The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outrun up for pre-order. "Sit-down" configuration and $500. They call it an "online first release", so I guess the first batch will be sold direct.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/available-direct-from-arcade1up/products/outrun%E2%84%A2-seated-arcade-cabinet
Interesting. $500 and amount of consumed floorspace instantly elicits consternation... having something with a wheel and games other than just outrun make me curious.

Never even heard of any of those other games. Are they any good?

Don't recall seeing this mentioned, but HSN has an exclusive Pac-Man Plus.  While I've been getting most of these Pac-Man cabs for nostalgic reasons, I don't think I can do this one since the biggest aesthetic difference from the original is a marquee swap.  They did light up the area under the control panel for the first time which is.... kinda weird?  The game configuration is the exact same as the Pac-Man cocktail table.

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-pac-man-full-size-5-ft-arcade-machine-and-ris/9647347

I just noticed HSN has an exclusive Ms. Pac-Man, too, with the light-up area under the control panel.  It also differs from the Best Buy "exclusive" by swapping out Galaxian for Pac-Mania.... and being $50 cheaper.

I am annoyed that Arcade1Up told me the light-up marquee was exclusive to Best Buy when I inquired about the $50 higher price.  Based on a review at WalMart.com, their cab also had the light-up marquee for $50 cheaper than Best Buy.  I have no idea what warrants the higher price at Best Buy.   

I don't think I really like that light up area under the control panel.  I don't recall ever seeing something like that in an arcade.  It seems like an odd thing to throw into the mix.  Although, I guess they started going down the weird lighting path when they added some LED light strips with the Costco Super Pac-Man cab (I did not put them on).  

arcade1up-ms-pac-man-full-size-5-ft-arcade-machine-and--d-20201019080629683~723099_alt7.jpg

I just noticed HSN has an exclusive Ms. Pac-Man, too, with the light-up area under the control panel. It also differs from the Best Buy "exclusive" by swapping out Galaxian for Pac-Mania.... and being $50 cheaper.

I am annoyed that Arcade1Up told me the light-up marquee was exclusive to Best Buy when I inquired about the $50 higher price. Based on a review at WalMart.com, their cab also had the light-up marquee for $50 cheaper than Best Buy. I have no idea what warrants the higher price at Best Buy.

I don't think I really like that light up area under the control panel. I don't recall ever seeing something like that in an arcade. It seems like an odd thing to throw into the mix. Although, I guess they started going down the weird lighting path when they added some LED light strips with the Costco Super Pac-Man cab (I did not put them on).

arcade1up-ms-pac-man-full-size-5-ft-arcade-machine-and--d-20201019080629683~723099_alt7.jpg
I don't get the point of that crotch light. Plus that poor old man is probably going to be bedridden for a week after tweaking his neck during that gaming session. I mean are original Pac-Man fans really 80 at this point? Arcade1up continues to seems like it's run by millenials who heard of arcade games for the first time while researching it for a senior project.

Does anyone have any reccomendations to get a full-size arcade cabinet with accomodations for 4-player retropi? As close to kit-like is ideal as I don't really find the joy in picking parts out, I just want something to be full size, work, and be cheap. I don't need help with the retropi setup, but I don't have experience installing switches and I want as little woodworking as possible.
If you already have some parts like USB arcade sticks and a TV you're not using, you could make a pretty easy wire shelf arcade.

This was my fun pandemic project as I already had the MK sticks, marquee and shelves. Just picked up a refurbished Windows 10 workstation from Newegg and a 40" HDTV from Target.

I have zero woodworking knowledge/skill/tools and didn't want to break the bank so this was perfect for me. Plus I'm 6'3", so an arcade 1up was a little too small.[attachment=34866:20201103_042344.jpg]

If you already have some parts like USB arcade sticks and a TV you're not using, you could make a pretty easy wire shelf arcade.

This was my fun pandemic project as I already had the MK sticks, marquee and shelves. Just picked up a refurbished Windows 10 workstation from Newegg and a 40" HDTV from Target.

I have zero woodworking knowledge/skill/tools and didn't want to break the bank so this was perfect for me. Plus I'm 6'3", so an arcade 1up was a little too small.
attachicon.gif
20201103_042344.jpg
what in the ACTUAL FLIP.. this is AWESOME!!!!!!

Do you have a build guide link or video process, I just want more details man, this is so cooL!

Also whats running it all, emulation, rasp pi, pc?

Deets on those sticks as well please..

My dream has always been to own an MK cab, ideally the MK3 Ultimate, but wow, this would definitely suffice...

Any owners of the gen 1 Countercades here?  Are they worth it, are they even fun? My target has 2 left, and I'm debating on whether to pull the trigger or not? They are at 70% CLEARANCE which to me is insane, for $199 a pop no way in h311 could I envision anyone buying them...  However for $60 each, I can now see it, particularly if one can mod them.. 

So hopefully some actual owners can offer their input and opinion if they are even worth it at $60. 

Personally I'm looking at buying them with the thought to turn em into NES cabinets.. but with everything needed to do that, its easily another $100 invested into them.  So i'm thinking its not WORTH IT.

Appreciate any input and advise on this.. 

[attachment=34867:20201107_114853.jpg]

It was surprisingly easy to do. I just took a 72" tall, 36" wide, 18" deep wire shelf, turned the 4th shelf up from the bottom vertical and attached it to the third shelf with velcro wire straps for a hinge like effect.

[attachment=34872:Screenshot_20201107-121416_Gallery.jpg]

Used a wall mounting plate to secure the TV to the shelf. With the velcro hinges, I can now adjust the angle if needed. The 40" TV is 36" wide, which worked perfectly with the shelf width.

[attachment=34871:Screenshot_20201107-121203_Gallery.jpg]

For the joysticks, used a 36" tall, 36" wide and 14" deep wire shelf. I turned the top shelf upside down so there is a lip going around the shelf. Keeps the sticks in place no matter how rough I am with them. The sticks are the PDP Mortal Kombat sticks that came out in 2011. Luckily 2 of them side by side is exactly 36".

[attachment=34873:20201107_120400.jpg]

For the emulation, I picked up an i5 Windows 10 refurbished workstation with 8gb of ram for $100 on newegg. I'm running standard MAME with an Attract Mode front end. It can play everything I've tossed at it so far, like Killer Instinct 2 and Mortal Kombat 4.

I just wanted something that felt like an arcade machine. I've used the sticks while sitting on the couch and it isn't the same feel. With this, it's perfect for me. After a long night of work I can dissappear to the basement and pretend it's 1994 again.

attachicon.gif
20201107_114853.jpg

It was surprisingly easy to do. I just took a 72" tall, 36" wide, 18" deep wire shelf, turned the 4th shelf up from the bottom vertical and attached it to the third shelf with velcro wire straps for a hinge like effect.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20201107-121416_Gallery.jpg

Used a wall mounting plate to secure the TV to the shelf. With the velcro hinges, I can now adjust the angle if needed. The 40" TV is 36" wide, which worked perfectly with the shelf width.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20201107-121203_Gallery.jpg

For the joysticks, used a 36" tall, 36" wide and 14" deep wire shelf. I turned the top shelf upside down so there is a lip going around the shelf. Keeps the sticks in place no matter how rough I am with them. The sticks are the PDP Mortal Kombat sticks that came out in 2011. Luckily 2 of them side by side is exactly 36".

attachicon.gif
20201107_120400.jpg

For the emulation, I picked up an i5 Windows 10 refurbished workstation with 8gb of ram for $100 on newegg. I'm running standard MAME with an Attract Mode front end. It can play everything I've tossed at it so far, like Killer Instinct 2 and Mortal Kombat 4.

I just wanted something that felt like an arcade machine. I've used the sticks while sitting on the couch and it isn't the same feel. With this, it's perfect for me. After a long night of work I can dissappear to the basement and pretend it's 1994 again.
HOLY MUTHa.... wow, just wow!! This is what I was looking for, I could literally do this today, not same exact shelves but similar, oh and would have to source some type of usb joysticks.. Looking on ebay as we speak for the pdp mk sticks

Thanks man, great share and very inspiring for sure so very appreciated!

Any owners of the gen 1 Countercades here? Are they worth it, are they even fun? My target has 2 left, and I'm debating on whether to pull the trigger or not? They are at 70% CLEARANCE which to me is insane, for $199 a pop no way in h311 could I envision anyone buying them... However for $60 each, I can now see it, particularly if one can mod them..

So hopefully some actual owners can offer their input and opinion if they are even worth it at $60.

Personally I'm looking at buying them with the thought to turn em into NES cabinets.. but with everything needed to do that, its easily another $100 invested into them. So i'm thinking its not WORTH IT.

Appreciate any input and advise on this..
I don't have one but was thinking of pulling the trigger on the Galaga one that is $99 at BB. I just don't really have anywhere I think I can put it. For $60 each I would buy both and figure out what to do with them later.

But I also have a decent amount of disposable income and buy tons of shit I never get around to using so take that with a grain of salt.

Wow, Cezar24. At first I was like "wait, what kind of weird contraption is that?", but then you left me in awe. It looks like such an awesome diy arcade (especially for some of us who don't want to deal with wood working, paint, screws, etc.) Major props, brotha.

Oh, Trumpcat! Time to go to the vet for your neutering!
HAPPY VETERINARIANS DAY TO ALL THE VETS WHO VOTED FOR ME FROM YOUR CAT PRESIDENT FOR FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! WE ONE THIS ELECTION BY A LOT!!!! DON'T LET BIDENCAT AND THE DUMBOCATS STEAL THIS ELECTION!!!! THE FAKE NEWS DOESN'T CALL THE ELECTION, UNLESS THEY CALL IT FOR ME!!!! STILL ENJOYING MY LEGENDS ULTIMATE THANKS TO MY TREMENDOUS WORK WITH PROJECT WARPSPEED!!!!! STAND BY PROUDCATS!!!!

$50 off if BB thinks November is your birthday month and if you haven't redeemed the coupon on something else.
YMMV - I couldn't seem to get this to apply last month to any arcade 1ups. Wanted to pick up Star Wars and it wouldn't discount it.

In other news, just picked up the Legends Ultimate at Sam's Club today. Looking forward to getting it set up.

YMMV - I couldn't seem to get this to apply last month to any arcade 1ups. Wanted to pick up Star Wars and it wouldn't discount it.

In other news, just picked up the Legends Ultimate at Sam's Club today. Looking forward to getting it set up.
Well that sucks. BB.com shows it for me today, which is what made me think of it.

The Meijer in Westland and Ann Arbor, MI have the NBA Jam arcade for $250. Had my friend pick it up. Have them scan it because it had a sticker for $449.99.

Looking at 7 40th pacman 1ups at Walmart listed at $299...is there a pending sale on these things?
Not so far. They are fairly new units, and I don't think there was anything in the Walmart BF ad about any A1UP's.

Having said that, one or two Walmarts put them on clearance for $75 near me. I think they just screwed up the pricing from the previous Pac Man.

Might be worth checking brickseek.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=870667743

Not so far. They are fairly new units, and I don't think there was anything in the Walmart BF ad about any A1UP's.

Having said that, one or two Walmarts put them on clearance for $75 near me. I think they just screwed up the pricing from the previous Pac Man.

Damn, I'd be all over one at $75. No such luck around me. Looks like stock is up a few units at several stores according to bs but I've never seen 7 in any location including this one.

Hopefully these get a nice sale price announcement!

Last year A1UPs were not in any ads. The low prices were store specific, and in-store signage was usually incorrectly marked.

Yup, price changed now. I bought two for $60 total yesterday.

Started setup on this yesterday. The build was fairly easy and feels solid. That said, after that, it basically took a large part of the rest of the day to get it up and running because the out of the box firmware is hot garbage. I couldn't get the thing to log into my wifi, no matter what I tried. I eventually had to go out and get a 50ft LAN cable so I could hook the thing into my router. Once I did that, I was able to download the latest firmware and the wifi issue seems to be fixed now too.

Didn't get a chance to add any games on it, because of the setup struggle, but played tempest from the pre-loaded games and played well. Will hopefully get some more games on it tonight to really put it through it's paces.

I hope they have another sale on Quarter Arcade units this year, or Replicade, especially with their Dragon's Lair release.
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same, even though I think the asking price for these are fair, I prefer to get them all at a discount. The only Quarter arcade I'm missing is Galaxian(of the 1st four), as I missed a $100 deal at Walmart earlier in the year. GS had all their Quarter Arcades on sale during BF last year(even preorders), so fingers crossed for the same type of deal again. I would for sure grab all the upcoming units as well, if a good deal is to be had.

As for the Replicade, they have been getting low on old stock on their site(been getting low stock alert emails), so doubtful you see a deal there, and Dragons Lair is new and selling well, so no chance for a deal on those. The best I'm looking forward to directly, may be the token machine USB hub(or walkman replicade, etc.), as I missed those when launched, and would love to grab a few, but not at full price. I actually just checked their site, and their sold out of all their old machines, so all that's left is the side project items and the newest ones.

Numskull did have direct sells last year during BF, but after shipping and other things, they weren't that great of deals. It's more likely we see Walmart or GS have a decent deal, but that will depend on how much inventory they have, and how bad they want to move merch. These are pretty big, take up huge space, and are very, very niche items, so some decent deals may happen again, fingers crossed?

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same, even though I think the asking price for these are fair, I prefer to get them all at a discount. The only Quarter arcade I'm missing is Galaxian(of the 1st four), as I missed a $100 deal at Walmart earlier in the year. GS had all their Quarter Arcades on sale during BF last year(even preorders), so fingers crossed for the same type of deal again. I would for sure grab all the upcoming units as well, if a good deal is to be had.

As for the Replicade, they have been getting low on old stock on their site(been getting low stock alert emails), so doubtful you see a deal there, and Dragons Lair is new and selling well, so no chance for a deal on those. The best I'm looking forward to directly, may be the token machine USB hub(or walkman replicade, etc.), as I missed those when launched, and would love to grab a few, but not at full price. I actually just checked their site, and their sold out of all their old machines, so all that's left is the side project items and the newest ones.

Numskull did have direct sells last year during BF, but after shipping and other things, they weren't that great of deals. It's more likely we see Walmart or GS have a decent deal, but that will depend on how much inventory they have, and how bad they want to move merch. These are pretty big, take up huge space, and are very, very niche items, so some decent deals may happen again, fingers crossed?
Yes, looks like Replicade is going the route of Hallmark ornaments - they go out of print once initial interest is satiated. None of their machines are even listed on Amazon now. I'll probably end up biting the bullet and paying full price rather than missing out entirely. Wish I had jumped on it last year, but I was more interested in Arcade 1ups, and turned my nose up at something so small and insignificant.

Over on the A1U Reddit page, posters are reporting that a basic (no light-up marquee or riser) version of X-Men vs Street Fighter cab has started to appear on Walmart shelves this week for $299.

Yes, looks like Replicade is going the route of Hallmark ornaments - they go out of print once initial interest is satiated. None of their machines are even listed on Amazon now. I'll probably end up biting the bullet and paying full price rather than missing out entirely. Wish I had jumped on it last year, but I was more interested in Arcade 1ups, and turned my nose up at something so small and insignificant.
Yeah, for all the interest in A1up & Legends, I'm all about authenticity, so I'm all in on the Quarter Arcades and Replicades. If I had to guess, I would say Dragons Lair brought more attention to their past offerings, especially since it's the best they've offered so far. NW Toys just offered "Asteroids" at their normal $90 early preorder price, but I didn't have the funds, and not really a huge fan of that game, so I passed for now. I still may try to grab one for completions sake, but if they sell out before than, or another sale doesn't come along, I won't loose any sleep.

Yeah, for all the interest in A1up & Legends, I'm all about authenticity, so I'm all in on the Quarter Arcades and Replicades. If I had to guess, I would say Dragons Lair brought more attention to their past offerings, especially since it's the best they've offered so far. NW Toys just offered "Asteroids" at their normal $90 early preorder price, but I didn't have the funds, and not really a huge fan of that game, so I passed for now. I still may try to grab one for completions sake, but if they sell out before than, or another sale doesn't come along, I won't loose any sleep.
Hoping that the apparent success they've had with Dragon's Lair would encourage them to do Space Ace and/or Dragon's Lair II. Other laser games, such as MACH 3, would also be welcome. Unfortunately, my other favorite from the time, Cliff Hanger, will likely never come to fruition because of legal issues surrounding the video, but if they could somehow pull that one off, it would be awesome.

Damn, I'd be all over one at $75. No such luck around me. Looks like stock is up a few units at several stores according to bs but I've never seen 7 in any location including this one.

Hopefully these get a nice sale price announcement!
Yeah, when I saw this price I was excited. I called the store knowing that inventory counts suck on brickseek. I asked the lady in electronics to tell me which arcade1up's they had and she said Pac-Man and Mortal Kombat. I asked if she was sure that it wasn't MS. Pac-man and she said no, it's Pac-man. Drove to the store thinking I'll either get a $50 Pac-man or $75 40th Pac-man only to find a $299 MS. Pac-man. :bomb: Asked a worker in electronics if they had any in the back just to be sure and he came back and said no, all they had was Ms. Pac-man and Mortal Kombat 11...yes, eleven. :lol:

Last year A1UPs were not in any ads. The low prices were store specific, and in-store signage was usually incorrectly marked.
They were. Prices went active early, but demand wasn't too crazy for them at just $50 off. Searching for Galaga did lead me to a store where they were clearanced early. [attachment=34951:2018walbf32.jpg]

Hoping that the apparent success they've had with Dragon's Lair would encourage them to do Space Ace and/or Dragon's Lair II. Other laser games, such as MACH 3, would also be welcome. Unfortunately, my other favorite from the time, Cliff Hanger, will likely never come to fruition because of legal issues surrounding the video, but if they could somehow pull that one off, it would be awesome.
Yeah, I actually own a full size Cliff Hanger, but it's currently in storage until I can make room inside for it, so I feel your pain on this one. LOL The arcade cab while not overly amazing in the looks department, it was rather unique, as it had a blue/pink color scheme, and silver chrome like T-molding(the only place I've seen these features before). I agree, if they could pull that off, it would be one for the record books, as CH has never seen a version anywhere outside of the arcade original. Even some of the more unique FMV arcade games like Freedom Fighter and The Act have seen versions released, while somewhat different than the original offerings. I have zero idea of who is involved with the "rights" for this, but I'm sure it's a jumbled janky mess to say the least.

I think DL2 & Space Ace are a given at this point, especially with the success of the DL unit. And while I don't think either of those will do as well as DL did, I think they will do more than enough to justify them being made, and then some. I've never known Don Bluth and his partners in crime to leave dollars on the table. DL is probably the most ported game of all time(maybe hundreds of versions out there across all gens of gaming), as even the Game Boy had a version, and it was rather good to boot, who knew? LOL So I'm sure it's not an issue of "if", but of "when", and when will probably be sooner, rather than later?

bread's done
Back