The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Legends Ultimate Arcade is back in stock at Sam's Club for $499.98 (free shipping for Plus members):

https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404?xid=plp_product_1_1

A couple other useful resources for those who have a Legends Ultimate, or are thinking of getting one:

Also, if you don't like your food plain and prefer it with "saUCE", there are some great recipes​ if you search the internet for your fellow "fansofsauce". :whistle2:$
Thanks for the tips, I have been playing my Legends ultimate a ton. I have managed to beat arcade versions of Cadash and Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden was a bit of a pain as I was playing solo. When you die, you go to a continue screen. When you continue, you don't pick up right where you left off so would still need to beat a bunch of enemies again. I eventually remembered having a second player play in the arcade to avoid this issue. as long as one of you is alive, you won't need to go to the continue screen and lose progress.

My son also loves capcom bowling. He gets a kick out of using the roller ball and the funny graphics between frames. (He is 4 years old)

Thanks for the tips, I have been playing my Legends ultimate a ton. I have managed to beat arcade versions of Cadash and Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden was a bit of a pain as I was playing solo. When you die, you go to a continue screen. When you continue, you don't pick up right where you left off so would still need to beat a bunch of enemies again. I eventually remembered having a second player play in the arcade to avoid this issue. as long as one of you is alive, you won't need to go to the continue screen and lose progress.
My son also loves capcom bowling. He gets a kick out of using the roller ball and the funny graphics between frames. (He is 4 years old)
Try out Bonk’s Adventure Arcade (might need to use that 2p trick) ... I enjoy playing this with my 5 year old son.

When you die, you go to a continue screen. When you continue, you don't pick up right where you left off so would still need to beat a bunch of enemies again.
In my opinion, these are the perfect types of games for these units. The value of most brawlers is totally diminished when you can just keep adding credits with freeplay. Not being able to just spam special moves and come back in wherever you die corrects this.

Ghosts and Goblins and Strider also fall into this category and that's probably why I like that Final Fight cab so much. Rastan is also one of my favorites for that reason.

In my opinion, these are the perfect types of games for these units. The value of most brawlers is totally diminished when you can just keep adding credits with freeplay. Not being able to just spam special moves and come back in wherever you die corrects this.
Ghosts and Goblins and Strider also fall into this category and that's probably why I like that Final Fight cab so much. Rastan is also one of my favorites for that reason.
I was just thinking about rastan the other day. I have a very specific memory of seeing the arcade cab in a now defunct department store in downtown north tonawanda

I was just thinking about rastan the other day. I have a very specific memory of seeing the arcade cab in a now defunct department store in downtown north tonawanda
I played it at a local smalltime movie theater. The soundtrack to that and that game Plotting still stand out in my mind to this day. Very eerie yet relaxing tone (ha, can't really think of any other way to describe it).

Any pinball fans in here? I've got World Cup Soccer 94 and Jet Spin.
Good finds. WCS has always been a good buy, since the table is really good, with design by J-Pop and now ranks at number 64 on Pinside right now, It also isn't obscenely expensive the way a Twilight Zone or Medeival Madness is. Jet Spin I've never played, but it looks like it's one of the last EMs, which means the layout is similar to modern tables. It's also designed by Ed Krynski, who was one of the most well-regarded designers in the industry, and the first person to put flippers on the bottom of the table (albeit differently from standard configurations).

I played it at a local smalltime movie theater. The soundtrack to that and that game Plotting still stand out in my mind to this day. Very eerie yet relaxing tone (ha, can't really think of any other way to describe it).
Perfect description of it. Things are kept low key, but ominous, as if something terrible is always just around the corner. Could be that your enemies are much less of a threat than the devious platforming and bosses. While other players in the arcade were able to finish off these bosses with little effort, they were always a challenge for me. I remember watching a guy in the arcade play through the entire game without dying. I was impressed.

Any pinball fans in here? I've got World Cup Soccer 94 and Jet Spin.
That is the one pinball game that I played so much in my childhood. I have seen some for sale locally but I simply can't justify spending over $2k on a pinball machine. It's a mental block that I just can't do.

And this coming from someone that has 4 arcade cabinets, 2 of those sit down racers.

That is the one pinball game that I played so much in my childhood. I have seen some for sale locally but I simply can't justify spending over $2k on a pinball machine. It's a mental block that I just can't do.

And this coming from someone that has 4 arcade cabinets, 2 of those sit down racers.
$2K would be cheap these days. Pinball has exploded in price recently, and those who buy and collect them seem to have infinitely deep pockets--to the point that I'm not sure a sinking economy would drop the prices. I guess the only saving grace there is you can typically get your money back or then some when you sell (depending on how many mods you put on the machine).

I look at how much these machines went for just 5 years ago and it makes me realize I got into this too late. A machine that might go for $800 is now $3500.

But the right table is a hell of a lot of fun!

I like pinball machines, but like arcade machines I could never just settle on one machine.  Plus there are a lot of parts in a pinball machine and I'm not sure I want to learn what to maintain.

Got my Neo Geo Mini (international) today from the $30 deal that was on Amazon.  Overall, I really love it.  The screen looks really good.  I love how quick it is to load games and that it's just an all in one device that eats up little counter/desk space.  The sound is solid.  Buttons seem responsive.  The menu system is easy to navigate.  Most importantly the game selection is solid as is.  My only gripe is getting used to that analog stick.  But I managed to play a few games and had fun with it.

I like pinball machines, but like arcade machines I could never just settle on one machine. Plus there are a lot of parts in a pinball machine and I'm not sure I want to learn what to maintain.

Got my Neo Geo Mini (international) today from the $30 deal that was on Amazon. Overall, I really love it. The screen looks really good. I love how quick it is to load games and that it's just an all in one device that eats up little counter/desk space. The sound is solid. Buttons seem responsive. The menu system is easy to navigate. Most importantly the game selection is solid as is. My only gripe is getting used to that analog stick. But I managed to play a few games and had fun with it.
I agree, it's great. Easily one of the best $30 purchases I've ever made. Even better once you mod it to be portable.

I like pinball machines, but like arcade machines I could never just settle on one machine. Plus there are a lot of parts in a pinball machine and I'm not sure I want to learn what to maintain.

Got my Neo Geo Mini (international) today from the $30 deal that was on Amazon. Overall, I really love it. The screen looks really good. I love how quick it is to load games and that it's just an all in one device that eats up little counter/desk space. The sound is solid. Buttons seem responsive. The menu system is easy to navigate. Most importantly the game selection is solid as is. My only gripe is getting used to that analog stick. But I managed to play a few games and had fun with it.
I have the Neo Geo mini as well. It's a fun little machine for the discounted price. Full retail would have been disappointing. Now that I can play these games on the Legends Ultimate, the little neo geo gets relegated to the kids that are waiting to play the Legends Ultimate.

It would have been nice if the neo geo mini came with a battery. It would be great as a portable

Pinball machines seem like a nightmare to maintain, unless you're into that kind of thing, or course. I would just like to play them.

Pinball machines seem like a nightmare to maintain, unless you're into that kind of thing, or course. I would just like to play them.
I enjoy it, but yes, there's a maintenance learning curve. Not difficult, but there are new skills (soldering and some intro to electronics). But what's nice is that depending on the machine, it's been around for 20 or 30 years, and when a problem arises, it's probably happened to someone else. There's an enormous wealth of info online, and suggestions and fixes from 2004 are just as good in 2020, and there's still a strong market for parts out there.

All these ALU issues has me glad I just modded my Marvel cab with a RPi4. Put it all together a few weeks ago and it has been a blast to play, especially with naomi and dreamcast games working great. Even discovered a few arcade games I knew as a kid but didn't remember the names of, Black Tiger being the biggest hit of nostalgia. Absolutely love it and putting the build together was a ton of fun.

Black Rose, Revenge From Mars and Terminator 2 used to be my pinball jams.

Edit: oh, and the diner I played T2 eventually replaced w Addams Family. Flo's - home of the 10 cent coffee!

I enjoy it, but yes, there's a maintenance learning curve. Not difficult, but there are new skills (soldering and some intro to electronics). But what's nice is that depending on the machine, it's been around for 20 or 30 years, and when a problem arises, it's probably happened to someone else. There's an enormous wealth of info online, and suggestions and fixes from 2004 are just as good in 2020, and there's still a strong market for parts out there.
Yeah I've learned a ton in the short months I've been back into the arcade scene. In November I paid someone to do a capkit on my only cabinet at the time's monitor, and then about a month ago I did my first capkit as well as flyback replacement on one of my other monitors. And that was all in the midst of me setting up my multi JAMMA light gun cabinet which involved making a lot of harnesses and wiring up a bunch of stuff. I am not sure if I have more enjoyment doing all the electronics work or playing the games at this point. I enjoy both of them a lot.

Had my first return-rebuy rejection at Walmart today. I’d been 3 for 3 getting them to adjust the 1Up Arcades from online price to the store clearance price, but evidently a reduction from $450 to $50 on the Star Wars machine was a bridge too far.

Had my first return-rebuy rejection at Walmart today. I’d been 3 for 3 getting them to adjust the 1Up Arcades from online price to the store clearance price, but evidently a reduction from $450 to $50 on the Star Wars machine was a bridge too far.
Care to elaborate? Was thinking of doing the same for Space Invaders ($169 online vs $50 in store). Did you do return/rebuy the same trip? Just take the receipt for a price adjustment?

Also rejected on this. They said returns for orders made online have to go back to the online warehouse. Called another walmart in the area and they told me the exact same thing.

At least I learned never to waste my time trying this again.

I hardly buy anything from Walmart.com and really mainly did when I was trying to do ship-to-store for these cabs and hoped they would price adjust the store's clearance pricing. I had ended up returning a couple of the full-priced cabs and re-bought in store when they came back in stock for clearance. Then, I bought the Star Wars cab for full price online, received a 20% off coupon for Best Buy, re-bought at Best Buy, then returned to Wal-Mart.

I was almost going to buy something from Walmart.com last month and found out they shut down my account - I'm assuming due to the Arcade1Up returns. All but one I did re-buy in store, but they probably just saw a few high dollar returns and I got flagged.

Star Wars Arcade Machine With Bench Seat, Limited Edition, Arcade1Up

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Arcade-Machine-With-Bench-Seat-Limited-Edition-Arcade1Up/248851348

This is neato, but I still think it's priced too high personally.
It's neat, but I think destined to fail. Unless you're Arnold Drummond from Diff'rent Strokes, I doubt anyone has the right amount of space required for that thing. In most cases it's either going to be sticking out blocking a walkway or awkwardly shoved up against a wall.

I don't know. I have a pretty decent sized game room and am struggling with the amount of furniture tetris I'd have to play to make something like that fit properly, look normal, and be comfortable to play.

Star Wars Arcade Machine With Bench Seat, Limited Edition, Arcade1Up

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Arcade-Machine-With-Bench-Seat-Limited-Edition-Arcade1Up/248851348

This is neato, but I still think it's priced too high personally.
Without the booster this will seem very close to the ground. I like how the bench slides in to save space, but it doesn't bring the old arcade feel of the OG SW sit-down cab. I'd rather stick to the upright w/ booster. Plus, it would be easy to slap some blue LED's to the back of any cabinet, so that's not much of a selling point.

If Arcade1up starts testing out more sit down cabs they might find them harder to move product, as a lot of sit down cabinets can be had for less than the Arcade1up price (not Star Wars). They aren't as much in demand because they are huge heavy bastards. Fun though!

All these ALU issues has me glad I just modded my Marvel cab with a RPi4. Put it all together a few weeks ago and it has been a blast to play, especially with naomi and dreamcast games working great. Even discovered a few arcade games I knew as a kid but didn't remember the names of, Black Tiger being the biggest hit of nostalgia. Absolutely love it and putting the build together was a ton of fun.
Just got my Pi4 the other day. What did you use for the image / install? Probably getting around to doing that and upgrading my MK cab from the Pi3 to Pi4

That's for people who have full-fledged basement arcades/gamerooms.
No it's not. People who have full-fledged basement arcades don't have Arcade 1ups. They have the real thing.

That is almost as much as I paid for my Rush 2049 SE cabinet. Way overpriced.

Just got my Pi4 the other day. What did you use for the image / install? Probably getting around to doing that and upgrading my MK cab from the Pi3 to Pi4
Download the RetroPie Berryboot image here (populated with only the initialization files for EmulationStation): https://retropie.org.uk/download/

Find the roms for all those games you own. Optionally, you can download a pre-populated, pre-configured image from Arcade Punks here: https://www.arcadepunks.com/download-raspberry-pi-4-images/

You can use this tool to format and install either type of image to the SD card: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

No it's not. People who have full-fledged basement arcades don't have Arcade 1ups. They have the real thing.

That is almost as much as I paid for my Rush 2049 SE cabinet. Way overpriced.
You still at this?

I know its too much for your brain to understand why anyone would opt for an A1U instead of hunting the classifieds for a decent priced old cab, finding a truck to haul it, struggling to get into your house and spending dozens of hours fixing it up but its really not a hard concept.

Plenty of people put these things in basement game rooms and even mix them in with the real thing. Once again, you're wrong.

5umtvbmp07841.jpg

You still at this?

I know its too much for your brain to understand why anyone would opt for an A1U instead of hunting the classifieds for a decent priced old cab, finding a truck to haul it, struggling to get into your house and spending dozens of hours fixing it up but its really not a hard concept.

Plenty of people put these things in basement game rooms and even mix them in with the real thing. Once again, you're wrong.

5umtvbmp07841.jpg
That's a pretty cool setup. Guess with either option, there's a tradeoff. You can buy a used SF 2049 unit that is genuine, but you'll have to put something in your house that hundreds if not thousands of little kids spent years putting their boogers on, touching with pizza grease hands, throwing up in, etc. Or you can buy a non-genuine A1U that has had very few people touch it - however, the last guy who did apparently had hooves instead of hands based on how carelessly the parts were shoved in the box, completely scratching the hell out of the side panels and maybe even the screen. However, help is just a mere phone call and good portion of your life away, per the instructions given by the gigantic, ominous sticker on the screen, which is so oversized and foreboding it's as if they knew in advance this was going to happen.

So yeah, long story short, it's basically a tradeoff between boogers or out of the box damage.

that setup is cool to look at. the real cag question is how much did you pay for these A1up machines? if you lucked out with sub $100 clearance prices then its pretty swell...not so much at msrp.

i think the a1up machines are nice for what they are, but very overpriced for the lack of quality components. at msrp pricing, these should have stereo speakers, an arcade caliber control panel, and include the riser imo

that setup is cool to look at. the real cag question is how much did you pay for these A1up machines? if you lucked out with sub $100 clearance prices then its pretty swell...not so much at msrp.

i think the a1up machines are nice for what they are, but very overpriced for the lack of quality components. at msrp pricing, these should have stereo speakers, an arcade caliber control panel, and include the riser imo
Yeah, until they figure out light guns and steering wheels...then I'm all like "shut up and take my money!" They just have to hit you in the right nostalgia spot to open up the wallet. It's not hit my arcade days sweet spot yet. Lucky & Wild done right might have me at MSRP.

You still at this?

At what? Giving my opinion in about home arcades in a thread about home arcades? Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Do you disagree that $415 is not overpriced for it?

I mean there is a reason that the only way A1up cabs sell is on clearance. Because they are completely over priced for what you get. Put an adult in that picture you shared and all of a sudden that room looks much different.

Your chatter about spending all this time fixing cabinets is funny though, considering I'd say like 1/2 the people in this thread talk about getting A1up's to mod them with MAME, which requires time to modify + more money. But it's enjoyable if you are into it.

Stop being butt hurt because people have different opinions than you.

i don’t really understand the point of buying an a1up to mod. they are 3/4 size functional toy replicas of actual arcade machines that scratch the “i’ve always wanted this machine” itch without the commitment of a real arcade machine (space, size, weight, wife approval, repair, upkeep, etc)

the legends ultimate is a much better value proposition for a multicade.

At what? Giving my opinion in about home arcades in a thread about home arcades? Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

I mean there is a reason that the only way A1up cabs sell is on clearance. Because they are completely over priced for what you get. Put an adult in that picture you shared and all of a sudden that room looks much different.

Your chatter about spending all this time fixing cabinets is funny though, considering I'd say like 1/2 the people in this thread talk about getting A1up's to mod them with MAME, which requires time to modify + more money. But it's enjoyable if you are into it.

I get that some in this forum might have the perception that "the only way A1up cabs sell is on clearance", but that doesn't actually make it a reality. If that were the case, would the company still be in business? I'll admit I had that perception as well and the first cabs I picked up were ones on clearance and I assumed A1Up would be closing shop soon after. Instead, they announced many more cabs with higher MSRPs. Yes, you'll see more people in this thread talking about picking up a cab on clearance. This thread does not make up their entire customer base or any significant percentage of it. Someone must be buying these, especially if Wal-Mart continues to dedicate so much retail space to them.

They've almost completely sold out of that Burger Time cab they sold exclusively on their site at $400 + shipping. That's almost 3,000 units.

i don’t really understand the point of buying an a1up to mod. they are 3/4 size functional toy replicas of actual arcade machines that scratch the “i’ve always wanted this machine” itch without the commitment of a real arcade machine (space, size, weight, wife approval, repair, upkeep, etc)

There really isn't much upkeep to a home owned arcade machine if it's in working condition. I have done absolutely nothing to my KI2 machine I've owned since 2002 and it works just fine. Okay scratch that, I have had my monitor recapped to make it look like new, but now I know how to do that myself. You can fine people to do it for you if need be though.

But it's not like you are running these 24/7 with teens beating the shit out of them 12 hours a day. They get very little use in comparison to what they were built for back in the day. Sure random things can happen over time and things like capacitors and solder joints can just go bad over time, but it isn't like it happens very often.

I get that some in this forum might have the perception that "the only way A1up cabs sell is on clearance", but that doesn't actually make it a reality. If that were the case, would the company still be in business? I'll admit I had that perception as well and the first cabs I picked up were ones on clearance and I assumed A1Up would be closing shop soon after. Instead, they announced many more cabs with higher MSRPs. Yes, you'll see more people in this thread talking about picking up a cab on clearance. This thread does not make up their entire customer base or any significant percentage of it. Someone must be buying these, especially if Wal-Mart continues to dedicate so much retail space to them.

They've almost completely sold out of that Burger Time cab they sold exclusively on their site at $400 + shipping. That's almost 3,000 units.
As a CAGer you should know that making something "limited" makes people want it even more. Obviously we don't know how much, but a chunk of those LE Burger Time cabinets were bought with the sole intention of reselling them for a profit. Just like any LE video game that gets released and you see it on ebay for 3x the cost at launch, sitting there going unsold.

Also you remember when NBA Jam was announced? What was the UNIVERSAL consensus after that. That is was WWAAYY overpriced. They know that. They will get the first early adopters who pay that premium price and then they won't sell and the price will drop.

This is also marketing 101. It's like the Kohl's model. You ever notice everything is "always on sale" at Kohls? That's the same thing here. The MSRP is set higher than they realistically want to sell them for, so when they "go on clearance" for 1/2 off, they are still making money just fine.

These cabinets are not expensive to make. They use very cheap parts for everything.

I'm old school, as I grew up in the arcades of the early 80's, and while I'll probably never buy one of these, I'm more than happy for those who do. I actually own 4 full arcade offerings, with 2 uprights and 2 cocktails, and those machines come with there own set of problems and issues, just like these cheaper offerings. I would love to be able to move my uprights around as easy as the 1Ups, but I also can't stand the pretty much anything else about those cabs, so that's why I don't buy them.

In the end, it's all about options, as I prefer the authenticity of the New Wave & Numskull scaled offerings, over these faux arcade ones. While many, prefer the little $15-$20 offerings from MyArcade, and why is any option wrong? While I've paid on average about $100 for my scaled offerings, I would be happy to pay the $150+ a few of them ask at retail.

Many would say, but you can get an A1Up for that price, maybe even two, so why get these small versions? Because I like those, and how they represent what the arcades had to offer from my youth. Some get that from the mini cabs, while others get that from these bigger offerings, while other like them all, or none at all. Any business is about supply and demand, and while I may NEVER buy a MyArcade or A1Up offering, it's cool something is offered that meets the needs that others have, as just because I don't want or like something, doesn't mean that others will feel the same.

You still at this?

5umtvbmp07841.jpg
I'm so jealous of that Turtles pinball... I loved that thing. I miss old school arcades.

I'm old school, as I grew up in the arcades of the early 80's, and while I'll probably never buy one of these, I'm more than happy for those who do. I actually own 4 full arcade offerings, with 2 uprights and 2 cocktails, and those machines come with there own set of problems and issues, just like these cheaper offerings. I would love to be able to move my uprights around as easy as the 1Ups, but I also can't stand the pretty much anything else about those cabs, so that's why I don't buy them.

In the end, it's all about options, as I prefer the authenticity of the New Wave & Numskull scaled offerings, over these faux arcade ones. While many, prefer the little $15-$20 offerings from MyArcade, and why is any option wrong? While I've paid on average about $100 for my scaled offerings, I would be happy to pay the $150+ a few of them ask at retail.

Many would say, but you can get an A1Up for that price, maybe even two, so why get these small versions? Because I like those, and how they represent what the arcades had to offer from my youth. Some get that from the mini cabs, while others get that from these bigger offerings, while other like them all, or none at all. Any business is about supply and demand, and while I may NEVER buy a MyArcade or A1Up offering, it's cool something is offered that meets the needs that others have, as just because I don't want or like something, doesn't mean that others will feel the same.
Not sure if your games are on carpet, but if they are, get some of those sliders. I can slide my cabinets around by myself like they are on ice skates.

Lol, you're the one that comes off "butt hurt" (seriously you're a dad. Enough with the bro stuff).

You try to claim that no one buys these at full price or no one buys these if they have more space, yada, yada, yada. That's not "giving your opinion" nor is it true. Its just you making up stuff while shaking your head and thumbing your nose at these and weirdly seeking validation for your cabs.

Seriously, someone posted a link to the Star Wars A1U sit down and you prattle on about you could get a Rush 2049 cab instead. What are you even doing? A Rush 2049 cab doesn't play Star Wars arcade nor is it a Star Wars decorative piece which is probably the main reason people want it. No its not overpriced. That's subjective and up to the buyer.

I like Rush 2049 but would never put that in my house because I have no real connection to it. Whereas I'm mildly tempted to get a SW A1U stand up because I love Star Wars, have fond memories of playing SW arcade as a kid and I love the cab art and hearing the SW sounds coming from it and stuff. I would rather have that than whatever random authentic cab I could find cheap on FB marketplace.

I get that you're incapable of understanding why people would be interesting in A1Us, but why you simply can't ignore posts about them and post about the stuff you like is really weird.

OP should consider creating a separate thread for real arcade machines and keep this one dedicated to A1Us. Everytime I see this thread bumped I get excited thinking maybe TMNT is finally on sale. I don't think many people are coming here looking for deals on used racing cabs people are picking up at garage sales or digging out of shopping center dumpsters.

OP should consider creating a separate thread for real arcade machines and keep this one dedicated to A1Us. Everytime I see this thread bumped I get excited thinking maybe TMNT is finally on sale. I don't think many people are coming here looking for deals on used racing cabs people are picking up at garage sales or digging out of shopping center dumpsters.
Just try not to get too excited when you see new posts here, that's what I do :D

TMNT cabs have been on sale in various Walmarts, just keep an eye out. I picked up mine for $175 locally a few months back.

Anyone have the 3/4 toyshock pinball machines? Was considering getting one of those since I made my own barcade, only have room for 1 Arcade1UP or a 3/4 pinball...

Legends Ultimate is $600 with a monthly subscription to play games, or the choice to buy the games to download locally, as well as a few hours to play any unsupported game each month.

A1Up is $50 on clearance, then you buy a Pi 4 kit on Amazon for $80. Nobody is spending $415 for the Star Wars cabinet and then modding it from there. You still have two working units that can be played separately, with the Pi 4 being a really great mini-console if you decide you don't like the arcade setup.

You're right, it's for people who wanted one but don't want to invest $600, or buy a subscription, or buy individual roms, or allocate more area for a full-sized cabinet. I don't have friends who'd see any man-cave arcade as anything more than a novelty they might play for a few minutes before going back to X1/PS4/N64.

bread's done
Back