The Hurricycle Memorial New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread Does Its Talking In The Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']TNA is not an option -- so where does the revolution take us? Um, we use sites of ill-repute? (I won't name them; the last time I did someone deleted my post)

[e] Oooo, missed pun opportunity. Let me try again.

Since TNA's not an option, the Revolution will not be televised.

(Too much?)[/QUOTE]

It might just be time to watch less wrestling. You don't HAVE to watch whatever is on just because it's there. Don't be a fan of wrestling, be a fan of good wrestling.

Originally Posted by Ansé Solis
Why do any of you even continue to bother tuning in? I've gone out of my way to stop watching the WWE because of how tepid and infuriating their product has become. Why don't you?
[quote name='pitfallharry219']What?[/QUOTE]

Something is up with the WWE since the RAW before Wrestlemania. I'm finding myself enjoying the show more than often and they're actually building up characters: Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Kharma, Sin Cara.

The change in writers is really showing.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8409534&postcount=589
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Whoa, bro. You've really changed in a week and a half.[/QUOTE]

Good show, detective.

While I think Killings has an above average in-ring talent, R-Truth bores the piss out of me. Seeing him as a WWE heel just makes me want to change the channel.

He needs to have a long talk with someone who is willing to tell him airbrushing his clothes is corny as fuck.

I'd also prefer to see him cut his hair, too. It's not the style, it's just that it's poorly done.

[quote name='mykevermin']He needs to have a long talk with someone who is willing to tell him airbrushing his clothes is corny as fuck.

I'd also prefer to see him cut his hair, too. It's not the style, it's just that it's poorly done.[/QUOTE]

He's 'bout to get rowdy.

R.Truth_display_image.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']He needs to have a long talk with someone who is willing to tell him airbrushing his clothes is corny as fuck.

I'd also prefer to see him cut his hair, too. It's not the style, it's just that it's poorly done.[/QUOTE]

Dude should just get a fade or go bald. He would look way better that way.

I also think you underestimate the use of those airbrushed clothes. During high school, most of the black kids wore that shit where I went. It's hip man. Get with it.

That's really weak that
the only reason they had Christian win the belt at the PPV to make Edge's retirement look more poetic. It will be a feelgood moment for the Edge DVD, the ppv DVD and the WWE history books

Also, I feel like I'm in an alternate dimension, what with WWE giving younger wrestlers the spotlight more and more. I thought I was dreaming when CM Punk first won the title, too.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8409534&postcount=589

Whoa, bro. You've really changed in a week and a half.[/QUOTE]

I've changed? Well so have the top two guys in the company. Or haven't you been following WWE programing?

When I made that statement, the champions were Miz and soon to be either Alberto Del Rio and Christian. Now who are the champions? John Cena and Randy Orton. If you're totally cool with watching those guys, good on you. I'm a tad bit sick of it.

Have fun with your horrid plastic WWE spinner belt...

[quote name='Blackout']
I also think you underestimate the use of those airbrushed clothes. During high school, most of the black kids wore that shit where I went. It's hip man. Get with it.[/QUOTE]

The ass of his pants said "Shut Up" on RAW Monday night. Who was the artistic genius behind that design choice?!

[quote name='Blackout']Dude should just get a fade or go bald. He would look way better that way.

I also think you underestimate the use of those airbrushed clothes. During high school, most of the black kids wore that shit where I went. It's hip man. Get with it.[/QUOTE]

When were you in high school? 1992?

Confirmed - early 1990's fashion will soon (if it hasn't already) become the new late 1970's in terms of us collectively asking "what the fuck was wrong with us?"

Makes me think of the "overalls with one strap undone" look that was made popular by both R&B sensations TLC and WCW's Diamond Studd, Scott Hall.

Listen to. The talk is at hour five right now and I believe it will last eight hours in total. DDP talks in depth about how he got Scott Hall re-hired in WCW and how he gave him the idea for the Razor Ramon gimmick.

I wonder what that Bengals player looked like when he took the helmet off after seeing what headphones do to Mike Tomlin's hair.

[quote name='lombarvm']Listen to. The talk is at hour five right now and I believe it will last eight hours in total. DDP talks in depth about how he got Scott Hall re-hired in WCW and how he gave him the idea for the Razor Ramon gimmick.[/QUOTE]

Worthless without a link.

EDIT: I didn't realize Raven had a vlog on youtube. Just watched the latest one, now I'll have to go back and watch the other ones -- should give me something to fill the time with, since Last Call with Scott Hall is likely on hiatus for a long, long time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/theraveneffectTV

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed? Well so have the top two guys in the company. Or haven't you been following WWE programing?

When I made that statement, the champions were Miz and soon to be either Alberto Del Rio and Christian. Now who are the champions? John Cena and Randy Orton. If you're totally cool with watching those guys, good on you. I'm a tad bit sick of it.

Have fun with your horrid plastic WWE spinner belt...

You're berating other people for watching it, and you've made a vow to yourself to quit tuning in (and "gone out of your way to stop watching it", whatever the fuck that means). There's been one fucking show since Miz lost the belt. Nothing else has aired since then. Stop acting like you gave it up years ago and anyone who still watches it is a moron. That's gimmick infringement against neo.

Hahaha nice work on the double play burn.

Killings is atleast 20 years behind in his fashion but dammit if I don't love it. There's just something about him I've liked for nearly a decade now.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're berating other people for watching it, and you've made a vow to yourself to quit tuning in (and "gone out of your way to stop watching it", whatever the fuck that means). There's been one fucking show since Miz lost the belt. Nothing else has aired since then. Stop acting like you gave it up years ago and anyone who still watches it is a moron. That's gimmick infringement against neo.[/QUOTE]

No. I am not acting like I gave it up years ago. You are acting like I gave it up years ago. It's clear I was enjoying the product until this bullshit went down. Furthermore, considering the amount of bitching that goes on in these threads, as Myke has said, people should at least consider watching other things instead of tuning in out of habit.

By the way, what do you guys think of this new match type:

Everyone is excited about the new “Double Danger” match this Saturday at “ROH Revolution: Canada.” ROH officials have always been a fan of the “6 Man Mayhem” matches, however, officials wanted to ensure a clear cut winner thus designed a similar concept consisting of the wrestler having to obtain 2 pinfalls or submissions in order to get the win. “Double Danger” will be a true test of the stamina and endurance of each competitor and the match promises to be fast and full of action!

Weird, Ryder just put up the newest Z True Long Island Story and I was gonna post it here but it looks like he took it down or Youtube messed up something.

Z!TLIS episode 12 is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/longislandicedz

EDIT: Beaten! That is weird that it's gone. I just finished watching it about 2 minutes ago and when I clicked on the link I posted, it was already gone.

EDIT 2:
From Zack's Twitter - Technical difficulties...trying to fix Episode 12...sorry broskis

[quote name='davo1224']Hahaha nice work on the double play burn.

Killings is atleast 20 years behind in his fashion but dammit if I don't love it. There's just something about him I've liked for nearly a decade now.[/QUOTE]

I always liked that Osaka Street Cutter he used to hand out in the indies/TNA.

[quote name='mykevermin']When were you in high school? 1992?[/QUOTE]

You would think. No, between 04-08. Trust me, that clothing style is still insanely popular. I don't know if it's a hood thing or what, but everyone was wearing them.

You have to remember that after WWF and before TNA, Killings was possibly selling drugs but definitely selling his CDs out of his trunk. He's also from the South.

[quote name='mykevermin']Confirmed - early 1990's fashion will soon (if it hasn't already) become the new late 1970's in terms of us collectively asking "what the fuck was wrong with us?"

Makes me think of the "overalls with one strap undone" look that was made popular by both R&B sensations TLC and WCW's Diamond Studd, Scott Hall.[/QUOTE]
Man, some of my childhood pictures make me cringe....:lol: Remember those slap bracelets?

Are we completely positive that Ron Killings wasn't actually in Another Bad Creation?

Sidenote, his real last name is totally badass. Why in God's name does he use R-Truth and K-Kwik in WWE?

[quote name='JJSP']Are we completely positive that Ron Killings wasn't actually in Another Bad Creation?

Sidenote, his real last name is totally badass. Why in God's name does he use R-Truth and K-Kwik in WWE?[/QUOTE]

Cause he'd have to be Ron Compromised to permanent end in PG

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Cause he'd have to be Ron Compromised to permanent end in PG[/QUOTE]

:applause: I'm really glad someone made that joke. Otherwise, I had it typed out in my head, ready to post.

[quote name='mykevermin']the ones I wore 20 years ago or 2 years ago?

(y'all know i ain't got no shame)[/QUOTE]
I bet if I look I could find my Bret Hart glasses/headband/whatevertheyare.

Also that the group named Mexican America that features said Canadian woman and a Filipina woman is beating up a Puerto Rican guy for not being a Mexican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back