The Hurricycle Memorial New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread Does Its Talking In The Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
Need a reason to check out NJPW's Official YouTube page? I'll give you 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngjxm9lRaiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEvh8iejrfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhmI76PM7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBNLRz_VIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bztrW1gRg24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAqe2HZ0V-o

----------

Shane "Hurricane" Helms and his girlfriend were in a very bad motorcycle accident. Helms suffered a broken leg, ankle, & nose, in-addition to a dislocated. He also needed 200 stitches. His girlfriend reported suffered a broken neck. While Helms and his girlfriend survived, someone else didn't; The Hurricycle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpf0SJ2Em4U
R.I.P. The Hurricycle

Last edited by a moderator:
This oughtta shut neocisco up. :nottalking:

Kidding! I can't get mad at him. In case people missed it from the last thread...

Sunday’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view event featured 1 hour, 38 minutes and 47 seconds of in-ring action. By comparison, WrestleMania XXVII had 1 hour, 41 minutes and 6 seconds of in-ring action.
eAeL5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrestlemania, at being a 4 hour event is pathetically short of wrestling. Extreme Rules isn't as bad because it was a little less than 3 hour event and you've got to imagine there's at least a little bit of downtime between matches. I mean, its not exactly the Royal Rumble where you have a constant barrage for an hour and a half straight.

Seeing that 1h41m has me seriously reconsidering buying the blu ray for Wrestlemania though. I was leaning toward picking it up but that really is pathetically short.

It includes the HOF, though, and it's only $20 at Best Buy. I'm picking it up.. I have a $10 RZ certificate, so $10 isn't bad!

Has anyone else checked out 2KW? It's actually really good wrestling... and they perform some very innovative moves. HOWEVER, it is super-GHETTO... as in "our ring is in the backyard" and "our entrances rival those of retarded 13-year old kids."

But again... innovative, quality wrestling.

Oh, damn. TNA just outdid itself in terms of retarded. If you really want to know, check the spoilers for next week's show.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, damn. TNA just outdid itself in terms of retarded. If you really want to know, check the spoilers for next week's show.[/QUOTE]

Holy. Shit.

That... that can't be real, right? How did anyone think that was a good idea?

I'm literally speechless.

I can't even find the part in the spoilers you guys are talking about. Maybe I'm not reading them for the right date.

[quote name='Scorch']I can't even find the part in the spoilers you guys are talking about. Maybe I'm not reading them for the right date.[/QUOTE]

Chyna is Angle's mistress.

eusa_doh.gif

Holy Hell..... and this is just one reason I'm starting to forsake the 2 major wrestling companies in America. So should I spring for all 3 nights of the King of Trios dvds? I just wish there was some kind of break for getting all 3.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']
eusa_doh.gif

Holy Hell..... and this is just one reason I'm starting to forsake the 2 major wrestling companies in America. So should I spring for all 3 nights of the King of Trios dvds? I just wish there was some kind of break for getting all 3.[/QUOTE]

How much for all 3?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
[/QUOTE]

Are you... how could... uh... wow... just, wow...

So I googled it and
http://ringsidereport.com/?p=10088
TNA Wrestling has used Isis the Amazon as Angle’s mistress as a smokescreen backstage at tonight’s iMPACT! tapings is none other than Joanie Laurer better known as 9th Wonder of the World Chyna from WWF/E. They are going to renew the rivalry between Jarrett and Chyna. Isis the Amazon being to high risk being so “green” as a talent and Chyna’s star power is the reason for this change.
Chyna’s star power
Chyna's. star. power.
Chyna's. Star. Power.

This is officially the most desperate thing either company has done in a long, long time.

Put me down for a #-oas well.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']This oughtta shut neocisco up. :nottalking:

Kidding! I can't get mad at him. In case people missed it from the last thread...

Sunday’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view event featured 1 hour, 38 minutes and 47 seconds of in-ring action. By comparison, WrestleMania XXVII had 1 hour, 41 minutes and 6 seconds of in-ring action.
eAeL5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mmmm, beefy!!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']This oughtta shut neocisco up. :nottalking:

eAeL5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mmmm, beefy!!

Honestly, if I think about it, and I'm at home, I'll watch TNA.

Regarding New Japan/puro in general. I've loved what I've seen which has been limited for the past like 8 years. That said, the head dropping, if it hasn't more or less stopped since 2009, needs to go. Misawa is dead because of it. Yeah, pro-wrestling will never be completely safe, and freak accidents will still happen, but some of the puro-bumps that those guys were going through on a regular basis were stupid.

[/QUOTE]
This match will obviously end as a disqualification due to use of a foreign object. What foreign object you ask?
Why, Chyna's 5 inch clit of course!!! It's real.. IT'S DAMN REAL!
:drool:

On the topic of absolutely idiotic things to happen in wrestling (Smackdown spoiler).

Randy Orton defeated Christian to become the new whatever belt is on Smackdown.

WTF.

Also on TNA,
"Wildcat" Chris Harris returned to join Matt Hardy. They'll wrestle Beer Money at the PPV.

[quote name='JJSP']On the topic of absolutely idiotic things to happen in wrestling (Smackdown spoiler).

[/QUOTE]

God Damn It! That Sucks!

Regarding the Smackdown spoiler... bullshit. fucking bullshit.

Honestly, that's worse than the Impact spoiler, because at least the Impact spoiler is too fucking absurd and ridiculous to actually get angry about. Smackdown spoiler? Sort of like getting slapped in the face with an uninvited dick.

[quote name='JJSP']On the topic of absolutely idiotic things to happen in wrestling (Smackdown spoiler).

WTF.

Also on TNA,
"Wildcat" Chris Harris returned to join Matt Hardy. They'll wrestle Beer Money at the PPV.
[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?!?!
All the talk of how this is "what he dreamed about as a young boy" and how he worked so hard to get here just to take the strap off of him 2 (or 5 if you count when it airs) days later?!? With absolutely no match buildup either? fucking bullshit, absolute fucking bullshit.

Not only that but does this mean there's a face/face feud or is one switching?

WHAT THE fuck IS WRONG WITH THESE COMPANIES?!?!

[quote name='007']Regarding the Smackdown spoiler... bullshit. fucking bullshit.

Honestly, that's worse than the Impact spoiler, because at least the Impact spoiler is too fucking absurd and ridiculous to actually get angry about. Smackdown spoiler? Sort of like getting slapped in the face with an uninvited dick.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the dick in the face.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

WWE completely sucks.

Also on TNA,

It'll be
Beer Money
vs.
Beer Belly

Daivari had a dark match before SD...why do I feel a Khali, Jinder Mahal, Daivari terrorist angle coming on?

[quote name='diddy310']Daivari had a dark match before SD...why do I feel a Khali, Jinder Mahal, Daivari terrorist angle coming on?[/QUOTE]

Didn't Daivari already kind of do the terrorist angle thing?

[quote name='diddy310']Daivari had a dark match before SD...why do I feel a Khali, Jinder Mahal, Daivari terrorist angle coming on?[/QUOTE]

If so, they need to pick up my boy Muhammad Hassan on the way.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']If so, they need to pick up my boy Muhammad Hassan on the way.[/QUOTE]

TNA's probably going to hire Hassan to join Mexican America next because of his huge star power.

Reactions to all spoilers for the night - goddammit -
CHYNA of all things in TNA!? Great. Another ex-WWE star who can command a larger check than the younger stars in the company who COULD be relevant if TNA pushed them instead of has-beens. And now they're Impact Wrestling - fantastic, a new name, but the same shitty booking regime, so nothing will really change. And for such a huge thing like changing the name of the entire company, it sure is coming out of basically nowhere on-air. No teases with cryptic network notes like "TNA will die" or anything, just Foley coming back and saying "Now it's Impact Wrestling", and they'd better add a third letter to that or else it's going to be an epic fail as a chantable name.

AND GODDAMMIT, CHRISTIAN CAN'T EVEN GET A THREE WEEK RUN. Guy busts his ass in a ladder match, works hard for over a decade in the company overall, and gets a two day thank you reign. I'm sure they'll do a rematch at the PPV, but why not just the match, and have a heel run in and cause a DQ? Or make it a triple threat and have Orton pin the heel so Christian can save face. Sheamus or Barrett would've been fine choices for that, although Barrett going back in the main event should probably wait until after he's rid himself of the dead weight in the Corre.

Damn, too many spoiler tags for both shows in this thread. I know one of you bastards will slip up before the shows air. :)

*flips over a table*

fuck it. I'm not watching Smackdown. Just...fuck it.

[quote name='Blackout']Damn, too many spoiler tags for both shows in this thread. I know one of you bastards will slip up before the shows air. :)[/QUOTE]
Here's a hint:

2z3nvxg.jpg

[/QUOTE]

eAeL5.jpg

[/QUOTE]

eAeL5.jpg

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Didn't Daivari already kind of do the terrorist angle thing?[/QUOTE]

In both fucking companies no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back