The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJ MAX in Geneseo, NY has a Galaga with custom riser for $199.00

Waiting on $150- drop on this but if anyone else wants it it's there as of today

Is $199 worth it for the Final Fight cab? I missed the Black Friday pricing on that one and I do have a $25 gc burning a hole in my pocket.

Been checking constantly the past week for one of these elusive clearanced units with no luck!
I picked one up (ha!) on black friday for $150. I think it’s a piece of junk. Junk joystick that occasionally feels like letting you move left. Mono sound. Worst of all is the scaling is atrocious. Final Fight isnt too bad, but the reason I really wanted the thing was for 1944 and its damn near unplayable because of all the shimmering.

I guess it all comes down to expectations. If you’re the sort of person that will plug a snes into a 4k screen and it’s “good enough,” then you probably wont care how shoddy the arcade1up is. But if you’d like the presentation to mirror the actual arcade, well, this doesnt do that.

I picked one up (ha!) on black friday for $150. I think it’s a piece of junk. Junk joystick that occasionally feels like letting you move left. Mono sound. Worst of all is the scaling is atrocious. Final Fight isnt too bad, but the reason I really wanted the thing was for 1944 and its damn near unplayable because of all the shimmering.

I guess it all comes down to expectations. If you’re the sort of person that will plug a snes into a 4k screen and it’s “good enough,” then you probably wont care how shoddy the arcade1up is. But if you’d like the presentation to mirror the actual arcade, well, this doesnt do that.
Woah. I am waiting for this to go down to $100 or less and have wanted it for months now. You about talked me out of it and I am hesitating to buy it now. 1944 is the game I look forward to the most on it, but I still love the other games on the machine.

Welp. I can no longer say I’ve never seen a golden tee in store. Stopped by a Walmart today and all they had was Golden Tee and TMNT. Both full price. Website and brickseek said limited stock. Had 3 of each.

Woah. I am waiting for this to go down to $100 or less and have wanted it for months now. You about talked me out of it and I am hesitating to buy it now. 1944 is the game I look forward to the most on it, but I still love the other games on the machine.
Maybe he has a buggy LCD or simply expects the exact experience he had playing a full-size CRT arcade cabinet, but I have the FF cab and i and my kids have been having a blast with it. Some say you can get an original can for something like $300 so the A1up cabs aren’t with anything near that, but many of those in this forum would disagree.

Yeah, I have the Final Fight cab and I've played 1944 many times. I haven't noticed any "shimmering". Seemed fine to me and I am after all the most stable of stable geniuses.

Yeah, I have the Final Fight cab and I've played 1944 many times. I haven't noticed any "shimmering". Seemed fine to me and I am after all the most stable of stable geniuses.
I've never even heard the word "shimmering" used to describe an arcade defect. I do not think that word means what that guy thinks it means.

If anyone finds a tmnt cab within 2 hours of Syracuse NY (I see lots of NY people) for 200 and you grab it for me I will drive to you with cash, a six pack and kiss you on the mouth if you want.

It’s not an “arcade” defect, it’s a scaling one. Has to do with non-square pixels being forced into being square ones because crts displayed games differently than lcd do. Like I said, some people wont care. Maybe not even notice. Just like some people like their tv’s making everything look like a soap opera. Or how some people like playing 4:3 games stretched out to 16:9. I’m not going to say that anyone that has one of these and says they like it are lying- just that I guess they arent as discerning as I am and others are.
Not Final Fight, but here’s a thing mentioning the shimmering in Street Fighter. https://www.retrorgb.com/arcade1up-street-fighter-cab-emulation-issues.html

If you look at the comments for this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJJ56NaH1s a guy named Ray Commend mentioned issues with 1944’s emulation, and that’s from 8 months ago.

If you know what/who My Life In Gaming is/are they’ve talked about the crappy scaling on these things as well during an unrelated livestream.

So anyway, it’s not something I’m making up just to be contrarian.

Found a Final Fight cab for $99 at my local Walmart Sunday morning.  Didn't have a clearance sticker on it.  Was just a normal one that actually said $99, so I almost missed it.  They said they had found it in a "bin" so they were trying to get rid of it.  So far I've gotten Street Fighter for $74 and now Final Fight for $99.  Now if only a Galaga cab would drop below $100.

So anyway, it’s not something I’m making up just to be contrarian.
It's also not a real concern for 99% of us. Anybody this discerning about their Final Fight shouldn't be looking into any kind of emulation. They should be hunting down an original Final Fight cab with the original CRT in it...good luck.

What most of want to know is, "Is it still fun to beat up Andre the Giant, hookers, and comically overweight kung fu guys?"

It is.

I haven't had any issues with my Final Fight cabinet. I play 1944 all the time and have a great time with it, yeah it isn't arcade perfect, but I didn't expect that with a $200 Arcade 1Up. Sounds like you want the real deal, which is great but good luck getting a real Final Fight cabinet for $200.

The NBA Jam cabinet is very appealing with the online, doubt I will pick one up but my brother definitely will so I look forward to checking it out. That Golden Axe cabinet could be really cool too, interested in what that looks like.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-burger-time-arcade-cabinet-nba-jam-with-online/1100-6472495/

Couple new announcements. That Burger Time cab looks very slick, and NBA Jam with 4 player online with 4 different cabs is a brilliant idea
Kinda odd there was no mention of the Capcom cab with Marvel Vs. Capcom. I saw some pics of early CES 2020 leaks on youtube that showed a cab with Marvel Vs. Capcom, Big Game Hunter, and a stand-up version of the Pac-Man cocktail cabinet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-sHv-MGxo

Regardless of how cheap we get these things, that doesnt change the fact that they were/are being sold for $300. Out of all the ignorant stuff I’ve read on this forum, the chorus of “well sounds like you want a real cabinet” certainly ranks high. I dont want a real cabinet; I have enough already. I specifically wanted a small fake cabinet, which is why I bought one. I do want my $300 fake arcade cabinet to have decent emulation, which has existed for two decades. I do want my $300 fake arcade cabinet to have a joystick that does the magic of moving left Every Time I Push The Stick Left- consistently. I’m pointing out legitimate issues with the thing (didn’t even mention the several scratches on the screen, since they’re not really noticeable when it’s running), if you’re happy with it as is, congrats. Some people may not be, and they deserve to have as much transparency as possible.

If anyone finds a tmnt cab within 2 hours of Syracuse NY (I see lots of NY people) for 200 and you grab it for me I will drive to you with cash, a six pack and kiss you on the mouth if you want.
I can do without the kiss....But, I'll keep you in mind when I find one as I'm only looking for one myself at that price point in Syracuse. I have a couple stores covered and checked in store on a daily basis and random others checked throughout the week.

Man if they make a Marvel Vs Capcom 1 or 2 Cab, or a Capcom Vs SNK Cab, I'd buy it day 1 for full MSRP. Those games were my childhood in the arcades, even moreso than Simpson's and X-Men and TMNT.

Regardless of how cheap we get these things, that doesnt change the fact that they were/are being sold for $300. Out of all the ignorant stuff I’ve read on this forum, the chorus of “well sounds like you want a real cabinet” certainly ranks high. I dont want a real cabinet; I have enough already. I specifically wanted a small fake cabinet, which is why I bought one. I do want my $300 fake arcade cabinet to have decent emulation, which has existed for two decades. I do want my $300 fake arcade cabinet to have a joystick that does the magic of moving left Every Time I Push The Stick Left- consistently. I’m pointing out legitimate issues with the thing (didn’t even mention the several scratches on the screen, since they’re not really noticeable when it’s running), if you’re happy with it as is, congrats. Some people may not be, and they deserve to have as much transparency as possible.
Honestly, I've found your thoughts to be on the up and up, and your personal take on what you paid for, but you'll always get the group who needs to defend their own purchases no matter what. I actually played the TMNT with my son at Walmart a few days ago, and the far right joystick did exactly what you described. I would want to go right, and "exit stage left" was all I got. LOL

With all the glowing reviews here most of the time, I seriously doubt many would look at a few negative reviews and say I don't want this, but they could(as that's what knowledge provides, an informed decision). And why's that a problem? Many here are very "perfection" minded, as I've seen more than a fair share of issues with lose disc, shrink wrap quality and the like. I'm sure many would like to know if emulation is off, or that a joystick is janky, etc.

I personally find these to be rather low in quality, but for the price, I completely understand the short comings, and why many don't mind, but others do. I've actually learned many things here in the "negative", that was information I had no idea of, like Gauntlet only allowing for 2 players, even when having more joysticks available. Once again, I understand why this is, but it was good info to have, same with what others may find to not be that great.

I just personally haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned with my Final Fight cabinet. I am happy with the Arcade 1Up for the $200 I paid for it, but realistically I am going to inevitably mod the thing and put higher quality sticks, buttons, speakers, etc. and will probably end spending as much money modding this thing that I could have just bought a real full size cabinet instead. The appeal for the Arcade 1Up for me is the smaller form factor though as it makes it much easier to move around.

I'll be the last person to argue that these cabs are worth their $300 - $500 retail price since the most I've paid for any of the 8 cabs I bought was $150 for the Galaga cabinet (the rest I've picked up for $75 each). And even then, I'd have to say the quality of the early discounted cabs I bought was pretty poor (out of 8 cabs I've had 3 LCD screens replaced and a few other issues...fortunately under warranty, but it still took weeks/months to get the replacements). The controls are also of relatively poor quality, but fortunately they can be replaced pretty easily if you are having major issues.

That said, for $100 -$200 they are a great way for someone to get a cab that can be a lot of fun to play as-is (if you like the set of games it comes with), and provide the basis for a great RetroPie mod that can be even more fun.

If you have full-size cabs with CRTs, then you have a great reference point to compare them to and I can understand why things that few others would notice might stand out to you and be disappointing. But for most people (such as the poster I responded to), I think they will probably be pretty satisfied if they can get one on sale as long as they know what they are getting into....and I think everyone's posts together provide a pretty balanced view of what someone would be getting. I just hadn't seen/heard anything about the "shimmering" issue you mentioned in any of the other posts I've read nor in any of the 10 LCDs I've had, which is why I commented on it. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I'm thinking most people probably won't notice it.

I have Final Fight on Switch, RPI, and the A1up, and the one that it is funnest to play on by far is the A1up.

By the way, for reference I also have a real KI2 machine that, while my one of my favorite games ever, weighs 10,000 lbs, takes up half my room, has terrible artwork, and is a frustrating rats nest to navigate through if you ever have to go inside of it for anything. Although A1up is obviously inferior in build quality, there is something to be said about the intrinsic value something that provides I'd say 80-90% of the "arcade experience" with about 90% less cost/hassel.

I've yet to pay full cash price on any of the 6 1ups I own and I never will. I think the MSRP is too high, they should be about $100 cheaper than they are. The riser prices are the most ridiculous IMO. 

The smile on my son's face when he walks into our game room and turns them on is pretty priceless.

It sounds like you got a lemon and need to contact the company. A joystick which doesn't fully work is a broken component problem and not a general build quality problem. They should be able to send you a new joystick. The screen may also be a bad component. My Asteroids doesn't have any type of flicker issue and I haven't really heard of that being much of a problem so once again it sounds like a bad component. As you've pointed out, these are cheaply built units.

I've yet to pay full cash price on any of the 6 1ups I own and I never will. I think the MSRP is too high, they should be about $100 cheaper than they are. The riser prices are the most ridiculous IMO.

The smile on my son's face when he walks into our game room and turns them on is pretty priceless.
My kids (7 and 5) have had a blast with the Final Fight cab. It has 2 simultaneous 2-player games (Final Fight and 1944) and 2 alternating 2-player games (Ghost & Goblins and Strider), all of which are pretty solid games (though G&G is a tough bastard).

Pictures of the new Golden Axe/ Sega Arcade1up have hit instagram. Looks like the TMNT layout with the Revenge of Death Adder graphics all over it. I am very interested, needs a Sega marquee on it though instead.

I have Final Fight on Switch, RPI, and the A1up, and the one that it is funnest to play on by far is the A1up.

By the way, for reference I also have a real KI2 machine that, while my one of my favorite games ever, weighs 10,000 lbs, takes up half my room, has terrible artwork, and is a frustrating rats nest to navigate through if you ever have to go inside of it for anything. Although A1up is obviously inferior in build quality, there is something to be said about the intrinsic value something that provides I'd say 80-90% of the "arcade experience" with about 90% less cost/hassel.
I have a KI2 cabinet too

They are 400lbs and simple to move with 2 people and a dolly, including up/down stairs.

And if your inside is a rats nest, then either you messed it up or whoever owned it before messed it up. Inside most midway cabinets is nothing but a shitload of empty space.

As shitty as these A1up cabs are, I'm glad I found out about them because it got my love for arcade cabinets back in full effect, especially after seeing how crappy the A1ups are. The pictures are very deceiving too cause you can't tell how small they are without any reference.

But thanks to them, I am about to pick up 2 Rush 2049 cabinets and in the market for an Area 51 or Maximum Force cabinet now too.

MvC cab you say? Hope it has 2 on there in the final build otherwise I'm inclined to wait. Hoping they do a special edition for that one since I want it fully lit and awesome looking. I'd mod that cab for sure.

Arcade1Up has shown a bunch of new stuff at CES, including upgraded SFII and Star Wars, and cabs of Pacman and Asteroids with more games than before. Galaga is included on the Pacman machine. I'd watch for the original releases of these to get clearanced if you haven't been able to get one yet.

Arcade1Up has shown a bunch of new stuff at CES, including upgraded SFII and Star Wars, and cabs of Pacman and Asteroids with more games than before. Galaga is included on the Pacman machine. I'd watch for the original releases of these to get clearanced if you haven't been able to get one yet.
Any news on upgraded MK machines? Or if they plan or restocking the Costco version?

I really want the TMNT and / or Marvel cabinets to hit $200 near me.  I went into a store this week that had an assembled TMNT on display and it only made me want it even more.  I received the MK machine for Christmas and I love the way it looks in the family room even with the generic 1up riser.  I can likely only fit one or two more, so I'm holding out hope that I can get an eventual deal on these two.

I do own an MK1 arcade machine (no side artwork) that I bought about 13 or 14 years ago, but it's been at the office where I work for years and I have no interest in moving it ever again.  Some of the buttons are unresponsive at times, among a few other things.  I had a guy quote me $250 to fix it, but I only paid $225 for the machine in the first place.

Kinda odd there was no mention of the Capcom cab with Marvel Vs. Capcom. I saw some pics of early CES 2020 leaks on youtube that showed a cab with Marvel Vs. Capcom, Big Game Hunter, and a stand-up version of the Pac-Man cocktail cabinet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-sHv-MGxo
Those were mock-up cabs that are not official (yet). Maybe E3? Or might be awhile.

What was shown today is the following:

NBA Jam 4 player (Jam, TE & Hangtime)
(2) Virtual Pinball Games
Burger time cab
Sega Cab (Golden Axe, etc...)
Update Games (Street Fighter, Asteroids Deluxe, Golden Tee & the Mortal Kombat Costco Bundle) Upgrades included Light up marquees, upgraded controls, LED Buttons & additional game on the Golden Tee (Bowling)
Frogger
New Pac-Man 40th Anniversary cab that added a couple more pac-man games & galaga.
New Wallcade version 2s & cabcade v2. Lower price point.
Sit-down version of star wars - Will be a optional add later for those that have it already.
Giant Joysticks (Atari & a PAC-MAN)
Micro & small retro style games

Theres a handful of videos that have the guys from Arcade1up discussing things & going over the new games/updates.

No clue--I've just been checking out YouTube videos on their booth. I'm hoping they do an upgraded MK so I can grab the old one for cheap though!
I just snagged an unopened Costco one off Craiglist for $350. Can't decide whether to open and build or keep sealed and resell. No Costco near me seems to be carrying this anymore.

Those were mock-up cabs that are not official (yet). Maybe E3? Or might be awhile.

What was shown today is the following:

NBA Jam 4 player (Jam, TE & Hangtime)
(2) Virtual Pinball Games
Burger time cab
Sega Cab (Golden Axe, etc...)
Update Games (Street Fighter, Asteroids Deluxe, Golden Tee & the Mortal Kombat Costco Bundle) Upgrades included Light up marquees, upgraded controls, LED Buttons & additional game on the Golden Tee (Bowling)
Frogger
New Pac-Man 40th Anniversary cab that added a couple more pac-man games & galaga.
New Wallcade version 2s & cabcade v2. Lower price point.
Sit-down version of star wars - Will be a optional add later for those that have it already.
Giant Joysticks (Atari & a PAC-MAN)
Micro & small retro style games

Theres a handful of videos that have the guys from Arcade1up discussing things & going over the new games/updates.

FYI- the Arcade1up rep specifically said in a live stream (retro Ralph or cooltoy, I don’t recall) that the bar top cabinets would be priced at $99.

FYI- the Arcade1up rep specifically said in a live stream (retro Ralph or cooltoy, I don’t recall) that the bar top cabinets would be priced at $99.
I saw Retro Ralph mention that. Definitely will consider picking one up at $99, much more appealing price for those countercades.

Really love the look of that Golden Axe cabinet too, it is the nicest one they have done thus far IMO.

It was Retro Ralph. The A1U spokesman said the new countercades are $99, but physically smaller than the prior models and with a slightly smaller screen. Considering the second most common complaint of the countercades after the price was the small screen, I'm not sure if the $99 countercades are going to do any better.

Excited about NBA Jam. I read it is the original rosters minus those that couldn't get licensed. Will have to see what percent that actually ends up being. With online play, I imagine this is going to be expensive then also worry A1U will remove players when the contract expires like iOS NBA Jam does. I'd settle for a cheaper non-online version.

Still no Ms. Pac-Man. That's what I want to see on Pac-Man 40th edition!

Yeah, based on some past discussions here, Ms. Pac-Man seems to have some licensing issues to deal with, that may be a hurdle to overcome. I recently got my Ms. Pac-Man Quarter Arcade from Numskull, so no telling what the rights might be for all these situations in certain regions. That title for sure seems to be a HUGE missed opportunity, so I'm sure if it could be done, it would be, as that's probably the best of all the "Pac" titles hands down.

Excited about NBA Jam. I read it is the original rosters minus those that couldn't get licensed. Will have to see what percent that actually ends up being. With online play, I imagine this is going to be expensive then also worry A1U will remove players when the contract expires like iOS NBA Jam does. I'd settle for a cheaper non-online version.

I'd bet on the NBA Jam and Golden Axe cabinets to both retail for $399. Like most of you I will wait for a deal on the Golden Axe, I can't see myself ever buying one of these for much more than $200.

I'd bet on the NBA Jam and Golden Axe cabinets to both retail for $399. Like most of you I will wait for a deal on the Golden Axe, I can't see myself ever buying one of these for much more than $200.
I think nba jam at $399 was mentioned somewhere. I’d love that nba jam and that golden axe, but I’m officially out of room.

I’ll definitely pick up a golden tee/bowling cabinet. That’ll leave me with 3 cabinets, a pinball, and a cocktail cabinet I’m building. I’m good. And I’ll get to stay married. :)

I feel as if not adding Golden Axe: The Duel on the Golden Axe cab was a missed opportunity to have all the arcade Golden Axe games in 1 place, Probably due to the button layout, but still

bread's done
Back