The Killer Kowalski Memorial (and George Steele) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']They focused on the guy for a good four to five seconds, it was hard to miss.[/quote]

Well someone could have turned their head or sneezed or something. What's the main event for tonight? Jericho and HBK is some sort of tag match?

I love Santino. From the girly scream he gave when he turned around and Batista was there to "You're lucky they're playing my music!" *runs away very fast*, he's pure gold.

[quote name='diddy310']Uhoh, is this Deuce's "We wish you the best in your future endeavors" farewell match ala The Highlanders?[/QUOTE]

At least he's going out on top versus Santino.

[quote name='lmz00']I thought Deuce was going to get repackaged?[/quote]

He is... in TNA. :whistle2:#

Edit: [quote name='mykevermin']Repackaged as an unemployed wrestler is my guess.[/quote]

Hahaha... this. This is better.

Watching this match makes me really wish WWE had a legitimate Cruiserweght division again. Guys like Sydal are going to waste fighting guys twice their size.

"The swash-buckling style..."

So, what Michael Cole's saying is that they're going to repackage Sydal as Burchill's long lost brother?

[quote name='Purple Flames']Watching this match makes me really wish WWE had a legitimate Cruiserweght division again. Guys like Sydal are going to waste fighting guys twice their size.[/QUOTE]

again?

EDIT: I see what you're saying, as whoever wins or loses, Sydal and Kane had ZERO chemistry. Not a horrible match, but not even remotely entertaining.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Watching this match makes me really wish WWE had a legitimate Cruiserweght division again. Guys like Sydal are going to waste fighting guys twice their size.[/quote]

But according to Vince, only bulky, large wrestlers make for interesting matches.

And WWE found a way to make their models-turned-wrestlers look good: give them a bunch of heavily-assisted moves.

:whistle2:k

New topic time for whoever wants to make it.

"Your dad wears a sweatervest!" is one awesome put down. VERY entertaining.

The kid-friendly thing has led to some writing that isn't all balls and dick and ass for a change. Some very good writing in the past few months. Matches can be stale, the production and format can be stale, but some of the writing still shines.

That said, "kid-friendly" apparently means that male-on-female violence, actual or suggested, is still A-ok. yuck.

DAMMIT! It's that fuckin' guy in the pink pullover who I have seen at every fucking wrestling show I've ever been to! And his wife in the fuckin' neon green pullover!

Girls wore that shit in 8th grade. In 1993!

Does anyone else think that Lawler's ribbing Cole tonight by asking him "Did you tell everyone that this is the 800th episode of Raw??"

I think Lawler is actually losing his mind with Michael Cole.

if possible, i would like to start one on marty janetty....i think he hasn't been celebrated yet!

[quote name='Demolition Man']It is? I had no idea either. ;)[/quote]

It's now so embedded in my brain that it's conflicting with the microchip aliens put in there. :whee:

[quote name='lmz00']Lance Cade scoring a pin in a main event match. Wow.[/quote]

I saw Cade hit his finisher, and I thought, "No way." But yes. Yes way. O_O;

Fun show tonight - not one full of great wrestling, but nothing on it was too horrid. Kane-Bourne was easily the best match of the night, as Bourne and Kane have fantastic chemistry together and Kane sold very well for Bourne's offense. If anything, the match was "too" good because it didn't make me want to see Rey vs. Kane - I wanted to see another Bourne vs. Kane match. Kane busting out a lift up>uppercut combo and the big boot off to counter the cross body looked good, and allowed his foes to do something to help freshen up his...predictable offense.

The opening segment was effective, and Jericho was great in it (as was his new Big Gold belt) but the whole thing went on a bit too long - at least it led to an okay Punk-Cody match with Punk busting out an ankle lock just as Jericho did to him last week, and I imagine Kofi helping will lead to he and Punk facing Priceless at the PPV, which should be a good match, although I think it would be a mistake to once again have Priceless lose the belts to a makeshift team.

On the lighter side of things, everything with Beth and Santino ruled, the Perfect parody with Haas was...amusing, although not anything I'd need to see again, the Word Up vs. Dirth Sheet video package was awesome (and something I'd love to see again, while the Miz/Morrison-Cryme Tyme match was okay until the end, which looked screwy) and the fan in the crowd dancing like a fool when Shane came out ruled.

The main event was good, but not very memorable aside from Cade pinning the man who got him into wrestling, Shawn Michaels. While I expected Cade to join the match after Jericho stirred shit up with Adamle, I also expected him to be the one to drop the fall since he doesn't have a program for the PPV. Him getting the win with his spinebuster/powerbomb thing was a nice surprise, and the match itself had some fantastic heat at times.

Oh, and Cole was unintentionally hilarious tonight with his constant shilling of this being THE 800TH EDITION OF RAW - THE LONGEST RUNNING IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! There are ways to do this kind of stuff well and not lose your credibility, and Cole...well, he hasn't figured out how to do that yet. Jim Ross just does this kind of thing in passing, as did Solie, and Styles, and Lance Russelll, and well, you get the picture. Cole just yells and screams this info at the top of his lungs and comes off like a less goofy Mike Tenay (at best) as a result. Adamle's whole "KNOCK IT OFF! STOP IIIITTTT! thing was similarly amusing/annoying.

Quotes -

(as Jericho climbs ladder)Cole - THIS IS SYMBOLIC OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT NO MERCY!
Fans - Y2J! HBK!
Jericho - Leave it to HBK to once again attempt to rewrite history. Last week, HBK in an effort to permanently disfigure me, convinced Adamle to make our match a WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ladder match. And then, in another one of his lying statements that he likes to make, he claimed that he revolutionized the ladder match, and like the mindless sheep that you are, you all blindly believed what he said. Here’s a news flash for ya - just because he says something, doesn’t mean that it’s true, and conversely, when Jericho says something, you know that it’s real, because I am AN HONEST MAN, A GOOD MAN, AND I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH! I have won three separate titles in a ladder match - I have won more high-profile ladder match than Shawn’s ever appeared in, and at No Mercy, when the match is through, the last thing you will all see is this… (he grabs the belt) Chris Jericho - still the world heavyweight champion! Shawn wants to disfigure me? He’s already scarred my back forever. You like that didn’t ya? Right!? But at the end of the night, I still walked out as the champion! Because I’m too good and better than Shawn Michaels, and now, he’s trapped - in an effort to inflate his legacy, he made the ladder match and all that’s done is give me a weapon of destruction to put the final nail… (Orton comes out)
Jericho - Ah…Randy Orton, I knew it would only be a matter of time until you came down to talk to the world heavyweight…
Orton - Champion? Because if it wasn’t for me kicking Punk in the skull, you wouldn’t BE champion. And as far as your ladder match, it doesn’t matter who wins, whoever wins will be running on BORROWED TIME!
Jericho - You talk a lot of trash that you can’t back up - like these hypocrites, you’re a dreamer, and you’ve got a big mouth, and what’s to stop me from punching you in the mouth right now. When I gave Rebecca a fat lip, it was an accident, but with you, it’ll be on purpose.
Orton - You are not gonna do a damn thing to me, Jericho, and I’ll tell you why - I talked to Adamle earlier today, and the truth is that I am a third generation star and I need o be protected, so he ruled that I could not hit anybody, and more importantly, he ruled that THEY CANNOT HIT ME, or they are suspended immediately. In other words, Chris, I AM UNTOUCHABLE! When you’re a third-gen star and the most valuable commodity on Raw, you tend to get what you want.
Jericho - The most valuable commodity on Raw is the world champion, and as the best in the world and in a league of my own, I also tend to get what I want, and now I want to get away from you. Good luck - get well soon.
Orton - Walk away, Chris, but know this - I will be champion once again! Long after your days in this industry are over and done! And Chris, take your ladder with ya! (he throws it out, Punk comes out and slaps him)
Adamle - KNOCK IT OFF! STOP IT! STOOOP ITTTT! KNOCK IT OFF! I’M THE GM OF RAW AND I SAY STOP IT! CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! YOU JUST! PUNK, YOU JUST DIRECTLY DEFIED ONE OF MY EDICTS! AND I can’t let that go. As a result of your actions, you are suspended! Indefinitely! Immediately! CALM DOWN! (Shane comes out)
Lawler - LOOK AT THE STANDING OVATION FOR SHANE-O-MAC!
Shane - Surprised to see me? It’s okay. Mike, step back just a little bit. I know you’re doing a lot of on-the-job training - one, what Punk just did - that’s what we call in our business a receipt. Normally, I’d respect your edict, but not tonight. So, I am officially overruling your suspension of CM Punk.
Orton - YOU CANNOT MAKE THE RULES AS YOU GO ON!
Shane - Yes, I can, and you’re a third-gen star, and I expect more out of you. YOU WILL DARN SURE RESPECT MY POSITION! As for Adamle’s edict about you, that will star…right now. Mr. Orton, I respectfully ask that you leave the ring. Punk, since you’re ready to go, we’re gonna start the show off with you. You’re gonna go against another generational superstar - Cody Rhodes! (fans boo) And Mike, I can see it coming out of your brain, there’s something about the main event… tonight, it’s gonna be… THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, Chris Jericho, teaming up with JBL against their opponents, the ANIMAL BATISTA and SHAWN MICHAELS!
Lawler - Shane McMindreader! IT’S GREAT! WHAT A WAY TO KICK OFF THE 800th EPISODE OF RAW!
Lawler - You ever wonder what the NFL players are watching on Monday nights?! IT’S RAW! THEY’RE HERE WITH US TONIGHT!
Shane - Mike, I think you’re doing a fantastic job.
Kane - HI SHANE-O, LONG TIME NO SEE! I appreciate you serving me Evan Bourne tonight, but I WANT REY MYSTERIO!
Adamle - Done - I’ve made the match, one-on-one, you versus Rey Mysterio and No Mercy.
Kane - Good - by the way, Shane, say hi to your mom.
Adamle - HE KNOWS YOUR MOM!?
Shane - Yeah, he tombstoned her onto a steel grate and tried to electrocute my testicles with a car battery. We’re real tight.
(to Kelly about Batista)Santino - HE ALMOST BROK-ED MY FACE! (on Kelly laughing last week)Don’t play innocent with us, Kelly Kelly…Kelly, what else could you have been laughing at? Something Batista said? He was probably going to go BOOM BOOM BOOM, I FIRE LIGHTNING OUT MY ASS LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD!
Batista - Hi.
Santino - (screams like girl) (theme plays) OH THANK GOD! I mean, you’re lucky they’re-a playing my theme for…MY MATCH!
Santino - THAT’S NOT FUNNY! PUT UP THE HONK-A-METER! He was champion for 64 weeks, I have been champion for…7 WEEKS! If you do the math-a… (Deuce’s theme hits) I was not finished!
Hold on, before we start this match, these is one thing I’d like to say - BATISTA, IF YOU MESS WITH ME, I’LL BEAT YOU UP, JUST LIKE FONZIE OVER HERE! THE HAPPY DAYS ARE OVER!
Cole - On Santino’s Casa, he called the Honky Tonk Man the king of trans fat.
Cole - DEUCE HITS THE TARGET!
(after every blow)Santino - OW!
Santino - THAT’S JUST ONE VICTORY FOR GLAMARELLA TONIGHT! KELLY KELLY KELLY, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WWE UNIVERSE WHO ORDERS ME TO BUY THE CONTRACEPTIVES! AND THE WOMEN’S CHAMPION, BETH PHOENIX!
Cole - Evan Bourne is like Spider-Man scaling Kane’s body.
Cole - THE WASHBUCKLING STYLE OF BOURNE MAY HAVE PUT HIM IN CONTROL OF THIS MATCH!
Kane - YOU’RE A COWARD REY, HIDING BEHIND A MASK!
Cole - KANE IS HELL-BELT ON DISHING OUT PAIN!
Orton - Shane, we’re the most powerful third-generation superstars in WWE - it would be really unfortunate if something happened to you…
Shane - Yeah, but Randy - I’m fourth-generation.
Cole - Earlier today, you wrote a blog on WWE.com about the 800th edition of Raw - minding telling us about it?
(after Kelly shows up)Lawler - After I say WOW one more time. Yeah, I’m quite a blogger.
Cole - Kelly’s got the women’s champion all discombobulated!
Morrison - I met your dad, Shad - he wears a sweater vest.
Lawler - What did Lilian say the Miz weighs? 234 pounds? That’s 234 pounds too much.
Cole - I learn a new word every week on WWE.com - I learned buttas - it means butt-ugly!
Lawler - Shad told me he started off life as an unwanted child…and now he’s wanted in 10 states!
Cole - WELCOME TO THE LONGEST-RUNNING SHOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
Cole - 800 episodes of Raw - THAT’S OVER 4 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF EPISODES OF SEINFELD! FOUR TIMES!
Lawler - DID YA TELL THEM THAT THIS IS THE 800TH EPISODE OF RAW!?
Cole - IT’S THE LONGEST RUNNING SHOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
Cole - Can you believe that there have been over 4,500 pyrotechnic displays over the past 15 years!?
Cole - Tonight, the Dirt Sheet got one up on Word Up!
Lawler - AND ECW GOT ONE UP ON RAW!
Haas - You might call this…a PERFECT tribute! (Haas then screws up everything at Dave and Busters)
Lawler - I’m sure if you asked HBK what kind of match he’d like to be in on the 800th edition of Raw, THIS WOULD BE IT!
Cole - CADE HAS PINNED MICHAELS!

Screens -

Well, someone loves Shane...

Punkar the Grouch

More screens -

The greatness of Santino...and Beth's thong.

The 'perfect' tribute -

Last edited by a moderator:
raw was ok for what i saw, prison break led to me only seeing bits of the first hour. i like jericho as champ, just can't see where it is going. then again i thought the same with punk til orton showed up.

alright time to catch up on things since ive been gone:

looks like hardy blew yet another huge opportunity by gettin taken off the plane, then again maybe not as WWE doesnt seem like they are going to punish him.

tna signed foley, woo and after they hint he will be fighting angle the spoilers indicate
that it is jarrett v angle instead

the splitting of LAX is a horrid decision.

the dirt sheet is still awesome.

punk is offically going to be the whipping boy for orton when he comes back.

HHH and cena off raw is awesome.

that tna ppv a couple weeks ago was quite possibly one of the worst ones ive ever seen, and i did watch no mercy last year.

dont miss me when im gone boys, ill be back soon.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Bourne and Kane have fantastic chemistry together[/QUOTE]

Was I watching alternate universe Raw tonight? I didn't see good chemistry at all; it was no different than the sort of Kane-Mysterio clumsiness we've been through for a few weeks.

And boo-to-the-hoo on them not making Kane/Rey a pseudo-mask-vs-mask match. Zero interest on my part, particularly due to the sheer lack of backdrop to the story. They have masks. That's the story arc.

[quote name='mykevermin']Cade has a finisher?[/quote]

Yup. Pull The Car Around. Just devastating.

lmz00, have a mod unlock the Dwayne thread.

[quote name='mykevermin']Was I watching alternate universe Raw tonight? I didn't see good chemistry at all; it was no different than the sort of Kane-Mysterio clumsiness we've been through for a few weeks.

And boo-to-the-hoo on them not making Kane/Rey a pseudo-mask-vs-mask match. Zero interest on my part, particularly due to the sheer lack of backdrop to the story. They have masks. That's the story arc.[/QUOTE]

We were watching the same Raw - I simply think that Bourne works better with Kane than Rey, and I'm glad they aren't doing any goofy mask shit for the PPV match (yet) as I just want this feud to end as quickly as humanly possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back