The Killer Kowalski Memorial (and George Steele) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']Why do I get the feeling that that image violates about three dozen WWE copyrights?[/quote]

I'm not sure they copyrighted "Have a nice day" or the barbwire smiley face. But I'm pretty sure WWE did release a shirt with the smiley face wrapped in barbwire, although it didn't look like that.

[quote name='Matt Young']After being evaluated by doctors, Shawn Michaels triceps injury will not require surgery.
He has been cleared to wrestle this Sunday at WWE Unforgiven PPV according to WWE. com.
Michaels commented on his injury: "Before the MRI my doctor was 99.9 percent sure that I had a full tear of my triceps and that I would experience bruising, swelling and a loss of my range of motion. Through the power of prayer, none of those things happened and I am ready for Unforgiven.[/quote]Best news this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW9zkRfvlVA

Hmm. I am surprised I didn't see this earlier.

Well, Sid is in good shape for his age and he appears to have aged well. :whistle2:k

But really, I would prefer WWE to focus on building towards the future (see: a significant portion of their present, big-name stars being injured). I would only support his return if it lead to progressive opportunities for younger talent.

Perhaps CM Punk can build his image by facing off in a feud against Sid? I dunno.

[quote name='mykevermin']Why do I get the feeling that that image violates about three dozen WWE copyrights?[/QUOTE]

If it violated any WWE trademarks, they wouldn't have put it up. If they do anything that does violate what WWE owns, then they'll get a legal letter (like when they referenced THE DUDLEYS on Impact).

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']If it violated any WWE trademarks, they wouldn't have put it up. If they do anything that does violate what WWE owns, then they'll get a legal letter (like when they referenced THE DUDLEYS on Impact).[/QUOTE]

Holy cow. You mean WWE is litigious!?!?

I never would have guessed.

Why do I get the feeling that people don't know how to read properly into the phrase "why do I get the feeling..."?

EDIT: Huh. Sid does look good for his age. But he didn't deserve the WWF belt when he got it 12-13 years ago, nor the WCW belt 8 years ago. If he was hired on to put some guys over and help build talent, I'd hire him as a "maybe." But if he wants to "show he can still go" or get "another run with the belt," I wouldn't take a chance on him. His fickle attitude has shown him to be worse than Raven in terms of reliability. Raven just turns into the laziest wrestler of all time when it sinks into his genius brain that he's not getting a push. Sid just goes home to play softball. So if he has any delusions of grandeur in his hillbilly head, I wouldn't dare take a chance on him.

[quote name='chasemurata']Yep! He wrestled Kendo Kashin and Necro Butcher. It sounds like an interesting mix. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Never heard of Kashin but Necro vs. RVD? Too sweet... let me know if you find that cuz I'm definitely trying to check that out.

Gail Kim surprising update......

[quote name='Wade Keller @ PWTorch']PWTorch has learned that Gail Kim has personally reached out to Dixie Carter to see if a deal can be struck for her to return to TNA after all. As PWTorch has reported in multiple instances over the past week, friends have said she felt terrible about leaving TNA, but felt she had to because WWE's offer was at least triple what TNA's supposed final offer was.

Kim did reportedly meet with WWE officials, but has been hestitant to sign a deal with WWE due to her happiness with working for TNA - other than the lowball offer she was given.

From what we understand, neither Kim nor Dixie Carter were happy with the way TNA reps and Kim's reps (lawyers and/or agent) handled the negotiations, and both have decided to at least see if a return could be worked out.

Carter has asked some tough questions to people within TNA lately whom she trusted to handle this part of the business well; there are indications she felt out of the loop and wanted to try to make the situation right.

Keller's Analysis: It's good that TNA may be able to make this situation right. Kim badly wanted to stay with TNA and, as we reported, had to be talked into the only dignified move - walking away from TNA's insultingly lowball offer considering the hard numbers of what she's drawn in her matches on Impact (usually the ighest rated of each show she's on) and her popularity behind the scenes and the respect her colleagues have for her. I've also heard there was a backlash among several TNA wrestlers - women and men - that TNA didn't pay her due respect with a fair-minded renewal offer.[/quote]

Her last match with Kong was all the necessary evidence that she is a great asset to TNA. Hopefully she and Dixie can get the leeches out of the way and work out a good deal.

Here ya go, Courageous! :mrgreen:

2z5qg6p.jpg

I'm glad to hear that Gail and TNA might be able to work things out - the knockouts division would suffer greatly without her, as she was often the glue that held its matches together. Plus, I really do doubt that WWE would properly utilize her in-ring skills. She's probably be relegated to the Victoria role of solid wrestler who is only used to make the green chicks look good, or at best, given a divas title push, which would basically mean nothing.

Yeah, definitely sounds like WWE ended up offering her way less they originally told her. At the very least, she was honest about it revolving around money, which I appreciate.

Odd, though, since you'd think that WWE would be petty enough to make sure they kept her, especially with the Foley announcement.

Seems McMahon was pissed enough that Foley left for TNA, that he ordered Foley removed from the WWE Legends of Wrestlemania video game. Hope Foley isn't on the same McMahon shit list that Macho Man is, otherwise no HoF induction.

Wow. I'm both surprised and not surprised. I don't think this would mean that Foley's in the same boat as Macho Man, though. I mean, Jeff Hardy went to TNA, then came back.

The difference is that Jeff Hardy was released from the WWE for drug abuse and no shows. Foley left due to being unhappy so he took his ball and went to TNA.

Now for some laughs today....

cookie_hold.jpg

20kac8z.jpg

[quote name='tangytangerine']Seems McMahon was pissed enough that Foley left for TNA, that he ordered Foley removed from the WWE Legends of Wrestlemania video game. Hope Foley isn't on the same McMahon shit list that Macho Man is, otherwise no HoF induction.[/QUOTE]

Source please. That's bullshit, not because I care about Foley, but because I care about the game I want to play.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Seems McMahon was pissed enough that Foley left for TNA, that he ordered Foley removed from the WWE Legends of Wrestlemania video game. Hope Foley isn't on the same McMahon shit list that Macho Man is, otherwise no HoF induction.[/QUOTE]
Well, Macho Man claims to have had sex with Stephanie McMahon when she was 16... so I doubt that Foley is on the same shitlist.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']That cookie monster pic is pure gold.[/quote]

Indeed. Demoman, that's gold. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Source please. That's bullshit, not because I care about Foley, but because I care about the game I want to play.[/quote]

:rofl:

Hahaha... I laugh because I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='Brak']Well, Macho Man claims to have had sex with Stephanie McMahon when she was 16... so I doubt that Foley is on the same shitlist.[/quote]

WHAA?!?!? I've never seen that mentioned before.

Also, just read a report that management isn't happy with MVP because he made derogatory comment to on of the people who watches wrestlers submit their urine. I'm hoping this doesn't affect his rise to the Main Event.

[quote name='mykevermin']Source please. That's bullshit, not because I care about Foley, but because I care about the game I want to play.[/quote]

Wrestling Observer newsletter, here's the exact quote:

While sources have stated that Foley was on better terms with Vince McMahon when his deal expired this week, McMahon ordered to have Foley pulled from the new THQ "Legends of WrestleMania" video game. There was also a lot of talk about if Foley going to TNA will kill any chances of him being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the future. While the feeling is that he won't be put in while he is on TV for the opposition, most are certain he will be put in down the line when the company is scrambling for top names to put in and that he may have already left the business for a few years by that point.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wrestling Observer newsletter, here's the exact quote:[/QUOTE]

Well, that saves me the money of having to buy it on principle.

Unless they have Razor Ramon and Demolition in the game, then I'll wait for it to drop in price.

I've been without internet and cable for a week, so I haven't had the time to update the thread with better Kowalski stuff.

On another note, PWG held a show over the weekend that saw The Young Bucks defeat The Age Of The Fall to become PWG Tag Team Champions. It also saw Eddie Kingston shoot on Chris Hero following the 4-way dance with a rear-naked choke that ended with Hero throwing "fighting for my life" headbutts to Kingston in an effort to bust up the nose of King and escape. In the end, Hero ended up legit breaking a microphone over the head of Kingston and Kingston begging PWG staff to let him come back.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, that saves me the money of having to buy it on principle.

Unless they have Razor Ramon and Demolition in the game, then I'll wait for it to drop in price.[/quote]

Razor was one of my favorite wrestler growing up. Him + videogame always makes me think of Wrestlemania the Arcade Game "Nobody. Messes. With. The Bad Guy!"

No Impact comments? It's been good so far. I marked out when Shane Sewell (who is jacked!) took out Sheik Abdul Bashir. It was a great moment. I never expected that from the ref. Apparently, he wrestles as "Glamour Boy Shane" and used to team with Val Venis in Puerto Rico.

Why did they make Bashir look like a bitch, at the expense of putting over a ref? That shit was awfully corny.

Tastelessness in Bashir's promo ("I don't mind torturing innocent civilians") and a racist caricature of a Japanese accent not done so poorly since Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" have made me swear off of TNA.

I mean, not that I'd been watching anyway; there are better heels giving promos at the RNCC.

[quote name='mykevermin']The same thing was happening with McCain's speech.

Ho HO![/QUOTE]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

I guess that would apply to Brak's post, as well. What I said; not the McCain joke.

[quote name='Brak']Well, Macho Man claims to have had sex with Stephanie McMahon when she was 16... so I doubt that Foley is on the same shitlist.[/QUOTE]

Show me where he said he had sex with her when she was 16.

Savage left in '94 when Steph was 18, so if he did bang her when she was 16, they kept a lid on it for a few years. The only public comments I've ever seen Savage make were when he was "calling out" (OOOOH) Triple H on a Youtube video from a year or two ago, and then he was just talking about how he was going to "take her away from him" or some other nonsense.

That rumor has always reeked of bullshit, the only factor that keeps me from dismissing it completely is during Gorgeous George's (the stripper, not the dead guy) shoot interview, she said Randy wanted to screw her underage sister while they were together.

There's something underlying Macho Man's virtual nonexistence from WWE archive footage.

I don't know that I believe a bit of the Stephanie claim, but whatever it is, it's gotta be good and fuckin' tawdry.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's something underlying Macho Man's virtual nonexistence from WWE archive footage.

I don't know that I believe a bit of the Stephanie claim, but whatever it is, it's gotta be good and fuckin' tawdry.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing that he is mostly stricken from the record when it comes to history (the cancellation of his DVD set being the most recent example), but then again it's odd how every once in a while he's just thrown in there unexpectedly. That history video set to the Kid Rock song had him in it.

Impact thoughts -
This show largely sucked - it built up nothing for the PPV (which is just 1 1/2 weeks away) aside from adding the fourth guy to the PPV main event, and stating that the Lethal-Dutt match (which wasn't referenced outside of the card preview) is now a "Ladder of Love" match. Oh, and Bashir may face a referee. NO BUYS!~

This did a much better job of hyping up the Impact game, which came off as much more important than the PPV, and was shown in a bunch of hilarious ways - both intentional and unintentional. Storm saying he's too drunk to play games - fine, intentional comedy. Roode stating that the game will sell millions, Brother Ray appearing to be thinner than AJ in the game, and Roode-Shark Boy footage from the game being put side-by-side after a match that DW said wasn't supposed to have Shark Boy in it to begin with, DW saying it's the game WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, and Kurt Angle RUNNING WILD at Gamestop in an ad claiming that the game has "all the wrestlers" - uninentional comedy gold.

The old vs. new guard stuff annoyed me throughout the show - each side just keeps repeating the same things, and the only part of it I liked was AJ's passion. Otherwise, the young guys just came off as a bunch of whiners, including Joe, who really complains a lot for a guy called THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE FORCE IN WRESTLING TODAY according to the PPV ad. That led me to think he'd be kicking ass, instead of whining. Then getting his ass kicked. The main event talking segment was effective - it got over Jarrett's return fairly well, and allowed Sting to express gratitude at the fans for not booing him.

ODB's bathroom skit was incredibly stupid, but I'm sure whoever wrote it loved it to death. I didn't like her trying to take off Raisha's face covering, and I really didn't like the announcers just calling it "a mask" - it made them and the company come off as incredibly ignorant. Bashir's promo about 9/11 bothered me in a similar manner, and I'm not a fan of his theme starting with the sound of a plane soaring overhead - the timing of them starting that, weeks before 9/11's seventh anniversary, is incredibly crass.

The Prince Justice Brotherhood-Beer Money match was full of comedy. Aside from the side-by-side thing after the match, they had the announcers act like Shark Boy had no idea he would be in this match and that it was announced as Super Eric teaming with Curry Man - which wasn't the case. All they did was show a "Beer Money, Inc. vs. PJB (not PB&J like I'd originally thought when I saw that graphic - which wouldn't been a more amusing match) graphic never specifying which part of the geek squad would wrestle. Lance and Rave LEAVING THEIR MARK on Curry Man got a chuckle out of me - thank goodness they cut away from that, but not before going to an upskirt shot of Christy.

AJ-Cage was good, but not very memorable aside from a few sequences in the match (like the leaping forearm>roll through from AJ>flying corkscrew elbow from Cage). Aside from the opening segment, which was executed fairly well by all involved, but dragged on and barely mentioned this match, there wasn't much mention of it on the show beyond it being the focus of one of a thousand video packages on the show. It didn't have much of a "main event feel" to it, but it was a good TV match I think it would've come off better if the video used to hype it up hadn't gotten lost in the shuffle during the show since there was so much history between (which TNA, to their credit, did a good job of explaining in about a minute).

The quick Beautiful People skits were amusing, and Kip as their sidekick is awesome so far. Hopefully they don't overexpose this group next week during the First Annual Beautiful People Beauty Pageant - TNA has a tendency to do that, and I hope that it doesn't come off as a cheap rendition of a tired, years-old WWE skit because Love and Sky deserve better than that.

Bashir-Creed seemed like a waste - for one thing, Bashir should not be eating so much offense from a ref, even if this is obviously leading to a wrestler vs. "ref" match in the future. For another, there was no need to have the restart happen so quickly - within SECONDS of DW stating that the ref simply didn't see the feet on the rope and couldn't call it, the match was restarted. Why? Because the fans are SUPER CONVINCING. Hell of a ref - he'll just listen to what fans say instead of...looking at footage.

I think a Wendy's ad opening with Wendy next to an "I heart bacon" sign airing immediately after the wacky Abyss history video full of barb wire was my favorite moment of the show. I think a Wendy's ad opening with Wendy next to an "I heart bacon" sign airing immediately after the wacky Abyss history video full of barb wire was my favorite moment of the show. After a few weeks of good shows that gave time to matches, this week's installment came off as yet another Impact with too little wrestling, way too much going on at once, leading to a lot of stuff being rushed, and nothing having any lasting impact because of it.

Quotes for the STING VS. THE FANS edition of Impact -
Tenay - It was last week when Kurt Angle TOOK ADVANTAGE OF FRICTION between Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe!
Tenay - One would expect Kurt Angle to address his title match, as well as Sting’s biting comments about much of TNA’s young roster!
Angle - Joe, you’re looking at a portrait of what a REAL WORLD CHAMPION IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE! - Kurt Angle and Booker T - we carry ourselves with dignity, honor, and respect! I would never speak on Sting’s behalf, but everything he said was directed TOWARDS YOU - you are a disgrace towards the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
Booker - Kurt is right on the money, Joseph. You see, when Sting spoke last week, he spoke the troof! He spoke the troof about today’s wrestlers - a bunch of spoiled blats! Who want everything and who earn NOTHING! What you see here is two champions! Not only two champions, two disguised gentlemen! And the way I see it, Joe, at No Surrenda, the world title will be decided two gentlemen and that is Kurt Angle and myself! The ol-fashioned way - man to mane, face to face like two champions should!
Angle - I couldn’t agree with you anymore, Booker T. At NS, it’s gonna go like this - we’re gonna take the winner of Cage-Styles and take him out, then we’re gonna find that hick and stick that guitar straight up his ass. Then Joe, we’re gonna humiliate you like the punk you are! IT’S REAL, IT’S DAMN REAL!
Cage - I d on’t really mean to interrupt, but I couldn’t help it. Kurt, I just want to set the record straight - you’re not gonna have to worry about AJ, because you’re looking at the man who’s going to qualify! AJ is the future of this business, AJ and I have had our problems, but we’ve patched those up - this is about NO SURRENDER, IN MY BACKYARD! This is about the main event at No Surrender, while you’re worried about the politics, you see distracted, and I hope you are - because while you’re worried about that, I’ll be considering being a 3-tiem world champion!
Booker - WAIT A DAMN MINUTE, WHAT DA HELL YOU TALKING BOUT! YOU AIN’T NOTHING BUT A POO-PUTT! Looka-here, you talking about how you roll, lemme tell ya something, you need to be rolling with this right here! Look man, these young guys ain’t showed us nuffin! They ain’t shown Booker T - the Royal T - no respect ‘round here!
Cage - Hang on before you blow a gasket Whoopie Goldberg, is it really about the lack of respect, or Booker, are you just worried about losing YOUR SPOT!
Angle - You want to be a superhero? Go ahead. I’ll make this simple - we can do this the easy way, or we can do it THE HARD WAY! It’s your choice!
Cage - It’s my choice - that depends, what’s the hard way?
Tenay - LOOKS LIKE WE’RE ABOUT TO SEE THE DEFINITION OF THE HARD WAY FROM KURT ANGLE! HE’S REMOVING HIS JACKET!
Tenay - THINK OF THE IRONY OF THIS, AJ STYLES, HIS OPPONENT TONIGHT, IS THE ONE WHO JUST SAVED HIS BUTT!
Angle - HOW ABOUT ME AND BOOKER T MAKE SURE NEITHER ONE OF YOU MAKE IT TO NO SURRENDER!
Cornette - NOT SO FAST KURT, I THINK THESE PEOPLE DESERVE TO SEE CAGE AND AJ WITHOUT YOU TWO STICKING YOUR NOSES IN IT! IF YOU BOOKER T, OR YOU KURT ANGLE, INTERFERE, BOTH OF YA LOSE YOUR SPOT IN THE FOUR WAYS TO GLORY!
Tenay - THAT’S JIM CORNETTE OF TNA MANAGEMENT!
DW - GOOD CALL!
Tenay - HE JUST WARNED THEM THAT IF THEY INTERFERE IN AJ AND CAGE’S MATCH TONIGHT, THEY WILL LOSE THEIR SPOT AT FOUR WAYS TO GLORY!
DW - TO THE BACK WITH JB!
Joe - Sting, you want my respect? EARN IT! YOU’VE NEVER DONE THAT IN TNA! YOU TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET, THE WRESTLERS’ POCKETS, AND THE FANS’ POCKETS WHO PAY TO SEE YOU WRESTLE!
Creed - I want to learn everything I can - from the X division guys, the veterans, and even the caterers.
Bashir - I’M THE VICTIM - when I came here, Lady America gave me everything, but I earned an ungodly amount of success. A few years ago, a horrible terrorist attack happened that I had no knowledge of, and with it, America took everything away from me. You tell Lady America that I don’t love her anymore!
Tenay - We knew about Creed’s athletic skills, but THANKS TO THE ROUGH CUT SEGMENTS, WE KNOW SO MUCH MORE ABOUT HIS MORAL FIBER!
DW - Bashir’s just moaned and bitched to everyone, so now he’s got a shot to get an X division title shot.
Tenay - Watch GT TV tomorrow at 1 AM for info about THE FIRST DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTER, AND A TERRIFYING NEW CHARACTER IN THE STORY MODE! (Who is Suicide? Graphic pops up)
DW - NEXT WEEK, THE TNA VIDEO GAME IMPACT IS RELEASED! IT’S AN EXCITING TIME TO BE HERE IN TNA!
Tenay - THE SHEIK HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT WINNING THE X DIVISION TITLE AND HE JUST TOOK A HUGE STEP!
DW - BASHIR PUT HIS FEET ON THE ROPES, BUT THE REF DIDN’T SEE IT! THE FANS ARE PLEADING, BUT THE REF’S DECISION IS FINAL!
(seconds later)DW - THE FANS WERE OBVIOUSLY SUPER-CONVINCING - THE REFEREE RESTARTED THE MATCH!
DW - OH, HE JUST SLAPPED THE REFEREE SHANE SOOL IN THE FACE! I CAN’T BELIEVE THE ARROGANCE OF THIS GUY!
DW - WAIT A MINUTE, SHANE SOOL HAS HAD ENOUGH! HE’S SLAPPING HIM, CHOPPING HIM! WHAT A BACKDROP!
Tenay - HE JUST CLOTHESLINED THE SHEIK OVER THE TOP ROPE!
JB - Last week, Kevin, you didn’t control your temper…
Nash - I know…I fractured a 6 month relationship. I don’t know if I’ll ever get that back. Last week, there was a lot of truth in what Sting said.
Roode - IT HAS JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED THAT BEER MONEY ARE THE LAST TWO CHARACTERS IN THE TNA IMPACT VIDEO GAME! THEY SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!
Storm - I don’t play video games - I drink too much to play video games…
Roode - You don’t get it…ROYALTIES!
Storm - Like the Queen of England?
Roode - NO, THIS GAME IS GONNA SELL MILLIONS!
Super Eric - I’m gonna make sure that you get pulled from the IMPACT VIDEO GAME!
Curry Man - Roode, I’m a rich man in Japan, and Mr. Storm, I love sake.
Storm - You suck what?
Tenay - TONIGHT, ABYSS WRESTLES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SIX MONTHS!
(during game ad)Ad Guy - WRESTLING SO REAL, YOU FEEL THE PAIN!
Velvet - Next week, Taylor Wilde, beating you isn’t enough - we’re going to humiliate you! It’s gonna be you versus Angelina Love in a knockout beauty pageant!
DW - THIS HAS JUST GOTTEN BIZARRE - SHARK BOY DOESN’T KNOW WHERE CURRY MAN IS!
Tenay - BOY, IT LOOKS LIKE CURRY MAN HAS HIS HANDS FULL WITH CHRISTY HEMME AFTER WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK WITH CHRISTY HEMME AND CURRY MAN!
DW - Shark Boy is out of sync, he wasn’t planning on being in this match - it was supposed to be Super Eric and Curry Man!
Tenay - LANCE ROCK AND JIMMY RAVE JUST LEFT THEIR MARK ON CURRY MAN!
Tenay - SUPER ERIC’S NOT GONNA TAKE NO FROM EARL HEBNER AS AN ANSWER!
(during the replay with the Payoff in the game and on the show)DW - LOOK AT HOW THE VIDEO GAME MIRRORS THE ACTION ON THE SHOW!
DW - IT’S THE VIDEO GAME WE’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR - IT’S TNA IMPACT!!
Ray - THE WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT YOU WERE ON KAREN’S ANGLE LAST WEEK AND CHALLENGED ANYONE - I ACCEPT, MY BROTHER DEVON ACCEPTS! HARDCORE MATCH, AND WE ACCEPT THIS MATCH ON BEHALF OF JOHNNY DEVINE!
Tenay - AT THE INSTITUTION, HE WAS TOLD THAT CHRIS PARK WAS A GOOD PERSON, BUT HE SAID THAT ABYSS WAS STILL A PART OF HIM!
(in the men’s room)ODB - HERE COMES SAEED, AND HERE COMES KONG! (“noises” are heard)
DW - A GOOD SHOT FROM THE GUARD RAIL CAN REALLY DISCOMBOBULATE YA!
Tenay - ODB’S TRYING TO TAKE THE MASK OFF OF RAISHA SAEED!
DW - SHE’S GOT THE MASK IN HER HAND!
Angle - Success didn’t come without a price - two neck surgeries, nine concussions! TNA WRESTLING - CROSS THE LINE!
Kip - CAN I GET A WHOA BEAUTY, GIRLS!?
AJ - Sting, you want respect? You haven’t earned it! You jumped on the bandwagon when we got on Spike TV - who got us there? Me! STING, YOU SHOULD THANK ME, YOU SHOULD CALL ME, CALL MY HOME, CALL MY WIFE WHEN SHE’S HOME - NOT TAKING ME FOR AN MRI! I’M ON THE ROAD ALL THE TIME!
Tenay - THE SPECIAL VIDEO GAME ENTRANCE FOR CHRISTIAN CAGE IS JUST ANOTHER REMINDER THAT THE TNA IMPACT VIDEO GAME IS COMING OUT IN JUST A FEW DAYS!
Sting - Last week, when I came out here to atlk about respect - or actually the lack of respect in the next gen guys - I thought I’d get booed out of this building, but to my pleasant surprise. I didn’t get booed - I got cheered - thank you, I know you want to bring respect back into this business! Thanks for that! I know that without you there is no wrestling! Without you, there is no TNA! Without you, there is no Sting! But I wanna revisit Victory Road when I think about a helpless Booker T being attacked by Samoa Joe - there was a percentage of fans who wanted to see Booker taken out by Joe! And at Hard Justice, the same thing- a helpless Kurt Angle - there was a percentage of fans who wanted to see AJ take Kurt out. And last week here in Orlando, there was a percentage of fans who, when I handed AJ the bat, wanted to see my brains splatter over the mat. I know that fans want to be part of the show, and you should be - but there is a percentage of fans, and you know who you are! You can be part of the show, but you can’t be THE SHOW! I’m drawing a line in the sand, and if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything! WHERE DO YOU STAND! (Joe comes out)
Joe - YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE I STAND?! IN 20 SECONDS, I’LL BE STANDING ON YOUR THROAT!
Sting - YOU’RE GONNA BEAT ME UP!? THAT’S WHAT YOU WANNA DO!? I’ll do what I did for AJ - I’ll give you my bat and give you that opportunity! DO IT! There’s a percentage of fans who want it to happen, so do it!
Joe - Much like your respect, I don’t need your damn bat! And Sting, you need to learn a valuable lesson - when you turn your back on the future, you’re bound to regret it!
Nash - WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!
Tenay - WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON!? STING’S OR SAMOA JOE’S!?
Nash - I know I’m the last person you wanna see, but it ain’t gotta be like this. If you wanna do it, do it man on man without the weapons.
DW - HEY, STING JUST HIT JOE WITH THE BAT AND HIT THE SCORPION DEATH DROP!
Tenay - HANG ON, LISTEN TO THAT VERY FAMILIAR MUSIC!

Screens -

THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE FORCE IN WRESTLING TODAY!

KaneRobot, it did, but they took him out of it for future showings at house shows and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching the ODB bathroom promo, then the match and part of Abyss' match. I turned the tv off and when back to burning a couple DVDs. TNA seriously thinks this is how to get fans to watch?

No offense to the Dudley Boyz, but take a couple months off of tv so I don't have to see the same crap every week. Seems like every week it's 3-on-1 until someone makes a save.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The old vs. new guard stuff annoyed me throughout the show - each side just keeps repeating the same things, and the only part of it I liked was AJ's passion. Otherwise, the young guys just came off as a bunch of whiners, including Joe, who really complains a lot for a guy called THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE FORCE IN WRESTLING TODAY according to the PPV ad. That led me to think he'd be kicking ass, instead of whining.[/quote]

I don't know how or when precisely but Samoa Joe went from a cool, collected intimidator to whiny, annoying child in TNA.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']ODB's bathroom skit was incredibly stupid, but I'm sure whoever wrote it loved it to death. I didn't like her trying to take off Raisha's face covering, and I really didn't like the announcers just calling it "a mask" - it made them and the company come off as incredibly ignorant. Bashir's promo about 9/11 bothered me in a similar manner, and I'm not a fan of his theme starting with the sound of a plane soaring overhead - the timing of them starting that, weeks before 9/11's seventh anniversary, is incredibly crass.[/quote]

Yes, I concur. TNA's ignorance is pretty gross. I guess TNA just perceives its fans of being really dumb and sheepish.

*shrugs*

It's a shame because I like Bashir but don't think TNA will ever properly utilize his talents. I had to change the channel when the ref went zany. That was beyond post-1999 WCW cheesy.

ODB's segment was more tragedy than comedy. I think one of TNA writers took the phrase "shits and giggles" a wee bit too literally. :whistle2:#

[quote name='tangytangerine']After watching the ODB bathroom promo, then the match and part of Abyss' match. I turned the tv off and when back to burning a couple DVDs. TNA seriously thinks this is how to get fans to watch?

No offense to the Dudley Boyz, but take a couple months off of tv so I don't have to see the same crap every week. Seems like every week it's 3-on-1 until someone makes a save.[/quote]

I flipped between TNA and a rerun of Burn Notice. After the Bashir match with another stupid chaotic finish, I kept it on Burn Notice.

TNA has the potential for better matches but it's insignificant if they keep doing stupid shit throughout the rest of the show.

Foley revealed in a radio interview that his TNA debut will be in 3 weeks. Also mentioned that creative is scrambling to fit him into a story(great, that's all we need, a rushed crappy story).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back