The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

I just checked and there's a BIN for 149.99. I don't think it's Cashback eligible since you can also bid on it, but I can't remember the rule on that. I'm hoping Spiderman isn't a 150 dollar title. I could have honestly been better off saving money if that was the case.

I got Spiderman (cart only in mint condition) for 32X that also included 7 other 32X games for $25 on ebay a couple months back. The Spiderman game was the only reason I bought that lot.

if youre looking to have it on your collection, its pretty expensive for $125. i mean you could probably get it for that price on ebay anyways but not as BIN. if you must have it in your collection i guess its not such a bad price.

its too expensive to collect but at least you dont have to worry about it being fucking reprinted like all the atlus games :)

I have several games that I have that I'm wondering is rare or not... Please reply. :/

SNES:
Pac-Man2: The New Adventures
Mega Man X
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Sea Quest: DSV (I think this is the correct title)
Young Merlin
Mega Man X3
Super Smash T.V. (Really fun game)
Super NES Super Scope 6
Mega Man X2
Super Mario World
(All SNES games are cart only)

PS1:
Tekken 1-3 (I'm just wondering if it has any value together.) ;)

Thanks to anyone who replies about this. :D

Lol. What about everything else? Are they too boring for you? :p
But I knew X was fairly common but didn't know about the other ones since I did not see them in the trading section...

[quote name='sang321']Lol. What about everything else? Are they too boring for you? :p
But I knew X was fairly common but didn't know about the other ones since I did not see them in the trading section...[/QUOTE]all are pretty common titles

[quote name='sang321']The whole list or the Mega Man series?[/QUOTE]the whole list.

seriously, just check ebay completed listings if you want to know the prices for them...

[quote name='phear3d']if youre looking to have it on your collection, its pretty expensive for $125. i mean you could probably get it for that price on ebay anyways but not as BIN. if you must have it in your collection i guess its not such a bad price.

its too expensive to collect but at least you dont have to worry about it being fucking reprinted like all the atlus games :)[/QUOTE]

Are you talking to me? I got mine with 7 other carts for $25. Friend of Sonic got his for $140 shipped (his complete, mine not)

Lol. Just asking.

How about for PC?

Metal Slug 1 (Actual disc, NOT bootleg)
Virtual Cop 1

Probably cheap as crap but as usual, just wondering... :3

[quote name='addicted2games']Are you talking to me? I got mine with 7 other carts for $25. Friend of Sonic got his for $140 shipped (his complete, mine not)[/QUOTE]
no friends of sonic :)

[quote name='sang321']The whole list or the Mega Man series?[/QUOTE]

You should sell Mega Man X2 and 3 to me for $5.00 shipped. They're both common. ;)

Alright, I feel retarded even asking in here since its a current gen, but is it hard to find Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE for ps3? cant seem to find ANY info as far as value aside from the regular version. saw 2 on ebay now, a BIN for $65 and an auction starting at $10 reserve not met. is it actually a real "collector's" edition? lol or is it like every other game in the last 2 yrs with a CE version?

By the way, bonus DVD is still sealed and the slipcover is in good condition, no tears

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is rare but not really valuable anymore. Complete copies still get like $40 but sealed ones can go anywhere form $40 to $70 but sometimes go for more.

[quote name='Shady3011']Sigma CE is rare since it only had one print and that was it. Not sure about actual value, but it's not the same as the regular version.[/QUOTE]

The NG Sigma CE was also a Gamestop exclusive, correct? From what I remember, the only thing separating it from the regular version was the outer box and the bonus DVD.

The problem I've found with CE's is that they're sometimes valuable but can be a bitch to sell because most people aren't interested in them.

Yeah, I may have boffed Spider-Man 32X. But it's in very nice shape, and I (think) have seen complete copies go for more. But one cannot argue with a deal of 7 32X games, one Spiderman, for 25 dollars.

But I really want a complete 32X collection, so....

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I may have boffed Spider-Man 32X. But it's in very nice shape, and I (think) have seen complete copies go for more. But one cannot argue with a deal of 7 32X games, one Spiderman, for 25 dollars.

But I really want a complete 32X collection, so....[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't sweat it. the heart wants what it wants. you may have paid what many would consider to be a high price, but it's one less game you'll ever have to worry about purchasing in complete condition, anyway.

i have a bare cart SM:WoF (i won't say what i paid for it -- you can search the old yard sale threads if you wanna get mad) that was definitely a cool find, but considering that almost all of my remaining 32X collection is "complete in box", it sticks out like a sore thumb. why is it that every copy of Doom or Star Wars i run into is crispy and almost new, but the good stuff is always just a loose cart?

[quote name='Josef']The NG Sigma CE was also a Gamestop exclusive, correct? From what I remember, the only thing separating it from the regular version was the outer box and the bonus DVD.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Not much of a CE but the low print is what makes a sealed copy sought after.

[quote name='Fayt13']Just for kicks sake, how about a sealed copy of Devil Summoner? :)[/QUOTE]

Sealed copies seem to be going for $60+ on eBay. Considering this could be had for $20 new a year ago, that's quite a jump thanks in no small part to Devil Summoner 2.

Charts! http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/game/playstation-2/shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I may have boffed Spider-Man 32X. But it's in very nice shape, and I (think) have seen complete copies go for more. But one cannot argue with a deal of 7 32X games, one Spiderman, for 25 dollars.

But I really want a complete 32X collection, so....[/QUOTE]

I bought Virtua Racing for retail when it first came out on the Genesis, 100 smackers for those who don't remember. That's got to make you feel at least a little less guilty about your purchase :D

[quote name='FOnewearl']I bought Virtua Racing for retail when it first came out on the Genesis, 100 smackers for those who don't remember. That's got to make you feel at least a little less guilty about your purchase :D[/QUOTE]

$100! I passed it up today for $4!

Not to rub salt in the wound :lol:

at least they (virtua racing) held their value for awhile. i bought guitar hero 3 bundle nearly 2 years ago now for the 360 for a whopping $100.. not so bad? the guitar broke in 2 months but luckily my brother in law had the ps3 version so i switched necks everytime i played it. 2 years later i bought the game at sears for $2.97 (though not the bundle).

[quote name='FOnewearl']I bought Virtua Racing for retail when it first came out on the Genesis, 100 smackers for those who don't remember. That's got to make you feel at least a little less guilty about your purchase :D[/QUOTE]
Yes! A 100 bucks! That was a phat ass cart though, literally. It could sit on a 5200 cart and kill it I think.

I don't feel too bad... because everyone Ebay listing for Spider-Man sez there was only 1500 copies made and that's gotta be true right?! I've always wondered if that is right or not.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']$100! I passed it up today for $4!

Not to rub salt in the wound :lol:[/QUOTE]

THat's alright :lol: I don't blame you especially if it was cart only, I don't remember what happened to my original copy of Virtua Racing but I did replace it with a complete copy about 3-4 years ago at the more expensive flea market near me for $2-3

It wouldn't matter much if I bought it or not. I have a Genesis 3 :lol:

There is a place selling a Genesis 2/Sega CD/32x setup with Doom for 32x for about $40. I'm thinking I'll get this because I've wanted all of those add-ons for some time now, and getting them all in one fell swoop would be convenient. I don't mid paying $40, because the guys that run the place are genuinely nice and sell stuff for low prices. Maybe not CAG low, but not stupid expensive like other places in the flea market.

why is it that every copy of Doom or Star Wars i run into is crispy and almost new, but the good stuff is always just a loose cart?
I've only come across about 4 or 5 32X games in the wild, and 2 of them were CIB Dooms. I think you actually have a harder time running into a cart-only copy than a complete one with that game. I don't know where he got them from, but this guy that runs a local small-time game shop around here has a whole stack of factory sealed Corpse Killer games for 32X/CD... nothing amazing for sure but it kinda makles me smile when I see them there.

Anyways I got 3 rarity/value questions I was looking for some advice on:

-Persona 4 DJ guide... think that'll be worth anything in the future? I hear the P3 one's got some worth, but I don't use mine so I dunno if I should sell it now or hold onto it.

-What would you value a complete-in-box Time Crisis 2 game w/ guncon at? I'm selling mine and I see alot of Guncon/TC combo variations but not my specific one. On a side note, does the GC1 work on PS2s?

-Most definitely not rare, but I'm moreso curious as to where it came from... I have a Ratchet and Clank Size Matters demo UMD with a little cardboard case. I tried googling it but I just get a lot of results for downloading the demo.

I have a question. I know the Tomba games are kind of rare, but what about a Tomba 2 demo disc? Found it at a garage sale about 2 years ago, and I haven't heard anything about them.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I have a question. I know the Tomba games are kind of rare, but what about a Tomba 2 demo disc? Found it at a garage sale about 2 years ago, and I haven't heard anything about them.[/QUOTE]

Nearly all demo discs are rare, in a sense, since they only get a limited release. But they're not valuable, a recent auction ended with both Tomba and Tomba 2 demos together for ~$15.

[quote name='Vinny']Nearly all demo discs are rare, in a sense, since they only get a limited release. But they're not valuable, a recent auction ended with both Tomba and Tomba 2 demos together for ~$15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that too. I don't really care if it's valuable or not, I just wanted to know the rarity.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Yeah, I saw that too. I don't really care if it's valuable or not, I just wanted to know the rarity.[/QUOTE]

Demo discs are not really tracked in any sense... Plus I'd imagine many are discarded/damaged compared to traditional releases.

[quote name='Rozz']Demo discs are not really tracked in any sense... [/QUOTE]
right. i dont think anyone really collects demo disc except for maybe that guy from gametz who'd pay $50 (ask darkslime who it was). someone just listed a sealed FFVII demo for the ps1 for $50 on ebay i think.

[quote name='phear3d']right. i dont think anyone really collects demo disc except for maybe that guy from gametz who'd pay $50 (ask darkslime who it was). someone just listed a sealed FFVII demo for the ps1 for $50 on ebay i think.[/QUOTE]

I managed to sell a Legend of Legaia demo for $8.00 shipped. Not really that much, but I'd imagine for a much more rare game like Tomba 2, the demo would be worth more.

[quote name='wwe101']i have the japan pokemon green, never released in the states. is that rare? its for game boy[/QUOTE]

no, it was a million seller. Worth about $10-15

[quote name='wwe101']i have the japan pokemon green, never released in the states. is that rare? its for game boy[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.
I have Pokemon Pikachu (USA), Pokemon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow (Japanese and all in one cartridge which was a multi-cart package with like 100+ games on it) and don't doubt that they are common. :drool:

[quote name='62t']no, it was a million seller. Worth about $10-15[/QUOTE]

You might get more if you sell it to a pokemaniac, but this is about right.

I bought it full price when I was way into pokemon, and I've regretted it every time I see it. :bomb:

The only Pokemon game that goes for more now is Pokemon Box which isn't even a game.

As for Golden Sun 2 (I think you mean The Lost Ages), it's not rare. At least, right now it isn't. It might come in demand when the DS sequel gets near release.

What do you think I could do with my sealed copy of "Panic!" for Sega CD... I noticed complete copies go for about $20 so what would you figure the over/under is on a crispy new one?

[quote name='Shady3011']Pokemon Box [/QUOTE]

I had to look that up to even see what it was. Who would pay $90-$100 for a glorified storage box? Some people.

:D

No one wanted to buy it to begin with, that's why it is so much. Why do some of the crappiest games become worth the most? Because they are terrible. :D

bread's done
Back