The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished building the Pac-Man w/ Riser I got from Marshalls for $199.  NBA Jam would be awesome!  Now I need to reorganize the living room a bit more, clean up some more clutter to make room for NBA Jam and possibly Star Wars.  Thanks to A1Up and this forum.....for helping me clean up clutter in my house.  LOL.  Final Fight (w/ Galaga mod), Marvel HSN Edition, MK2 and Pac-Man so far.  I was looking for Rampage but could never find it.  

It's funny, my friends think I paid an arm and an leg for all this.  Thanks to you all, I didn't.  $150 FF, $199 MK, $199 Pac-Man and $399 for Marvel (simply because I'm a huge fan and wanted the special light up buttons, marquee and riser).  Not a bad haul.  

I've never seen anything for $75 or $100 in my area in stock so I'm just happy to get these on sale.

If they did a cabinet of the Capcom D&D games, King of the Dragons, and Knights of the Round it would be an absolute must-have for me.
I think they need to focus on more 1 player (or 2 player alternating) games where high scores actually matter. And by matter I mean aren't completely irrelevant due to free play (such as respawning in the samed place with free play and your score continues acculating, like Final Fight). I thought all these multiplayer games were great and until I actually played one with another adult the other day and the first thought that hit me was, "dude, how *&^*! cramped is this!" It's almost made me fear getting a 4 player cab because I can only imagine how crammed that would be.

Ghost and Goblins, which I traditional never liked that much because of the difficulty, has actually become one of my favorite games due to the high score aspect. It's also made me rethink some of the older ones like Galaga that I never wanted to bother with, but something with like 10 games or so (instead of 2) would be ideal.

On that note, a Mr. Do cabinet would be incredible.

I think nba jam at $399 was mentioned somewhere. I’d love that nba jam and that golden axe, but I’m officially out of room.
I've said that, but now I'm wondering if I can just put these in front of some windows in my game room. I thought that would look bad to have them block windows, but what do I care? The view is just of a neighbor's house behind us and the blinds are always closed anyway!

Still, it feels like I'm collecting these things (and my primary purpose is really decoration). I can't get them all. I keep hoping they will just go out of business so I can quit. I wish I knew their plans. At least this year does not seem bad. There are no real "must haves" for me. I can see me getting the Sega Golden Axe cab, though. I do like BurgerTime. I already have one of those full-sized cabs with the Jamma 60-in-1 boards that a local rec room store somehow gets away with selling and it has some of these games, but the cab itself sure doesn't look as good (and I'm not sure the emulation is as good, either).

I can't believe they haven't come up with a riser for the cocktail machines. I saw the CES video and there were those stools on each end of the cocktail tables. I was surprised they would bother to put them out given how wrong they seem.

Found this article saying it is $399, though its more of an embedded tweet. Was worried it'd be more to capture the 'value of online'.

Here's info on the rosters:

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/1214906386175315969

With the possibility to update the OG rosters as they continue to attain rights, there's also the possibility to delete players when they lose rights...

With the possibility to update the OG rosters as they continue to attain rights, there's also the possibility to delete players when they lose rights...
OTOH, the fact NBA Jam will be coming with a PCB capable of receiving ROM patches potentially opens up hardware-free modding possibilities.

After craving for Galaga I finally sniped it. It was at TJ Maxxx. Earlier this week I inquired about the Galaga machine which was $199 on markdown. The clerk said it just got marked down and lots of people have been oogling at it. I said okay ill check back and for the hell of it went back 2 days later and for $139.99 with the custom riser I had to have it. Wooo now I have 5 Arcade1up.

I think $399 for NBA Jam is a fair price with the 4 player controls & Riser.
Hopefully they can get the rosters finalized. Im curious who the players are they havent gotten.

Edit: Guessing these are the players for NBA Jam (Michael Jordan's name or likeness (as Jordan himself owns the rights to his name and likeness and not the NBA), and as such he was not available as a player for the Chicago Bulls or any other team. Another notable absence from the home versions is Shaquille O'Neal, who was in the arcade version as a member of the Orlando Magic (and who later followed in Jordan's footsteps in buying his name and likeness from the NBA). New Jersey Nets guard Dražen Petrović and Boston Celtics forward Reggie Lewis,

Since it says 3 I dont think its MJ as he was not in the game at all. I do know Barkley had sued I believe later so I wonder if he is one of the 3.

If they are able to update cabs later I wonder if they could do DLC such as adding New players later if they could get the rights to current players.

I guess my only complaint with the cab is its only NBA. I know the NFL Blitz wouldn't happen due to the lawsuits with concussions and what not so they dont want to glorify it. I wonder if the NHL has the same issues as I wouldn't have minded seeing 2on2 Open Ice

Im running out or room in my mancave (7 A1UPs & 1 Full Size MAME). I might be able to get a couple more so Im trying to be selective as to what cabs I add. From what we seen at CES I think NBA Jam & the updated Golden Tee might be the only 2 I add in the near future.

Im still hoping they do:
Racing Game Cab 1 - 3 Player Super Sprint / Super Offroad cab.
Racing Game Cab 2 - Crusin USA / Cruisin World
You can mix in Outrun & Daytona USA as well

Another 4 Player Game - Xmen, Captain America & the Avengers & maybe Simpsons or Sunset Riders

Light Gun Cab - Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2, Area 51

I think they need to focus on more 1 player (or 2 player alternating) games where high scores actually matter. And by matter I mean aren't completely irrelevant due to free play (such as respawning in the samed place with free play and your score continues acculating, like Final Fight). I thought all these multiplayer games were great and until I actually played one with another adult the other day and the first thought that hit me was, "dude, how *&^*! cramped is this!" It's almost made me fear getting a 4 player cab because I can only imagine how crammed that would be.

Ghost and Goblins, which I traditional never liked that much because of the difficulty, has actually become one of my favorite games due to the high score aspect. It's also made me rethink some of the older ones like Galaga that I never wanted to bother with, but something with like 10 games or so (instead of 2) would be ideal.

On that note, a Mr. Do cabinet would be incredible.
I love the arcade archives games’ caravan mode on switch (5 minute limit or game over) The high score on a limited amount of time and no continues provides a different way to appreciate high scores (such as in time pilot) and negate cheaters and/or mlg pro 9999999999

I really like both ghosts n goblins as well as ghouls in ghosts. My current dream is to finally learn how to play well at Kung Fu Master....that game is right up there with gng as far as challenge

as an aside, if you all have a decent computer, a decent wifi network, and a legends ultimate arcade machine then the local streaming feature works pretty well with the coinops next frontend.

might want to use the arcade edition for streaming, but the latency is negligible and allows for games that the legends ultimate and/or pi cannot run (or have issues) such as nfl blitz, games with samples (dk), as well as later systems such as dreamcast with the full frontend (crazy taxi, daytona usa, etc)

it works fairly well out of the box w/o configuration for arcade games. later systems default config is for a xbox gamepad (haven’t attempted reconfiguration as of yet)

i was playing punch-out!! wii and having a blast (need to reconfigure its controls at some point since i was only able to punch left handed and star punch...still kickin butt though)

also ultra street fighter 4 is included and played good with minimal latency as well

Im still hoping they do:

I’d buy a cabinet that had Daytona racing on it and nothing else. In a heartbeat. I’d find room. Maybe Daytona 1 and Daytona 2. Maybe Daytona 1 and Virtua Racing. O my, just thinking about that.

I'm going to be picking up an Area 51 or Maximum Force cabinet in the near future and install a switcher so I can have 6 light gun games in there.  I plan on the A51/Max Force combo board, Area 51 Site 4, Police Trainer, Lethal Enforcers, Point Blank, and I may try to do Time Crisis if I can get some pedal to hookup. 

I'm going to be picking up an Area 51 or Maximum Force cabinet in the near future and install a switcher so I can have 6 light gun games in there. I plan on the A51/Max Force combo board, Area 51 Site 4, Police Trainer, Lethal Enforcers, Point Blank, and I may try to do Time Crisis if I can get some pedal to hookup.
My vote goes to carnevil!

NFL Blitz would be amazing combined with NBA Jam. Too bad it’s not going to have Shaq though.
No denying that, but I imagine the licensing to get NBA and NFL together on a cabinet would be difficult. I could definitely see them doing a stand-alone Blitz at some point.

I am not a big enough fan of the NBA or NFL to really care that much on what players make it into the game or not as long as it plays how I remember it and they have the teams.

No denying that, but I imagine the licensing to get NBA and NFL together on a cabinet would be difficult. I could definitely see them doing a stand-alone Blitz at some point.

I am not a big enough fan of the NBA or NFL to really care that much on what players make it into the game or not as long as it plays how I remember it and they have the teams.
I’d be pleasantly surprised if nfl blitz happened, but i doubt it since the arcade version requires beefier hardware than you’ll likely find in any of these cabs (unless they make a premium cab at a premium price)

I’d be pleasantly surprised if nfl blitz happened, but i doubt it since the arcade version requires beefier hardware than you’ll likely find in any of these cabs (unless they make a premium cab at a premium price)
Arcade 1Up seems to be doing pretty well for themselves and I think they've started to realize the bread and butter for them are collectors and the modding community who would pay for a more premium product. Looking at how they are upgrading the older cabinets to include things like light-up marquess, better sticks, buttons, LEDs, etc. I could definitely see them release a line of premium, even possibly full-size cabinets. I think they'd easily be able to sell a premium cabinet and it could open the door to more complex cabinets like a Daytona USA or something, I'd kill for a Crazy Taxi cabinet with the wheel and pedals.

I've said that, but now I'm wondering if I can just put these in front of some windows in my game room. I thought that would look bad to have them block windows, but what do I care? The view is just of a neighbor's house behind us and the blinds are always closed anyway!

Still, it feels like I'm collecting these things (and my primary purpose is really decoration). I can't get them all. I keep hoping they will just go out of business so I can quit. I wish I knew their plans. At least this year does not seem bad. There are no real "must haves" for me. I can see me getting the Sega Golden Axe cab, though. I do like BurgerTime. I already have one of those full-sized cabs with the Jamma 60-in-1 boards that a local rec room store somehow gets away with selling and it has some of these games, but the cab itself sure doesn't look as good (and I'm not sure the emulation is as good, either).

I can't believe they haven't come up with a riser for the cocktail machines. I saw the CES video and there were those stools on each end of the cocktail tables. I was surprised they would bother to put them out given how wrong they seem.
The logic behind my reasoning on which to buy and which to avoid:

1.) Number of Games included: This is why I previously wanted the 12-in-1 until I saw the Legends Ultimate. Seeing how the Legends cab is non-existent at the moment unless I want to spend Oprah money on ebay I'm going to wait a bit.

2.) The genre: I wouldn't flood my selection with the same type of game. This is what makes me want Star Wars and Golden Tee, since they are niche games.

3.) Games that make it fun to chase a high-score: Beatable games are fun and all but after you've conquered them a few times the replay value dwindles. Fighters have appeal here as do the classic arcade games (Joust being my personal favorite of all-time). I really wish they could do a Popeye but that isn't happening.

1.) Number of Games included: This is why I previously wanted the 12-in-1 until I saw the Legends Ultimate. Seeing how the Legends cab is non-existent at the moment unless I want to spend Oprah money on ebay I'm going to wait a bit.

2.) The genre: I wouldn't flood my selection with the same type of game. This is what makes me want Star Wars and Golden Tee, since they are niche games.

3.) Games that make it fun to chase a high-score: Beatable games are fun and all but after you've conquered them a few times the replay value dwindles. Fighters have appeal here as do the classic arcade games (Joust being my personal favorite of all-time). I really wish they could do a Popeye but that isn't happening.
I'm 100% with you on #3. My goal is to get one vertical screen cab and dedicate it to all the high score classics like Donkey King, Galaga, etc. Problem is everyone points to RPI mods and a major problem I've had in the past is my kids or a guest always figuring out a way to get into settings menus and screwing things up. I basically want something that boots you onto a hyperspin-like game select screen with an attract mode and has all the games listed with no further drill down and inability for people to access retropie or retroarch settings. Anyone seen an image like that?

Arcade 1Up seems to be doing pretty well for themselves and I think they've started to realize the bread and butter for them are collectors and the modding community who would pay for a more premium product. Looking at how they are upgrading the older cabinets to include things like light-up marquess, better sticks, buttons, LEDs, etc. I could definitely see them release a line of premium, even possibly full-size cabinets. I think they'd easily be able to sell a premium cabinet and it could open the door to more complex cabinets like a Daytona USA or something, I'd kill for a Crazy Taxi cabinet with the wheel and pedals.
I wonder how much these really appeal to collectors. I usually fall into that category, but these pretty much don't conform to the usual collector mentality. These are pretty big to keep sealed (and the exterior boxes aren't ever in exactly great shape) and once assembled I have no idea how they'd be easily sold. When they list these limited cabs like BurgerTime, what can I hope for? It increases in value? Then how do I get rid of it? I already have run into that. If I ever need more room, the MKII cab would be the first to go. But.... where does it go? Craigslist? Garage Sale? The curb?

I agree that games with high-scores are a big deal for me with these cabinets. I like my Final Fight cabinet due to the variety, but Final Fight itself is a game that you can just beat and it's always been fun, but I have beaten Final Fight literally hundreds of times over the years on consoles, arcade, etc. 

With the new countercades retailing for $99 I am thinking about picking one up to mod for vertical games as I think it would be perfect for shooters. I also eventually will mod my Final Fight cabinet, but once I started looking into it and realized it will cost more to mod than the whole cabinet cost I haven't been in a rush to do it. 

I'm 100% with you on #3. My goal is to get one vertical screen cab and dedicate it to all the high score classics like Donkey King, Galaga, etc. Problem is everyone points to RPI mods and a major problem I've had in the past is my kids or a guest always figuring out a way to get into settings menus and screwing things up. I basically want something that boots you onto a hyperspin-like game select screen with an attract mode and has all the games listed with no further drill down and inability for people to access retropie or retroarch settings. Anyone seen an image like that?
For #3, I’d love a slim pinup arcade cab for both video pinball and 3x4 classic arcade games...found 2 but they are pricey.

Besides legends ultimate, I have an xarcade dual tankstick with trackball that i connect to my pc.

I rotate a 27” monitor vertical for 3x4 classics and capcom bowling and use gamex arcade edition frontend that “just works” with the tankstick.

I also use the tankstick pinball buttons and vertical monitor for video pinball (such as pinball fx3)

I wonder how much these really appeal to collectors. I usually fall into that category, but these pretty much don't conform to the usual collector mentality. These are pretty big to keep sealed (and the exterior boxes aren't ever in exactly great shape) and once assembled I have no idea how they'd be easily sold. When they list these limited cabs like BurgerTime, what can I hope for? It increases in value? Then how do I get rid of it? I already have run into that. If I ever need more room, the MKII cab would be the first to go. But.... where does it go? Craigslist? Garage Sale? The curb?
These are for a different type of collector. Arcade 1Ups appeal to those of us with basements, Man Caves, Game Rooms, etc. Collecting them is also contingent on the space you have for them. I personally can only fit one more of these things in my current Game Room without it being too cluttered. Ultimately I plan to mod the Final Fight I have for more traditional arcade games and then I would like to get a countercade to mod for vertical games. This would leave me with enough space to either get another cabinet or one of the pinball tables, which look very cool but will surely cost at the very least $399.

As far as selling these things goes. I would imagine apps like Offer Up and Craigslist would be the best bets as you'd be better off selling locally.

I think these appeal to collectors that don't think ahead to maybe wanting to get rid of it one day. There was a long part of my life where the though of selling games never was a factor. My guess is, ultimately these will end up in landfills as the parts break. Especially the A1Up stuff that tends to not hold up well to repeatedly being taken apart for fixing.

So far I've bought none of these machines. The only one that I'm seriously considering right now is the atgames legends ultimate because it's easily expandable and the base library is legal licensed stuff. But all these machines have made me consider just building my own. Maybe make it out of square tube and weld it together so it's streamlined and I can put the display on a mount for easier transition to vertical games. So more of a custom kiosk than a replica of an arcade form.

Instead of a Pi why not upgrade to the 60-1 board?

I was actually looking at that today as it hit home as the perfect number of classic, simple games geared towards high score retention. Then I saw 2 things that immediately turned me off:

1) The game select UI is absolutely attrocious. Only a few games per page and they're not grouped well.
2) Some (or maybe all?) of the games that retain high scores do in fact save your high scores, but not your initials...! This kills the whole aspect for me.

They don't appeal to collectors at all. Go read any arcade forums. They LOL at these things and rightfully so. They aren't even comparable to real arcade machines, like not in the least. That said, they still have their place as seen by this thread alone. But that place isn't for collectors of real arcade machines.

There seems to be a majority vibe about them on arcade forums though that these could introduce more people to the real arcade hobby which is a good thing.

The problem with authentic arcade "collecting" is that it is insanely expensive, inconvenient, and kind of messy. Original arcade games are stored on excessively large PCBs that require their own power sources. The monitors necessary for running them are prohibitively expensive, large, and heavy. And original arcade cabinets tend to be produced from relatively low-quality materials, inundated with smoke and various other undesirable odors, and don't hold up well to long-term storage or wear-and-tear. The durability of the controls is one of the only up-sides, and that can be augmented in more modern hardware. While there is a certain appeal, it's also not very practical for the vast majority of consumers.

Custom arcade cabinets and MAME-style emulation cabinets are considerably more practical, work with modern hardware, and can still be customized on top of that. I do agree that these 1Up cabs aren't something I would be interested in "collecting." I would prefer to get just one of them, and then customize it as I see fit. I'm thinking stripping out the existing controls and replacing them with HAPP buttons and joysticks. But even as a curiosity, I can also see the appeal of these smaller, more convenient cabinets.

The problem with authentic arcade "collecting" is that it is insanely expensive, inconvenient, and kind of messy. Original arcade games are stored on excessively large PCBs that require their own power sources. The monitors necessary for running them are prohibitively expensive, large, and heavy. And original arcade cabinets tend to be produced from relatively low-quality materials, inundated with smoke and various other undesirable odors, and don't hold up well to long-term storage or wear-and-tear. The durability of the controls is one of the only up-sides, and that can be augmented in more modern hardware. While there is a certain appeal, it's also not very practical for the vast majority of consumers.

Custom arcade cabinets and MAME-style emulation cabinets are considerably more practical, work with modern hardware, and can still be customized on top of that. I do agree that these 1Up cabs aren't something I would be interested in "collecting." I would prefer to get just one of them, and then customize it as I see fit. I'm thinking stripping out the existing controls and replacing them with HAPP buttons and joysticks. But even as a curiosity, I can also see the appeal of these smaller, more convenient cabinets.
It's not nearly as expensive as one would think. Just depends what you are looking for and when. I got back into the hobby pretty recently.

I did turn my KI2 cabinet into a MAME cabinet though. I'm now in the process of gettin 2-3 more cabinets though.

Also original arcade cabinets are tanks. They aren't made from low quality materials. You're getting them mixed up with A1up lol.

Saying that cabinets smell like smoke is saying that everyone who inhales second hand smoke is going to have lung cancer. It's very far and few between that are even like that. And the majority of them now a days haven't been in real arcades in ages and have been taken care in home usage.

I think $399 for NBA Jam is a fair price with the 4 player controls & Riser.
Hopefully they can get the rosters finalized. Im curious who the players are they havent gotten.

Edit: Guessing these are the players for NBA Jam (Michael Jordan's name or likeness (as Jordan himself owns the rights to his name and likeness and not the NBA), and as such he was not available as a player for the Chicago Bulls or any other team. Another notable absence from the home versions is Shaquille O'Neal, who was in the arcade version as a member of the Orlando Magic (and who later followed in Jordan's footsteps in buying his name and likeness from the NBA). New Jersey Nets guard Dražen Petrović and Boston Celtics forward Reggie Lewis,

Since it says 3 I dont think its MJ as he was not in the game at all. I do know Barkley had sued I believe later so I wonder if he is one of the 3.

Im still hoping they do:

Another 4 Player Game - Xmen, Captain America & the Avengers & maybe Simpsons or Sunset Riders

Surely the game will lack MJ, but that isn't one of the three since he wasn't there to begin with. Two deceased players make sense to be missing; however next of kin sometimes license out names. Shaq let his name and Magic jersey be used in iOS NBA Jam so I hope he's in. Barkley was removed because he signed the deal for Barkley Shut Up and Jam! So I hope he's in too!

Then +1 for all the games mentioned below!

Makes much more sense for A1U to do NFL Blitz on its own cab because it's big enough of a brand to sell. Plus the two leagues would argue who should be prominent on the cabinet if they were combined.

Two things to worry about

1) Does the EA exclusive NFL license extend to arcade cabinets?

2) The NFL made Midway tone down NFL Blitz's late hits and throat slashes. Would that get OG arcade NFL Blitz censored?

Nfl blitz will never happen. Never. I’d be immensely surprised if it did.

The NFL is vehemently against showcasing those hits and violence. Madden had to tone back on a lot of things over the years.

For those modding these with raspberry pi, if I'm ok with the default button for the MK or Marvel cabinet, do I still need to drill holes for start/select button? I want to make things as easy as possible if I do get one of these

I have a wolfanoz image on a 64 gb card. It is an arcade only,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOP0F2iGaDA&t=87s

here is a video of the interface. I have downloaded a bunch of images and find the one with this interface as one of the most polished images out there. So much so I feel as though I need to donate something to the creator LOL

the interface the attrack mode all screams polished.

Teminator 2 judgement day is playable.

This image truly seems plug set the controller and play.

I find myself going back to this one.

here is a video of the interface. I have downloaded a bunch of images and find the one with this interface as one of the most polished images out there. So much so I feel as though I need to donate something to the creator LOL

Thanks for the recommendation, that actually looks pretty amazing. Couple of questions for you:

1) Can you set this to boot straight into attract mode?
2) Can you do something to lock people (i.e., guests and especially my kids) from being able to go into the settings and accidentally screw stuff up?
3) Does high score saving work properly?
4) Would I be able to fit this on a 32gb card or would I be cutting it too close for room for saves?

Blitz will never happen. The series ceased to exist because the NFL refused to license a game that had late hits, body slams, etc.

Surely the game will lack MJ, but that isn't one of the three since he wasn't there to begin with. Two deceased players make sense to be missing; however next of kin sometimes license out names. Shaq let his name and Magic jersey be used in iOS NBA Jam so I hope he's in. Barkley was removed because he signed the deal for Barkley Shut Up and Jam! So I hope he's in too!

Then +1 for all the games mentioned below!
Shaq is also in all of the 2K games ever made. As is Jordan.

My bet is that the three players are the same big names that aren't in the 2K games...Barkley, Reggie Miller and probably Rasheed Wallace.

Thanks for the recommendation, that actually looks pretty amazing. Couple of questions for you:

1) Can you set this to boot straight into attract mode?
2) Can you do something to lock people (i.e., guests and especially my kids) from being able to go into the settings and accidentally screw stuff up?
3) Does high score saving work properly?
4) Would I be able to fit this on a 32gb card or would I be cutting it too close for room for saves?
High scores hold I saw donkey kong last night. As far as the boot I believe the settings can be tweak as he did some in the video

I believe the 32 should be fine I know his 128 needed some things deleted. I will check tonight if the on my sd if is the 64 arcade only version. which I believe it is. That one is IMO for ease of use one to get. Down load it save it and if the kids corrupt something reflash. With most pi images save the copy you want because if you do not have a soft power down then at some point a card can get corrupted. reflash takes a few minutes and your back to normal Dragon lair works, I do know it boots up to the menu but if you don't select something after a certain time an attract mode plays. It shows different games but the visuals aren't as sharp as the attract mode when you select. By no means a deal breaker.

Agree 100% ... great image thst is plug n play with sn30pro

Blitz will never happen. The series ceased to exist because the NFL refused to license a game that had late hits, body slams, etc.
That'd make sense. I don't follow the NFL so not privy on how they licenses it out, but I do remember them pulling away from Midway and then the unlicensed Blitz The League came out. A Blitz Arcade 1Up would be cool for sure, but not something I'd ever be very interested in owning myself. NBA Jam on the other hand I would be into picking up if I were to come across it for around $200 or less.

This ... the 60 in 1 is a great board that is a hit with the casual crowd, as well (interface is surprisingly newb friendly.) There are few issues with the board that you will see discussed (wonky sound on some games, etc.) but all of the heavy hitters are there and great to play. It is a nearly plug and play solution. DIY retro arcade has 60 in 1 and Pandora's Box AIU kits that I used on my builds. I'm up and running and playing games instead of tinkering with images and settings for Pi.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Of course, high score games lost their appeal when you reach your score plateaus, and stop improving. That's why Brain Age lost it's appeal - I reached the point where I was no longer improving. Fighters do have a lot of replay, since you have to change your strategy depending on who you're playing with, or against. It's also present in other games that have multiple fighters with different strengths and weaknesses, like the Virtua On games, or the multiplayer console game Overwatch.

bread's done
Back