The last two games you beat....

Shadow of the collussus & Mario Kart ds.

SOTC is a amazing, all-time classic game, even with it's flaws(camera , etc.) it's still a must play/own. Took me about 10 hrs.

Mario kart ds, is IMO the best mario kart hands down! Just a blast to play online, or multiplayer.

I am keeping both.

Next up: STILL trying to finish the 2nd shadow hearts game, MGS 3:subsistance, Black, sonic rush, kingdom hearts, and about 10 others!

What were they? Jak and Daxter and Wario Ware GBA

about how long did it take? Jak and Daxter took about 7 hours; Unlocking everything in Wario Ware took around 15.

What did you think of it? I have had Jak and Daxter since the summer of '02 when I got my PS2. I played to about 33% and didn't remember enjoying it but when I put it in the PS2 last week, I was hooked. I even went back and got all of the Power Cells. Wario Ware is a great pick up and play game, however playing the grid to unlock the last mini game got tedious.

And what did you do with it afterwards? I am still playing Wario Ware. Back on the shelf with J&D.

What game/s are you playing next? Currently playing Breakdown and either Pikmin 2 or Killer 7.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (GCN) - This game took me a while, probably about 15 hours because I am slow at stealth games. I really like the Splinter Cell series, but I don't think this one was as great as the reviews it got. I think I enjoyed the more linear Splinter Cell games. Still a great game overall and well worth it for any Splinter Cell fans.

Destroy All Humans (XBOX) - About 5-6 hours to beat all the missions. This game has a good sense of humor and is pretty fun at first, but you realize fairly quickly how shallow it is. They needed more variety in the weapons I think. Decent fun while it lasted.

Digital Devil Saga - took me 37 hours to beat. God damn was that a great game - anybody who even kinda likes RPG should play that one, just be prepared to play the second one, as the ending leaves a whole lot of questions unanswered.

Castlevania DS - took 20 hours, but that's because I played through twice and and collected every soul.

Next I'll be playing through Magna Carta & Genji - as soon as Magna Carta is done I'll be jumping straight into DDS2...

Mega Man X - I love that game so much :D

And then I can't remember... I keep starting games and then not finishing, such a bad habit it is ;_;.

But I am playing Shadow Hearts + SH: Covenant and they are both amazing so far.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - Just finished this, I pressed every statement so it probably took me about 25 hours to beat. Overall a great game, although sometimes I got really tired of the drawn out dialogue. Definitely a must own for the DS, it is one unique game.

We Love Katamari (PS2) - Probably about 6 hours. I didn't really replay levels to try to get great times or Katamari sizes. I enjoyed the game, but I think two is enough for this series. There really isn't much difference between this and the first game, and I think I like the standard, getting the Katamari as big as you can, levels the best.

GUN - Too short, but enjoyable for the most part. People were saying this was a great sandbox game, but there's very little to do in comparison to the GTA series.

Doom 3 - Better than I had expected, good enough that I am thinking about buying ROE.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) I played through this with a group of friends during our spring break. Everybody already knows how amazingly good it is. Not sure how long it took us, mainly because I wasn't there for a few dungeons here and there.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN) I bought this on release day a long time ago, and never got very far in. Why? I would get caught up with side quests, get bored, and start something different. After reading that recent Wind Waker thread, I started anew. I must say I am definitely glad to finish it. It was an excellent game with a great ending. Not exactly sure on how many hours for this one. I started two weeks ago and finished about ten minutes ago, but I barely played last week, due to spring break.

Wario World (GCN) - Around 10 hours to complete. WW was on ok game but i was expecting better. The boss fights were way too EASY and i relaly didnt dig the super monkey ball type levels. Some of the actual move you can pull off are cool and the game had some pretty unique levels.

Shellshock Nam 67 (Xbox) In game clock said 3 hours and some odd minutes but i think more realistically i spent 5 hours on the game. SSN was a good game but nothing about it is very memorable but it was a decent shooter that was fun. The game has some collision detection problems, i cant tell you how many times i unloaded an enitre clip into a charlie and didnt kill him. Some objectives are really confusing.

Mario Kart Double Dash (GCN) I dont even know how many hours i put into it... ive had it since launch. I finally got around to completed the entire mirror mode cup. Its mario kart, if you dont like it... there is something seriously wrong with you.

Katamari Damacy(PS2)- The game is pretty fun. Love the music. After a while it seems to get kind of repetative though. Still a great game.

ICO(PS2)- Beat it in around 6 1/2 hours. It is a good action adventure game i guess. I mean I like it and all, but i don't see how it makes people best games lists. It leaves a lot of the story and world questions. But i guess that's how it was supposed to be. Probably going to get SoTC sometime since the creator is the same and the worlds are supposed to be somehow connected.

Feel the Magic (DS): Probably took 4 hours. Great addicting DS game, really just a collection of minigames, but all of them made great use of the stylus. It was a great game to pick up and play for just a level, although usually I played a lot more

Ninja Gaiden Black (XBOX): Took about 25 hours. This game was tough, definitely one of the harder game experiences, but it was challenging in a rewarding way. Most of the fighting took a lot of skill and so I felt like I had accomplished something at the end. Overall a great game, the only parts I didn't like was the platforming, I don't think Ryu controlled very well for a platforming game.

2 weekends ago, I started, and beat Beyond Good and Evil.

Last weekend, I staretd and beat MGS: The Twin Snakes.

Now I need a game for this weekend. Im thinking Shadow of the Colossus...

The Godfather (PS2) - took about 9 hours to beat the story missions and took another 4 hours to take over every business and warehouse. They should have just called this GTG because its just grand theft auto but with the godfather characters and setting but its still fun. I love the choices you have when you want to take over a business, where you could either wreck the store, beat up customers or just straight beat up on the owner. The car chases weren't anything special and the shooting kind of needed time to get used to but it was a pretty good game overall.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Sudsistence (PS2) - took about 12 hours to beat. A great game that is only improved with a better camera system. What can I say about this game that nobody already knows, great gameplay, the best cutscenes on the ps2, and of course snake. I haven't tried the online mode yet but I heard that its pretty good and lag free.

Resident Evil 4- PS2-- beat normal with Leon in about 18 hours. I beat it before on Gamecube and it was just as good this time, besides the graphics and sound. easily one of the best games ever. I can't get over how well they paced it so that almost every single moment was freaking awesome. Sure, it's more of an action game now, but I like it better that way.

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!- DS-- cleared all the songs on Normal. Probably spent about 6-7 hours on it. Took me a good 50 tries to beat Ready Steady Go..jeez that song was hard. didn't last so long, but like all good rhythm games, it's addicting enough to play over and over at all difficulty levels.

I highly recommend cutting out other purchases and dropping $40 on this game. It didn't sell well in Japan, hasn't been mentioned for release in the U.S., and think the EU release may just be a rumor--so get it before it disappears.

Up next:
DMC3:Special Edition-- Virgil mode
RE4-- Separate Ways
MGS3-- the regular campaign

Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter
Serious Sam 2

Pure classic FPS deathmatching, with Serious humor.
Took about 5 hours i suppose for each one. Good times.

lotr: the third age - 17hours
enjoyed it a lot until the end, it felt like the ran out of time and just threw the end of the game together.

pariah - maybe 4 hours? the review complained abotu the story, i figured its a fps it shouldnt matter. its so bad that i cant understand why they even bothered. a very loose, unreal feeling fps.

ive finally started ico and im going to finish r&c and mgs2.

Been near the end of Kingdom Hearts 1 for about a month but just can't muster up the enthusiam to finish it.

Finished normal and God mode of God of War, after playing both I think normal should have had the damaged recieved tweaked up a bit more so players would be more encouraged to make use of secondary skills.

Advent Rising - Probably took about 6 hours. The game was just mediocre, the third, that is all guns is really tedious and repetitive, although it gets better. I liked the leveling up aspect, but the epic story was a let down. The characters were just too cheesy to be taken seriously.

The Suffering - Probably took 8-10 hours, maybe more since I thought it autosaved and it turns out it doesn't so I lost about an hours time. Another mediocre game. The enemies and gameplay were very repetitive.

Ive been on a tear lately when it comes to finishing games.

A few weeks ago I beat Beyond Good and Evil, and MGS: Twin Snakes.

Last weekend I beat Shadow of the Colossus.

and Im currently halfway thru Gun.

hopefully I can keep it going and get thru some of my huge backlog.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence- amazing game, seriously up there with some of my all time favorites now. It took me about 20 hours but I got every last secret item and did everything to the fullest.

I'm definitely keeping it as the Online is some of the most fun I've ever had and I've already sunk 60 hours into that since it came out three weeks ago.

Guitar Hero- took me about two months to finally be good enough to five star everything on Hard mode. Seriously most musical games there is no end to them, you simply enjoy them forever. I'm still going to pop this in on a weekly basis until all the follow up games come out.

Next up is X-Men Legends 2.

Hmm...seems like most of the games I play are not "beatable" in the classic definition. I guess I'd have to say, Metroid Prime Pinball and Minish Cap

super mario advance 2: super mario world -
I just need to finish unlocking a few levels

super mario advance 4: super mario bro. 3 -
100%

the godfather -
finished all of the missions and taking over the enemies compounds. I just need to work on becoming the don of new york.

Just beat Call of Duty: Finest Hour & Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life for Xbox.

CoD:FH took roughly 8 or so hours while Pirates clocked in at close to 12 (rough estimates abound)

• CoD:FH was fun for a majority of the game but the controls were not always spot on, the vehicle missions were the downside, and some polishing could've been better. Overall I had fun playing it, and it made me want to come back for more. I took a 2/5 amount of liberty using the strategy guide for this game.
  • Pirates seemed to be a simple game but ended up being a GREAT one. While the gameplay was simplistic on the easy settings, the depth of the Spanish Main and the ability to form it to however I saw fit was amazing. I highly recommend this game! I took a 4/5 amount of liberty using the strategy guide for this game, if you pick up this game, the guide is a MUST. While it is for the PC, nearly everything is the same.

I am selling or trading away both games and their guides on my tradelist @ http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87542&page=1&pp=30

I plan on spending more time with Forza & possibly the $1.99 MLB2k5 from Best Buy that I just got. GO BUCCOS!

Just beat Call of Duty: Finest Hour & Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life for Xbox.

CoD:FH took roughly 8 or so hours while Pirates clocked in at close to 12 (rough estimates abound)

• CoD:FH was fun for a majority of the game but the controls were not always spot on, the vehicle missions were the downside, and some polishing could've been better. Overall I had fun playing it, and it made me want to come back for more. I took a 2/5 amount of liberty using the strategy guide for this game.
  • Pirates seemed to be a simple game but ended up being a GREAT one. While the gameplay was simplistic on the easy settings, the depth of the Spanish Main and the ability to form it to however I saw fit was amazing. I highly recommend this game! I took a 4/5 amount of liberty using the strategy guide for this game, if you pick up this game, the guide is a MUST. While it is for the PC, nearly everything is the same.

I am selling or trading away both games and their guides on my tradelist @ http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87542&page=1&pp=30

I plan on spending more time with Forza & possibly the $1.99 MLB2k5 from Best Buy that I just got. GO BUCCOS!

What were they? Talkin' Metal Gear Acid 2 right now.

about how long did it take? 19 hours

What did you think of it? Really good. Way better than the first.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Replaying, as you keep all the cards in your deck.

What game/s are you playing next? May go back to X-Men Legends 2 PSP or Metroid Prime Hunters

Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBOX) - I have to say this was one overhyped game. It is decent enough but you realize pretty quickly how superficial most of the choices are, and I found the combat system to be just okay. Probably took me 17 hours, and I took my time to open most of the demon doors, silver key chests, etc.

Call of Duty (PC) - I didn't expect much from this, since it is "just another WWII shooter". But I really liked this game, I couldn't stop playing. Everything was done well with quite a lot of mission variety. Probably took me about 6-7 hours. I started playing the expansion United Offensive right away.

What were they? Ikaruga and Doom 3

about how long did it take? Ikaruga took about 6 hours and Doom 3 took about 15.

What did you think of it? I have had Ikaruga for a couple of years and really got into it a few weeks ago. About a week of non stop playing got me to be ableto finish it. Doom 3 was a lot of fun.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Back on the shelf with both.

What game/s are you playing next? Looking to start Return to Castle Wolfenstien tomorrow.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

took me a long ass time since I got stuck in a part in case 5 and didnt start playing it again until about a couple of monthes later.

Fun game.

currently playing prince of persia sands of time and super mario 64 ds.

1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Took about 20+ hours if I remember right. I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Will probably go through it again sometime and try to just use the MK-22 on all the bosses. Also the online play is a blast and I bought a PS2 network adapter recently, just to play the online part of it. Probably one of the best video game endings I've ever seen.

2) Kingdom Hearts 2
Took about 48-50 hours. Also plan on keeping for a long time. Hopefully in the future I'll try to beat Sephiroth and unlock the Hades Cup. Missing two keyblades in the game because I chose not to do those two the first time around. I really enjoyed the game, had an absolute blast playing it. My problem with it was the really weak ending. It just seemed to predictable, especially for the targeted audience for this game. With the entire game being so epic and grand the ending didn't seem to be. It fell flat. The ending battle though did not suffer the fate of the ending video. A seemingly never-ending battle where I was genuinely excited with all that was happening around me. I saved the game just before the final battle, so I'll probably be showing friends it if they wish. Definitely will be keeping this game again, and a replay is hopefully over the horizon.

On the chopping block next (possibly)=

-Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
-Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
-Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Call of Duty: United Offensive (PC) - Had a lot of fun with this one just like the the original. It is just a well done game overall, with lots of variety in the short 6 hours it took me to beat the game.

Pac n Roll (DS)- Fun use of the stylus, like a Marble Madness game with Pac man. Probably took me 4 hours to beat the story mode. Story was lame, but I didn't even really pay attention to it, the gameplay made up for it.

Project Snowblind (PC) - A mediocre FPS, the augmentations bring a little variety, but they don't change the fact that much of the gameplay is pretty bland. The graphics look pretty dated for such a recent FPS.

Just beat:

1 Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
2 Kingdom Hearts II- Awesome game, I beat it at 38 hours. I have completed 95% of Jiminy's Journal so I am still working on that part. I have fought Sephiroth many times but I can only get him down to 3 life bars before he beats me. I am currently at level 71 so Im gonna level up some more then hopefully kick his ass.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence- amazing game, seriously up there with some of my all time favorites now. It took me about 20 hours but I got every last secret item and did everything to the fullest.

I'm definitely keeping it as the Online is some of the most fun I've ever had and I've already sunk 60 hours into that since it came out three weeks ago.

Guitar Hero- took me about two months to finally be good enough to five star everything on Hard mode. Seriously most musical games there is no end to them, you simply enjoy them forever. I'm still going to pop this in on a weekly basis until all the follow up games come out.

Next up is X-Men Legends 2.[/QUOTE]
about subsistence, would you recommend it to someone who has MGS3 but has never beaten it? I kept getting lost in the forest and gave up. lol

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - 24 hours - I really liked how most every aspect of the fights was tied to your reflexes, this could make or break you in battles. I didn't really find the storylines or dialogue that funny. The last boss battle took forver, probably took me over an hour to beat both forms.

Area 51 (PC) - 7-8 hours, a decent FPS, although I enjoyed playing it as more of a FPS rather than mutating.

Shadow of the Collosus : Great game

And umm, before that I forget. I guess it mustve been Serious Sam 2 for PC.

Just started up Kingdom Hearts 2 - looking good so far.

Ok, I finally beat a couple more games!

Kingdom Hearts & Shadow Hearts:Covenant

I really enjoyed both of these rpg's. I liked shadow hearts more,(I like the story and battle system) but I had a good time playing kingdom hearts , partly because my son watched me play though the whole thing.

It was also his 1st experiance with most of the disney charcters, so it was funny when he saw disney charcters(at the video store) from the game, he would get all excited and say "Hey daddy there from your kindgom hearts game!"

Both games are being kept.

Next up: Killer 7, finish up minish cap, shadow hearts:FTNW, and many more...

I just finshed the 1st wario ware for gba & mario kart again, because my son deleted my data. Next up drill dozer , meteos, and more..

King of Fighters XI and Outrun 2006. KOF took about 10 minutes while Outrun took around 5 or 6. Though they're arcade games that thrive upon being played multiple times, so I guess those might not count.

Then it'd be Tales of Eternia (28 hours... got pretty much everything I could in the first go-around) and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (24 hours.) Both were finished in the last 2 weeks.

And I'm at the very end of Metal Gear Acid 2... I finished off a huge boss which I'm assuming is the last truly difficult level so It'll prolly be another 10 minutes to finish off the game.

bread's done
Back