The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='Rathiain']Hey You Pikachu? I just bought a copy for sentimental purposes with everything but the box for 22 and I think I might have overpayed.[/quote]
i remember buying that game from target, they had a ton of them for $14.99 each. thinking my daughter would play it when shes 2 or something. but i couldnt stand it so it sat in my closet since. it'll net you $20 for a complete copy on ebay.

That game is such a piece of crap.
I traded Sonic Heroes and Dark Alliance to some kid in my school for a Pikachu N64 and it though, and picked up one for $3 at the thrift.

[quote name='yukafls']How about Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney[/quote]

It was rare until it got a reprint... too big of a reprint actually, they overflooded the market.

How rare is a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1? Black Label, not GH. Is it near the same value as Earthbound complete or cart only?

[quote name='SadClown92']How rare is a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1? Black Label, not GH. Is it near the same value as Earthbound complete or cart only?[/quote]

No they are not about the same. Earthbound complete can sell for $200+ (auction: 250262696113) and Metal Gear Black Label sells for about $80-90 (auction: 260254922152).

[quote name='dizz.lee']digimon world ds?

i hear this is sorta hard to find.[/quote]

Sealed copies were going for around $50 a couple months ago. It looks like the price has come down some since then. Maybe the higher price had something to do with the release of the other Digimon DS games.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence still sealed with a still sealed copy of Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1?
I've also got my copy of Persona 3 with the art book and soundtrack. Is that worth anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I've also got my copy of Persona 3 with the art book and soundtrack. Is that worth anything?[/quote]
If it's still sealed, you could probably get at around $70 on eBay. Used, maybe half that. But it will only go up from there; any future reprints of Persona 3 will be the FES version with no extras.

[quote name='SadClown92']How rare is a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1? Black Label, not GH. [/quote]
it went up a few months before MGS4. but it isn't uncommon/rare, just sought after. 4 or 5 months ago you could buy a black label sealed copy for less than $40 or $50.

[quote name='yukafls']Non video game related, but how rare are the GTA Kubricks???[/quote]
its VG related item, it counts :)

but they are common though. i saw them at toy tokyo here in nyc.

this one though, i guess is more rare or maybe just sought after because of MGS4

Set of 6 MGS Kubricks for $175

DSC08671copy.jpg

[quote name='jjgames']Anyone know what the Earthbound Strategy guide is worth? I found one that I might buy but wasn't sure if it is a good deal. It's the official strategy guide.
Here is a picture of the guide.
9ed9_1.JPG
[/quote]

earthbound is one of the expensive games for snes

goes around 66-180 dollars if its complete box everything

[quote name='phear3d']its VG related item, it counts :)

but they are common though. i saw them at toy tokyo here in nyc.

this one though, i guess is more rare or maybe just sought after because of MGS4

Set of 6 MGS Kubricks for $175

DSC08671copy.jpg
[/quote]

NICE, I was trying to track down the GTA ones at a cheap price. I have the Kubrick of Snake in his Cold War uniform. I think you could only get it at comic con a while back.

[quote name='yukafls']NICE, I was trying to track down the GTA ones at a cheap price. I have the Kubrick of Snake in his Cold War uniform. I think you could only get it at comic con a while back.[/quote]
yeah they're still more of an import toy. they do have other kubrick figures every now and then that makes it way to FYE and stores alike. they are a bit much for a minifig so i always try to avoid them (i remember there was a street fighter kubrick at FYE but was being sold for $6 each). i did see these mgs minifigs at conventions before but just never paid attention before.

[quote name='phear3d']i remember buying that game from target, they had a ton of them for $14.99 each. thinking my daughter would play it when shes 2 or something. but i couldnt stand it so it sat in my closet since. it'll net you $20 for a complete copy on ebay.[/quote]

I remember buying my Hey You Pikachu! when it came out for $79.99. :(

Anyways, what about Digimon Rumble Arena 2? I know what the prices are going for (really high for a Digimon game), but is it really THAT rare? I'm in an area with no used game stores (well, just an FYE and a small local chain) and after seeing the crazy prices on eBay, I went ahead and bought the GC version for $14 at FYE (stupidly passed up on a $14 PS2 copy there a while back), but we just got a GameStop (just opened yesterday) and I noticed they had it for the PS2. I mean, I don't see the game that often, but is it really that hard to find?

[quote name='drtomoe123']I remember buying my Hey You Pikachu! when it came out for $79.99. :(

Anyways, what about Digimon Rumble Arena 2? I know what the prices are going for (really high for a Digimon game), but is it really THAT rare? I'm in an area with no used game stores (well, just an FYE and a small local chain) and after seeing the crazy prices on eBay, I went ahead and bought the GC version for $14 at FYE (stupidly passed up on a $14 PS2 copy there a while back), but we just got a GameStop (just opened yesterday) and I noticed they had it for the PS2. I mean, I don't see the game that often, but is it really that hard to find?[/quote]

I think it is hard to find, but it truly doesn't go for that much online. I rarely see it in stores but it's value isn't worth a whole lot online.

Anyways. I lucked out and found 2 NCAA 2k3 Basketballs for the Cube during that 30% off coupon at Gamestop. I see zilch on ebay nor do I see any completed listings.

I looked at that one Avg. price site and it was somewhere around $70. Is that a good price to list it at as a buy it now?

This is my first post here, but I have been wondering about the rarity of a few games that I currently have. All games are complete, but opened unless otherwise noted.

-Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Sega Saturn. I got this complete a while ago for a great price (under 10 bucks).

-Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 - Black Label)

-Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)

-Wetrix (N64) (Game only)

[quote name='schuerm26']Anyways. I lucked out and found 2 NCAA 2k3 Basketballs for the Cube during that 30% off coupon at Gamestop. I see zilch on ebay nor do I see any completed listings.

I looked at that one Avg. price site and it was somewhere around $70. Is that a good price to list it at as a buy it now?[/quote]

Good find! If the games you have are complete I would set the BIN price higher than the $70. The price on VGPC is the average price so there is a good chance it can sell higher than that especially if you have the Box and Instructions. You don't want to set the BIN price at the average selling price you want it to be a bit higher. If the package is complete I would do quite a bit higher too.

I think they clearanced out Karaoke Revolution at BB, but that may have been game only. I think it was 0.00 on the site, just had to pay for shipping.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Let's try Karaoke Revolution w/ mic sealed and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb sealed. Both for X-Box.[/quote]the indiana jones game im not so sure.. they did have a history of mediocre to just plain awful games. but for karaoke rev for xbx its still available at some stores for $30. the ps2 version was rarer before.

[quote name='HakoneNanamagari']I just found two sealed copies of MGS3 Subsistence [NOT the LE, just the normal one] for $31 apiece at a local store. About how much could I sell these for?[/quote]

~ $55 - $70 (avg ~$60)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What about Firefighter F.D. 18 for PS2? It's complete and near mint(a few surface scratches on it).[/QUOTE]

It's been hovering around $30 for the longest time..

Oh ok. I know I saw a couple on Ebay going for $41 or so. Either way, I paid less than half of what Gamestop wants for it, so I'm happy. It looks like a bit of an updated version of Roscoe McQueen from PS1, but more serious and less cartoony.

[quote name='dizz.lee']picked up a sealed copy of xenogears for 30 bucks. good deal?[/quote]Yes! VideoGamePriceCharts lists the going price of a new copy at $85. It's also a pretty cool game, if you're planning to play it.

[quote name='dizz.lee']
picked up a sealed copy of xenogears for 30 bucks. good deal?[/quote]yup.. you can probably sell it for $100-$120.. nice find.

[quote name='phear3d']yup.. you can probably sell it for $100-$120.. nice find.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's the GH version... of which, a sealed copy sold for $40 on eBay.

:ps2: Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time

It's part of the B1G1 sale at Blockbuster. $14.99, or $7.50 if you figure 2-for-1.

Family Dog for SNES. I can't find it on Ebay & Digitpress has it as an R5, so how much is it worth? It's cart only & has no back label, but the front label is fine.

[quote name='Vinny']Unless it's the GH version... of which, a sealed copy sold for $40 on eBay.[/quote]

not the greatest hits version. ^_^ i never come up on games like this, i'm actually kinda happy haha.

[quote name='dizz.lee']not the greatest hits version. ^_^ i never come up on games like this, i'm actually kinda happy haha.[/QUOTE]

Congrats then! Nice score!:applause:

bread's done
Back