The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simpsons Arcade runs flawlessly on it and I've beaten it a few times now (felt good to avenge the 'out of quarters' youth in me).
Konami beat 'em ups were such huge quarter eaters. Especially The Simpsons and the later bosses, who had a strategy of "ok you can hit me a few times then I do an unavoidable attack that takes half your life". The only way to beat them without dumping in more money was to exploit some repetitive pattern flaws in their AI, which of course none of the regular players back then knew about. It was literally pay to win.

If I had a kid around that age I’d get the Pac-Man no question. We complain kids play too many tablet games but I see those same dad nerds turning their nose up at this. I don’t get it.
They are overpriced. The leak early this year/last year (I forget when) had it at around $150. That’s a fair price for these. I’d be all over one of them for my little ones if they were $150 or less.

And those paw patrol games look like pure garbage. There was supposedly a princess one coming too.

They are overpriced. The leak early this year/last year (I forget when) had it at around $150. That’s a fair price for these. I’d be all over one of them for my little ones if they were $150 or less.

And those paw patrol games look like pure garbage. There was supposedly a princess one coming too.
Yeah the Paw Patrol games look so bad. Like if that is the true framerate of them, wow. It's kind of hard to tell because the whole video has a bad framerate, but it seems intentional for style or something.

I would get it for around $150 too so I could gut it and put MAME in there or something. My son turned 6 this year and those games look way too simple for him. He plays Splatoon 2, Minecraft, Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey, etc. He did play the REAL Paw Patrol on a Roll on Xbox One X when he was like 4, and it was a good intro to games for him. That kind of game is perfect for like a 4 year old or someone JUST getting into games.

The games on that machine look like they are more for 3-4 year olds.

Additionally, that thing is too little for my son who is only 6. I'd say a regular Arcade1up would be perfect size for him though, but only for a few years He's already playing my fullsized arcade cabs just fine, especially with a chair.

I would never buy either of those JR systems for a little kids.   Kids that little would be better off with using their imaginations with their toys... having more educational content on their screens (that you control), playing outside, coloring pages, doing activity books,... and so on.  Plus kids that young are destructive.  I'm not sure how well that screen would hold up to a beating... and those arcade games are built to frustrate the player into spending more quarters... so... you think a very little kid isn't going to get frustrated when they repeatedly die even with infinite lives?   I don't think these are good lessons to teach quite yet.

When they are ready for real games... my suggestion would be to buy a switch... dock it where they can't get to it... and then sit with them on the couch and play some multiplayer stuff... or at least something you can fully monitor.   Oh, and be VERY cautious about what the characters on screen are doing because kids love to emulate that in real life.  I learned a good lesson with my oldest son when he was little about the dangers of letting him play my copy of Bonk's Adventure on the Gameboy.

Just because they have the ability to play games and learn to play them... doesn't mean they are ready for everything.   I have a feeling these JR machines will flop.  Too small for kids old enough to really play them... nothing remotely educational about them... a huge waste of money versus other toys you could buy.

Just got my AtGame Mini in today - anyone have a good link or youtube on where to get started getting more good stuff(Nes/Arcade/etc) on it? 

I've looked at the saUCE reddit and not sure where to start.

Thanks all.

Just got my AtGame Mini in today - anyone have a good link or youtube on where to get started getting more good stuff(Nes/Arcade/etc) on it?

Thanks all.
The Reddit should have everything you need. You’ll want to get on archive.org to get the sauces. Usb stick. That’s it. It’s really, really easy.

The Reddit should have everything you need. You’ll want to get on archive.org to get the sauces. Usb stick. That’s it. It’s really, really easy.
I found one that is GetSaucywithCoinOpArcadeV5 and one that is labeled as just getsaucywitharcade. Do I need both?

Thanks all.
There's a pinned post on Reddit that should answer all questions. Also: https://youtu.be/oaFiWJGXIFE

AtGames “national owners day” starts today. Some huge sales on hardware, accessories, and pinball table packs.

https://www.atgames.us/pages/nod-a
I JUST bought one of their devices the other day, and probably won't get it for a least a week. There's no way to take advantage of these deals without using the store on the device, is there?

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought it was for add-ons game wise, ha. Still seems pretty good though, and may check out what they have! Thanks for this!

I JUST bought one of their devices the other day, and probably won't get it for a least a week. There's no way to take advantage of these deals without using the store on the device, is there?

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought it was for add-ons game wise, ha. Still seems pretty good though, and may check out what they have! Thanks for this!
I bought a preorder for the new bitpixel marquee that’s coming out, the pinball buttons, and a gottlieb pinball pack.

I have an Arcade1up pi conversion- I’m taking the pi out and putting the guts and buttons into it from my AtGames gamer mini. That’ll give me CoinopsX and some pinball games in an Arcade1up cabinet.

Only $700 at Gamestop!
These prices have just gone bonkers. I get that there is a semi-conductor shortage so companies are probably re-configuring their supply and pricing accordingly to maintain revenue numbers, but this price inflation just eliminates any way for me to justify the purchase.

I'll just have to wait until these prices come back down (which they probably won't since we're living in this new normal that looks like it'll be THE normal moving forward), or until clearance prices.

Ms. Pac Man A1UP's are starting to go on clearance at Walmart...anywhere from $150 - 250.  Also noticing the stores that still have some NBA Jams are putting those on clearance as well.  Worth checking.

Has anyone else confirmed this?
It's funny that I wanted to take a pic to show my brother but maybe this is YMMV.

The Walmart near me has mk legacy for $315 , pacman legacy under $300 and ms pacman for $246. I was just there like 30 minutes ago. I'm in south jersey

Has anyone else confirmed this?
I can't get brickseek to work with the UPC. I took a pic of the Ms. Pac Man UPC you can scan with the Walmart ap.

Using different zip codes, it can show you the prices around you...ymmv on stock though.

[attachment=36133:ms.jpg]

Has anyone seen a Ms. Pac-man in store that included the matching riser as well as a light up marquee? Or is that version online only?

Target has the 10% off again on any electronic. Works for in stock arcades like Golden Axe. Add the promotion to your Target app.

PSA: if you have your eye on something, better get it soon. There will likely be stock shortages over the holidays. That’s not just for arcades.

Walmart took the Ms. Pac Man's off of clearance and set them all to $269.  My local store went from $299 to $194 to $269.  Four units didn't sell at $194 so it makes total sense to mark them up.  Unless they want stock in store for a BF ad.

PSA: if you have your eye on something, better get it soon. There will likely be stock shortages over the holidays. That’s not just for arcades.
Definitely, even things like Halloween decor rolled out last month and are largely gone if you're looking for something in demand. Christmas stuff is starting to pop up now and I wouldn't wait for any promos if you need something for the holidays. I'm just glad there's nothing I'm on the hunt for so this year has been very chill.

I noticed my preorder from Walmart for the Simpsons that I placed in August no longer exists. Customer Service can’t find it either. I had to reorder. Warning to those expecting this to arrive on release date. Walmart’s website is pure garbage.

I see people going apeshit over Tron. Cabinet looks cool, but come on. Game’s gotta be lousy.

Tron Arcade definitely didn't stand the test of time too well... but it was pretty impressive for 1982 and that cabinet and joystick setup were beautiful (and still look pretty nice).   I think this one though is just for the serious A1Up collector that has like a basement full of these machines to wow their friends with.

I see people going apeshit over Tron. Cabinet looks cool, but come on. Game’s gotta be lousy.
I think Discs of Tron is the better game. The original game is fun at first because it's essentially 4 separate mini-games... but they get tired quickly.

I think Discs of Tron is the better game. The original game is fun at first because it's essentially 4 separate mini-games... but they get tired quickly.
The devs were probably like..."four mini-games is enough... look at people swarm all over Donkey Kong and it's four levels!"

Back then pretty much every game were short repeated stages or mini games that repeated faster and faster until you lost. It was remarkable for it's time and actually pretty great licensed game that gave you 4 vastly different games in one. Gorf was another similar concept.

Discs of Tron played more like a sports game. I was never particularly fond of it at the time. It got really hard when it added vertical aiming where you had to lift or press the paddle.

Back then pretty much every game were short repeated stages or mini games that repeated faster and faster until you lost. It was remarkable for it's time and actually pretty great licensed game that gave you 4 vastly different games in one. Gorf was another similar concept.
And Journey!
...what?

Anyway. If you want a taste of these two games, they're hidden in Tron 2.0 on the Game Boy Advance. They're emulated as well as one could reasonably expect on that tiny screen.

I personally like the Tron arcade game, for what it's worth, but not LIKE like it. Most of its charm comes from its movie ties. Discs of Tron feels more immersive, like you're really taking on Sark in the Game Grid, but I admit that I lose interest after a few stages.

bread's done
Back