The I have my Wii thread

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I'm trying to get my Wii online right now, and there's several sets of updates you have to go through.

Trauma Center is extremely fun and puts the Wii to good use.

Despite what I've heard about the Wii and Wiimote's size, I was still surprised to see how small they were.

This system really seems like a family system. I can't wait to get my kids playing on this baby.

I don't know if it's been said already, but here's the games available for the Virtual Console:

Altered Beast - 800 points
Donkey Kong - 500 points
F-Zero - 800 points
Mario Bros. - 500 points
Pinball - 500 points
Sim City - 800 points
Soccer - 500 points
Solomon's Key - 500 points
Sonic the Hedgehog - 800 points
Super Mario 64 - 1,000 points
The Legend of Zelda - 500 points
Wario Woods - 500 points

What games you got? what you use to go online? if anyone got Red Steel or Rayman Raving Rabbis, please write how they are.

I got 3 fucking weeks left.

[quote name='Travelsized']So Bonk isn't available yet? I was looking forward to that one. Nothing for the TG16 at all? That seems a bit odd.[/quote]

Nope, just the games I listed are the only ones available.
[quote name='KickYourHeadOff']What games you got? what you use to go online? if anyone got Red Steel or Rayman Raving Rabbis, please write how they are.

I got 3 fucking weeks left.[/quote]

I just Trauma Center right now. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router. It was having some problems connecting correctly last night, but I guess after a long rest, everything fixed itself.

[quote name='evilmax17']How'd you get it already?

Also, DAMN! NO TJ&E AT LAUNCH!? DAMN DAMN DAMN!

How is it?[/quote]

I live in Guam. We're 15 hours ahead of the CONUS.

Ahhh, so this is why the weather and news channels aren't working.

[quote name='"IGN"']However, gamers eager to try out the Forecast and Weather Channels will have to wait a bit longer. On December 20, Nintendo will launch the Forecast Channel. From this channel, users will be able to access constantly-updated local weather information. Users can also receive weather information from around the world by navigating an interactive 3-D model of the globe. Weather information is to be provided by Weathernews. Following this, on January 27, the News Channel will make headlines with the latest news from around the world provided by the Associated Press. A high-speed internet connection is required to access both the Forecast and News Channels.[/quote]

[quote name='mykevermin']Can you buy points online, like you can on XBLA? As in you don't need to buy any point cards?[/QUOTE]

I am like 90% sure they said you can buy them online

[quote name='mykevermin']Can you buy points online, like you can on XBLA? As in you don't need to buy any point cards?[/quote]

Yeah, I think so. There's an option for points in the Wii Store.

They don't cost extra on XBLA. A 1600 point card is $20 in store (400 points/$5), while 2000 points is $25 on XBLA (400 points/$5).

The only drawback is that you can't buy 'em on sale.

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation, Grave.

I couldn't get my Wii online today and I can only assume it's because it's not launch day here. Amazon got my Wii to me a day early. I would expect to get online tomorrow when Nintendo opens things up for us here in the US.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Is it possible to have a Wii connect to a secured wireless network?[/quote]

Yes, there's support for:

WEP
WPA-PSK (TKIP)
WPA-PSK (AE5)
WPA2-PSK (AE5)

[quote name='gizmogc']Any demos of the VC games before buying?[/quote]

Nope. You have to buy the full game to download it. And some games (like Sonic the Hedgehog) seem to support the Wiimote.

And I just realized something - I am the first person to buy a Wii at the official launch in the United States.

You can't demo? That sucks. Some games I am unsure of and would never get (especially to see how they control on the Wiimote).

[quote name='gizmogc']You can't demo? That sucks. Some games I am unsure of and would never get (especially to see how they control on the Wiimote).[/quote]

Nope, no demos.

I'm uploading a walkthrough video of the Wii Shop Channel right now. I'll post it in a bit.

[quote name='gizmogc']The VC launch games suck...Already have Zelda on GBA and Mario on DS...Was hoping for Bonk.[/quote]
Do what I did and download the roms to try them out. There were several games I was thinking of getting but once I played them I would rather save my money.

So far my buy list is

Mario 64
sim city
maybe sonic
maybe zelda

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yes, there's support for:

WEP
WPA-PSK (TKIP)
WPA-PSK (AE5)
WPA2-PSK (AE5)[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks for answering & the video.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Do what I did and download the roms to try them out. There were several games I was thinking of getting but once I played them I would rather save my money.

So far my buy list is

Mario 64
sim city
maybe sonic
maybe zelda[/QUOTE]

I have all on emulators...still want to see how the controls work though. Wario Woods for sure, Zelda maybe (been playing all week on my GBA)....thats it. Was hoping for Bonk :cry:

The Mii creator is extremely simple. My 5 and 7 year old daughters just made their own, and I didn't even have to explain it to them at all. They just watched me make mine and knew what to do.

Kudos to Nintendo for making this system so easy to use. I can see my kids actually knowing how to start up the system and play on their own.

If I ever let them, that is.

[quote name='gizmogc']The VC launch games suck...Already have Zelda on GBA and Mario on DS...Was hoping for Bonk.[/QUOTE]
Whoa hey now, official launch is tomorrow, it's possible they just haven't uploaded them yet

[quote name='H-Town Info']if u don't mind, can u post a vid of the Mii creator[/quote]

Sure thing. I'm uploading another video I'm sure you guys will enjoy.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Whoa hey now, official launch is tomorrow, it's possible they just haven't uploaded them yet[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I've noticed that several titles have been uploaded since I started last night.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yeah, you're right. I've noticed that several titles have been uploaded since I started last night.[/QUOTE]

Any TG16 games now?
I really want Bonk.

[quote name='gizmogc']Any TG16 games now?
I really want Bonk.[/quote]

Nope, my list earlier in the thread is the most up to date.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']cute, but do u know if its hard to hit the ball in tennis, like is it easy to miss?[/quote]

It's not overly complicated, but the controls are pretty accurate and a little forgiving at the same time.

[quote name='H-Town Info']and also how do u move ur character in wii tennis. btw, cute vid :D[/quote]

Your characters move on their own. You don't control them, but I thought it would make a lot of sense to control it with the Wii nunchaku controller.

Cool stuff...thanks for showing us all this!
Noticed you've got two 360s too and it was good to see the comparison in sizes.

Are there any friend list features a la Xbox 360 with the Wii?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myaKiK4Nmys[/MEDIA]

As promised, here's the Mii Creator in action.

I'm uploading a Virtual Console download video now. There's a pretty damn cool suprise when you start downloading, too.

damn, your kid is really cute. thanks for all the vids, this makes me want to get a wii even though i really really really shouldn't.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']can you talk to other people through the Miis over the internet?[/quote]

Well, there's a Mii Plaza where other people's Miis can come and interacte with your Miis. If you look at the video, it shows the Mingle option. If you turn it on, other people can come to your Mii Plaza.

bread's done
Back