The Hunger Games Pre-order Thread [8/18/12]

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Hunger Games will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 18th. That's a Saturday, which follow's Liongate's Twilight release strategy. I figured it'd be good to have a thread details all of the various Retailer exclusive editions and pre-order bonuses being made.

Amazon

Just the regular 2-disc edition so far, no bonuses detailed

51ZNsLOdCxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barnes and Noble

Bonus: Pre-order The Hunger Games now and receive a free 30”x40” cloth poster of Katniss as your gift with purchase. Gift available while supplies last, and quantities are limited.

176399308.JPG

Bestbuy.com and Bestbuy.ca (Canada)

This exclusive edition includes 2 DVD, 2 Blu-ray discs, and digital copy of The Hunger Games. It also comes with an acrylic Hunger Games keepsake that will be numbered, available exclusively at Best Buy in the US (also at Bestbuy.ca in Canada).

m2198992.jpg

Free Keychain w/ Pre-order of the DVD or BD (BB exclusive doesn't qualify apparently)

M2198991_1.jpg

Costco

Costco-DVD.jpg

Includes:

Parachute Compartment Necklace
Bag Clip with District 12 Seal
District 12 Nylon bag

Futureshop (Canada)

Exclusive District 12 Steelbook

M2198993_2.jpg

Exclusive Mockingjay Steelbook

m2198996_1.jpg

Regular edition Bonus: District 12 Keychain

FYE (In-store Only)

Reserve the Movie and get a free Tote bag. While Supplies Last

4kbhpx.jpg

Target

Exclusive Deluxe Edition with Bonus disc featuring forty-five minutes of exclusive content, and a video diary with stories from the Cornucopia and tribute biographies.

Walmart

Exclusive Mockingjay Pendant (see spoiler below) and Vudu Digital content: (The Stunts of the Hunger Game, Capitol Couture: The Styles of Panem)

0003139815563_300X300.jpg
0003139815563_AV1_300X300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if all are linkable to Vudu but all the ones in my UV account have been. I really love that, as the Vudu app on the PS3 is pretty great. You can even download a 1080P copy of THG to your PS3's HDD so there's no need to worry about buffering issues, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought a code from a fellow CAG, FlickFab (Thanks man!) and can confirm it redeemed on both VuDu/UV (SD) and iTunes (SD). The iTunes download was SD. Are there any extra steps I need to take to get the HD version, or was my code just for the SD version? Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Oh and when I go on the Hunger Games iTunes store page all of the buttons still have their price shown, and I've checked download HD when available in the Purchased section of iTunes.

[quote name='ajh2298']Thanks for clearing that up for me. So if my TV has a VuDu app I would be able to watch it from there whenever I wanted meaning I would or could sale off the blu-ray or just try and purchase the UV code from e-bay or something, correct?

p.s.
Are all movies with a UV code linkable to the VuDu service?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if your TV has a Vudu app, you can watch the movie there whenever you want. No need for the BluRay. And yes, you can just try to purchase codes from eBay or wherever. Other CAGs have mentioned in this thread that they have done all those things: sold their BluRay already and just kept the codes, and also bought & sold codes.

Also...the way I understand things, not all UV codes are linkable to Vudu. I recently redeemed my Harry Potter 7: Part 2 UV code and it is only viewable through the Flixster app, which is annoying since I hoped it would give me a Vudu option. Alas, it did not.

[quote name='aaronmills']Yes, if your TV has a Vudu app, you can watch the movie there whenever you want. No need for the BluRay. And yes, you can just try to purchase codes from eBay or wherever. Other CAGs have mentioned in this thread that they have done all those things: sold their BluRay already and just kept the codes, and also bought & sold codes.

Also...the way I understand things, not all UV codes are linkable to Vudu. I recently redeemed my Harry Potter 7: Part 2 UV code and it is only viewable through the Flixster app, which is annoying since I hoped it would give me a Vudu option. Alas, it did not.[/QUOTE]

I just entered the UV code for HP: DH pt 2 two days ago and it shows up in my VUDU account. Did you check vudu to see if it's there?

Thatnks to all of you who clued on on HG being available in iTunes AND UV with one code. I just got it in UV, but am happy now to have both.

Jaws also did the dual digital route - though it let you choose UV and then choose from iTunes, Amazon or a couple of others for the Non streaming copy (FYI)...

I have a UV/digital copy code for the movie. I'm not gonna use it, so if anyone wants to buy it off me feel free to PM me.

[quote name='chaosking121']So I bought a code from a fellow CAG, FlickFab (Thanks man!) and can confirm it redeemed on both VuDu/UV (SD) and iTunes (SD). The iTunes download was SD. Are there any extra steps I need to take to get the HD version, or was my code just for the SD version? Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Oh and when I go on the Hunger Games iTunes store page all of the buttons still have their price shown, and I've checked download HD when available in the Purchased section of iTunes.[/QUOTE]

All my iTunes movies seem to be in SD, I would like to know if there is another step to redeeming the HD version as well.

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']the only thing i can think of is possibly the uv/digital copy has to do with the type of dvd/blu ray purchase?[/QUOTE]

This might be the case...

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']I bought the non exclusive blu ray from walmart and itunes gave me the sd/hd/extras downloads...holy s over 10gb worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - mine was the generic blu DVD combo from MovieStop and I got HD/SD/iTunes extras... Why does iTunes download sooooo slow????

Well, I might be buying the Best Buy exclusive sometime soon if I can get it. So I'll try again with that and see if iTunes redeems the HD version.

I think the HD iTunes version has more to do with whether your computer can display HD. For example, my older laptop couldn't support HD and none of my codes redeemed an HD version. I got a new HD-capable laptop in May, and since then most, if not all, of my codes have redeemed both HD and SD versions.

According to VUDU, it depends on what you buy. If you buy the BD versions of movies, the UV code should give HDX. If you buy DVD, you only get the SD version. I would assume this goes up to the studio since they release the codes and it is probably the same with iTunes. I noticed that the most recent BD's I've purchased (Jaws and the Hunger Games) were the first ones for me to give SD+HD copies on iTunes.

You're right, it must have to do with the studio itself. I just checked my previous purchases to see if I had the option to download HD copies with any of the Digital Copies I had previously redeemed, and HD wasn't available. I was thinking of HD movies that I purchased directly from iTunes which give both HD and SD versions #-o

bread's done
Back