The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have someone locally willing to sell new in the box, for $400 sans riser tho. I just don't know enough about these to say if its a steal of a deal or if hwy robbery..

Appreciate any thoughts or input.
Most of these A1up cabs I think retailed for $300. It's likely they bought it for $50 to $100. I wouldn't pay over $200 for any of them... especially if it had the riser but now you either got to buy a riser, build one, get an end table the right size to set it over... or just do with out the riser.

If your goal is to mod it might be worth it to just go for the Legends Ultimate since it has most of the controls you need for the majority of standard arcade games.

But the privacy wall/shield/screen type thing would work for more games.
It wouldn't work for the Arcade 1Up version, because the screen just isn't big enough. For a table with a 50+ inch screen, that might work. But the version they're displaying is way too small. Also, a privacy screen would force you to glance over it in order to see any information in the middle of the screen. Also, it would limit how many players you could have, as there is a finite amount of screen real-estate to gate off with tiny physical screens. Also, taller screens would be needed in order to avoid peaking, and taller players would have a natural advantage.

A privacy screen might work for a game like traditional Battleship, where there is only two players. But the more complex the game, the harder it is to make that solution work. Clue wouldn't work for that at all, where there can be eight players, and keeping information compartmentalized is what the game is all about.

The upcoming Intellivision Amico is actually going to be doing something similar to all of this, which is why I'm partially interested in that system. (though it has been delayed thanks to Covid, so we won't be seeing it until sometime in 2021 at the earliest) I think there's a lot of potential for this type of approach, and it hasn't been extensively explored yet.

My local store just had a Final Fight cab pop up in store (as in I saw it in the store, not brickseek).  The UPC was marred so I couldn't scan it, but brickseek says that location sells it for $50.  I have a TMNT and a Asteroids for modding that I haven't done yet already.  Very tempted to get Final Fight and maybe sell the Asteroids.

My local store just had a Final Fight cab pop up in store (as in I saw it in the store, not brickseek). The UPC was marred so I couldn't scan it, but brickseek says that location sells it for $50. I have a TMNT and a Asteroids for modding that I haven't done yet already. Very tempted to get Final Fight and maybe sell the Asteroids.
Annnd.... it's gone!

Most of these A1up cabs I think retailed for $300. It's likely they bought it for $50 to $100. I wouldn't pay over $200 for any of them... especially if it had the riser but now you either got to buy a riser, build one, get an end table the right size to set it over... or just do with out the riser.

If your goal is to mod it might be worth it to just go for the Legends Ultimate since it has most of the controls you need for the majority of standard arcade games.
Thanks for your personal take on this, really helps. My deal fell thru, even tho we had a deal hammered out and were working out a meeting spot, outta nowhere he says, someone just offered his listing price of $450 and unless I can bump up to meet that its a done deal.

I told him he can stuff it where the sun don't shine, albeit in a "sending an angry email to my hr director" kind of manner. Its all good, if its meant to be it'll happen.

Haha, but I do see mk cabs going for $200 and $250 new, but they are 5hr drive away from me, at that point, tempting but not worth it.

LOoked into the legends you mentioned and it seems promising but lot of reviews trashing it. Almost seems like a safer bet going with this new neo geo mvs I just got ad spammed with. $500 for 30 games and includes 2 players and riser making it essentially full size arcade?

Seems to good to be true, specially when I priced out my own Pi counter-cade, came out more or less to $500 and thats me putting in all the build work and still just a counter size arcade..

For $500 I'd be set... *sigh*, its not an easy choice haha

*sigh*, its not an easy choice haha
What I initially did, and this might or might not be helpful. Is I built myself an arcade controls box, used a pi, a tv, and then just played games (with it all setup on a table in my kitchen that wasn't getting used). It lasted me about 2 months before the itch was scratched and I put it up. I'm surely in the minority as I never hear this complaint but I didn't like the clicky arcade buttons as it was disturbing for anyone else nearby that was watching tv. So that limited when I played it. Next time I get the pi out and do a setup... I may just go with some wired console controllers.

You don't have to go all in on this with $500+. If your goal in the end is to modify it anyway, go ahead and get a pi and set it up and play it on a TV with either a controller or build your own arcade controller like I did (mine was for 2 players and had buttons on the side for pinball). Then see how much you actually play it. The total intro cost is cheap depending on what you already own and if you end up really loving having arcade gaming as a regular part of your life.. then see about buying one of these mini cabs to modify.

As for reviews of the Legends Ultimate. Pretty much the majority of people I've seen that own it on here and other sites all seem to love it. There's a lot of support for adding other games to the unit and I like that each game ends up with some custom bezel art thanks to the widescreen setup. Also, it has good controls from the start... no need to replace any spinners or the trackball.

Anyone wanna guess what game this is?  I have another pic that would give a much bigger hint but will start with this.

3jyh1SB.jpg

What I initially did, and this might or might not be helpful. Is I built myself an arcade controls box, used a pi, a tv, and then just played games (with it all setup on a table in my kitchen that wasn't getting used). It lasted me about 2 months before the itch was scratched and I put it up. I'm surely in the minority as I never hear this complaint but I didn't like the clicky arcade buttons as it was disturbing for anyone else nearby that was watching tv. So that limited when I played it. Next time I get the pi out and do a setup... I may just go with some wired console controllers.

You don't have to go all in on this with $500+. If your goal in the end is to modify it anyway, go ahead and get a pi and set it up and play it on a TV with either a controller or build your own arcade controller like I did (mine was for 2 players and had buttons on the side for pinball). Then see how much you actually play it. The total intro cost is cheap depending on what you already own and if you end up really loving having arcade gaming as a regular part of your life.. then see about buying one of these mini cabs to modify.

As for reviews of the Legends Ultimate. Pretty much the majority of people I've seen that own it on here and other sites all seem to love it. There's a lot of support for adding other games to the unit and I like that each game ends up with some custom bezel art thanks to the widescreen setup. Also, it has good controls from the start... no need to replace any spinners or the trackball.
Great advice, do you have the steps or guide for when you built yours? Did yours contain a rasp pi in it or what actually ran the games? How does the 2 player work on a single joystick controller? How does pinball work, cuz that would be AWESOME!

Otherwise I did some Googling and found this from HowChoo. $55 is nothing, I can do this yesterday...

Annnd.... it's gone!
Thought you might be a local CAG as there's one or two in my area. I live in a smaller area and it's unmarked and the rush to snap them up has long since passed so it'll probably fly under the radar for a little bit unless someone else who knew it was clearanced sees it. Funny though it dropped to out of stock on brickseek after you posted this, but I had to go by the store today and the one unit i still there.

Thanks for your personal take on this, really helps. My deal fell thru, even tho we had a deal hammered out and were working out a meeting spot, outta nowhere he says, someone just offered his listing price of $450 and unless I can bump up to meet that its a done deal.

I told him he can stuff it where the sun don't shine, albeit in a "sending an angry email to my hr director" kind of manner. Its all good, if its meant to be it'll happen.

Haha, but I do see mk cabs going for $200 and $250 new, but they are 5hr drive away from me, at that point, tempting but not worth it.

LOoked into the legends you mentioned and it seems promising but lot of reviews trashing it. Almost seems like a safer bet going with this new neo geo mvs I just got ad spammed with. $500 for 30 games and includes 2 players and riser making it essentially full size arcade?

Seems to good to be true, specially when I priced out my own Pi counter-cade, came out more or less to $500 and thats me putting in all the build work and still just a counter size arcade..

For $500 I'd be set... *sigh*, its not an easy choice haha
Have the Legends Ultimate. Had it for a month and sold my Arcade1Ups. It’s awesome. You can do so much with it. Had it for almost a year.

if you want a game room with multiple cabs with different art and sounds get a bunch of Arcade1Ups. If you want a single machine that can do almost anything (and can do ANYTHING if you hook up a PC) get the Legends.

Thought you might be a local CAG as there's one or two in my area. I live in a smaller area and it's unmarked and the rush to snap them up has long since passed so it'll probably fly under the radar for a little bit unless someone else who knew it was clearanced sees it. Funny though it dropped to out of stock on brickseek after you posted this, but I had to go by the store today and the one unit i still there.
Are you waiting for it to drop further? Or just trying to decide if you want it? You can always return it if you regret it later, but somebody is going to eventually grab it at that price.

I have Asteroids and Final Fight, and FF is the better cab in my opinion. I find myself playing it more often than Asteroids. Plus the spinner is garbage. I replaced it for around $50, but now Tempest is much more playable.

Wasn't me but I would not pass on a $50 A1U... I would at least bring it home and decide if I want it vs return it.

I've never seen one clearanced but have only been looking over the past year. I would grab about any of them <$100 since I don't have one. Eyeing the Pac-Man/Galaga edition myself but it is sitting at $300...hoping to see it hit around $150 for the holiday season but it might be wishful thinking on my part.

Just a heads up if anybody is interested..

Galaga has dropped down to $60 but Pacman is still $100, also Walmart now seems to have the Arcade1up Risers in stock but they seem to be going fAST, so run, run, run!!

Arcade1Up Pac-Man CounterCade DPCI: 207-17-8697 - Brickseek

Arcade1Up Galaga Galaxian CounterCade DPCI: 207-17-8536 - Brickseek

Arcade1UP Riser $45 - Brickseek

If anyone hasn’t heard yet, apparently an Outrun cabinet leaked on the Arcade1up support website. No other info given, just “Outrun” and a cabinet number.

If anyone hasn’t heard yet, apparently an Outrun cabinet leaked on the Arcade1up support website. No other info given, just “Outrun” and a cabinet number.
Everyone has been focusing on Outrun, but the support website also leaked two more possible variants: A Pac-Man Plus cabinet and a QVC exclusive Asteroids 8-game Partycade.

Newest member of the Arcade1up family.  $75 at Walmart.  Two stores around me have stock while brickseek says OOS.  More than one store dropped them to $75 yesterday.  Good luck.

[attachment=34714:1upmk.jpeg]

Newest member of the Arcade1up family. $75 at Walmart. Two stores around me have stock while brickseek says OOS. More than one store dropped them to $75 yesterday. Good luck.

attachicon.gif
1upmk.jpeg
Congrats! I saw one at my local Walmart over the weekend but it's still full price for now, but will keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No drops by me and no one even has golden tee.

Also you’re welcome for that drop- I bought it at bestbuy a month or so ago for around $220.

man you guys are lucky, NOT kwowing this was coming and wiling to pay full price I have been scouring all Wal-Marts in my area for cabs and like I said before, about 2-3 weeks ago, they started dissapearing from stores..

NOW THIS..

For sure any and all will be gone after this..

Picked up a beautiful, simply beautiful Arcade Legends Ultimate from my local SAMS! The White Cat Condo staff haven't assembled it for me yet. They keep whining about having to stay away from me so I don't give them the CHINA VIRUS!!!! I'll be selling my Final Fight and Rampage machines locally to recoup some of the cost as I'll be able to add all the games from those cabs to the ALU. Keeping my TMNT cab due to it's four player playability. Tremendously excited at the prospect of having many, many arcade, console and even Commodore 64 games at my yuge, powerful pawtips! COVEFE!!!

Newest member of the Arcade1up family. $75 at Walmart. Two stores around me have stock while brickseek says OOS. More than one store dropped them to $75 yesterday. Good luck.

attachicon.gif
1upmk.jpeg
May I ask where do you live and do you have the brickseek for the mk cab using the sku/upc from your receipt?

I was at a Wal-mart 3 days ago and they had 4 tmnt cabs, but brickseek said out of stock..

Does anyone have maybe the current tmnt or nba jam brickseek links?

Since the ones i'm pullling from Walmart page and then trying on Brickseek all tell me SOLD OUT..

Saw 2 Golden Tee cabs marked down to $219 today at Walmart. I passed as it is a bit more than I care to pay for it. Not really a big golfing game fan anyway.

May I ask where do you live and do you have the brickseek for the mk cab using the sku/upc from your receipt?

I was at a Wal-mart 3 days ago and they had 4 tmnt cabs, but brickseek said out of stock..

Since the ones i'm pullling from Walmart page and then trying on Brickseek all tell me SOLD OUT..
TMNT

Culpeper, VA. We have one Walmart locally, but I'm a 45 minute drive to 4 other cities/towns that have about 3 to 4 Walmarts each.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=562017574 for Mortal Kombat

I just type in "arcade1up" in the brickseek SKU finder, then click on the unit I want to search.

Brickseek pricing has been 100% spot on for me, but inventory is hit or miss.

For instance, I had to go to Charlottesville three weeks ago and so I stopped at the Walmarts on the way back to check out their arcade1up counts. One little Walmart had two MK units. When I checked brickseek at home it said zero stock at that store priced $222. The units weren't labeled with correct pricing. Then I just refreshed brickseek when ever I checked my email. Luckily, the price dropped to $75 while I was at home on my day off. Another store showing limited stock dropped to $75 too, and went OOS a couple hours later. I'm guessing their inventory count was accurate and somebody got that one pretty quick.

Yep, pricing has been accurate for me as well, inventory is off. It's said my local Walmart still have $50 Pacman and Rampage cabinets for months and they've been long gone. It also says they're OOS of MK cabinets, but I know for a fact they have 1, which is why I'm keeping an eye on the price. Although if their inventory thinks they have none, I'm not sure if the price would still drop.

Stopped in a local Walmart yesterday and nothing on sale.  They had 2 Pacman and 3 NBA Jam, all full price.

Yep, pricing has been accurate for me as well, inventory is off. It's said my local Walmart still have $50 Pacman and Rampage cabinets for months and they've been long gone. It also says they're OOS of MK cabinets, but I know for a fact they have 1, which is why I'm keeping an eye on the price. Although if their inventory thinks they have none, I'm not sure if the price would still drop.

They can/do drop...I don't know how or why, but they can/do. I had two stores - one with stock and one showing no stock, both dropped to $75. Both dropped on a Tuesday also which is weird considering most drops happen Fridays.

I'm just glad I modded my Marvel cab to avoid all this temptation now. If they ever do a perfect port of MvC2 though, that's the one I'll absolutely need to get.

I've had the absolute worst luck trying to find one clearanced here in south florida. So many time the inventory has been wrong and the one time I was there and it was right they had 8 for $50 each. Mix of street fighter 2, rampage, and final fight. Guy in front of me in line was a Walmart employee and bought all of them. I was so bummed.

Culpeper, VA. We have one Walmart locally, but I'm a 45 minute drive to 4 other cities/towns that have about 3 to 4 Walmarts each.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=562017574 for Mortal Kombat

I just type in "arcade1up" in the brickseek SKU finder, then click on the unit I want to search.

Brickseek pricing has been 100% spot on for me, but inventory is hit or miss.

For instance, I had to go to Charlottesville three weeks ago and so I stopped at the Walmarts on the way back to check out their arcade1up counts. One little Walmart had two MK units. When I checked brickseek at home it said zero stock at that store priced $222. The units weren't labeled with correct pricing. Then I just refreshed brickseek when ever I checked my email. Luckily, the price dropped to $75 while I was at home on my day off. Another store showing limited stock dropped to $75 too, and went OOS a couple hours later. I'm guessing their inventory count was accurate and somebody got that one pretty quick.
thanks friend, unfortunately it seems to be off, tells me all out of stock on BS and $75.00, but went to that one Walmart that had em and yes, still in stock.. $299 tho. So I wil keep watching as I have been since August.

Also the interesting part is using the Wal-Mart app on walmart wifi, I can't get it to scan the UPC's on the box, I tried all 3 and it just says item not found or something alone those lines..

anyone got any input on that?

thanks friend, unfortunately it seems to be off, tells me all out of stock on BS and $75.00, but went to that one Walmart that had em and yes, still in stock.. $299 tho. So I wil keep watching as I have been since August.

Also the interesting part is using the Wal-Mart app on walmart wifi, I can't get it to scan the UPC's on the box, I tried all 3 and it just says item not found or something alone those lines..

anyone got any input on that?
I've tried that before, scanning on the app but it's never worked. I know it's a pain, but did you scan it on one of the in store scanners?

I've tried that before, scanning on the app but it's never worked. I know it's a pain, but did you scan it on one of the in store scanners?
Scanning in the app used to work perfectly for me and now doesn’t work at all. They must have changed something.

hmm, i hadn't thought of that, but mainly because at least this specific Wal-mart they don't have any of those scanner anymore, they used to have one in the health and beauty and it still there but its always off, and I can't figure out how to turn it on unlike the Target ones which are easy to reboot/power off and on. aka POE

The other option that may work is go to the app, select shop on Walmart.com, search arcade1up and then click on At Your Store and change it to the desired store. It should show what's in stock and current prices, but I know you said BS was showing OOS. I still think it was probably $75, I've never heard of the price being wrong on BS with Walmart on these.

hmm, i hadn't thought of that, but mainly because at least this specific Wal-mart they don't have any of those scanner anymore, they used to have one in the health and beauty and it still there but its always off, and I can't figure out how to turn it on unlike the Target ones which are easy to reboot/power off and on. aka POE
If it’s one of those grey Symbol scanners at Walmart, there’s no power button on those. Plugging it in with power boots it up automatically. The power cable comes straight up into the unit and basically plugs into the unit vertically.

Of course, even if it has the power cable plugged in, maybe they just don’t have power at that pole turned on.

How often is the Walmart app wrong when it comes to search-by-store? It says Final Fight is in stock at this one store, even Brickseek says it too, but there's nothing there.

Now I've DEFEATED THE CHINA VIRUS and am COMPLETELY IMMUNE I have had my Arcade Legends Ultimate assembled and set up in the Oval Office! I can't recommend it more highly! Tremendous machine! Sold my Final Fight and Rampage machines for $200 each as I have all those games and many, many more ... many more ... people can't believe how many games I have. Believe me! YUGE machine! YUGE screen!! YUGE possibilities with the ability to add your own games. Trust me, you won't regret it. Would your BEST EVER CAT PRESIDENT lie to you?!? OK, back to playing Golden Tee.

Question: How many versions of the MK cab are there?

From my understanding and research, 2 of them correct? Basically the Wal-Mart version and the "updated" and better Costco version correct? From my research apparently the Costco version had a light up marquee and not sure if it was better monitor or better graphics, ex. on the Costco colors are true grey v/s "blue" on the walmart version.

Do I have that correct, or can anyone expand on the differences between the Walmart v/s Costco version?

I ask because locally on the private seller market I got a lead on a Walmart MK cab w/riser for $400 pre-owned. However I also got a lead on better "non" Walmart(sellers description) MK cab for $500. However his is sealed in the box NEW, so I don't want to tip my hand so would be good to know if its the Wally world version or the "better" Costco version.

Thanks in advance!

Probably the wrong place to ask this but you all are very knowledgeable with your arcade cabinets. A neighbor put some cabinets out for free. I was able to snag an original Turbo Outrun by Sega in decent external condition. I plugged it in and it powers up, but it seems to need a new monitor. Is it a bitch to replace those? (I have zero experience with cabinet repairs.) If I decided to just sell it as is, what do you think I could get for it? Thanks in advance.

Probably the wrong place to ask this but you all are very knowledgeable with your arcade cabinets. A neighbor put some cabinets out for free. I was able to snag an original Turbo Outrun by Sega in decent external condition. I plugged it in and it powers up, but it seems to need a new monitor. Is it a bitch to replace those? (I have zero experience with cabinet repairs.) If I decided to just sell it as is, what do you think I could get for it? Thanks in advance.
That’s awesome! I need cooler neighbors.

Is it a standup outrun or a sit down?

bread's done
Back