The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the wrong place to ask this but you all are very knowledgeable with your arcade cabinets. A neighbor put some cabinets out for free. I was able to snag an original Turbo Outrun by Sega in decent external condition. I plugged it in and it powers up, but it seems to need a new monitor. Is it a bitch to replace those? (I have zero experience with cabinet repairs.) If I decided to just sell it as is, what do you think I could get for it? Thanks in advance.
You talking about a CRT?

It could be a lot of things but what exactly is the problem? Take a video if you can.

A lot of the times just doing a capkit will fix a lot of issues, which is replacing all of the capacitors on the chassis and neckboard of the monitor. Another issue that happens is the flyback goes bad on them.

It could be more than that but if that is the original monitor and it has never had a capkit, then that thing is very old and a capkit would be necessary most likely.

But finding replacement CRT monitors is not an easy task either. They are also pricey especially if you have them shipped.

You talking about a CRT?

It could be a lot of things but what exactly is the problem? Take a video if you can.

A lot of the times just doing a capkit will fix a lot of issues, which is replacing all of the capacitors on the chassis and neckboard of the monitor. Another issue that happens is the flyback goes bad on them.

It could be more than that but if that is the original monitor and it has never had a capkit, then that thing is very old and a capkit would be necessary most likely.

But finding replacement CRT monitors is not an easy task either. They are also pricey especially if you have them shipped.
Yeah its a CRT.

Man, all that stuff sounds complicated. Is it? What kind of tools do I need for a job like that?

That’s awesome! I need cooler neighbors.

Is it a standup outrun or a sit down?
He also had a Big Buck Hunter II and a Golden Tee 99. They were way to big for me to try to move though. I don't have a truck, I didn't have help...those things are damn heavy. I wanted them all too.

Yeah its a CRT.

Man, all that stuff sounds complicated. Is it? What kind of tools do I need for a job like that?
You really just need a soldering iron and know how to desolder stuff to do a capkit. It's just desoldering old ones and putting the new ones on. But you have to take the monitor out.

My first one I paid someone to do it. The one I did myself took me a bit because it was my first try but I did it. I now have 2 more that I want to do but haven't gotten around to it. It just depends how much stuff you want to do.

You still haven't said what the problem is though. It could even be something as simple as a plug falling out if you aren't getting any picture at all. There really isn't much to these arcade games as far as parts. It's just a few different things all connected by wires.

He also had a Big Buck Hunter II and a Golden Tee 99. They were way to big for me to try to move though. I don't have a truck, I didn't have help...those things are damn heavy. I wanted them all too.
I don't remember BBH and GT 99 being much bigger than Outrun. Could have rented a U-Haul for $20 an hour like my neighbor recently did.

Monitors can be difficult to repair, and insanely expensive to replace. CRTs are considered a specialty market these days, and typically only get produced for specific purposes. Thanks to how affordable flat-panel displays have gotten, and how arcades have fallen out of favor, arcade games are not considered a priority for CRT production. So getting a new replacement screen would be prohibitively expensive.

An alternative would be to get a capable conversion board on-line, and use that to output the video signal from the arcade board to a flat-panel display. This will introduce some lag, but with the right conversion board the lag can be kept to a minimum. And with the ability to use flat-panel HDMI screens, your possibilities for replacement expand dramatically. It's not an authentic solution, but it is considerably more affordable and less hassle.

Monitors can be difficult to repair, and insanely expensive to replace. CRTs are considered a specialty market these days, and typically only get produced for specific purposes. Thanks to how affordable flat-panel displays have gotten, and how arcades have fallen out of favor, arcade games are not considered a priority for CRT production. So getting a new replacement screen would be prohibitively expensive.

An alternative would be to get a capable conversion board on-line, and use that to output the video signal from the arcade board to a flat-panel display. This will introduce some lag, but with the right conversion board the lag can be kept to a minimum. And with the ability to use flat-panel HDMI screens, your possibilities for replacement expand dramatically. It's not an authentic solution, but it is considerably more affordable and less hassle.
I know a guy who did that to an old Galaxian machine. He must have replaced more than the monitor, as it could play many different games besides Galaxian. There's also a Ms. Pac-Man at a classic gaming bar near me that they did the same thing with. With OutRun, you open it up to all sorts of driving games, like Super Monaco GP, Chase HQ, and OutRun's sequels Turbo and Runners.

I picked up a Legends Ultimate Arcade system from Sam's club last weekend and finally got it put together. But man, there's so much info on what to do or there to put all the games on there, but to do it the right way, and stuff about countdowns and firmware versions, it makes my head spin

I picked up a Legends Ultimate Arcade system from Sam's club last weekend and finally got it put together. But man, there's so much info on what to do or there to put all the games on there, but to do it the right way, and stuff about countdowns and firmware versions, it makes my head spin
fansofsauce, join discord, samsung fit plus usb

Not sure if this was mentioned, not really arcade related but made by Arcade 1up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitygametable/infinity-game-table-by-arcade1up?utm_source=zoho&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=launch

Pricey, but very cool if you are looking for a new way to do family game nights.
That is pretty damn neat.

But it's WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY more than I would ever pay for anything like that lol.

Especially knowing the build quality of A1up cabs.

Not sure if this was mentioned, not really arcade related but made by Arcade 1up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitygametable/infinity-game-table-by-arcade1up?utm_source=zoho&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=launch

Pricey, but very cool if you are looking for a new way to do family game nights.
Saw that browsing board games. Much better to custom build a gaming table and drop a monitor in. Can use it for regular board games and campaign maps if you dabble in that at all.

Yeah. I think I'm over Arcade1Up. The only cab I have is the limited edition Marvel Super Heroes cab, but I just can't justify these prices anymore compared to the games and amount of games each has. The board game table is a really cool idea, but the only model worth getting is $700 (as discussed) during the Kickstarter! I know licensing, but still, damn.

Really long interview with retro Ralph and John D from Arcade1up. Lots of quick reveals and tidbits about upcoming cabinets.

https://youtu.be/e35lj4uaDZ0

Worth a watch. Biggest takeaway for me is golden tee/bowling is still happening, it’s no longer silver strike bowling but sounds like it’ll be World Class Bowling (awesome game), may have newer golden tee games on it, may have online leaderboards, and may have a different form factor. A pedestal would be SICK.

Really long interview with retro Ralph and John D from Arcade1up. Lots of quick reveals and tidbits about upcoming cabinets.

https://youtu.be/e35lj4uaDZ0

Worth a watch. Biggest takeaway for me is golden tee/bowling is still happening, it’s no longer silver strike bowling but sounds like it’ll be World Class Bowling (awesome game), may have newer golden tee games on it, may have online leaderboards, and may have a different form factor. A pedestal would be SICK.
Any mention or update of the fabled upcoming MK anniversary cab?

I'm so bummed to have apparently missed when the marvel superheroes cabs got clearanced here in south florida. My goal was to get one of those and build my tankstick and pc into it.

Kinda surprised they sold out of the Golden Axe cab.  Never saw it was "limited" like the BurgerTime cab.  Unless they are just sold out of their first run and will eventually put it back up.  

Kinda surprised they sold out of the Golden Axe cab. Never saw it was "limited" like the BurgerTime cab. Unless they are just sold out of their first run and will eventually put it back up.
Pretty sure on the link I posted earlier (retro Ralph) John D said it’ll be coming to retailers but likely with a higher price point.

Pretty sure on the link I posted earlier (retro Ralph) John D said it’ll be coming to retailers but likely with a higher price point.
Yeah according to the interview, Golden Axe is coming to at least one US retailer in 2021 @ $499.

I was also glad to hear from that interview that A1U has plans to revisit the Gen 1 games with updated cabinets.

Yeah according to the interview, Golden Axe is coming to at least one US retailer in 2021 @ $499.

I was also glad to hear from that interview that A1U has plans to revisit the Gen 1 games with updated cabinets.
John kept saying “new form factor” a few times too. And mentioned a sit down driving cab followed by a standing cab.

I’d buy a golden tee/bowling pedestal cab in a heartbeat. A sit down outrun would also be slick.

If those sitdown racing cabs are 3/4 scale, adults will not be able to even fit in them lol.

I can't imagine how much they will charge for a sit down racing cab too.

I'd imagine a sit down driving cab would be similar in construction to the star wars arcade sit down cab they made with the pull out bench.   Not sure how functional that was for adults... and I likely will never find out.

That's good to hear. Don't want to overpay a third party for it only to find out it's damaged when I open the box.

This initially sold for $399 and now I see it's sold out at $499. Did they instantly jack the price up or something?

This initially sold for $399 and now I see it's sold out at $499. Did they instantly jack the price up or something?
That was asked in the interview. John said 399 was the “special initial price” or whatever he referred to it as and that 499 is the regular retail price.

Edit: here’s another video I just found that sort of condenses everything from the retro Ralph video:

https://youtu.be/lkd_ad3u4FY

That was asked in the interview. John said 399 was the “special initial price” or whatever he referred to it as and that 499 is the regular retail price.

Edit: here’s another video I just found that sort of condenses everything from the retro Ralph video:

https://youtu.be/lkd_ad3u4FY
I don't recall them mentioning a "special initial price" when they first listed it. I don't know if that would've sold me on jumping on it (no matter the price, I don't have room since I'm sure they will come up with something I'd prefer over Golden Axe). I was close to getting it and thought I was going to, but then Super Pac-Man popped up out of nowhere.

I wonder if this really "sold out" or if they just decided to cut off their $400 orders and send the rest to retailers. Then again, I have a feeling the $500 version probably won't be the exact same configuration and they'll throw in a stool. Although, it is sold by a retailer in Canada for would amount to $457 USD.

I thought about picking up Golden Axe at $399, but didn't.  That said, after shipping and tax, wasn't that already coming out to closer to $499 in the end?  I thought I've read that the shipping cost direct was really high.  If so, the idea of it being $499 wouldn't bother me as much.  Yeah, you'd still get tax tacked on, but if you can find one that even slightly on sale, it more or less balances itself out.

I've been thinking more and more about picking up a Legends Ultimate and will probably do so before the end of the year.  If that happens, I'll likely only be interested in Arcade 1ups that have unique controls like Star Wars or the racing games.  Looking forward to the announcements on these pinball machines and wish the At Games one would get a full final reveal.

I thought about picking up Golden Axe at $399, but didn't. That said, after shipping and tax, wasn't that already coming out to closer to $499 in the end? I thought I've read that the shipping cost direct was really high. If so, the idea of it being $499 wouldn't bother me as much. Yeah, you'd still get tax tacked on, but if you can find one that even slightly on sale, it more or less balances itself out.

I've been thinking more and more about picking up a Legends Ultimate and will probably do so before the end of the year. If that happens, I'll likely only be interested in Arcade 1ups that have unique controls like Star Wars or the racing games. Looking forward to the announcements on these pinball machines and wish the At Games one would get a full final reveal.
I actually got it at $399. Shipping + tax was about an extra $60. Received it a couple weeks ago.

Being someone that has almost always flat out refused to pay anywhere close to full price for any of these, have to say I'm astonishingly pleased with this. First off, it has a light up marquee, which I wasn't expecting for some reason (based on things I may have heard when it was first announced). Secondly, the artwork and design look awesome. Third, the lineup of games just works great. I seriously find myself playing the original Golden Axe more than anything else for some reason - I'm not even really sure why, but I think it has to do with the sounds and music just being so iconic. Also, that Wrestle War game, which I initially wrote off as a waste of a space bust, is actually surprisingly fun.

Not completely without out-of-the-box quality issues, but nowhere near what it was a couple years ago. Overall, I'm pretty damn satisfied with this one, especially knowing I dodged an overnight price hike, which I'm guessing was some sort of pricing error now being camoflagued as a launch discount.

I thought about picking up Golden Axe at $399, but didn't. That said, after shipping and tax, wasn't that already coming out to closer to $499 in the end? I thought I've read that the shipping cost direct was really high. If so, the idea of it being $499 wouldn't bother me as much. Yeah, you'd still get tax tacked on, but if you can find one that even slightly on sale, it more or less balances itself out.

I've been thinking more and more about picking up a Legends Ultimate and will probably do so before the end of the year. If that happens, I'll likely only be interested in Arcade 1ups that have unique controls like Star Wars or the racing games. Looking forward to the announcements on these pinball machines and wish the At Games one would get a full final reveal.
Didn’t atgames reveal it today?

Not a fighting game fan myself, so if there was I wasn’t listening, sorry.
no worries, was jus reaching for straws, since he only casually mentioned it a while back, but nothing since then.. but then you have the quote below...

WAIT, what? DEETS MY man, do we know what cabs or was jus a one liner ala "we'll probably redo the gen 1 cabs at some point" type of quote?

WAIT, what? DEETS MY man, do we know what cabs or was jus a one liner ala "we'll probably redo the gen 1 cabs at some point" type of quote?
Disclaimer: I didn't watch the interview directly, but one of those cliff-notes summaries of the interview on Youtube. IIRC, JohnD talked about an updated version of the SFII cabinet with wifi online support. He also mentioned A1U looking at revisiting the other Gen1 cabs in more of a "12-in-1" format.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the interview directly, but one of those cliff-notes summaries of the interview on Youtube. IIRC, JohnD talked about an updated version of the SFII cabinet with wifi online support. He also mentioned A1U looking at revisiting the other Gen1 cabs in more of a "12-in-1" format.
Oof, I'd be pretty pissed if I owned any of the cabs getting a refresh, or them combining certain games into one. Just goes to show how much of a ripoff they've been from the start if they could have clearly put more games in one cab.

I have no problem with them updating old cabinets. Makes perfect sense. I bought a pacman at launch and still love it- not at all upset with all the newer versions.

I imagine updated ones will cost more too... I mean, they've all climbed up in price since wave 1... I'm fine with my Final Fight I paid 125 or so for :D

Oof, I'd be pretty pissed if I owned any of the cabs getting a refresh, or them combining certain games into one. Just goes to show how much of a ripoff they've been from the start if they could have clearly put more games in one cab.
Doubtful many people paid 300+ for the first wave.

Doubtful many people paid 300+ for the first wave.
And just as many refused to pay more than clearance prices I’m sure. Not sure how they’d remain sustainable with a higher price on these with Walmart basically tossing them on clearance the moment they get them these days. Pretty clear store managers hate the inventory overhead of lost space on these. . .

gotcha, and thanks for the recap!

Legends Ultimate people... anyone know the big differences with the newer versions vs the original? I have a chance to get a lightly used 1.0 Walmart version for $400 and I'm wondering if there's enough in the new one that I should wait for a deal on the new Sam's Club instead.

Pretty clear store managers hate the inventory overhead of lost space on these. . .
Interestingly enough, My store both online, and via the app in-store on walmart wifi, along with brickseek show ZERO stock for tmnt cab, nba jam, and golden tee. Yet I went to the store for something else and I see a gang of TMNT cabs, 3 nba jam's and 4 golden tee's and 3 ms pac man?

However all ring up the $399.90 price..... FIDDLESTICKS

Also found a store, probably the last one in the nation p/BS with 4-5 MK cabs in stock... Was able to locate a friend in that area, tell me why in the arcade1up aisle she says she only saw tmnt, nbajam, and golden tee, even tho BS said zero stock for those, and not a sign of any MK cabs anywhere...

For kicks and giggles and since she is real nice on the eyes, I told her to ask one of the electronics guys about the MK cab, to see if any in the back.. Sure enough he was able to find 2 of them for her...

GUESS where it was? Behind the electronic's registers area, she said there was 2 of them back there, with stuff piled on em and nobody would know unless one of us who knows them, would even notice them there... :oldman:

Anyways, it rang up $299, she has me on speakerphone so I tell her to ask him if he can scan with the inventory gun and price match to what other stores have them for. I hear the guy say, "ask him what other stores are selling them for?" I told her to tell him $75/150, and I actually heard the kid say, "oh d@m I would even buy one for $150, thats an awesome price"

In the end, even tho she offered to go halfsies on it with me I told her thanks but no thanks, not looking to pay $300 for mk cab w/o riser.

So close tho....

Legends Ultimate people... anyone know the big differences with the newer versions vs the original? I have a chance to get a lightly used 1.0 Walmart version for $400 and I'm wondering if there's enough in the new one that I should wait for a deal on the new Sam's Club instead.
I think the main difference is the newer version has pinball buttons on the side.

I think the main difference is the newer version has pinball buttons on the side.
Don't you mean... "It has the greatest pinball buttons ever... you've never seen pinball buttons half as great as these!"

Also thanks! I'm hoping to get one of the virtual pinball cabs when they come out so I can do without pinball buttons on a horizontal screen setup. Only other thing I've found so far is that the side art can be swapped out on the new ones... which is a nice feature, but not worth paying an extra $100+ for.

bread's done
Back