The Last Guardian

Maybe we can hold out a slight chance something concrete will be shown/said at TGS this year. Here's to wishful thinking....

I am in the camp that Sony just determined that this game will never sell enough to justify the budget and hope we all forget.
if the game was cancelled, they'd say it was cancelled. theres absolutely nothing to gain by saying its still in development when it isnt.

its almost definitely a ps4 game now and will get reannounced at a later date.

I am in the camp that Sony just determined that this game will never sell enough to justify the budget and hope we all forget.
That doesn't make any sense when they've already spent quite a bit on the budget. Plus, Shadow of the Colossus was a big success and a lot of people are wating for this game, so I don't see any reason for them to expect the game not to make money.

Yeah they wouldn't have pre-orders up at retailers still if it was scrapped. Even though pre-orders have got cancelled before it's almost certain this came will come out. Its just something being delayed a really long time. Its too big of a project just to scrap and completely abandon.

I am in the camp that thinks the original director was a perfectionist and delayed too long. When the Last of US came out, he was like shyt, my game can't beat that right now and Sony decided to add more people from other developement groups to help out with the story telling. Sony has said they will support the PS3 until 2015, this may be one of the last games for the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the camp that thinks the original director was a perfectionist and delayed too long. When the Last of US came out, he was like shyt, my game can't beat that right now and Sony decided to add more people from other developement groups to help out with the story telling. Sony has said they will support the PS3 until 2015, this may be one of the last games for the PS3.

I really hope they keep it for PS3 with all the speculation I hear about it going to PS4.

I would probably have a PS4 by then anyway but PS3 is my preference.

PS4 can have kingdom hearts 3. PS3 owners have long waited for this though.

I really hope they keep it for PS3 with all the speculation I hear about it going to PS4.

I would probably have a PS4 by then anyway but PS3 is my preference.

PS4 can have kingdom hearts 3. PS3 owners have long waited for this though.
In that same concept, people have been waiting forever for FFXIII VS, and that is heading to PS4.

We've known about this game for like... 8 years now? And yet, we know so little. Glad we have a release date, finally. 

More likely than not, related to Pro enhancements but to what extent, I wonder? Last of Us will be native 4K30 on PS4 Pro... I wonder if TLG might be capable of the same thing (it is, a PS3 game after all). 

The games were ahead of their time back then and even now don't hold up as well as nostalgia does. I like the ambience in these games more than the gameplay itself TBH. The guy is being hard on the game because of an outdated control scheme that has been refined since PS2 days, but maybe it's charming in itself that this game should invoke some nostalgia.

The games were ahead of their time back then and even now don't hold up as well as nostalgia does. I like the ambience in these games more than the gameplay itself TBH. The guy is being hard on the game because of an outdated control scheme that has been refined since PS2 days, but maybe it's charming in itself that this game should invoke some nostalgia.
That's a good point. Plus, you do get "use" to controls to an extent...

I played through the remasters of ICO and SotC and I definitely thought both games held up pretty well. ICO's controls were a bit wonky but SotC was better, so hopefully it's at least consistent to that.

This is the only game why I bought my PS3. I am really excited about this year's sony e3 reveleations.
Quoted for truth and also sadness, for I also bought a PS3 in 2009 because of this and hopes of a Saint Seiya game.

This has been on my Amazon cart for a while, if there's a more definitive release date and pre-order bonus, I'm finally buying it :D.

Last edited:
I love how this thread was started in 2009. Funny to think I've been around on this site since shortly before then, too.

Even more strange to think about is how this thread averaged a page per year. :eek:

Review embargo has been lifted... some mixed reactions on the game, unfortunately, due to the controls/camera. 

Got the game yesterday evening.

I'm enjoying the game, but so far not extremely far in.

I love the graphics and Trico is neat. So far not having too much issues like on reviews saying. The camera takes some getting used to. I went to options and had the camera speed turn a bit up so it moved faster for me.

I've read supposedly the game works best on ps4pro and not as good on ps4, but so far I don't notice any slowdowns in the game even though I'm playing on ps4. There was an update which I downloaded so maybe that fixed it? I did not play the game before the update so not sure.

Once I finish the game I'll post my thoughts on the game.

Good to hear those impressions, I was going to get it this week but after reading reviews thought about waiting until I get a PS4 Pro later on

What are you playing on? Eurogamer's analysis showed that it doesn't really run well on the regular PS4 but Team ICO's games have historically ran with fairly notable slowdown at parts. 

Quoted for truth and also sadness, for I also bought a PS3 in 2009 because of this and hopes of a Saint Seiya game.

This has been on my Amazon cart for a while, if there's a more definitive release date and pre-order bonus, I'm finally buying it :D.
I actually ended up getting the Collector's Edition. The packaging is beautiful but I gotta find a place to put the statue, haha. I have not played the game yet, I want to finish Uncharted 4 before I sit down and dedicate my time to it.

bread's done
Back