The Killer Kowalski Memorial (and George Steele) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chasemurata']And Demoman, you current sig is glorious. That's how I picture Jericho in my mind now. And that's a good thing. :D[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not.... its animated. :lol:

I keep getting Shelton Benjamin's old theme stuck in my head. But only the first line.

"Ain't no stoppin' me nooooooooo!"

Oh, meant to post this earlier but my aunt apparently met John Morrison this past week. She works at a massage therapy clinic and he came in for his appointment, she had no idea who he was, apparently a few of her co-workers did and proceeded to talk to him and such. According to her he was a very stand up guy, talking to them and just very polite. Just thought I'd drop that out there.

Unfortunately the marker bled through more than I anticipated, so no THE Brian Kendrick signage tonight. :whistle2:(
Predictions:

Priceless def. Cryme Tyme to retain
HBK def. Jericho (in what I hope is a hell of a match)
McCool def. Maryse to retain
Punk pins JBL to retain
Matt Hardy pins Chavo to win the ECW Championship
MVP pins Jeff Hardy to win the WWE Championship

Someone makes the save of Vickie to set up a new feud for the Undertaker.

Edit: Since when do we have to use HTML and not just whitespace for blank lines?

I'm very tempted to order Unforgiven, just for the WWE Championship match. If either MVP, Kendrick, or perhaps even Shelton win, I'll be a very happy camper.

Not really relevant to anything, but I found it interesting that MSN had a link up to a story on the Hulkster's net worth:

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Hulk Hogan and his estranged wife are wrangling over how much money the celebrity wrestler is worth.
According to financial affidavits filed in divorce court near Tampa, Florida, Hogan claims his net worth is $32 million; his wife claims it's $26.7 million.
Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, reports that he's spending $38,000 a month on legal fees. Linda Bollea reports spending $7,000 on clothing, $7,500 on maid service and about $1,700 on jewelry each month.
The couple's quarreling over money comes as their son, Nick, is serving an eight-month jail sentence for causing a traffic crash that left a passenger permanently disabled.

That's actually a suprising number to me, figured it would've been under $20 million.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You guys ever have random wrestler's themes pop into your head for no apparent reason? I was reading news online a few minutes ago and Tracy Brooks's current TNA theme just popped into my head. I'm not even a Tracy Brooks fan...[/quote]

Benoit's theme. I never got tired of it, for some reason.

Kane wins the Raw title
Triple H retains
Mark Henry retains
Crime Time wins, and completes the circle of making Rhodes/DiBiase look like chumps every moment they're on tv.

Don't care to call HBK/Jericho, but I'm willing to bet it'll be like Undertake/Angle from NWO 2006; a PPV match that's legendary, but the outcome doesn't really matter because the wresting is so good.

The kind of match you can order a PPV for.

Punk Retains (although I'm pulling for Kane, he never wins shit)
Hardy Wins (although I'm pulling for Finlay)
Trips Retains (although I hope MVP wins)

McCool/Maryse is the very definition of filler. McCool should be wrestling someone with, oh what's it called? Oh yeah...ability.

Are there only 6 matches announced? 3 titles, HBK/Jericho, filler and tag belts?

[quote name='cdubb1605']Oh, meant to post this earlier but my aunt apparently met John Morrison this past week. She works at a massage therapy clinic and he came in for his appointment, she had no idea who he was, apparently a few of her co-workers did and proceeded to talk to him and such. According to her he was a very stand up guy, talking to them and just very polite. Just thought I'd drop that out there.[/quote]

He seems like a happy ending kind of guy.

[quote name='neocisco']Are there only 6 matches announced? 3 titles, HBK/Jericho, filler and tag belts?[/QUOTE]

Yep. My guess:

8:00 - 8:03 Intro

8:03 - 8:12 Tag Titles

8:20 - 8:43 ECW Title

8:48 - 8:55 "divas"

9:00 - 9:30 Raw Title

9:38 - 10:04 HBK/Jericho

10:10 - 10:40 Smackdown Title

Now, I know they're called the "World Heavyweight Championship" and the "WWE Championship," but let's be honest. They're generic, nondescript names that only fools and those who succumb to crappy corporate branding use. It's "The Big Gold Belt" and "That Damned Spinner," as far as I'm concerned. I do wish Triple H would bring back the style of belt that was used before the spinner (like what Lesnar and Guerrero wore as champs). Modern, but classic. Though I'm partial to the two "winged eagle" belts and their art deco look.

Unforgiven predictions -
Priceless over Cryme Tyme - Priceless needs to be rebuilt as a serious act, and should hold the gold at least until the Orton faction gets going - Cryme Tyme wearing the gold on Raw was a nice hint that they won't be winning this one.
McCool over Maryse - no reason to change the title right now
Jericho over HBK after some interference from Cade
Matt Hardy pins the Miz to score the final pin and win the ECW Title
MVP gets the final pin over Shelton to get even for the pin on SD to win the WWE Title and defend it against a parade of face challengers like Hardy, 'Taker, and HHH over the next few months.
Punk gets the final pin over JBL for the World title

More on Christian possibly coming back to WWE -
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1002693.shtml

This part -
"He'd be at the top of my list (of TNA free agents)," said one WWE official.
gives me some hope that Christian will be used really well if he comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unforgiven Predicts:

Priceless over Cryme Tyme
McCool over Maryse
HBK over Jericho
Matt Hardy pins Miz to win ECW
Jeff Hardy pins Shelton to win WWE Champ
Punk pins JBL to retain

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Unforgiven predictions -
Priceless over Cryme Tyme - Priceless needs to be rebuilt as a serious act, and should hold the gold at least until the Orton faction gets going - Cryme Tyme wearing the gold on Raw was a nice hint that they won't be winning this one.
McCool over Maryse - no reason to change the title right now
Jericho over HBK after some interference from Cade
Matt Hardy pins the Miz to score the final pin and win the ECW Title
MVP gets the final pin over Shelton to get even for the pin on SD to win the WWE Title and defend it against a parade of face challengers like Hardy, 'Taker, and HHH over the next few months.
Punk gets the final pin over JBL for the World title

More on Christian possibly coming back to WWE -
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1002693.shtml

This part - gives me some hope that Christian will be used really well if he comes back.[/QUOTE]For me, Christian really came into his own during his singles feud with Jericho (around WrestleMania XX). I remember just feeling like he had his character DOWN during all the backstage segments surrounding that angle. His sheer dickishness was awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc80hzXYgAE&feature=related

According to the weekly wrestling column on www.news-journalonline.com, the columnist was sent word that former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Justin Credible is now working as a cook at the Olive Garden in Waterbury, Connecticut. He's apparently a breadstick baker.

After falling by the wayside on the Raw brand, WWE released Credible in early 2003. Credible returned to WWE in 2006 for the revival of ECW but was let go once again within a few months. During his time away from the mainstream scene, Credible worked at a Target department store according to numerous sources.

:rofl: Just goes to show how far one can fall. Although I guess being a former ECW & WWE Hardcore Champ never really accounted for squat.

Tonight's Predictions:

Priceless over Cryme Tyme
Mark Henry Retains the ECW Strap
CM Punk Retains the Raw Strap
MVP Wins the WWE Strap by pinning Shelton
HBK over Jericho (Jericho won first, so this is HBK's turn)

What I'd rather happen:
Priceless over CT, with help from Orton. Forms the new Evolution.
Matt Hardy pins Miz to win ECW Strap
Jeff Hardy pins MVP to win WWE Strap
CM Punk retains after the title *DOES NOT* swap hands ONCE (solidify him as a never-can-die Champ)
Jericho over HBK (Simply because this would set up a Jericho / CM Punk feud where Jericho takes the strap off him at either No Mercy or Survivor Series, which leads to Jericho dropping it to Cena, which leads to Orton Vs Cena for the strap at WM25).

Credible was way nice to me when I met him at the Pillman show in 2001. Either he never made much money in wrestling (c'mon, working in ECW is probably on the same payscale as the Olive Garden), or he just didn't save properly.

I can't say it's sad where he's at (things could be much worse than working at Olive Garden), but I hope he's happy.

[quote name='mykevermin']Credible was way nice to me when I met him at the Pillman show in 2001. Either he never made much money in wrestling (c'mon, working in ECW is probably on the same payscale as the Olive Garden), or he just didn't save properly.

I can't say it's sad where he's at (things could be much worse than working at Olive Garden), but I hope he's happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the ECW payrate was worse than being an Olive Garden cook. At least their checks don't bounce.

Hopefully he saved a decent amount from his WWE days and now he's just working to keep busy / amass enough to retire safely. That and I hope he's still wrestling in the indy's. He might have not been one of the greats, but he was decent.

I bet working at Olive Garden is better than working in ECW, as at least he has, or will have, health care and benefits.

[quote name='lmz00']I tried calling to order Unforgiven, but apparently RCN closes at 6:30 on Sundays, so I can't. Oh well.[/quote]

You should just watch the stream.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']You should just watch the stream.[/quote]
I'll have no choice but to, although I'd much rather watch it on a 52" TV than a 14" computer screen.

That link isn't working, either. :'(

[quote name='Matt Young']The stream I linked to looks like the intro to Malcolm in the Middle.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit Bret Hart is putting the sharpshooter on Benoit?!

Sorta weird to hear about Justin Credible. I just wish he worked at a restaurant with less annoying commercials. He was a decent ECW champ but prior to that, his summer feud (1998? I'm not looking it up now) with Jerry Lynn was just incredible.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Mark Henry now in. He just pinned....... Matt Hardy.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this means Matt will win in the end.

EDIT: I love you, Purp.

Finally after an eternally long Mark Henry bearhug to Matt Hardy... Finlay enters in.

Then Finlay/Hardy toss Henry out. Only for Finlay to pin.... Matt Hardy.

THEN MATT HARDY PINNED THE MIZ!!!!!

I'll keep posting updates if you guys want them in this post.... you folks want me to spoiler them or just post them as is?

Priceless wins over Cryme Tyme to retain the WWE Tag Titles. New member of Cryme Tyme... some fat guy.

HBK wins over Jericho.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be spoilers posted by someone. It's a live show. You'd better avoid the thread totally if you don't want to know the results. It's inevitable.

Chase I can hear the audio but the video is frozen. Is this the website or something on my end? Also the also stops every 10 seconds or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back