The Ilovebees.com countdown HAS ENDED, what will or has happened?

[quote name='KaneRobot'][quote name='Goodtone']What's up with "blip" and "dizzy" axons?[/quote]

No one was there to answer. Either that or they never rang in the first place. I'm considering going to the first one on dizzy tomorrow morning, it's a little less than an hour away (Ann Arbor, Michigan).[/quote]

GO!! GO!! And if it doesn't ring, do something to make it worth the trip. Grab a girl from the gathered group or something.

[quote name='KaneRobot'][quote name='Goodtone']What's up with "blip" and "dizzy" axons?

LOOK HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS:
http://www.thebruce.ca/ilovebees/[/quote]

No one was there to answer. Either that or they never rang in the first place. I'm considering going to the first one on dizzy tomorrow morning, it's a little less than an hour away (Ann Arbor, Michigan).[/quote]

They probably got the challenge/answer sequence wrong. There was a lot of conjecture about what exactly to do that didn't get answered until several had been blown. Some of the other message boards covering this indicate there are some well organized groups covering the locations and reporting their success or failure immediately.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these locations have hotspots nearby.

[quote name='epobirs']
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these locations have hotspots nearby.[/quote]

Oh, definitely in the case of the one near me. It's on main street right near University of Michigan, so there are a TON of people there. Like I said in an earlier post, if they made this truly "random," I doubt many people would be going out to the middle of nowhere in some farm land just to answer a pay phone for a cryptic video game promotion.

Are we sure that whether or not you get the answers wrong matters?

[quote name='psychotik'][quote name='Goodtone']http://www.johntitor.com/[/quote]

What's your point?[/quote]

Huh huh. TIT.

*edit*

nervous = activated

Here's the point: (Do the math)

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the old Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 24, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper into this site, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 9-11, the Columbia accident and the second Gulf War. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

http://www.johntitor.com/

You think JOHN TITOR predicted all this stuff about Halo 2, and that he was a early public relations agent or do you actually believe that crap?

epobirs wrote:
The idea is that a human ship, whose systems were infected by something of unknown origin, has crashed on Earth in our era. The ship's AI needs a place to offload its functions so it can fix the affected areas of its own native hardware. The computers of our era are grossly inadequate so on top of the damage the AI is operating with diminished capacity. Imagine trying to manually defrag a hard drive while both sleep deprived and drunk.
The first computer the AI took over, for whatever reason, is the web server where ilovebees.com lives. It possible the content of that site has become the AI's metaphor for its situation. It needs to get its hivemind in order but another predatory insect/arachnid is working against it.
Or something like that.

Sounds like someone has been reading the John Titor website to get ideas and making up a new story to relate to Halo 2

Lay off with the John Titor crap already. That nonsense got old a long time ago. It was a reverse Turing test and the subjects in the audience FAILED.

It was a basic mass psychology experiment. Will modern highspeed communications allow you to create a Nostradamus-like figure in the space of just a few months? The answer, it sadly turns out, is yes.

[quote name='Goodtone']Here's the point: (Do the math)

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the old Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 24, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper into this site, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 9-11, the Columbia accident and the second Gulf War. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

http://www.johntitor.com/[/quote]

This is really interesting. Thanks for posting it.

[quote name='Goodtone']epobirs wrote:
The idea is that a human ship, whose systems were infected by something of unknown origin, has crashed on Earth in our era. The ship's AI needs a place to offload its functions so it can fix the affected areas of its own native hardware. The computers of our era are grossly inadequate so on top of the damage the AI is operating with diminished capacity. Imagine trying to manually defrag a hard drive while both sleep deprived and drunk.
The first computer the AI took over, for whatever reason, is the web server where ilovebees.com lives. It possible the content of that site has become the AI's metaphor for its situation. It needs to get its hivemind in order but another predatory insect/arachnid is working against it.
Or something like that.

Sounds like someone has been reading the John Titor website to get ideas and making up a new story to relate to Halo 2[/quote]

The concept has been around in SF long before the Titor hoax. You can find examples going back to the 1940's in literature.

12 monkeys is my favorite movie of all time, so go answer the phones and activate the blip and dizzy axons. I am ready to get on with this craziness

[quote name='Goodtone']12 monkeys is my favorite movie of all time, so go answer the phones and activate the blip and dizzy axons. I am ready to get on with this craziness[/quote]

awesome, another 12 monkeys fan.

So anyways, did anybody find anything at these locations? The ones near me (AL) are in the middle of BFE. One of them is even inside an old revolutionary war fort.

[quote name='AGuth']So anyways, did anybody find anything at these locations? The ones near me (AL) are in the middle of BFE. One of them is even inside an old revolutionary war fort.[/quote]

They found public payphones. At the designated time those phones rang...

John Titor. G'won, say it. It's a funny name.

Ok, definitely looks like the "eyes" wav which was just unlocked immediately follows the "Parasites" wav.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Eyes is connected...That was a quick one.[/quote]

I'll say. Now that more people are awake, and word is spreading, more people are on the ball. Hooray.

Ok, time for a break from this. It gets kind of old after a while and I don't want to be totally sick of it if I decide to go to the one near me tomorrow. I shall return.

"The Freedom for Animals Association on Second Avenue is the secret headquarters of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys. They're the ones who are gonna do it. I can't do anything more now I have to go. Have a merry Christmas"

Speaking of 12 Monkeys, its based on a neat little French film called La Jette (sorry if thats spelled wrong, don't know French). Neat thing is that the film is all done with still pictures, no movement. 12 Monkeys borrows the premise and the airport sequence.

I just wasted an hour reading about Titor and googling random sites on him. It was interesting, (not as interesting as these bees though) but its got to be a hoax. :?

This is odd. I was able to download the dizzy.wav from the FTP site someone linked but it isn't a link on ilovebees! How did they get this? It's definitely part of the set and not an instant fake.

ha, yea...I just spent the last hour or so going over the Titor hoax too...interesting stuff, amusing if nothing else

[quote name='redrobot']The most intriguing one is the shirt that says "11+9+4=24" in halo writing. Wonder what that means.[/quote]

Well, the "11+9" is obviously the release date. Not sure about the rest, though...

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='epobirs']This is odd. I was able to download the dizzy.wav from the FTP site someone linked but it isn't a link on ilovebees! How did they get this? It's definitely part of the set and not an instant fake.[/quote]

I just did it myself directly from the site...ie:

http://transmit.ilovebees.com/outbound/yes_or_no.wav

http://transmit.ilovebees.com/outbound/dizzy.wav

I just put dizzy where yes or no was.[/quote]

I'd wondered about that. I tried with the others but no dice. Everybody should make shout they get dizzy.wav, it's got another interesting twist that relates to how this all started.

[quote name='trq'][quote name='redrobot']The most intriguing one is the shirt that says "11+9+4=24" in halo writing. Wonder what that means.[/quote]

Well, the "11+9" is obviously the release date. Not sure about the rest, though...[/quote]

Hmmm... I'm also thinkin' that "11+9+4" is Halo2's official release date (11/9/2004), and when you finish the equation by adding it all together you get "24", which is today's date. There's probably a little more to it than that, but right now it escapes me...

[quote name='Professor Oreo'][quote name='trq'][quote name='redrobot']The most intriguing one is the shirt that says "11+9+4=24" in halo writing. Wonder what that means.[/quote]

Well, the "11+9" is obviously the release date. Not sure about the rest, though...[/quote]

Hmmm... I'm also thinkin' that "11+9+4" is Halo2's official release date (11/9/2004), and when you finish the equation by adding it all together you get "24", which is today's date. There's probably a little more to it than that, but right now it escapes me...[/quote]

Shades of the Dreamcast 9-9-99 launch.

Sheesh, there has been a pretty constant stream of successful activations since early afternoon EST. Methinks at this rate by the end of tomorrow 90% of them will be activated (meaning even ones that already have "hot" axons in their group but haven't been turned on themselves), unless the fact that you can hear the wavs now makes people lose interest.

There is some message about how they will keep trying daily until communication is established, so regardless of if people are there or not, some phones will be ringing.

[quote name='zewone']Just found this, remember when ilovebees.com would have this up:

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX. STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION. COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL :

And you get:

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION : HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME[/quote]

Yeah, but keep in mind there are a ton of anagrams you can get from that due to the fact there are so many letters. Heck, I remember Gamespot (I think) made one that said something like "HALO SEQUEL IS CANCELLED: YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF SUCKERS" or something similar.

In phone news, they blew four_goats. That's the first one that's failed to go "hot" since early afternoon.

Yes, I realize what I just wrote.

I really don't feel like reading through 15+ pages of stuff I haven't read... we still don't know what this is about, besides the fact it's relevant to Halo 2... do we?

theres a bunch of speculations...but yea, we still don't really know anything other than that phone's are ringing in some of those locations and when they tell the voice on the other line the right code then the axon gets hot...

What is up with "axons" and phones ringing? Why would Halo 2 need this much publicity? It's not coming out until November. It's got more pub than any game in recent history.

Have you noticed that the axons that are on all say "fun stuff!" in the bottom right hand corner? I hope this ends up being something relevant.......and for those who don't know what we are talking about....read this (link below) and if you can make some sense of it all, let us know:
http://www.thebruce.ca/ilovebees/

epobirs
1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank
1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

Post Posted: August 24, 2004, 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lay off with the John Titor crap already. That nonsense got old a long time ago. It was a reverse Turing test and the subjects in the audience FAILED.

It was a basic mass psychology experiment. Will modern highspeed communications allow you to create a Nostradamus-like figure in the space of just a few months? The answer, it sadly turns out, is yes.

Think you could tell us where you found out this information, so I can actually get some sleep tonight!

Noticed something that's making this a little too noob friendly for my taste...they directly link the wavs from the page now, you don't have to put them into your browser/media player manually like you had to for most of today prior.

Not really a big deal, but seems like it's kind of "breaking character" or whatever.

"meditape" is now hot.

[quote name='Nephets']I really don't feel like reading through 15+ pages of stuff I haven't read... we still don't know what this is about, besides the fact it's relevant to Halo 2... do we?[/quote]

Go here, it's the blog for the person who owns the bees site that was supposedly hacked. Read the sidebar for a summary of the storyline.

http://ilovebees.blogspot.com/

bread's done
Back