The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TMNT cab with riser is still going in and out of stock on Walmart's website.  I was just able to get a pre-order in!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/355692464

It's strange, though, as Arcade1Up said on Twitter that there wouldn't be a pre-order available for this cab, and now that there is, they haven't posted anything about the pre-orders on their social media channels.

Also, they said on Twitter that this cab would be released in October, but the Walmart.com page says that it won't ship until November 18, so something weird is going on here...

I have been dying to get Final Fight but when it was delayed I got Street Fighter II.

Do you guys think the Final Fight cab will drop? I am hoping for a Black Friday deal on it.

I have been dying to get Final Fight but when it was delayed I got Street Fighter II.

Do you guys think the Final Fight cab will drop? I am hoping for a Black Friday deal on it.
On the website, probably not. You might get lucky if a nearby store puts it on clearance though but thats YMMV

Just a heads up:  Arcade1Up said on their Instagram that the TMNT hasn't been finalized and are unaware of what Wal*Mart is doing, saying it's out of their control.  Hopefully, this is just Wal*Mart getting numbers for distribution and that everyone who was able to order from them will be getting one.

Arcade1up's online store has absolutely insane shipping costs. Here's what it looks like for me (excluding taxes) based on their current "sale" prices:

PCB:                   $30 + $12 ship each, 2 for $24) = net price of $42 per PCB

Control Deck:       $26 + $20 ship each, 2 for $40) = net price of $46 per control deck

Overlay:                 $12.50 + $12 ship (regardless of how many you buy...at least up to 6) = $24.50 for first overlay, $12.50 for each additional overlay

LCD:                      $112.50 +  $20 (ship each, 2 for $40) = $132.50 per LCD (which I believe includes the frame, LCD plexiglass artwork and possibly PCB)

Having different items  items in your cart adds the above shipping amounts, so beyond charging an insane amount for shipping, they act as if each item will always ship separately and at full price rather than putting multiple items in one box. 

So while a full new control deck for $26 is a pretty solid deal (even if the controls are nothing special, having the deck and artwork for $26 isn't a bad deal at all), having to pay an additional $20 for shipping each control tanks the deal completely. 

That said, last week I was looking at their online store to buy a Street Fighter, Rampage and Atari 12-in-1 control deck to replace the decks that came with my Asteroids and Centipede machines and plan to use for RetroPie machines. For some reason when I went to check the prices, the shipping showed up as $1 for each control deck.I bought one of each just in case it was a temporary glitch in their system that provided "almost free" shipping. Sure enough, the shipping prices went back up and I was thinking they might cancel my order from early last week, but I was happy to see (after a few emails asking when my order would ship), that they've shipped all but one of the control decks I ordered. 

And while I know the free deck protectors/overlays for the Gen 1 cabinets are no longer being offered, I'm still hoping they will give me some sort of discount on them since the art on the Gen 1 control decks almost disintegrates with moderate usage by anyone with mildly sweaty hands (like all of my kids). 

Overall, I'm loving my Arcade1Up cabinets, and since I plan on converting them to RetroPie machines, replacing the controls with better quality gear and customizing the control layout (adding stuff to the new control decks I bought), I don't really need to buy anything else from their online store (except maybe the deck protectors). But for those people that want to covert their machine from one game config to another by buying the control decks and PCBs, these shipping prices really put a damper on those plans.

Arcade1Up is launching some new products, from TGS

Counter Top arcade, a wall mount arcade form factor, and cocktail cabinets

also King of Fighters cabinet and a Burger Time / Karate Champ cabinet (I think this one had previously been announced at some point but had been pulled from their site, was originally Karate Champ themed but now Burger Time is the prominent title)

https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/news/4006

edit: the cocktail cabs may have already been announced, dont' think the standup ones had

tgs2019_item02.jpg

tgs2019_item01.jpg

tgs2019_item03.jpg

tgs2019_item04.jpg

tgs2019_item05.jpg

tgs2019_item06.jpg

tgs2019_item07.jpg

If it was $200 id buy it, i cant afford that for a single game though id love it, especially if we get drunk smoke and have the old high school friends back over....that would be a cool $200....aside from that id be a weirdo standing in my basement playing TMNT lol

Four controllers on the Burgertime cabinet? I don't recognize any of those games as having 4 players.

Haven't heard Track & Field announced, but it is on Gamestop for a March 20 release!

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/arcade/products/track-and-field-arcade-machine/11096188.html
I think that's a 1/4 scale arcade cabinet based on this Pac-man listing from Rubber Road: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/arcade/products/pac-man-1-4-scale-arcade-cabinet/10169013.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCfcLuD8bW8

That snk cab is interesting. I personally have zero interest in it- but if an Neo Geo cabinet sports cabinet was released with Baseball Stars 2, League Bowling, Neo Turf Masters, and a Sidekicks soccer game- O MY.

Love the "Real Arcade Controls" on the Space Invaders cabinet - then it has a joystick for movement.  Space Invaders in the arcade controlled with left and right buttons, not a joystick ... :)

I much prefer the Burgertime cabinet to the Karate Champ design.  It has much more character, which is what you are going for here.  The original Karate Champ arcade cabinet was pretty bland after all.  Unfortunately that also means it takes the vertical monitor resolution, but the three other games are horizontal orientation so that's not great.  I think in the end, if I were making the pick I would have made the cabinet themed on Bad Dudes to have a horizontal monitor, that cabinet was pretty nice but it has a curved marquee which is probably tougher to package in a compact form for shipping.  As I recall, I think Caveman Ninja was a conversion kit, so it wouldn't look as great since they were made to fit in a wide variety of cabinets and did not have full graphics on the sides.

Arcade 1 up is apparently saying the KOF announcement was a mistake? Idk, the image is still on their server and banned with TGS in it, maybe they didn't fully lock the license in before the show and had already scheduled posting it on the site expecting to

From what I read, it was like you said- a mistake, that the image shouldn’t have been posted and that the license wasn’t locked down. Was just a mock-up.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Love the "Real Arcade Controls" on the Space Invaders cabinet - then it has a joystick for movement. Space Invaders in the arcade controlled with left and right buttons, not a joystick ... :)

I much prefer the Burgertime cabinet to the Karate Champ design. It has much more character, which is what you are going for here. The original Karate Champ arcade cabinet was pretty bland after all. Unfortunately that also means it takes the vertical monitor resolution, but the three other games are horizontal orientation so that's not great. I think in the end, if I were making the pick I would have made the cabinet themed on Bad Dudes to have a horizontal monitor, that cabinet was pretty nice but it has a curved marquee which is probably tougher to package in a compact form for shipping. As I recall, I think Caveman Ninja was a conversion kit, so it wouldn't look as great since they were made to fit in a wide variety of cabinets and did not have full graphics on the sides.
The Japanese versions had a stick as did the cabaret and cocktail versions. IIRC, the buttons were exclusive to Midway’s US cabinet.

Agreed on Burgertime. That’s a classic cab.

Arcade1Up has confirmed on Twitter that the seemingly random TMNT cab pre-orders on Walmart.com last week were a "test of the Wal-mart pre-order system" and they "don't know why they were testing it or if it will be back."  They just said to keep checking Walmart.com for a pre-order, but if it doesn't come back, the cab will be "widely available" in Walmart stores in November.

https://twitter.com/arcade_1up/status/1168754292519399424

https://twitter.com/arcade_1up/status/1168755157091287040

https://twitter.com/arcade_1up/status/1168755490832019456

The deal is great, I just already have the Star Wars one on order, and I just can't bring myself to spend more than $150 on another one. Would love to mod it, play with it for a week or so and then set it in the corner of the room and never touch it again. 

ugh... $150 was my impulse buy limit... but at less than $40 more, I caved.  Worst part is that I plan to mod it from the get go.

I ordered Street Fighter. I already preordered Marvel Super Heroes, but Street Fighter will end up being my first mini cabinet.

Saw Golden Tee (with included custom riser) in store for the first time in the main aisle with other 1up units and a big sign showing $299...scanned for $399.  

Okay so I have had my eyes set on Final Fight since day 1 of Arcade1up. I was devastated that it was delayed and went for Street Fighter II. Now that Black Friday is coming up...

Is anyone familiar with Walmart layaway? If a deal comes up black friday for Arcade1up will they adjust my price?

Okay so I have had my eyes set on Final Fight since day 1 of Arcade1up. I was devastated that it was delayed and went for Street Fighter II. Now that Black Friday is coming up...

Is anyone familiar with Walmart layaway? If a deal comes up black friday for Arcade1up will they adjust my price?
Haven't personally done the layaway for the arcade1ups but I'm pretty sure most stores wouldn't allow you to price adjust a layaway item for a black Friday price.

Side note, does anyone remember when the "street fighter" machine was suppose to be a "capcom" machine? How awesome would THAT have been instead!!! Instead, they opted to do 2 separate machines

Haven't personally done the layaway for the arcade1ups but I'm pretty sure most stores wouldn't allow you to price adjust a layaway item for a black Friday price.

Side note, does anyone remember when the "street fighter" machine was suppose to be a "capcom" machine? How awesome would THAT have been instead!!! Instead, they opted to do 2 separate machines
I mean the Final Fight cabinet is a Capcom machine. Makes sense Street Fighter II sold on it's own, as much as I love SF2 that is the one of the worst cabinets when it comes to bang for your buck. Would love to get the Final Fight cabinet for $150 or less though.

I mean the Final Fight cabinet is a Capcom machine. Makes sense Street Fighter II sold on it's own, as much as I love SF2 that is the one of the worst cabinets when it comes to bang for your buck. Would love to get the Final Fight cabinet for $150 or less though.
What makes SF a bad cabinet?

What makes SF a bad cabinet?
If I had to guess, it's because the FF cab has 4 different games, vs the SF cab's 3 versions of SF2.
I wouldn't say it's a bad cabinet. It just doesn't offer the variety of the other cabinets. The Final Fight cabinet imo has the best overall line-up of any of the current crop of Arcade1Up cabinets. With Street Fighter 2, Championship Edition is the best version there and I can't imagine people are spending much time playing the other versions on the cabinet. I'd have preferred the Street Fighter cabinet to include SF2 CE and two other Capcom fighters like a Darkstalkers game and something like Third Strike, really a lot to choose from though.

Something I'd also like to see is a Capcom cabinet that includes Power Stone and some more obscure Capcom arcade games. There are so many amazing games from Capcom that haven't been ported much or at all.

The other thing with Street Fighter 2 is that most of us who'd be into buying that cabinet likely have various versions of the games already on a number of platforms considering how many times they've been released in collections and across various consoles over the years.

I see, I guess I'm looking at the SFII cabinet's 6 button layout and rating that highly in case I ever want to throw a raspberry pi in there or something. Definitely one of the more versatile button layouts if you expand the games inside but I see your point of value for the base, unmodified cabinet.

I wouldn't say it's a bad cabinet. It just doesn't offer the variety of the other cabinets. The Final Fight cabinet imo has the best overall line-up of any of the current crop of Arcade1Up cabinets. With Street Fighter 2, Championship Edition is the best version there and I can't imagine people are spending much time playing the other versions on the cabinet. I'd have preferred the Street Fighter cabinet to include SF2 CE and two other Capcom fighters like a Darkstalkers game and something like Third Strike, really a lot to choose from though.

Something I'd also like to see is a Capcom cabinet that includes Power Stone and some more obscure Capcom arcade games. There are so many amazing games from Capcom that haven't been ported much or at all.

The other thing with Street Fighter 2 is that most of us who'd be into buying that cabinet likely have various versions of the games already on a number of platforms considering how many times they've been released in collections and across various consoles over the years.
IF the SF cab included SF1, 2 version of 2 and a version of 3 then I would have bought it day 1 at full MSRP. But, I do own 2 actual cabs (1 with an MVS unit and another with a generic setup for a few boards I have) so the sf2 cab fell into toy category and $300 was a no go for me. At $187, considering I plan to mod it and priced versus a full cab, I was hesitant but did ultimately pull the trigger. Now the mods begin.

Keep checking Brickseek & the Walmart app. My store just dropped all their Arcade1UP games to $150 (Not including Golden Tee). I grabbed a Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Rampage & Pac-Man yesterday to go with the (3) games I already had (Galaga, Centipede & Street Fighter).

I got a Asteroids machine and ended up having a CP made by 99 Lives and doing a Pi setup. They do really amazing work if anyone is interested, but the wait can take a bit.

When I first got my A1up what feels like forever ago the wooden dowels were missing and the sticker on the monitor left some lines on the screen. I contacted A1up then and they sent me the dowels after about a week or so, and I’ve been living with the monitor, because it’s not really visible when the monitor is on. Well I just got a shipping confirmation for a new monitor, so I’m considering grabbing a 2nd Pi and doing a coffee table setup. It’s a final fight monitor, it looks like from the shipping notification with a separate asteroids border

Keep checking Brickseek & the Walmart app. My store just dropped all their Arcade1UP games to $150 (Not including Golden Tee). I grabbed a Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Rampage & Pac-Man yesterday to go with the (3) games I already had (Galaga, Centipede & Street Fighter).
Sigh. We have different stores.

Sigh. We have different stores.
Keep checking. Im on several Arcade1up facebook groups and seen people posting here & there about stores marking them down especially with Black Friday coming up. So I would check daily at my stores. Only 1 store out of about 10 or so in my area marked down so far. But just keep checking. Mine got marked down yesterday. My store brought a giant pile they must have had in the back to the front of the store.

Wonder if there will just be an across the board BF sale on these. Only one I want is the TMNT with riser, but not willing to pay $400 lol.

Wonder if there will just be an across the board BF sale on these. Only one I want is the TMNT with riser, but not willing to pay $400 lol.
I am in the same boat. I really want an Arcade 1Up, but I only have room for one or two of them in my Game Room so I want to get ones that I will actually put some time into playing and those so far are the Final Fight, Marvel, and to a lesser extent the TMNT cabinets. I feel like Final Fight and Marvel have the best variety of quality games on them. TMNT is great, but it is just two games that I have multiple ways to play already. I don't have any of the games in the Marvel cabinet at this point and Final Fight is the only game I believe I own out of that cab.

That being said I couldn't spend more than $150 for most of these, but would easily buy Marvel for $200 or less if it were to go on sale for BF.

I am in the same boat. I really want an Arcade 1Up, but I only have room for one or two of them in my Game Room so I want to get ones that I will actually put some time into playing and those so far are the Final Fight, Marvel, and to a lesser extent the TMNT cabinets. I feel like Final Fight and Marvel have the best variety of quality games on them. TMNT is great, but it is just two games that I have multiple ways to play already. I don't have any of the games in the Marvel cabinet at this point and Final Fight is the only game I believe I own out of that cab.

That being said I couldn't spend more than $150 for most of these, but would easily buy Marvel for $200 or less if it were to go on sale for BF.
Welcome to the club, fellas.

Has anyone who's ordered the Marvel cabinet from GameStop had theirs shipped out yet?  I see on the product listing that it says it's in-stock and ships within 24 hours.  When I check my order status, however, it says that they're still awaiting a shipping date.

bread's done
Back