The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Just curious but is Tsugunai Atonment worth anything?! Just picked it up for $5 since it was an Atlus game.[/QUOTE]

It goes for about $10 shipped frequently but can fetch as much as about $20 shipped. Iv been trying to get my hands on that game for sub $10 for a bit...wife got sick and I sold it from my collection and have had bad luck getting it back since.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Just curious but is Tsugunai Atonment worth anything?! Just picked it up for $5 since it was an Atlus game.[/QUOTE]

That game is rare but only fetches around $10-$15. Dual Hearts is another rare PS2 title from Atlus but it has little demand as well. The games weren't well received so even despite low print runs aren't sought after.

[quote name='Rozz']That game is rare but only fetches around $10-$15. Dual Hearts is another rare PS2 title from Atlus but it has little demand as well. The games weren't well received so even despite low print runs aren't sought after.[/QUOTE]

/nod I guess I should have added that the game is indeed rare and not just the price ;) honestly iv just been so focused on getting a copy of it for around $10 for so long iv lost site of anything else ;)

Anyone heard anything about the print run for Infinite Space, Nervous Brickdown, Magnetica or Retro Game Challange? I have been wondering about these 4 for some time.

In case anyone else has this, I just sold mine for $350, so be persistent!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Hey, not getting too much luck in my trading thread, but what about a Like New original Guild Wars Collector's Edition. Amazon has some ludicrous prices for it, but not sure how accurate they are.

Completely forgot I had this, was able to log back into the account and everything.

0401002126.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']In case anyone else has this, I just sold mine for $350, so be persistent![/QUOTE]

Damn...I passed on that for like $30-$50 once too...

[quote name='CheepGamez']Does anyone know how to tell if you have the rare version of Kakuto Chojin before it was recalled and rereleased?[/QUOTE]

They're all the same copies. The re-release rumor is false. The game was pulled from shelves in 2003 and never edited.

Is a full set of Official Dreamcast Magazine (1 through 12) without the demo discs worth anything? I see single issues listed on ebay with the demo disc for $9.99, but I also see that the first issue is supposed to be "rare".

I looked up some stuff on ebay but couldn't find much, mostly $4 a mag with/without demo discs, but this was just a quick and dirty search. Depending on the price I might be interested, I've been looking to snatch up the entire DCM collection.

I noticed Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for Gamecube is worth quite a bit so I picked one up at gamestop. Two questions:

-Why so rare? It seems like all the other RE cube ports were mildy abundant, is CVX even less so? You would think the RE2 & 3 ports would be rarer.

-Normally 2-Disc gamecube game cases have a spot for each disc, but the case I have just has one spindle for both, is this the wrong case or is it actually like that for this particular game?

[quote name='eastshore4']I looked up some stuff on ebay but couldn't find much, mostly $4 a mag with/without demo discs, but this was just a quick and dirty search. Depending on the price I might be interested, I've been looking to snatch up the entire DCM collection.

I noticed Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for Gamecube is worth quite a bit so I picked one up at gamestop. Two questions:

-Why so rare? It seems like all the other RE cube ports were mildy abundant, is CVX even less so? You would think the RE2 & 3 ports would be rarer.

-Normally 2-Disc gamecube game cases have a spot for each disc, but the case I have just has one spindle for both, is this the wrong case or is it actually like that for this particular game?[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 2 and 3 were at one time worth quite a bit. They got reprinted years ago. They were worth quite a bit more than Code Veronica.

That is the wrong case. The original case had 2 slots.

Has anyone heard anything about 3D Game Heroes print run? I have seen lots of people saying they cant find it in stores, but its still available at Amazon and gamestop.com

[quote name='MSI Magus']Has anyone heard anything about 3D Game Heroes print run? I have seen lots of people saying they cant find it in stores, but its still available at Amazon and gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

tons of copies at every gamestop around here. might just be a case not getting enough copies around launch. Atlus hasnt release a rare console game for a while now. Plus they are known to reprint games.

[quote name='62t']tons of copies at every gamestop around here. might just be a case not getting enough copies around launch. Atlus hasnt release a rare console game for a while now. Plus they are known to reprint games.[/QUOTE]

Atlus wrecks havoc with my nerves more then any other company. If I buy a game it plummets in value as they reprint it and make it extremely common...if I do not buy it it ends up being rare as shit. I just cant win with that company ;(

In regards to RE... hit the nail on the head. the GC RE2 and 3 used to be ridicuously pricey, especially given that they were ports. A few years ago, though, they (I think that company that does reprints) re-released them, and now every GameStop seems to have 2-4 copies of them, killing the value. Since CV never got a reprint, it's maintained the value, even though it was always less than the other two. Plus, when CV:X GC came out, I just don't think there was a ton of interest to begin with, hence it being worth at least $20 more than the comparable PS2 version, which can routinely be had for about $5.

3D Dot Heroes... honestly, I don't expect big rarity out of it. I have to agree with Zune duck guy, it may have just been a case of poor distribution the first week. All I know is that I've been to 3 Wal-Marts, and they all had about 15-20 copies of it, which leads me to believe that rarity won't be an issue. That, and a lot of PS3 exclusives, even the niche ones, seem to get higher print runs than they would have on other consoles.

[quote name='007']In regards to RE... hit the nail on the head. the GC RE2 and 3 used to be ridicuously pricey, especially given that they were ports. A few years ago, though, they (I think that company that does reprints) re-released them, and now every GameStop seems to have 2-4 copies of them, killing the value. Since CV never got a reprint, it's maintained the value, even though it was always less than the other two. Plus, when CV:X GC came out, I just don't think there was a ton of interest to begin with, hence it being worth at least $20 more than the comparable PS2 version, which can routinely be had for about $5.

3D Dot Heroes... honestly, I don't expect big rarity out of it. I have to agree with Zune duck guy, it may have just been a case of poor distribution the first week. All I know is that I've been to 3 Wal-Marts, and they all had about 15-20 copies of it, which leads me to believe that rarity won't be an issue. That, and a lot of PS3 exclusives, even the niche ones, seem to get higher print runs than they would have on other consoles.[/QUOTE]

Kind of what I am thinking. I did not expect it to be a rare title and wanted to wait to find it for around $20 to buy it....but hearing people, including the gamerswithjobs podcast gripe about not being able to find a copy got me a bit nervous.

Just keep in mind that a lot of Atlus games did a lot better than they expected, such as Demon Soul and Trauma Center. I think Atlus is increasing their print run. And ifa game is rare for whatever reason ($60+ for a used copy), you can bet they will be reprinting it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']The more in demand something is the more rare it is and as a result the more its worth. If something is not worth much then it probably is not that rare.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. I have two guitars in my collection that are extremely rare. One may possibly the last or only one produced of it's kind and the other in all my research I can only confirm one other and a possibility of a third that may actually be one of the two that I already know of. Both are 60-70 years old. I paid less for each of them than you would pay for a new crappy guitar. No 'expert' I talk to about either of them seems to know any more about them than I do, so nobody knows how to value them. Rarity means nothing without demand. Gibsons and Fenders have value because there will always be demand for them because there is so much documentation that exists and so many famous players that use them. Little known brands, no matter how rare, are a different story because so little is known about them. It's the same in the antique business. Just knowing that something is very old does not make it valuable. Roman bronze coins are very old but of low value because you can find them collecting dust in just about every coin shop in the world.

[quote name='CheepGamez']How about Steel Battalion? Is that very rare?[/QUOTE]

It was but Capcom did a second print. The second print got different color buttons. It cost a bit due to being a pain to ship.

I once heard that the first copies of Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV were rare because they were rated "T", but than quickly re-rated to "M". If so I have a "T" copy and was wondering if it is worth something/maybe someday will be worth something...

[quote name='SLeeK719']I once heard that the first copies of Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV were rare because they were rated "T", but than quickly re-rated to "M". If so I have a "T" copy and was wondering if it is worth something/maybe someday will be worth something...[/QUOTE]

I really don't think that the T-rated version is worth more money or even sought after. Most people don't even notice the difference between the two and quite a few T-rated copies were produced. Not even the Collector's Edition is worth that much. The Game of the Year Edition essentially makes the original obsolete to boot.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Anyone know if the Bioshock 2: LE for PC is rare? It's on sale right now for $59.90 and I can get 10% off, would that be a good deal?[/QUOTE]

I really do not think its rare. PC games seem to not be the same as console collections, it seems they drop in price much faster...but every once in awhile shoot up even more. I think its because there is less demmand for them, so when there are a lot of them printed they drop...but when almost none are it sky rockets.

Looking at ebay it does not seem many of them are being listed....but at the same time looking at completed listings the only one that sold did so at $50....

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Anyone know if the Bioshock 2: LE for PC is rare? It's on sale right now for $59.90 and I can get 10% off, would that be a good deal?[/QUOTE]

thats basically the normal price, and PC version is the less popular of the 3.

I bought a lot of 21 PS3 games last week on Ebay for $200 BIN. There were some decent games like Dante's Inferno, God of War Collection, Assassin's Creed 2 and a few others but the one's that stood out were: Star Wars: Ultimate Sith Edition and Avatar: Limited Edition (with the Jake Avatar figurine).

How rare is the Sith Edition and the Avatar edition? I know the Sith Edition came with one Collector's card and it was of Darth Vader(there are 10 cards in the set, and this is probably the most popular card). Thanks for any help.

[quote name='foster1887']How rare is the Sith Edition and the Avatar edition? I know the Sith Edition came with one Collector's card and it was of Darth Vader(there are 10 cards in the set, and this is probably the most popular card). Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Sith Edition is now the "regular edition" sold at stores. Although I have no idea about the card set.

Avatar with the figure edition was never sold in the states. I believe it was a UK exclusive. So to have it in the US (I'm just assuming you are) is rare. But I know that it's not worth much. I almost imported one for $28 two weeks ago, but I decided against it.

Sith Edition on PS3 is rare. It's OOS on Amazon and Gamestop. The highest price I've seen it go for on eBay was one that ended two or three days ago, $81 for a mint/complete used copy.

A lot of GS B&M stores still have it, so snap it up if you can find it.. especially a sealed one.

Man, even on ebay, "sith edition PS3" only yields four results.. I'm pretty sure it's already OOP.

Yeah, that's what I thought Scorch. I think the 360 version is a lot more common and can even be bought off of Amazon brand new still. For the PS3 version, to get the exclusive maps, there wasn't a code or anything for that, right? It will just be installed to the PS3 via the game? Thanks for your insight guys!

Damn... I had a feeling the Sith Edition might've been worth something down the line but I wasn't thinking it'd be going for $80 bucks!

So here's something of a speculative question... what Club Nintendo stuff do you think will be rare/pricey further on, if any at all? I've earned and sold the Game & Watch Collection & the Mario hat, which each fetch around $30, what do you think of the other stuff? It sounds like the posters are pretty popular.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Got a boxed copy with manual of Maximum Carnage for the SNES. Red cartridge. Any idea if it's worth anything? Only one completed listing on ebay.[/QUOTE]

A quick check on Amazon shows some CIB versions of that game between $11-15 with some minor cosmetic issues.

[quote name='Scorch']Sith Edition on PS3 is rare. It's OOS on Amazon and Gamestop. The highest price I've seen it go for on eBay was one that ended two or three days ago, $81 for a mint/complete used copy.

A lot of GS B&M stores still have it, so snap it up if you can find it.. especially a sealed one.

Man, even on ebay, "sith edition PS3" only yields four results.. I'm pretty sure it's already OOP.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I bought this on clearance for $20 when I did!!! :lol:

Knew I should've picked up the Sith Edition of Force Unleashed for PS3 from BB when I saw it there, but I just picked one up from goHastings for $40 a week ago. They're OOS now...

[quote name='perdition(troy']how about the mass effect 2 CE? i got a guy that wants to give me $120 for it, is that worth it?[/QUOTE]
i wouldnt let that go for that much. its worth from $170-$220.

[quote name='phear3d']i wouldnt let that go for that much. its worth from $170-$220.[/QUOTE]
I think you're overestimating its worth. There are sealed 360 versions with Buy It Now prices of $120.

Just bought 2 new copies of Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3. :D Thanks for the heads up guys! Paid a bit under $80 for both.

When I was out yard saling today I came across a Conker Live and Reloaded Demo. The case is thin, sorta like the case on DVDs when you buy a box set, and there's no manual. I asked the kid where he got it and he said his friend gave it to him. I offered him $1, he countered with $2 and I bought it. Here are pictures:

ix5p46.jpg

34esy14.jpg

ezlhlt.jpg

My question is, is this worth anything? Is this thing rare?

Not yet anyhow. I for one, enjoy picking up promotional oddities in the one dollar range (especially when they go with a game that's still at $20). One day that $2 might be $5! *the crowd hisses with exhilaration*

[quote name='ducksoda7']Just bought 2 new copies of Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3. :D Thanks for the heads up guys! Paid a bit under $80 for both.[/QUOTE]

where did you find this game? i've been looking everywhere for it.
any help would be appreciated

[quote name='Super Metroid']where did you find this game? i've been looking everywhere for it.
any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]
I found them both at a Rogers Plus. Be sure to check stores where games don't really sell, like movie rental places or mom and pop stores.

Is Dragon Ball: Final Bout (Japanese Version) worth anything? I saw one at a thrift store a few days ago, but wasn't sure if it was worth picking up.

bread's done
Back