The Hurricycle Memorial New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread Does Its Talking In The Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is Friday, WWE just released weak financial statements this AM.

FIRINGS TOMORROW.

I hope.

My favorite WWE program is WWE Future Endeavors™.

[quote name='diddy310']Also that the group named Mexican America that features said Canadian woman and a Filipina woman is beating up a Puerto Rican guy for not being a Mexican.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how they put up with suck stupidity. I know it's a paycheck, but damn.

Show began with way too goddamn much happening, and of course, involved Immortal being in the ring. Then Sting and RVD came down, then..that was it for them except for a training video. Roode cut a passionate promo - kind of flawed since he said he was a blue-collar worker, but his gimmick is that he's a rich guy who inherited his money, but eh, it was decent enough. Not his best though. Very weird to have them namedrop Jay Lethal unless they plan to give him a pay-per appearance deal. They brought him up here, then again when the X division geeks yelled at Bischoff, then he yelled at them and told them to let him drink his coffee and then they just left, which I thought made them look like dorks. Turns out they were just leaving to spraypaint his car. So they're still dorks - just dorks who can paint YOU'RE NEXT on a car. They teased it could be Russo and also directly teased Goldberg for what seems like the millionth time in TNA. Must every surprise in TNA wind up like Kip James replacing Kevin Nash?

Match-wise, the show was solid. Except for Murphy-Rob Terry. The winner stayed and the loser got, as Tenay put it IMMORTAL DEATH. Which sure sounds bad, and then Rob Terry won with a needlessly complicated Jackhammer to stay in Immortal and then Hogan cut a promo burying both guys and kicking them out of the group anyway. Then they teased that the network rep could be Donald Trump. Sangriento (who needs a new name badly) vs. Suicide was good, fast action, but I couldn't get past the indy-riffic tassles and gear basically looking like a direct palette swap of Red's. I'm expecting Ermac to make his debut shortly. I don't really get a Mistico-ripoff vibe from this, I just get a generic luchador someone would make in an SvR game and showoff in Youtube clips vibe from him.

The AJ/Daniels tag had some good action. Dreamer's heel turn initially made no sense, but thankfully Bully Ray said it was because he needed to feed his family, which I'm fine with - Dreamer firmly established during the EV2 stuff that TNA didn't pay him enough to feed his family, so now he has to be an Immortal lackey ala HBK-JBL to get paid. Mickie-Tessmacher was fantastic because it was built around Miss Tessmacher's ass, really, it was. Every single move was meant to show her ass off. It totally delivered the best armbar, kneedrop on the arm, and jumping DDTs ever because it had one goal and accomplished it. Plus, she looked good in the ring and was hot - very pleasant surprise here. Mickie's post-match promo was very good and Tara's TARA Nonstop Action shirt is great and I hope she gets her freedom so she can actually wrestle. Main event was nothing special except for when Jeff and Kurt were in. Loved the spot with Karen being dragged in, but the whole deal seemed like a waste of JB's intro.

The Mexican American celebration was hilarious - they got the cheapest-looking things they could find, BUT bought a lot of them so it at least filled the screen. The supposed heel group of badasses all wore wacky sombreros with pink trim, then they cut to the Spanish announcers who had a half-filled bottle of tequila with them. Can't blame them for needing some liquid courage to get through this, but the whole visual was ridiculous. Then the Texan, Canadian, and whatever Diesel Jr. and Rosita are assaulted Willie for not being Mexican, which I guess is going to lead to Hector getting his revenge for Aharchia stealing Eddie's promo style. Sure, he did it too - but he's family, so it somewhat okay. Oh, and Jesse Neal is fighting for America in this feud, so they'd damn well better play the video of him in his Navy gear next week or they're complete dipshits.

Screens -

Red Rooster vs. the Pinata - BOOK IT!

Quotes -
Tenay - IMPACT OPENS WITH HOGAN AND IMMORTAL IN THE RING!
Hogan - They don’t wanna fight - we woulda stayed out all night and sure ‘nough, Sting and RVD had to have their 3 stooges out to hold us back! Sting, you can hide behind these clowns, but nowhere more idle threats. IF THERE’S A NETWORK REP THAT’S GONNA COME ON MY SHOW, THEN I WANNA KNOW ABOUT IT. THE HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR HEAD GAMES! SO I’M GONNA WARN YA ONE LAST TIME, IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THIS REP, YOU’D BETTER TELL ME NOW OR ELSE IMMORTAL WILL WIPE YOU OUT AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER.
Sting - I DON’T HAVE TO TELL YOU,, BECAUSE NEXT WEEK, HE, OR SHE WILL BE HERE!
Tenay - HOGAN JUST DECKED D’LO BROWN.
Roode - HEY HOGAN YOU COWARD, DON’T YOU TAKE ANOTHER FREAKING STEP! YOU COWARD, YOU SON OF A BITCH, LISTEN TO ME! I HAVE LISTENED TO YOU TALK FOR SIX MONTHS AND I’VE HAD IT - IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE AND THAT’S GONNA BE ME - RIGHT NOW. Don’t worry Hulk, I’m not gonna talk about how me and my buddies built this company from scratch, and how you, Flair, and Bischoff took the money. I’m gonna tell you something from the heart - as a Kid, I thought you were the guy who trained and prayed to, but I possess something you do not - PRIDE. PRIDE! I’m proud of the fact, I lace up my boots and walk up the ramp you’re standing on and get in here and bust my ass. I do it not just for me and the fans, but everyone associated with this WRESTLING company. I EARN EVERY PENNY I MAKE. AND AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHEN I FLY HOME AND PUT FOOT IN MY KIDS MOUTHS, THAT’S THE MOST GRATIFYING FEELING A MAN CAN HAVE. IT’S CALLED BLUE COLLAR WORK - I’M A BLUE COLLAR WORKER!
Hogan - YOU WOULDN’T BERE IF IT WASN’ T FOR ME.
Roode - WHAT HAVE YOU EARNED HOGAN!/ LEMME TELL YA - YOU HAVEN’T EARNED ANYTHING. THE ONLY THING YOU’VE DONE IN 18 MONTHS IS RAPE AND STEAL FROM MY WRESTLING COMPANY AND RAPE AND STEAL FROM THESE FANS. YOU’VE RUINED PEOEPLE’S LIVES. YOU TOOK THIS COMPANY OUT OF THE FEET OF DIXIE. YOU CRUSH DREAMS! LAST WEEK, A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE WAS FIRED - YOU FIRED JAY LETHAL! JAY LETHAL WAS A WARRIOR, AND HE WAS PROUD OF THE FACT THAT HE WRESTLED IN THIS COMPANY! HE DID ANYTHING ASKED, WHETHER IT WAS GOOD OR BAD, AND HE WAS HAPPY HE WAS ABLE TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY. LEMME PROPERLY INTRODUCE MYSELF TO YOU - I’M BOBBY ROODE! AND I’M THE MAN WHO’S GONNA STAND UP TO YOU YOU SELFISH SON OF A BITCH. I’M GONNA STAND UP TO YOU BECAUSE NEXT WEEK, THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE. NEXT WEEK, EVERYTHING’S GONNA CHANGE!
Tenay - EVERYTHING CHANGES NEXT WEEK BECAUSE THE IDENTITY OF THE NETWORK REP WILL BE HERE!
Karen - GO BLOW DRY YOUR SKANKY WEAVE!
Hardy - THE BIG SHOT BOBBY ROODE and he’s part of a tag team, MY NAME IS COLD BLOOD MATT HARDY AND I WAS/AM PART OF THE GREATEST TAG TEAM IN WRESTLING - THAT’S NO SECRET. There’s nothing personal here, but Mr. Roode needs to be taught a lesson, so I’m gonna call someone very special and this special individual will challenge Beer Money for the titles at Sacrifice, and when it’s all done, they’ll learn valuable lessons. If you wouldn’t have done that, it would’ve guaranteed you a secure career.
Tenay - My scouts tell me that SANGRIENTO is the hottest indy luchador.
Taz - I’m gonna pick the guy with the mask.
Taz - I was gonna wrestle with a mask - as Chyron.
Taz - I gotta come up with a nickname - Sangriento is long. How about something with Sangria?
Hogan - IT FELT GOOD TO HIT D’LO, AND IF I HAVE TO BEAT UP EVERYONE ON THE ROSTER, I WILL.
Bischoff - WHAT ABOUT FLAIR!?
Hogan - Flair doesn’t operate this way - he’s too dirty.
Bischoff - True, and he tried to dig my eye out a few years ago.
Hogan - LET’S GO DOWN THE ROSTER UNTIL WE FIND THE RAT!
Hernandez - DROP THE COLORS, HOLMES!
Anarchia - THIS LAND IS NOT YOUR LAND ANYMORE, IT WILL BELONG TO US! ODALEYYYY!
Sarita - We need the Spanish announce team - BRING THE TEQUILA!
Anarchia - WE GOT HECTOR FROM THE GREATEST WRESTLING FAMILY EVER! YA GOT A NICE SUIT ON MAN. YOU EVEN TRIMMED THE MOUSTACHE! WE GOT WILLY HERBINA, HEY ESAY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE HOLMES!? YOU’RE NOT MEXICAN - YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A PUERTO RICAN!
Jesse - YOU DON’T DISRESPECT OUR COUNTRY, AND OUR FLAG! WHEN THERE’S AMERICANS LIKE US WILLING TO FIGHT FOR AMERICA, THIS WILL STAY OUR COUNTRY! HOLD ON. I’M SORRY, THE ONE IN THE BACK MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND. DO ME A FAVOR - GET YOUR GREEN CARDS AND PLEASE LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!
Taz - Christy Hemme dresses a lot different than JB - at least on TV.
Tenay - AJ WON’T BE HAPPY UNTIL BULLY RAY’S IN THE SAME POSITION HE WAS IN - IN A HOSPITAL BED!
Tenay - THE NETWORK REP IS ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY!
Tenay - HIGH-LOW!
Taz - Almost a Total Elimination - pun intended.
Bully - GOOD CHOICE, DREAMER! AJ - I’M GONNA BUST YA ASS! I SWEAR ON YOUR WIFE AND KIDS!
Harvey - TOMMY!?
Dreamer - AGGGGHHHHHH! AGGGHHHHHH!
Kaz - WHO’S NEXT!?
AJ - Is it about EV2!?
Kaz - IS IT PISSED!/ If he’s pissed, why’s he taking it out on you?
Daniels - HE KNEW HIS NECK WAS HURT CUZ OF WHAT RAY DID THE LAST TIME!
Ray - HOW’S HE DOING!? Tell him I said hello. DREAMER AIN’T STUPID - HE’S GOT TWO TWINS, A WIFE - HE’S GOTTA TAKE CARE OF HIS FAMILY. He’s doing what he’s gotta do to keep himself in the company. Would you stand up to Immortal? I wouldn’t stand up to me, or you. He looks stupid, but he isn’t. I am going to ENJOY toying with his head.
Hardy - I’m gonna enjoy watching it.
Winter - Our souls connected long ago. I crossed EONS OF TIME to be with you, Love…
Karen - VELVET, GET YOUR SKANKY LITTLE WANNA BE KNOCKOUT WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP ASS HERE NOW!
Taz - Starting out smooth.
Tenay - AFTER PEICING TOGETHER THE CLUES, I WOULDN’T THINK IT WAS VELVET!
Taz - Karen calls him Big Daddy? Guess I’m Big Dummy.
Karen - THE MYSTERY IS OVER AND I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!
Crowd - SLOPPY SECONDS!
Karen - IT WAS RIGHT THERE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE! Every girl, almost every girl in the knockouts locker room has been champion - Mickie, Tara, Angelina, Madison…except YOU!
Jeff - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Karen - Why is that? Why do you continue to be passed over? Or walked over, CUZ YOU BEEN LAYING DOWN QUITE A BIT. So you had an idea - I’ll tie myself to Kurt Angle become a thoroughred too! YOU HITCHED YOURSELF TO HIS WAGON THINKING EVERYONE WOULD NOTICE YOU NOW, BUT THAT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN - Kurt thinks he’ll use your relationship to threaten me!?
Velvet - WHAT RELATIONSHIP!?
Karen - IT’S GONNA COME TO A HALT, SPEAKING OF HALT!
Velvet - Don’t touch me - I enjoy listening to myself talk so much that I’m gonna tell you one more time what I already said last week - BRACE YOURSELF. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!? The only thing Kurt and I have shared is conversation!
Karen - Bullshit
Velvet - I would never sleep with someone to get ahead here! THAT’S MORE YOUR STYLE! For four years, I’ve sat back and watched everyone else get their shot, and I have no problem waiting my turn, and now that Angelnia and I are BFFs no more, I’ve had a goal - TO BECOME TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION. DIG IT! You are your “big daddy”, I have some business to attend to that doesn’t involve you. DON’T YOU EVER TOUCH ME!
Karen - WHAT BUSINESS WOULD THAT BE!? GIVING KURT A MASSAGE, MAYBE A NASTY LAPDANCE!?
Velvet - YOU’RE ONE TO TALK ABOUT LAPDANCING!
Karen - I was fooled by my ex- husband for ten years!
Velvet - THEN HIDE BEHIND THE NEXT ONE!
Karen - BIG DADDY KNOWS PEOPLE IN HIGH PLACES, AND HE’S ARRANGED FOR A HANDICAP MATCH TONIGHT. Know who it involves?
Velvet - WHO DAT INVOLVE KAREN, Winter and Angelina versus Y-O-U! LOOK WHO’S COMING VELVET! Winter, you give her whatever it is you give her and TAKE VELVET OUT! (Angle comes out)
Taz - Are there any other women Jeff could hide behind? I can’t get past Jeff hiding behind three knockouts. Well, two and his wife.
Kurt - Relax Jeff, I come in peace.
Jarrett - Gotta go.
Kurt - I promised the network I wouldn’t do anything I would regret. The network rep I spoke to has trumped Hogan and Bischoff tonight. Karen, you’ll have your handicap match - but it’ll be different. It’ll be a mixed tag handicap tag. I’ll be in Velvet’s corner and you big daddy, will be in their corner. I’ll get what I want - YOUR HUSBAND’S ASS ON A SILVER PLATTER TONIGHT.
Velvet - Karen, one more thing before you trolley onto the back. I’d like you to join your husband tonight when I get done with Moriticia, I’M COMING FOR YOUR ASS! HOLD ON, KAREN, BECAUSE WHEN IT’S ALL SAID AND DONE, I’M GONNA BEND YOU OVER MY KNEE AND DO WHAT YOUR MAMA SHOULDA DONE A LONG TIME AGO!
Bischoff - NOW ANGLE CAN JUST CALL THE NETWORK AND MAKE MATCHES!? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?
Bischoff - I’m upset that the world is populated by guys like you - who don’t wanna make a commitment, so here’s what we’ll do tonight - ANGLE CAN MAKE A MATCH, SO CAN I - WE’RE GONNA HAVE A MATCH AND THE LOSER’S DONE AND THE WINNER’S IN IMMORTAL. THIN THE HERD AND DO IT YOURSELF!
Crimson - JOE, COME OUT AND PLAY… Joe! COME OUT AND PLAY, JOE!
Tenay - It’s sudden victory, and sudden death - IMMORTAL DEATH for the loser.
Tenay - For weeks, Murphy and Rob Terry have been under the Hogan microscope!
Taz - MURPHY GONE FROM IMMORTAL!
Hogan - THAT WAS BAD! They’re fighting or a spot in Immortal!? THEY’RE DONE!
Bischoff - The network rep…maybe it could be a ref. Or Donald Trump.
Hogan - IT COULD BE ANYBODY!
Crimson - If you’re gonna stay outta my way, STAY OUTTA MY DAMN WAY!
Joe - Is that a threat?
Crimson - Take it anyway you want.
Tenay - Interesting story here.
Taz - What?
Tenay - She was a secretary for Bischoff - but then had ONLY ONE TNA EMPLOYMENT OPTION - become a wrestler. After four months of training, now she thinks she can win the knockouts champion.
Taz - Earl Hebner - the senior official. And I mean really, he’s a senior citizen referee.
Taz - She dropped her horned..glasses. I’m analyzing it. Got something you want me to analyze? Just name it!
Tenay - Hangman’s neck breaker. Or hang woman’s.
Taz - No one’s paying attention to us talking!
Rayne - Mickie, I’ll keep this short and sweet - I WAS THE LONGEST REIGNING, MOST GIVING TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION OF ALL-TIME! I WENT SO FAR AS TO OFFER YOU A REMATCH OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART WHEN I WAS NOT CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO. NOW, I’M ASKING YOU TO BE JUST AS GRACIOUS - BE THE FIGHTING CHAMP YOU CLAIM YOU ARE AND RETURN THE FAVOR. I WANT A REMATCH AT SACRIFICE. YOU AND ME ONE MORE TIME, FOR MY KNOCKOUTS TITLE!
Crowd - DO IT! DO IT!
Mickie - MADISON, YOU WANT IT - YOU GOT IT. But wait, not so fast - there’s a catch. At Lockdown, I had to put my hair on the line to get my rematch, so what are you gonna put on the line to get your rematch?
Rayne - ANYTHING! I’ll do anything to take back what’s mine!
Mickie - Oh, good, I’M GLAD YOU SAID THAT. CUZ HERE’S MY STIP - AT SACRIFICE, IF YOU BEAT ME, THEN FINE YOU GET BACK MY TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP! IF, OR WHEN I WIN, THIS LITTLE CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND TARA IS FINISHED - NULL AND VOID. WHICH MEANS THAT TARA IS FREE TO RESUME HER CAREER IN TNA WITHOUT BEING ATTACHED TO YOU!
Rayne - IS THAT WHWAT YOU WANT, TARA!? YOU GOT IT, MICKIE!
KENDRICK - WE’RE THE BEST GODDAM WRESTLERS HERE. THE BULLSHIT THAT HAPPENED WITH JAY LETHAL ISN’T GONNA HAPPEN TO US!
Kendrick - We have questions for you - why are we sitting on our hands and why is Lethal gone? WE ARE THE MOST TALENTED GUYS YOU HAVE, BUT WE SIT IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND WE BITCH AND MOAN - WE’RE TIRED OF IT.
Bischoff - I’m tired of it too, I WANT YOU TO ACHIEVE EVERYTHING, AND I BELIEVE IN YOU. THE SECRET TO YOU GUYS…YOU’RE ONLY A FOOT AND A HALF!
Kendrick - YOU’RE SAYING TALENT IS INCHES!?
Bischoff - I’M SERIOUS ABOUT MY COFFEE AND I’M SERIOUS ABOUT BEING PISSED BECAUSE OF SAWED-OFF MIDGETS YELLING ABOUT WHAT THEY DON’T HAVE. FOURTEEN INCHES, A COUPLE POUNDS!
Sting - RVD got set up by Hogan…I still don’t understand all that.
Sting - I can’t do all of what I used to, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve. And my mind. This is TNA.
Taz - This relationship is one-sided.
Tenay - Velvet with a monkey flip out of the corner.
Taz - That’s one hot monkey!
Angle - Velvet - congrats, tonight is your night and I hope this brings you one step closer to becoming knockouts champ. Karen, you’re about to witness a nightmare you can’t imagine. Velvet wasn’t the chosen one - it was someone or something you can’t even fathom. THE CHOSEN ONE IS GONNA TAKE YOU OUT SO I CAN FOCUS ON JEFF AND WHOOP HIS ASS WITHOUT DISTRACTION AND THE CHOSEN ONE WILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK. OH THAT IS REAL THAT IS DAMN REAL, BITCH!
Tenay - WOAH! NEXT THURSDAY, WE’LL ALL MEET THE NEW MS. ANGLE AND AT THE SAME TIME JEFF JARRETT WILL MEET THE CHOSEN ONE PLUS THE IDENDITY OF THE NETWORK REP! ALL THE QUESTIONS ANSWERED NEXT WEEK!
Hogan - It couldn’t be Flair .
Bischoff - HE’S THE DIRTIEST PLAYER INT EH GAME.
Hogan - IT’S RUSSO! WHAT - WHO’S NEXT!? IT’S GOLDBERG!?

In case you missed it, which I do belive most of your probably did, Jericho did a solid comedy bit tonight on Attack of the Show on G4 spoofing Thor. Was a very solid comdy bit and makes me wish he would return to the ring or maybe even try his hand at acting. He has the natural charisma for it.

Page 6 of this thread is far and away the most entertaining thing even remotely related to wrestling right now. I actually lol'd at one point.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Stop acting like you gave it up years ago and anyone who still watches it is a moron. That's gimmick infringement against neo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for having my back, pfh. :D

So..quick question about next weeks TNA spoiler w/ pic
025.jpg

Is TNA about to get sued for using that name?

[quote name='neocisco']Page 6 of this thread is far and away the most entertaining thing even remotely related to wrestling right now. I actually lol'd at one point.

Thanks for having my back, pfh. :D[/QUOTE]

No problem. :cool:

[quote name='diddy310']So..quick question about next weeks TNA spoiler w/ pic
025.jpg

Is TNA about to get sued for using that name?
[/QUOTE]

I could see WWE selling TNA the rights to the name... and then using a quarter of that to buy the Kharma name.

The naughty librarian entrance and strip for Miss Tessmacher is a very good idea and she sells it well.

Angelina Love as a zombie is just wonderful, though it makes me miss Daffny to a certain degree.

Otherwise, weird show. First time I've watched wrestling from start to finish in probably 12 years.

so yeah scouring youtube. Never knew Alberto Del Rio was a Pride Fighter. Dos Caras Jr staying true the mask and getting knocked the out by Mirko Crocop.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlOVFMISEI&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/media]

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Oh, and Jesse Neal is fighting for America in this feud, so they'd damn well better play the video of him in his Navy gear next week or they're complete dipshits.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was supposed to be the Guns feuding with Mexican America but Anarquia botched a move last week and Sabin looked legit injured. It especially sucks because Shelley returned last week as well.

Defending the USA angles need to be banned from wrestling. Seriously. They are so awful and cheesy. Also, it's nice to see TNA being consistent with their angles, considering Shannon Moore was turning heel for the past few months.

[quote name='xilly']Bad news for Hurricane:[/QUOTE]
I hope they recover soon.

Make sure to tune into Smackdown tonight for Christian's Championship Celebration!

OXkYY.png

Taping a "sports entertainment" program is absurd in this day and age. The format of sports (let alone the program being recorded in front of a live audience) makes watching things days after the fact irrelevant.

Ugh. Treating the outcome of Smackdown, Superstars, or Impact as unknown is such a slap in the face. It's fucking retarded. Imagine if the NHL would tape all the playoff games and show them on Sunday (while frequently cutting into the game to show commercials). You think "that's fucking retarded, myke."

Well, yeah, that's the point, isn't it?

While driving through Tennessee this week I heard a radio spot for next weeks smackdown taping.
Christian and Orton vs Sheamus and Wade Barrett in a tag match. Kind of sounds like a dark match main event, but it could also be a way to push a heel christian vs face Orton. Christian got to walk up the ramp when SD ended this week and he looked confused and disappointed.

The Playoffs are like a Saturday Night's Main event. The PPV would be the semi-finals and the Stanley Cup is wrestlemania.

I'm actually going to that event. It reeks of dark match main event. The dmme advertised before the draft involved Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio. Don't remember the other two involved.

It's been reported that Hurricane has a broken ankle, broken leg, broken nose, and dislocated jaw. He also has received more than 200 stitches. His girlfriend is said to have a broken freakin' neck.

I take it he is no longer dating Velvet Sky since it just says "his girlfriend". Sounds like the bike flipped on impact or she got slingshotted off when it crashed. :cry:

I wonder if TNA will incorporate this into the Hulk Hogan ruined Jeff Hardy's life angle.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's been reported that Hurricane has a broken ankle, broken leg, broken nose, and dislocated jaw. He also has received more than 200 stitches. His girlfriend is said to have a broken freakin' neck.[/QUOTE]

It's damn real.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's been reported that Hurricane has a broken ankle, broken leg, broken nose, and dislocated jaw. He also has received more than 200 stitches. His girlfriend is said to have a broken freakin' neck.[/QUOTE]R.I.P. The Hurri-Cycle.

According to Dave Meltzer, people in the WWE are shocked over how upset and emotional people got over Christian's title loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ansé Solis']
According to Dave Meltzer, people in the WWE are shocked over how upset and emotional people got over Christian's title loss.
[/QUOTE]

SPOILERS, you numbskull fuck. Nobody here likes a bloody thing about you - and then you go and do something that reminds us precisely why that is.

Now, go back and decide whether you want to respond as defiant Anse, who is too punk rock for mainstream wrestling and only loves the "underground" stuff (as it were), or you want to be contrarian internet bastard Anse, who loves what WWE is doing at the moment because the lot of us spend the bulk of our day taking the piss of it.

As for WWE, shocked or not is telling. If they are shocked, it is quite revealing that they are so removed from the thoughts and views of the fanbase that, in the ideal theoretical world WWE's built for themselves, guide and direct the product. You know, we're the "focus group" or whatever other horseshit corporate terminology WWE wants to use to describe how they've deluded themselves into thinking that the fanbase, and not a neurotic, in denial of his sexuality, vindictive frat boy of a faulknerian man-child Vince McMahon, actually drive the direction of the product.

But I digress. WWE's "shock" can go one of two ways:
1) Oh, man, we fucked up. We should turn this into a long feud, give Christian the respect and push he deserves, get viewership interested, and sell this as a PPV match. We may not give Christian the belt back, but this angle will make him more prominent and a main event fixture.
2) fuck those internerd pussy-queers! We'll show them! Christian isn't main event material; look at those biceps! This guy isn't even good enough for Vince's bearskin rug, let alone the main event scene of Smackdown. Job him out to The Corre and then send him to Superstars with Zack Ryder and Tyler Reks. Really rub it in that the fans' decisions can go fuck themselves!

And the odds are 99:1 that #2 will be the case.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Dos Caras Jr staying true the mask[/QUOTE]

Well, I love him even more now. He clearly takes the mask seriously, unlike certain other masked superstars. Supposedly he pitched a huge fit about taking it off in WWE, and rightfully so. Hopefully it's indicative of how much stock WWE has in the guy. If he takes it off only to fail in WWE, he probably won't have a great career left in Mexico.

BMF:
4tefiz.jpg

Also, I don't buy anyone in WWE being "shocked" with the responses being what they were. If you're honestly "shocked," you weren't paying attention to these fans in the first place. Which is fine, really, it's not like they're losing any money. But if you don't care enough to pay attention, you don't care enough to be "shocked" when the vocal minority rejects your dipshit booking.

I can never remember if I post crap like this beforehand or not, but this is my favorite pop of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etF5YdJwBmY

I love how they seamlessly go from the "welcome back" chant into the chorus of Enter Sandman.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Seconded.[/QUOTE]

I second the seconded. Thank you, Shrike!

And that is just an awful occurrence to happen to Shane Helms and his girlfriend. :whistle2:( I wish them a quick and thorough recovery.

So, regarding TNA and the company's change:
Changing 'TNA Wrestling' to 'Impact Wrestling' is a step in the right direction. The change actually shows that they are serious about becoming a better company, and I can't help but wish them the best.

"Vince McMahon noted during yesterday's quarterly conference call that WWE will be introducing 'new live event programs' in the "not too distant future" with their current television partners. He added it 'won't be too difficult' to find a home for their expanded programming line-up." (PWInsider.com)

When Vince McMahon refers to WWE creating and utilizing more "live events", I think he's referring to the sitcom/drama/TV programming he wants to toss his talent into. Hopefully, if WWE expands more into acting territory, someone will push for a union. At the rate that WWE progresses, the UFC will wind up with a union first.

I don't know how to explain this image but....

papers.jpg

And some thoughts on tonight's Smackdown. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!

I will say that even as an Randy Orton fan that this is complete and utter bullshit that the WWE decided to in essence make Christian a fucking transitional champion like that. Yeah we all know that Orton is going to be the primary baby face on Smackdown yada yada yada. But seriously could it have killed Vince to have at least give Christian a month or two with the title to see what happens? At least then if they wanted to have him drop it to Orton then there would be at least some build up to it instead of just having it happen not only on the first Smackdown Christian walks in as champ of but with no build up prior to that show. In the end this makes both Christian and Orton look shitty since Christian drops the title after getting it along with Orton getting it with no build up. So yeah... fuck you Vince.

And TNA thoughts.

I really think its a good move for the company to finally drop the TNA name and go to simply Impact Wrestling. Its a bummer they couldn't use the name Impact Pro Wrestling as its already being used by another company. I do fear a bit of hearing the Orlando seals chanting "IMPACT" now instead of "TNA."

That MCMG match in the OP is phenomenal.

And that Flair match is Nature Boy at his finest.

Actually, regarding TNA
No one is sure if the Impact Wrestling name is just for the show or for the company - including Jeff Jarrett. The name change means NOTHING on its own - the key here is the follow-up. If they decide to try and go back to being a strong wrestling show like they were in '05, when their PPVs were doing better than they are now even with a far leaner roster as far as star power goes, then great. Otherwise, it's a futile move.

SD thoughts -

Christian title loss aside, this was a really good show. Loved Christian's opening promo, Danielson-Sheamus, Sin Cara-Kidd, and Christian-Orton. They did a fantastic job building up Chavo-Sin Cara, probably the best job of anything on the show, actually. Orton-Christian as a whole felt like the conclusion of a month-long storyline and not a one-night one since it was about Orton establishing himself as THE top man on the brand, and instead of just doing that at the PPV, they did it here, which made for a newsworthy show, but seemingly hurts Christian - at least theoretically.

However, I think he'll be helped by the "former world champion" label IF they don't book him like shit - otherwise, it doesn't help him much at all. Plus, Edge's reign was cut short because it wasn't the long-term plan, like Christian's, so perhaps he'll get another shot because of the The only possible upside I see to doing this now as opposed to the PPV is it being so close to the ladder match, it gives him an out. The match itself was a really good TV main event, with quite a bit of fast action given that it involved Orton and a PPV-level finish. They put over the title win by Orton as a huge deal and for once, built up how big a blow it SHOULD be for a guy to lose the title. Christian's post-match stuff was great - he got the cheers at the end of the show, but does he turn heel, go home, or valiantly fight for the gold again? In a way, him losing in this manner gives them more to do with him than they might've had with him as champ, so I'm actually much happier than I thought I would be with the result because of how they executed it.

I also loved Booker of all people talking about coasting, but also bringing up the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat - maybe now Wade Keller, who loves to use that cliche while knocking Booker for using cliches, will shut up about him on commentary. I was very down on the show after reading the spoilers, but after seeing it all unfold, I'm not all that angry. Christian got his moment with Edge, got the big show-opening celebration, got to close the show, and at least lost it in a very good match that will certainly be on the best of SD 2011 DVD, if not also included on the Extreme Rules DVD. They also built up the mid-card very well, with Sheamus showing his dominance hopefully leading to a main event run again for him, Barrett, Gabriel, and Slater destroying the newly deflated and jiggly Zeke possibly leading to Barrett going back in the main event mix, set up something with Jahar and Khali, and established that Cody is still a threat despite the loss to Rey, and really did a stellar job with of all things, a Chavo feud in 2011. I'm pretty sure this coming off so well is his doing because they put him in the same slot when Rey started and it didn't work nearly as well here, but they also gave him more to do. He did a fantastic job of putting Sin Cara over while also bringing up his faults and then did something he hasn't done in years - acted like a sportsman and shook his hand afterward. No swerve, no attack, just reluctant respect. It's a very simple storyline, but they've done a fantastic job with it and I really can't wait to see their match, probably at Over the Limit.

Screens -

Quotes -
(as he looks to peeps)Cole - LOOK AT CHRISTIAN - HE’S LOOKING FOR EDGE RIGHT NOW!
Crowd - CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN!
Christian - If you’ll all bear with me for a second - I’ve waited 17 years to do this! I’ve dreamed of this moment sicne I was a kid. I dreamed about what I’d do, what I’d say, how it would look, how it would sound, where it would take place and I can honestly say that the dreams pale in comparison to actually standing here as the new world heavyweight champion! There’s a lot of people that helped me out, and before I came out, I got a text message from Edge and uh…he said… enjoy the moment because you earned it! I’m enjoying every single second of it right now. Edge, I know you’re watching at home, and everyone knows about how we grew up together - and without Edge, there’s no Christian and from the bottom of my heart, I love you man! Thank you! Then there’s all of you - THE WWE UNIVERSE! Actually, there’s all of you - MY PEEPS! You always believed in me and let your voices be heard - you wanted this moment as much as I did, and for that, I thank you. And before Edge retired, he said that this title doesn’t belong to any one superstar, it belongs to every one of you. AND HE WAS RIGHT. And every night…(Mark Henry comes out)
Cole - THANK GOD!
Booker - MARK HENRY FLIPPED THE SCRIPT! His smile really scares me man.
Henry - Congratulations, you did it. I just wanna go on record and say that I was cheering for ya the whole time - not cuz I was a fan, but I look at you and I look at me, and I wanted to be the first one to get my hands on the world title.
Christian - You want my world title!? You realize this is made out of gold and not chocolate right?
Henry - SO YOU GOT JOKES1!? While you’re running off like diarrhea of the mouth, Edge isn’t here to protect you - you’re by yourself! (Khali comes out)
Cole - Booker, I’d love to you see you dance like Khali.
Booker - How ‘bout I dance over to the Cole Mine?
Cole - You don’t have his rhythm.
Booker - Might be right.
Khali - Christian…
Singh - KHALI SAYS CONGRATULATIONS, but before you accept Mark Henry’s challeneg, perhaps you’d like to accept the challenge of a former world champion who has wrestled white tigers into submission - THE GREAT KHALI!
Christian - Now we have the world’s strongest man and a guy who on Raw was wearing a tutu. LET’S GET ANOTHER FREAK OUT HERE AND JOIN THE CIRCUS!
Booker - Everybody’s coming out thinking that they can just come out and beat this man, but Randy Orton might be the one.
Orton - Now…I’m no freak. But I am Randy Orton. I’m new on SD, and if this is how ya do things over here, I’m not gonna let this opportunity pass me by, so if you would, throw my name in the hat to face you for the world title.
Long - Hold on playas. Well, it seems to me that there’s a decision to be made about who will be first in line to challenge Christian for the world title. Now playas, I’m not gonna make it - instead, I am going to leave it up to THE WWE UNVIERSE RIGHT HERE IN ORLANDO! So…Orlando!
Orlando - RANDY! RANDY! RANDY!
Long - Orlando, MAKE SOME NOISE if you wanna see Christian versus Mark Henry. (BOOS) Or do you wanna see Christian versus Khali (boos) Or Christian versus RANDY ORTON! (big cheers) Well then, it’s official - Christian versus Randy Orton for the world heavyweight championship! And playas, I’m going to make that match TONIGHT!
Cole - HE FINALLY MADE A BRILLIANT DECISION - ONLY TOOK EIGHT YEARS!
Booker - Raw ain’t got nothing on THE SMACKDOWN, DAWG!
Josh - Speaking of Raw - WE CELEBRATE THE BIGGEST BIRTHDAY PARTY IN HISTORY!
Josh - AFTER ALMOST ONE YEAR, JOHN CENA IS AGAIN WWE CHAMPION!
Josh - It was BOOM BOOM BOOM, Booker.
Booker - BAM!
Josh - Daniel Bryan is a superstar to keep your eye on.
Cole - He’s the Green Hornet? Since he’s come over to SD, he’s…still a nerd. And a dweeb.
Josh - Sheamus suffered a loss on Sunday.
Booker - A BIG LOSS. ANYTIME YOU LOSE A TITLE, IT’S MONEY OUTTA YO POCKET!
(after the kick combo)Booker - I don’t know if Daniel Bryan has a little KUNG FU OR KARATE IN HIS BACKGROUND. Or Jiu-Jitsu.
Cole - BROGUE KICK!
Booker - RIGHT TO THE SNOUT!
Sheamus - SMACKDOWN BELONGS TO ME!
Cole - Cody said that one of those bags is for you, Booker.
Booker - OH REALLY!?
Booker - The mist was shades of the Great Muta.
Cole - IT WAS UNSANATARY!
Cody - There’s a common expression, and I’m sure you’re all familiar with it - is adding insult to injury. THAT IS WHAT REY DID SEARING MY EYES WITH THE MIST. AND I HATE THAT IT WILL REFELCT AS A LOSS FOR ME IN THE RECORD BUT I DID EXPOSE REY. BETTER YET, I forced him to expose himself! REY WAS DESPERATE, GUTLESS, AND A COWARD! Thankfully, I won’t have to deal with him because HE’S BEEN DRAFTED TO RAW! My eyes are still burning. They still bother me, but even through burning eyes, I can see inside and out that all of you are still ugly! But as a service to you and at great expense to me, I will provide you with THESE PAPER BAGS! ASSISTANTS, ASSIST ME - HAND THEM OUT! EVERYONE, HIDE YOUR HIDEIOUSNESS AND CONCEAL YOUR REPUGNANCE! WHILE MY FACE MAY REPULSE YOU, YOUR UGLINESS OFFENDS ME!
Cole - ASSISTANTS, BRING ONE OF THOSE BAGS OVER HERE! BOOKER T WANTS ONE!
Josh - Even though Big Show was drafted to Raw, he can compete on SD as one half of the tag team champions.
Josh - THE GOD OF THUNDER HAS NOTHING ON THESE TWO BEASTS!
Cole - Booker, glad you could come here and take a break from your day job at Disneyland, or Disney World as GOOFY!
Booker - One day, I’ll take this suit off…
Cole - THE GOOFY SUIT!?
Josh - It’s the Michael Cole comedy hour.
Cole - I love that now that Michelle isn’t here to protect here, Layla’s trying to be friends with all the other divas.
Booker - It’s one of those deals where she was around the wrong crowd and then the things she that was cool weren’t so cool anymore.
Booker - If I saw Kharma coming to the ring, I’d be scared as Hell!
Booker - KHARMA’S LOOKING AT HER LIKE SHE’S A CHICKEN BONE!
(after the implant buster to Alicia)Fans - ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!
Cole - One of the definitions of karma is fate - all the divas are looking at their fate right now.
Slater - YOU AIN’T SO BAD, ZEKE!
Barrett - Been a pleasure working with ya.
Booker - ON THE STREET, YOU GET BEAT INTO A GANG AND YOU GET BEAT OUT! HE TOOK A BEATING OUT OF THE CORRE! That was a beat down, dawg.
Josh - Sin Cara is mystifying.
Chavo - That’s a pretty incredible entrance.
Chavo - SiN Cara’s been here two-three months - I’ve been here ten years! He’s obviously seen a lot of my tapes. See that? Definitely a Guerrero move.
Chavo - I remember doing that to Eddie.
Chavo - Sin Cara is very one-dimensional. I can fly, I can wrestle, I can brawl.
Booker - Sin Cara does the uptown game.
Chavo - NO ONE DOES THE UPTOWN GAME BETTER THAN ME!
Cole - Christian’s dream may become a nightmare!
Cole - CHRISTIAN HAS LIVED HIS DREAM FOR FIVE DAYS!
Booker - Christian is the most underrated champion in this business, but it don’t matter cuz Orton is gonna wanna beat him!
Josh - RANDY ORTON HAS PINPOINTED THE BRUISES ON CHRISTIAN IS GOING AFTER THEM!
Booker - A ladder match is the kind of match I’ve avoided my whole career. YOU CAN BREAK A RIB LIKE ALBERTO DEL RIO PERHAPS DID!
Booker - When you get to the top, you start to coast.
Cole - I’VE NEVER SEEN RANDY ORTON COAST IN HIS CAREER!
Josh - ORTON’S DIALING IT UP! (what? G-E-A-R 2)
Cole - A TITLE REIGN OF JUST FIVE DAYS!
Booker - It’s the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

First time I have watched Smackdown and it is amazing how much actual wrestling is on the show. As for the Christian situation, it does seem that this may be part of a larger storyline with Orton.

[quote name='diddy310']Ermac's ladder ending is pretty good, and further solidifies how much of a dick Shao Kahn is.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. ;)

WWE must be deaf and blind too, because Christian got a huge reaction from the crowd when he won the title. The guy constantly puts on good matches, and the crowd is always into them.
For a guy who supposedly has the pull to get people fired and stop people's pushes, you would think Orton would do the solid and tell those in WWE that what they did to Christian blows balls. He could have vetoed it and set up a better storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back