The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Theres 3 games I've had sealed on my TL for about 2 years, but not sure if they're worth anything. Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles and Metal Saga. Should I hold onto them of just trade them in somewhere?[/QUOTE]

All 3 Atelier Iris were recently reprinted, Metal Saga is pretty much worthless, and Steambot Chronicles really doesn't have much of a demand. Steambot Chronicles might sell for $15-20 and Atelier Iris 2 is slowly devaluing.

[quote name='Vinny']All 3 Atelier Iris were recently reprinted, Metal Saga is pretty much worthless, and Steambot Chronicles really doesn't have much of a demand. Steambot Chronicles might sell for $15-20 and Atelier Iris 2 is slowly devaluing.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Beat you! =P

But if you're wanting to trade in your Steambot Chronicles sealed, I'll buy it off you =P

[quote name='elessar123']Ha! Beat you! =P

But if you're wanting to trade in your Steambot Chronicles sealed, I'll buy it off you =P[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'd probably rather trade than sell. Thanks for the quick answers.

I was looking through all my old saturn stuff and found a St-Key which lets you play import games on the saturn. I was wondering how rare/ valuable this is.

Off-topic Sega would have never stopped making systems if they didnt stop making saturn games so early. There are so many sweet games that were Japan - only releases.

before atelier 3 came out, atelier 2 was sort of valuable at around $50-$60 sealed. but then when 3 came out it went down in value. now that all 3 games have been reprinted (i dont know why they'd do that, it wasnt even in demand in the first place), the value came down even more. when atelier annie for the ds came out i dont think anyone really cared much for it either (just the die hard rpg fans i suppose).

nisa probably lost alot of fans i think. they keep bringing these different "editions" that doesn't make any sense at all. just by adding bookmarks, stickers and other useless shit they call it a different edition. then they'd say its limited when its really not.

I was rummaging through my closet cleaning it out and found some old PC games.

Found an old copy of Ultima 1, with everything in the box but the gold coins. It's the old 5" floppy.

It appears to be a "remake" or refined version that came out a bit after the original print. It's supposed to be somewhat rare, but I have no idea what it's worth.

I also have a sealed box of Frederick Pohl's Gateway. And a bunch of old diskette games like Monkey Island 2, though that is opened. Gabriel Knight 1 and Betrayal at Krondoer are diskette and manuals only. I even have Ultima VI, in the box with all the goodies I think.

[quote name='phear3d']before atelier 3 came out, atelier 2 was sort of valuable at around $50-$60 sealed. but then when 3 came out it went down in value. now that all 3 games have been reprinted (i dont know why they'd do that, it wasnt even in demand in the first place), the value came down even more. when atelier annie for the ds came out i dont think anyone really cared much for it either (just the die hard rpg fans i suppose).

nisa probably lost alot of fans i think. they keep bringing these different "editions" that doesn't make any sense at all. just by adding bookmarks, stickers and other useless shit they call it a different edition. then they'd say its limited when its really not.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I mostly stopped actively trying to collect NISA because of their fake limited to ### copies. Then the stock goes back up. That and their bad QA awhile back, with Ar Tonelico 2, Rhapsody DS, and Mana Khemia PSP.

[quote name='bjstucker']I have a copy of Suikoden 2 I found in my brothers room it is sealed, don't think it is that rare but... thought I would ask.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you don't already have posts where you've tried to trade for that game in the past before you imply cluelessness about its rarity.

:lol:

[quote name='bjstucker']I have a copy of Suikoden 2 I found in my brothers room it is sealed, don't think it is that rare but... thought I would ask.[/QUOTE]

It's worth about $30. I'll give you $35 shipped for it :lol::lol::lol:

Man, I used to like coming to this thread to read about some neat rare thing that someone found. Then people started using this thread to ask questions that could easily be answered with a simple search on eBay or Amazon...But this one takes the cake. Don't try to go into comedy, kid, because you suck at it.

[quote name='jousley']Man, I used to like coming to this thread to read about some neat rare thing that someone found. Then people started using this thread to ask questions that could easily be answered with a simple search on eBay or Amazon...But this one takes the cake. Don't try to go into comedy, kid, because you suck at it.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please help me with my post above. Everyone ignored it and I can't find it on ebay. I found 1 on amazon for $35 but it looks like a cheap version. Mine is official looking with whitish/ silver and blue label... I can take a picture if no one knows what Im talking about...

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Can someone please help me with my post above. Everyone ignored it and I can't find it on ebay. I found 1 on amazon for $35 but it looks like a cheap version. Mine is official looking with whitish/ silver and blue label... I can take a picture if no one knows what Im talking about...[/QUOTE]

VideoGamesIzFun, None of my post was meant toward you. That item you have, the last I kept up with it on eBay was worth around $20-40. Granted, that was a few years back. I have one that is also a 4 MEG upgrade so you can play some of the Japanese games that used the extra ram carts like Darkstalkers 3. It seemed to be the more desireable one. If you have a Saturn and still mess around with it, I would keep it. You can get some great deals on some really fun Japanese import games now. Hope this helped you a little.

BTW...post a pic of it if you can.

[quote name='jousley']VideoGamesIzFun, None of my post was meant toward you. That item you have, the last I kept up with it on eBay was worth around $20-40. Granted, that was a few years back. I have one that is also a 4 MEG upgrade so you can play some of the Japanese games that used the extra ram carts like Darkstalkers 3. It seemed to be the more desireable one. If you have a Saturn and still mess around with it, I would keep it. You can get some great deals on some really fun Japanese import games now. Hope this helped you a little.

BTW...post a pic of it if you can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help! I found a seller that has some sweet stuff on ebay and I was not planning on selling it just found it odd that it was really hard to find anything about it on ebay. And the one on Amazon looks like a fake. I want to learn Japanese so I can get Lunar Magic School. I got some sweet games like Dragon Force 2 but I got stuck at one point because I cant read Japanese. Also I will post pics when I get home.

Are old Colecovision games worth anything? I had it as a kid, and just found these carts tucked away in a box in my attic...No idea if they even work though.

Zaxxon
Space Panic
Space Fury
Ladybug

Beavis & Butthead - SNES

NES-- 1943 The Battle of Midway ( complete but not sealed )
NES-- Little Need The Dream Master Sealed

Found these at my thriftstore about 2-3 weeks ago for 1.50 each :D

Found these at a thrift store for .99 each. what's the rarity of the one in the middle?

2qimg0062nyj

http://yfrog.com/2qimg0062nyj

Like you don't know...

This isn't really a specific value question, but I was wondering if anyone who's knows if there's a general trend percentage-wise in price decreases when a game is rereleased or put up for download on one of the various networks?

[quote name='mickey the rat']Metal Slug Advance for GBA? in good condition[/QUOTE]
the only metal slug i know of that would get some decent money are the old neo geo cartridges. they usually tend to go over $300 before ($500 at times). you can still find a sealed metal slug advance at walmart for $25.

Alright I aquired a CD-I game today , never seen this system before or any games for it. I do know that the crappiest Zelda games are on this system LOL. Anyways I scored a sealed copy of "Chaos Control" for the CD-I. I really wouldnt mind playing it either . . . just to see how crappy it is LOL!!! I'll post some pixs later if anyone wants to see . . . .

[quote name='phear3d']the only metal slug i know of that would get some decent money are the old neo geo cartridges. they usually tend to go over $300 before ($500 at times). you can still find a sealed metal slug advance at walmart for $25.[/QUOTE]

True that, I sold my AES Metal Slug 4 for $325 last year. Metal Slug Advance really isn't worth much, maybe $10 if you're lucky.

I was looking to get rid of all the gaming swag taking up space in my place, and I wanted to just get a quick idea of how much you think I should sell it for. A lot of this stuff as far as I can tell isn't worth much, so I was thinking of putting it on CL for $100, but I just wanted someone else to eyeball it and advise if I should go up or down on that price:

-Halo 3 Cat Helmet
-Batman Arkham Asylum Batarang
-Resident Evil 5 Chris Redfield Figure
-Halo Wars Patch
-Halo Wars Character Profile Cards
-Saints Row 2 CE Tin
-Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories Postcards
-Club Nintendo Mario Hat
-Spore Artbook
-Pokemon Charizard Gold plated Trading Card w/ Pokeball Case
-Some fold-out posters, nothing special here: Chrono Trigger DS, the GTA games, etc.
-Metal Gear Solid 4 Snake Lithograph Art(from the collector's edition guide)
-Raido Plushie (from Devil Summoner 2)

Last edited:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
Do your own research
[/QUOTE]

Well you effectively put an end to this thread because you guys can post this answer to every question here.

[quote name='salty tbone']Well you effectively put an end to this thread because you guys can post this answer to every question here.[/QUOTE]

Yes.... YESSSS!!!

*evil cackle*

In all seriousness, I think there are plenty of items that warrant discussion in this thread, but there are an equal number of common titles whose rarity can be determined by a quick online search. Metal Gear for NES happens to fit squarely in that latter category.

[quote name='salty tbone']Well you effectively put an end to this thread because you guys can post this answer to every question here.[/QUOTE]

I can totally understand asking about an obscure one that is not very common. Seriously though... asking about something like Metal Gear? A Final Fantasy?

It takes like a minute or two to search completed auctions on ebay or a videogame valuation site...

This site has seriously become Lazy Ass Gamer. I think IATCG can agree with me. The GS TiV & Reduced Price Guide threads are full of lazy ass people.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This site has seriously become Lazy Ass Gamer. I think IATCG can agree with me. The GS TiV & Reduced Price Guide threads are full of lazy ass people.[/QUOTE]

omg, i hate the people that go to the gs tiv thread and ask "does anyone know the value for blah blah blah?"

if someone knew the value, it would be fucking posted, dipshit.

I've got a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy collector's edition...not rare on its own, maybe, but mine seems to be a misprinted cover...the front cover's background picture, including the main title, but not the words "collector's edition," are upside-down, compared to the rest of the stuff on the box. I've looked around here and on various other sites, and I've never heard of any reference to anything like this. Has anyone heard of anything like this with this game, or can tell me where I should look for info?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
This site has seriously become Lazy Ass Gamer. I think IATCG can agree with me. The GS TiV & Reduced Price Guide threads are full of lazy ass people.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: Exactly. Even after you say 'read the OP', people come back and ask the fuckin' question again. Most people give up and just answer it for the lazy asses too(I'm guilty of this myself), which only makes them figure they can get away with it from then on.

I've just recently picked up Faselei! for Neo Geo Pocket Color at Goodwill. I am very unfamiliar with NGPC games, but did a little poking around about this one in particular. Most of the copies on eBay are the Japanese version, which this definitely is not. The Japanese characters on the JP game are not present on my cart. I've also read (I think on neo-geo.com) that the US version of the game was never sold with a box/manual. My copy has both.

So, assuming this is the EU version of the game, Digital Press rates it with a rarity of 8. Is the NGPC market active enough to make this worth anything?

[quote name='True Hitoare']I've got a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy collector's edition...not rare on its own, maybe, but mine seems to be a misprinted cover...the front cover's background picture, including the main title, but not the words "collector's edition," are upside-down, compared to the rest of the stuff on the box. I've looked around here and on various other sites, and I've never heard of any reference to anything like this. Has anyone heard of anything like this with this game, or can tell me where I should look for info?[/QUOTE]
:shock:

i love me some misprint especially the one of a kind ones. please post a picture *hint hint* and ill be glad to help you

[quote name='True Hitoare']I've got a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy collector's edition...not rare on its own, maybe, but mine seems to be a misprinted cover...the front cover's background picture, including the main title, but not the words "collector's edition," are upside-down, compared to the rest of the stuff on the box. I've looked around here and on various other sites, and I've never heard of any reference to anything like this. Has anyone heard of anything like this with this game, or can tell me where I should look for info?[/QUOTE]

Take game out of sleeve. Turn game back rightside up. Insert back into sleeve. :p

[quote name='Nogib']Take game out of sleeve. Turn game back rightside up. Insert back into sleeve. :p[/QUOTE]
Not quite. XP
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/True_Hitoare/MPTMisprintDark.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/True_Hitoare/MPTMisprintBright.jpg

Camera's kinda junky, can try to take more pictures if you're looking for a specific angle or something. Still in the shrink wrap, of course.
(I suppose I was technically holding it upside-down for those pictures, the back cover lines up with the Wii bar, ESRB rating, etc.)

[quote name='tc5984']
So, assuming this is the EU version of the game, Digital Press rates it with a rarity of 8. Is the NGPC market active enough to make this worth anything?[/QUOTE]
im not familiar with the platform this game came out on but it does say that they only sold 5000 copies of this game and the other 5000 copies were recalled. id say itsa fairly rare game. theres a few of them right now

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Faselei&_sacat=See-All-Categories

considering these came out awhile ago its probably a tough game to find in the uk but it doesn't mean that it will have much value though.

Neo Geo fan sites and eBay sellers put the number of copies released into circulation at about 10,000 with only 5000 being sold due to the recall. This rarity, along with its technical superiority in terms of graphics and sound when compared to its peers on the same system, has made the game very sought after and has resulted in high prices on internet auction sites. However, when recalled NGPC systems were resold in game stores in 2004, the lost stock of the US version of Faselei! was included in one of the add-on game packages available, and helped to drive prices down.

[quote name='True Hitoare']Not quite. XP

Camera's kinda junky, can try to take more pictures if you're looking for a specific angle or something. Still in the shrink wrap, of course.
(I suppose I was technically holding it upside-down for those pictures, the back cover lines up with the Wii bar, ESRB rating, etc.)[/QUOTE]

AGAIN: Take game out of sleeve. Turn game back rightside up. Insert back into sleeve.

EDIT: Maybe you aren't aware, but this is a steelbook case with a clear plasic oversleeve that has all the back art on it along with the Wii logo, orange text box, and collectors edition lettering on it. Not a misprint at all, just placed in that sleeve upsidedown prior to shrinkwrap. I can make my MPT look just like it.

[quote name='Nogib']AGAIN: Take game out of sleeve. Turn game back rightside up. Insert back into sleeve. :p[/QUOTE]
I think I noticed what you're talking about, but unless the sleeve has strategically placed cuts to allow parts of the cover to show through that I can't seem to find, and the words "Collector's Edition" are just floating there, at least the sleeve is misprinted.

EDIT: Could you possibly demonstrate such? Without opening it, I can't tell for sure what parts of the cover belong to the sleeve, the game, or the plastic covering. Something to compare against would be nice.

[quote name='tc5984']I've just recently picked up Faselei! for Neo Geo Pocket Color at Goodwill. I am very unfamiliar with NGPC games, but did a little poking around about this one in particular. Most of the copies on eBay are the Japanese version, which this definitely is not. The Japanese characters on the JP game are not present on my cart. I've also read (I think on neo-geo.com) that the US version of the game was never sold with a box/manual. My copy has both.

So, assuming this is the EU version of the game, Digital Press rates it with a rarity of 8. Is the NGPC market active enough to make this worth anything?[/QUOTE]
So, I assume yours does not have the ESRB rating on it? I was very lucky and found a US version with the rating. Not sure how much it's worth though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']So, I assume yours does not have the ESRB rating on it? I was very lucky and found a US version with the rating. Not sure how much it's worth though.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I hadn't thought about checking for ESRB rating to determine the region. It does not have an ESRB rating.

Thanks for the info, phear3d. The US version being relatively common probably drives the value of this one down. Nice to have the box and manual though :)

[quote name='True Hitoare']Not quite. XP

(I suppose I was technically holding it upside-down for those pictures, the back cover lines up with the Wii bar, ESRB rating, etc.)[/QUOTE]
very nice. thanks for the picture :applause:.

it might still go for more considering they just made a mistake. it is sealed right?

[quote name='phear3d']very nice. thanks for the picture :applause:.

it might still go for more considering they just made a mistake. it is sealed right?[/QUOTE]
Yep, still in the shrink wrap, of course. I wasn't about to open something that may have been a misprint. XP

[quote name='True Hitoare']Yep, still in the shrink wrap, of course. I wasn't about to open something that may have been a misprint. XP[/QUOTE]
well its still a variant. considering that a copy sold for $90 recently, you might be able to squeeze $10-$40 more for this if enough poeple knew about its existence. just keep it sealed.

Well, I posted a thread about this at the end of Feb., but maybe this thread will garner better responses:

While at a semi-local flea market, I found the following item:

cb1.jpg

That's a Pelican Codebreaker D.J. for the PS1 and PS2 systems. What does it do? Well, apparently, it allows the user to load a CD player skin on the PS1 and/or PS2 and then adds animated backgrounds when the CD is played. So, in short, it doesn't do much that I know of. But what I know of it isn't much either. It does come with an additional CD soundtrack compilation that includes songs from the Final Fantasy, Virtual Fighter, and Resident Evil series of games. Here are pics of the discs:

cb3.jpg

cb4.jpg

What I'm looking for is some expert information as to rarity, additional uses, and potential value for the set. I can't find real info or value on it anywhere. The one place (not Amazon) I did show it formerly in stock had a price of $99.99 listed. I'm assuming that it's a very rare find and don't plan on selling it, but I'd sure like to know more about exactly what I have.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide an assist!

BTW, True Hitoare, I also have an identical upside-down steelbook copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy new/sealed. I can only assume that a partial run got that treatment prior to some quality control person waking up. Not sure of the value, but new copies of the non-variant version are really volatile right now (between $37 and $60 right now) on eBay. I think just about everyone is either dumping or hunting it right now due to the Sears clearance markdown on it ($19.99). Hold onto it for a while or until you see a copy actually sell for a major premium (@$100) before moving it.

bread's done
Back