The Killer Kowalski Memorial (and George Steele) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I like Bubba. Not too great in the ring but he can talk pretty good.

[quote name='Sporadic']So, I turn on TNA and the ref is beating the hell out of people...am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Glamour Boy Shane Sewell. He's wrestled for a long time, and this is the second time he's been physical in TNA. They're turning him from a ref into a TNA wrestler.

Well, the first hour kind of sucked, although I dug the AJ/Cage vs. Guns match, it was a bit too short, and just seemed like a backdrop for an angle. However, the match itself was good, and I like that a heel turn at least signals that they might do SOMETHING with them. I'm not a fan of AJ and Cage bickering due to the match - I'm sick of seeing every team in the company hate one another, and this is seemingly the millionth time they've done such a thing in the past year and half.

The stuff with Jackie vs. LAX seemed way too rushed, even by this show's standards, and I'm not a fan of them going from one segment to another to another in just a few seconds, which they did all the time in the first hour.

Roxxi's...I guess it was a Rough Cut video basically meant nothing because no emphasis was placed on it before or after it happened and they just went to a clip of Sting walking backstage immediately after it. Booker's skit with JB was amusing, but not some of Booker's funniest work in TNA.

The Matt Morgan thing was hilarious, as the "press conference" looked awful, and Matt's lines were horrid, but funny because of how bad they were and how poorly he executed them. The whole thing came off as a joke and didn't help Matt Morgan at all. And of course, it was essentially forgotten once he and Abyss had their skit - they've had ONE MATCH and they already don't get along. Fantastic.

The second hour, with Sting's promo, the Booker-Lethal match, and Beautiful People skit was a big improvement. Sting had great passion in his promo, and like every other one he's cut in this feud except for the NS one, made some excellent points. Booker-Lethal did a good job of trying to get Lethal over as a more serious act, but I'm not a fan of them constantly calling the win over Angle a fluke - it completely undermines actually trying to get fans to take him seriously.

Every single thing about the Beautiful People skit ruled, from Love being a drama queen, to Kip consoling her, to Velvet ranting about "idiotholes" - it all worked on some level. The match it built up, however, didn't, and the whole Kong-Wilde match this was building up was undermined by doing all the fighting during the break, just showing very little of it, and then focusing on the bag bit.

The main event talking segment between Jeff, Sting, Kurt, and Foley was... a mixed bag. It was full of passion, which is a huge plus, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes with some of the stuff Jeff was saying about him putting the young guys over and knocking others for not doing it. The comparison to WCW wasn't exactly the wisest one given that either, as TNA's had a habit of nuking their homegrown guys in favor of those same guys WCW liked to push years ago (MANY years ago, as it's been seven years since that company bit the dust) and directly comparing yourself to a dead company (and one that's seen as a historically bad one by casual fans at that) isn't exactly smart either.

Jeff being all over the segment bugged me slightly as he isn't the best talker and screwed up some lines, but I expected him to be the focal point of it - he is an exec. in the company and the show's named after him tonight. Jarrett saying that TNA is a phenomenon was laughable, as was Angle calling this a SHOOT - for goodness sake, NO ONE ON EARTH is fooled by that in 2008.

Mick's appearance was...perfectly fine. Nothing more, nothing less. It didn't make me super-excited to see him in the company, and the usage of him was a bit puzzling in storyline, as he was only brought up due to Jeff being called washed-up, which Jeff, is this was a SHOOT!, wouldn't have known about. Also, if Jeff was coming out as "the founder of TNA", why did he carry A GIANT SILVER GUITAR?! Is that how he got the Spike TV deal? Threatening execs with that thing? Oh well. It was still a cool little moment to see Mick on Impact, if a bit wasted since it was just another super-quick segment on a show with a million of them.

Quotes for "THE RETURN OF DOUBLE J" edition of Impact -
Ad Guy - AT NO SURRENDER, THEY SHOWED… NO MERCY!
Sign - Suicide’s Gonna Kill Ya!
Tenay - Last Sunday, Samoa Joe, WITH AN ASSIST FROM JEFF JARRETT, retained the TNA World Title against Kurt Angle and Christian Cage! TRAVEL ISSUES RELATED TO IKE prevented Booker T from appearing!
Joe - This past Sunday, I was taken to the limit by two of the greatest in the world - Angle and Christian Cage, we may never get along, but I’ll give you credit for giving it everything you’ve got for the greatest prize in the world in front of the greatest fans in the world! Sting, while we’re busting our asses, where are you? At home in your estate, while we’re here wrestling our ass off, Stinger, where are you!? Hate me or love me, by God, I will die in this ring defending this belt! When’s the last time you bled for this company? WHEN’S THE LAST TIME YOU SACRIFICED ANYTHING FOR TNA!? While we’re traveling the world over, Sting, you’re back home. AJ doesn’t seem his son - when’s the last time you missed a football game, Sting? When’s the last time you sacrificed your time to be here for the greatest wrestling company on God’s green Earth! Sting, it’ll be you asking for my respect and reaching for my hand - but Sting, my hand won’t be there, it’ll be my size 13 boot kicking your ass! IT’LL BE SHOWTIME!! Take your final bow and kiss my ass!
JB - Jeff, after two years, you’re back in TNA Wrestling - it seems like you have something to say.
Jarrett - Yes, I do, and Sting, I hope you’re listening.
Angle - JEFF’S GOT A MESSAGE FOR STING, WELL I HAVE ONE FOR JEFF JARRETT! AJ Styles, you have my gold medal - when you come down here, I’M GONNA TAKE IT OFF YOUR NECK AND KICK YOUR ASS!
(on Cage)DW - HIS PEEPS REALLY WANTED TO SEE HIM WIN THE TITLE FOR A THIRD TIME!
Tenay - YES, KURT ANGLE HASN’T FORGOTTEN THAT AJ IS THE MAN WHO TOOK HIS COVETED GOLD MEDAL FROM HIM!
DW - AJ DIDN’T HIT THE PHENOMENAL DROPKICK, BUT NOT IN THE NORMAL SEQUENCE - THAT’S WHAT MAKES HIM SO GREAT - HE CAN IMPROVISE!
DW - NO SURRENDER WAS AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT FROM START TO FINISH!
Tenay - Sting is angry at the young guys who have no respect - AND THE FINGER’S BEEN POINTED AT THE GUNS A FEW TIMES AS WELL!
DW - Joe’s the man who goes to house shows - he brings up a great point - he’ll bring it to the fans while Sting won’t!
(after a kick from Sabin)DW - Christian Cage seems a little discombobulated!
Tenay - WOAH, ARMBAR SUBMISSION!
DW - HE OBVIOUSLY LEARNED THAT FROM FRANK TRIGG - HE LEARNS A NEW MOVE IN EVERY MATCH!
Tenay - ALEX SHELLEY JUST FLIPPED OFF CHRISTIAN CAGE!
DW - WE’VE SEEN THIS FROM THEM BEFORE - THEY’RE TAKING OFFENSE!
Tenay - THIS IS WHAT STING’S BEEN TALKING ABOUT - THE LACK OF RESPECT FROM YOUNG WRESTLERS IN TNA!
Ad Guy - Booker T has used adversity from his youth as the fuel to take him from obscurity to legendary!
Booker - The disrespect is all over the locker room like the black plague in Africa. Earlier, Shelley disrespected Christian Cage while his partner just stood by and watched - THAT’S WHAT STING’S TALKING ABOUT! Tonight, Jay Lethal, who goes around each week disrespecting Randy Savage - I KNOW RANDY SAVAGE!
JB - I think he’s doing it to honor the Macho Man…
Booker - I WILL SHOW HIM HONOR!
JB - Booker, I’m sure you know that Jeff Jarrett’s in the building…
Sharmell - Booker knows everything.
Booker - EVERYTHING!
JB - What’s in the briefcase?
Booker - JB, JEREMIAH, DON’T YOU EVA TOUCH THIS! YOU ARE DISMISSED!
Tenay - AT BOUND FOR GLORY, THE DOME RETURNS!
Ad Guy - IT IS AN EDIPHUS OF THE INSANE! ESCAPE FROM THE TINY HOLE ABOVE - IT IS THE TRUE TEST OF GUTS IN TNA!
Bashir - Americans cried when the stock market crashed - try losing your life! While McCain and Obama talk about what they can do for America - TELL ME WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR BASHIR! This belt is step one for me to get my life back together - I used to be a peaceful man, but now, there is just a deep hatred, and this belt is my hostage! And I dare you to try and take this away from me! Before you do, ask yourself “ARE YOU WILILNG TO LOSE EVERYTHING“? I know I am - because I have nothing left to lose.
Tenay - THE REFEREE SHANE SEOUL IS CLEANING HOUSE!
Tenay - Matt Morgan has been called the most athletically stacked, genetically jacked athlete in the world - and he will now have his DNA sequence digitized into space on the Immortality Drive.
Matt Morgan - With an award like this, you can rest assured that the Blueprint is leaving his Blueprint on his legacy!
Morgan - Abyss, I’ll admit when I’m wrong - it was my bad!
Abyss - IT’S OKAY, MATT! HAHAHAHAHA! (pulls hair out, gives it to Matt)
Morgan - WE’RE UNSTOPPABLE, WE’RE UNBEATABLE! WE’RE NOT JUST A MAKESHIFT TAG TEAM - WE BEAT TEAM 3D - CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT WE’LL BE IN THE FUTURE!?
Abyss - I’d have to speak with my therapist first.
Morgan - Screw your therapist - I’LL BE YOUR THERAPIST! There will be a tag team invitational at Bound For Glory - you in!?
Ray - WE’RE 20 TIME WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! YOU BEAT US AT THE PPV - IT WAS A FLUKE! HE WAS SHACKING UP WITH A 300 POUND FAT CHICK AND I WAS DOING THOUSAND POUND SQUATS AND I PULLED MY GROIN! (to Lauren)NOT LIKE HOW YOU PULLED MY GROIN! WE’RE GONNA BE IN THE SAME DAMN MATCH AT BOUND FOR GLORY - SOMEBODY’S GETTING KNOCKED OUT, OR MAYBE EVEN KNOCKED UP, HONEY!
Tenay - BEER MONEY REPRESENTATIVE JACKIE IS COMING INTO THE IMPACT ZONE…TOWARDS THE LAX ENTRANCE! WHAT’S SHE DOING!?
Tenay - AT NO SURRENDER, JACKIE TOOK OUT SALINAS, AND NOW SHE’S GONNA TAKE OUT HECTOR GUERRERO!
DW - IT’S BEER MONEY INC. WITH THE BEATDOWN ON HECTOR GUERRERO!
Tenay - THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
DW - IT’S WHAT YOU EXPECT!
Tenay - THAT’S KNOCKOUT LAW TRACI BROOKS!
Traci - JACKIE, I WANT YOU AND HECTOR IN JIM CORNETTE’S OFFICE RIGHT NOW!
DW - YOU HEARD HER - SHE WANTS JACKIE AND HECTOR IN JIM CORNETTE’S OFFICE!
(seconds later)Terry Taylor - Roxxi is unique in many ways. She’s hardcore - she puts her body on the line.
Taylor Wilde - Hardcore wrestling hasn’t really been done in women’s wrestling before.
(seconds later)DW - STING’S WAITING FOR THE RESPONSE OF THE ICON!
Traci - SHUT UPPPPP!
Cornette - Very good, TB.
Traci - Jackie laid out Salinas and now she’s messing with Hector!
Cornette - Okay, well, you’re the knockout law - give me some suggestions!
Traci - If she wants to mess with the boys, I’m allowing it. Next week, six-person tag - Beer Money with Jackie vs. LAX with Hector! Loser of the match loses their manager for good!
Sting Video - RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT!!!!!!
Sting - Joe, your words cut right to the bone. But ya know something, you’re immature, and you’re not smart enough to know what’s really going on. You’re ticked at me for going to a football game! When you were this big and sucking your thumb, I WAS RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE ROADS 340 DAYS A YEAR! $50 ON A GOOD DAY, JOE! And Joe, I’ve done this for 20 years now Joe and I haven’t forgotten where I came from either! You talk about respect, you talk trash to me, I learned my respect a long time ago. I learned from the best - I took example, Joe. I TOOK EXAMPLE! From the greatest! And what are you gonna do 15 years from now, if you have the longevity - WHAT ARE YOU GONNA WHEN DISRESPECT GETS ALL UP IN YOUR FACE, JOE! I LEARNED FROM MAGNUM TA, NIKITA KOLOFF, I SHUT MY MOUTH AND LEARNED RESPECT FROM DUSTY! I LEARNED IT FROM TULLY BLANCHARD, YOU KNOW SOMETHING, I LISTENED VERY INTENTLY TO THE NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR! AND TALK ABOUT THAT DISRESPECT COMING UP INTO YOUR FACE, WHICH BRINGS ME TO BOUND FOR GLORY! You’re bigger, faster, and a lot younger, but I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve. ‘06 was fantastic, ‘07 was phenomenal, and ‘08 - it’s gonna be SHOWTIME! SEE YA JOE!
Suicide - I will always remember why I am Suicide…
(seconds later)DW - IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN TNA LIVE, SEE IT HERE!
Tenay - Don and Mike here on a night where HEATED WORDS were exchanged between Joe and Sting!
JB - AJ, earlier tonight, the Guns disrespected your partner…
AJ - JB, just stop - STOP TRYIN’ TO STIR DAT POT! I can speak for the both of us - AJ and Christian Cage are definitely on th same side!
Cage - And what side would that be, AJ.
AJ - Our side…
Cage - Okay, seems a little backwards…you calling the shots here… I’M THE CHAMP! I don’t like it when people make decisions for me. It’s like this - don’t forget who put you in the spotlight.
Lauren - Black Machismo, I’m so sorry… I don’t even know where to start…
Lethal - You don’t know where to start, but I’ll tell you when to stop! I AM NOT IN A GOOD MOOD TONIGHT! AT NO SURRENDER, I WAS SCREWED BY MY EX-FIANCE AND TRAMP SO CAL VAL. I WANT TO KILL SONJAY AND VAL, AND I’M GOING TO DO IT IF I SEE THEM! Booker T, YOU DON’T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT ME! I TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN HONOR RANDY SAVAGE EVERY TIME I STEP INTO THAT RING! I MEMORIZED EVERY WORD HE SAID AND IT PISSES ME OFF TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT I’M DISRESPECTING HIM! BOOKER T, SUCKA, THERE’S GONNA BE A LOT OF DISRESPECTING WHEN I’M DISRESPECTING YOUR ASS (bleeped) ALL OVER THE ARENA!
Tenay - Earlier, Booker T said that Jay Lethal is disrespecting the Macho Man, while Jay Lethal feels that the Black Machismo is an extension of Randy Savage and is honoring him!
DW - BOOKER T IS A LEGEND! He’s seen emotion in that ring!
Tenay - Boy, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised to see Jay Lethal have a competitive match against Booker T - he had a match with Kurt Angle and won!
DW - YES, IT WAS THE GREATEST UPSET IN TNA HISTORY!
Tenay - Those talented knees of Booker T have been very effective in this match!
DW - Oh, they’re just so long!
Tenay - THIS IS A BATTLE FOR RESPECT, JUST LIKE JOE VS. STING - THE MAIN EVENT OF BOUND FOR GLORY!
Tenay - SHARMELL HOOKS THE LEG - IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY!?
Kip - Rhino, you’ve stuck your horn into our business way too many times!
Lauren - Angelina, what’s wrong?
Angelina - I HAVE A BLEMISH ON MY FACE! I HAVEN’T HAD A BLEMISH SINCE LIKE THE THIRD GRADE! THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD!
Lauren - So… you have a pimple?
Velvet - THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE DON’T GET PIMPLES - THOSE ARE FOR IDIOTHOLES!
Angelina - I have to see my dermatologist - I pay him by the hour.
DW - I hope that whatever Kip’s wearing never becomes a trend here in the United States.
Tenay - Don, you and I did some digging, and we found out that Taylor Wilde, from Canada, worked in Michigan and became friends with Rhino - she called him in as backup for No Surrender!
Tenay - YES, THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN, JEFF JARRETT IS HERE AND HE WILL HAVE A MESSAGE FOR STING! IT’LL BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN! IN NEARLY TWO YEARS!
DW - RHINO, WHAT A HIPTOSS! Velvet Sky sprays the War Machine, trying to get him to smell better in her mind.
Tenay - SHE SPRAYED HIM RIGHT IN THE EYES!
Tenay - CUTE KIP JAMES JUST DRILLED RHINO!
Tenay - Kip James, in the corner, measures Rhino, and blows kisses over to Velvet Sky.
Tenay - ANGELINA LOVE HAS SOME KIND OF A STEEL PIPE!
Tenay - THE 12 TIME WORLD CHAMPION JEFF JARRETT IS BACK TONIGHT AND HE’S GONNA TALK TO STING!
DW - If you wanna play word association and say TNA Wrestling, the first thing that would come to mind is JEFF JARRETT! SEEING HOW FAR WE’VE COME HAS TO BE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL FOR THIS MAN!
Tenay - HE REFOCUSED, HE RETHOUGHT HIS CAREER OPTIONS! HE’S BACK TONIGHT!
(fans chant WELCOME BACK)Jeff - Ya know, after watching things going on for the last few weeks, I thought I was left with no choice but to come out and address a few things. But before I do, I’m gonna talk about things I never have before - 6 years ago, you were watching Jeff Jarrett, not only the wrestler, but the founder of TNA Wrestling. (fans chant TNA) Ya know, when WCW went outta business, I had a vision for a wrestling organization to be created and give young hopefuls their big break. I started in this business when I was 16 and I know better than anybody how tough it is to get a break in this business! I wanted TNA to be a place where guys to get their big break! Well, a big thanks goes to the good lord, my precious wife Jill, a great financial partner, and millions of fans around the world! HERE WE ARE SIX YEARS LATER AND I WANNA THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! (fans chant thank you Jeff) No, NO! No! Unfortunately, lately though, there’s something that’s been going on that I can’t ignore. Sting, I know you’re in the back listening, I don’t want to talk behind your back, I want to talk to you man-to-man, so I’d appreciate if you’d come to the ring now.
Tenay - ON THE MOST EMOTIONAL NIGHT WE’VE EVER HAD IN THE IMPACT ZONE, STING’S ABOUT TO GO FACE-TO-FACE WITH JEFF JARRETT!
Jeff - You know, Sting, we’ve been in this game a long time. Truth be known, my father’s the one gave you your first break in this business, and he’s proud of it. He extended the olive brance to you just like I’m trying to do to others in the back. I’ve been watching to your actions, and most importantly, I’ve been listening, and I’ve got one thing to say - YOU ARE SO FULL OF CRAP! STING, IT’S A SMOKE SCREEN, YOU’RE TRYING TO GET ON YOUR HIGH HORSE, THAT THE YOUNG GUYS ARE DISRESPECTING THE VETERANS! I HAD A DREAM, THAT BECAME A REALITY, AND THAT REALITY BECAME A PHENOMENON OVERNIGHT BECAUSE OF GUYS LIKE AJ AND JOE! There are times in this company’s history that guys like AJ and Joe have LITERALLY CARRIED THIS COMPANY ON THEIR BACK, and every step of the way, they showed me the utmost of respect JUST LIKE I SHOWED THEM! This ain’t about disrespect, let’s talk about what it really is - let’s pull the curtain back. I was there, déjà vu all over again - WCW - we worked there when it went out of business because the veterans wouldn’t pass the torch to the young guys. You know why? Because they wanted to hold onto their stinking fat paycheck! THIS AIN’T ABOUT DISRESPECT, IT’S ABOUT 20-30 GUYS IN THE DRESSING ROOM NOT A DAY OVER 30 NIPPING AT YOUR HEELS! THIS AIN’T ABOUT DISRESPECT, IT’S ABOUT GUYS LIKE YOU, AND BOOKER T AND KURT ANGLE, AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS TAKE TAKE TAKE AND NOT GIVE GIVE GIVE! STINGER, I GOT A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU AND IW ANT YOU TO LISTEN REAL GOOD - THIS ISN’T WCW, IT’S T-N-A AND I’M NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT!(Angle comes out)
Tenay - WELL, WE KNOW THERE HAD TO BE THAT POINT IN TIME WHEN ANGLE WOULD COME OUT AND CONFRONT JEFF JARRETT!
Angle - Let me get something straight, this is a SHOOT, you’re gonna have a face to face with Sting but talk to me behind my back?
Jeff - I didn’t think I would get a chance to do it tonight, but let me say this - Kurt, you know this story better than anybody. About two years ago, I had to step away due to personal family health issues, and Kurt, I hand-picked one guy to replace me, and that one guy, I knew he had the same passion, the same drive, the same mentality that I had - Kurt, THAT ONE GUY WAS YOU! KURT, I HAND-PICKED YOU TO FILL MY SHOES, AND GUESS WHAT? AS THE FOUNDER OF TNA, IT’S THE WORST DECISION I’VE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE! HOLD ON, KURT! JUST LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENED IN THIS PROCESS, AND I’M ASHAMED TO SAY IT, BUT I’M GOING TO - YOU’VE LOST YOUR FAMILY, YOUR WIFE, YOUR TNA TITLE, KURT, YOU’VE EVEN LOST YOUR PRECIOUS GOLD MEDAL! AND YOU KNOW WHAT KURT, THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE LEFT TO LOSE IS YOUR STINKING DIGNITY!
Kurt - Can I talk now? Is it my turn, BOSS!? Two years ago, you left this business because you were OVER THE HILL. EXPIRED! TWO YEARS AGO AT BOUND FOR GLORY, STING KICKED YOUR ASS! Yeah, we all know about your personal issues, but you didn’t have anymore heart, so you found another talent to fill your shoes, and what you found was a younger, better version of you and that’s Kurt Angle. FOR TWO YEARS, I CARRIED THIS COMPANY ON MY OWN! NOT JOE, NOT AJ! ME! NOT ONCE DID YOU THANK ME FOR SAVING YOUR DAMN COMPANY! YOU AND THESE FANS ARE NOTHING BUT ASSHOLES! I’M AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, I DEMAND RESPECT! YOU WANNA TRADE WORDS? Why don’t we trade punches at Bound For Glory!?
Jeff - Kurt, I came out here tonight as the founder of TNA, not as a wrestler, I have nothing left to prove.
Kurt - HANG ON THERE, BUDDY, I’M NOT DONE TALKING! Okay, you’re not a wrestler? THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF MY RING AND DON’T COME BACK! THIS RING IS FOR WRESTLERS, NOT WASHED-UP HAS-BEENS LIKE YOU, JEFF!
Jeff - Kurt, don’t push me! I’m warning you, don’t push me! CUZ YOU DON’T WANT NO PART OF THIS PAIN THAT I’VE BEEN WEARING FOR TWO YEARS! BUT…
Mick - HI KURT! Kurt, what Jeff is trying to say, it’s real it’s damn real! BANG BANG!

Screens -

The Jarrett-Mobile!

Suicide's Gonna Kill You...

the worst-looking press conference since...TNA's last one....

More screens -
YES...HE IS COMING TO TNA!

Velvet Sky beats up former NWA (TNA)/ECW World champion Rhino...

...who is then covered in an all-new KIP JAMES BAG!

The TNA debut of Mickles.

Hopefully there isn't more to the Jeff Hardy story - him being publicly intoxicated is embarrassing for WWE, although unless it gets national headlines, I wouldn't expect him to be fired for it, and he didn't violate the wellness policy due to this, nor did he make a scene, so I think that at worst, he'll be in the doghouse for a while ala MVP and perhaps get replaced in the WWE Title match, or maybe even written off of the show due to a Kozlov attack leading to a replacement opponent for HHH at the PPV. It's not like his match was going to draw much anyway, as it wasn't built up as a big deal, and it came off as a clear B-level PPV main event.

As for him losing his job being the best thing for him - it didn't work before, but perhaps it could work now since he did seem to genuinely try and better himself when he was rehired in '06. Drug problems cost him his job once before in WWE and it didn't seem to lead to much change for him - he came to TNA, did the absolute bare minimum humanly possible in most of his matches, looked horrible doing it, but was still given a regular main event slot for the first time by them, and was only fired after he no-showed a bunch of shows - and even they took forever to can him because he was their biggest mainstream draw at the time.

Losing his job there didn't seem to do much, but getting re-signed by WWE brought about a Jeff Hardy that hadn't been seen in many years - a motivated one who put on better one-on-one matches on a regular basis than he ever had before, and actually looked somewhat healthy for a change. Things were looking up before he screwed up again around Summerslam '07, and then again before WM this year. It's as if he appreciates the second chance at a WWE gig, and his first regular main eventing gig in the company, but simply can't shake his drug issues.

WWE really should just check him into rehab and tell him that they'll not only never let him work there again, but write him out of history alongside the likes of Benoit if he doesn't accept. It's a harsh punishment to throw him into the same company as a double-murderer, but a drastic step needs to be taken, and it's obvious that what they're doing now isn't enough.

I don't think that WWE is completely blameless, however, as they do send mixed messages about the wellness policy - sometimes mocking it on-air, and their mockery of Jeff's problems is something that bugs me as well. Drug addiction is a serious matter and one that has cost Jeff dearly in the past - having HHH mock him for his problems makes the company come off as incredibly crass, and touching a nerve that perhaps shouldn't be touched right now.

They did something similar with Angle and Eddie's build for WM XX, using the drug problems of Eddie's past as the focal point of it - Eddie Guerrero might've been at a place in his life where he could deal with the matter on-air - Jeff Hardy might not be, and it is possible that those kinds of cheap shots led Jeff to feel depressed and hit the sauce to deal with it. Not entirely likely, since it's not uncommon for guys to go out after shows and drink too much during dinner, but possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is really a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway. I didn't read the Smackdown spoilers, but according to his MySpace,
Gregory Helms returns tomorrow.
'Bout time.

As Diddy mentioned, it appears the Jeff Hardy news item has been blown way out of proportion.

And it boggles the mind that TNA is actually doing the Suicide gimmick for Kaz. But then again, I guess it was to be expected. After all, it is TNA.

Kaz is...CAREER SUICIDE. He was crazy over so of course the logical thing to do is pull him off TV for a few months then bring him back as a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. Absolutely brilliant, Jeff and/or Dutch.

[quote name='neocisco']Kaz is...CAREER SUICIDE. He was crazy over so of course the logical thing to do is pull him off TV for a few months then bring him back as a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. Absolutely brilliant, Jeff and/or Dutch.[/quote]

At this point, I'm waiting for TNA to have Bashir ritually sacrifice the X-Division title while riding a bicycle with cardboard airplane wings into two, giant cardboard boxes.

I don't know if it'll be aired on TV, but Jeff was on the mic talking about how happy he was sober and whatnot.. you'll see it on SmackDown.. or should, anyway. Carlito's Cabana is/was hilarious.

Undertaker vs. Show was the dark match. It was No DQ with UT picking up the win after interference.

Is it me or does everytime Velvet Sky gets in the ring the cameraman just focuses directly on her ass? Should I complain about this not really but I just wish they wouldn't get so close.

I downloaded a torrent of the "international" version of Smackdown this morning, but it's a one-hour show with no commentary??? :whistle2:s Strange. I've gotten the early Smackdown torrents before and they're usually the same as the regular broadcast!

[quote name='cdeener']Is it me or does everytime Velvet Sky gets in the ring the cameraman just focuses directly on her ass? Should I complain about this not really but I just wish they wouldn't get so close.[/QUOTE]

They've done that basically since she came into the company - at first, it was just an attempt to ape Stacy Keibler's entrance, but now...it's a bit different. Still awesome though.

Oh, and last night's two-hour episode of TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION iMPACT featured 19 minutes of wrestling. Thank goodness they've got two hours to work with so they could finally get longer matches on the show like they absolutely needed when they had just one hour...

For anyone who hasn't seen it before, the legendary Memphis New Generation video, with Bryan and Vinny of f4wonline.com doing commentary -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

The original video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH4n-2gvjRQ

Classic Memphis gayety.

More on Jeff not apparently being punished by WWE and Impact did a 1.1 rating last night.
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/6793/

Well, if nothing else, that shows that just hyping things up via the web is largely worthless as the new GREATEST ACQUISITION IN THE HISTORY OF TNA did jack shit to elevate their ratings.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I downloaded a torrent of the "international" version of Smackdown this morning, but it's a one-hour show with no commentary??? :whistle2:s Strange. I've gotten the early Smackdown torrents before and they're usually the same as the regular broadcast![/quote]

The international version is always like that, which is why a lot of people from Eastern Europe specifically download Smackdown.

[quote name='Genocidal']The international version is always like that, which is why a lot of people from Eastern Europe specifically download Smackdown.[/QUOTE]Ahaaaaaa, I see. Come to think of it, this was the first time that I downloaded a Smackdown that specifically had the word "International" in the filename. I just assumed it was the same as the other full ones I've downloaded on Friday mornings.

So where DO those early torrents of the full show come from?

Wow... Impact was really good last night. I just finished watching it.

AJ/Christian vs. MCMG was great but the highlight had to have been Jarrett shooting on his own company. He was so right. :]

Yup - TNA's so much better than WCW at putting homegrown guys over "veterans". Like the time Sting killed Christopher Daniels in seven minutes.

Some British wrestling -

Young David vs. Bernie Wright - Davey Boy's first professional match
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bc6mxp

Fit Finlay vs. "El Bandito" Orig Williams
http://www.sendspace.com/file/42o5bt

Danny Collins vs. Owen Hart (handheld, 1990-ish)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w90qw1

Gwyn Davies vs. Steve Veidor
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7fyy1

7 minutes is more than 33% of the in-ring action on the average Impact program.

That's like a Starrcade main event length match for TNA.

Okay show overall, with some boring spots. The Taker-cam segments were weird, and the Cabana wasn't exactly great, as it just established that the champions and challengers are each dorks. Shelton-R-Truth was good stuff though - they meshed well together in the ring, and I like the dynamic of the arrogant champion vs. the reformed, humble ex-con. Everything involving Kozlov ruled - he got the better of Hardy with that awesome out-of-nowhere kick, and I wasn't expecting him to get the better of HHH, since no one does, but he did. I'm looking forward to Kozlov-Khali next week, and they did about as good a job as could be expected of putting Khali over as a monster before that match.

Match-wise, nothing on this show was a classic, but both MVP-HHH and Hardy-THE Brian Kendrick were good, leaning towards great at times. MVP-HHH was kind of boring before the commercial break, with all the work on the nose, but was amusing with HHH doing MVP's taunt, and the match picked up nicely when MVP dominated HHH on offense with submissions and knees to the left arm. Hardy-Kendrick was good - I dug their mic exchange before the match, and they meshed well in the ring, as expected. The ending, with Jeff countering The Kendrick into a flash backslide for a win worked well at protecting Kendrick while still giving Hardy the win so he could go up and get kicked by Kozlov.

Quotes -
Sign - Jeff Hardy New WWE Champ!
J.R. - Tonight, the King of Kings goes one-on-one with the King of Bling!
J.R. - We’re a part of history, Tazz! This is the first time the divas title has been defended on SmackDown!
J.R. - Scott Armstrong, the third man in the ring…
Tazz - Third person, first man…
J.R. - Whatever.
Tazz - Maryse calls herself the sexiest of the sexy, you ever been called that, J.R.?
J.R. - Not that I recall, but my grandma thought I was cute until about the third grade.
Tazz - I hear ya.
J.R. - Maryse doesn’t need to sling her hair around like Paris Hilton..or somebody/
(McCool hits Angel‘s Wings)Tazz - WINGS OF LOVE!
J.R. - My favorite appetizer - biscuits and gravy!
Tazz - It looks like Jesse and Festus are getting ready to move us…
J.R. - NOT THE BUBBLE WRAP! Turn your heads!
J.R. - Word has it Kenny’s in storage.
Tazz - Can you imagine Festus moving your house? The doorbell would ring and he’d go nuts.
J.R. - Paper plates and Dixie cups would go flying out the window. I’d like to have the thing with Festus psychoanalyzed, the whole bell ringing leading to aggression.
Tazz - Don’t let the doorbell ring.
Tazz - SmackDown’s moving so Jesse and Festus are helping us move.
J.R. - They’re team players.
(as they tape Ryan Braddock)Tazz - This is nuts!
Big Show - If the Undertaker shows up here tonight, I’M GOING TO HUMBLE HIM! I’ll humble him and break him!
Vickie - I want to see the very same thing happen at No Mercy that happened at Unforgiven!
Shelton - I’m the gold standard, and my decisions have made me the hottest commodity in WWE - my opponent’s decisions landed him 13 months in prison. No one who’s made those kinds of decisions can ever be in the same league as the Gold Standard.
J.R. - I don’t think we should be exploiting R-Truth’s past…in that vein.
Tazz - Shelton thinks he’s better than everyone - thus the moniker of “the Gold Standard”/
J.R. - I like it when you use words like “moniker”>
Tazz - I’ve got some skills, yo.
J.R. - T-bone suplex…just like my partner!
Tazz - Shelton does it a little different than me.
J.R. - That wasn’t a run-of-the-mill Irish whip, that was a GOLD-PLATED Irish whip!
Helms - HURRICANE HELMS BACK ON SMACKDOWN WITH A NEWS FLASH! Apparently, the price of gold just went down!
Jeff - I’ve been In the WWE off and on for ten years, and that journey hasn’t always been a smooth one. HHH said that when I come close to the brass ring, I always miss it. He said I never get the big one, but I see that he was trying to MAKE ME BETTER! Congratulations, Game, you have made me better! And at No Mercy, I’m not goanna be reaching for a brass ring, I’M GONNA BE REACHING FOR YOUR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! Now, someone else I’d like to speak of…Vladimir Kozlov. You speak of how you’re always craving competition, and yet last week, after the four way, you struck me from behind instead of facing me like a man… When if it’s competition that you’re craving…(Kendrick comes out)
Kendrick - Jeff, you’re forgetting about somebody. Regardless of what Vladimir did to you, you got bigger fish to fry, buddy - you gotta worry about THE Brian Kendrick right now.
Jeff - Oh, you mean THE Brian Kendrick that I beat last week to become THE number one contender.
Kendrick - That was last week, in a four way - that wasn’t a good showcase for my talent. Now, unless you’ve got something better to do…like those “extracurricular activities” HHH keeps talking about…
J.R. - Jeff Hardy kept his plane in the hangar to beat THE Kendrick in a close one!
Vickie - ON YOUR KNEES, YOU FOUL CREATURE! Now, apologize! ON YOUR KNEES, KISS MY FEET AND APOLOGIZE!
Carlito - Ladies and…1.2..testing, try yours… It was great to return to SD last week, but it was even better to team with my guest tonight - my baby brother, Primo. Primo, how did it feel to score your first victory here on SmackDown last week?
Primo - I was surprised.
Carlito - Why?
Primo - IT WAS SO EASY, MAN! I thought the competition would be tougher, and we’ll win the WWE Tag Team championess… THAT WOULD BE COOL!
Carlito - Don’t steal my lines, this is my show.
Helms - WWE Tag team Champions Curt and Zack - how about Curt and Jerk? I’m just saying…
Hawkins - You two think you deserve to be champions? All you did was get lucky?
Primo - Who are these guys?
Ryder - WE’RE THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Carlito - Seriously, who are you guys.
Hawkins - CURT HAWKINS AND ZACK RYDER, THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Carltio - You’re the champions, SERIOUSLY!? If you’re really the champions, then why don’t you have a title match right here, right now, on Carlito’s Cabana!
Ryder - You’re not getting one, because you just started here.
Carltio - Well, at least people know who we are.
Hawkins - Hey, people know who were are - we used to roll with the Rated R Superstar - you ever hear of La Familia?
Primo - LA FAMILIA, YOU GUYS SPEAK SPANISH TOO!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE CANADIAN!
(Primo speaks Spanish)Carlito - Woah woah woah, basically all he said is that you’re not cool.
Hawkins - You want a title shot?
Carlito - Duh, that’s what we’ve been asking for the whole time.
Ryder - We’ll give you a shot on our tearms! That’ll be cool!
Primo - HEY, DON’T STEAL OUR LINES!
Tazz - Festus…has a palm tree in his hand…
J.R. Yes folks, there’s a large country man carrying a palm tree out of the arena. Don’t adjust your sets.
Brie - Maria, what are you doing?
Maria - Just doing some sketches.
Brie - Is it true that you made all your outfits for Playboy?
Maria - Yes.
Brie - Do you think you could make me an outfit for the ring? Maybe make a second one - a girl can never have too many.
Scotty Goldman (with paper bag puppet)- BAB BAH BAH! The Great Khali says not as good looking or talented as Scott Goldman! Sorry.
Tazz - Well, I don’t know if Khali’s gonna be BFFs with Scott Goldman now. You know what that means, right?
J.R. - Yep.
Tazz - Why, Scotty, why would you enrage the Great Khali!? WHY!?
J.R. - I don’t think Khali will be working on the hour.
Tazz - Maybe Scotty wants to go down in flames. Or maybe he enjoys pain.
J.R. - You know, I’ve read about that…
J.R. - Great Khali reminds me of my granddad’s apple orchard. His arms hang down like tree limbs and I ran into one once.
J.R. - The Great Khali never left his feet - he was never in trouble.
J.R. - If the Moscow Mauler wanted competition, then by golly, he’ll get it next week against the Great Khali!
Sign - Is Aurora Champ Yet?
J.R. - MVP etched his legacy in the WWE by being the longest-reigning U.S. champion, but now it’s time to step up to another class and go after the WWE Title.
J.R. - MVP has nothing to lose and everything to gain by beating the champion.
J.R. - HHH reminds me of a modern-day Harley Race, he’s tough and doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. And if he does, he won’t make it a second time.
(as MVP attacks HHH’s left arm)J.R. - HHH cannot afford any structural injuries before No Mercy!
J.R. - DOUBLE A-GRADED SPINEBUSTER BY HHH!
J.R. - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING - IN ONE NIGHT, VLADIMIR KOZLOV HAS PUT DOWN THE WWE CHAMPION AND THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER!

-- This past week, there was some major heat between WWE and Fighting Spirit, a magazine based out of the U.K. that covers professional wrestling as well as MMA.

In the latest issue, the magazine printed a memo sent out by WWE to members of the video gaming press covering the upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 video game. WWE wants to control how the game is portrayed in previews.

WWE told the video game press that they could not show any screenshots of the Superstars bleeding or using weapons. Additionally, WWE said in their memo that they aren't allowed to show screenshots of digital Triple H "in a defenseless or vulnerable position."

WWE was said to be furious that the memo was published (I get the magazine, so I'll post the memo in its entirety as soon as I get my copy).

Additionally, Fighting Spirit defied order by posting a screenshot of Kane hovering over a vulnerable Triple H.

According to one of those numerous plagiarism sites, this is from the Observer.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Makes you wonder, though. I've watched maybe 4-5 of the wrestler videos on IGN, and *EVERY* one of their moves or finishers in the match is done to a generic CAW. Never a roster member.

I don't think that's just coincidence.

Apparently, the figure 4 newsletter has a bit more info on it - HHH WASN'T featured in the screen with Kane towering over him, but the editors made a very close lookalike to him and did that.

[quote name='mykevermin']According to one of those numerous plagiarism sites, this is from the Observer.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Makes you wonder, though. I've watched maybe 4-5 of the wrestler videos on IGN, and *EVERY* one of their moves or finishers in the match is done to a generic CAW. Never a roster member.

I don't think that's just coincidence.[/quote]

I believe the generic guy you speak of is "Gruesome Greggy" he's one of the ign wrestling game writers (i think) and there's a video of him playing Maria. So yea it's not a roster member, but there might be a different reason why.

We all knew Super H was a raging egomaniac but this is just ridiculous. Kudos to Fighting Spirit. They should have made some goofy looking CAW to stand over The Nose. Oh, better yet, the Iron Sheik so he could fuck his ass and make him humble!

:rofl: Watching the Indians-Tigers game in the background, and I swear I'm hearing things -- turns out Travis Hafner's using John Cena's entrance music to come to the plate.

[quote name='Genocidal']:rofl: Watching the Indians-Tigers game in the background, and I swear I'm hearing things -- turns out Travis Hafner's using John Cena's entrance music to come to the plate.[/quote]
:rofl: @ Pronk

At least he's hip, right?

What's up with Sting overusing Samoa Joe's name during his promo? Is there a point behind it?

Blablablahblah, Joe. Joe, blablahblahblah, Joe.

I just picked up the Mr. Perfect set, and despite only having watched the Hall and Hennig tag match, the "Rap is Crap" video, and the "Perfect" vignettes, I've already gotten my money's worth out of it. The set starts off with a Flair set plug, which includes a lot of gorgeous entrance shots without any logos in the way, and the vignettes are...something else. They're effective debut vignettes at first, and then morph into being incredibly homoerotic the second the Genius shows up in them, as he tends to stare longingly at the um...perfect package.

Edit - I've watched some of disc 2, and Mick and Cole's commentary on Hennig-Taylor from Wrestlefest '88 is fantastic. It's also interesting to see Henning in his AWA gear in a WWF ring. Hennig-Von Erich has a funny moment on commentary when Jimmy Hart extols the greatness of Perfect for not reaching for the ropes when he could, but then gets caught when Perfect actually does it. The line is "WHAT COURAGE, LOOK, ALL HE HAS TO DO IS REACH OUT AND GRAB THE ROPE! Which...he did...".

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What's up with Sting overusing Samoa Joe's name during his promo? Is there a point behind it?

Blablablahblah, Joe. Joe, blablahblahblah, Joe.[/quote]

I remember a Brock Lesnar bit in the ring with Paul Heyman on Smackdown where Brock must've said Paul's name at least 15 times.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I remember a Brock Lesnar bit in the ring with Paul Heyman on Smackdown where Brock must've said Paul's name at least 15 times.[/quote]
It pretty much ruined Stings promo for me. I don't know if you saw it, but he must have said Joe's name twenty times. Literally, after every statement, he said Joe's name. I was cracking up by the end of it.

"Joe" being said all the time is annoying, but I'm more annoyed by "RESPECT!" being yelled loudly by oh... EVERY HUMAN BEING ON IMPACT! That Sting video package they played this week ran about 45 seconds and said the word what felt like 100 times. Ridiculous.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']"Joe" being said all the time is annoying, but I'm more annoyed by "RESPECT!" being yelled loudly by oh... EVERY HUMAN BEING ON IMPACT! That Sting video package they played this week ran about 45 seconds and said the word what felt like 100 times. Ridiculous.[/quote]
There's really no excuse for writing that poor. It's terrible.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What's up with Sting overusing Samoa Joe's name during his promo? Is there a point behind it?

Blablablahblah, Joe. Joe, blablahblahblah, Joe.[/quote]

"Joe" to Sting is like "Ya'll" to Britney Spears. I expect Sting to shave his head bald in upcoming weeks and rename the Scorpion Death Drop to the Exposed Vagina.

[quote name='Chase']"Joe" to Sting is like "Ya'll" to Britney Spears. I expect Sting to shave his head bald in upcoming weeks and rename the Scorpion Death Drop to the Exposed Vagina.[/quote]
:rofl: I guess it'll make his character less stale. That's something, right?

...Right?

[quote name='Chase']"Joe" to Sting is like "Ya'll" to Britney Spears. I expect Sting to shave his head bald in upcoming weeks and rename the Scorpion Death Drop to the Exposed Vagina.[/QUOTE]

Vince Russo? 'Sat you?

I was flipping through an issue of ESPN the Magazine from late last year, and they had an excerpt from A.J. Styles talking about the TNA game, and he says something along the lines of this:

"WWE doesn't let their guys do piledrivers. We have a guy who does a flipping piledriver. Dude, that's how crazy we are."

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']I was flipping through an issue of ESPN the Magazine from late last year, and they had an excerpt from A.J. Styles talking about the TNA game, and he says something along the lines of this:

"WWE doesn't let their guys do piledrivers. We have a guy who does a flipping piledriver. Dude, that's how crazy we are."[/QUOTE]

I remember reading the same thing.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I remember reading the same thing.[/quote]

Yeah, they also keep signing Sting and Nash who contribute bascially nothing to TNA. That's really how crazy they are.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, they also keep signing Sting and Nash who contribute bascially nothing to TNA. That's really how crazy they are.[/quote]
Seriously. If they used the younger guys that they have correctly, they would have an excellent promotion on their hands. By keeping the washed up guys around like Sting and Nash who contribute nothing at all, they're simply holding down their younger guys. Granted, that's only skimming the top of TNA's problems, but it's a pretty big part.

There's nothing wrong with using older guys, so long as those older guys are willing to put their egos aside for the betterment of the company and younger talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back