The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for Marvel Superheroes with no riser, Target still has them for $249.  I think I'm going to keep it unopened for a bit to see if Walmart starts having the riser version in stock soon for the holiday sales.   It's going to be hard though, its sitting in my living room next to the newly built Final Fight.  LOL.

If you are looking for Marvel Superheroes with no riser, Target still has them for $249. I think I'm going to keep it unopened for a bit to see if Walmart starts having the riser version in stock soon for the holiday sales. It's going to be hard though, its sitting in my living room next to the newly built Final Fight. LOL.
Either version. I am able to look at all the other cabinets, but the Marvel always shows no inventory. I like the idea about waiting for the riser version though.

Either version. I am able to look at all the other cabinets, but the Marvel always shows no inventory. I like the idea about waiting for the riser version though.
I think you can only get that from arcade1up’s website. They are only making 8,000 of them. I ordered it a month ago, but it hasn’t shipped yet.

I don't think it has a spinner, just the trackball. Crystal Castles is the big one it's missing from the full standup version.
Also Millipede, whose absence is inexcusable. There are also no buttons on the right. Space Invaders also lacks any other games, even though there were 5 other appropriate sequels/updates. Super Space Invaders '91 and DX would have been especially nice, as '91 featured powerups, bosses, and unique gameplay bits, such as having to defend cows from being abducted. DX was a remake of the original, but with the option to add several filters, such as simulated colored cellophane, the original planetary backdrop, or entirely new backdrops. It also had new modes, including head to head and using updated graphics. On both this model and the full standup, the controls are wrong. Actual SI cabinets (at least the version copied here, originally released by Midway) never used a control stick, only buttons to move.

I like the concept of the countercade, but the monitors look so small.  So much wasted space on the bezel makes it look off.  I think if I wanted something in this form factor I'd be smarter to just DIY my own with a retropi or a small form factor computer.   The art on the Centipede is always great to see though.

I like the concept of the countercade, but the monitors look so small. So much wasted space on the bezel makes it look off. I think if I wanted something in this form factor I'd be smarter to just DIY my own with a retropi or a small form factor computer. The art on the Centipede is always great to see though.
Yeah, I see the countercades as more display pieces than something you'd want to play often. They definitely look cool.

Yeah, I see the countercades as more display pieces than something you'd want to play often. They definitely look cool.
I built a small counter cade a few years ago. 7” screen I think. I could amseap put the screen and redo the wood and I THINK I can fit up to a 10” screen.

It’s definitely small, but it’s a single player and perfectly playable. I think the whole point is that it doesn’t take up too much counter space.

I have my countercade set on top of my beer fridge...

17" screen is very playable for 2 people. Not much extra room on the control deck to add spinners and a trackball, which is why I'm thinking about replacing it with the Legends Ultimate. Don't wanna lose that beer fridge though!

I have my countercade set on top of my beer fridge...

17" screen is very playable for 2 people. Not much extra room on the control deck to add spinners and a trackball, which is why I'm thinking about replacing it with the Legends Ultimate. Don't wanna lose that beer fridge though!
Why not build sides and a front on that bad boy? Make the fridge look like part of the cabinet. Would be slick.

Anybody know of any discount codes for the arcade1up website? Their shipping is crazy...$12 shipping for a $12.50 deck protector.
I’m pretty sure they don’t have any discount codes or discounts on shipping. I asked them about this when I was trying to get them to give me a break on the deck protectors which were no longer being given out for free and they said it was not possible.

That said, for some items, such as the deck protectors, buying multiples does not increase shipping. And I’ve seen some combinations of items that only charge the shipping for one of the items. But in most cases, each item has an insane shipping fee per item with no discounts for multiple different items.

It is a really lame and buggy order system, but in one case they had a glitch for a short time that let me buy multiple control decks and the shipping was only $1 for each (instead of $20 per deck).

Stopped by CostCo (San Diego) and saw Pac Mac cocktail cab for $429 (regular price, not discounted) and Golden Tee discounted to $299.99 (discount ending today) or $50 off. 

I broke down and called a few Target stores and found one with stock of the Marvel for $249. It’s sitting in my living room now. No special riser though. Where can you get that? It’s not sold on the 1up website.
Jealous. Saw one at our local Target as well but $50 off isn't appetizing enough. Waiting for it to be half off at the very least and I'm gonna jump on it.

Saw this earlier and was tempted until I found out how damn tiny the screen is. 8" isn't much larger than phones these days for a glorified cocktail tabletop. They've been up all day at this price and haven't sold out which means these are destined for $50 clearance. That's the only point I'd get one; just a ripoff otherwise IMO.

Shoot that’s getting close. $250 or less and I buy and deal with the repercussions later. I’d probably jump on that if amazon or maaaaybe target.
Can someone please enlighten me as to why Golden Tee is so popular? I'm perplexed as to why they'd even make a unit based on a golf game.
Street Fighter, I understand. This... utterly confused.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why Golden Tee is so popular? I'm perplexed as to why they'd even make a unit based on a golf game.
This was a staple in many bars for a couple decades.

Can you explain to me why street fighter is popular? I have zero interest in it.

As the other post said, golden tee was an absolute staple in bars. An extremely mainstream game that many bars had and non-gamers loved. A great game.

A very pickup and play game that anyone can play. The leaderboards tracking makes for great fun.

Many bets had been won and lost on Golden Tee.  LOL.  It was never my cup of tea, I was more of a Street Fighter guy but almost every bar I frequented had Golden Tee.   It's been almost impossible to find in the DC/MD/VA area....

The Star Wars got sold.  I'm kicking myself not picking it up on Monday when I had the chance.  

This was a staple in many bars for a couple decades.
Still is. I see Golden Tee at almost every bar. I do think the 1Up Cabinet would have been cooler if they had included one of the bowling games instead of one of the Golden Tee games on this cab.

I can’t speak for others, but my 5 year old son and I play Golden Tee almost every day. It’s a great game to play with up to 4 people that is simple to understand, yet difficult to master.

I can also play one handed which allows me to hold a beer when playing with my wife, dad, etc.

I do not have the Arcade1up cab though so I cannot speak to playing on it specifically.

Still is. I see Golden Tee at almost every bar. I do think the 1Up Cabinet would have been cooler if they had included one of the bowling games instead of one of the Golden Tee games on this cab.
Capcom Bowling is a great pairing! Marble Madness would be another cool add.

I'd love a Capcom Bowling cabinet, that game brings back some memories! I was thinking more like Silver Strike though since it's from the same team that does Golden Tee.

Can you explain to me why street fighter is popular? I have zero interest in it.

As the other post said, golden tee was an absolute staple in bars. An extremely mainstream game that many bars had and non-gamers loved. A great game.

A very pickup and play game that anyone can play. The leaderboards tracking makes for great fun.
Street Fighter is the most easily modded one due to the button layout. Its also SF so a lot of people really liked that game to being with. But I think most are buying to mod.

I broke down and got the HSN version of Marvel Superheroes.  $399 includes the light up marquee and light up buttons.  As a new buyer, I used NEW20 to get $20 off and they have free shipping.  Total: $402.79.

It beats waiting a month for the A1U LE version.  Yes, I know the LE version has Sanwa joystick and buttons, but I like the light up ones and wanted it before Xmas ;)

I guess I'll be carting the Target version back to the store and getting my $250 back.

Freehold, NJ Walmart has $198 TMNT cabs according to brickseek. 6+ in stock as of right now (allegedly).

World Class Bowling is my favorite. I also love Capcom Bowling (or the product placement spinoff, Coors Light Bowling), and Krazy Bowl. All are staples on my converted cabs with trackballs.

my sams is hiding the legends ultimate on the back wall stock # 980222707.

they refused to sell it to save for the event. they only have 1 boxed and the display unit (no thank you lol) and no more on order.

:(

my sams is hiding the legends ultimate on the back wall stock # 980222707.

they refused to sell it to save for the event. they only have 1 boxed and the display unit (no thank you lol) and no more on order.

:(
Wow that's some BS. Did anyone confirm if these will be available to order on their site next Saturday? I'm thinking it might be a better idea to order online instead of driving over an hour to camp out and fight over 1 or 2 cabinets.

So not sure if this is the first time it's being mentioned by the BF 20% off coupon at Target totally works on these. The Marvel cab I was eyeing earlier this week was still there and still $50 off. Took it up front along with the rest of our purchase and it knocked off another $50 from it. I'm happy with $200 for it unless it goes on clearance somewhere before the return window haha. Every year we treat ourselves to a "Santa" gift and this is the one. ;)

Just adding to the Golden Tee discussion. I work at a game store that also repairs and refurbishes old arcade cabinets. Any time we get a Golden Tee in we get a ton of interest and they usually sell within a week or so, and we often do repairs and help people upgrade to the later releases. They're crazy popular, most of the time with 50+ year olds who don't really play other games (e.g. boomers). It's just a different branch of the same market really.

I didn't realize 1up or whoever added them to the mini-cab lineup but if they know the market it would be an obvious series to try and get the license to. Really this new wave of stuff makes more sense to me than the Capcom and Space Invaders type stuff since these are generally being sold at big retailers and in malls. Most Street Fighter fans that would care enough to buy a cab either would want actual quality parts or are playing modern fighting games, and stuff like Final Fight is just more niche then most of the other cabs.

The recent TMNT cab is the kind of thing that makes way more sense in a mall selling setting, as does Golden Tee, and I would expect the Mortal Kombat machine would actually sell better than SF in that circumstance.

Just adding to the Golden Tee discussion. I work at a game store that also repairs and refurbishes old arcade cabinets. Any time we get a Golden Tee in we get a ton of interest and they usually sell within a week or so, and we often do repairs and help people upgrade to the later releases. They're crazy popular, most of the time with 50+ year olds who don't really play other games (e.g. boomers). It's just a different branch of the same market really.

I didn't realize 1up or whoever added them to the mini-cab lineup but if they know the market it would be an obvious series to try and get the license to. Really this new wave of stuff makes more sense to me than the Capcom and Space Invaders type stuff since these are generally being sold at big retailers and in malls. Most Street Fighter fans that would care enough to buy a cab either would want actual quality parts or are playing modern fighting games, and stuff like Final Fight is just more niche then most of the other cabs.

The recent TMNT cab is the kind of thing that makes way more sense in a mall selling setting, as does Golden Tee, and I would expect the Mortal Kombat machine would actually sell better than SF in that circumstance.
I'd argue that most people buying these are actually buying them for their kids to play since the controls are two feet off the ground. I can't picture many 50+ year olds wanting to play an arcade golf game while on their knees and I can't imagine any kids being excited to play a golf game over pretty much anything else.

My Legends Ultimate was supposed to be delivered yesterday, so I called Walmart and was informed it could be A. Being delivered Monday, B. Never shipped, C. Lost in shipment. D. Now on back order and not expected to arrive until mid January.

On the plus side they refunded $120, but I’d rather be playing it right now, or at least have some idea of what the plan is.

So when I Google search it shows Walmart has TMNT for $299 but my local Walmart has it fit $349. If I set my store to one of the zip codes that has it for a lower price will my Walmart price match it? Anyone know which zips have that price?

bread's done
Back