The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
TMNT cabinets are now out at select Walmart's and slowly rolling out nation wide. I plan to stop at a couple tomorrow and see if they got one in. They're expensive but it's the only cabinet I want.

Not sure if the Star Wars arcade machines have been selling out at other retailers, but I noticed Best Buy finally put it up for preorder recently.  Pretty sure it was listed as "Coming Soon" for a while, and couldn't be ordered.

Anyone else notice Walmart is going back to full price for all the Arcade1up items? My one local store marked all their games to $150 (Except Golden Tee) a couple weeks ago. They raised all of them back to $300 now. One store had the risers for $11 but out of stock. They are now full price but back in stock. Another store that had the risers for $11 is also full price. I was hoping for some more risers. I grabbed 3 for $11 each but need 4 more now

Also side note. Seen TMNT I wouldnt mind getting it but not paying $400. But I see people are buying them and trying to sell them for $800-$1000... WTF

Anyone else notice Walmart is going back to full price for all the Arcade1up items? My one local store marked all their games to $150 (Except Golden Tee) a couple weeks ago. They raised all of them back to $300 now. One store had the risers for $11 but out of stock. They are now full price but back in stock. Another store that had the risers for $11 is also full price. I was hoping for some more risers. I grabbed 3 for $11 each but need 4 more now

Also side note. Seen TMNT I wouldnt mind getting it but not paying $400. But I see people are buying them and trying to sell them for $800-$1000... WTF
Tis' the Holiday season. I noticed my local Costco started to carry more cabinets and had Mortal Kombat and Pac-Man (w/ light up marque!) both were priced at $350 with riser. Previously Costco had the Astroids Deluxe cabinet for $150 last time I saw it there about a month ago.

I've seen a few of these priced in my range, but they've always unfortunately been either Street Fighter or Astroids. Only ones I am interested in owning currently are Final Fight, Marvel, and TMNT but wouldn't pay more than $200 for any of them. Really holding out for a solid deal on Final Fight. Doubt I will see Marvel or TMNT for less than MSRP anytime soon.

Tis' the Holiday season. I noticed my local Costco started to carry more cabinets and had Mortal Kombat and Pac-Man (w/ light up marque!) both were priced at $350 with riser. Previously Costco had the Astroids Deluxe cabinet for $150 last time I saw it there about a month ago.

I've seen a few of these priced in my range, but they've always unfortunately been either Street Fighter or Astroids. Only ones I am interested in owning currently are Final Fight, Marvel, and TMNT but wouldn't pay more than $200 for any of them. Really holding out for a solid deal on Final Fight. Doubt I will see Marvel or TMNT for less than MSRP anytime soon.
I've always wondered in the back of my mind if these were limited runs, with how they get tossed to clearance at WM so easily. I want need TMNT at some point but want it on sale. As long as they keep making them, I'll wait but I don't want to get caught in a collector's aftermarket fiasco.

I noticed that my Walmart.com order for the TMNT cabinet cancelled the original SKU (355692464) and added it back under a different SKU (875700648).   Still has an 11/25 date and the new SKU goes to an error page and brings up nothing via Brickseek.

Checked my local Walmart today and saw that they had 4 Marvel cabinets. I was in a rush so I couldn’t check the price. These are suppose to come out around the same time as the TMNT cabs right?

I noticed that my Walmart.com order for the TMNT cabinet cancelled the original SKU (355692464) and added it back under a different SKU (875700648). Still has an 11/25 date and the new SKU goes to an error page and brings up nothing via Brickseek.
This happened to me too! I got a little nervous when it listed the cab under “Cancelled Item,” but it is then listed again as part of the order. Hopefully I’ll be able to find it in person long before this order supposedly ships on 11/22, though!

Just saw the TMNT cab at my local walmart....circled it 5 times wondering if I should get this or finish modding my SF cab... ultimately I didn't, but that walmart is 5 minutes away. maybe I'll put it in layaway.

Anyone have the UPC front he TMNT cabinet? The new ski that was listed above doesn’t pull up anything in brickseek and the old ski shows in brickseek but doesn’t show any stock anywhere in the country. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone who has seen the TMNT cabs in store mind posting where in the country you're seeing these?  I am not sure I trust my Wal-Marts to even put them out on the floor.  The one I'd think is most likely to get them in first has the Arcade1Up section fully stocked.  Unless there is some direction to put these out on the floor (or if they are stacking them in the middle of an aisle somewhere), I can see them hanging out in the back for a while.

Anyone who has seen the TMNT cabs in store mind posting where in the country you're seeing these? I am not sure I trust my Wal-Marts to even put them out on the floor. The one I'd think is most likely to get them in first has the Arcade1Up section fully stocked. Unless there is some direction to put these out on the floor (or if they are stacking them in the middle of an aisle somewhere), I can see them hanging out in the back for a while.
There were 4 of the TMNT and 1 Marvel at my Walmart in Sequim WA.

LMAO at the people all hunched over even after riser except for the one chick in front that's probably 5'4. One guy even looks nearsighted the way he's looking at the screen. Ugh, I'd only get this for $200 or less for sure. Can't imagine trying to play this for more than 15 mins without my back killing me.
My brother's father in law has a couple of them. He has stools to play them. I have never had any issues. I understand they're not for everyone but even for a collector standpoint they're pretty sweet.

LMAO at the people all hunched over even after riser except for the one chick in front that's probably 5'4. One guy even looks nearsighted the way he's looking at the screen. Ugh, I'd only get this for $200 or less for sure. Can't imagine trying to play this for more than 15 mins without my back killing me.
There's never been much replay value in those 4-player beat 'em ups anyway. Sure, they're iconic and everyone loves them, but it's not something you'd play daily. It's just a fun, pricey novelty.

was at new york comic con over this weekend. probably the largest con on this coast. Arcade 1up was there with a massive section. They had multiples of every cabinet there including 6 tmnt ones. They had them for sale there as well so expect the east coast to be flooded with them at Walmarts now.

They also had several bar table tops. The Pacman one & a 10?/12? game Capcom one.
The mini counter top ones were also there.

The Capcom bar table had Darkstarkers 1 on it which isn't on any other cabinet so far. Fighting games splits the screen & mirrors the game.

BTW: i Posted this a day ago but accidentally in the wrong thread lol

This was at pawn shop the other day

image0.jpg

I saw someone on reddit has picked up the Pac-Man cocktail table.  I so shouldn't get that (if it had Ms. Pac-Man, it would have been ordered).  But, I went to finally pull the trigger on their Pac-Man adjustable stools and noticed they are out of stock at Wal-Mart/Best Buy.  Weird timing.  

I saw someone on reddit has picked up the Pac-Man cocktail table. I so shouldn't get that (if it had Ms. Pac-Man, it would have been ordered). But, I went to finally pull the trigger on their Pac-Man adjustable stools and noticed they are out of stock at Wal-Mart/Best Buy. Weird timing.
It's a sign.

LMAO at you being a Negative Nancy. Don't buy it then. I have two cabs with the risers. I'm 6'2" and don't have any issues.

These things are fun to have. Period.

LMAO at you being a Negative Nancy. Don't buy it then. I have two cabs with the risers. I'm 6'2" and don't have any issues.

These things are fun to have. Period.
almost same here... 6' even and with riser the cp is at the perfect height for me... for reference, I do own 2 legit arcade cabinets. 1 setup with an MVS and another with my macross arcade board. I wouldn't compare the arcade1up to those 2, but as a toy with a PC i just popped in it, it will be a fun toy :)

almost same here... 6' even and with riser the cp is at the perfect height for me... for reference, I do own 2 legit arcade cabinets. 1 setup with an MVS and another with my macross arcade board. I wouldn't compare the arcade1up to those 2, but as a toy with a PC i just popped in it, it will be a fun toy :)
Yeah, these things are great options for people. I finally got to see one put together recently at Walmart, and while it is small the riser helps a ton. Like the mini consoles these are great for people to have a quick, accessible option for playing some arcade games. Yes, you can do it better but it takes a ton of know how, time and cost.

My son and I recently built a close to full size Raspberry Pi powered arcade cabinet and it took quite a while and was not an insignificant cost. I wouldn't trade it for an Arcade1up cabinet, but between the design, woodworking and technical experience to set it up right the requirements are significant. The idea that you can buy one of these at Walmart and have it ready to go in under an hour (even if you aren't great at putting things together and have zero tech experience) is very desirable.

I had most of the woodworking tools, but still had to buy some forstner bits for the control panel and a router bit for the t-molding which ain't cheap (BTW, I highly recommend https://www.t-molding.com/ for arcade parts if you do go this path or want to upgrade your Arcade1up with Sanwa/HAPP parts, their customer service is excellent and they ship quickly). Add in the cost of the sticks and buttons, the USB control board, the Raspberry Pi, the monitor, speakers/amp, LED lighting and the good quality plywood and paint and you are well over an Arcade1up even before you factor in your time (even if you enjoy it, your time is still worth something).

Yeah, these things are great options for people. I finally got to see one put together recently at Walmart, and while it is small the riser helps a ton. Like the mini consoles these are great for people to have a quick, accessible option for playing some arcade games. Yes, you can do it better but it takes a ton of know how, time and cost.

My son and I recently built a close to full size Raspberry Pi powered arcade cabinet and it took quite a while and was not an insignificant cost. I wouldn't trade it for an Arcade1up cabinet, but between the design, woodworking and technical experience to set it up right the requirements are significant. The idea that you can buy one of these at Walmart and have it ready to go in under an hour (even if you aren't great at putting things together and have zero tech experience) is very desirable.

I had most of the woodworking tools, but still had to buy some forstner bits for the control panel and a router bit for the t-molding which ain't cheap (BTW, I highly recommend https://www.t-molding.com/ for arcade parts if you do go this path or want to upgrade your Arcade1up with Sanwa/HAPP parts, their customer service is excellent and they ship quickly). Add in the cost of the sticks and buttons, the USB control board, the Raspberry Pi, the monitor, speakers/amp, LED lighting and the good quality plywood and paint and you are well over an Arcade1up even before you factor in your time (even if you enjoy it, your time is still worth something).
I couldn’t agree more. I have a full-size cab running RetroPie and using higher quality buttons and sticks, but it does take a lot of time to learn how to get everything working (and I’m still learning). I have also modded two A1Up cabs. But there is an appeal to many people (including myself) to getting something that works out of the box and can play games you enjoy in a cab that is small enough to be practical and relatively inexpensive yet large enough to be playable.

I do wish they would include more games in each unit and do a better job of picking games that make sense for that screen orientation and control panel, which is why I chose to mod my cabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Arcade1Up has been getting a bunch of cancellation requests for their exclusive Marvel cabinet given that the standard release has already been showing up at retail. I just got this e-mail where they made sure to mention why it's worth the wait and how it can't be cancelled:

Congratulations! Your limited-edition Marvel arcade cabinet's delivery process has already begun. You will receive tracking information on your unit within the next few weeks.

They say good things are worth the wait, and they are right. This Arcade1Up.com exclusive Marvel unit features Sanwa Joysticks and Buttons, A light-up marquee, Exclusive artwork featured on the Matching riser and a letter of authenticity.

Please note that the purchase date of your product has already passed 30 days of a grace period where customers can request a refund or cancel their order as stated on our website

I'm pretty sure there are lots of cancelations from regular people who bought it thinking it was the only version. They don't know or care what Sanwa is & rather save some money.

Honestly i don't even think it's worth it. High level play on a mini cabinet? I rather save the money too & just casually play on the casual cabinet. For high level play id stick with a good fight stick on a console/pc or actual full size cabinet.

My local Wal-Mart (Oregon Coast) had 1 in stock but it wasn't out on the floor; the guy said they were being kept in the back for .com orders, which I thought was weird. Picked it up yesterday despite me having one already, figured it'd be a great Xmas gift for one of my gaming friends. Posted a photo in my local Video Game Chat group we have on Facebook and a member pleaded with me to sell it. Arrived at my house and shoved $750 at me to take it. Wasn't intending to flip it but damn, money talks. Now I have my original machine paid for, time to put it together with my son this weekend. 

For those that don't know: They had to re-record/alter the intro song for the TMNT Arcade Game (Not Turtles in Time). Something to do with rights issues I imagine....for me It's not a deal-breaker but some are crying foul as some do on the internet. 

I'm pretty sure there are lots of cancelations from regular people who bought it thinking it was the only version. They don't know or care what Sanwa is & rather save some money.

Honestly i don't even think it's worth it. High level play on a mini cabinet? I rather save the money too & just casually play on the casual cabinet. For high level play id stick with a good fight stick on a console/pc or actual full size cabinet.
The Sanwa joysticks aren't the only difference between the standard and Arcade1Up exclusive. Not sure how the size changes the "level of play".

If you bought the TMNT arcade1up cabinets from Walmart.com be prepared for damage. UPS doesn’t give a shit and Arcade1up just glues the sides of the box instead of taping and glue.
a02ec6d14d7848a39555d3ffcc2b6dc4.jpg
73331f247c4beba367b3df12259ffcb1.jpg
d5e4c573253068765903a4b07fb8327e.jpg
5bec5c9244a7b81b5337119cf243340b.jpg
9b18cafa1cef4522edaa2208781e6c9c.jpg
44c40209712bba243a674f66b6cd7a6b.jpg
832cf330df1614ba56de4d829a2640df.jpg
c58fc87b83b9fe4c33bd4a765bcd8b59.jpg
1a6a17f3523f5adf2c202856f0eb8fac.jpg

If you bought the TMNT arcade1up cabinets from Walmart.com be prepared for damage. UPS doesn’t give a shit and Arcade1up just glues the sides of the box instead of taping and glue.
[snip]
Yeah, the 1st gen run of A1Up were pretty much packaged the same way.

There would be tape on the seams but you were never quite sure if it was original packaging or if WalMart did its own thing, lol.

Hopefully, the insides are undamaged.

The box itself looks to be fatter than the originals too. Curious if that's only the TMNT units or if all of the 2nd gen units get this. I'm still mulling over the Star Wars cab.

Of course the delivery company doesn't give a shit. How'd the unit itself fair?
So far so good. I opened the best condition box to keep for myself and the other 3 are for friends of mine. They want to open them their selves. I will let you know how they look inside. I was able to peep in on the sides where the glue came undone and it looks good. Also that big gouge doesn’t seem to have hit any parts. I am just thinking this could have been worse because the 2 side boards of the cabinet was coming out on 3 of them. I couldn’t pick them up unless I retapped both sides because parts were coming out. Hope we have good luck with the other 3 or at least local Walmart’s start getting them so my friends can exchange if needed.

Yeah, the 1st gen run of A1Up were pretty much packaged the same way.
There would be tape on the seams but you were never quite sure if it was original packaging or if WalMart did its own thing, lol.

Hopefully, the insides are undamaged.

The box itself looks to be fatter than the originals too. Curious if that's only the TMNT units or if all of the 2nd gen units get this. I'm still mulling over the Star Wars cab.
1st gen had tape but they use that thin cheap tape but the glue on 1st gen was either applied better or stronger because I had no issues with sides coming apart like this.

I have only seen the thick boxes on the deluxe Atari cabinet and the mortal kombat and Pac-Man from Costco. The Deluxe cabinet was not as thick and come to think of it all cabinets with risers were probably as thick as deluxe. Just the TMNT and Costco bundles were this thick.

So far so good. I opened the best condition box to keep for myself and the other 3 are for friends of mine. They want to open them their selves. I will let you know how they look inside. I was able to peep in on the sides where the glue came undone and it looks good. Also that big gouge doesn’t seem to have hit any parts. I am just thinking this could have been worse because the 2 side boards of the cabinet was coming out on 3 of them. I couldn’t pick them up unless I retapped both sides because parts were coming out. Hope we have good luck with the other 3 or at least local Walmart’s start getting them so my friends can exchange if needed.

My box came damaged too. Not as bad but I took everything out and nothing appeared damaged. The inside seems packaged pretty well.

Looking forward to seeing these in action. I would Be interested in how comfortable this would be for 4 people to stand at.
seeing it in person, 3 adults shoulder to shoulder can play it looking straight at the screen. The only way 4 adults would be able to play together would be if the people standing at each end stood sideways viewing the screen at a sharp angle. allowing a 4th person to squeeze in.

seeing it in person, 3 adults shoulder to shoulder can play it looking straight at the screen. The only way 4 adults would be able to play together would be if the people standing at each end stood sideways viewing the screen at a sharp angle. allowing a 4th person to squeeze in.
I can attest that the viewing angles on these newer screens are far better than the previous models; no problem with 4 players despite being slightly cramped.

My box was a little damaged but everything in the box is packed well, even better than all the other ones I've bought. I don't ever see 4 people playing it in my house but I think me and my little nephew will have a lot of fun. Haven't built the riser yet, not sure I will use it, my nephew is 4 so they are perfect height for him.

Damn these $400 prices on these mini cabinets makes me wonder how much I could sell my KI2 arcade game for.  I got it for $300 back in like 2001.  It just sits in my garage now.

bread's done
Back