The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fight, IMO for the money has the best selection of games out of all the offerings thus far. I'd say the 12-in-1 but I've yet to play one. With the ATGames machine release I imagine it would make a fine replacement anyway. 

Noticed on BS that a local Walmart had Galaga for $50 and Final Fight at $74 as of today. All stores except for this one are delisted from BS for Final Fight. I went ahead and took the drive, and walked out with a $50 Galaga/Galaxian.
Lucky. All the stores around me that had Galaga clearance to $74 went up to $299 this week.

Don’t know if anyone saw but tomorrow AtGames is supposed to release firmware for the Legends cab to allow control deck to be used as Bluetooth controller for a Rasp Pi. Retro Ralph has YouTube video showing how it works. Now just plug a Pi into HDMI port on cabinet and you can use any RETROPIE image. 

Absolutely insane what atgames has done in a month. I know their reputation was pretty poor but this seems like a completely different company. 

Don’t know if anyone saw but tomorrow AtGames is supposed to release firmware for the Legends cab to allow control deck to be used as Bluetooth controller for a Rasp Pi. Retro Ralph has YouTube video showing how it works. Now just plug a Pi into HDMI port on cabinet and you can use any RETROPIE image.

Absolutely insane what atgames has done in a month. I know their reputation was pretty poor but this seems like a completely different company.
I despise AtGames based on their previous work- but everything I see seems to show that they are just killing it with this cabinet.

Maybe they realized after Sega kicked them to the curb that they would actually have to start doing more than the bare minimum to stay in business

I despise AtGames based on their previous work- but everything I see seems to show that they are just killing it with this cabinet.
Yeah, the positive feedback I've been hearing about the AtGames cabinet has gotten me wanting to pick one up myself. Really cool stuff they are doing with it and they have been very receptive of the community around this thing.

Ironically the concern switches to how they handle this long term.

If they are trying to gain a foothold with more serious gamers, in theory it could be a loss leader for them. They could be willing to make little to no profit at all, providing it's a good form of community outreach and advertisement. On the other hand though...

This could turn into a situation where the product gains a good reputation and then they switch to cheaper parts, or raise the price, or take other steps to better monetize the product.

I guess that's being paranoid, but this is AtGames after all and honestly it's reaching a point that what they're offering is almost inexplicable. They offer ArcadeNet and BYOG, then they blow that out of the water themselves with far better features. If this is what we could have had all along, why in the hell did it take AtGames of all companies to deliver?

What would make sense is Sams Club Restocking the AtGames Legends cabinet and having the for $100 off as part of a BF sale.

This could turn into a situation where the product gains a good reputation and then they switch to cheaper parts, or raise the price, or take other steps to better monetize the product.

I guess that's being paranoid, but this is AtGames after all and honestly it's reaching a point that what they're offering is almost inexplicable. They offer ArcadeNet and BYOG, then they blow that out of the water themselves with far better features. If this is what we could have had all along, why in the hell did it take AtGames of all companies to deliver?
I and some others have been able to get root access on the box which, imho, secures the cabinet as is, even if Atgames stops everything right now. Even without that, the Add On system, while not exactly user friendly, provides a very thorough ability to add anything easily to the arcade. Atgames has folks who are active in forums and responding to feedback and currently doing weekly firmware releases. It's really like a different company.

All of the hardware is reasonable quality (the stick is a sanwa knock off, microswitches on all of the buttons) and is easily upgradeable. The SOC is a quad core ARM64 that's comparable to a RPi3, but with three more cores.

While not the most beautiful solution, the box even supports using a RPi to play games while using the arcade controls, they're own funky Blast add ons, which I'm sure will end up being deeply discounted after Christmas (a nice cheap way to get legal ROMs), and as I mentioned before, there is already a reasonably strong community. Add all the standard connections internal (HDMI, USB, ethernet, etc.) and it's a pretty great package.

I could go on, but this is one of the few cases where I bet on the potential of something, but the out of box experience exceeded what would be pragmatically possible without custom firmware.

All this talk of how great the atgames cabinet is I had to pick one up for at home. I say it’s for the whole family and will keep it in a communal area, but I know only my wife and myself will likely touch it. It comes bundled with a free atgames pong now at Walmart. No clue what to do with that, but free is free. Maybe it’ll be a good office white elephant gift.

Still on the fence about a Final Fight or Galaga machine to stick in the corner of my office for because I can, though. I think it would be so cool, and make slow days better, but $150 is still a fair amount for work decor.

Got the Final Fight machine assembled today. After getting an Asteroids machine in May and waiting 6 months for the company to send a replacement screen because the one in the box was heavily scratched, I was holding my breath when I opened Final Fight. It actually did have a couple minor scratches on the screen outside of the play area, but everything else was perfect. The parts of Final Fight fit together better than Asteroids as well. Really nice cab. Well worth the $150, plus the $22 I spent on the 3 year extended warranty (I'm going to play the hell out of it, so I figured an extended warranty would be worth it in this case),

On a side note, I finally got the metal spinner knob installed on the Asteroids machine, and wow does it ever make a huge difference when playing Tempest. Easy to install and reasonably priced.

Got the Final Fight machine assembled today. After getting an Asteroids machine in May and waiting 6 months for the company to send a replacement screen because the one in the box was heavily scratched, I was holding my breath when I opened Final Fight. It actually did have a couple minor scratches on the screen outside of the play area, but everything else was perfect. The parts of Final Fight fit together better than Asteroids as well. Really nice cab. Well worth the $150, plus the $22 I spent on the 3 year extended warranty (I'm going to play the hell out of it, so I figured an extended warranty would be worth it in this case),

On a side note, I finally got the metal spinner knob installed on the Asteroids machine, and wow does it ever make a huge difference when playing Tempest. Easy to install and reasonably priced.
If the scratches are outside of the play area, you can remove the monitor cover and touch the scratches up from the backside with a Sharpie. They basically disappear by doing this.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

If the scratches are outside of the play area, you can remove the monitor cover and touch the scratches up from the backside with a Sharpie. They basically disappear by doing this.

A1Up is also now selling just the plastic screen bezels....$14.99 + $10 for shipping.

But who knows how long until it actually ships. I ordered some stuff from them and I've been waiting over a month. Opened support tickets and was told it got put on hold because something was supposedly backordered. Their support/shipping departments leave much to be desired.

Appreciate the tip! The Asteroids screen had insane amounts of scratches outside and inside the play area. I will try the Sharpie method on the Final Fight screen. The replacement cover for Asteroids I finally got after months of waiting also had some minor scratches outside the play area so I will Sharpie that one as well.

Seems like the company could find a better way of packaging the clear components so that they wouldn't have as much chance of scratching, or maybe I've had rare bad luck. The wood components have all been in great shape aside from some hard to notice light scratches on the side panels.

Check those brickseek links regularly!! I just got a TMNT cab at a Walmart about 50 minutes away for $200. Earlier today, they had the standard $350 sale but were marked down again at some point this evening. Black Friday success!

Check those brickseek links regularly!! I just got a TMNT cab at a Walmart about 50 minutes away for $200. Earlier today, they had the standard $350 sale but were marked down again at some point this evening. Black Friday success!
Dam. All by me are the bf price. Would a store price match based on a pic of your receipt?

I happened to stop into a Marshalls/Home Goods store tonight after work when I noticed the store had a couple of A1U cabs for sale. I don't recall the store advertising the cabinets beforehand. YMMV on these, but I popped into a different Marshalls later in the evening when I made a trip to the local supermarket and confirmed the cabinets were being sold there too:

• Pac-Man w/riser - $299.99
  • Golden Tee w/riser - $299.99
  • Galaga Countercade - $149.99

I got one of these yesterday and as soon as I turned it on, there were green lines all over the screen. After playing a game for a little while, they seem to have gone away and everything appears to look good. Has anyone else experienced this and is this normal? Like is there some sort of brief "break-in" period with the monitors on these things?

Does anyone have a brick seek link for the Legends Ultimate arcade? I went to both Sam's clubs near me. The next one is over an hour and half away.

Brickseek is showing all Walmarts around me have 6+ TMNT with one store already dropped to $300. Tempting, but they could drop more if stores really have 6+.

Went to a Walmart that had been showing $75 for Final Fight but zero stock for around a week. All of the other Walmarts around had shown no FFs up until a day or two before Friday, when they all suddenly had 6+. Maybe I've been stalking this one too much, but they never showed stock even on BF. I went there Friday night and found one FF sitting there on the shelf. Scanned at $75 on the app. I walked out with it, heavy cart, happy.

Been checking BS for tmnt since I noticed the first mark down to 300, saw a store showing 150 pop up last night, then disappear before I could get there. Then today a pretty close store was showing 5 in stock at 150, so we bolted out the door not expecting much, but there they were with a sign that said 300, but they rang up 150, bought 2, 3 left at new castle, PA WALMART, at 150 I feel like that's a winner

Not sure how long these will last at this price, but Gamestop has the Quarter Arcade 1/4 scale cabs on sale for $99. Galaga is the latest, and retails for $179 direct from Numskull, so this was a sweet deal($149 at GS). My order is already on it's way, so hopefully packaging isn't shit, but only time will tell. Pac-Man is older, and sold out online, as I don't think they ever got a second run of those, but you may find some locally in store if interested. And Ms Pac-Man is due out later this month, but those are $99 as well, so I pre-order that as well, since these are due to retail for $150-$179.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=quarter%2Barcade&lang=default&rule=best-matches

Didn't know where to post this, as didn't know if it warranted it's own thread, and I could have posted at GS thread, but here seems the most likely crowd of interest. Maybe the front page can get a banner for the Galaga, as that is in stock and shipping. I'm sure the arguments of price and demand will begin, but for the same reasons A1Up has a business, the same goes for Numskull and New Wave Toys. These mini cabs are way cool, and have there market same as anything else, so different strokes for different folks right? LOL

Not sure how long these will last at this price, but Gamestop has the Quarter Arcade 1/4 scale cabs on sale for $99. Galaga is the latest, and retails for $179 direct from Numskull, so this was a sweet deal($149 at GS). My order is already on it's way, so hopefully packaging isn't shit, but only time will tell. Pac-Man is older, and sold out online, as I don't think they ever got a second run of those, but you may find some locally in store if interested. And Ms Pac-Man is due out later this month, but those are $99 as well, so I pre-order that as well, since these are due to retail for $150-$179.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=quarter%2Barcade&lang=default&rule=best-matches

Didn't know where to post this, as didn't know if it warranted it's own thread, and I could have posted at GS thread, but here seems the most likely crowd of interest. Maybe the front page can get a banner for the Galaga, as that is in stock and shipping. I'm sure the arguments of price and demand will begin, but for the same reasons A1Up has a business, the same goes for Numskull and New Wave Toys. These mini cabs are way cool, and have there market same as anything else, so different strokes for different folks right? LOL
I think the mini cabinets are cool for sure, but for the price they are too rich for my blood considering I couldn't see them more than a novelty since the screens are pretty small, I couldn't imagine I would play them all that often. $100 is a fair price though, I think I'd pick one up if I ever came across one on a deep clearance for around $50, at that price I could justify the purchase for what would primarily be a nice display piece.

I think the mini cabinets are cool for sure, but for the price they are too rich for my blood considering I couldn't see them more than a novelty since the screens are pretty small, I couldn't imagine I would play them all that often. $100 is a fair price though, I think I'd pick one up if I ever came across one on a deep clearance for around $50, at that price I could justify the purchase for what would primarily be a nice display piece.
I felt the same way about the Neo-Geo mini arcade that Newegg had for $50 last month.
LOL, yeah, that's my take on the Arcade 1ups as well, and why my buy in for those would be $50, as it's beyond unlikely I would ever turn one on. Even buying one at $50 would more than likely be for my son, as he finds it novel, but I'm sure he would end up playing even less than me.

I was actually going to grab that Neo Geo Mini at $50 and thought the beter of it, as I probably wouldn't use that much either, so I left it for someone who may want/use it more than me.

LOL, yeah, that's my take on the Arcade 1ups as well, and why my buy in for those would be $50, as it's beyond unlikely I would ever turn one on. Even buying one at $50 would more than likely be for my son, as he finds it novel, but I'm sure he would end up playing even less than me.

I was actually going to grab that Neo Geo Mini at $50 and thought the beter of it, as I probably wouldn't use that much either, so I left it for someone who may want/use it more than me.
I picked up a Final Fight Arcade 1Up cabinet and riser and have found myself playing it way more than I would have initially thought that I would. The size isn't a huge issue with the riser. I am not a giant dude either though so it works out well for my Game Room set up. The fact that I paid $200 for the cabinet and riser versus $100 for one of the even smaller cabinets.

I picked up a Final Fight Arcade 1Up cabinet and riser and have found myself playing it way more than I would have initially thought that I would. The size isn't a huge issue with the riser. I am not a giant dude either though so it works out well for my Game Room set up. The fact that I paid $200 for the cabinet and riser versus $100 for one of the even smaller cabinets.
I agree. I would definitely play this a lot, even though all these games are playable on MAME or compilation discs that can be had for a fraction of the cost of one of these cabinets. Being able to play them on a well-done replica of the original cabinet really adds a lot to it. In fact, the side art of the MSH looks better than the original did (this takes up most of the side, while the original had a small rectangle in the center of the cabinet, similar to Final Fight's design). In the late 90s, you could have had the actual cabinets for these prices. Now that a lot of the people who played these growing up have now reached points in their careers where they are making lots of money, and willing to shell out the bucks for a trip down nostalgia lane (or fulfilling a childhood fantasy), those days are long gone. This is the next best thing.

If you read Amazon reviews, there's a lot of complaints about joysticks failing, screen's blanking out, circuit boards fried.  That's the only thing holding me back from a $150 Galaga I've been eyeing at Walmart.  Any thoughts on those comments?  I'd hate to spend hours putting it together, only to find out it's bricked.  Then have to tear apart and cart it back to Walmart...LOL.

If you read Amazon reviews, there's a lot of complaints about joysticks failing, screen's blanking out, circuit boards fried. That's the only thing holding me back from a $150 Galaga I've been eyeing at Walmart. Any thoughts on those comments? I'd hate to spend hours putting it together, only to find out it's bricked. Then have to tear apart and cart it back to Walmart...LOL.
I'd buy it. I have purchased 4 Arcadef1up (SF2, Space Invaders, Mortal Kombat, Final Fight.) I've only had some buttons need replacement on the SF2 machine. Galaga is also a wave 2 Arcade1up so the build is a bit better.

Received a mail out from Sam's Club, a tremendous club, the very best of clubs I gotta tell you people. It's for the One Day Only Member's Sale on Dec 14th and it says the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition will be $449 which is $50 off. Which is tremendous, not as tremendous as $100 off, but still tremendous.

Received a mail out from Sam's Club, a tremendous club, the very best of clubs I gotta tell you people. It's for the One Day Only Member's Sale on Dec 14th and it says the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition will be $449 which is $50 off. Which is tremendous, not as tremendous as $100 off, but still tremendous.
It’s yuuuuuuge!

Supposedly there were limited edition cabinets with Sanwa buttons and light up marquees, but those were more expensive.
Yeah the Limited Edition Marvel Cabinet I believe has Sanwa parts. It is fairly easy to replace the buttons on these cabinets especially if you already have a six button configuration.

The Legends Ultimate is really tempting me. Can anyone who owns one tell me if it could be possible to use just the cabinet top without the base? The assembly video on their website makes it look like it should work. I currently have a homemade MAME Hyperspin countertop that's showing its age. I would love to replace it with one of these but I have 0 extra space. If I could ditch the LU's base with the ugly art and set it up in place of my countertop arcade I might pull the trigger... assuming I can find a friendly friend with a Sam's Club membership I can leech from

The Legends Ultimate is really tempting me. Can anyone who owns one tell me if it could be possible to use just the cabinet top without the base? The assembly video on their website makes it look like it should work. I currently have a homemade MAME Hyperspin countertop that's showing its age. I would love to replace it with one of these but I have 0 extra space. If I could ditch the LU's base with the ugly art and set it up in place of my countertop arcade I might pull the trigger... assuming I can find a friendly friend with a Sam's Club membership I can leech from
Seems like it would be cheaper to just update your current countertop.

I asked 3 Walmart employees who kept saying everything is out on the floor.  Finally a different one actually went to the back and found a Final Fight, but no Rampage.  For $150 with 4 games??  I grabbed it quick since it was the last one.  I'm gonna be at work all day today thinking about building it tonight...LOL!  

I tried to convince a manager to give me the $299 TMNT for $200 since another Walmart(20 miles away) had it for that price.  They couldn't do it, but suggested I do a Pick up in Store for the other store and reserve it there.  I went into the app and cursed, someone else grabbed the last one in stock.  It originally had stock.  I know one of you here grabbed it!  LOL.  I'm still eyeing the 5 Galaga's for $150 they still had in stock....hmm......

bread's done
Back