The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legends Ultimate people... anyone know the big differences with the newer versions vs the original? I have a chance to get a lightly used 1.0 Walmart version for $400 and I'm wondering if there's enough in the new one that I should wait for a deal on the new Sam's Club instead.
I would try and get them down to $350.

Version 1.1 loses one hdmi port, just a single. Adds a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. Adds the pinball buttons...only from sams...have to purchase otherwise. The marquee is subtly different. There is a metal strip across control panel where ports are. With 1.1 you can swap out the control panel for the $200 gamer pro with 8 buttons. 1.1 has crappy looking interchangeable side art

I personally think the 1.0 is better built than 1.1. Also on 1.0 you can rollback the firmware to 4.20. This is before they required login for some services. Also this firmware allows a lot of awesome sauce things to be installed that can’t be done on the new cabs.

Version 1.1 loses one hdmi port, just a single. Adds a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. Adds the pinball buttons...only from sams...have to purchase otherwise. The marquee is subtly different. There is a metal strip across control panel where ports are. With 1.1 you can swap out the control panel for the $200 gamer pro with 8 buttons. 1.1 has crappy looking interchangeable side art

I personally think the 1.0 is better built than 1.1. Also on 1.0 you can rollback the firmware to 4.20. This is before they required login for some services. Also this firmware allows a lot of awesome sauce things to be installed that can’t be done on the new cabs.
Definitely won't miss the 2nd HDMI port. USB 3.0 upgrade would be nice, but retro arcade games aren't huge so I'm guessing the speed difference is negligible. If you swap to the Gamer Pro, wouldn't you lose the spinners? I'd definitely use the spinners more than 7th and 8th buttons. The side art on both is pretty crappy but it'd live between a bookshelf and a Star Wars Arcade1Up so it'll barely get seen anyway.

Better build quality is great but that firmware difference sounds like the real selling point here. I'll have to dig up more info on that (or if you already have a helpful link, it would be much appreciated)

Legends Ultimate people... anyone know the big differences with the newer versions vs the original? I have a chance to get a lightly used 1.0 Walmart version for $400 and I'm wondering if there's enough in the new one that I should wait for a deal on the new Sam's Club instead.
1) sams will have the 1.1 for $450 in their upcoming november deal. i got in on this last december ($450 free ship with plus) for the 1.0 at midnight using the sams app...love it no issues after almost a year of regular use

2) 1.0 sams and walmart versions are slightly different (sams all wood control panel and slightly larger)

3) 1.0 has access to old firmware, square gate for joystick (some later 1.0 might have octagonal), 2 hdmi ports, printed artwork, blast dongle (sams only)

4) 1.1 has usb 3 ports, replaceable control panel, optional pinball buttons (included with sams only), compatibility for upcoming accessories

5) 1.0 is not compatible with pinball buttons, may not be compatible with some upcoming accessories, no usb 3 ports, cannot swap in other control panels

6) 1.1 side art is bad unless you either don’t apply it or purchase the acrylic covers, only 1 hdmi port, cannot download old or current firmware

Hang on... the 1.1 can't download current firmware?!
I apologize for the confusion, I can download just about any firmware from a google drive on my computer and load it on the 1.0.

The 1.1 can download the latest firmware from the machine itself, but i don’t think they started hosting the individual firmwares any longer.

I know this is more about A1up but I'm working on a new project that I started today.

I'm in the process of converting Time Crisis 1 into JAMMA and made a little headway this morning.  I ordered all of my parts last week and went to start yesterday then realized for about 90% of the connectors I need I ordered the male pins when I needed female pins.  So I placed a new order yesterday from digikey with a bunch of female pins.

This is what I did this morning since these were different connectors/pins and I had the right ones for these.  The larger 9 pin connector on the bottom right is strictly power.  3 +5v wires, 4 GND wires, and 1 +12v wire.  Then I installed a new fan that is DC +12v since the stock one is 110v AC and not compatible with JAMMA.  And then I wired up a new connector to it and ran it to the JAMMA fingerboard.

zBcqFoX.jpg

This is pretty awesome. What do you have running in there?

Thought about doing something similar with this cab as the game selection is pretty weak, but the cabinet has probably the best artwork out of all of them.
rPi4 - 4GB inside. It runs Naomi well enough to be playable but has a few stutters here and there; obviously no issues running anything else pre-N64 era. I may consider just getting a Naomi down the line to throw in there for a true arcade port, but not pressed right now. The image is from Damaso on a 128GB SD and works flawlessly. I did do the $40 LED button kit upgrade, so no Sanwa obviously and the sticks are about the same as OEM but came with the upgrade pack. Word of warning you will need a new LCD control board and it gets tricky online because older cabs used a different one, but starting with ones like the Marvel it was the one linked. Replacing that means you'll need an amp for audio, so any of the $10 specials like Kinter are fine and don't forget a PSA unless it comes with one. You'll need to strip the speaker wires and run an RCA converter cable to plug it all in; definitely worth the sound upgrade.

Very easy project, but a bit pricey. The options to play thousands of games is a far cry from having to buy more Arcade1UP cabs though!

I gave it a go but they seem pretty set, after having already dropped the asking price from $450. It does come with the extra 3 year warranty though which is a pretty great bonus. So now the decision is...

Walmart 1.0 cab for $400 w/ ~2.5yr warranty
Or Sam's 1.1 cab for ~$500 after tax, membership, and Samsung Pay rebate

Any other A1up Mortal Kombat owners in here?  I can't get to the test menus using the  hold LP HK UP R B method.  I've noticed the videos online are all a year old, so I was wondering if they changed something in the last batch of units to stop the EJB or test menus.  Any input appreciated. 

Also, this might be my favorite A1up as Ultimate MK3 is the only fighting game I can consistently beat my 15 yr old son's ass in...boy does he get pissed. :D/

I gave it a go but they seem pretty set, after having already dropped the asking price from $450. It does come with the extra 3 year warranty though which is a pretty great bonus. So now the decision is...

Walmart 1.0 cab for $400 w/ ~2.5yr warranty
Or Sam's 1.1 cab for ~$500 after tax, membership, and Samsung Pay rebate
I would do the 1.0 unless you want/need the pinball buttons.

Any other A1up Mortal Kombat owners in here? I can't get to the test menus using the hold LP HK UP R B method. I've noticed the videos online are all a year old, so I was wondering if they changed something in the last batch of units to stop the EJB or test menus. Any input appreciated.

Also, this might be my favorite A1up as Ultimate MK3 is the only fighting game I can consistently beat my 15 yr old son's ass in...boy does he get pissed. :D/
Always important to keep kids in check.

just announced last week, $599 supposedly to be out by the end of this year

https://www.atgames.net/arcades/legends-pinball/

another option is arcade1up, im not sure the price. i think around $550

https://arcade1up.com/products/marvelpinball

IMO the atgames one seems like the best virtual pinball, especially for the price.
The one thing I saw on Youtube is that Zen won't let you bring over their games to the AtGames Legend, because of their contract with A1UP? Not sure I know all the details or if that matters to anyone, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I was considering making my own vpin, then thought I buy the At Games one, but guess I'll wait to see reviews of everything released and then make my decision from there.

The one thing I saw on Youtube is that Zen won't let you bring over their games to the AtGames Legend, because of their contract with A1UP? Not sure I know all the details or if that matters to anyone, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I was considering making my own vpin, then thought I buy the At Games one, but guess I'll wait to see reviews of everything released and then make my decision from there.
Zen allows users to activate “cabinet mode” on their computers for those people that build virtual pinball tables. What Zen doesn’t want (and it says so in their terms) is people selling cabinets and making money off that. My guess is it has something to do with that.

I’m building a virtual pinball table for myself. Been working on it here and there for the passed year or 2. I activated Cabinet Mode with Zen (had to fill it a form and email them a picture of the cabinet). It’s pretty cool in pinball fx3 on my machine.

Edit- building your own virtual pin is the way to go if you have the time, money, and know how. It is A LOT harder than building an arcade cabinet. If you stick with just Pinball FX3 it’s easy enough. If you cable in VPX or Future Pinball, it’s quite tricky. It’s also quite the rabbit hole- you can start off with a single screen or have 4 or 5 screens. The things you can do are CRAZY.

Double Edit: I still really like the Arcade1up pinball cab. Honestly I like it more than the AtGames one and I’d buy one if I had the room. Not a fan of the marvel one but the Star Wars or, better yet, attack from Mars table look SLICK.

I picked up the TMNT cab for $200.00 last night at Walmart. They also had MK and Marvel for $200 as well. I'm going to get one more but I can't decide between the two.

I picked up the TMNT cab for $200.00 last night at Walmart. They also had MK and Marvel for $200 as well. I'm going to get one more but I can't decide between the two.
Marvel. It has actual game variety stock if you're not planning to mod it. That and it's far harder to find now, so if you ever sold it you'd definitely turn a profit.

I think the main difference is the newer version has pinball buttons on the side.
I thought it just had the ability to add them but they weren't included? 1.1 also has 50 less game and you don't get access to the 47 Taito games that were released in two firmware updates. I think the build quality is supposed to better with 1.0.

Edit- building your own virtual pin is the way to go if you have the time, money, and know how. It is A LOT harder than building an arcade cabiet. If you stick with just Pinball FX3 it’s easy enough. If you cable in VPX or Future Pinball, it’s quite tricky. It’s also quite the rabbit hole- you can start off with a single screen or have 4 or 5 screens. The things you can do are CRAZY.

Double Edit: I still really like the Arcade1up pinball cab. Honestly I like it more than the AtGames one and I’d buy one if I had the room. Not a fan of the marvel one but the Star Wars or, better yet, attack from Mars table look SLICK.
Yeah, I've been researching building my own for a while and it seems pretty daunting.  May still go that route, we'll see.  I honestly don't see that much difference between the ATgames and Arcade 1UP machines.  I see a lot of people hyped on the Attack from Mars table but for me it's pretty meh. Different strokes for different folks I guess.  :bouncy:   I do like the BYOG option for the ATGames one and don't believe that's an option for the Arcade 1up one?  That alone would likely push me that route if that's the case.

Zen allows users to activate “cabinet mode” on their computers for those people that build virtual pinball tables. What Zen doesn’t want (and it says so in their terms) is people selling cabinets and making money off that. My guess is it has something to do with that.

I’m building a virtual pinball table for myself. Been working on it here and there for the passed year or 2. I activated Cabinet Mode with Zen (had to fill it a form and email them a picture of the cabinet). It’s pretty cool in pinball fx3 on my machine.

Edit- building your own virtual pin is the way to go if you have the time, money, and know how. It is A LOT harder than building an arcade cabinet. If you stick with just Pinball FX3 it’s easy enough. If you cable in VPX or Future Pinball, it’s quite tricky. It’s also quite the rabbit hole- you can start off with a single screen or have 4 or 5 screens. The things you can do are CRAZY.

Yeah, I've been researching building my own for a while and it seems pretty daunting. May still go that route, we'll see. I honestly don't see that much difference between the ATgames and Arcade 1UP machines. I see a lot of people hyped on the Attack from Mars table but for me it's pretty meh. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :bouncy: I do like the BYOG option for the ATGames one and don't believe that's an option for the Arcade 1up one? That alone would likely push me that route if that's the case.

Yeah, I've been researching building my own for a while and it seems pretty daunting. May still go that route, we'll see. I honestly don't see that much difference between the ATgames and Arcade 1UP machines. I see a lot of people hyped on the Attack from Mars table but for me it's pretty meh. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :bouncy: I do like the BYOG option for the ATGames one and don't believe that's an option for the Arcade 1up one? That alone would likely push me that route if that's the case.
Personally I like the way the Arcade1up looks a lot better than the atgames. The AtGames will be awesome though if you can truly add tables to it- and by add tables I mean add tables in cabinet mode with the correct point of view and al that. It’s nowhere near as simple as just adding roms.

Have you ever played attack from Mars? AWESOME table.

Does anyone have any reccomendations to get a full-size arcade cabinet with accomodations for 4-player retropi? As close to kit-like is ideal as I don't really find the joy in picking parts out, I just want something to be full size, work, and be cheap. I don't need help with the retropi setup, but I don't have experience installing switches and I want as little woodworking as possible.

I thought it just had the ability to add them but they weren't included? 1.1 also has 50 less game and you don't get access to the 47 Taito games that were released in two firmware updates. I think the build quality is supposed to better with 1.0.
If it were up to me, every beautiful new Arcade Legends Ultimate would come with those beautiful pinball buttons. But apparently only the Sam's 1.1 versions do. PelosiCat and those communist Democats in the house blocked the bill that would have given EVERYONE tremendous, so very tremendous, pinball buttons. I wanted everyone to have them, but they said NO! It's the lefts fault, everyone knows it! LIBERATE THE BUTTONS!!

Well Attack from Mars was one I originally wanted so that hasn't changed. Wish they were being released a little later as I have a PS5 and Big Buck Hunter on preorder already.

LOL those A1up pinballs are 24" playing fields?  

Holy crap that is TINY.  My monitor hooked up to this laptop is 24" and I could not imagine playing pinball on it turned 90 degrees lol.

Marvel pinball preorder sold out at Gamestop. Attack from Mars is the one I am going to try and get when it goes live.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about the Frogger Arcade 1Up until I saw it listed on Best Buy's page. I get that it comes with a stool, and I believe a light up marquee, but $500 for three games? Only one of those being Frogger. Aren't there like ten versions of Frogger? They couldn't have added a few more Frogger games?

bread's done
Back