The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='Edward Sechs']Holy crap, I saw it on clearance at my circuit city for $20. I wonder if its still there.......[/quote]
the one thats still at CC is Obscure: The Aftermath. that one retails for $20 and still available in stores. the one that jj pointed out was probably the older Obscure game.

Never saw or heard of this game before so I wanted to come back home before I purchased it, so I'm guessing it has to be rare in some sense. I guess rare dosn't always mean its good from the reviews. Anyone have a different opinion? (GCN) Evolutions Worlds

[quote name='ets']Never saw or heard of this game before so I wanted to come back home before I purchased it, so I'm guessing it has to be rare in some sense. I guess rare dosn't always mean its good from the reviews. Anyone have a different opinion? (GCN) Evolutions Worlds[/quote]

Unfortunately, that's not rare or valuable. Gamestop sells it for $5.99 and it's currently in stock online.

[quote name='onikage']Unfortunately, that's not rare or valuable. Gamestop sells it for $5.99 and it's currently in stock online.[/QUOTE]

It's probably uncommon at best, it's funny that it's being mentioned as I actually passed on a copy I saw at a yardsale today.

How about:
(PS1) Trap Gunner: Countdown To Oblivion

Its probably rare, because of being obscure and published by Atlus, but not worth much money...

[quote name='darkslime']How about:
(PS1) Trap Gunner: Countdown To Oblivion

Its probably rare, because of being obscure and published by Atlus, but not worth much money...[/quote]

Yes Trap Gunner is uncommon but not worth s--t. There is another one by Atlus called Eggs of Steel, that fits in the same category.

Look for games like Dual Hearts and Skygunner to fit into the same category when the PS2 games become the PS1 games.

[quote name='schuerm26']Yes Trap Gunner is uncommon but not worth s--t. There is another one by Atlus called Eggs of Steel, that fits in the same category.

Look for games like Dual Hearts and Skygunner to fit into the same category when the PS2 games become the PS1 games.[/quote] Thanks for the help.
At least I got it for free.
I got Dual Hearts for free too. lol
Is it worth playing though?

Why is Obscure going for so much on the PS2? I have it on the XBox. I just bought Obscure 2 used on PS2 for $11.99. I liked the first one and the second one seems like it'll be on par with it. I'm a sucker for survival horror games.

[quote name='Scorch']Why is Obscure going for so much on the PS2? I have it on the XBox. I just bought Obscure 2 used on PS2 for $11.99. I liked the first one and the second one seems like it'll be on par with it. I'm a sucker for survival horror games.[/QUOTE]

It seems that PS2 games generally go for more than Xbox games when it comes to rarer stuff... not sure why though. It could be because Obscure 2 is on the PS2 but not on the Xbox.

Where'd you get it for $11.99 for? GameCrazy?

[quote name='Scorch']Why is Obscure going for so much on the PS2? I have it on the XBox. I just bought Obscure 2 used on PS2 for $11.99. I liked the first one and the second one seems like it'll be on par with it. I'm a sucker for survival horror games.[/quote]
it went up when the new game came out. though the new game is ok, it kinda boasted the price for the first game. nobody really thought of this game seriously. i'd suggest selling that copy now before the price goes down.

Okay, I know this sounds ridiculous...

but is Zone of the Enders becoming rare (and valuable)? I was in a Gamestop the other day, pretty far from where I usually go, and they had a used copy up for 29.99. Was it just never price changed? It's 4.99 on gamestop.com, so I figured this is what happened, but I wanted to check with you knowledgable folks.

After all, if ZOE2 is starting to become rare, even the crappy ZOE might get something for collecting purposes... and with MGS4 complete, it's not unlikely that Hideo Kojima's next project will be ZOE3.

OK.....since I searched the site and I didn't see this one mentioned, how much is King's Bounty: A Conquerors Quest worth for Sega Genesis?

I checked Ebay and it's not going for much, but I had never even heard of this game before till I picked it up from a Salvation Army.

Oh and even though it's only listed as being $1.13 on the site, jj, the game Fade To Black IS NOT A SPORTS GAME!!

It's a sequel to a Genesis/SNES game called Flashback: The Quest For Identity, which was an action/ adventure game.

I recently found copy's of both Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man for Atari 2600 SEALED any idea on what they are worth?

[quote name='Sinnbox']I recently found copy's of both Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man for Atari 2600 SEALED any idea on what they are worth?[/quote]
Probably not too much. You can find a ton of Ms. Pac Man sealed still
[quote name='craig8429']How about the nes dragon quest? original worth anything? or Top gun in its box.[/quote]
Dragon Warrior 1 is not worth anything really. 2-4 are much harder to come by. Top Gun with box is maybe worth $10- $15 to someone that wants it.

Back in 1990, Nintendo gave away free copies of Dragon Warrior to subscribers of Nintendo Power. I found my brother's out in the garage a few months ago. So it definitely wouldn't be rare. I wish Nintendo would do something like that again.

I wondered why I keep finding copy's, It was one that i couldnt find for ever so i thought it was rare, but now it seems like I see a copy each week, at garage sales, flea Markets and pawnshops.

[quote name='Vinny']It seems that PS2 games generally go for more than Xbox games when it comes to rarer stuff... not sure why though.[/QUOTE]

PS2 is still a live platform -- Singstar and DDR make the PS2 an ideal 2nd console for many people.

Microsoft put the orig XBox out with the dishwater.

[quote name='GuardianE']Okay, I know this sounds ridiculous...

but is Zone of the Enders becoming rare (and valuable)? I was in a Gamestop the other day, pretty far from where I usually go, and they had a used copy up for 29.99. Was it just never price changed? It's 4.99 on gamestop.com, so I figured this is what happened, but I wanted to check with you knowledgable folks.

After all, if ZOE2 is starting to become rare, even the crappy ZOE might get something for collecting purposes... and with MGS4 complete, it's not unlikely that Hideo Kojima's next project will be ZOE3.[/quote]
ZOE was $4.99 at GS. kojima's possible next project would be ZOE. he did confirm that he might make another one. ZOE 2 in the other had, had a reprint last year and had kept its value for awhile at around $20-$30 afterwards.
[quote name='craig8429']How about the nes dragon quest? original worth anything? or Top gun in its box.[/quote]
DQ not so rare at all. i think DQ4 is worth more than the others on the nes. and top gun really sucked so no.
[quote name='darkslime']Chocobo's Dungeon 2 for the PSX?[/quote]
not as much. $20-$30 the most. the new DS game didn't help.

How much for sealed copies of
Advance Wars: Duel Strike for DS.
Super Mario Strikers for GC.

I got lucky and found 2 copies of each game at Kmart for $9 and $4.97 each!

I have a copy of Hotel Dusk still sealed.. it gets about retail value now ($30), hopefully it goes up in the future :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK.....since I searched the site and I didn't see this one mentioned, how much is King's Bounty: A Conquerors Quest worth for Sega Genesis?

I checked Ebay and it's not going for much, but I had never even heard of this game before till I picked it up from a Salvation Army.

Oh and even though it's only listed as being $1.13 on the site, jj, the game Fade To Black IS NOT A SPORTS GAME!!

It's a sequel to a Genesis/SNES game called Flashback: The Quest For Identity, which was an action/ adventure game.[/quote]

Thanks for the correction on Fade to Black. I have fixed that. King's Bounty was not in our database but I added it. It looks like it is fairly expensive, but I can't say for sure until I see more data. I see listings for $30-40.

[quote name='Scorch']I have a copy of Hotel Dusk still sealed.. it gets about retail value now ($30), hopefully it goes up in the future :)[/quote]

Hotel Dusk is worth about $30 your right. With games from systems that are still supported it is hard to say if they will increase or not. Nintendo could always re-print the game which would lower the price a lot. Atlus did that with Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga and the prices plummetted.

[quote name='phear3d']

not as much. $20-$30 the most. the new DS game didn't help.[/quote] Oh, that sucks.
I picked up a disc only one for $15 out of my $300+ in credit to a used store, so it was basically free.
Its a good game though, but a pain in the ass. I hate and love roguelikes at the same time. ^_^

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK.....since I searched the site and I didn't see this one mentioned, how much is King's Bounty: A Conquerors Quest worth for Sega Genesis?[/QUOTE]

I actually bought a boxed copy of King's Bounty: The Conqueror's Quest :D at the nearby Salvation Army last fall. IIRC I left it behind when I first saw it since I had little to no interest in it and figured what the hell and picked it up when it was 50% off for .50. I figured it was worth about $2-5 depending on if it's cart only or complete. I'm surprised at what people are trying to sell it for but I would gage it at being worth about $5-10 (cart only to complete) I see one completed listing that didn't sell for $5 shipped (cart only) and I see one guy got lucky and got a bite on a complete copy for $23 shipped (complete).

How about these:

Way of the Samurai
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
Armored Core: Nine Breaker

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

[/quote]

Yes it is. It's the sequel to Troy Aikman's original football game on the genesis. Fade To Black came out after his career was over. You have to keep him from being sacked to many times to avoid an all to frequent concussion, hence the name fade to black.

They also just announced Dog's Life 2. In it you have to find your way from Michael Vick's Backyard Dog Fighting compound in Atlanta to a loving country home in Kentucky.

Heh, apparently I have a rare game worth $80(loose, no case or manual) Dragonball Z Final Bout original bandai version. I bought it for $40 at a local indie store.

[quote name='Wolf_of_Mibu']How about these:

Way of the Samurai
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
Armored Core: Nine Breaker[/quote]

Way of the Samurai - $9
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon - $10
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow - $25
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - $28
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition - $17
Armored Core: Nine Breaker - $14

Way of the Samurai 2 is worth more than the original.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I actually bought a boxed copy of King's Bounty: The Conqueror's Quest :D at the nearby Salvation Army last fall. IIRC I left it behind when I first saw it since I had little to no interest in it and figured what the hell and picked it up when it was 50% off for .50. I figured it was worth about $2-5 depending on if it's cart only or complete. I'm surprised at what people are trying to sell it for but I would gage it at being worth about $5-10 (cart only to complete) I see one completed listing that didn't sell for $5 shipped (cart only) and I see one guy got lucky and got a bite on a complete copy for $23 shipped (complete).[/quote]

That's funny because it says A Conqueror's Quest on my copy. Maybe a rare typo? :D

And, you're welcome, jjgames, since I know I have and played the original on the Genesis. It was a fun 2-D cel-shaded game back in the day.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Transformers: Cybertron Edition (Xbox 360)

Rare? Price?[/quote]

Its definitely not common.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Heh, apparently I have a rare game worth $80(loose, no case or manual) Dragonball Z Final Bout original bandai version. I bought it for $40 at a local indie store.[/quote] 0_o
They have a sealed copy at Zia records for $18!

I got this:

.hack GU Vol1 Premium edition with figure (sealed and autographed)
.hack Part 1 through 4 (all sealed)
Arc the Lad collection (sealed)
Arc the lad twilight spirits
arc the lad end of darkness
Atelier Iris 2
baten kaitos 1 and 2
beyond good and evil (GC)
castle shikigami 2
castlevania aria of sorrow
chibi robo (gc)
Cima the enemy
clock tower 3
conker live and reloaded
conker bad fur day (complete)
custom robo (gc)
DDR mario mix (complete)
Dark cloud 1 and 2
DOA2: hardcore (ps2)
DBGT Final bout (rerelease)
more will be added....

[quote name='darkslime']0_o
They have a sealed copy at Zia records for $18![/quote]
the final bout with the original all Blue Cover. the one with the updated cover art is a reprint.

[quote name='trunks982']I got this:

.hack GU Vol1 Premium edition with figure (sealed and autographed) i sold a few for $100+. these days its hard to sell them for even $60. hold onto it and wait a little longer the signature wont matter as much i think..
.hack Part 1 through 4 (all sealed) probably around $200-$250 depending on the person/bidder. part 4 sealed alone is worth $100+.
Arc the Lad collection (sealed) $70-$80 theres alot of them on ebay every week. so its not so rare eventhough its a Working Designs title.
Arc the lad twilight spirits no
arc the lad end of darkness no
Atelier Iris 2 around $50, it went up when Mana Khemia was announced.
baten kaitos 1 and 2 part 1 is getting HTF, i wish i bought more when it was on clearance at target awhile back for $10. it should be around $20+ part 2 maybe less.
beyond good and evil (GC) $30-$45 there is a new game i believe so thats why it went up
castle shikigami 2 $5, maybe they're over paying for it
castlevania aria of sorrow comeplete copies for $20 the most
chibi robo (gc) you can still buy it new for $19.99
Cima the enemy maybe $1 :)
clock tower 3 $10-$15
conker live and reloaded comeplete copies for $20 the most
conker bad fur day (complete) sealed copies are worth $40-$50, so used should be $5 to $15 less than that.
custom robo (gc) $1
DDR mario mix (complete) it should be worth around $80-$90, but these days its around $50-$60. its not worth selling atm. if you do plan on selling it, i'd wait until christmas :)
Dark cloud 1 and 2 part 1 sold alot of copies (it went to GH), but its not worth more than $20. the 2nd one though, is worth around $25-$30
DOA2: hardcore (ps2) not so rare
DBGT Final bout (rerelease) $5-$10
[/quote]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's funny because it says A Conqueror's Quest on my copy. Maybe a rare typo? :D

And, you're welcome, jjgames, since I know I have and played the original on the Genesis. It was a fun 2-D cel-shaded game back in the day.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at my case which says "The". I just checked my cart and your right that says "A". Sorry about that when I was typing up that post the other day I didn't notice that the two had slightly different subtitles.

[quote name='trunks982']I got this:

.hack GU Vol1 Premium edition with figure (sealed and autographed)
.hack Part 1 through 4 (all sealed)
Arc the Lad collection (sealed)
Arc the lad twilight spirits
arc the lad end of darkness
Atelier Iris 2
baten kaitos 1 and 2
beyond good and evil (GC)
castle shikigami 2
castlevania aria of sorrow
chibi robo (gc)
Cima the enemy
clock tower 3
conker live and reloaded
conker bad fur day (complete)
custom robo (gc)
DDR mario mix (complete)
Dark cloud 1 and 2
DOA2: hardcore (ps2)
DBGT Final bout (rerelease)
more will be added....[/quote]

That is a good collection and you already got some price quotes for them. Regarding the "sell during Christmas" recommendation. Any game that is aimed at kids like Mario games, Spyro games, etc have huge price spikes in November and December. You should hold off selling any game like that until then. All games have some spike, but kids games especially.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I was looking at my case which says "The". I just checked my cart and your right that says "A". Sorry about that when I was typing up that post the other day I didn't notice that the two had slightly different subtitles.[/quote]

No need to apologize. You have a complete copy though, huh? And the discrepancy is between what it says on the cover and what it says on the cart?

That's just a weird typo, if you ask me.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']So do you guys think its rare or not? I think it is, haven't seen one yet anywhere. (Transformers: Cybertron Edition)[/quote]sears still have them maybe for around $5-$10. its not such a bad game but i think it was ignored around the time the live action movie came out. it was overshadowed with the new transformer toys like always.

Last night I was going through all my old games, preparing to make a trade-list, and I came across a PS1 game call Tail of the Sun. It has the back insert and disc only, no instructions. Anyone ever hear of it?

[quote name='sbarbermisier']Last night I was going through all my old games, preparing to make a trade-list, and I came across a PS1 game call Tail of the Sun. It has the back insert and disc only, no instructions. Anyone ever hear of it?[/QUOTE]

Tail of the Sun is a bit rare, but not that valuable. I saw a factory sealed one sell on eBay for less than $15 shipped last year. I've seen used complete copies go for $5 to $10 shipped. They can go for more though, depending on who's looking to buy at the time. Since it is hard to find, some people would be willing to pay a higher price rather than wait for an auction with a low starting bid on eBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No need to apologize. You have a complete copy though, huh?.[/QUOTE]

My copy is missing the manual, seems to be my luck with Genesis games especially when I see a game I like that is uncommon in the wild I open up the case and it's missing the manual :( DJ Boy and Rolling Thunder 3 being two that I found boxed other the last year that I'd like to have a complete copy of.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And the discrepancy is between what it says on the cover and what it says on the cart?[/QUOTE]

Yep and I though it was rather odd also :D

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']So do you guys think its rare or not? I think it is, haven't seen one yet anywhere. (Transformers: Cybertron Edition)[/quote]

It is definitely hard to come by. None on ebay, amazon, or half right now. Two sold on ebay in the past two weeks, one for $38 the other for $16. I have added it to our database so we should get a more accurate price for it after a while.

bread's done
Back