The I have my Wii thread

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p1sOauKDCo[/media]
Here's the Virtual Console download in action. I apologize for my kid making all kinds of noise.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, there's a Mii Plaza where other people's Miis can come and interacte with your Miis. If you look at the video, it shows the Mingle option. If you turn it on, other people can come to your Mii Plaza.[/QUOTE]

if u were on my friends list, my mii could visit and we could type to each other, or maybe talk if we had headphones?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']if u were on my friends list, my mii could visit and we could type to each other, or maybe talk if we had headphones?[/quote]

I'm not really sure what exactly you can do in the Mii Plaza. From what it read, it almost seemed more like our Miis go hang out at other places and we can watch them interact.

I don't know how much interaction we'll have with the other people, though.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'm not really sure what exactly you can do in the Mii Plaza. From what it read, it almost seemed more like our Miis go hang out at other places and we can watch them interact.

I don't know how much interaction we'll have with the other people, though.[/QUOTE]

sound Wiik thanx though. I guess they could do another update with that.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']It's a JVC 56G887.

I'm uploading a Wario Woods gameplay video now.[/quote]probably missed my question above. Do you have component cables for it or jsut using the standard composite? :)

[quote name='daroga']probably missed my question above. Do you have component cables for it or jsut using the standard composite? :)[/quote]

Oops, my bad. I don't have component yet, so I'm still doing the 480i. Hopefully, I'll get them soon, though.

It still looks pretty nice, eh?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute.....is that only like 2000 blocks on the Wii? If NES games are 100 blocks (if I'm reading that correctly), and that means you can only fit 20 games within the Wii's 512 MB of space?

[quote name='evanft']Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute.....is that only like 2000 blocks on the Wii? If NES games are 100 blocks (if I'm reading that correctly), and that means you can only fit 20 games within the Wii's 512 MB of space?[/QUOTE]

it looks that way, but cant be positive, remember it also has to keep room for saved data and if u keep your SD card in there, you can play them from their I believe.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Oops, my bad. I don't have component yet, so I'm still doing the 480i. Hopefully, I'll get them soon, though.

It still looks pretty nice, eh?[/quote]Yeah, it really does! Is your TV doing things to the picture to make it widescreen or is composite capable of 16:9?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'm kinda out of Wii video ideas. Are there any requests?[/quote]VC in-game footage?

[quote name='lordwow']Grave, can you confirm that the SEGA VC games are CC (aka not GC-controller) only?[/quote]
They can be used by every controller. Here are some images for proof.

AlteredBeastVirtualConsole.jpg

SonicVirtualConsole.jpg

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']They can be used by every controller. Here are some images for proof.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks, that clears that up. Guess I can return that CC now.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, it really does! Is your TV doing things to the picture to make it widescreen or is composite capable of 16:9?[/quote]

It's running 16:9 off my composite cables. There's an option to set it to 16:9 in the settings menu.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']It's running 16:9 off my composite cables. There's an option to set it to 16:9 in the settings menu.[/quote]very cool :) Thanks! 1 hour, 40 minutes...

so if u can use any controllers to play the VC's games then is there a really need for a classic controller? I'm thinking about canceling my order for the classic controllers unless it might work on the gamecube?

[quote name='H-Town Info']so if u can use any controllers to play the VC's games then is there a really need for a classic controller? I'm thinking about canceling my order for the classic controllers unless it might work on the gamecube?[/QUOTE]

Well, the D-pad on the GC controllers sucks balls, so if the CC's is better that would be one reason.

[quote name='H-Town Info']so if u can use any controllers to play the VC's games then is there a really need for a classic controller? I'm thinking about canceling my order for the classic controllers unless it might work on the gamecube?[/quote]

Well, only some games support all three controllers. I would say more than half so far don't support the Wiimote.

[quote name='daroga']Grave: quick question, how long did the updates take for you?[/quote]

The initial update took a couple minutes. Then I had to do another update to activate the Wii store. That one took about a minute.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, only some games support all three controllers. I would say more than half so far don't support the Wiimote.[/QUOTE]

and how about gamecube controllers for VC's games?

Wii GET!

Just got my Wal-Mart ticket for the Wii (they handed them out at around 10:00 pm). Chilling at home for a bit to warm up. They made us wait outside the entire time.

I just hope they have enough LoZ:TPs to go around. Everyone I asked said they were getting it!

BTW, my local Wal-Mart only had 20 Wiis - I was 18th in line.

Let me paint a sucky situation for you all. I got my Wii from Amazon today. I have all my games. BUT...I have a final on Tuesday. Thus, I've not opened anything :(.

Please tell me it is all it is hyped to be :). I can't wait to play it.

Just a question...so for like the GC controller for VC games, how will they use the C stick buttons for N64 games on the GC controller? Will they change the controls so they're similar to Wind Wakers, for example if you have OOT, or what? I'm not sure how much work that is for them or how that will work...

And I know what you mean about finals. Mine are all coming up and I have a ton since I'm taking a full course load, so I won't be able to play anything until early December =/

I have been waiting for this moment for a month since I preordered it at EBgames on Oct 13th. I got home about 25 minutes ago and I am too tired to even hook it up. Going to get a good night sleep in and start the marathon at 7am!

Welcome Wii'ers!!! WAHHOOO!!

[quote name='nathansu']Let me paint a sucky situation for you all. I got my Wii from Amazon today. I have all my games. BUT...I have a final on Tuesday. Thus, I've not opened anything :(.

Please tell me it is all it is hyped to be :). I can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

I hear that, I have a paper due on Monday, a research paper due on Tue, and 12 hours of work between the two.

God this thinking is taking for ever to update. I don't understand why taking so long to update the system.

[quote name='Bazz']I have no idea , but it's the slowest thing I ever encountered. It's like i'm using 56k to download a 100mb.[/QUOTE]

Blegh. Well, if you find out what it does, let us know.

I'm pretty sure it's just activating the Wii Shop and Channels, but taking way to long. I got Comcast cable and download at 8mbps so no reason for this.

[quote name='Wombat']I got mine, sitting through the updates :)[/quote]Wombat I swear I wish I didn't do mine. It's way to annoying and their is one for every channel. I'm going crazy right now wanted to play not watch a bar or a circle.

I've got a question, does the update occur after you turn on the system or after you set it up online. I'd rather not be trapped asking for an update when I can't access online currently.

bread's done
Back