The Hunger Games Pre-order Thread [8/18/12]

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Hunger Games will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 18th. That's a Saturday, which follow's Liongate's Twilight release strategy. I figured it'd be good to have a thread details all of the various Retailer exclusive editions and pre-order bonuses being made.

Amazon

Just the regular 2-disc edition so far, no bonuses detailed

51ZNsLOdCxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barnes and Noble

Bonus: Pre-order The Hunger Games now and receive a free 30”x40” cloth poster of Katniss as your gift with purchase. Gift available while supplies last, and quantities are limited.

176399308.JPG

Bestbuy.com and Bestbuy.ca (Canada)

This exclusive edition includes 2 DVD, 2 Blu-ray discs, and digital copy of The Hunger Games. It also comes with an acrylic Hunger Games keepsake that will be numbered, available exclusively at Best Buy in the US (also at Bestbuy.ca in Canada).

m2198992.jpg

Free Keychain w/ Pre-order of the DVD or BD (BB exclusive doesn't qualify apparently)

M2198991_1.jpg

Costco

Costco-DVD.jpg

Includes:

Parachute Compartment Necklace
Bag Clip with District 12 Seal
District 12 Nylon bag

Futureshop (Canada)

Exclusive District 12 Steelbook

M2198993_2.jpg

Exclusive Mockingjay Steelbook

m2198996_1.jpg

Regular edition Bonus: District 12 Keychain

FYE (In-store Only)

Reserve the Movie and get a free Tote bag. While Supplies Last

4kbhpx.jpg

Target

Exclusive Deluxe Edition with Bonus disc featuring forty-five minutes of exclusive content, and a video diary with stories from the Cornucopia and tribute biographies.

Walmart

Exclusive Mockingjay Pendant (see spoiler below) and Vudu Digital content: (The Stunts of the Hunger Game, Capitol Couture: The Styles of Panem)

0003139815563_300X300.jpg
0003139815563_AV1_300X300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I live in the US and cannot get the Steelbook from Futureshop, I think the Target Blu-Ray is the nicest looking packaging. I saw the keychain at BB the other day and wasn't really impressed. Does anyone know of that Target version is in regular size Blu-Ray packaging?

[quote name='TealPavelski']Since I live in the US and cannot get the Steelbook from Futureshop, I think the Target Blu-Ray is the nicest looking packaging. I saw the keychain at BB the other day and wasn't really impressed. Does anyone know of that Target version is in regular size Blu-Ray packaging?[/QUOTE]
Not yet, but when we get them in I'll be sure and post an update. Probably not though, it looks like the Twilight spec ed. we recently had--which was about as tall as a DVD case.

Looks like the digital copy is one of the damn ultraviolet codes. At least uv now allows you to download for offline viewing but I prefer to have all my media in one format esp with cloud storage and multiple devices

[quote name='kklems']Looks like the digital copy is one of the damn ultraviolet codes. At least uv now allows you to download for offline viewing but I prefer to have all my media in one format esp with cloud storage and multiple devices[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they intentionally held back on divulging that it wasn't a standard DC to avoid the huge backlash that UV movies usually get when announced.

Guys, I didn't like UV at first but I've since come to prefer it. With ultraviolet, you can have family members that don't even live near you on your account (up to 6 people). That means you can pool your UV copies and watch movies that your dad, brother, sister, uncle, etc bought. Most of them are HD and can be streamed on the Xbox 360 or PS3. Tell me, what's so bad about that?

Also, the last movie I had that had an UV copy let me get the copy for the ultraviolet account and ANOTHER copy for my choice of Windows media player, itunes, or amazon VOD. I chose Amazon VOD for the second digital copy. The movie was "Hop" if you're wondering. I got it for $10 after a DVD trade in this week (it's listed in the ad for this week). That means I got 4 copies of the movie for 10 bucks, a Blu Ray, a DVD, and 2 digital copies...

The main reason I don't like UV is because of the way I use my digital copies. I primarily use them when I'm traveling, when I CAN'T stream and need a copy downloaded onto my iPad to watch. This is also true for my dad who watches my movies because I authorized his computer with my account.

[quote name='Blaster man']Guys, I didn't like UV at first but I've since come to prefer it. With ultraviolet, you can have family members that don't even live near you on your account (up to 6 people). That means you can pool your UV copies and watch movies that your dad, brother, sister, uncle, etc bought. Most of them are HD and can be streamed on the Xbox 360 or PS3. Tell me, what's so bad about that?

Also, the last movie I had that had an UV copy let me get the copy for the ultraviolet account and ANOTHER copy for my choice of Windows media player, itunes, or amazon VOD. I chose Amazon VOD for the second digital copy. The movie was "Hop" if you're wondering. I got it for $10 after a DVD trade in this week (it's listed in the ad for this week). That means I got 4 copies of the movie for 10 bucks, a Blu Ray, a DVD, and 2 digital copies...[/QUOTE]

I agree with DWulf. I want to be able to take the movie with me to places where I can't get wifi and I need an iTunes copy for that. I don't care if they want to do UV, but at least give me an iTunes file as well. There shouldn't be any additional cost to the studios besides code management if the movie is already available to purchase as a download on iTunes.

Uv is still to framented. You need multiple accounts to watch your movies and there is no seamless integration. For instance MI:ghost protocol is only available to watch via paramounts website/apps (for that matter all paramount releases). I have most of my other movies on Flixster but there are also some on vudu. They did take a step forward with allowing you to download them to a portable device but it is much slower than iTunes sync, only allows 2 devices at a time to have it downloaded, and for those that pay for metered Internet expensive.

Best Buy Exclusive Collector's Edition

sub_hungergamesbox0729.jpg

This deluxe version of the movie includes:

• Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of the movie
• Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of special features
• Numbered acrylic keepsake
• Collectible case

Link

Interesting, first time I have seen a digital copy of blu-ray special features. With filler it would quallify for the $10 gc for instore pickup.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy Exclusive Collector's Edition

sub_hungergamesbox0729.jpg

This deluxe version of the movie includes:

• Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of the movie
• Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of special features
• Numbered acrylic keepsake
• Collectible case

Link[/QUOTE]so is all that extra space in the box for the next two movies whenever they get filmed and released?

[quote name='shadowkast']so is all that extra space in the box for the next two movies whenever they get filmed and released?[/QUOTE]
yup

I'm going with the Target one since it comes with some special stuff you can't get with the other sets. Plus it's a size that fits on a DVD shelf...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY'][customspoiler=Comic Con]

2rhp991.jpg

[/customspoiler][/QUOTE] That LOOKS like it comes with an iTunes copy too. Oh goody.

[quote name='Taco5']The Best Buy website is listing 2 versions of their exclusive. On for $39.99 and one for $49.99. Both have the same picture. Wonder what the difference is???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hunger+Games+(Best+Buy+Exclusive)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5895057.p?skuId=5895057&id=2496383

If you scroll down, on the lower right hand corner is the $49.99 version.[/QUOTE]

Good point, the $39.99 one has SKU 5895057, the $49.99 one has SKU 2033642, both have same picture and description... I think they are same, I'm going to pre-order the cheaper one.

[quote name='Taco5']The Best Buy website is listing 2 versions of their exclusive. On for $39.99 and one for $49.99. Both have the same picture. Wonder what the difference is???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hunger+...u-ray+Disc/5895057.p?skuId=5895057&id=2496383

If you scroll down, on the lower right hand corner is the $49.99 version.[/QUOTE]

Its weird when I put the $39.99 one in my wish list it shows the collectors edition box set but when I do the other one, it shows the original cover

hungergames.png

[quote name='Serpentor']Man, that looks pretty darn good, what's the price?[/QUOTE]

There are a couple of sites saying $60, which sounds about right.

[quote name='JediDeath']There are a couple of sites saying $60, which sounds about right.[/QUOTE]
Darn, that's still too pricey... I was guessing $40 or something.

I was wondering on that Target exclusive, there is no mention of the digital copy on the deluxe edition on Target's site. Anyone know if it does come with one? I'd assume so since it does with the vanilla edition.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the collectors edition at Best Buy and used a reward zone coupon for 26 total. I was surprised at how much I ended up liking it. I thought it was gonna suck lol

[quote name='gueeds']I was wondering on that Target exclusive, there is no mention of the digital copy on the deluxe edition on Target's site. Anyone know if it does come with one? I'd assume so since it does with the vanilla edition.[/QUOTE]

We finally got them in so I'll double check. I'll also call my local Costco and see if they can tell me.

[Update] The exclusive edition DOES come with a DC. Not only that, but there's an iTunes icon o the back too! So it looks like they'll give you both (possibly like what they did with The Lorax).

[edit 2] Costco was no help. I called but they gave me some baloney about it not "being in th the system yet".

[quote name='JediDeath']We finally got them in so I'll double check. I'll also call my local Costco and see if they can tell me.

[Update] The exclusive edition DOES come with a DC. Not only that, but there's an iTunes icon o the back too! So it looks like they'll give you both (possibly like what they did with The Lorax).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the target info, please post Costco finding :) I wonder if the Costco exclusive is more "rare."

[quote name='htz']Is the Target collectors case a steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. It's also a little less...substantial than our previous books/exclusives. Twilight had a nice hard, durable case; this one is more like the Back to the Future trilogy set.

[quote name='JediDeath']Sadly no. It's also a little less...substantial than our previous books/exclusives. Twilight had a nice hard, durable case; this one is more like the Back to the Future trilogy set.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply, I guess the 45 minutes bonus content will do just fine for me.

Thanks for the info on the Target version. I've been wondering if it comes with a digital version. Even though I really want the cool looking case that the BB one has, I think I will get the Target one because of the special on disc content. Does the Best Buy one have the second disc extras?

Also, this might be a dumb question, but does the digital copy include a digital copy of the second disc content?

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']What coin?[/QUOTE]

I guess it was a coin on a key chain. The circle mocking jay ( round like a coin)

Pic in op

Damn thing is heavy for its size

bread's done
Back