The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

You might be able to clear more from selling the Devil Summoner 2 game itself if it's sealed; the last one I sold like that went for $34 + shipping (Amazon).

[quote name='The Punisher']Also, GS has a B2G2 free promo until 9/11. So u can get 3 more $20 games and pay only $40 for total of 4 games.[/QUOTE]

New games qualify? I thought it was B2G2 on used PS2?

I know it isn't technically a game, but game related. I found a stack of nintendogs trading cards. I was wondering if they were worth anything? I can't seem to find much info on them.

Also not a game but I found Mickey Mouse in Living Color Volume 1 at a pawn shop. It lacks the collectible tin case so I'm not sure what it's worth without it...

I found some old games at a thrift store and i am wondering how much they are worth.

1.Dragon warrior 2 cobis journey cart only

2.Final fantasy 7 black label complete with a pizza hut demo disc. On the back it says realistic violence.

3. Star wars KOTOR II the sith lords case and disc only

4. And Jade empire limited edition complete mint.

i got my original earthbound with scratch and sniff and huge box of chrono trigger with guide. also perfect ff7, xenogears, parasite eve, vagrant story, etc. great collection.

i was an idiot tho and threw away my perfect snes. i was moving out and thought i got roms/emulators i dont need an snes. doh. but of course i keep all the games/eh?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for GameCube. How much is it worth? I saw it at my local Flea Market and I had never seen a copy before.

Honestly, some of you need to take 30 whole seconds and do a completed auctions search on eBay before asking "how much is X worth?".

I bought a Shenmue Limited Edition today, anyone know much about it? There was one on ebay and I know there is only a difference in that it comes with a soundtrack but thats all I know about it. Anyone know the value and if its "rare"?

[quote name='Vinny']Honestly, some of you need to take 30 whole seconds and do a completed auctions search on eBay before asking "how much is X worth?".[/QUOTE]
That's not always a good indicator. Besides, what is the point of this thread then? Wait, let me answer that, so people can get help from knowledgeable members.

[quote name='Andami']That's not always a good indicator. Besides, what is the point of this thread then? Wait, let me answer that, so people can get help from knowledgeable members.[/QUOTE]

I sold a Near Mint one for $34.99 + shipping on Amazon, early December of last year. Probably cleared around $26 after fees and shipping cost.

Anyone have any input on what an English Language, Asian region Complete copy of Resident Evil 1 for PC would go for?

The Virgin Published US PC version goes for a lot because its the only truly uncensored version. I think this one is the same. Variant box art and cd art though. Took me a long time to find someone on the internet who had any information about this version. Everyone else refrenced the japanese version, which has similar boxart but says "biohazard" and has japanese wording.

I wonder what a resident evil collector would pay for this variant? There are no listings for a similar item on ebay, amazon, or other sites.

WP_000092.jpg

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I sold a Near Mint one for $34.99 + shipping on Amazon, early December of last year. Probably cleared around $26 after fees and shipping cost.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. So $10 for a complete copy in good condition is not bad then.

[quote name='Andami']That's not always a good indicator. Besides, what is the point of this thread then? Wait, let me answer that, so people can get help from knowledgeable members.[/QUOTE]

That usual good enough when there are multiple copies on ebay. In this case over 90 copies were sold on ebay in the last 2 weeks.

It would be nice for this thread to be about one of a kind rarity or stuff you dont see on ebay every day

I wasn't calling you out specifically but the point of this thread was to discuss the rarity of games (rarity and value are not the same thing, i.e., Growlanser Heritage of War was limited to only 5000 copies here but it's not worth much, even new), not ask prices of games easily gauged using eBay/Amazon, not to mention VGPC. I do get what you're saying, as prices can be all over the place, but you should still be able to fix a value to the game considering the amount of data available for it.

[quote name='jer7583']Anyone have any input on what an English Language, Asian region Complete copy of Resident Evil 1 for PC would go for?

The Virgin Published US PC version goes for a lot because its the only truly uncensored version. I think this one is the same. Variant box art and cd art though. Took me a long time to find someone on the internet who had any information about this version. Everyone else refrenced the japanese version, which has similar boxart but says "biohazard" and has japanese wording.

I wonder what a resident evil collector would pay for this variant? There are no listings for a similar item on ebay, amazon, or other sites.

WP_000092.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now this is something this thread was meant to discuss. But sorry to say, I have no idea on how to value it even though probably incredibly rare. I'd bet that this is obscure enough that someone would be will to pay good money for it.

Funny thing is I paid like, $5 for it at a goodwill in southwest michigan, seeing the prices for the US PC version.. I'm not a resident evil freak so I'm not super attached to it. I just want to get the most from it I can, i guess.

And those knowledgable members will just go use eBay and throw you a number. rofl

TL;DR WARNING. ADHD POSTERS BEWARE!

Okay, so this isn’t going to be the most interesting game in the world to discuss, but I halfway believe that I might have unearthed a previously-unknown and very rare GBA game.

Submitted for your consideration is Pocket Professor KwikNotes: Volume 1:

110_0052.png
110_0055.png

Yeah, it’s educational software, and not the kind of thing that anyone would want for any reason other than potential rarity. However, if my research on this game leads me to believe what I think it does, this is a very low-print game and nearly impossible to come across.

I think that I initially heard about it when just skimming through a master list of GBA games to check ebay prices on. The first sign that something was up was this listing. Insane ebay gougers are a dime a dozen, but I just had to wonder why someone would be asking SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS for a sealed GBA game. Even sealed copies of Ninja Five-O don’t go above $250. I decided to search for other copies on ebay and elsewhere, and to my surprise there were no other copies on ebay (either active or completed), and the cheapest copy on Amazon Marketplace was ~$120. Currently, there’s a second copy on ebay priced at $129 sealed from a generic game liquidator who doesn’t provide a picture, and the cheapest on Amazon Marketplace is $110 sealed.

I figured that this would have to be some kind of glitch, right? Competing sellers with automatic pricing algorithms cause this sort of thing to happen all the time. Though I decided to take a few minutes to do some research on the game itself and dug up some interesting details.

This is a very informative IGN article on the game. Pocket Professor was not available at retail. It was only ever available through the developer’s (now defunct) website and at a MSRP of $125, knocked down to $60 as an “introductory offer” according to IGN. The Amazon page for the game also makes note of it being sold via Home Shopping Network, no doubt for a vastly inflated price. I believe that the price would make it the most expensive GBA game produced, and unless the developers were shameless money-grubbers, a cost 2-4x the MSRP of the average GBA game would seem to indicate that very limited quantities would have been produced. The seeming impossibility to find it online below $100 and the very small quantity even available would attest to this as well.

I also can’t find any real evidence that any remaining stock was ever liquidated to retail channels, though the developer (Pocket Direct) is located in Sandy, UT according to their Facebook page and an oddly high concentration of copies available are located in UT as well, including the $700 gouger’s copy on ebay and the copy in the picture at the beginning of the post, which I managed to acquire on half.com for $12 from someone who likely didn’t know anything about the game. There was also a cart-only copy for $14 on half if anyone’s interested, though it may be gone now. So, at least, it may have been that Pocket Direct managed to unload their unsold copies locally and maybe a few nationwide, but I’m not going to speculate.

I don’t know if the game is actually worth nearly what people are asking, but if people can pay huge money for otherwise-worthless games like Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak because of low print run, Pocket Professor is probably worth at least something and rarity-wise is at least very uncommon. If any of you made it to the end of this post, congrats, hope this was at least halfway interesting :p

[quote name='fwbweux']

I don’t know if the game is actually worth nearly what people are asking, but if people can pay huge money for otherwise-worthless games like Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak because of low print run, Pocket Professor is probably worth at least something and rarity-wise is at least very uncommon. If any of you made it to the end of this post, congrats, hope this was at least halfway interesting :p[/QUOTE]

Very interesting write up (LOL @ $125 MSRP) but the problem with something so obscure is that if people don't know about it, there will be no demand for it. It's easy with something like the Flintstones, which comes from a popular and well known franchise. Of course, it's impossible to gauge values on stuff like this due to fixed re-seller market.

But that's still a great pick-up simply because of its obscurity and considering how late it came out (quite a while after the DS was released, going by the IGN article). Maybe you should listing it with a really insane reserve price and what happens.:lol:

There's quite a few games like this (low budget games sold directly to consumers), especially on portables and I wish there was a more through resource on them.

[quote name='fwbweux']TL;DR WARNING. ADHD POSTERS BEWARE!

Okay, so this isn’t going to be the most interesting game in the world to discuss, but I halfway believe that I might have unearthed a previously-unknown and very rare GBA game.

Submitted for your consideration is Pocket Professor KwikNotes: Volume 1:

110_0052.png
110_0055.png

Yeah, it’s educational software, and not the kind of thing that anyone would want for any reason other than potential rarity. However, if my research on this game leads me to believe what I think it does, this is a very low-print game and nearly impossible to come across.

I think that I initially heard about it when just skimming through a master list of GBA games to check ebay prices on. The first sign that something was up was this listing. Insane ebay gougers are a dime a dozen, but I just had to wonder why someone would be asking SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS for a sealed GBA game. Even sealed copies of Ninja Five-O don’t go above $250. I decided to search for other copies on ebay and elsewhere, and to my surprise there were no other copies on ebay (either active or completed), and the cheapest copy on Amazon Marketplace was ~$120. Currently, there’s a second copy on ebay priced at $129 sealed from a generic game liquidator who doesn’t provide a picture, and the cheapest on Amazon Marketplace is $110 sealed.

I figured that this would have to be some kind of glitch, right? Competing sellers with automatic pricing algorithms cause this sort of thing to happen all the time. Though I decided to take a few minutes to do some research on the game itself and dug up some interesting details.

This is a very informative IGN article on the game. Pocket Professor was not available at retail. It was only ever available through the developer’s (now defunct) website and at a MSRP of $125, knocked down to $60 as an “introductory offer” according to IGN. The Amazon page for the game also makes note of it being sold via Home Shopping Network, no doubt for a vastly inflated price. I believe that the price would make it the most expensive GBA game produced, and unless the developers were shameless money-grubbers, a cost 2-4x the MSRP of the average GBA game would seem to indicate that very limited quantities would have been produced. The seeming impossibility to find it online below $100 and the very small quantity even available would attest to this as well.

I also can’t find any real evidence that any remaining stock was ever liquidated to retail channels, though the developer (Pocket Direct) is located in Sandy, UT according to their Facebook page and an oddly high concentration of copies available are located in UT as well, including the $700 gouger’s copy on ebay and the copy in the picture at the beginning of the post, which I managed to acquire on half.com for $12 from someone who likely didn’t know anything about the game. There was also a cart-only copy for $14 on half if anyone’s interested, though it may be gone now. So, at least, it may have been that Pocket Direct managed to unload their unsold copies locally and maybe a few nationwide, but I’m not going to speculate.

I don’t know if the game is actually worth nearly what people are asking, but if people can pay huge money for otherwise-worthless games like Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak because of low print run, Pocket Professor is probably worth at least something and rarity-wise is at least very uncommon. If any of you made it to the end of this post, congrats, hope this was at least halfway interesting :p[/QUOTE]

Never heard of this game. Is it rare? Yes, but the price depends on supply and demand. Pretty sure many people dont know about this game and not highly searched. Nice find to add into your collection.

[quote name='Vinny']Very interesting write up (LOL @ $125 MSRP) but the problem with something so obscure is that if people don't know about it, there will be no demand for it. It's easy with something like the Flintstones, which comes from a popular and well known franchise. Of course, it's impossible to gauge values on stuff like this due to fixed re-seller market.

But that's still a great pick-up simply because of its obscurity and considering how late it came out (quite a while after the DS was released, going by the IGN article). Maybe you should listing it with a really insane reserve price and what happens.:lol:

There's quite a few games like this (low budget games sold directly to consumers), especially on portables and I wish there was a more through resource on them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's almost too obscure for its own good. I was only a child during the 8 and 16 bit eras so I don't really have any kind of perspective on how long it took after the death of any given console for the rarities to be determined and for collector markets to form, but I imagine that the value situation on stuff was pretty fluid for a good long while after a console died out.

That's kind of the situation we're in with things like the PS2 and GBA right now, where values widely fluctuate on the secondary market and games haven't been unavailable in stores long enough to realize what's truly hard to acquire. Two, three more years, maybe we'll have a better idea. Part of me wishes I could just go to somewhere like DigitPress and drum up interest in the game as much as I can, but you can't really force a collector frenzy. I'm tempted to see how much I could get out of my copy, but that would require giving it up in the process when it was the last reasonably-priced copy on the whole internet and I don't think I can do that yet, hah.

Yeah, this has made me curious about other obscure direct-to-consumer handheld games, too. I recall there being a company with some really offbeat GBA games like Urban Yeti and Santa Claus Saves the Earth, and I regret never getting those as I don't think that I've ever seen a complete copy of either on ebay. I managed to find an Urban Yeti cart at Gamestop earlier this year, but that's it.

I'd hang on to that pocket professor thing for at least a few years.

If you really want to get some astronomical prices for it I'd just keep it in a drawer or in storage and keep an eye on digitalpress for when people start posting about collecting Game Boy Advance. Only a real completionist/collector is going to pay top dollar for that, unfortunately.

Certainly a very unique and rare find though!

[quote name='fwbweux']Yeah, it's almost too obscure for its own good. I was only a child during the 8 and 16 bit eras so I don't really have any kind of perspective on how long it took after the death of any given console for the rarities to be determined and for collector markets to form, but I imagine that the value situation on stuff was pretty fluid for a good long while after a console died out.

That's kind of the situation we're in with things like the PS2 and GBA right now, where values widely fluctuate on the secondary market and games haven't been unavailable in stores long enough to realize what's truly hard to acquire. Two, three more years, maybe we'll have a better idea. Part of me wishes I could just go to somewhere like DigitPress and drum up interest in the game as much as I can, but you can't really force a collector frenzy. I'm tempted to see how much I could get out of my copy, but that would require giving it up in the process when it was the last reasonably-priced copy on the whole internet and I don't think I can do that yet, hah.

Yeah, this has made me curious about other obscure direct-to-consumer handheld games, too. I recall there being a company with some really offbeat GBA games like Urban Yeti and Santa Claus Saves the Earth, and I regret never getting those as I don't think that I've ever seen a complete copy of either on ebay. I managed to find an Urban Yeti cart at Gamestop earlier this year, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for a game like this it goes against what I see as the sentimental / RPG collector paradigm; it's almost like you'll have to see whether people today grow older and have fond memories of games like My Japanese Coach for the DS. It could very well sit at the $100 mark for a long time, being kind of like Action 52 where it started out as an overpriced thing which will only appeal to the hardcore crowd (maybe future AVGN will do a review of it :) )

Another factor to consider is that you never know whether an underground warehouse in Utah won't discover another 100 more copies; that one seller on ebay could be holding his supply back if the demand isn't there yet.

One more trend I've noticed; though some people collect for handhelds overall it seems like there's more interest in console games? This might change with the GBA since the gamecube adaptor / sp are fairly good, but many of the original gameboy and gamegear games seems more cramped and don't display as well on their respective systems by today's standards. I'm wondering here if more people are going to go with pc emulators or modding their current handhelds to play the older handhelds.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, for a game like this it goes against what I see as the sentimental / RPG collector paradigm; it's almost like you'll have to see whether people today grow older and have fond memories of games like My Japanese Coach for the DS. It could very well sit at the $100 mark for a long time, being kind of like Action 52 where it started out as an overpriced thing which will only appeal to the hardcore crowd (maybe future AVGN will do a review of it :) )

Another factor to consider is that you never know whether an underground warehouse in Utah won't discover another 100 more copies; that one seller on ebay could be holding his supply back if the demand isn't there yet.

One more trend I've noticed; though some people collect for handhelds overall it seems like there's more interest in console games? This might change with the GBA since the gamecube adaptor / sp are fairly good, but many of the original gameboy and gamegear games seems more cramped and don't display as well on their respective systems by today's standards. I'm wondering here if more people are going to go with pc emulators or modding their current handhelds to play the older handhelds.[/QUOTE]

Of course no one is going to be nostalgic about something like Pocket Professor, hah. I believe that there are potentially many GBA games that are extremely hard to find, but we'll never know the extent to which many non-notable titles are rare solely because of the lack of interest in them. Pocket Professor is halfway there because there's a lot of evidence that it really is truly hard to find, but it's yet to find the market willing to pay for it. We'll need a more robust base of people purchasing GBA games for rarity before we'll ever know what other games are in Pocket Professor's league. I think that Action 52 is a pretty good analogy for what place this game will eventually take in the GBA collector pantheon.

It would be just my luck for a hoard of this particular game to be found :cold: Pocket Direct, the developer, appears to have gotten out of the game business and is now listed as an "education consultant" or something like that. I don't know if that makes them more or less likely to be sitting on copies of this game, but I just thought I'd mention that.

I actually contacted the owner of the $700 copy on ebay and he says he only owns two copies which were both purchased from a local retailer, one in his personal collection. He lives 28 miles from the location of the developer, but was previously unaware that Pocket Direct was so close to him until my message. I think that this information lends itself to my theory that unsold copies of the game were distributed locally.

I would wager that the smaller collector market for handheld games is more due to gamer bias against handheld games than anything else. Pretty much every vintage game is more comfortable and convenient on an emulator than it was on its original console, but there are just more people nostalgic for actual console games. I can attest from many lost auctions and bitter tears on ebay that there is always someone willing to pay top dollar for complete, notable handheld games, though, so I guess they're just not as visible in the gaming community as 2600/NES/SNES/etc. people. I'm happy "maining" GBA games as a collector and think it's a very exciting system to specialize in because of the true rarity of attaining complete copies of many obscure titles. You can go months on ebay between auction-style listings for some and I'm still discovering interesting games that I didn't know existed.

hah, sorry for the wall of text again, people :p As one final note, I think that I might try to create a Wikipedia entry for Pocket Professor since one doesn't exist. Sadly I can't cite myself, but I have enough external sources to be able to include a line or two on rarity that aren't just conjecture. Good idea?

[quote name='fwbweux']I would wager that the smaller collector market for handheld games is more due to gamer bias against handheld games than anything else. Pretty much every vintage game is more comfortable and convenient on an emulator than it was on its original console, but there are just more people nostalgic for actual console games. I can attest from many lost auctions and bitter tears on ebay that there is always someone willing to pay top dollar for complete, notable handheld games, though, so I guess they're just not as visible in the gaming community as 2600/NES/SNES/etc. people. I'm happy "maining" GBA games as a collector and think it's a very exciting system to specialize in because of the true rarity of attaining complete copies of many obscure titles. You can go months on ebay between auction-style listings for some and I'm still discovering interesting games that I didn't know existed.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a factor with handhelds (I'm thinking original gameboy here) is that more people played them casually on trips instead putting in serious time on them (like you would with a console). In the old days there was also the mindset that handheld titles were often stripped down, inferior ports of what you could play on the NES, SNES, etc.

I would agree though that the GBA is interesting, and may even buck the handheld trend--as it essentially served as a refuge for those who liked the style of 16-bit graphics while everyone else was moving into polygons. And it reintroduced a new generation to many SNES classics; in fact this was the first time I noticed a portable system with full length games that could truly stand toe-to-toe with the console releases.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Perhaps a factor with handhelds (I'm thinking original gameboy here) is that more people played them casually on trips instead putting in serious time on them (like you would with a console). In the old days there was also the mindset that handheld titles were often stripped down, inferior ports of what you could play on the NES, SNES, etc.

I would agree though that the GBA is interesting, and may even buck the handheld trend--as it essentially served as a refuge for those who liked the style of 16-bit graphics while everyone else was moving into polygons. And it reintroduced a new generation to many SNES classics; in fact this was the first time I noticed a portable system with full length games that could truly stand toe-to-toe with the console releases.[/QUOTE]

Certainly, the first wave of handhelds (Game Boy, Game Gear) was more of a novelty than anything and were targeted toward younger people with a less refined taste in games. There was a distinct line between the purpose of handheld and console games back then, and most handheld games were simply less interesting because they faced technological constraints and the need to develop for younger age groups/people who would be playing the game in short bursts. I own nearly 200 original Game Boy/Game Boy Color games and I'm honestly not sure how many still hold up other than Pokemon. The first handheld gen has aged badly.

I don't think that it's any coincidence that many of the most expensive original GB games are from popular franchises (Resident Evil Gaiden, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, the Castlevanias, Mega Mans, Final Fantasies, Dragon Warriors, etc.) They derive at least some of their price from completionist fans of a given franchise.

The GBA is basically a second SNES and I'm surprised that more SNES collectors haven't branched into GBA collecting to enhance their 16-bit libraries. Sadly Nintendo themselves mostly treated the platform as a convenient dumping ground for SNES roms and then discarded it entirely for the DS, but other developers came through and gave it a solid library. The handheld = kiddie attitude is probably going to keep the GBA from being mentioned in the same breath as the NES, SNES, and PS1 among collectors, but it could use some more recognition (but not until I've completed my library, okay? :lol:)

So, I know it's probably too soon to know for sure, but what are some of your thoughts on the Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition?
I've got one sitting around sealed, but now I'm getting REALLY excited for Skyrim, and I never even played Oblivion, I'm getting really tempted to open mine and play through it.

So, will it be worth hanging on to, or should I open it and enjoy it?
Also, similar thoughts on Fallout New Vegas CE?

[quote name='myl0r']So, I know it's probably too soon to know for sure, but what are some of your thoughts on the Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition?
I've got one sitting around sealed, but now I'm getting REALLY excited for Skyrim, and I never even played Oblivion, I'm getting really tempted to open mine and play through it.

So, will it be worth hanging on to, or should I open it and enjoy it?
Also, similar thoughts on Fallout New Vegas CE?[/QUOTE]

I'd keep it sealed. I never even saw a copy of the 360 version sitting on a shelf around here. I think they went unbelievably fast.

[quote name='CAG90210']is temco bowl for the NES an uncommon game? Couldnt find much about it on ebay and carts only copies on amazon goes for 7.xx[/QUOTE]
I think it's more popular than really uncommon.

Bizarre Wal Mart find:

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption

Found it in a massive cardboard dump bin. Scanned it and got the "see an associate for help" message.

I missed this franchise completely. If I understand correctly, this is the last in the series. If I did pick it up, I'd probably play it out of sheer curiosity. Plus, the shelf wear is pretty bad - I couldn't ask top dollar for it. Disc didn't seem loose though, which is a plus.

So. Rare? Or Not Rare? Worth playing? Or Not Worth Playing?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Broseph']Bizarre Wal Mart find:

Found it in a massive cardboard dump bin. Scanned it and got the "see an associate for help" message.

I missed this franchise completely. If I understand correctly, this is the last in the series. If I did pick it up, I'd probably play it out of sheer curiosity. Plus, the shelf wear is pretty bad - I couldn't ask top dollar for it. Disc didn't seem loose though, which is a plus.

So. Rare? Or Not Rare? Worth playing? Or Not Worth Playing?[/QUOTE]

new on amazon at $63

Alright so at a flea market stand (where I always see the same stuff) I saw Harvest Moon for the PS1, but didn't think any of it at the time. I looked it up and apparently it's rare. It's a bit scratched (looks likeit has LOADS of light scratches, and it looks pretty ugly), could this still be worth something?

Along with a scratched Castlevania SotN I saw at there too, I know this game is semi-rare as well, but it's disc only with the top of the case off and it's pretty scratched as well. (I didn't ask about the prices on either, usually it's only best to buy a game there when you're ready to buy, or else you're turn the sellers off to selling to you).

Should I get them?

[quote name='Broseph']Bizarre Wal Mart find:

So. Rare? Or Not Rare? Worth playing? Or Not Worth Playing?[/QUOTE]

Regarding the last part, I always found the .hack games to be super interesting in terms of concept, but the execution always fell short. Even in 2002 when the first one hit PS2. Me and a friend were enthralled for like a whole day (spent 6-7 hours messing with different word combos) but it never left like it was going anywhere. I think it would be harder to deal with nowadays. I realize that the GU series is a bit newer, but I know it isn't something I could deal with anymore.

TL;DR - If you can buy it cheap and sell it on eBay, it might be worth it.

[quote name='Halo05']TL;DR - If you can buy it cheap and sell it on eBay, it might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love the idea of this franchise. I've been reading up on it a bit. Still, after clicking through a half dozen YouTube vids I'm thinking this would just join the other JRPGs in my backlog.

I'll see what they'll sell it to me for next time I'm there - but due to the considerable shelf wear - I can't really ask top dollar.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Here's a stumper: Trip World, a Japanese game for the Game Boy. I've been trying to find information on it for months, but it seems it's only rare outside of Japan. Can anybody shed some light on it's "rarity"?

Ive got a copy of Wolf Fang SS for the japanese saturn in good shape, although i found it on yes asia there werent any copies on ebay. Curious if my fellow cag r's consider this game pretty rare and in their opinion of much value. It looks like the copy at yes asia sells for around $60 or so, im in the process of auctioning a goodly chunk of games but this one kinda is hard to figure price or rarity... checked gametz they only have one copy...

[quote name='paddlefoot']Found a Gamecube Action Replay Limited Edition. eBay has some weird prices. Anybody know anything about this thing?[/QUOTE]

If it is the version with memory dongle you can sell it for a good price.

Anyone have an idea on the Genesis CDX console? It's a combo Genesis/Sega CD, about the size of a VHS rewinder. I've never seen one in person, but picked one up with AC adapter and two controllers for $12 at Goodwill this morning. According to Wikipedia, they only sold around 5K of them before they were pulled.

[quote name='62t']If it is the version with memory dongle you can sell it for a good price.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick response. It is still sealed, dongle and all. Must have got it on clearance somewhere.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone have an idea on the Genesis CDX console? It's a combo Genesis/Sega CD, about the size of a VHS rewinder. I've never seen one in person, but picked one up with AC adapter and two controllers for $12 at Goodwill this morning. According to Wikipedia, they only sold around 5K of them before they were pulled.[/QUOTE]

Yessir, cheapest used one on Amazon is currently $160. Nice pickup.

(I'll buy it from you for $12? :lol:)

bread's done
Back