The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the DMV area want my Gamer Pro + Samsung USB 128gb w/Coinopsx on it for $130? That's basically what I paid for it after taxes rounded up a couple bucks. I received it last Friday and played it 3x so it's virtually brand new.

If I don't get rid of it by this weekend it's going back to Walmart on Saturday.
After reading through the last 20-30 posts, I'm pretty convinced you should be putting that thing on Etsy for at least double what you're asking.

After reading through the last 20-30 posts, I'm pretty convinced you should be putting that thing on Etsy for at least double what you're asking.
I've had it on FB marketplace since Monday for $175 and as of this morning it has 23 views.

This thread jaded me making me think these things were popular but in reality they are super niche and I just didn't realize that until trying to sell it.

Yesterday I did a 1:1 test with my Retro Pie setup on my 120" screen, comparing Metal Slug and MK2, and yeah, this thing is just crap.

The RetroPie must put on some sort of filter by default or something because the graphics look much better and it's either some sort of smoothing filter or AA or something. You simply don't see any of the jagged pixel edges that are all over the place with the Gamer Pro. In Metal Slug I just sat there and touched nothing, and the idle animations on the main guy just looks so bad with how pixelated it is.

Additionally, the input lag is night and day difference.

So I immediately boxed it up and it's going back to Walmart either today or tomorrow, depending on if I have time after work today or not.

I've had it on FB marketplace since Monday for $175 and as of this morning it has 23 views.

This thread jaded me making me think these things were popular but in reality they are super niche and I just didn't realize that until trying to sell it.

Yesterday I did a 1:1 test with my Retro Pie setup on my 120" screen, comparing Metal Slug and MK2, and yeah, this thing is just crap.

The RetroPie must put on some sort of filter by default or something because the graphics look much better and it's either some sort of smoothing filter or AA or something. You simply don't see any of the jagged pixel edges that are all over the place with the Gamer Pro. In Metal Slug I just sat there and touched nothing, and the idle animations on the main guy just looks so bad with how pixelated it is.

Additionally, the input lag is night and day difference.

So I immediately boxed it up and it's going back to Walmart either today or tomorrow, depending on if I have time after work today or not.
Many people like the jagged pixels as that's how it was originally intended, also the slowdown is the fault of the emulator. Metal Slug has built in slowdown like at the arcade unless you speed up the emulation, and then it isn't like the arcade. The version you have probably applied a smoothing filter/AA and sped the internal emulation engine up to take out the slowdown.

Many people like the jagged pixels as that's how it was originally intended, also the slowdown is the fault of the emulator. Metal Slug has built in slowdown like at the arcade unless you speed up the emulation, and then it isn't like the arcade. The version you have probably applied a smoothing filter/AA and sped the internal emulation engine up to take out the slowdown.
I'm not talking about slowdown. I'm talking about input lag. They are two completely different things. It's also not how it was originally intended - it was performance issues, and it's why Metal Slug X came out to get rid of a lot of the performance issues.

And you are flat out wrong about the jagged pixels.

On CRT's there are "gaps" between the pixels and they aren't perfect squares. The pixels don't appear to be right up on eachother like on the new flat panel displays. Pixels on new flat panels are perfect squares. So you don't get nearly as jagged edges as you do on a real arcade game on a CRT as you do on an HDTV running in 1080p.

Also the games were originally intended to be displayed in low resolution as pixels, using the gaps/scanlines as part of the style, so upscaling just makes them look off.

Here is a decent thread on it too.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/what-is-the-reason-old-video-games-look-better-on-crt-tvs-than-computers.1638081/

This is a good example image of comparing what it looks like on new flat panel HDTVs vs. an old CRT.

Ct2R67m.jpg

And while RetroPie doesn't look quite as good as the right image there, it also doesn't look as bad as the left image there. The left image there is exactly what the Gamer Pro looks like. But as mentioned, I have an actual MAME cabinet running on a CRT in my KI2 cabinet, and having that with the RetroPie just leaves me no need for this laggy ugly mess that is the Gamer Pro

I'm not talking about slowdown. I'm talking about input lag. They are two completely different things. It's also not how it was originally intended - it was performance issues, and it's why Metal Slug X came out to get rid of a lot of the performance issues.

And you are flat out wrong about the jagged pixels.

On CRT's there are "gaps" between the pixels and they aren't perfect squares. The pixels don't appear to be right up on eachother like on the new flat panel displays. Pixels on new flat panels are perfect squares. So you don't get nearly as jagged edges as you do on a real arcade game on a CRT as you do on an HDTV running in 1080p.

Also the games were originally intended to be displayed in low resolution as pixels, using the gaps/scanlines as part of the style, so upscaling just makes them look off.

Here is a decent thread on it too.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/what-is-the-reason-old-video-games-look-better-on-crt-tvs-than-computers.1638081/

This is a good example image of comparing what it looks like on new flat panel HDTVs vs. an old CRT.

Ct2R67m.jpg

And while RetroPie doesn't look quite as good as the right image there, it also doesn't look as bad as the left image there. The left image there is exactly what the Gamer Pro looks like. But as mentioned, I have an actual MAME cabinet running on a CRT in my KI2 cabinet, and having that with the RetroPie just leaves me no need for this laggy ugly mess that is the Gamer Pro
I wasn't talking about input lag, either. I was talking about how Metal Slug has built in slowdown to emulate the original Arcade version since it was the goal to emulate that experience. If you want to use smoothing shaders, that's fine. But that's not how the original game was. If you want scanlines, there is a scanline filter you can apply on the Gamer Pro but unless you hook it up to the CRT, then it's not going to be the same as you stated.

I wasn't talking about input lag, either. I was talking about how Metal Slug has built in slowdown to emulate the original Arcade version since it was the goal to emulate that experience.
Well then I'm not sure why you even brought that up because nothing I said had anything to do with the performance of Metal Slug.

If you have a MAME setup running on a CRT in a dedicated cabinet, any other emulation you try will always look worse. I'm not even sure why you bothered with the Pie, unless you did that before the cabinet.

If you want an authentic arcade look with the Pro, you'd need to wire it to a PC strong enough to handle the shaders.

Just set up my Legends Ultimate cab today and I have to say--I'm actually impressed (never thought I would say that about an AtGames product). Assembly was a little more involved than I expected but I got it together OK. I'm running CoinopsX and while I'm blown away by the game selection, I'm a little disappointed by the exclusion of a few of my favorites. I guess the lack of MvC2 is due to the difficulty in Naomi emulation but is there any reason for no Area 51 and Primal Rage? Their absence is somewhat egregious (IMO). Also, is there any way to default this thing to always apply scanlines? These games look like ass on an LCD and the fake scanline filter does a decent job of making the games look "correct" to my eyes.

TL;DR:

I spent a lot of money on this cabinet. I regret nothing.

If you have a MAME setup running on a CRT in a dedicated cabinet, any other emulation you try will always look worse. I'm not even sure why you bothered with the Pie, unless you did that before the cabinet.

If you want an authentic arcade look with the Pro, you'd need to wire it to a PC strong enough to handle the shaders.
Yeah RetroPie was before MAME cabinet.

I also only have arcade games in my MAME cabinet. No console games or anything that I do on RetroPie.

Anyways, Walmart took it back no problems, and Best Buy took back my flash drive no problems, even though it was opened.

Just set up my Legends Ultimate cab today and I have to say--I'm actually impressed (never thought I would say that about an AtGames product). Assembly was a little more involved than I expected but I got it together OK. I'm running CoinopsX and while I'm blown away by the game selection, I'm a little disappointed by the exclusion of a few of my favorites. I guess the lack of MvC2 is due to the difficulty in Naomi emulation but is there any reason for no Area 51 and Primal Rage? Their absence is somewhat egregious (IMO). Also, is there any way to default this thing to always apply scanlines? These games look like ass on an LCD and the fake scanline filter does a decent job of making the games look "correct" to my eyes.

TL;DR:

I spent a lot of money on this cabinet. I regret nothing.
Same feelings here, except the game I'm bummed about missing is NFL Blitz. Apparently it doesn't work with the cabinet.

What are your favorite games to play? I'm trying to find some new ones to try.

It's been fun flipping through the selections in CoinOpsX, now that I've got it working. Libble Rabble is worth a peek, just because it's so friggin' strange. It's like someone was making string art on a pegboard and suddenly shot out of his chair, shouting, "This would make a FANTASTIC video game!"

No, really, that's literally the game. You've got two arrows bound together with a string, and you stretch them over pegs and then put the two arrows together (or have them both touch the edge of the screen) to catch mushrooms and wizards in the loop. You control each arrow with a single joystick, but unlike Robotron: 2084 or Katamari Damacy, it doesn't feel natural. You'll lose track of which arrow is controlled with which joystick, and if either arrow touches an enemy you lose a life. It's perplexing, it's frustrating... it's naggingly compelling. You'll go back to it despite not really knowing what the hell is going on or why Namco didn't immediately ship the lead designer out to the nearest mental health hospital.

Same feelings here, except the game I'm bummed about missing is NFL Blitz. Apparently it doesn't work with the cabinet.

I know--it's overwhelming how many games are included! So far I've just been playing my old favorites from the arcade growing up in the 90's. Street Fighter 2, SF3: Third Strike, Garou, Rampage World Tour, Simpsons, TMNT, MKII, Aliens vs Predator, MvC, King of the Monsters 2, Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Super Star Wars, Donkey Kong (yeah I know it's not a 90's game but I played a ton on my GameBoy). You can tell I have a soft spot for Capcom/Konami lol. I think the hardware struggles with FMV/3D games hence the issues emulating Primal Rage and area 51. Imagine playing Time Crisis on this thing though!

I just purchased a replacement marquee for it (Fix it felix haha). Has anyone else done the same? I'm just as excited about modding this machine cosmetically as I am about playing it! I'm curious if anyone else here has made any hardware mods, customization to their cabs. The stock artwork is kinda boring IMO.

I'm glad you're having fun with it too. Definitely worth the splurge, no regrets so far.

I know--it's overwhelming how many games are included! So far I've just been playing my old favorites from the arcade growing up in the 90's. Street Fighter 2, SF3: Third Strike, Garou, Rampage World Tour, Simpsons, TMNT, MKII, Aliens vs Predator, MvC, King of the Monsters 2, Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Super Star Wars, Donkey Kong (yeah I know it's not a 90's game but I played a ton on my GameBoy). You can tell I have a soft spot for Capcom/Konami lol. I think the hardware struggles with FMV/3D games hence the issues emulating Primal Rage and area 51. Imagine playing Time Crisis on this thing though!

I just purchased a replacement marquee for it (Fix it felix haha). Has anyone else done the same? I'm just as excited about modding this machine cosmetically as I am about playing it! I'm curious if anyone else here has made any hardware mods, customization to their cabs. The stock artwork is kinda boring IMO.

I'm glad you're having fun with it too. Definitely worth the splurge, no regrets so far.
I’m a 1.0 owner and highly recommend a riser and the bitpixel marquee (i was able to get it for $100)

Blitz is one of those games that you just need a pc to emulate it, unless you are ok with playing a console version of blitz.

It’s one of the few games I have that made me use a pc for my main arcade cabinet build instead of using a Pi.

Blitz is one of those games that you just need a pc to emulate it, unless you are ok with playing a console version of blitz.

It’s one of the few games I have that made me use a pc for my main arcade cabinet build instead of using a Pi.
Yeah at some point around when polygons became a thing in the arcade you need to just recognize you have surpassed the Raspberry Pi and are looking for a more powerful solution. You can get Naomi games to work well, but that's just because the Dreamcast is in a pretty good place for emulation.

I use a Pi4 in mine, because the era I want to recreate is prior to that for which it works very well. I've considered a PC, but the Pi4 overclocked covers all of which I want on it (and I'm picky, if the game doesn't work pretty much as it should I don't put it on there). The only thing I don't like currently is I can't get overlays/bezels to work for Daphne games (I have the graphics for them). I don't think it is supported but if anyone has done something with it, I'd love some ideas.

You using a JPAC to interface with JAMMA from PC?

I think the hardware struggles with FMV/3D games hence the issues emulating Primal Rage and area 51.
This is correct and the folks who put together Coinops have said as much.  They've tried and unfortunately the ALU hardware isn't strong enough to handle anything like MVC2, Blitz, etc.

The 5.0 version of Coinops is supposed to be released fairly soon...

I think the hardware struggles with FMV/3D games hence the issues emulating Primal Rage and area 51. Imagine playing Time Crisis on this thing though!
This is correct and the folks who put together CoinOps for the ALU have said as much. They've tried and unfortunately the ALU hardware isn't strong enough to handle anything like MVC2, Blitz, etc.

The 5.0 version of CoinOps is supposed to be released fairly soon...

I bought one of those trackball shim kits for the AtGames Legends Gamer Pro, not realizing that I'd have to take the rubber feet off the unit to install it. If anyone wants them, they're yours for the price of shipping. PM me.

Can you not replace the feet once installed? I have a set and haven’t installed yet but I assumed the install doesn’t require permanently damaging the controller.

Oh, Blarney Stones. I just ordered those last week... would have rather paid five dollars for them than twelve. (I don't mind pulling the rubber feet off my system, because it's AtGames. You should have seen what I did to their Genesis clone to add a USB port!)

It's been fun flipping through the selections in CoinOpsX, now that I've got it working. Libble Rabble is worth a peek, just because it's so friggin' strange. It's like someone was making string art on a pegboard and suddenly shot out of his chair, shouting, "This would make a FANTASTIC video game!"

No, really, that's literally the game. You've got two arrows bound together with a string, and you stretch them over pegs and then put the two arrows together (or have them both touch the edge of the screen) to catch mushrooms and wizards in the loop. You control each arrow with a single joystick, but unlike Robotron: 2084 or Katamari Damacy, it doesn't feel natural. You'll lose track of which arrow is controlled with which joystick, and if either arrow touches an enemy you lose a life. It's perplexing, it's frustrating... it's naggingly compelling. You'll go back to it despite not really knowing what the hell is going on or why Namco didn't immediately ship the lead designer out to the nearest mental health hospital.
Maybe because Libble Rabble's lead designer was none other than Toru Iwatani - creator of Pac-Man.

Can you not replace the feet once installed? I have a set and haven’t installed yet but I assumed the install doesn’t require permanently damaging the controller.
They were just glued down on my unit. I pried them up, did the mod, and put them back on without any issues.

Worst case, buy some cheap 3M double sided strips and use those when you put them back on.

Has anyone seen any of the stools in store other than the TMNT one?  According to their website and brickseek that is the only one that is actually sold in stores and they have a lot of them in stock too around me.  I was just curious if anyone has seen any of the others in store.  I'm really just interested in the NBA Jam or MK one, but the MK one looks to be sold out everywhere and I could get the NBA Jam one but would have to order it.

Has anyone seen any of the stools in store other than the TMNT one? According to their website and brickseek that is the only one that is actually sold in stores and they have a lot of them in stock too around me. I was just curious if anyone has seen any of the others in store. I'm really just interested in the NBA Jam or MK one, but the MK one looks to be sold out everywhere and I could get the NBA Jam one but would have to order it.
They are the most uncomfortable stools I’ve had the misfortune to sit on. Bought two of the marvel ones and boxed them back up and returned them in less than an hour.

Yeah, if I ever did stools, I'd probably try to pick up something like what they use at casinos. I mean, those have to be good if people are gonna be there for hours, right?

What is uncomfortable about them?  Just hard or something?  I mean there isn't much to a stool that's why I'm asking.

Someone I know (online) who has a lot of real arcade games has some and he said they were great for sitting while playing his games so I'm curious what it is you don't like about them.

I like my Arcade1up stool. I got it for more than half off and I don’t sit at it for hours eat a time, so I can’t speak for that. But for short play sessions here and there I think it’s great. Definitely not worth what they sell them for at retail though.

I've never had any issue with my 1up stools as well. And I'm a pretty thin guy, so anything super hard/uncomfortable would be brutal on my lower back

Yeah I think I'm going to try and get one for my normal arcade games.  My back was bothering me the day after I was playing Lethal Enforcers 2 for a while and I think it's cause I was standing straight up for the whole time.  Damn I'm old lol.

So back to my initial question - anyone know if Walmart has more in stock than just the TMNT ones at the B&M stores?  According to Brickseek that is the only one but I also know BS isn't always accurate.

Yeah I think I'm going to try and get one for my normal arcade games. My back was bothering me the day after I was playing Lethal Enforcers 2 for a while and I think it's cause I was standing straight up for the whole time. Damn I'm old lol.

So back to my initial question - anyone know if Walmart has more in stock than just the TMNT ones at the B&M stores? According to Brickseek that is the only one but I also know BS isn't always accurate.
Usually just TMNT stools in stock based on Reddit posts. Online Walmart has TMNT, NBA Jam, and Marvel Super Heroes on sale for $49.

What is uncomfortable about them? Just hard or something? I mean there isn't much to a stool that's why I'm asking.

Someone I know (online) who has a lot of real arcade games has some and he said they were great for sitting while playing his games so I'm curious what it is you don't like about them.
Super hard. No real padding. Feels like there is a slab of wood right under the minimal cushion.

Have a couple cheapo bar stools from amazon that are infinitely more comfortable.

If cost isn’t an issue, this is the stool I bought to play Rocksmith, and works very well for the arcades. I got three of them now:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NROK--roc-n-soc-nitro-hydraulic-throne-black

Also get the back attachment:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RocNSocBkRst--roc-n-soc-throne-backrest-black
Yeah that's way more than I would spend lol.

And 24" max height seems too low for an arcade cabinet. Maybe an arcade1up cabinet but not a real arcade cabinet.

I just wish that costway one was Amazon prime.

Yeah that's way more than I would spend lol.

And 24" max height seems too low for an arcade cabinet. Maybe an arcade1up cabinet but not a real arcade cabinet.

I just wish that costway one was Amazon prime.
I also have an NBA Jam stool, and that one is 5” taller than the Roc N Soc. I’m a tall guy (6’), and find the NBA Jam one a bit too high for my tastes.

I also have an NBA Jam stool, and that one is 5” taller than the Roc N Soc. I’m a tall guy (6’), and find the NBA Jam one a bit too high for my tastes.
Yeah I like that the Amazon one is adjustable from 25" - 33" which is nice.

If I'm playing my KI2 cabinet then I probably don't want the stool as high as I would on my Maximum Force cabinet either, so it would be nice to be able to change based on that.

I feel really stupid but where do I find the pinball games? I bought the Pro and subbed. But I can't find any of them. :(

bread's done
Back