The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ms. Pac-Man was probably my most wanted.  It does look great (and that is my #1 reason for purchasing these - how they look). 

I really don't care in the case of Ms. Pac-Man, but the duplication of games across these newly announced cabs is disappointing.  It's ridiculous that if someone cared about a "complete" set of their Marvel games they need three separate cabs, with each really having one unique game.   Although, maybe they just see these as a "bonus" to each cab since I think it's the first time Arcade1Up included a console game.   Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I  think "War of the Gems" and "Mutant Apocalypse" are exclusively SNES games.  

While I want the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab, it then seems silly to allow this Marvel Super Heroes cab to take up space in my game room solely for "The Punisher" (even though that's my favorite game in that cab).  

X-Men vs Street Fighter woooo. Crazy that they can get theses games but Capcom won’t put them on new consoles.

Need a Street Fighter Alpha cab and a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cap.

I will be curious to see what they do with the light gun since these don't use CRTs.

If it's like the Aimtrak then it will be garbage just like the Aimtrak. Those are laggy and you literally can't move once you calibrate it or your aim will be off, so they are not very accurate either.

But I'm wondering if it will be something like those Sinden Guns where I believe there is a camera that tracks where you are aiming and it's much more accurate basically like a normal light gun on CRT. I've never used one but that was the idea behind them and I'm not sure if they are even shipping yet.
I'm excited for the sinden light gun, assuming it delivers. I used to love using my ACT Labs light guns (the james bond looking pistols) with mame on my old tube tv.

I watched the above posted Big Buck Hunter video and there are crosshairs on the screen that move like a wii mote so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Walmart "AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade" pre-order seems to be back on. Releasing. GameStop also still taking preorders. I am guessing there will be a big batch of them to all stores mid-June-ish.
Is the Atgames Legends arcade exactly the same at Walmart as it is in Sam’s Club?

I'm excited for the sinden light gun, assuming it delivers. I used to love using my ACT Labs light guns (the james bond looking pistols) with mame on my old tube tv.

I watched the above posted Big Buck Hunter video and there are crosshairs on the screen that move like a wii mote so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Yeah I just saw the trailer and it is disappointing. Definitely just an IR thing.

Is the Atgames Legends arcade exactly the same at Walmart as it is in Sam’s Club?
They might be the same now, but iirc originally the sams version had a wooden control panel (versus plastic), slightly larger, included a blast dongle, and was $100 ($150 in my case) cheaper.

I think they all might be the walmart version nowadays.

Ms. Pac-Man was probably my most wanted. It does look great (and that is my #1 reason for purchasing these - how they look).

I really don't care in the case of Ms. Pac-Man, but the duplication of games across these newly announced cabs is disappointing. It's ridiculous that if someone cared about a "complete" set of their Marvel games they need three separate cabs, with each really having one unique game. Although, maybe they just see these as a "bonus" to each cab since I think it's the first time Arcade1Up included a console game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "War of the Gems" and "Mutant Apocalypse" are exclusively SNES games.

While I want the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab, it then seems silly to allow this Marvel Super Heroes cab to take up space in my game room solely for "The Punisher" (even though that's my favorite game in that cab).
Makes your MSH cabinet the leading candidate for a RPI mod (especially since it has the coolest artwork).

Complete agree though. Most confusing game bundling decision ever - I'm still not even exactly sure which games are on which. I've seen like 3 different variants.

Wow that is awesome.

I know that a lot of the light gun games aren't emulated very well on MAME though so I wonder how that will come into play with future light gun games.

I have a Maximum Force cabinet now and a bunch of actual arcade PCBs in it but I'm running out of room in there. I could see myself at one point down the road just converting it into a MAME cabinet if a lot of these light gun games actually end up working properly and/or the Sinden tech is as good as actual light guns. One downside to the cabinet I have is that I can't pay games like HOTD because they use different tech. It would be awesome to have one cabinet with literally all light gun games in there, or almost all of them.

Ugh I really have to resist the urge on that Marvel Vs Capcom cab, especially since the main reason I modded mine was for 2. Though if they do 2, Capcom vs SNK, or Street Fighter 3rd Strike I'm gonna preorder instantly.

Still been trying to track down a clearanced TMNT cab but no luck

I have zero interest in any of these, which is great news for my wallet and lack of space. I like what they are doing with pinball but would be far more interested in the Star Wars one- plus I’m almost finished building my own virtual pinball table.

The best news I’ve heard so far was during an interview with retro Ralph- they are still working on a golden tee/silver strike bowling cabinet. That’s a day one instant purchase for me.

There's info out there on the at games legends pinball machine.  Looks like solid specs.  32" main monitor with 1" bezel.  14" monitor (I think) on the back glass for extra stuff.  BYOG with usb built in and all the typical at games stuff.  Sounds like they are trying to do for pinball what they did for home arcade stuff... a one stop box.  Farsight studios is handling the software and built in tables.  It's compatible in BYOG with all the other main pinball software packages out there.  Overall... kind of tempting.  I think it's $600.  pdubs arcade on youtube has videos about it... though it's just specs so far, I think.

I think I'd bite at $600 of it could be Modded for classic tables.

There's info out there on the at games legends pinball machine. Looks like solid specs. 32" main monitor with 1" bezel. 14" monitor (I think) on the back glass for extra stuff. BYOG with usb built in and all the typical at games stuff. Sounds like they are trying to do for pinball what they did for home arcade stuff... a one stop box. Farsight studios is handling the software and built in tables. It's compatible in BYOG with all the other main pinball software packages out there. Overall... kind of tempting. I think it's $600. pdubs arcade on youtube has videos about it... though it's just specs so far, I think.

I have zero interest in any of these, which is great news for my wallet and lack of space. I like what they are doing with pinball but would be far more interested in the Star Wars one- plus I’m almost finished building my own virtual pinball table.

The best news I’ve heard so far was during an interview with retro Ralph- they are still working on a golden tee/silver strike bowling cabinet. That’s a day one instant purchase for me.
Their entire focus should just be on things that aren't easily emulated, such as higher end titles like KI2 or things that totally lose the experience without the right controls (for instance, Golden Tee is easy to emulate, but absolutely sucks without the trackball). This is where I think they are getting it right with things like Golden Tee trackball, Star Wars yoke, and the lightgun and pinball stuff coming out (TBD on that experience, but very interesting).

Where they are getting it wrong is things like 2-4 games per unit, including 3 different Marvel cabinets (which now include SNES games apparently, which it a total rip off).

And this little size thing has to go. What started out maybe as kind of a novel concept is pointless now because everything now includes a riser, and now they're somewhat the right height but the width is now screwed up and it's just a jumbled mess. Just ditch this stacking thing and make them a normal standard size. I recall seeing something about it being a legal issue or something, but AT Games, previously known as the worst company in the world, seemed to get around it so figure it out.

In fact, between being a normal size, having a decent variety of controls, online connectivity, allowing firmware updates, and giving you the ability to add your own games, AT Games is actually doing a ton of stuff right. Basically the only thing they haven't done right so far is change their name from AT Games to something else.

Their entire focus should just be on things that aren't easily emulated, such as higher end titles like KI2 or things that totally lose the experience without the right controls (for instance, Golden Tee is easy to emulate, but absolutely sucks without the trackball). This is where I think they are getting it right with things like Golden Tee trackball, Star Wars yoke, and the lightgun and pinball stuff coming out (TBD on that experience, but very interesting).

Where they are getting it wrong is things like 2-4 games per unit, including 3 different Marvel cabinets (which now include SNES games apparently, which it a total rip off).

And this little size thing has to go. What started out maybe as kind of a novel concept is pointless now because everything now includes a riser, and now they're somewhat the right height but the width is now screwed up and it's just a jumbled mess. Just ditch this stacking thing and make them a normal standard size. I recall seeing something about it being a legal issue or something, but AT Games, previously known as the worst company in the world, seemed to get around it so figure it out.

In fact, between being a normal size, having a decent variety of controls, online connectivity, allowing firmware updates, and giving you the ability to add your own games, AT Games is actually doing a ton of stuff right. Basically the only thing they haven't done right so far is change their name from AT Games to something else.
Aren't these cabinets pretty much just running emulators under the hood? I'm guessing it's just a linux OS of sorts that boots directly into their front end that is running emulated games under the hood. If games like KI2 aren't emulated properly then I'm guessing these guys aren't going to be able to do it.

Aren't these cabinets pretty much just running emulators under the hood? I'm guessing it's just a linux OS of sorts that boots directly into their front end that is running emulated games under the hood. If games like KI2 aren't emulated properly then I'm guessing these guys aren't going to be able to do it.
Oh it's doable, they just have to be willing to think outside the alibaba a million units for 20 cents hardware specials. Might be outside their business model which is perfectly fair, but with so much floor space being dedicated to 2-4 games, even people who like these are eventually going to run out of housing space, so maybe consider upping the ante by offering something Joe Schmo can't just emulate on their NES Classic. And if you think about it, it's not asking for much in most cases. Start with a Celeron 486 and adjust upward or downward from there.

That's only if people keep ignoring the #1 difference between what AT Games is doing and what Arcade1Up is doing. Arcade1Up is making 3/4 scale licensed replicas of arcade cabinets. AT Games is not. That Legends cab will evoke zero nostalgia from anyone looking at it, like any of these generic multi-game cabs. Those appeal of those Arcade1Up cabs is really not just about the games. Anyone that just wants to play some arcade games while standing up should not even be looking at an Arcade1Up product.

*This above /\ - different consumer targets all together. Love both (and actual Arcade cabs), but they all are different and meant for different people and different reasons.

Anyone that just wants to play some arcade games while standing up should not even be looking at an Arcade1Up product.
That comment has so much wrong with it lol. If dimensionless visual nostalgia is truly all you're looking for, wouldn't a poster be a lot cheaper and take up a whole lot less space? To me, the ENTIRE nostalgic aspect of arcade games is EXACTLY standing up while playing a game. When I think back to the arcades of yesteryear, I don't ever seem to recall playing games on my knees or sitting on a stool.

In that regard, the ALU machine (which I don't own) would actually achieve that nostagic experience better than the A1U (which I do own several of). I guess I don't really buy the whole "decorative nostagia" argument for A1U because no arcade machine was ever 3 feet tall. If something that looks kind of like it was all you're after and size is irrelevant, again seems like you can achieve this with a picture or something that sits on your desk like a NeoGeo mini. I'd rather have something scaled to proper standing height and have the option to put my own stuff on it.

Again, just my personal take and I guess we're lucky that there are multiple products out with clear factors of differentiation. I just wish the one that would seem to suit me better didn't have the name "AT Games" associated with it.

How are the pi4 images working out? anyone see any performance improvements?
Can't speak to past images, but the ones I've used worked great with Naomi and Dreamcast games; N64 was still chugging though. Newer images I've heard are improving though.

X-Men vs Street Fighter woooo. Crazy that they can get theses games but Capcom won’t put them on new consoles.

Need a Street Fighter Alpha cab and a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cap.
Can't believe they got MvC and didn't include 2. Not that it matters for me anyway; been playing it just fine on the rpi4. ;)

Can't speak to past images, but the ones I've used worked great with Naomi and Dreamcast games; N64 was still chugging though. Newer images I've heard are improving though.

Can't believe they got MvC and didn't include 2. Not that it matters for me anyway; been playing it just fine on the rpi4. ;)
The weird thing is I bought a pi4 8gb and I have tried a couple of pi4 images that I have downloaded and I haven't been able to get them to boot. Is there a setup special process for the pi4. With the pi3 you download move to sd card and that was it. TIA

I unzipped with win rar,7 etc transfered using belena and it finishes but wont boot on the pi 4 8gb different sd cards different size images.

You have to create an image on the SD using something like Balena Etcher, not just move the file to the SD
I unzipped with win rar,7 etc transfered using belena and it finishes but wont boot on the pi 4 8gb different sd cards different size images.

You don't copy the image to it like drag/drop it. 

You have to write it with an image writer piece of software like winimage to write the image to the card.

Don't think anyone here will buy these at these prices, but I'll still mention that Best Buy has a few items on sale:

Golden Tee cabinet $284.99
Galaga cabinet with riser $339.99
Pac-Man table 449.99
I’d buy golden tee at that price and I’m sure a lot of other people will as well- except maybe those on this site.

That’s the lowest I’ve seen it at but I’ve waited this long- I’ll still hold out for the golden tee/silver strike cabinet.

That comment has so much wrong with it lol. If dimensionless visual nostalgia is truly all you're looking for, wouldn't a poster be a lot cheaper and take up a whole lot less space? To me, the ENTIRE nostalgic aspect of arcade games is EXACTLY standing up while playing a game. When I think back to the arcades of yesteryear, I don't ever seem to recall playing games on my knees or sitting on a stool.
My comment has "so much wrong with it", but "dimensionless visual nostalgia" makes sense. I don't play these A1UP games on my knees or on a stool, either (even though it's not abnormal to play an arcade game while sitting on a stool).

Yes, this person's setup is the same as hanging posters on a wall. This is your "dimensionless visual nostalgia". One generic Legends cabinet holds the same visual appeal, for sure.

post-586285-0-61221600-1589722704.jpg

My comment has "so much wrong with it", but "dimensionless visual nostalgia" makes sense. I don't play these A1UP games on my knees or on a stool, either (even though it's not abnormal to play an arcade game while sitting on a stool).

Yes, this person's setup is the same as hanging posters on a wall. This is your "dimensionless visual nostalgia". One generic Legends cabinet holds the same visual appeal, for sure.

Man, that is a nice setup!

fuck yes! If I had a big basement that's exactly what I'd do with it. That's a great party basement.

But seriously, why are we still arguing over A1up vs LU? Different products for different people with different tastes.

If you just want an all-in-one setup with the ability to add some extra games (and you've got a small level of tech skill to do it) then the LU is a great device. But if you really want to create your own arcade, that's it in the picture.

Personal opinion - best of both worlds would be to throw a RetroPie modded SF or MK A1up cab into that basement.

I’d buy golden tee at that price and I’m sure a lot of other people will as well- except maybe those on this site.

That’s the lowest I’ve seen it at but I’ve waited this long- I’ll still hold out for the golden tee/silver strike cabinet.
You'd buy it, unlike those on this site, but then you won't buy it. I agree 100% though, the better deal is just waiting for the golden tee/silver strike cabinet. No sense in bothering with this unless you only care about golden tee and don't want the variety.

When I think back to the arcades of yesteryear, I don't ever seem to recall playing games on my knees or sitting on a stool.
Stools were pretty common in more budget (classic) big arcades in my area (that had pool tables, etc) and of course most racing games, flying games, and a lot of the later light gun games were sit down experiences. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with standing up either. Seems like given the option I'd rather sit than stand forever trying to master a game at home.

Other than the original arcade machines (which I kind of always wanted a Sega Titan ST-V unit since it's cart based like NeoGeo MVS... and I loved Diehard Arcade and other games on it)... there's some compromise with all of these options. ALU is close to arcade height but the monitor is angled strange due to the shorter depth of the unit. Still, for what it is, it's a solid option for getting a lot of bang for your buck and saving space. A1U has the general shape of the original machine and art (which is sometimes fantastic) but then messes some stuff up by mixing vertical and horizontal games together and giving you only a few games to experience. But no doubt one of these on a riser (or end table) has the same control deck height as the ALU... just with a slightly more narrow control deck since it's themed on a specific game and it's controls.

Thanks for making my point for me. Given half the stuff in that room to achieve that effect has nothing to do with A1U (which are all on risers), probably a million different options to save a ton of space and money and boost practical usage by doing something else - especially since at the end of the day, the kid is sitting in a chair in front of a tv playing a genesis game.

You'd buy it, unlike those on this site, but then you won't buy it. I agree 100% though, the better deal is just waiting for the golden tee/silver strike cabinet. No sense in bothering with this unless you only care about golden tee and don't want the variety.

You get what I mean though. If I didn’t know a golden tee/silver strike cab was coming, I’d definitely buy at this price. Most people on this site (in my opinion) probably wouldn’t buy it as there have been all those clearance cabs at Walmart.

This site likely isn’t the market for golden tee anyway- there are a TON of people that generally don’t play video game’s but LOVE golden tee.

I'm learning the NBA Jam special edition is quite a let down on the light up control panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xix5eJMw2-c

The standard version it includes the riser and light up marque so no reason to get the special version unless you want to spend $100 on a custom nba jamp stool.   That said the picture they have on the site with two guys trying to play the game shows it'll be near impossible to get a 4 player local game going unless you have some small kids or something to mix in there.  Which for those that do, this would be a pretty sweet game to have.

thats my setup but i wouldn't nearly have as many A1Up's as I do if I hadn't got them on walmart clearance. I think the ALU is cool as well, not gonna hate on anyone's setup. Little dude in the photo is my 5 year old nephew and I'm teaching him to like all games.

Anyone know if the Countercades for $100 are a "Deal of the Day" or something that might go on for the week.  I kind of want the Dig Dug one, but I won't have cash to buy it till later in the week

The standard version it includes the riser and light up marque so no reason to get the special version unless you want to spend $100 on a custom nba jamp stool. That said the picture they have on the site with two guys trying to play the game shows it'll be near impossible to get a 4 player local game going unless you have some small kids or something to mix in there. Which for those that do, this would be a pretty sweet game to have.
Turtles is the same size and most people I've heard from said it is tight but workable. I wouldn't want to play a serious fighting game requiring precise movements in tight quarters, but those four player games were more about having fun with your friends.

Can anyone please tell me countercade control board dimensions? Just where buttons and joysticks go! Can't find this info for the life of me. I assume it's different but I'm hoping it's not.

The standard version it includes the riser and light up marque so no reason to get the special version unless you want to spend $100 on a custom nba jamp stool. That said the picture they have on the site with two guys trying to play the game shows it'll be near impossible to get a 4 player local game going unless you have some small kids or something to mix in there. Which for those that do, this would be a pretty sweet game to have.
Light up marquee is different than light up control panel. Light up control panel looked neat in the promo shot but not in real life.

Light up marquee is different than light up control panel. Light up control panel looked neat in the promo shot but not in real life.
Exactly my point in noting the light up marque is also on the standard version so people might feel like it's easily worth saving that $100 and getting the standard version. IF the standard version didn't have the light up marque, it might make the deluxe version seem worth it. I can't imagine many want the light up control panel after seeing the final version of it.

I think I may finally bite on getting a cabinet to mod. I see a Pacman near me for $50 but am worried about it being a vertical screen layout. I also see an Asteroids one for $1 supposedly.  :rofl:

I think I may finally bite on getting a cabinet to mod. I see a Pacman near me for $50 but am worried about it being a vertical screen layout. I also see an Asteroids one for $1 supposedly. :rofl:
Plenty of great vertical games. Or use a top and bottom bezel to play regular games. Or swap out the monitor.

I nodded my pacman with a pi and have it as a vertical only cabinet.

I think I may finally bite on getting a cabinet to mod. I see a Pacman near me for $50 but am worried about it being a vertical screen layout. I also see an Asteroids one for $1 supposedly. :rofl:
Sounds like you're assuming Brickseek or the Walmart ap have accurate inventory...they don't. I'd get my hands on the cab first then worry about modding.

bread's done
Back