The House Of The Dead: Overkill - Gen. Discussion & Info 8/10 says Eurogamer

LOVE this game!

As a huge horror fan, I love the grindhouse style it delivers. Washington is hilarious and G is great playing the straight man. It's challenging enough but without being too frustrating. My Perfect Shot works wonders with it.

I want that score! I especially dig the techo music during the Screamer boss battle.

Definately worth the $50 even if my mom did buy it for me as a Valentine's day gift.

Director's Cut = Awesome[quote name='darkpumpkin']
Definately worth the $50 even if my mom did buy it for me as a Valentine's day gift.[/quote]
You... you didn't have to mention that part.

[quote name='The Crotch']Director's Cut = Awesome
You... you didn't have to mention that part.[/quote]
As weird as that is, I wish my mom would give me valentine's day gifts. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']She's gotta give me one first, Doomed. Priorities.[/quote]
[quote name='jman619']My friend was telling me how good it was, and now I want it even more. I don't want to drop retail price on it though.

[quote name='The Crotch']Director's Cut = Awesome
You... you didn't have to mention that part.[/quote]

I mentioned it just to give a little shout out to my mom for being so awesome. She knew I wanted it, but she also knew things were a little tight for the fiancee and I with the new baby. I'm 25 and still get an Easter basket on Easter. Guess it is a perk of being an only child?

Anyways, I am having such a blast with this game. The replay factor is definately high on this.

So yeah, just going to second the comments that this game is fucking great. Only complaint is that there are quite a few hiccups in framerate, but it really didn't detract from the experience or hinder gameplay. If you're interested in playing - go fucking buy it!

Heh. Towards the end of the regular mode, things just become so damn easy with the auto-shotgun.

Then you start the director's cut.

Then the game says, "fuck you, The Crotch. fuck. You."

[quote name='bornrunnin31']So yeah, just going to second the comments that this game is fucking great. Only complaint is that there are quite a few hiccups in framerate, but it really didn't detract from the experience or hinder gameplay. If you're interested in playing - go fucking buy it![/quote]

I just tell myself that authentic grindhouse movies skip frames all the time. After I've sold myself on that notion, the game becomes flawless!:cool:

[quote name='The Crotch']Heh. Towards the end of the regular mode, things just become so damn easy with the auto-shotgun.

Then you start the director's cut.

Then the game says, "fuck you, The Crotch. fuck. You."[/quote]

I completely agree with this statement!

Just finished story mode. fucking amazing game. One of the best HOTD games and light gun games I've played.

10/10

Doesn't appear to be that way.

Further thoughts: dual wielding is fuckin' awesome. The second unlockable movie is lame as fuck. And it is gonna take a helluva long time to be able to afford the final gun...

Picked up the game last Friday and had a blast, my roommate and I tore through the first campaign in about two hours. Only played "director's cut" for a few minutes. I picked up a Nyko Perfect Shot since my roommate only has a Wii Zapper. While it was "okay" as far as console guns go, I sure was feeling the pain on the last boss! Thing is like squeezing a brick! :joystick:

Unfortunatly I have to work all the damn time but tomorrow after my ten hour shift is the start of a three day weekend! What makes it even better is the nice postman brought me a little gift sent via "Royal Mail".

:twoguns::twoguns::twoguns::twoguns:
Overkill-HandCannon-01.jpg

Overkill-HandCannon-02.jpg

Overkill-HandCannon-03.jpg

Overkill-HandCannon-04.jpg

Overkill-HandCannon-05.jpg

Too bad I have to be back to work in a few hours and must try and sleep! Can't wait to play with this thing! It's fuckING HUGE!!!

[quote name='AciDeX']
Too bad I have to be back to work in a few hours and must try and sleep! Can't wait to play with this thing! It's fuckING HUGE!!![/quote]
Interesting.

Feels great too me, though firearms are usually a little barrel heavy. Especially a handcannon like this! Seriously the grip is worth it alone, way more comfortable than the Nyko Perfect Shot and better than the Wii Zapper IMO. Still have yet to play with it, about to go to the bar. I'll update with how drunken House of the Dead goes when we get back tonight. ;)

[quote name='AciDeX']Feels great too me...Seriously the grip is worth it alone... Still have yet to play with it, about to go to the bar. I'll update with how drunken House of the Dead goes when we get back tonight. ;)[/quote]
"House of the Dead" is kind of a weird euphemism.

I haven't had any problems using the Perfect Shot with this. It doesn't feel heavy to me and it is very comfortable.

Played through the director's cut. Now it's just a matter of going back and unlocking some more things.

[quote name='The Crotch']I have no problem using just the regular remote in its condom.[/quote]
I unsheath mine and put it in the Perfect Shot. Sometime I use two and double-fist it.

Is the Resident Evil Shot Gun Blaster considered rare? Our Gamestop had 2 of them and we are thinking about picking both of them up. I think one would work nice for HotD:Overkill and maybe selling the other one?

I've heard it's rare... but it sucks. I know, it looks cool, but it's just not that great.

Plastic feels cheap, and the trigger isn't anywhere near responsive enough to warrant not just using the remote by it's lonesome. This is simply my opinion, obviously, but it's certainly not worth anywhere near the $20 they're charging for it. Shame, too, I was really looking forward to it.

[quote name='007']I've heard it's rare... but it sucks. I know, it looks cool, but it's just not that great.

Plastic feels cheap, and the trigger isn't anywhere near responsive enough to warrant not just using the remote by it's lonesome. This is simply my opinion, obviously, but it's certainly not worth anywhere near the $20 they're charging for it. Shame, too, I was really looking forward to it.[/quote]

Appreciate the information! I must admit, it does look really cool in the package. We went ahead and picked both of them up at Gamestop. My fiancee really likes it, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. He did complain that the nunchuck attachment is a bit hard to come off and on, and he's a very strong fellow! We are going to put the other one up on Ebay and hopefully flip a bit of a profit. They have been going anywhere from $40-60.

I just started playing HotD: Overkill. So far it's hands down better than Umbrella Chronicles. Also, it's so over the top it's crazy.
I lost it when that kid in a wheel chair showed up and the guy started beating him and calling him a cabbage :rofl:

The Zero Punctuation review was positive and pretty funny as well. Sounds like an good times and zombies all around. I'm waiting for a cheap deal to break out my perfect shots.

The ZP review was quite accurate. Very fun, well written, but too easy as soon as you get a half-way decent gun. Yes, there is challenge in getting combos, but still...

To anyone that has played and beaten House of the Dead: Overkill, let me ask a question: I bought it on Friday as part of the B2G1 free sale over at the 'ol GS and my girlfriend and I beat it in a matter of hours. We started to play the mini-games and the game froze. I think it's a defective copy and I'm tempted to take it back, however, there are only a handful of GameStop's in the area that even carry it, so my other option is to just get a refund. I want to know though, is the Director's Cut really worth keeping the game for? What other kind of incentives are there for continuing to play? I saw there were a lot of LOCKED items in the extra menu, but what are they? One of the extras I unlocked was a 3D model of a Zombie Nurse... which was really lame. If all the other extras are like this I can't say I'd bother with them.

Just got it, but only played a few minutes of it. I really liked it. It even looks pretty good. The bad acting was just perfect. Im going to sink my teeth into it soon.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The constant rumble is annoying as shit. Its making the game barely playable.[/quote]
I feel pretty much exactly the opposite. So you must be wrong. That's how the Internet works.

You can turn off the rumble that happens when your cursor hits an enemy, but firing and reloading still rumbles, which is all the time.

I'm gonna see if theres an option outside the game or something.

Also, rumble is bad, and you should feel bad for liking it :bouncy:

bread's done
Back