The Hurricycle Memorial New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread Does Its Talking In The Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Dirk Benedict at a comic convention yesterday. We discussed the finer points of Body Slam and why it's better than The Wrestler.

[quote name='Halo05']EDIT - Bound for Glory 2006 was in Detroit.[/QUOTE]

It was kind of cool to be there to see Sting win the older NWA belt since he never did back in the NWA/WCW days (they had switched to Big Gold by the time he first beat Flair).

Russo kept walking around where we were sitting - my friend repeatedly muttered things like "I don't understand what's going on" and "this is so confusing" loudly whenever he walked by. Good times, mang.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Ain't nuttin' finer than a promo by Scott Steiner![/QUOTE]
Add in "Can't Touch This" and baby, you've got a stew going.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']why am I watching a TNA ppv
why was I expecting a clean finish to that tag match[/QUOTE]

You must be the only one, cause normally on PPV nights these threads are a bit more active.. unless the chat is going. :p

NJPW Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28213878@N06/sets/72157626605836473/

5724934194_0e4156aff5.jpg

Umm...caption contest?

5724392795_275932c6b2.jpg

Best $5 I ever spent.

:applause:

Looks like you got some great wrestling tonight myke.

Mr. Anderson coming out to go "guest commentating" on the main event.... its 9:35 PM CST... he's now talking on mic.... yeah this main event is going to suck.

Anyone catch the Bully Ray promo tonight?

Bully Ray did a very good interview as a heel saying A.J. is what's wrong with pro wrestlers, on twitter playing video games when wrestlers should be drinking whiskey and chasing women.

Source

:rofl:

^ Bully Ray is brilliant. I don't know if I'll ever not be shocked by saying that, but still...

[quote name='Demolition Man']Looks like you got some great wrestling tonight myke.[/QUOTE]

One of the best wrestling shows I've been to, it was fuckin' undescribably awesome. The Kojima/Dan Maff v Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard/Karl Anderson) tag match was out of this world. Kenny Omega vs Liger was excellent as well, and Tanahashi v Richards match was great. Top to bottom a fantastic show.

fuck, Lance Hoyt did a run-in to debut with NJPW and that didn't even bring down my wrestling high from tonight.

Its sad that the best thing on this PPV was that Bully Ray promo. Oh and great job TNA once again completely exposing your product by showing Tenay once again reading from a script.

myke I'm assuming that's Davey Richards you saw tonight. If so then damn you really got your money's worth.

Horrible main event. Many blown moves. Sting wins in a sudden finish. Most of the match was focused on Anderson's PBP more then the match itself. Did I say it was a horrible main event yet because it was indeed horrible.

Wow, sounds like a terrible show. I'm guessing RVD was the one doing the screwing up.

How did they handle the name change? Did they talk about it at all on the PPV?

[quote name='Blackout']Wow, sounds like a terrible show. I'm guessing RVD was the one doing the screwing up.[/quote]

They both were screwing up.

How did they handle the name change? Did they talk about it at all on the PPV?

Its like they couldn't make up their minds if the company name is TNA Wrestling or Impact Wrestling. They flipped back and forth the whole night.

On that note The LAW is about to start. Their reviews of horrible PPVs are always entertaining.

http://radio.thescore.com/live

[quote name='thefallingscream']I really need to get used to this fire pro wresting game.Been playing the smackdown games for 10 years.[/QUOTE]What Fire Pro game are you playing? If you need any help, feel free to ask.:cool::cool::cool:

---

After about 6 years(or so), I finally found two new FMW DVDs; Total Carnage & King of the Death Match. I love Super Leather's pre-match promos. It's just him shaking and shouting with a chainsaw.:lol::lol::lol:

I want the "Broskis of Destruction - Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins are still wrestling thread"

captureof.png

Ultimate Broski

wrestling-superstar-Cur-Hawkins-6.jpg

Edge tattoo broski Curt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back