The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the return window? Buy now and don’t open it. Better yet, if you can do an in store pickup, buy now and don’t pickup until you have to. Keep unopened.
Yeah, usually if you wanted to take advantage of a black friday deal, you would at least have to return and re-buy it on Black Friday itself. You might be able to miss the initial crush that way, but you'd still be going back into the store, on Black Friday.

Sigma is simply contemplating a quandary that occurs to many of us as we get older. Basically, is the hassle of Black Friday worth the savings? If the deal isn't good enough, or if we have more disposable income than we used to, the answer is sometimes no. I've been to some of the worse Black Friday shopping spots. I'm not in a hurry to go back. A deal would have to be phenomenally good to drive me from the comfort of home. I could be hanging out with my family, playing some games I already own, and snacking on the Thanksgiving dinner leftovers and deserts. That's a lot better time than freezing my butt off in some line waiting for an only half-decent deal.

Usually returns aren't so bad on BF.  Plus there's no rush to be there as long as the ad is still active.  But it is a hassle.  Personally I'd wait for the Thursday part of the BF sale.  Be there that night, find where the machines are, and then be prepared to grab one when the sale goes live with your hand already on it so other peeps get the idea.

Usually returns aren't so bad on BF. Plus there's no rush to be there as long as the ad is still active. But it is a hassle. Personally I'd wait for the Thursday part of the BF sale. Be there that night, find where the machines are, and then be prepared to grab one when the sale goes live with your hand already on it so other peeps get the idea.
In some areas black friday is a death match.... no one would get that hint at all because to them, they are the single most important thing in the universe and if you get a boot to the face, then so be it. thankfully, most "deals" are available online and some stores will allow in store pickup. No worries for the ones that don't , as delivery works too. So tempted by the galaga cab too (my 2 cabs are modded with PCs, would like at least 1 stock cab.

Yeah, usually if you wanted to take advantage of a black friday deal, you would at least have to return and re-buy it on Black Friday itself. You might be able to miss the initial crush that way, but you'd still be going back into the store, on Black Friday.

Sigma is simply contemplating a quandary that occurs to many of us as we get older. Basically, is the hassle of Black Friday worth the savings? If the deal isn't good enough, or if we have more disposable income than we used to, the answer is sometimes no. I've been to some of the worse Black Friday shopping spots. I'm not in a hurry to go back. A deal would have to be phenomenally good to drive me from the comfort of home. I could be hanging out with my family, playing some games I already own, and snacking on the Thanksgiving dinner leftovers and deserts. That's a lot better time than freezing my butt off in some line waiting for an only half-decent deal.
You hit the nail on the head. The only thing for me is that my wife will want to stop in Wal-Mart at some point when we are out and about this year so I may just roll the dice and try my luck, $150 isn't the greatest deal and there is a good chance I could still get it for $200 or less after Black Friday too.

The other thing is I have a bunch of new releases including Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon Sword so I'd likely put the cabinet together and play it for about 5 minutes before I go back to playing the new stuff.

I am currently having an internal debate with myself on if I should wait and try my luck on Black Friday for $150 or just get it now for $199. As a CAG I feel compelled to save that money, but I also know it will be a nightmare going into a WalMart on Black Friday or more likely Thanksgiving. I'd imagine these will sell out fast at this price. I also agree on how this cabinet is very nice, Final Fight is one of my all time favorite arcade cabinets too so definitely towards the top of my list on these Arcade 1Up cabs.
It goes live online the day before Thanksgiving at 10PM ET. Granted their site may have a meltdown, but way better than trying in-store and TBH who knows what store stock will look like. I'm betting most stores won't even get additional units so whatever they have now is it.

Just looked at brickseek looks like a store in my area had the Final Fight machine on clearance for $75 but they are out of stock now.
Thanks for posting this. I checked brickseek for Final Fight and saw that one store had limited stock at $75. Just picked it up. I thought this round of clearance ended weeks ago...glad I was wrong.

On a side note, it's been my observation that smaller Walmarts are usually the ones putting Arcade1up's on clearance. I've had success focusing on these stores.

It goes live online the day before Thanksgiving at 10PM ET. Granted their site may have a meltdown, but way better than trying in-store and TBH who knows what store stock will look like. I'm betting most stores won't even get additional units so whatever they have now is it.
Good call! I think I will try that route. The stores around me are pretty well stocked on Final Fight, but it's still about 6+ per store.

Thanks for posting this. I checked brickseek for Final Fight and saw that one store had limited stock at $75. Just picked it up. I thought this round of clearance ended weeks ago...glad I was wrong.

On a side note, it's been my observation that smaller Walmarts are usually the ones putting Arcade1up's on clearance. I've had success focusing on these stores.
I've always figured this was the case. The Wal-Marts near me are all Super Centers and the only smaller one is a Neighborhood Market.

I've always figured this was the case. The Wal-Marts near me are all Super Centers and the only smaller one is a Neighborhood Market.
I have two nearby, both super centers, but one is bigger than the other by quite a bit. I always go to the smaller one. It did end up clearancing off some of the Arcade 1up cabs... but they sold quickly!

I was thinking more like buy now, see if a better deal comes up around Black Friday. I NEVER set foot in a store Friday morning. We usually get almost everything done Wednesday. Maybe a few things Thursday. All online. The last few years we usually head out about 12pm Black Friday to a restaurant and chill for a couple hours with beers and appetizers, buying a few things online. Always a great time.

Saving $50 or whatever to go out on Thursday or Friday morning with all the angry trash isn’t worth it to me. Family time all day Thursday. Relaxing time Friday afternoon. Also beers.

I heart beers.

Well they got stock in for the Final Fight one for $75. I wasn’t going to get one of these but I’m tempted by that price.

Not sure if it's been posted but I saw the MK cabinet at Costco yesterday. Came with a riser and stoll for 350.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

a local store around my area now shows stock of Final Fight for $75. Heading there now to check out. Brickseek have always disappoint, hopefully this time differ....

@daring

Just out of curiosity, was Brickseek accurate?
it actually was instock in the back-room, wmt minion walked back to grab one but was stopped and informed by his wmt master that the items was save for Black Friday. It's load of shit lie but w/e, he works at wmt and make a dime above min wage so no sense in questioning his strategic marketing decision.

anyways, placed an online order for in-store pickup tmr, hopefully price will adjust down at the time of pickup.

it actually was instock in the back-room, wmt minion walked back to grab one but was stopped and informed by his wmt master that the items was save for Black Friday. It's load of shit lie but w/e, he works at wmt and make a dime above min wage so no sense in questioning his strategic marketing decision.

anyways, placed an online order for in-store pickup tmr, hopefully price will adjust down at the time of pickup.
Pickup the item, then do a price adjust or a return/rebuy. Kindly tell them about the back room incident. If they refuse, return it.

I the ff dropped to 199 has anyone seen a higher price on brickseek and go there and a unit scanned at a lower price wondering if it is worth a trip

I think all stores are getting stock of the units in the Black Friday ad that they need to have. I noticed a store that clearanced out Galaga months ago got new stock, so I placed an order for store pick up that was cancelled by them later. I'm watching other stores to see if I can get lucky. Don't know why they don't just raise the price back up negating the need to refuse sales.

I the ff dropped to 199 has anyone seen a higher price on brickseek and go there and a unit scanned at a lower price wondering if it is worth a trip
I've found the pricing on brickseek to be near 100% accurate...but no where close as good with inventory counts.

I replaced the square joystick gates with hexagonal gates in my fighting games (exept SF2 sadly, not compatible) and it feels much better. I've also replaced the ball tops on some with bat tops in appropriate colors. I think that's the extent of modding I'm going to do.

I replaced the square joystick gates with hexagonal gates in my fighting games (exept SF2 sadly, not compatible) and it feels much better. I've also replaced the ball tops on some with bat tops in appropriate colors. I think that's the extent of modding I'm going to do.
How is the SF2 stick different? It looks like a sanwa (or fake sanwa) stick from the pics and when I messed with one in store.

When I built my joysticks for X1/PS4 the first thing I did was get an octo gate. The square gates I could never get used to, and I used a charge character.

Just received a Black Friday deals catalog from Sams Club, tremendous club ... the very best. Everyone says so. It looks like they'll be selling the Arcade1up Pacman Cocktail Table with two matching stools for $399.98. This is a beautiful deal, tremendous deal for our country.

HbnMeNS.jpg

Also at Sam's, tremendous club ... the very best club. Believe me. The best. They're now selling the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition. This is a newly released full size arcade unit with 350 preloaded games, a mix of arcade and console, with the ability to side load your own ROMs. Retail price is $500. Tremendous! Unsurprisingly, with such a tremendous deal, they're currently out of stock.

AtGames-Legends-Ultimate-Arcade-Machine-1-720x480.jpg

Also at Sam's, tremendous club ... the very best club. Believe me. The best. They're now selling the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition. This is a newly released full size arcade unit with 350 preloaded games, a mix of arcade and console, with the ability to side load your own ROMs. Retail price is $500. Tremendous! Unsurprisingly, with such a tremendous deal, they're currently out of stock.

You know that picture you took is perfect. It’s the perfect picture. Just look at it.

the wreck it Ralf design on the side of the cabinet makes it look kiddie
The art is where the the Legends Ultimate loses a lot of ground (though I'm pretty sure they consumer versions don't have that 350 games art on them). It's actually well made from what I've seen, far better than the first Arcade1Up spinners for example and overall seems to have a little more sturdy construction. No need to get a riser, no need to mod it to get roms on there, no need to buy a deck protector for it.

But, it just doesn't look good. If they managed to make it as aesthetically appealing as some of the Arcade1Ups (which admittedly just used existing art), it would really have made a big difference in my mind. That's part of the appeal of an arcade cab.

That Legends cab actually seems pretty decent.  I've been considering setting up a game room in the house with a pool table & darts... but  having a full size arcade machine capable of playing a lot of stuff without having to design and build it or gut another machine would be cool.  I like that it has an hdmi pass thru on it as well so easy enough to plug up another game system without taking up extra space.   Thanks for posting about it.

That Legends cab actually seems pretty decent. I've been considering setting up a game room in the house with a pool table & darts... but having a full size arcade machine capable of playing a lot of stuff without having to design and build it or gut another machine would be cool. I like that it has an hdmi pass thru on it as well so easy enough to plug up another game system without taking up extra space. Thanks for posting about it.
I'd agree with this. I did just buy a Final Fight Arcade 1Up cabinet and I love the included games, but immediately had the itch to mod it and have been looking into that so may be my Winter project. Adding an arcade cabinet of any kind really adds to the Game Room though.

Also at Sam's, tremendous club ... the very best club. Believe me. The best. They're now selling the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition. This is a newly released full size arcade unit with 350 preloaded games, a mix of arcade and console, with the ability to side load your own ROMs. Retail price is $500. Tremendous! Unsurprisingly, with such a tremendous deal, they're currently out of stock.

Reading the product description of that cabinet, this stood out:

"BYOG™: Bring your own game. You can play games you bought on another game store (e.g., Steam, Origin, Epic, etc.) by streaming them to your cabinet from our cloud servers. BYOG™ is $1/hour with a minimum 10 hours purchase."

This brings back the retro nostalgia, I haven't paid by the hour for an online service since the days of dial-up AOL. AtGames thought of everything! :D

The BYOG thing is a joke.  The real selling points are:

• the controls match up with most games (track ball, dual spinners, dual sticks, & 6 buttons per player)
  • the ability to side load more games onto it
  • the hdmi pass through thus making it easy to throw a pi on it or a modern console and use console controllers
  • that you could legit have a lot to play without even need to mod it
  • it's full size but not the weight of a full size cab
I'm super tempted to get one of these.  They are $600 on walmart.com... which is not terrible if you don't have a Sams Club nearby (let alone the membership which runs about $45).

Users on AtariAge have been discussing it since it was first revealed and they seem to really like the system.

I read that many if not all of the ROMS were console versions and not the arcade. Kinda disappointing. The BYOG thing makes zero sense in 2019. 

I read that many if not all of the ROMS were console versions and not the arcade. Kinda disappointing. The BYOG thing makes zero sense in 2019.
You must be reading FAKE NEWS! I included the list of included games within my post, it shows which are arcade and console games. I'm far too busy NOT watching the WITCH HUNT hearings to count them but they're definitely not all console games. Definitely more than half are though. I've also read that not all side-loaded ROMs work but it seems many do.

I agree though, the BYOG thing is a terrible idea. SAD!

Picked up the legends machine this AM from Sams club for $499. Really happy with it. 

Relatively solid construction. Top comes prebuilt. Took 15 min to unpack and put together bottom half. Top slides right on and there are 5 or so connectors to hook up and ready to go. Updated firmware immediately. 

The most recent firmware lets you put MAME roms directly on a usb stick and plug into port on control panel. Every rom I’ve tried has auto mapped buttons to the control deck correctly. Really slick. Kinda a pain to get the ROMs on the usb stick as you have to download a tool and ‘build’ the file for the usb stick (each rom individually), but it lets you name the game, add art for icon, and add bezel art. 

At least that will make me pick and choose rather than dump 7000 games on there. I would guess at some point there will be a curated download of prebuilt ROMs with art someone will put together. 

Don’t like it quite as much as my bar top I built a couple years ago with a Pi but that was a lot of work. Super impressed so far. Listing my rampage arcade 1up on CL. 

Picked up the legends machine this AM from Sams club for $499. Really happy with it.

Relatively solid construction. Top comes prebuilt. Took 15 min to unpack and put together bottom half. Top slides right on and there are 5 or so connectors to hook up and ready to go. Updated firmware immediately.

The most recent firmware lets you put MAME roms directly on a usb stick and plug into port on control panel. Every rom I’ve tried has auto mapped buttons to the control deck correctly. Really slick. Kinda a pain to get the ROMs on the usb stick as you have to download a tool and ‘build’ the file for the usb stick (each rom individually), but it lets you name the game, add art for icon, and add bezel art.

At least that will make me pick and choose rather than dump 7000 games on there. I would guess at some point there will be a curated download of prebuilt ROMs with art someone will put together.

Don’t like it quite as much as my bar top I built a couple years ago with a Pi but that was a lot of work. Super impressed so far. Listing my rampage arcade 1up on CL.
I recently just started following this thread and was looking at getting the FF cab during BF but might have to look into this instead. All the Sam's in Alaska shut down a few years back but we have plenty of Walmarts. Would you say it's worth $600?

I recently just started following this thread and was looking at getting the FF cab during BF but might have to look into this instead. All the Sam's in Alaska shut down a few years back but we have plenty of Walmarts. Would you say it's worth $600?

I built my own MAME cabinet and spent 2-3 times that. Just to give you an idea, the Wood was over $100, the Trackball was $100, the Spinner was $80, and the joysticks and buttons were about $50, and that's before counting the computer and the monitor. I don't have the $500 Cab mentioned above, but if you don't mind it being ugly as all heck, I'd say its easily worth it for what you get for the price. If the Cab is licensed, I'm actually rather shocked at how much you get for the price.

Now that I give it some though: I imagine they offer this BYOG service to ward off any companies trying to go after them for offering straight up emulation/rom usage. Even though it IS a feature they can point to the BYOG as a way of having an out of sorts.

I picked up on of these last night, but don't plan on setting it up until after Christmas. With Atgames at the helm, I checked, and checked, and tripled checked the reviews I was reading and was quite shocked at how thoughtfully this is set up for the price. There's also already an active community around it helping to support side-loaded games, alternate emulator cores, support for additional systems (RPi, etc.). The components seem like generic knock offs, but relatively high quality knock offs compatible with brand-name parts if replacements are desired. Even the game selection, while not perfect, is reasonable and are all at least licensed games.

A bigger screen would have been nice, but really, for the price, a 24" 1080p monitor is probably the best that could be done.

I haven't seen anyone tear off the heatsink and identify the processor running. Looking at the Add On tool, it's at least a 64-bit ARM processor.

I don’t know that it is worth it for $600 for what you get out of the box at Walmart but the ability to add Mame ROMs to the unit and have them map controls appropriately to the existing controls is pretty damned great.

For $500 at Sam’s it also comes with a dongle that includes 10 Bandai Namco games including Galaga and Mappy. To me this is a no brainer if you are thinking about a mame cabinet. Heck, if you wanted to gut the machine and replace the joysticks and buttons with Sanwa equipment and throw a preconfigured pi with a mame image on there it would probably not nay cost you $100.

With Atgames at the helm, I checked, and checked, and tripled checked the reviews I was reading and was quite shocked at how thoughtfully this is set up for the price.
I read that they worked with some knowledgeable people in the community. It's kind of shocking but it really does seem like quality wise, the first arcade offering from Atgames is quite a bit ahead of Arcade1Up (I have 3 cabs but I mean the first generation in particular had a lot of issues).

May be they see this as a way to go beyond their well earned reputation of releasing cheap crap. Next to Arcade1Up which early on at least cut corners every chance they got, this offering is head and shoulders above, though I have to concede Arcad1Ups look so much better...

I read that they worked with some knowledgeable people in the community. It's kind of shocking but it really does seem like quality wise, the first arcade offering from Atgames is quite a bit ahead of Arcade1Up (I have 3 cabs but I mean the first generation in particular had a lot of issues).

May be they see this as a way to go beyond their well earned reputation of releasing cheap crap. Next to Arcade1Up which early on at least cut corners every chance they got, this offering is head and shoulders above, though I have to concede Arcad1Ups look so much better...
And that is big for me. Plus, looking through the list of games in the Atgames cab, I would hope there is a way to just hide a good number of them. Given the sheer number, I would rather not even clutter the menu up with those old Atari console games. Really, having console games in an arcade cab isn't something I would really be looking for. I'm sure not against it, but it isn't a real selling point for me.

But, the biggest appeal to me for the Arcade1Up cabs are the attempt to replicate the look of the original arcade cabs. IMO, they look amazing and I will 100% look at them more than I will play them. When I saw "Tron" in the list of arcade games in the Atgames cab, my first thought was "ohmigod! TRON!" My next thought was "I sure hope Arcade1up makes a Tron cab." After releasing that Star Wars cab, I am pretty confident it is coming....

I don’t know that it is worth it for $600 for what you get out of the box at Walmart but the ability to add Mame ROMs to the unit and have them map controls appropriately to the existing controls is pretty damned great.

For $500 at Sam’s it also comes with a dongle that includes 10 Bandai Namco games including Galaga and Mappy. To me this is a no brainer if you are thinking about a mame cabinet. Heck, if you wanted to gut the machine and replace the joysticks and buttons with Sanwa equipment and throw a preconfigured pi with a mame image on there it would probably not nay cost you $100.
I'd jump on the $500 for sure, but my closest Sam's it's through Canada since I'm in Alaska haha

Atgames also released a SDK, I'm hopefully someone better at programming than me will dive into and add more features to the GUI and compatibility

I ordered a custom CP from 99 Lives arcade a while back and it came out amazing. I had him install a trackball and I installed a GRS spinner, but haven’t been able to get either to work with the Wolfanoz A1up image. The guy who runs 99 Lives arcade was having similar problems getting them to run on his builds, (apparently the original A1up image from ArcadePunks didn’t include “mouse” controls) but he recently got it figured out. I contacted him about helping me get the controls sorted out and he’s loading the updated image on an SD card I mailed him. Incredible customer service, and really great work, if you’re considering a custom CP it’s definitely worth taking a look, especially if you can get an active promo code. I will warn that each CP is handmade per your design, so expect it to take around a month or so. I will also say that I made 2 changes at different times to my order after placing it by contacting them over Facebook messenger and they were not only helpful, but it didn’t add any extra time to the build

(Not sure why pic keeps rotating but you get the idea)

https://99livesarcade.com/?fbclid=IwAR0tAmqAZfV3KITB3mTfxX81CM3YxtWsqUggqeilgDYxRFsp2z8yawhErww%5Battachment=33200:21FDB9B9-83E1-41B6-A84A-0FE323232D49.jpeg%5D%5Battachment=33200:21FDB9B9-83E1-41B6-A84A-0FE323232D49.jpeg%5D

[attachment=33201:EC201B0C-DBD9-4077-9971-2193E3090A95.jpeg]

When I saw "Tron" in the list of arcade games in the Atgames cab, my first thought was "ohmigod! TRON!" My next thought was "I sure hope Arcade1up makes a Tron cab." After releasing that Star Wars cab, I am pretty confident it is coming....
Yeah, Tron could be a major score for A1U, but I'll assume the biggest hurdle would be the licensing, but since they got Star Wars, anything is possible I suppose? SW is one of classic gaming's biggest titles, and due to the unique yolk controller, made that one a must have. I'm just not sure how high the demand would be for Tron, and if it would off set the higher cost due to behind the scenes approvals that are needed.

They could also add many other "run, turn & shoot" titles like Front Line, Ikari Warriors, Heavy Barrel Ect, that could bring a higher level of interest, but those deals would have to be worked out as well. I would love to see Tron though, for no other reason than to see how well they capture the look of the arcade, as Tron was one of the coolest cabs from back in the day.

Yeah, Tron could be a major score for A1U, but I'll assume the biggest hurdle would be the licensing, but since they got Star Wars, anything is possible I suppose? SW is one of classic gaming's biggest titles, and due to the unique yolk controller, made that one a must have. I'm just not sure how high the demand would be for Tron, and if it would off set the higher cost due to behind the scenes approvals that are needed.

They could also add many other "run, turn & shoot" titles like Front Line, Ikari Warriors, Heavy Barrel Ect, that could bring a higher level of interest, but those deals would have to be worked out as well. I would love to see Tron though, for no other reason than to see how well they capture the look of the arcade, as Tron was one of the coolest cabs from back in the day.
The main problem with those is the rotate sticks aren't common anymore - mainly because they are not a sturdy design. I worked in an arcade growing up (a Putt-Putt) and those sticks were not very reliable. And to assume Arcade1up will not be including top end sticks (as evidenced by their questionable quality on spinners and some other parts) makes it a less than ideal option. But, that said an Ikari Warriors/Victory Road/Ikari 3 cabinet would be nice - but I kind of doubt they would bundle with Data East's Heavy Barrel and Midnight Resistance, but that would be cool.

bread's done
Back