the I WON A 360 thread

[quote name='Rockman']What games did you guys pick?[/QUOTE]

i think i picked need for speed. I didnt really put any thought into it because i didnt think i would win.

[quote name='$hady']I won monday night and still have not recieved either confirmation via email or on the site. I called the number to update your mailing address in case you move between when you win and the delivery date and i got a REALLY NICE person on the phone who after i told them all my info and the date and time of my drawing she confirmed that i was indeed a winner and that emails are taking every bit of 3 business days because they are swamped.........

I pm'ed a couple other winners here and noone else has been given any info at all over the phone. I got really lucky with my operator because even she said she wasnt allowed to give out any info that you have to wait for the email confirmation.................... So looks like your gonna be waiting a bit more.:cry:[/QUOTE]

did you ever get the email if not please let me know when you do. i think i won today :D but i want to be reassured that the emails might take 3 to 4 days. thanks

Ahh i didnt win. I put all my entries in one slot, and lost. I wanna know how some people have like 3000 they were crazy with that email referal scam thing i am guessing.

[quote name='Captain Flaps']Ahh i didnt win. I put all my entries in one slot, and lost. I wanna know how some people have like 3000 they were crazy with that email referal scam thing i am guessing.[/QUOTE]

the max was 500 for any account...you can only enter 500 codes total..

Congrats to the winners, I just read the email they sent me and entered my code. I wish I would have known about the extra codes before it was taken down. I'm going to have to start drinking a few mountain dews here and there.

[quote name='tearofangst']the max was 500 for any account...you can only enter 500 codes total..[/QUOTE]

For one person. If you have friends with Yahoo! IDs then you should be fine.

I got my confirmation.

Check your account history guys. It only took them 48 hours to give me my win confirmation. Maybe they caught up all at once.

Hey all I finally got my email which simply says:

Subject: Every 10 minutes Promotion

Please visit your account history on www.every10minutes.com to view updated account information.

Thank you for participating in Every 10 minutes promotion
---------
Now when i check my account I get a big dark green box that says:

(time i won, yada yada)

Please check your Account History periodically on when your Xbox 360 will be delivered to you.

In the meantime, in the next few weeks look for a package from Mountain Dew and Xbox.

Congratulations and Thank you for participating in the Every 10 minutes sweepstakes

(number to call and update my info and a reference number)

LOL it took 90 hours hope you get yours sooner!

GOOD LUCK ALL TO EVERYONE ELSE HERE!

[quote name='TJordan522']I am so anxious for my confirmation lol....[/QUOTE]

I'm anxious for my system!! :drool:

I wonder what will be in the package from Mountain Dew and Xbox that those who won will be receiving? Probably forms to fill out and send back for tax info (prize is worth over $500 so we gotta pay taxes on it I assume) and to make sure you are qualified to win and stuff. The girl i talked to on the phone the other day told me i had to keep the email so i assume they changed their mind and are just mailing hard copies out to people instead.

LOL EB just called me today and asked which system i wanted them to hold me with my preorder money from several months ago. The guy about crapped when i told him i won a system. Now my broke ass buddy is gonna be guaranteed a system on release day with my $50. :roll:;)

[quote name='$hady']I'm anxious for my system!! :drool:

I wonder what will be in the package from Mountain Dew and Xbox that those who won will be receiving? Probably forms to fill out and send back for tax info (prize is worth over $500 so we gotta pay taxes on it I assume) and to make sure you are qualified to win and stuff. The girl i talked to on the phone the other day told me i had to keep the email so i assume they changed their maind and are just mailing hard copies out to people instead.

LOL EB just called me today and asked which system i wanted them to hold me with my preorder money from several months ago. The guy about crapped when i told him i won a system. Now my broke ass buddy is gonna be guaranteed a system on release day with my $50. :roll:;)[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet that the package will be your "Party in a Box." Otherwise known as 5 hats, 5 shirts, and 2 coupons for free 12 packs of Mountain Dew.
I doubt we will have to pay tax on our prize or fill out any paperwork, but what do I know.

[quote name='TJordan522']
I doubt we will have to pay tax on our prize or fill out any paperwork, but what do I know.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind...
From the rules:
"Prize winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state or local taxes on prize."

Like I said, what do I know haha.

I'm still almost positive though that the package they told you to keep an eye out for is your Party in a Box.

[quote name='TJordan522']Nevermind...
From the rules:
"Prize winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state or local taxes on prize."

Like I said, what do I know haha.

I'm still almost positive though that the package they told you to keep an eye out for is your Party in a Box.[/QUOTE]

They'll want us to send in our social security number along with some other things...

I won this little email computer thingy that was hot for about a minute like 5 years ago and i had to print out and mail a bunch of crap to the place. I got my thingy though and Ebayed it for like $50 I cant think of what it was for the life of me because the fad lasted exactly 3 minutes. ;)

[quote name='TJordan522']Congratulations! How many hours did it take for you?[/QUOTE]

Around 81 hours. Like someone else said, I think they just did a mass email and update all at once for the first 2-3 days of the contest.

[quote name='shipwreck']Around 81 hours. Like someone else said, I think they just did a mass email and update all at once for the first 2-3 days of the contest.[/QUOTE]

If they did, they missed me lol. I won Thursday AM.

Congrats to everyone here who have won systems. Quick question- On average, roughly how many codes get entered into each drawing? Are there better times to enter, like say 4:40 am, as opposed to 5:00 pm or whatever?

I don't drink Pepsi or Mountain Dew normally. I have a whopping 2 codes to enter so far, and I'll be lucky if I can scrape together 20 or 30 before the drawings end, so I know I have virtually no chance of winning. Still worth a shot, though.

[quote name='TJordan522']If they did, they missed me lol. I won Thursday AM.[/QUOTE]

Thursday was the 4th day of the contest, was it not?

Thanks everyone and congrats to others receiving confirmations.

I'm not an expert but i did sleep on my couch last night, and i'd think that the late night/early am drawings would have less entries simply because you'd have less people entering at the last minute. But then again alot of people could think that and you could have a primetime drawing nearing that has few entries. There is no best way to do this, it's just luck and watching the odds MAINLY luck though....

I got my confirmation today too : ). i won 3 am tuesday and got the email at like 6 today. So something like 87 hours.

Ahh ive botten like 20 mountain dews and still no luck, i even bought some codes off of ebay, 20 for $5 and no luck their either. I need more codes but i dont have anymore money haha.

[quote name='Captain Flaps']Ahh ive botten like 20 mountain dews and still no luck, i even bought some codes off of ebay, 20 for $5 and no luck their either. I need more codes but i dont have anymore money haha.[/QUOTE]

That's an awful strategy....you need to save all of your caps and enter then all at once.

I'd like to see a tally of all of the winners, and how many codes they entered. It would give us noobs a better idea of what it takes to win.

Anyone know the info?

For those who won, do any of you have any spare codes that I could have? (one or two is fine, not like i'm asking for 100 or anything). Just it seems that us legit guys without the code racking have no chance in hell to get it.

[quote name='TJordan522']That's an awful strategy....you need to save all of your caps and enter then all at once.[/QUOTE]

Well im broke so i wont be getting any more codes. So if anyone wants to donate some to me i will love you forever..in a non gay way.

My stratgey was enter as many different time slots as possible, but that failed, i ended up entering every time slot for like 3 hours and nothing.. so ill attemp to trash dig and lookin around school and stuff for codes. Hopefully ill find something.

wait so i don't get it...this contest runs till the 10/31/05 but yet some people say they lost...i don't get it someone care to explain to a stupid person

[quote name='shadylane']wait so i don't get it...this contest runs till the 10/31/05 but yet some people say they lost...i don't get it someone care to explain to a stupid person[/QUOTE]

theres a sweepstake every ten minutes, so there is a winner every ten minutes. You enter a code or codes into a time slot but once you do you can't reuse the codes. Hope that helps

I won one off the Mountain Dew XBOX 360 Contest today, as the person from

09/04 - 01:50 G. T.. BELLEVILLE,MI

I was told that I double posted? *Shrug* I dont know what I did wrong, or is it an vendetta? :)

Here's a tip, don't only enter 1 code into a 10 min contest, enter 2 or 4, it greatly inrceases your odds while gaining entry into more 10 minute slots EG:

lets say one contest has 999~ caps, you just use one, its now 1:1000 odds
if you use 2, its now 1:500 odds~
if you use 3, its now 1:333 odds~
if you use 4, its now 1:250 odds~

If you use more than 4, you really diminish your returns, unless you say you use more than 100 caps.

(edit: will let you when I get my confirmation)

Congrats Dord, get ready to wait though took me 90 hours to get online confirmation. :) From what others have said their wait time was maybe every 3 days they just do a mass mailing.......?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I still haven't seen a dew or pepsi with the caps for the contest.[/QUOTE]
i recently bought a Pepsi from 7-11 that had a cap for the contest, but i won a free 20 oz. instead of getting a code, :whistle2:(.

Interesting tidbit I picked up:

6. Xbox 360 SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE:
Sponsor will ship to each verified sweepstakes winner the following: one (1) Xbox 360 system, one (1) game (title to be selected at time of registration for Promotion), and one (1) "Party In A Box" prize consisting of a five (5) Xbox 360/Dew branded hats and T-shirts, two (2) manufacturer's coupons redeemable for free 12-pack Mountain Dew products. Total estimated retail value of sweepstakes prize package is $580.00. Limit one (1) Xbox 360 prize per person and/or Account and/or household.

I WON!!!

To celebrate, I went to walmart and bought a pepsi. The pepsi guy had just started stocking the cooler when I got there, having just put out the drinks w/ the 360 caps.

Here is the code from the drink, whoever wants it, can have it.
QGSZNSRIHO
Please post if you use it.

Thanks for all the help guys!

QUESTION:
I now have 30 ponts saved to enter. Should I enter them all into one drawing or speard them out?
I so freaking want to win.

[quote name='cyberlian']I WON!!!

To celebrate, I went to walmart and bought a pepsi. The pepsi guy had just started stocking the cooler when I got there, having just put out the drinks w/ the 360 caps.

Here is the code from the drink, whoever wants it, can have it.
QGSZNSRIHO
Please post if you use it.

Thanks for all the help guys![/QUOTE]
Congrats. How many codes did you use in your winning round, and how did you aquire the majority of these codes?

Edit: All future winners, please post this information. If a bunch of people are winning by entering 4 codes, then I have some hope to try. But if all of our winners thus far have been 100-code-winners, then new people shouldn't really even bother.

[quote name='BREVITY']QUESTION:
I now have 30 ponts saved to enter. Should I enter them all into one drawing or speard them out?
I so freaking want to win.[/QUOTE]

I would try to save a few more if I was you, then drop them all in one slot somewhere in the middle of one of the later night drawings.

bread's done
Back