The House Of The Dead: Overkill - Gen. Discussion & Info 8/10 says Eurogamer

It has become my goal to play all lightgun-style Wii games. HotD: Overkill is the best one I've played so far.

HotD: Overkill
Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
---Need to play---
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
RE: Darkside Chronicles
HotD 2 & 3
NERF N-Strike
Target: Terror (for the lulz)

and probably some WiiWare too. (Onslaught IIRC) Am I missing any?

House of the Dead 2 and 3 is pretty good, quite a bit of content and it's at a lower price ($30 I believe). There are also some extras and quite a bit of good co-op action for replay later on.

The stories are not as good as Overkill, but the games are still good - spent a few days with my little bro playing it nonstop when I first got it.

[quote name='Doomed']It has become my goal to play all lightgun-style Wii games. HotD: Overkill is the best one I've played so far.

Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
---Need to play---
RE: Darkside Chronicles
HotD 2 & 3
NERF N-Strike
Target: Terror (for the lulz)

and probably some WiiWare too. (Onslaught IIRC) Am I missing any?[/quote]

By light gun I assume you mean rail shooter? If so that's not onslaught. It's a fps (lot of arcade feel and very linear, but you control your movements)

also, lol@target terror

I think 2 and 3 is down to $20 now. Onslaught is an FPS, not a light gun game. Link's Crossbow Training is largely made up of light gun, although there are some shooter portions.

Since you counted Darkside Chronicles, I assume you include upcoming games too, so don't forget Dead Space: Extraction. I think MOH: Heroes 2 has a light-gun mode, although I'm not sure about that.

[quote name='gaxur']I think 2 and 3 is down to $20 now. Onslaught is an FPS, not a light gun game. Link's Crossbow Training is largely made up of light gun, although there are some shooter portions.

Since you counted Darkside Chronicles, I assume you include upcoming games too, so don't forget Dead Space: Extraction. I think MOH: Heroes 2 has a light-gun mode, although I'm not sure about that.[/quote]

Hotd 2&3 retails at 30 still. But is on sale for 16 at newegg right now if anyone is looking for it.

MoH H2 does have an on rails mode (called arcade mode) in addition to a fps campaign. It follows the main story mode, but I have heard some parts get cut from it.

I just got the game today and I'm loving it. I've only got to the carnival level, but so far the game is really funny and shooting zombies is fun. It seems like it will be worth the $30 I paid for it.

[quote name='jman619']I just got it today from Amazon. It is 19.99 at Best Buy now after I paid 30 for it at Amazon. I feel it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

The ice cream truck scene makes it completely worth it. :cool:

I bought it with madworld during the BB sale thing. Trying to plow through MW so I can put it up for sale before starting Overkill. Besides, I have a buddy who'd love the chance to play through it along with me so I've been waiting. I'm glad to see it getting a good word here as I love the arcade HOTD's. I'm itching to try out the hand cannon I just got for it.

Great freaking game. The part right before the last boss is classic, and the characters are all awesome. The developers absolutely nailed it. If more people weren't on their whole "Wii is for kids, all the games suck, motion control sucks, BUT Natal is awesome" pedestals, then they wouldn't miss out on games like this. The camera movement made me dizzy at times, but the fact that they added extras, extra modes, and you can't get all the weapons on your first run through make it worth it.

Oh yeah, and I guess it wouldn't be proper to talk about the game unless I added motherfucker somewhere. So...fucking motherfucker.

Last night I finally got a chance to try the game out, with the game passing through my possession temporarily... and it definitely seems like a lot of fun, but I'd really want to play it with a zapper or other gun attachment. It's a little weird playing it just with the remote and I like the idea of turning off the on-screen site and using your aim to make the shots (love that you can do that and that it calibrates). So I'm definitely going to have to pick this game up at some point.

:drool:

Just got my $17.98 copy from Amazon. We played the first 3 levels and love this game so far. They need to make a new Ghost Squad now :lol:

OMG!
Look what I found buried in the HotD: O minisite!
It's called "Overkill Fansite Kit". Along with the usual screenshots and logos, there's a folder called "Suffer Like G Did".

hint.jpg - Typing of the Dead title screen [!!!!!!!!]
mwpirates.jpg - Madworld screenshot with Jolly Roger flag
tails_doll.jpg - *shudder*

Sega's PR Team hides things too well] Welcome... friends. You've completed our hidden trail of terrifying folder-after-folder torture said:
The naming structure is really well done too. Is SEGA fucking with us, or were they trying to guage how many people would buy a TotD remake by putting this stuff in here? Unfortunately, nobody cared enough until a year after it came out. :lol:

Lightgun style games on Wii

Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
NERF N-Strike
HotD 2 & 3
---Need to play---
Dead Space
MoH: Heroes
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 ?
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party ?
Target: Terror
Ultimate Duck Hunting ?
---To be released---
10/27 Nerf 2: N Strike Elite
11/17 Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='equest943']
Oh yeah, and I guess it wouldn't be proper to talk about the game unless I added motherfucker somewhere. So...fucking motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

That's ironic ;)

Dug this one up last weekend and finished it out today. I abso-fuckin'-lutely love popping motherfucking heads with shotguns in videogames and the auto shotty was a MUST for me as soon as I had the funds; needless to say it delivered and made the starting gun seem like a BB gun in comparison (couldn't get a goregasm for the life of me with it).

My *only* gripe about the game was the slowdowns and stutters here and there which threw me off mid-combo but it doesn't ruin the experience. Game has top notch presentation and ambiance and you can tell that this is what the developers had in mind when they set out to make it. Hopefully there will be a sequel.

I wish I could find this game. It's still $40 at most retailers and when it was on sale for $15 new at one store everyone bought them for trade fodder. fucking hoarders.

[quote name='Doomed']
Lightgun style games on Wii

Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
NERF N-Strike
HotD 2 & 3
[/QUOTE]

You should add MOH: Heroes 2 to this list. It has a great arcade-mode "rails" shooter that takes you through all of the scenarios, in addition to the regular and online game modes. Includes the occasional machine gun nest and mortar scenes. :applause:

I played this this past weekend with my fiance. Got it for $13 during the NewEgg deal. This is one of the worst games I've played in a while. I don't mind the swearing, as you could guess from my posts on this forum. It's just they tried too hard and failed miserably for the grindhouse, over the top feel. It's just not funny or even amusing in the slightest. On top of that, the game is far too easy. I understand it's not necessary for it to be as hard as the other HOTD games that originated in the arcades, but the difficulty is just plain insulting even if you add in extra mutants. My fiance and I aren't even that good at these games and we blazed through it with zero difficulty. The art direction is piss poor compared to the other HOTDs so everything looks generic. I really hated this game and it made me feel awful considering how awesome the HOTD series is. I felt bad enough paying $13 for it; if I had paid full price I probably would have done very bad things to it in a rage. But my composure was good enough that I traded it in on Amazon as soon as we beat it. How the fuck did this game get such good reviews? Did Sega pay off everyone? Or are people just high when they play this game?

[quote name='Dead of Knight'] Or are people just high when they play this game?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but if it really is that bad...

*eyes her backlogged $12 New Egg copy*

...after reading this review, I think I'm going to get high first before I play it.

For the wii lightgun/rails shooter list, you HAVE to add the ported classiC: Mad DOg McCree: Gunslinger Pack!!!!

Just finished it last weekend. I agree it was really easy (coming from Resident Evil UC, using fully-upgraded shotgun/assault rifle with unlimited ammo is wonderful), but the ending was simply hilarious (the
Missing Reel, conveniently-located miniguns, and the fuck irony
). Nice to see Director's Cut added extra sequences.

Did anyone else have trouble with the speakers? I played co-op and found that the second player got all the sounds (Washington sounds much louder than Agent G and G's gun sounds like a silencer). I wonder if it's my TV.

thinking about what to crack open next and I'm thinking about HotD my question I see it's zapper positive. does that mean you need the nunchuck?

basically I have two remotes and one chuck. If my sister and I could play with two remotes alone I'll open it. If I do need two chucks it'll go on hold.

bread's done
Back