The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='Doomstink']Everquest Online Adventures (if it isn't "Frontiers") is one of those "don't touch it with a ten foot pole for flipping" games. Even at a penny you might get stuck with it.[/quote]

If anything, I was going to just try and sell it to my one buddies' brother-in-law, since he's into WOW and his family has a PStwo(slim), so maybe they could play it online.

After checking the prices on Ebay, I figure I'd make a bit over what I paid, but it'd be better to just try and sell it offline to him.

[quote name='Vinny']Very rare, though no manual means it loses a bit of value. I think could still get at least $50 for it though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, let me throw another at you.

Tales of Symphonia

Is it rare?!?!?!?!?! (Yes, I do have to ask in such a dramatic way.)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Thanks, let me throw another at you.

Tales of Symphonia

Is it rare?!?!?!?!?! (Yes, I do have to ask in such a dramatic way.)[/quote]

No. $25 - $30 it looks like on Ebay. Good resale value but by no means rare.

[quote name='schuerm26']No. $25 - $30 it looks like on Ebay. Good resale value but by no means rare.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering because I heard Tales of Vesperia went out of print so I wasn't sure if it happened to Symphonia.

While I'm at it, think ToV will become rare? Worth not trading to see it go up in value?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Was wondering because I heard Tales of Vesperia went out of print so I wasn't sure if it happened to Symphonia.

While I'm at it, think ToV will become rare? Worth not trading to see it go up in value?[/quote]

Symphonia was a Player's Choice title if Im not mistaken.

I could see Tales of Vesperia becoming rareish. Yeah, I wouldn't trade it in. Im assuming the trade in value is only around $20 or so. In all honesty I don't really ever see it going much below that on ebay or amazon. It might not become rare but it will probably be one of those titles you will always get at least $20 or so for at the very minimum.

Yeah, Vesperia has held its value and it seems impossible to find in B&M stores unless you go to gamecrazy. I hope they do another reprint and maybe drop the MSRP.

I want to get a sealed backup copy.

[quote name='schuerm26']Symphonia was a Player's Choice title if Im not mistaken.

I could see Tales of Vesperia becoming rareish. Yeah, I wouldn't trade it in. Im assuming the trade in value is only around $20 or so. In all honesty I don't really ever see it going much below that on ebay or amazon. It might not become rare but it will probably be one of those titles you will always get at least $20 or so for at the very minimum.[/QUOTE]

By trade I refer to the CAG forums of course, not... Gamestop :whistle2:#

[quote name='Persona7']Yeah, Vesperia has held its value and it seems impossible to find in B&M stores unless you go to gamecrazy. I hope they do another reprint and maybe drop the MSRP.

I want to get a sealed backup copy.[/QUOTE]

I hope not, the value of mine would tank!

does anyone think mario hoops 3-on-3 :ds: will be rare? i think it is oop. it's not fetching a huge amount right now, but who knows. i barely see it around anymore.

[quote name='hopeunknown']does anyone think mario hoops 3-on-3 :ds: will be rare? i think it is oop. it's not fetching a huge amount right now, but who knows. i barely see it around anymore.[/QUOTE]

It's possible... but not probable. Most Nintendo published DS games hold their value well but most Mario Sports titles don't so it could go either way. I'd guess no since the game sucks and all.

[quote name='Vinny']It's possible... but not probable. Most Nintendo published DS games hold their value well but most Mario Sports titles don't so it could go either way. I'd guess no since the game sucks and all.[/QUOTE]

Mario Power Tennis always hold decent value, but 3 on 3 isnt that good of a game.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Was wondering because I heard Tales of Vesperia went out of print so I wasn't sure if it happened to Symphonia.

While I'm at it, think ToV will become rare? Worth not trading to see it go up in value?[/quote]

wat

I know the LE went OOP a while ago, but did the regular version go OOP too?

Well a lot of games go out of print shortly after release. Most of the time there is no need to order more copies.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']By trade I refer to the CAG forums of course, not... Gamestop :whistle2:#

I hope not, the value of mine would tank![/QUOTE]Used copies of Vesperia are going for $50~ish on amazon...

:D

Originally Posted by nemesis98
Madden 2005. Is it RARE?

[quote name='georox']Extremely. 500+ on teh zBay.[/quote]

LOL, zBay = Bizarro eBay.

Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun sealed copies go for a penny on zBay. Scratched to hell, disc only old crappy sports games go for thousands on TEH ZBAYZ

[quote name='Scorch']yeah, we have a ton of ToV at my store.. I didn't think it was hard to find at all[/quote]

Yeah, really. I see it every time I walk into any of the local Gamestops.
A new copy might be on the rare side, but I see used ones everywhere.

[quote name='CloverField06']Not exactly a game, but I picked up a mint Suikoden V Artbook/CD soundtrack preorder bonus at HPB for 5 bucks. Is this thing rare?[/quote]

Fairly rare, I think. Definetly worth a lot more than 5 bucks.

vesperia's oop for now, but i think they'll reprint it. theres still a ton of copies floating around you just need to look further. namco does a great job with keeping the high ranked games inprint. its actually a good game and it helped bring back the prices of the old tales games (from GC to PS2, except for tales of phantasia for the gba).

as far as mario hoops for the ds, its been oop since 2007. i dont think it'll go up in value anytime soon since its not that great of a game. maybe in about 2 years when they decide to bring it back. somehow i think some of these older ds titles will be re-released on the dsi marketplace. i could be wrong but there is a big possibility.

I think I've asked about this one before, but here goes:

Hooligans: Storm Over Europe(PC)

I bought it back before EB got sucked into the abyss known as the EB/GS 'merger' for about $3-5.

The basic premise of the game is you take your band of hooligans to the bar and get them drunk, then proceed to try and cause trouble/riots.

It's a fun family game. :razz:

[quote name='lakers310']Is Pokemon Colosseum rare?[/quote]
No, "Pokemon Box" is the only rare pokemon game on gamecube.

Don't know where else to brag about this, so will do so here since it kinda relates:

sold my "Team Buddies" today - got $150!

By the way, Hogs of War PS1 is fairly rare, right?

[quote name='pfp']Don't know where else to brag about this, so will do so here since it kinda relates:

By the way, Hogs of War PS1 is fairly rare, right?[/quote]HOW is fairly rare..

did you sell team buddies as disc only or complete copy? i have a disc only copy.:cry:

Sorry guy, complete.

And I was sitting on it since mid-November waiting for a buyer, so it's not a "post it and be $150 richer" - I played the waiting game for QUITE A WHILE on that one.

[quote name='pfp']Don't know where else to brag about this, so will do so here since it kinda relates:

By the way, Hogs of War PS1 is fairly rare, right?[/quote]

I actually came incredibly close to scoring a copy of Team Buddies on Goozex last month for 200 points (equivalent to $10.00 for most people, $2.00 for me), but I didn't have a trade slot open. :cry:. I got an email from Goozex for "Trades You Missed Out On" and Team Buddies was first on the list. Damn.

What's the deal with the Club Nintendo Game & Watch collection? I was looking to sell mine, and when I looked on ebay they all go for @ $30, but they're all the Japanese versions(which from what I understand, you can actually buy the JP version instead of only earning it through points like over here). I noticed someone listed a US version with a starting bid of $40, but I forgot to check on it. Is there any real value for this? It sure was a pain to earn it, so I figured you might get a good amount for it but I could be very wrong.

[quote name='eastshore4']What's the deal with the Club Nintendo Game & Watch collection? I was looking to sell mine, and when I looked on ebay they all go for @ $30, but they're all the Japanese versions(which from what I understand, you can actually buy the JP version instead of only earning it through points like over here). I noticed someone listed a US version with a starting bid of $40, but I forgot to check on it. Is there any real value for this? It sure was a pain to earn it, so I figured you might get a good amount for it but I could be very wrong.[/quote]when they launched CN in the u.s. someone had actually gotten that set right away and sold it for $80 on ebay. now that everyone should have enough points to get it, it'll probably only sell for $50 or so. i could be wrong though but there are tons of the japanese versions floating around which could be bringing the price of the u.s. version down.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the values/rarity of the following:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Sega Dreamcast
Starfox Super Weekend Competition Cartridge for SNES

I'm sure the MVC has come up in this thread before, but just in case. Thanks.

Looks like Starfox Super Weekend competition is sold for $300, but it doesn't look like anyone's buying it.

MVC2 for dreamcast, is $50.00+/- $10

I assume cartridges are "cartridge only" yet discs are "complete in packaging"

yeah sorry about that didn't specify. MVC is complete in excellent condition, no scratches on disc with instruction book. Starfox only came with the cartridge.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='xverion']Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the values/rarity of the following:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Sega Dreamcast
Starfox Super Weekend Competition Cartridge for SNES

I'm sure the MVC has come up in this thread before, but just in case. Thanks.[/quote]

I sold a disc and back artwork only M vs. C 2 for the DC for $45 or so last week. It was either 45 or 54. I think 45 though. Could have put it higher as it only was up for 4 days or so and was bought.

Found a European GBC game at GS today...DENKI BLOCKS...only thing i can find is that its $39.99 on VGPC. Was wondering if it was a good find. Also picked up HANDS OF TIME (GBC). I also found a French Links awakening DX at GS a few weeks ago (has a black label). Whats up with these games from other countries.?

I purchased Jazz Jackrabbit for GBA new and sealed for 7.50 at FYE. I can't find anything on Ebay but a current listing for 69.99 BIN-- still there. No completed listing data for me to see. I assume it's a good pickup though-- opinions?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I purchased Jazz Jackrabbit for GBA new and sealed for 7.50 at FYE. I can't find anything on Ebay but a current listing for 69.99 BIN-- still there. No completed listing data for me to see. I assume it's a good pickup though-- opinions?[/QUOTE]

According to VGPC $9.62 used and $16.89 new. Not sure about the rarity.

[quote name='lude21']According to VGPC $9.62 used and $16.89 new. Not sure about the rarity.[/quote]

Just saw this thread. Whats VGPC?

EDIT: Found it on a later post nevermind.

I've got a pretty good collection of rare games going.

I've got the
black label:
Final Fantasy 7,8,9
Persona 1 & 2
and some others but i cant remember

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']According to VGPC $9.62 used and $16.89 new. Not sure about the rarity.[/QUOTE]

I believe that game had a very low print run, but it's apparently not in high demand. Kind of like NHL 2002 for GBA.

Hm... interesting... it makes sense, I've never seen the damn thing.

But Jazz Jackrabbit always seemed like a cool game (never played it) so I don't mind getting a classic platformer, even if it's only worth 15ish. Thanks!

I found my Suikoden IV wall scroll, still sealed, kicking around the other day. Makes me wonder if I have any of the other promo items (coin, book, etc.). Any reason for me to dig around and see if they appear? I can't find any completed auctions except for one wall scroll that isn't the one I have.

[quote name='Mako1215']I've got a pretty good collection of rare games going.

I've got the
black label:
Final Fantasy 7,8,9
Persona 1 & 2
and some others but i cant remember[/QUOTE]

There's a difference b/t "rare" and "valuable".

Not that you shouldn't think highly of your collection of valuable games. But there's a difference in rarity of Persona (if I want a copy, there's only 3 on eBay right now) and FF7 black (of which there are over 25 on eBay, and that's only the ones with the word "black" in the title.

Two games in question

Resident Evil 4: Collectors Tin (Game Cube)
Aliens Vs Predator (Jaguar)

Are either of these games rare at all? I know RE4 isn't rare, but I believe the Collectors Tin was. I didn't really know\if they were rare...

Alright, I know this game is rare, but right now I'm looking for a price on it:
Tomba (disc only, heavily scratched, works fine)
I bought it at a flea market a couple years back for $1. I know it's worth a fair amount, I just don't know what it's worth in that condition.

Tomba seems to be about $70 complete/min - I'd think $40-50 for people who DON'T CARE ABOUT CONDITION/RARITY and just want to play the damned game.

[quote name='dhrez']I found my Suikoden IV wall scroll, still sealed, kicking around the other day. Makes me wonder if I have any of the other promo items (coin, book, etc.). Any reason for me to dig around and see if they appear? I can't find any completed auctions except for one wall scroll that isn't the one I have.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see someone with a valid question who actually bothered to do some research first... and not see something like "how much is so and so worth!?" for once.

Anyway, the Suikoden IV promos that were given out via a Konami site were pretty rare at one point. I remember seeing the scroll sell for $10-15, the coin sell for ~$30 and the soundtrack for about $10-20. This was a while ago (like the year following the promotion) and the last time I saw these was in an auction with all 3 items that sold for $40 (summer of last year).

I'd think they'd be worth a decent amount of money if you sell them at the right time... like the release of the next big Suikoden game.

[quote name='Mako1215']Just saw this thread. Whats VGPC?
[/quote]videogamepricecharts.com

[quote name='dhrez']I found my Suikoden IV wall scroll, still sealed, kicking around the other day. Makes me wonder if I have any of the other promo items (coin, book, etc.). Any reason for me to dig around and see if they appear? I can't find any completed auctions except for one wall scroll that isn't the one I have.[/quote]they go for quite alot when you bundle them with the other freebies it came out with (the coin, and the ost).

[quote name='Anthony.Miller9']Two games in question

Resident Evil 4: Collectors Tin (Game Cube)
[/quote]they sell for $10-$20 more than they did last year, so about $30-$35. i wouldn't sell it for that much. i have a used copy also and i'll probably hold onto it longer.

[quote name='Vinny']It's nice to see someone with a valid question who actually bothered to do some research first... and not see something like "how much is so and so worth!?" for once.

Anyway, the Suikoden IV promos that were given out via a Konami site were pretty rare at one point. I remember seeing the scroll sell for $10-15, the coin sell for ~$30 and the soundtrack for about $10-20. This was a while ago (like the year following the promotion) and the last time I saw these was in an auction with all 3 items that sold for $40 (summer of last year).

I'd think they'd be worth a decent amount of money if you sell them at the right time... like the release of the next big Suikoden game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll have to take a look in my box of promo crap I have. I think I saw the coin mixed in with Finny with Fish plushy, Everquest II hat, Pokemon tins, and other odds and ends.

And as far as holding out, that's what I was doing with all my sealed GC Resident Evils, waiting for 5. Too bad it looks like I'm still going to lose $20 or so on the RE4 Gamestop edition.

[quote name='ncentity']Rare: PS1 Discworld[/quote]

DiscWorld isn't extremely rare but it does sell for about $30. There is a longbox version of DiscWorld too, which is more rare.

DiscWorld II is an interesting one. It was selling for about $50 last summer and has steadily dropped almost every month since then and only sells for $30-35 now. Any guesses on why it has dropped in price so steadily?

bread's done
Back