The Killer Kowalski Memorial (and George Steele) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world, the Stings and Nashes of the world would stay around to be a draw for the casual and old school fan who have heard those of those guys in the past and wish to see em again, they tune in and see not only those guys, but the younger guys that the Stings and Nashes are helping get over, and stick around for more.

I think I missed a couple of weeks worth of TNA Impact, finally just watched Thursday's episode on the DVR, and I have one question - When did Booker T start talking with that accent?

[quote name='Vince McMahon']There's nothing wrong with using older guys, so long as those older guys are willing to put their egos aside for the betterment of the company and younger talent.[/quote]

Yeah... anyway. Welcome to CAG Vince. It's a pleasure to have you here... we've been wondering when you would actually make and account and respond to our criticisms.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']There's nothing wrong with using older guys, so long as those older guys are willing to put their egos aside for the betterment of the company and younger talent.[/QUOTE]

But what is the betterment of younger talent, though? Steve Austin probably thought that him stunning Santino Marella is what put him over - irrespective of the way Marella took a stupid, paper thin "hometown zero to hero" babyface, and made him one of the finest comic heels of god only knows how long.

I agree with your sentiment, but some wrestlers really lose perspective as they become "legends" and how they can put guys over. I bet Triple H thinks his treatment of Chris Jericho during their world title feud got Jericho over, despite it being a reeking embarrassment on Jericho's overall career.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']There's nothing wrong with using older guys, so long as those older guys are willing to put their egos aside for the betterment of the company and younger talent.[/quote]

NO CHANCE!!! NO CHANCE IN HELL!!

Vince as he thinks about them being BIGGER, STRONGER, OILIER!!!
vince-mcmahon.jpg

shane-o-mac2.jpg

The one Vince truly fears.
sooperlooney.jpg

Waiting for prune juice.
Vince1.jpg

It's obvious he's interested in the TNA game and joined CAG because he's waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='mykevermin']But what is the betterment of younger talent, though? Steve Austin probably thought that him stunning Santino Marella is what put him over - irrespective of the way Marella took a stupid, paper thin "hometown zero to hero" babyface, and made him one of the finest comic heels of god only knows how long.[/QUOTE]

The betterment of younger talent, would be a situation in which a main event caliber, veteran wrestler worked with a younger talent in such a way that neither diminishes said veteran's reputation, nor makes the younger talent look weak. The idea is the veteran makes the younger talent look like he *could* be a future main eventer.

A good example would be Shelton Benjamin "stealing" consecutive wins over Triple H years ago. The fans were elated to see the young Benjamin score a pin over the seemingly unbeatable Triple H. Shelton would've certainly been in line for a huge push, had only his stick abilities been on par with his athleticism.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']The betterment of younger talent, would be a situation in which a main event caliber, veteran wrestler worked with a younger talent in such a way that neither diminishes said veteran's reputation, nor makes the younger talent look weak. The idea is the veteran makes the younger talent look like he *could* be a future main eventer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm aware of that point. Which is why I made the point I did - wrestling is to full of fragile egos and paranoid types that Steve Austin thinks he put over Marella by stunning him, or Triple H may think he put over THEE Brian Kendrick by giving him 2 pedigrees in their 'scramble' match and him getting pinned multiple times.

Or Sting - well, I don't know exactly what Sting does, since I typically watch 8 minutes of TNA before I see plastic guitars and unlit cigarettes, or awful rambling promos that put me to sleep, or characters that are downright awful, or whatever it is, and change the channel, thinking that wrestling simply isn't on TV on Thursdays anymore.

But, yeah, I get your point. I made it already.

Also, http://www.hulkhogan.com/

Check the third video from the bottom for a preview of "Celebrity Championship Wrestling."

Now, I dispute the use of "celebrity," as it should be called "People Who Were on TV Before Championship Wrestling," but that doesn't have the same flow, y'know?

That said, it does look interesting to watch an episode or two of, even if the format it more or less identical to "The Ultimate Fighter."

:rofl: at the Celebrity Wrestling thing. Seems like the usual suspects on these celebrity reality shows with Screech, Dennis Rodman, and Danny Bonaduce.

I don't know how you can be compare it to the Ultimate Fighter though. The Ultimate Fighter is a tournament of actual pro fighters trying to get a contract. The reality/living in the house aspect is just for fans to get to know backgrounds on these guys and build fan bases.

Are you sure you don't mean Tough Enough? It looks similar to that as that show had a lot of people who weren't even indy wrestlers. I can see how you could get the titles confused too, The Ultimate Fighter is abbreviated as TUF and some of their print ads actually say "TUF enough?!".

[quote name='CouRageouS']:rofl: at the Celebrity Wrestling thing. Seems like the usual suspects on these celebrity reality shows with Screech, Dennis Rodman, and Danny Bonaduce.

I don't know how you can be compare it to the Ultimate Fighter though. The Ultimate Fighter is a tournament of actual pro fighters trying to get a contract. The reality/living in the house aspect is just for fans to get to know backgrounds on these guys and build fan bases.

Are you sure you don't mean Tough Enough? It looks similar to that as that show had a lot of people who weren't even indy wrestlers. I can see how you could get the titles confused too, The Ultimate Fighter is abbreviated as TUF and some of their print ads actually say "TUF enough?!".[/QUOTE]

Myke was saying the format is the same. Not comparing the show. I wouldn't even compare this to Tough Enough as some of those people actually loved the business and at least made a few decent wrestlers (Maven, Chris, Nidia) and one great one (Morrison)

I watched a pilot of HH Celebrity Wrestling as part of an E-Rewards thing, it's unfair to have Rodman on that show, since he has like you know, actual wrestling experience (Yeah, I know, I'm stretching)

[quote name='ZForce']I watched a pilot of HH Celebrity Wrestling as part of an E-Rewards thing, it's unfair to have Rodman on that show, since he has like you know, actual wrestling experience (Yeah, I know, I'm stretching)[/QUOTE]

He's also an athlete. (Yeah, I know, I'm stretching)

Which is more than I can say for most of the other guys cast on the show... except for Butterbean, who was like Yokozuna-esque levels of massive.

So HHH on Smackdown... anyone think they're trying to do a mish-mash of Rocky III and IV with him? Well, mostly Rocky III, but they're just taking Ivan Drago (Koslov) and dumping him in the role of Clubber Lang.

And HHH is Rocky, at the beginning of part III. The long-time champion who isn't taking his competition seriously anymore. Making all the insider jokes, going on about how he'll be champion "for like the next century," etc. Generally getting cocky and being kind of a dick, but still very much a fan-favorite.

Meanwhile Koslov is this new guy who HUNGERS for competition and is quietly fucking up jobbers on the side while HHH wisecracks his way through his current title run.

I'm thinking they'll have HHH go over Hardy (completely unrelated to any of the airport stuff), then start building towards a Koslov program... hell maybe even give Koslov the belt. Survivor Series maybe? Seems like a long shot but they've gotta have something in mind based on how they've ended the last two Smackdowns.

And if they really pushed Koslov as champion for a while, maybe Jeff Hardy would be the one to finally take him down? That could be a pretty dramatic, markout-worthy program if they built it up properly.

No way in hell HHH lays down for Kozlov in like 5 minutes (or at all), so I don't really see the Rocky thing. Plus Rocky is awesome and HHH is a fucking prick who I want off my TV for good.

They need to have Kozlov go full-blown Drago and just kill a motherfucker...come on, no one would miss Funaki. No chance of that with WWE's "PG rated programming" I guess.

Vince, why do you like them big? Is it because it pleases you in ways you cannot properly express? ;)

After watching two of my old AJW tapes yesterday (Manami Toyota

[quote name='BustaUppa']So HHH on Smackdown... anyone think they're trying to do a mish-mash of Rocky III and IV with him? Well, mostly Rocky III, but they're just taking Ivan Drago (Koslov) and dumping him in the role of Clubber Lang.

And HHH is Rocky, at the beginning of part III. The long-time champion who isn't taking his competition seriously anymore. Making all the insider jokes, going on about how he'll be champion "for like the next century," etc. Generally getting cocky and being kind of a dick, but still very much a fan-favorite.

Meanwhile Koslov is this new guy who HUNGERS for competition and is quietly fucking up jobbers on the side while HHH wisecracks his way through his current title run.

I'm thinking they'll have HHH go over Hardy (completely unrelated to any of the airport stuff), then start building towards a Koslov program... hell maybe even give Koslov the belt. Survivor Series maybe? Seems like a long shot but they've gotta have something in mind based on how they've ended the last two Smackdowns.

And if they really pushed Koslov as champion for a while, maybe Jeff Hardy would be the one to finally take him down? That could be a pretty dramatic, markout-worthy program if they built it up properly.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Kozlov even took his hairct from Ludvig Borga Ivan Drago.

I think you're spot on here. I don't know that I'd pay to see Kozlov/HHH, but I don't know that I'd pay to see any feud involving Triple H at this point.

But Kozlov has that "give the big guy the belt because we're too scared to do something unique and/or exciting" thing about him.

WWE has reverted back to the '80s, so they're definitely going to give Koslov the title.

[quote name='KaneRobot']They need to have Kozlov go full-blown Drago and just kill a motherfucker...come on, no one would miss Funaki. No chance of that with WWE's "PG rated programming" I guess.[/QUOTE]
Awesome idea, but who would hold HHH's steiroids then? ;)

True to both. My money's on Super Crazy. Have him job on TV and hold HHH's stash on the side. We all know a win over SC is worth almost as much as a win over Tommy Dreamer.

What was the last match he won, or at least had more than 3 seconds worth of offense?

[quote name='mykevermin']Chuck Palumbo.

Even his name sounds like a drug mule's name.

"Go talk to my man Palumbo, he's got your hookup!"[/quote]

It's made funnier if you imagine Scott Steiner saying it ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']True to both. My money's on Super Crazy. Have him job on TV and hold HHH's stash on the side. We all know a win over SC is worth almost as much as a win over Tommy Dreamer.

What was the last match he won, or at least had more than 3 seconds worth of offense?[/QUOTE]

I ask the same question of the Bengals every week.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']True to both. My money's on Super Crazy. Have him job on TV and hold HHH's stash on the side. We all know a win over SC is worth almost as much as a win over Tommy Dreamer.

What was the last match he won, or at least had more than 3 seconds worth of offense?[/quote]

Speaking of which, who gets in more offensive before they job: Super Crazy or Funaki? :whistle2:k

Didn't Super Crazy win like last week? I think it was over one of the new ECW talents.

Edit: OK, 20 days ago, from 9/2: Super Crazy over Gavin Spears by springboard moonsault

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Didn't Super Crazy win like last week? I think it was over one of the new ECW talents.[/quote]

Well, I guess we know who is Triple H's new 'roid mule. Nosey probably wants to keep Super Crazy happy so he doesn't prematurely poop out his 'roids.

[quote name='Halo05']Super Crazy by far. I haven't seen Funaki hit anyone since he and the rest of Kaientai jumped Val Venis in 1998.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Too true.

Gavin Spears must be some type of Super Jobber, jobbing to a jobber.

[quote name='mykevermin']SOMEONE sat for 40+ hours of tattoo work since last Monday.[/quote]

That's what Mr. Orton posted on his fansite forum. Looks like an accurate account.

Orton/Jericho feud = drool :drool:

Heel versus heel. Interesting.

Edit: God, Jericho is such a great heel.

Well they look better than i thought they would, i was expecting his arms to be covered in shitty tribals to match the rest of his tats

[quote name='Purple Flames']Shane-o-mac![/QUOTE]

Awesome x 100000000

I wish he would be on TV every week...and wrestle at every PPV.....and be in control of the book

How old is Shane? He's lookin a lot older since the last time I saw him.

Oh ok. I always liked Shane. Anyone catch that dude in the crowd dancing when Shane came out? :rofl:

[quote name='Blackout']Oh ok. I always liked Shane. Anyone catch that dude in the crowd dancing when Shane came out? :rofl:[/quote]

They focused on the guy for a good four to five seconds, it was hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back