The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
at least there is still dave and busters and round 1.
We are lucky here. Round1 is 15 minutes away. Dave and Busters is a half hour away. There is a cool place called TimeLIne Arcade in York and Hanover, PA, which are 20 and 40 minutes away. You pay by the hour there, really cool place that takes me back.

Question for those who know.  I bought the Legends Core.  I installed coinopx….. the menus and games all there and load fine.  But… the lag….. it’s unbearable. I’m using an Xbox one controller, is this my problem?  Can someone advise a good controller?  I really wanna play these games. 😭

Connect your controller directly to the system if you have the option. If you don't, buy a USB hub, connect it to the Legends Core, then connect the controller and your flash drive to the hub. Reaction times should improve.

Connect your controller directly to the system if you have the option. If you don't, buy a USB hub, connect it to the Legends Core, then connect the controller and your flash drive to the hub. Reaction times should improve.
Yea I was thinking was gonna need wired mode

Make sure your TV is in game mode too
TV shouldn’t be the issue, it’s same setting for my ps5 and such

Been largely ignoring the arcade1up scene and still waiting for a perfect port of MvC2 cab to buy since it doesn't run totally perfect via emulation. Guess they finally got Simpsons eh? Great game, but no way I'd get a cab for it when rPi4 runs it just fine.

Question for those who know. I bought the Legends Core. I installed coinopx….. the menus and games all there and load fine. But… the lag….. it’s unbearable. I’m using an Xbox one controller, is this my problem? Can someone advise a good controller? I really wanna play these games.
The Arcade Legends stuff just has a ton of input lag. It doesn't bother many people apparently but the Gamer Pro I bought I had to return because it was unplayable to me.

Re: lag. I have the Arcade Legends cab and after living with it for a while, I'm really surprised more people aren't mentioning the lag in the newer games. I'm not the most critical gamer, but for instance, I was trying to play Boogie Wings the other night and I had to double check that I wasn't playing a streaming game (which I've found to be unplayable). I'm not sure what's under the hood, but it's really disappointing they couldn't have given it a little more horsepower. I still think it's worth the money, but I'm using it with a retropie and enjoying it more that way.

The Arcade Legends stuff just has a ton of input lag. It doesn't bother many people apparently but the Gamer Pro I bought I had to return because it was unplayable to me.
Are you sure it’s input lag and not audio lag? I have an ALU and I Definitely notice sound lag. Like throwing a hadoken and not hearing it until it’s halfway across the screen or Pac-Man eating one or two pellets before hearing the chomping sound. The controls feel responsive so it doesn’t feel like input lag to me but more like audio lag, definitely noticeable compared to my pi setup.

Noticed the X-Men A1UP cab jumped up in price by $100 at Target.  It's now $700!  Same price through A1UP.  I remember them doing a price increase with the Golden Axe cab, too, and played off the lower price as some "initial pricing".   But, $700.... ouch.  

And for the first time they are forcing a tin sign or something with "The Simpsons".  I wonder how much that is going to drive up the price.  Unfortunately, I'm all in on "The Simpsons" no matter what, so they win.  

After that, I think the only other thing they could get me on after "Dragon's Lair" is "Tron".

If Nintendo ever got in on this, I'd be screwed.

Noticed the X-Men A1UP cab jumped up in price by $100 at Target. It's now $700! Same price through A1UP. I remember them doing a price increase with the Golden Axe cab, too, and played off the lower price as some "initial pricing". But, $700.... ouch.

And for the first time they are forcing a tin sign or something with "The Simpsons". I wonder how much that is going to drive up the price. Unfortunately, I'm all in on "The Simpsons" no matter what, so they win.

After that, I think the only other thing they could get me on after "Dragon's Lair" is "Tron".

If you're looking for a Dragon's Lair cabinet, I would recommend going with the Dragon's Lair iiRcade cabinet. At least then you can add more games to it rather than be limited to only a handful of games on A1up.

I have the standard iiRcade cabinet and love mine, so I can answer any question you have. Plus they're having a back to school sale right now, so pretty sweet deal.

https://www.iircade.com/products/iircade-dragons-lair-edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed the X-Men A1UP cab jumped up in price by $100 at Target. It's now $700! Same price through A1UP. I remember them doing a price increase with the Golden Axe cab, too, and played off the lower price as some "initial pricing". But, $700.... ouch.

And for the first time they are forcing a tin sign or something with "The Simpsons". I wonder how much that is going to drive up the price. Unfortunately, I'm all in on "The Simpsons" no matter what, so they win.

Don't view it as a price increase. Instead, view it as a larger discount opportunity for when you snag X-Men at $175.

If you're looking for a Dragon's Lair cabinet, I would recommend going with the Dragon's Lair iiRcade cabinet. At least then you can add more games to it rather than be limited to only a handful of games on A1up.

I have the standard iiRcade cabinet and love mine, so I can answer any question you have. Plus they're having a back to school sale right now, so pretty sweet deal.

https://www.iircade.com/products/iircade-dragons-lair-edition
Looks nice, but $700 is still insane.

Don't view it as a price increase. Instead, view it as a larger discount opportunity for when you snag X-Men at $175.
Walmart would have to carry it in store in order for that to happen. And even then, you'd have to be near one of the stores that clearances them. There have been plenty of A1UP cabs that haven't seen much of a discount (if any). I don't think Golden Axe has ever seen anything lower than it's initial pricing.

When the heck did the Arcade1Up pinball systems shoot up in price? I remember being on the fence when they were $550 at Gamestop, but now they're $850 ?!?

At least they're adding some extra features and accessories to try and justify the price hike on their arcade cabinets but the pinball machines are literally the exact same models for $300 more.

When the heck did the Arcade1Up pinball systems shoot up in price? I remember being on the fence when they were $550 at Gamestop, but now they're $850 ?!?

At least they're adding some extra features and accessories to try and justify the price hike on their arcade cabinets but the pinball machines are literally the exact same models for $300 more.
its been a couple weeks, they increased everywhere. i ended up buying a Marvel before Walmart went up price.

Many of these Arcade1Up units were questionable at their usually prices, but these official price increases make the value almost laughable. But it makes the decision on getting one (any) or not much easier.

The price hike was actually due to Covid (aka, everyone started getting free money and A1U wanted to snag it).

You guys know it is entirely possible that they were able to maintain their pricing because they had a large quantity of materials on hand that were already paid for, anything getting imported now is going to have a much higher landed cost due to the additional cost of freight. Container prices are up 50% or more in some cases so that affects pricing for a lot of things. 

Would l be able to do anything else with the Ms Pac Man cabinet that is on sale at Wal Mart now?  Like turn it into a Mame machine etc or am I limited due to the controls?  Was considering a purchase but wanted to ask the experts here if its better to go with another one instead?

You could throw a Raspberry Pi in there, but yeah you'd need to spend an extra chunk on mods to adapt the sound/screen and add extra controls. Unless you really love the look of the A1up you'd be better off getting a Legends Ultimate or something else with the games / controls you really want (iircade, MVSX, etc)

Well, Simpsons preorder is $700 as well. Crazy times.
I couldn't justify the original wave at $300 because of the size w/o riser. Then things got better with the quality, size and features and I was good spending around $400 to $500. But $700 is way way beyond the novelty, "wouldn't it be cool if", purchase point. And they sell out so quickly that once they're gone, that's it unless it's some variation of Pac Man. I think longer term, A1UP is shooting themselves in the foot with these new prices. and I call BS on "oh covid" "oh the price of wood".....all nonsense. This is a cash grab.

Alas, my grail, the Simpsons, will be passed by me. Just cannot justify in any way.

700 is a lot for 2 games. I don’t care what anyone says. Plus the 4 player cabs looks less nice than the 2 player ones. Getting the Tetris ALU Mini whenever it ships.

I couldn't justify the original wave at $300 because of the size w/o riser. Then things got better with the quality, size and features and I was good spending around $400 to $500. But $700 is way way beyond the novelty, "wouldn't it be cool if", purchase point. And they sell out so quickly that once they're gone, that's it unless it's some variation of Pac Man. I think longer term, A1UP is shooting themselves in the foot with these new prices. and I call BS on "oh covid" "oh the price of wood".....all nonsense. This is a cash grab.

Alas, my grail, the Simpsons, will be passed by me. Just cannot justify in any way.
$529 preorder on Walmart right now. Still a lot, but closer to your price range.

How in the world did a Simpsons stool change the price from $700 to $530?
The original price was probably supposed to be $599. So subtract a $70-$80 stool, and you’re looking at Walmart’s price. Walmart probably had an agreement with arcade1up regarding this price, and wouldn’t let them weasel out of it.

The original price was probably supposed to be $599. So subtract a $70-$80 stool, and you’re looking at Walmart’s price. Walmart probably had an agreement with arcade1up regarding this price, and wouldn’t let them weasel out of it.
The direct version also includes some wall art.

Glad I bought the Marvel cab for $200 almost two years ago to mod because there's no way for them to justify these prices now. Simpsons Arcade runs flawlessly on it and I've beaten it a few times now (felt good to avenge the 'out of quarters' youth in me). Arcade1UP is just doing this wrong in so many ways and it will collapse on them one day.

I don’t know anything about this thing but see it pop up on here off and on. What exactly is it? Can you add games to it yourself and then play them on a tv?
Yes there are several ways to add games to the 100 that are already on it. You can stream from your PC, you can use coinopsx, and you can use the byog feature to play games off your thumb drive. Fantastic option if all you care about is the games and not the cabinet. Or if you want to build your own little barcade with it.

I don’t know anything about this thing but see it pop up on here off and on. What exactly is it? Can you add games to it yourself and then play them on a tv?
These things sell because it’s insanely easy to add thousands of arcade, nes, snes, sega, game boy etc games. Just google coinopsX archive.org. You easily get an added front end with games all preconfigured. Just need a usb stick.

I have this one (the mini). I also have the larger 2 player gamer pro one. I plan on gutting one of them and putting it inside of an arcade1up conversion that I have.

Are those Paw Patrol games made just for this cabinet?
Yeah as @Zeldafanatic15 said, they def aren't the console versions. I have Paw Patrol on a Roll for Xbox One for my son and it looks nothing like that video. The games in the video look like complete crap.

bread's done
Back