The Lance Cade Memorial Wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's only 5 left... I hope they add some people from season 2 of nxt. Husky would be a good fit.

Nexus doesn't look like a threat with only 5 members.

Sheffield's injury was actually a compound fracture. No matter how many times I hear it, I can't help but cringe when thinking of bone snapping through the skin.

Yeesh. Here's hoping they don't try and rush Sheffield back before he's fully healed.

And Alberto Del Rio hasn't done anything? He beat Mysterio clean, which nobody (sans Undertaker) has been able to do for months now. That's already an accomplishment on its own.

[quote name='masked lemon']Damn, you guys are all over Del Rio... I just don't see it, yet. He's like a mexican JBL, but not fat.

He needs to do something more than just beat up Mysterio and Bourne. I was kinda hoping he was going to fight against Chavo, actually. That could end up being a good fued.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... I'd be more entertained by him if he came down the ring dressed as a box of Spic'n'Span.

That might of meant something if Kane didn't destroy him and take his title...

He is better than any of the nxt people, season 1 or 2, I can tell he's a good wrestler, I guess he will just have to grow on me a bit.

MVP is either a brave man or a really stupid man. Look what he ReTweeted over Twitter after Raw last night...

[quote name='Twitter User bethie_p(and ReTweeted by MVP to his followers)']
@WWE @WWEUniverse you disappointed A LOT of your fans with this #Raw900 episode! Here's a tip.. GET NEW CREATIVE WRITERS!!!![/QUOTE]

Anyone want to start a betting pool as to when MVP gets future endeavored for that?:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']MVP is either a brave man or a really stupid man. Look what he ReTweeted over Twitter after Raw last night...

Anyone want to start a betting pool as to when MVP gets future endeavored for that?:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

That's a bold move, certainly, but it also may be that he did that with the intention of it meaning 'it was disappointing because MVP wasn't there'.

Then, looking at the creative writers part, I'd guess MVP just might not give a shit anymore. If I were him, I probably wouldn't either. Really, he's effectively been the new Carlito... which, on that note, is Primo still employed?

[quote name='masked lemon']That might of meant something if Kane didn't destroy him and take his title...

He is better than any of the nxt people, season 1 or 2, I can tell he's a good wrestler, I guess he will just have to grow on me a bit.[/QUOTE]

kane may have won the match without interference, but rey had just finished another match against swagger followed by a post match beatdown. i would hardly call it a clean win

[quote name='BlueSwim']MVP is either a brave man or a really stupid man. Look what he ReTweeted over Twitter after Raw last night...

Anyone want to start a betting pool as to when MVP gets future endeavored for that?:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

I think what MVP needs to consider is that if House of Payne was to make it to it's 900th episode it would have to be on till the year 2087 and the little girl playing Jasmine would be 112.

Seriously WTF was that all about, got real annoying real quick.

I take it after Jericho's promo he's gone from the WWE soon ?
Isn't his contract about to expire ?

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE intends to unify all of its titles within the next year. As seen several week's ago, WWE has already unified the Tag Team Titles, and it was announced on Raw last night that there will be a women's title unification bout taking place at the Night of Champions PPV.
WWE's eventual goal is to have one Intercontinental Title and one World Title in the company, with the World Title unification match taking place at next year's WrestleMania.

[quote name='dkreegz515']F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE intends to unify all of its titles within the next year. As seen several week's ago, WWE has already unified the Tag Team Titles, and it was announced on Raw last night that there will be a women's title unification bout taking place at the Night of Champions PPV.
WWE's eventual goal is to have one Intercontinental Title and one World Title in the company, with the World Title unification match taking place at next year's WrestleMania.[/QUOTE]

I can't really pass judgment on it until I see how that changes the reality of having two shows, but the belts are so meaningless that I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

I hope, though, that they don't feel the need to keep any of the non-WWE belts, and that we get back to WWE Title, IC, Women's, and Tag. Let the WHC, US, and Divas fall by the wayside.

... admittedly, though, after seeing, uh, whatever those new tag belts are supposed to be, I'm less excited about 'new' belts than I was before. I've always said that anything is better than the Spinner, but I'm still worried.

[quote name='007']I can't really pass judgment on it until I see how that changes the reality of having two shows, but the belts are so meaningless that I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

I hope, though, that they don't feel the need to keep any of the non-WWE belts, and that we get back to WWE Title, IC, Women's, and Tag. Let the WHC, US, and Divas fall by the wayside.

... admittedly, though, after seeing, uh, whatever those new tag belts are supposed to be, I'm less excited about 'new' belts than I was before. I've always said that anything is better than the Spinner, but I'm still worried.[/QUOTE]

didn't they unify the world titles when jericho won years ago... then they just made another belt... didn't make sense back then either.

[quote name='dkreegz515']F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE intends to unify all of its titles within the next year. As seen several week's ago, WWE has already unified the Tag Team Titles, and it was announced on Raw last night that there will be a women's title unification bout taking place at the Night of Champions PPV.
WWE's eventual goal is to have one Intercontinental Title and one World Title in the company, with the World Title unification match taking place at next year's WrestleMania.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer if they kept both the US and Intercontinental belts, just to have something a little lower on the card. I'm hoping this leads to some guys being featured on both shows on a regular basis. I'm sure we'll get stuck with Cena on both days, but I'm willing to accept that if it also gets us CM Punk or Jericho on both shows again.

[quote name='dkreegz515']didn't they unify the world titles when jericho won years ago... then they just made another belt... didn't make sense back then either.[/QUOTE]

They 'unified' them when Jericho won them, but it wasn't until HHH won them that it became the single-belt Undisputed Championship. Jericho always just had the WWF and WCW titles.

The Undisputed title was a great looking belt, but if this (assumed) new one is coming from the same guy that gave us the Divas and new Tag Team titles, I'm fucking scared as to what that's gonna look like.

The more I think about it, this is a pretty good idea, but there needs to be other changes in conjunction with it to make it a 'great' idea. (Step one: you couldn't write well for 8 belts, so maybe you can make 4 seem relevant!)

The Undisputed title is probably my favorite belt design of all time. I'd give anything for them to bring it back.

Also, unifying th belts won't mean shit if the brad extension stays in effect. I remmeber back during the Undisputed era the champ would just bounce back and forth between shows, and it was just a mess.

One champ beats two, that's all I'll say.

After *how* many years, I still don't immediately recall the formal names of "the spinner" and the "big gold belt". For as much semantic corporate branding WWE forces onto their fans UNIVERSE, they fuck up the centerpieces of their company over nearly a decade.

WWE World Championship - probably drop the Heavyweight since they stopped saying it last time Rey Mysterio was champion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back