER, which would theoretically help Punk and not Cena anyway. Cena pulling off a SUPER GERMAN SUPLEX was something else. The Dusty finish kinda sucked, but will lead to some great promos from Punk and Heyman. Loved Cena asking for something and getting a belt shot to the skull. He should've been more specific with what he wanted.

Quotes -
JBL – A fatal 4 way is unfair to the champion who is awesome, the Miz.
JBL – I can't believe this young, handsom guy with muslces all over came from the loins of the hall of famer wearing polka dots.
JBL – Sin Cara a junior heavyweight champion in New Japan – same as Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, and a long lineage of champions in Mexico.
JBL – Rey was AAA Champion in Mexico long before Sin Cara was AAA Champion.
(as Cara tries to mask Miz)JBL – Is this even legal?
Cole – Of course it is.
JBL – WHADYA MEAN OF COURSE IT IS!?
JBL – HOW MANY MASKS TO THESE GUYS HAVE!?
Cole – Rey has over 100 in his collection.
JBL – How about Dr. Shelby does something about these people mocking this champion?!
JBL – LOOK AT THIS – HE'S GOT AN IMAGINARY FRIEND. WHO NEEDS TO GO TO DR. SHELBY NOW!?
Bryan – WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Kane – HE WAS GONNA KICK YOUR HEAD OFF!
Bryan – WHY'D YOU PULL ME OUT OF THE RING!?
Kane – HE WAS GONNA KICK YOUR HEAD OFF!
JBL – I'm not sure Dr. Shelby's shouldn't be sued for malpractice.
JBL – Ilike that the Frank Gotch Neutralizer is what he's using as his finisher.
JBL – Look at the strength – carrying him around like a sack of bread.
Cole – Randy's father the great hall of famer, Cowboy Bob Orton.
JBL – The Ace Cowboy. Despite the injury that he suffered that was so debilitating that he had to wear a cast for so long. Bob Orton still one of the best, a true hall of famer.
Cole – You really think he was hurt for so long?
JBL – What are you, a medical doctor? I'm sitting next to Dr. Cole now.
Cole – With you out here, I'll need Dr. Shelby in about a week.
JBL – She'd inspire me to do better just so she wouldn't yell at me.
JBL – Sheemus is an absolute beast!
Heyman – My name is Paul Heyman, and although I'm from NY, tonight, I'm like all of you here in Boston. I'm here to witness history. I'm here because tonight, I get the best seat in the house to witness YOUR REIGNING, DEFENDING WWE CHAMPION CM PUNK in his 302nd consective day as WWE Champion. I'm here to pay respect to the title and the champion, and pay homage to a man of such extraordinary character that he ponticates himself to be a PAUL HEYMAN GUY!
JBL – HE'S HELD THE TITLE THREE WEEKS LONGER THAN I HAVE. HE'S CARRYING THE COMPANY, AND HE'S THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
Cole – The self-professed best in the wordl.
JBL – He's held the title for 300 days – how does that not make you the best in the world?
JBL – HE COULD DEFEAT THE TEN TIME WWE CHAMP IN HIS HOMETOWN, HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE?!
Cole – Awkward moonsault by Punk.

Of all the nights to not post pictures..

I just want a gif/screencap of Punk with the crossface on looking intense and Cena looking like he's asleep.

I will respectfully disagree about Monsoon's commentary, I really loved him with both Ventura and Heenan. The way he bantered back and forth with Ventura and Heenan made for some all time moments for me. For me he's #2 right behind JR for play-by-play guys. Behind him are probably Joey Styles and Vince (I always feel like people underrate Vince's commentary, I always enjoyed him on the mic).

I didn't watch the ppv last night but I have been hearing good things about JBL. I always liked JBL both in the ring and on the mic, I wish he could be a permanent member of the commentary team. Was he playing it straight last night or was he kind of a heel on the mic? I always have preferred a face/heel dynamic on the commentary team, that's why I haven't like Cole and King for a while now, it's like they're both face commentators, makes for a really bland boring team imo.

[quote name='cgarb84']I didn't watch the ppv last night but I have been hearing good things about JBL. I always liked JBL both in the ring and on the mic, I wish he could be a permanent member of the commentary team. Was he playing it straight last night or was he kind of a heel on the mic? I always have preferred a face/heel dynamic on the commentary team, that's why I haven't like Cole and King for a while now, it's like they're both face commentators, makes for a really bland boring team imo.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your final comment because Cole has been a heel commentator for quite a while now, albeit a bad one. If anything, it was odd having Cole be the face commentator last night. JBL was playing it heel but still putting over the faces and giving the matches an air of importance, which a good commentator should do and Cole doesn't.

[quote name='Chase']Interesting that you made this comment. I actually thought about mentioning Ventura given the weakness of Monsoon's commentary. But yeah, I agree. Alone, Monsoon's commentary is nothing special—but combine him with Heenan, and that banter puts him in my top ten for "Best WWE Commentators."

I think Heenan is king, Ventura is second in command, and the shell of Joey Styles at third. JBL would be fourth with the shell of Paul Heyman at five. Matt Striker at six, Jim Ross at seven, Curt Hennig at eight, Jim Cornette at nine, and Gorilla Monsoon at ten.

In all of pro wrestling, a Joey Styles, Bobby Heenan, and Jesse Ventura broadcast team would be my dream team. And the WCW version of Mike Tenay is infinitely better than what he has become.[/QUOTE]

I am more disgusted by the total lack of RESPECT For the one and only Gordon Solie. Best stickman in the business. Guess all you kids never heard of him though.

[quote name='Spyder187']Wait.. 69.95 for that game back in the day? Holy crap, and people bitch about 60 dollar games in this generation......[/QUOTE]

Phantasy Star cost $79.99 on the Sega Master System...worth it.

[quote name='Genocidal']I don't understand your final comment because Cole has been a heel commentator for quite a while now, albeit a bad one. If anything, it was odd having Cole be the face commentator last night. JBL was playing it heel but still putting over the faces and giving the matches an air of importance, which a good commentator should do and Cole doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Cole has been much of a heel since his Cole-miner days. Now he's at best a tweener, only playing the part of the heel for a very few select guys (the Miz being the most obvious one). Plus the fact that he kind of sucks in general doesn't help matters. And while I'm not going to kick a man when he's down, everyone knows the King has been awful for years now. The commentary team really could use some fresh blood (and for the love of God I am not talking about Booker T or anyone like him.....whoosh). JBL would be an awesome permanent solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDbNwnu6J4

g5a1G.jpg

i15yhoiIveG8F.PNG

ihEQoAO2piTm7.PNG

(OtE is the 1998 version)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Haggar']Sunny was arrested 3 times in one week.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/0...ar-sunny-arrested-domestic-violence?hpt=hp_t3[/QUOTE]

Let me fire up the wayback machine for you, since it seems you have had trouble keeping up with the thread......

[quote name='Fatality']Former WWE Diva Tammy Sytch -- who wrestled under the name Sunny -- was arrested THREE times in THREE days ... each arrest for "crimes related to domestic violence" ... TMZ has learned.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/14/ex-wwe-diva-tammy-sytch-arrested-3-times-in-3-days/

ybl4w.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spyder187']Let me fire up the wayback machine for you, since it seems you have had trouble keeping up with the thread......[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm real sorry I only skimmed the last 4 pages of the thread, because CNN posted the article today. I should have been more thorough in my search of the thread. Hopefully I didn't ruin your day too much.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://via.me/-55x8bk8

Maybe you shouldn't wear basketball shoes to the ring, chowderhead.[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, a lot of people wear athletic shoes that aren't wrestling boots, whether is basketball shoes or cross trainers or something else. They're just usually covered by kick pads. I wonder how common rolls and sprains are for ankles in pro wrestling and if taping ankles or wearing athletic ankle braces really inhibits the performer's ability in any meaningful way. John Cena could really step up his merchandising with some Cenation Ankle Braces.

GOOD NEWS for Jerry "The King" Lawler ... the wrestling legend was just released from the hospital after suffering a heart attack last week ... TMZ has learned.

The WWE just released a statement to TMZ ... saying, "Jerry 'The King' Lawler has been released from a Montreal medical facility and will be heading home in the next several days.

Bobby Heenan told a story about being shot in the leg by someone in the crowd with a pellet gun and trying to no-sell it.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I piss myself every night at 5:30."

Clearly this show is so exciting that everyone is too amazed with this quality program to comment?

The Susan G Komen Foundation stuff is far too blatant in terms of it being a timely bit of philanthropy in order to make the company look family friendly and concerned about the community. It's an attempt to fight back, preemptively, against Chris Murphy or any other group that would use WWF/WWE footage to label the company as pro-violence and/or anti-woman. It's an easy opportunity to say "hey, look at the pink ring ropes, the ribbons on everybody, and look at our company man, John Cena! We're not anti-women! Aren't we wonderful?"

It's not as if the Komen Foundation is the best group to identify with after its scandal earlier this year anyway. Perhaps they're finally desperate enough that they'll accept a WWE sponsorship? Sure, sure, it's "Breast Cancer Awareness Month," but it's also 8 weeks until election day.

Also, the product placement with Subway isn't what I want to be doing on a Monday night.

Dolph Ziggler is a fucking phenom, though.

Real fun show that was greatly aided by the replacement announce team.

Full show thoughts -

Loved Punk's theme getting a huge pop...then Heyman came out and one guy chanted ECDub. Very surprised to see WWE bring up fans shooting video with camera phones and having it pulled off of youtube. Cena came out to salute the GIANT WWE LOGO with the Komen for the Cure logo next to it on the ramp. Wow. That was quite cornball. Alberto came out whining about wanting a rematch, and then AJ skipped out hotly in her shorts. She made a HOLLA HOLLA TAG MATCH for tonight. Loved Heyman marching after a skipping AJ.

NOC WAS THE MOST SOCIALLY ACTIVE TV SHOW ALL NIGHT! Love Cole's Long Live the King shirt...and then he put over WWE's AMAZING DOCTORS and how they saved his life. It's true, but the company comes off as someone classless for patting themselves on the back with this. I'm fine with them showing his Tout though. Loved JBL and JR coming out though. JBL brought up Sin Cara and Rey being CMLL champions...well, he's right about Sin Cara - not sure if he's right about it being a heavyweight title though. Loved him saying it was lucha versus WWC! Rey and Cara against the new Colons should be really good. The match was a bit short, but really fun. This show's going to fly by thanks to the announce team. Loved how JBL put the PTPs over after their attack on Rey and Cara. Titus did an awesome job on the mic. DY...absolutely sucked next to him.

WWE then did a Komen video and put themselves over for being wonderful. Miz gets his own talk show segment - Miz TV. Well, I'm surprised it's taken this long for that to happen. Eve and Beth did stuff for a couple minutes and Eve won with a schoolgirl. JBL and Layla had some amusing banter. It's a CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION OF SATURDAY MORNING SLAM...with no title matches. They replayed Brodus attacking Cesaro...oh no. I don't want to see that on Raw, or anywhere. Put it on Saturday Morning Slam so I don't have to see it. Thank God, Antonio's on commentary. Love JR saying Brodus is BODACIOUS. The commentary ruled. The match had moves. Brodus won with the splash. Loved JBL saying that Brodus needs to stop being a clown show and FOCUS ON WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Miz TV is better than the other shows, including that one with 'the rated R stuperstar". Booker, whose book is amazing and one of the few I was so compelled by that I read it in a mere two sittings, was cut off by Miz. Miz said a bunch of words. Many words. Rambling on and on about Booker being a has-been. This led to a boring chant, Booker taking the mic and bringing out Ryback. He threw a sofa out and the destroyed the set. Goddammit, I don't see Miz-Ryback being decent at all. JBL pointed out that this is happening over NOTHING. Maybe Miz knocked the Ryback's tray out of his hands in catering. They re-showed the King Tout and further plugged Tout with the graphic and slogan.

Loved Heyman asking Josh why he interrupted he and Punk if he was just going to say he was sorry ahead of time. Dolph looks a bit like Jeff Jarrett circa '99 with the silver shorts and black sleeveless shirt. LOLed at Cole correcting JBL for messing up Farmer Burns' name last night when he fucked up the Texas Tornado deal as well. Loved JBL mocking the cobra, but bringing up that Santino's a FORMER CANADIAN NATIONAL JUDO CHAMPION! Dolph did the cocky pin from Jericho and won after two Zig Zags, shockingly. JBL put the guy over as a million bucks once again. THE SHOW OFF IS TRENDING WORLDWIDE ON TWITTER!

They replayed Barrett's wacky promo from SD, and now Barrett's out for a match. He gets to destroy Gabriel. NEXUS POWERS EXPLODE! Can't believe they brought up THE CORRE. Loved JBL talking about Gabriel's family history and his father owning All Star Wrestling in Capetown. The match dragged, but was always entertaining due to the commentary and crowd chants. Cole called the ricochet elbow a punch...yeah no. Loved JBL putting him over as a future champion afterwards.

Truth had a wacky birthday party for SUBWAY, AND JARED FROM SUBWAY was there. Jared met with wacky guys, including Ryback, WHO DEMANDED TO BE FED MORE! Sandow's sandwich sounds great - maybe even better than the Swaggie. Kane and Bryan did their I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS deal backstage. This was goofy, but funny stuff. They showed King getting off of WWE's private plane in Memphis - that was fun to see. Loved Bryan freaking out at the fans without holding back now that he's got a title again. Love the Mickey Mouse Kane sign a fan made and a fan doing Kane's pyro rise and fall deal in the background. Loved JBL bringing up Slave Girl Moolah to counter Cole saying he was at least going into the '90s with his references. Bryan NOing Kane's tag request ruled. There's a Kevin Steen sign visible during Kane's beatdown on Kofi in the corner. JBL and JR had some great banter here and the match itself was pretty good. JBL's burial of Cole stating the obvious ruled. It was so great that Cole struggled to keep a straight face. Loved Bryan causing mayhem so he could get the win and keep his claim alive. Loved the champs going nutty with I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS signs in the background. Be a Star wackiness. Big Show is against bullying. For Christ's sake, they're replaying these things only because they were here six months ago. Oh boy, and they've got little kids here with Be a Star shirts on, and for some reason, this isn't happening during a break. BE A STAR AND BE A LEADER OF TOMORROW. Amazing.

Tensai-Orton II is next. Should be fun. JBL brought up Tensai being in New Japan. Tensai may not have won the "New Japan Cup" twice, but hell, in two days, we've heard NJPW, All Star Wrestling, AAA, and CMLL brought up thanks to him, so I can let it slide. Loved him bringing up Tensai being one-half of the longest-reigning IWGP Tag Team Champions. He sadly didn't bring up the nerve pinch being from Dr. Spock. Orton won after an RKO from a missed corner charge - this was fun, in part due to Orton getting stiffed and cursing, but also due to the action and commentary. WWE Superstars talked about breast cancer stats. I could really do without these, especially them bringing up the death stats given that I lost my mother to it three and a half years ago.

OTUNGA'S MATCHING SWEARTER AND THRMOS ARE BACK! Oh, and Punk and Del Rio don't like each other. Sandow teaching vocabulary rules. Then Ryder came out, sucked all the fun out of the room, and made a match between them. DIDN'T HE GET TIRED OF LOSING LAST NIGHT!? Ryder and Sandow did moves while JBL and Cole had amazing back and forth discussions about the vocab words Sandow said earlier. It was glorious. Sandow won. They came back for the main event and put over Cena as the guy behind the Komen ad campaign. Good for him if it's true, and good for the company giving breast cancer survivors tickets to the event. Loved Punk checking Heyman's watch to make sure it's clobbering time. Loved Punk holding the belt high with a BEST IN THE WORLD sign behind him. Can't believe that we got Heyman AND JBL on two shows back to back. Good times. Loved how Punk held the title up longer than many title matches. I loved the foot on the rope finish being done because it leads to a fine dispute from Heyman and Punk, and seems to set up Cena-Punk in the Cell where there won't be any dispute. Loved Heyman explaining the situation and the ref SHOCKINGLY not believing what Heyman said.

Screens -

The Ryback Moving Co.

#steen

Quotes -
Heyman – My name is Paul Heyman and last night, I felt like each and everyone of you – last night, I got to witness history. History in the most enormous fashion as I got to see CM Punk SUCCESFFULLY DEFEND THE WWE TITLE AGAINST JOHN CENA! The ending is embroiled of controversy, so in the interest of clarity, I've asked Mr. Chad Patton to come out right here in this very ring and defend his decision to the entire WWE audience. Mr. Patton, if you will please, sir. Mr. Patton, I thank you for coming out here and if you look up here, you'll see a still photo of the final moments of the match. Clearly, both mens' shoulders are down and you count them down 1-2-3. Everyone's been on your case, and everyone loves to be a critic – ESPECIALLY JOHN CENA. But you didn't make the wrong decision, you made the right decision, din't you?
Patton – Yes, I did.
Heyman – And Mr. Punk and I commend you on that decision. Here's more evidence on your behalf. A fan took video of it on what I believe is called a camera phone, and it was taken down – I'M SURE JOHN CENA HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THAT. But here's the footage. FOR THE 303RD DAY, CM PUNK IS WWE CHAMPION!
Cena – Chad Patton made the right call last night.
Crowd – Cena sucks.
Cena – See, they know about my technical skills – I can barely work my phone, let alone get video taken off of Youtube. Cena-Punk built up to a match of WM proportions. IS A DRAW HOW YOU WANTED THAT MATCH TO END? Paul, throughout Punk's career, he's feen fighting for respect. He retained in a tie – do you think he gained respect doing that?
Heyman – Since you value my opinion so much, I'll be happy to answer you in one word – yes.
Crowd – NO NO NO NO!
Cena – I think those nos are from Daniel Bryan.
Cena – I SAY TONIGHT WE RELIVE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS – I'M HERE, WE GOT A REF. ALL WE NEED IS CM PUNK AND WE DO THIS REMATCH RIGHT HERE TONIGHT.
Heyman – Uh, I'm sure CM Punk will be happy to tell you to your face about your challenge. He'll tell you to your face – when he gets here tonight. Hearing it from me is the same as CM Punk, because I'm the voice of the voice of the voiceless!
Cena – AND I WAS TRYING TO BE PATIENT WITH YOU! (Alberto comes out)
Alberto – Stop crying about last night. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE AND YOU LOST. On the other hand, I NEVER HAD A FAIR SHOT BY THE SD GM BOOKER T. THE BROGUE KICK WAS BANNED 2 WEEKS AGO AND SUDDENLY, IT WAS REINSTATED BEFORE MY TITLE MATCH!? Unlike you, I wasn't ready for my opponent at NoC – if anyone deserves a rematch, it's the man who never lies – Alberto Del Rio!
AJ – Speaking on behalf of Booker T, I'm going to combine the main events of last night to make a SUPER MAIN EVENT. Tonight, the WWE Champion will team up with Alberto to take on the team of Sheamus and John Cena. Who knows, the winner could go a great way in getting a rematch and who will be in it.
JBL – Bunch of cowboy hats at one table.
Cole – Good to have you out here, JR.
JR – What a job you did last week – I'm proud of ya.
JBL – Two former CMLL Heavyweight champions.
JBL – IT'S LUCHA VERSUS WWC!
Cole – JBL, look who's trending – JR and not JBL.
JBL – Must be the cowboy hat.
JR – SIN CARA AND REY HAVE NEVER BEEN BEATEN!
JBL - And they just beat two cousins who are also former WWE Tag Team Champions!
Titus – EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS THAT WE'RE THE LEGIT NO. 1 CONTENDERS FOR THE WWE TAG TEAM TITLES AND IT WAS TAKEN FROM US. DON'T WORRY – WE'RE GONNA DO THE TAKING NOW!
(to Layla)JBL – JUST ADMIT THAT YOU LOST BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO SHAKE HER HAND IN A TITLE MATCH! ENOUGH WITH THE SOUR GRAPES!
JBL - JR, JOIN 'EM! You've got a black hat – it looks like a black straw hat for some reason.
J.R. - I think that would set TV back 30-40 minutes. THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON BRODUS CLAY – HE'S BODACIOUS, GENTLEMEN!
JBL – BODACIOUS!? Isn't that a bull?
JR – Exactly.
Cole – What do you think of Brodus Clay?
JBL – He looks like a Justin Beiber sea monster.
JR – I bet Brodus could put away some BBQ sauce.
JBL – I bet he could eat Heath Slater.
JR – Look at the smiles on the kids' faces – it's a memory that'll last a lifetime.
JBL – You want a memory? WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!
Miz – What do you get an IC Champion who has everything? A man who beat the odds – I'll tell you what you get him. Something that befits a man of his own talents – you get him his very own talk show. MIZFITS AND MIZTAKES, WELCOME TO THE MOST MUST-SEE TALK SHOW IN WWE HISTORY – MIZ TV! When you consider shows like Piper's Pit, the Cutting Edge, the Highlight Reel, they were missing one thing to make them great. Piper, Jericho, and THE RATED R STUPERSTAR WERE NEVER AS CONTROVERSIAL NEVER WERE AS AWESOME AS ME!
Cole – A special Raw EVERY WEEK!
Crowd – BOOKER T!
Miz – Your time is over, isn't it?
Crowd – BORING!
Booker – That was interesting. You like to talk – a lot. But right now, it's time for you to get a new guest for ya show. A superstar who's used to defeating multiple challengers at one time.
Crowd – GOLDBERG! (Ryback comes out)
JBL – SOMEONE SEDATE RYBACK!
Josh – I didn't mean to interrupt.
Heyman – Then why'd you interrupt?
JBL – She's a coach – best coach since Farmer Burns.
Cole – AT LEAST YOU GOT IT RIGHT TONIGHT!
JBL – Santino, for all this ridiculousness, is a two-time former IC Champion, former US Champion, and Canadian National Judo Champion.
JR – I didn't know Vickie was a snake-handler. She's got the cobra in her hand right now.
Cole – Dolph is ternding worldwide.
JBL – AND HE'LL BE TRENDING MORE WHEN HE'S WORLD CHAMPION!
JR – Think of the UK lineage – British Bulldog, Billy Robinson, William Regal!
JBL – Second generation wrestler and three time former tag team champion, Justin Gabriel.
JBL – Gabriel's father owned All Star Wrestling in Capetown.
Crowd – WE WANT NEXUS!
JBL – THAT WOULDA KNOCKED OUT A HORSE! THIS GUY'S GOT CHAMPION WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM!
Sandow – THE DAMIEN SANDOW! A cornish game hen served on lightly toasted fresh bread.
JBL – They're the oddest couple since Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett.
Cole – At least you're in the '90s now and not the '60s.
JBL – How about the Sheik and Slave Girl Moolah?
JBL – Dr. Shelby's doing a heck of a job. QUACK!
JR – This is a unique team.
JBL – UNIQUE!? IT'S TWO CAR WRECKS IN ONE GARAGE!
Cole – Great teamwork from the challengers.
JBL – ONE TEAM'S GOT A COUNSELOR, THE OTHER HAD A FIVE MONTH LONG TAG TITEL REIGN. I'M BEGGING YA TO STATE SOMETHING OBVIOUS!
Crowd – HUG IT OUT!
Cole – This is anger management.
JBL – IT'S NAUSEATING!
JBL – Ya didn't see Faarooq and I hugging. YOU CALL THIS NORMAL!?
JR – It's called Monday Night Raw.
JBL – How Dr. Shelby hasn't been sued for malpractice is beyond me.
JBL – Tensai played American football and used a warsh tub as a helmet!
JBL – Tensai – former two-time New Japan Cup champion. Only foreigner to ever do that.
JBL – THE LONGEST REIGNINING IWGP JAPAN TAG TEAM CHAMPION IN TENSAI!
Damien – THE SEASON OF SLOTH HAS COME TO AN END, WHICH MEANS WE COME AT THE DAWN TO MY FAVORITE SEASON – BACK TO SCHOOL. AS YOUR INTELLECTUAL SAVIOR AND MARTYRE, I FEEL OBLIGATED TO PREPARE YOU FOR IT SINCE NO ONE IN WWE UNIVERSE IS PREPARING YOU FOR IT. MR. ROSS, SLOBBERKNOCKER IS NOT A WORD!
JBL – True.
Damiem – TEMARITY – HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE TAMARITY TO QUESTION ANYTHING I SAY. WORD NUMBER 2 – IGNORAMUS – THE WWE HAS AN IGNORAMUS AT EVERY CORNER. MISCREANT – AS IN YOU ARE ALL MISCREANTS. PLEASE REMAIN SILENT WHILE I AM SPEAKING. WE HAVE A LOT TO GET THROUGH. I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU HALF-WITS, PLEASE REMAIN SILENT!
Ryder – Sorry to interrupt your vocabulary lesson, PROFESSOR BUZZKILL!
Cole – Ryder, the WOO WOO WOO KID!
JBL – Where does that work in a sentence.
JBL – Like FDR. It works WHEN IT'S BIG!
Cole – You're JBL and your twitter is JCLayfield. Still trying to figure that out.
JBL – So is Lady Gaga.
JR – If ya got Lady Gaga in the pool for Raw, you're the winner tonight.
Cole – He taught us big words like temarity.
JBL – TEMARITY'S A BIG WORD!? WHERE'D YOU GO TO SCHOOL!
Cole – Syracuse.
JBL – Ignoramus is a word you should know.
JBL - SYLLABLES DON'T DICTATE HARD WORDS!
JBL – EXPLAIN TO HIM IN YOUR BOOMER SOONER WAY THAT THESE AREN'T BIG WORDS. ACTUALLY, IN OKLAHOMA, THEY MAY BE – I'M NOT SURE OF THAT!
JBL – WIN MATCHES AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS! THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!
JBL – He's a hot-dog.
Cole - You thnk Ryder's a hot dog?
JBL - Yes.
Cole – And that's coming from one of the biggest hot dogs in the modern era.
JBL – AND ONE OF THE LONGEST-REIGNING WWE CHAMPIONS. I SHOULD HOT DOG!
JBL – He had the tamarity to win.
JBL – I'm not gonna say anything about that cartwheel, Cole.
JBL – Much respect for John Cena – this whole campaign was his idea.
JBL – HE'S RICH AND HE'S HANDSOME – HE REMINDS ME OF SOMEBDOY!
Heyman – BEST IN THE WORLD. THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD PULL THAT OFF IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
JBL – See how great ADR and CM Punk are!
Punk – MY FOOT WAS ON THE ROPES!

Tonight on Raw as Ryback was tossing everything out of the ring during Miz TV, he tossed a live ring mic into the crowd. A fan grabbed it and began yelling “Goldberg! Goldberg!” into the mic, with the comments going out over the sound system live. WWE’s ring crew chased the fan down and took the mic away. No word as to whether they ejected the fan from Bridgeport, CT.

Reading the results, this is the only part of Raw that I'm sad I missed.

:lol: That's the most entertaining thing I've read about WWE in over a year. I don't know why they would be upset about it. Isn't WWE always wanting people to run with the ball? I say kudos, young man, kudos.

Entertainment!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Reading the results, this is the only part of Raw that I'm sad I missed.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I guess I'll have to download and watch some of RAW.

[quote name='mykevermin']The Susan G Komen Foundation stuff is far too blatant in terms of it being a timely bit of philanthropy in order to make the company look family friendly and concerned about the community. It's an attempt to fight back, preemptively, against Chris Murphy or any other group that would use WWF/WWE footage to label the company as pro-violence and/or anti-woman.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding.

7jDgk.jpg

And, seriously, fuck the McMahons. Their delusions of grandeur have made their product difficult to stomach. Sometimes, big dreams don't come true, and one must value the establishments they have already laid.

[quote name='Number83']Phantasy Star cost $79.99 on the Sega Master System...worth it.[/QUOTE]

Phantasy Star 4 on Genesis was $100.

WWE.com has learned John Cena had surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow today. Dr. Andrews removed several pieces of bone cartilage from Cena's elbow through a scope. A surgery like this will take four to six weeks to recover.
As more information comes available, WWE.com will inform the WWE Universe.

What ever will they do now?

The thing I like about Ziggler's shirt is that it doesn't scream WWE. It's unique in terms of wrestling merchandise as well.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The next PPV is just under six weeks away. I doubt they'll need to change the main event.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I am still on the 14 ppvs a year Hell in the Cell is only 3 weeks away schedule.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://shop.wwe.com/Dolph-Ziggler-S...k&start=1&cgid=superstar-current-dolphziggler

Dolph Ziggler's pink t-shirt is on sale for $15. I'm kinda tempted, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch Raw, but I saw someone speculate that, because Ziggler had on a black Show Off shirt and Sandow wore purple tights, WWE wanted to shift the pink focus to Cena. Maybe that's why the pink Ziggler shirt is on clearance? Makes sense, I guess.

http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/wwe-is-getting-a-digital-scrubbing/

The full statement by Brian Flinn, WWE senior vice president for marketing and communication, is after the jump.

“For years WWE has produced programming that is rated PG in primetime, and most recently rated G on Saturday mornings. To better reflect our current family-friendly brand of entertainment, WWE is removing some dated and edgier footage from digital platforms. Some of this footage has been misused in political environments without any context or explanation as to when it was produced. This damages the corporate reputation of our company. WWE is well within its rights to protect its intellectual property for fair use.”

:roll:

It's clear that the only way to enjoy WWE programming, classic or current, is to make sure Linda is not elected to the Senate.

did i really just type that?

[quote name='mykevermin']It's clear that the only way to enjoy WWE programming, classic or current, is to make sure Linda is not elected to the Senate.

did i really just type that?[/QUOTE]
Good or bad, I think it's pretty obvious that McMahon running for office is affecting TV programming to fit the needs of her political platform. Even if she won though, it wouldn't actually mean that any of those restrictions on programming would be lifted or that better storylines would emerge or things would get better (if you find today's programming insulting and moronic).

I'm not sure how much money they're losing on all this political business because I'm not sure whether they're getting political contributions from people or corporations outside of the WWE, but it may be better business sense to just stop with the politics altogether.

They can censor and remove videos, but from a fan's perspective, I don't think it's possible to distance or change the perception of Linda from past WWE programming and her involvement in the older smuttier storylines in her time on WWE TV.

$100-130 million of personal funds across two campaign cycles. They have to disclose that stuff, so that's where that dollar figure comes from.

If she is elected, that means in 6 years she'll have to campaign for re-election - therefore, the product must remain as sterile as possible in the interim.

If she loses, she's not going to run again (she's already said as much, I believe). So then they'll get right back into the smut peddlin' business.

THQ already said they blurred Steve Austin's middle fingers in WWE '13, and they changed Billy Gunn's tights (but not his entrance video...yet). They better not fuck with the WWF Attitude Era Blu-Ray.

I am SO lost. WWE keeps trying to sell us things that remind us of "the good old days" but now they censor everything and act like 50% or more never existed because Linda is running for Senate? Are you fucking kidding me? Guarantee you she wouldn't know what to do if she ever won (which I don't see happening)...it's like watching a dog chase a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back