The myth of "Islamophobia" in America

[quote name='Clak']I actually had the look him up because I had him slightly mixed up with someone else. But yeah, the guy hates all religions, he isn't exactly saying that it's rational to fear islam, he'd say that about any religion. I don't really understand fearing a religion anyway, it's religious people that sometimes scare me, a religion is just a concept, a bunch of words supposedly said by somebody and written down in a book.[/QUOTE]

Replace "God" with "Santa Claus".

Should this country focus itself on being consistent with the Law of Santa Claus? Huckabee thinks so. He was a real contender for president for some period of time. He has (had?) a talk show. He has been a governor, but the basis of all of his views are a joke.

[quote name='depascal22']What is it about Islamic preaching that makes your fear rational? And please don't give me the extremist infidels must die bullshit. I can find that kind of preaching for every religion on the planet.[/QUOTE]

extremists use islamic preaching as a motivator and recruitment tool. I don't think that anyone can deny that is a major part in why at least low level extremists (the ones that blow themselves up) do their thing. They are crazy as hell and are promised their 40 virgins when they are done.

[quote name='Clak']I don't see where I disagreed with that. In fact, my post was regarding what I believe Myke was getting at. Mullgian's post simply wasn't very well worded for what he was trying to say.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying that it is obvious what he is saying about the zoning board, and that he wasn't trying to say they should review the laws themselves, although they do that as well on occasion.

[quote name='Knoell']extremists use islamic preaching as a motivator and recruitment tool. I don't think that anyone can deny that is a major part in why at least low level extremists (the ones that blow themselves up) do their thing. They are crazy as hell and are promised their 40 virgins when they are done.[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as we're engaging in post-hoc cherry-picking for the purpose of overgeneralizing...

Scott Roeder.

Randall Terry.

Fred Phelps.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Replace "God" with "Santa Claus".

Should this country focus itself on being consistent with the Law of Santa Claus? Huckabee thinks so. He was a real contender for president for some period of time. He has (had?) a talk show. He has been a governor, but the basis of all of his views are a joke.[/QUOTE]
It's generally interchangeable. That's one thing that confuses me so, believing in a god is no different than believing in Santa Claus, but we know Santa isn't real, despite there being equal evidence for the existence of both.

[quote name='Knoell']extremists use islamic preaching as a motivator and recruitment tool. I don't think that anyone can deny that is a major part in why at least low level extremists (the ones that blow themselves up) do their thing. They are crazy as hell and are promised their 40 virgins when they are done.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and religion has been used as a motivator for plenty of atrocities. You can't single out islam as the only one though.

[quote name='Clak']It's generally interchangeable. That's one thing that confuses me so, believing in a god is no different than believing in Santa Claus, but we know Santa isn't real, despite there being equal evidence for the existence of both.[/QUOTE]

devil's advocate: we can trace the lineage of Santa Claus as we know him to a living person (Saint Nicholas) and a corporate entity (Coca-Cola). God, on the other hand, doesn't have either of those benefits.

[quote name='Clak']believing in a god is no different than believing in Santa Claus, but we know Santa isn't real, despite there being equal evidence for the existence of both.[/QUOTE]

Oh? Would you care to prove Santa isn't real?

Eh, the history of the Santa character isn't strictly known, I know the Saint Nicholas connection is the most believed, but it isn't exactly nailed down as to where the the character came from. I've read about similar figures in other cultures.

We supposedly know the lineage of Jesus too, yet does that make him any more real than Santa? He could have been created as easily.

And other religions don't do that? You're basically saying that Islam extremists are more extreme than all the other religious extremists on the planet? Is that where you're going with this?

More extreme that other religious extremists that maybe bomb abortion clinics?

More extreme than people that completely shun the outside world in order to be one with God and/or nature?

More extreme than people that blow up federal buildings in Oklahoma City?

We're not saying that Islam doesn't have extremists. We're just saying it's unfair to judge it solely by the bad apples. The Catholic Church has done more harm to this country with it's molesting scandal than Islam could ever do with a plane. Do we judge all Catholics with the same brush and declare war on the Church? No. Why? Because it's not right to judge entire groups of people on the actions of one or two nutjobs.

And please don't get started on the whole Tea Party process. That white washed group is so desperate to prove it's not racist that they trot out black people as a show of tolerance and multicultural acceptance.

[quote name='depascal22']And other religions don't do that? You're basically saying that Islam extremists are more extreme than all the other religious extremists on the planet? Is that where you're going with this?

More extreme that other religious extremists that maybe bomb abortion clinics?

More extreme than people that completely shun the outside world in order to be one with God and/or nature?

More extreme than people that blow up federal buildings in Oklahoma City?

We're not saying that Islam doesn't have extremists. We're just saying it's unfair to judge it solely by the bad apples. The Catholic Church has done more harm to this country with it's molesting scandal than Islam could ever do with a plane. Do we judge all Catholics with the same brush and declare war on the Church? No. Why? Because it's not right to judge entire groups of people on the actions of one or two nutjobs.

And please don't get started on the whole Tea Party process. That white washed group is so desperate to prove it's not racist that they trot out black people as a show of tolerance and multicultural acceptance.[/QUOTE]

Remind me if I am wrong but last time I checked islamic extremists don't only operate in the united states.

The point was not that all muslims learn extremism from their religion, but that extremists use their religion as a way to recruit and motivate people.

And are we really going to dispute the deadliness of islamic extremism? Just one attack alone outweighs anything any group has done in recent history, and we aren't even taking into consideration what goes on in their own countries...

So by your logic, we should ban all churches and other religious meeting places in this country because it could be used as a place to recruit and train extremists.

None of us are disputing the deadliness of extremism in any forms. We're debating the fact that it's unfair to broadly paint an entire religion with the colors of extremism just because one group of people did something horrible in the name of said religion.

What are you arguing about?

[quote name='depascal22']So by your logic, we should ban all churches and other religious meeting places in this country because it could be used as a place to recruit and train extremists.

None of us are disputing the deadliness of extremism in any forms. We're debating the fact that it's unfair to broadly paint an entire religion with the colors of extremism just because one group of people did something horrible in the name of said religion.

What are you arguing about?[/QUOTE]

Wow, who said anything about banning? its the simple truth, I didn't suggest any type of action be taken against it, you are arguing these points with yourself.

Again I will state the point was not that all muslims learn extremism from islam, but that extremists use islam to attract, recruit, and motivate people to do what they do all over the world.

OK. Went too far with banning but that's your gist.

It does seem like you think there are only Muslim extremists and that's the problem we have with all this. If you're going to get pissed at Islam for promoting hate and fear, point the finger at all religions.

But any religion can be used as an excuse for violence, it isn't fair to single out just one, which is what these people who are against it are doing.

[quote name='Clak']But any religion can be used as an excuse for violence, it isn't fair to single out just one, which is what these people who are against it are doing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There are extremists in every religion. Plenty of violence and terrorism carried out by Christian extremists--the crusades, abortion clinic bombings/shootings, KKK violence etc. etc.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not sure a man like Hitchens varies in his universal disdain for religion. You could substitute any faith for "Islam" in the quote above and Hitchens would concur. His whole worldview is that religion as a concept is to be distrusted and abandoned.

He holds no special place in his heart for the destruction of one faith over another, and it's misleading to quote him out of context. You make it sound like he supports Islamophobia in and of itself - to the contrary, all of his writings express a universal faith-o-phobia. It would be incorrect to use his ideology to support the distrust of only one.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the legitimacy of the word 'Islamophobia.' No one contends that there is such a thing as 'Christianophobia,' so there is no need to make a particular defense against it. But, as of the September 11th attacks, there has been the propulsion of a naive opinion, namely made by liberal intellectuals, who insist on using the word 'Islamophobia' to make anti-religious types seem like bigots.

As you correctly point out, Hitchens is equal in his disdain for all religion. Why, then, would it be appropriate to label is criticism of Islam as an irrational fear of the particular religion, when you can turn any one of his pages and skim over an equally vibrant attack on Christianity or Judaism?

But the fact is that there is a decent chunk of people who've been fearful and/or hateful of Islam since 9/11 and make the mistake of believing the religion promotes violence and jihad and terrorism. Rather than those things being limited to extremists.

There is more irrational fear and hatred of Islam than of any other major religion currently, hence the concern over it.

If some christian or Jewish etc. terrorist groups carry out major attacks and create a wave of fear, resentment and hate we can start worrying about Christianophobia and Judiophobia etc. Right now they're not relevant, while fear and hatred of Islam is a real concern in today' society.

[quote name='rabbitt']We're talking about the legitimacy of the word 'Islamophobia.' No one contends that there is such a thing as 'Christianophobia,' so there is no need to make a particular defense against it. But, as of the September 11th attacks, there has been the propulsion of a naive opinion, namely made by liberal intellectuals, who insist on using the word 'Islamophobia' to make anti-religious types seem like bigots.

As you correctly point out, Hitchens is equal in his disdain for all religion. Why, then, would it be appropriate to label is criticism of Islam as an irrational fear of the particular religion, when you can turn any one of his pages and skim over an equally vibrant attack on Christianity or Judaism?[/QUOTE]

It's only relevant if the people protesting the mosque have an equal disdain for all religions. But they do not.

And, of course, none of it changes the freedom of someone who seeks to build a mosque - or a titty bar, a burger king, or a burlington coat factory - in a commercially zoned space.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's only relevant if the people protesting the mosque have an equal disdain for all religions. But they do not.

And, of course, none of it changes the freedom of someone who seeks to build a mosque - or a titty bar, a burger king, or a burlington coat factory - in a commercially zoned space.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of bad (and plain boring) opinions on both sides of the argument. Indeed, the Hitchens quote is from an article that argues just this (here: http://www.slate.com/id/2264770/ and here: http://www.slate.com/id/2263334/).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Exactly. There are extremists in every religion. Plenty of violence and terrorism carried out by Christian extremists--the crusades, abortion clinic bombings/shootings, KKK violence etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep saying this until it sinks in - there are extremists in every Abrahamic religion. It isn't factual or fair to bring all other religions into this.

Yeah I doubt it's totally limited to Abrahamic sects. Maybe out of major religions as it's hard to picture say a Buddhist or Hindu terrorist group etc. given the nature of those belief systems.

But there are lots of smaller religions out there. Hell, I'm sure some left wing eco terror groups are backed by small nature worshiping religions etc.

I guess the news just covers the islamic ones. /sarcasm While I will not deny there are extremists in every religion, islam seems to be a hotbed for them more than other religions in recent history. This does not mean that all muslims are extremists, or even a significant amount of them, but it means that more people are becoming active extremists in the name of that religion than the others.

If you want to dispute that, show me extremists from a different religion that have been more deadly, or active in recent history.

[quote name='Knoell']I guess the news just covers the islamic ones. /sarcasm While I will not deny there are extremists in every religion, islam seems to be a hotbed for them more than other religions in recent history. This does not mean that all muslims are extremists, or even a significant amount of them, but it means that more people are becoming active extremists in the name of that religion than the others.

If you want to dispute that, show me extremists from a different religion that have been more deadly, or active in recent history.[/QUOTE]

The Oklahoma City bombing was pretty devastating. The abortion clinic bombings, threats and other terroristic acts taken in the name of Christianity have also taken their toll.

If you want something fresh, I'd say that the case where the young Christian attacked the Muslim cabbie and slashed him across the face was pretty horrific.

[quote name='Knoell']I guess the news just covers the islamic ones. /sarcasm While I will not deny there are extremists in every religion, islam seems to be a hotbed for them more than other religions in recent history. This does not mean that all muslims are extremists, or even a significant amount of them, but it means that more people are becoming active extremists in the name of that religion than the others.

If you want to dispute that, show me extremists from a different religion that have been more deadly, or active in recent history.[/QUOTE]

Quantify "extremism," clarify "hotbed," define "recent history," specify "other religions," and cite evidence that "more people are becoming active extremists in the name of that religion than the others."

...or else stop making things up. You're talking about your ethnocentric worldview like it's irrefutable data.

[quote name='camoor']I'll keep saying this until it sinks in - there are extremists in every Abrahamic religion. It isn't factual or fair to bring all other religions into this.[/QUOTE]

You really need to look up Hindu extremists' actions in Kashmir.

Here's another one about Hindu extremists killing minorities in India: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=67c_1187401494

It's human (not just followers of Abraham) nature to stomp on minorities and actively stop them from coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

This is not a list of every murder that happens in the world, but ones done by islamic extremists and even if half of them cannot be proven to be done by islamic extremists, I would like you to show me another religion that is hijacked by extremists that is more deadly.
Note that this is not in the past 10-20 years. The last two months.
List of Islamic Terror Attacks For the Past 2 Months
DateCountryCityKilledInjuredDescription2010.08.31AfghanistanBadakhshan30Three Oxmam humanitarian workers are taken out in a brutal roadside blast.
2010.08.31AfghanistanKabul312Three supreme court employees are riddled with bullets by Holy Warriors.2010.08.31IsraelHebron40A pregnant woman is among four young Jews gunned down in cold blood by Palestinian terrorists.
2010.08.30AfghanistanJalalabad13The Taliban assassinate a local official with a bomb.
2010.08.30IraqBaghdad13Jihadi car bombers kill a civilian.
2010.08.30SomaliaMogadishu48Four guards at the presidential palace are killed during an al-Shabaab mortar attack.
2010.08.29AfghanistanKabul60Five election workers and a candidate are kidnapped and murdered by Taliban freedom fighters.
2010.08.29PhilippinesBukidnon02'Irate Muslims' throw a grenade into a Catholic church during mass.
2010.08.29ChechnyaTsentoroi75A wave of armed Islamists attack a village, killing at least seven.
2010.08.29ThailandNarathiwat10A 2-year-old boy dies after being shot in the head by Muslim militants.
2010.08.29IraqMosul512A woman is among five Iraqis murdered by Islamic terrorists.
2010.08.29PakistanKhyber24The Taliban kill two local soldiers with a roadside bomb.
2010.08.29ThailandPattani20A middle-aged Buddhist couple are shot to death in their pickup by Islamic separatists.
2010.08.28ThailandNarathiwat10A 40-year-old man is shot in the head by Muslim militants.
2010.08.28PakistanKhyber10A local soldier is kidnapped and shot full of holes by Mujahideen.
2010.08.28YemenAbyan102Ten local soldiers are ambushed and killed by terrorists who burn their bodies while chanting 'Allah akbar.'
2010.08.27IraqMosul10The body of a Christian man is found several days after he is kidnapped.
2010.08.27NigeriaBorno30Boko Haram Islamists shoot three policemen to death in two drive-bys.
2010.08.27IraqShurqat33A suspected al-Qaeda attack leaves three dead.
2010.08.27IraqBaaj30Three Iraqis are gunned down by Muhahid.
2010.08.27IraqMahaweel20A blast takes down two civilians.
2010.08.27ThailandYala10A young woman is shot to death by Religion of Peace proponents.
2010.08.27IraqKirkuk13A child is taken down by Islamic bombers.
2010.08.27IraqMosul20A middle-aged Buddhist couple is brutally murdered by Muslim gunmen as they are returning from market.
2010.08.27PakistanGhaziabad10A 35-year-old mother of three is killed by her brother on suspicion of unauthorized sex.
2010.08.27ThailandPattani10A 21-year-old man is murdered by Muslim gunmen.
2010.08.26ThailandNarathiwat10A 30-year-old teacher is shot to death by Islamic radicals while leaving school.
2010.08.26AfghanistanKunduz81Eight policemen are machine-gunned to death by Taliban ambushers.
2010.08.26ThailandPattani10A 42-year-old civilian dies from injuries after being shot twice in the chest by Muslim militants.
2010.08.26SomaliaMogadishu148Fourteen Somalis are shredded by two al-Shabaab bomb blasts.
2010.08.26IraqMosul411Children are among the casualties in a series of Mujahideen attacks.
2010.08.26IraqMuqdadiya60Six Sunnis are gunned down by suspected al-Qaeda.
2010.08.26PakistanBajaur10Islamists murder the son of a surrendered militant.
2010.08.26ThailandPattani10A 52-year-old man is killed in a Muslim ambush.
2010.08.26ThailandYala10Muslim terrorists gun down a Buddhist railway worker.
2010.08.26PhilippinesBalili40Maranao Muslims pull four people off a bus and shoot them to death.
2010.08.25PakistanBajaur10Islamic militants shoot a tax collector to death on his way home.
2010.08.25IraqBaghdad63277Jihadis take out over sixty Iraqis in a series of coordinated blasts from Basra to Kut.
2010.08.25AfghanistanBadghis30Two Spanish soldiers training local cops are shot to death along with their translator by their driver.
2010.08.25YemenZinjibar41al-Qaeda gunmen on motorcycles massacre four security men in a drive-by.
2010.08.25ThailandPattani10A 57-year-old rubber tapper is killed by drive-by Jihadis.
2010.08.25PakistanMohmand22A mother and her 9-year-old child are brutally murdered by Islamist gunmen.
2010.08.25PakistanSwat36Three Christian aid workers helping flood victims are kidnapped and murdered by Islamic fundamentalists.
2010.08.24IraqFallujah22Two children are successfully killed by Mujahideen bombers in a blast that also leaves their mother wounded.
2010.08.24MaliBamako10An older pensioner taken prisoner by al-Qaeda is murdered in captivity.
2010.08.24PakistanPeshawar10A peace activist and father is killed in captivity by Sunni militants.
2010.08.24PakistanBajaur10A young man is abducted and murdered by Tehreek-e-Taliban.
2010.08.24IraqBaqubah313Three Iraqis are taken out by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2010.08.24IraqBaghdad30A man at a market and another in his home are among three gunned down by Muslim assassins.
2010.08.24SomaliaMogadishu33150A barbaric assault on a hotel by Muslim terrorists leaves women, children and more than a dozen visiting lawmakers dead.
2010.08.23PakistanSouth Waziristan2640A suicide bomber at a seminary sends two-dozen other souls to Allah.
2010.08.23PakistanKurram810Islamist bombers take out seven tribal elders and a teacher at a school.
2010.08.23ThailandPattani24Two civilians are machine-gunned to death by Muslim insurgents in separate attacks.
2010.08.23IraqBaghdad315A mortar attack and separate bombing at a coffee shop leave three dead.
2010.08.23PakistanMatni33Three people are blown to bits by Mujahid bombers at a market
2010.08.23PakistanLandikotal20Local Taliban burn two men alive in their truck.
2010.08.23IraqBaiji70Suspected al-Qaeda shoot seven oil workers to death.
2010.08.22TajikistanDushanbe51Islamic militants beat five prison guards to death.
2010.08.22IndiaKulgam20A mother and her teen daughter are brutally murdered in their own home by Religion of Peace gunmen.
2010.08.22PakistanDera Ismail Khan10Sunni terrorists gun down an innocent Shia father of two young children.
2010.08.22IndiaPulwama10Islamic radicals murder the son of a welfare employee.
2010.08.22PakistanPeshawar13A civilian is taken down in a militant ambush.
2010.08.22IraqMussayab111One employee is killed when a sectarian bomb blast rips through a store.
2010.08.21AfghanistanPaktika85Eight Afghans are murdered by Taliban bombers in two attacks.
2010.08.21DagestanKizlyar13Children are among the casualties when Jihadis attempt to blow up a passing car.
2010.08.21AfghanistanHelmand60Six Afghan cops are bound and executed by religious hardliners.
2010.08.21AfghanistanHeart20Two men are shot to death by the Taliban (the second in Kandahar).
2010.08.21PakistanBaghlia65Six members of a peace committee are blow to bits by Mujahid bombers.
2010.08.21EthiopiaAddis Ababa01A popular church leader is brutally assaulted by Muslims with wooden clubs.
2010.08.21IraqBaghdad31Three cops are taken down by Islamic terrorists in separate attacks.
2010.08.20PakistanDera Ismail Khan21Islamic militants are suspected of gunning down two cops.
2010.08.20PakistanSanghar10A leader of the peaceful Ahmadi sect is shot in the head by orthodox Sunni.
2010.08.20ThailandYala10A 63-year-old civilian is shot to death by Muslim terrorists.
2010.08.20YemenLoder110Eleven local soldiers are killed when al-Qaeda militants fire a rocket into a passing vehicle.
2010.08.20IraqBaghdad36Jihadis shoot an electrical worker to death and take out two other civilians with a bomb.
2010.08.20AfghanistanHelmand3017Some thirty workers and guards are massacred when Islamic fundamentalists assault a construction company.
2010.08.20AfghanistanKandahar10A civilian is brutally executed and tied between two roadside bombs by the Taliban.
2010.08.19YemenAbyan21al-Qaeda militants machine-gun two cops to death at point-blank range.
2010.08.19PakistanOrakzai10A security guard is gunned down by Muslim militants.
2010.08.19IraqMosul34A kidnapped civilian is among three Iraqis murdered in separate attacks.
2010.08.19ChinaXinjiang714An explosives-laden vehicle is plowed into a crowd and detonated, leaving seven dead.
2010.08.19AfghanistanNangarhar214Two civilians are killed when the Taliban blow up a fuel truck.
2010.08.19AfghanistanLogar20The bodies of two men are discovered after they were kidnapped and murdered in captivity.
2010.08.19AlgeriaBaghlia34Fundamentalists ambush a group of soldiers, killing three.
2010.08.18PakistanNazimabad10A children's doctor is shot to death by sectarian rivals.
2010.08.18IraqTikrit23Two civilians are blown to bits by a Jihadi bomb.
2010.08.18IraqDiyala30Three brothers are brutally murdered on their own farm by Mujahideen.
2010.08.18IndiaSopore12Islamic militants attack a lawmaker's home, killing a guard.
2010.08.18IndiaKulgam20Two civilians grazing cattle are abducted and murdered by Religion of Peace radicals.
2010.08.18AfghanistanKandahar10A suicide bomber takes out an Afghan cop.
2010.08.18Pal. Auth.Gaza10A 62-year-old woman is murdered outside her own home by Islamic fundamentalists.
2010.08.18IraqMosul42Four Iraqis are taken down in separate terror attacks.
2010.08.17IraqBaghdad1046Sunni militants detonate a fuel tanker in a Shia neighborhood, incinerating ten innocents.
2010.08.17RussiaNorth Ossetia223Two people are dead and twenty-three others injured in a suicide attack and separate cafe bombing.
2010.08.17IraqBaghdad61129Over sixty young Iraqis lining up for work are senselessly cut to shreds by a Shahid suicide nail-bomber.
2010.08.17IraqDiyala30An auditor and two judges are assassinated by Islamic terrorists in separate attacks.
2010.08.17PakistanPeshawar20Two civilians are murdered at a mosque by Taliban gunmen.
2010.08.17SomaliaMogadishu12A civilian is killed when Mujahideen toss a grenade at a police station.
2010.08.17AfghanistanSpin Boldak80Eight civilians are murdered by a Taliban bomb attack on a home.
2010.08.17AfghanistanZabul20A man and his wife are shot to death in their home by religious extremists.
2010.08.17PakistanKarachi10A leader of a minority religious sect is gunned down by mainstream rivals.
2010.08.16AfghanistanHeart52Three women and a child are among five civilians killed by a Taliban bomb attack on their car.
2010.08.16SomaliaMogadishu953Nine refugees are killed when al-Shabaab Islamists attack a displaced persons camp.
2010.08.16IraqMuqdadiya49Four Iranian pilgrims on a bus are targeted and killed by Sunni bombers. Women and children are among the victims.
2010.08.16AfghanistanGhazni25A remote-controlled bomb on a bridge takes out two civilians.
2010.08.16PakistanKarachi40Sunnis shoot four Shia to death in separate attacks.
2010.08.16SomaliaElasha Biyaha10A cleric who advocated peace is assassinated by Islamists.
2010.08.16AfghanistanKunduz20A couple in their 20's is stoned by Islamic fundamentalists for having sex. The man has to be finished off with a gunshot.
2010.08.16AfghanistanFarah20Two people are killed when Taliban gunmen fire into a bazaar.
2010.08.15IraqNumaniya10Muslim gunmen murder an Iraqi pharmacist who had returned from studies in the U.S.
2010.08.15IraqJurf al-Sakhar32Three worshippers are shot to death outside a mosque by sectarian rivals.
2010.08.14ThailandPattani10A local cop is shot to death by Islamic militants while traveling to work.
2010.08.14PakistanSindh28A woman and boy are left dead when Muslim rivals attack each other over where to build a madrasah.
2010.08.14ThailandYala20A Buddhist man and wife are brutally murdered by Muslim gunmen while riding to their plantation.
2010.08.14AfghanistanKunduz10A local cop is shot to death by Uzbeki Islamists.
2010.08.14AfghanistanDam Abad31Three children are torn apart by a rocket fired into their home by Islamic hardliners.
2010.08.14EgyptShimi011Eleven Christians are injured in assaults by Muslims stirred to anger by a local cleric.
2010.08.14IraqBaghdad615Islamic terrorists take down six Iraqis in a series of attacks, including policemen who were set on fire.
2010.08.14IndiaSopore10Islamic terrorists kidnap and murder a civilian.
2010.08.13PakistanQuetta10Sunni fundamentalists are suspected of firing into a barbershop, killing the owner.
2010.08.13YemenLahj10A man is gunned down in an al-Qaeda drive-by outside a mosque.
2010.08.13AfghanistanHerat412The Taliban ambush a convoy of security guards, killing four.
2010.08.12IraqBaaj40A bomb placed by Jihadis kills four disposal workers.
2010.08.11PakistanMohmand13A woman is killed, and her three sons injured, when militants fire a rocket into their home.
2010.08.11IndiaRajouri221Lashkar e-Toiba terrorists fire on a bus, murdering two civilians, including a woman.
2010.08.11IraqBaghdad11Jihadis gun down two cops and kill a civilian with a bomb.
2010.08.11PakistanKarachi20Two Shias are shot to death by Sunnis in separate drive-by attacks.
2010.08.11IraqSadiya114Islamists lure eight police to their deaths by first killing three members of a family and then booby-trapping the house.
2010.08.10IraqBaghdad516Terrorists take down five Iraqis with two bombs.
2010.08.10AfghanistanKabul51Blood and body parts are scattered about following a double suicide attack that leaves five Afghans dead.
2010.08.10AfghanistanHelmand50Five local security personnel are killed when Islamic fundamentalists fire a rocket through their vehicle.
2010.08.10IndiaBaramulla30Islamic radicals machine-gun three cops to death.
2010.08.10PakistanMohmand30Three members of a security patrol are killed in an ambush by Islamic militants.
2010.08.09ThailandNarathiwat10Muslim terrorists stab and partially behead a young plantation worker.
2010.08.09IraqBaghdad310Three traffic cops are taken down by Jihadi bombers.
2010.08.09AfghanistanBadghis10A pregnant woman accused of adultery is whipped 200 times and then shot three times in the head by Islamic fundamentalists.
2010.08.08IraqFallujah414Four civilians lose their lives in two car bombings.
2010.08.08IndonesiaBekasi012A mob of hundreds of Muslims chase and beat Christian worshippers after disrupting their service.
2010.08.08IraqRamadi850Eight Iraqis are pasted by Jihadi bombers.
2010.08.07IraqGarma315al-Qaeda militants detonate a bomb outside a home, killing three residents.
2010.08.07AfghanistanHelmand10A British father of four is shot to death by a Taliban prisoner who seizes a weapon on his way to a prayer session.
2010.08.07AfghanistanNuristan100Ten members of a medical team, including Christian doctors, are pulled out of their cars and executed by devout Muslim fundamentalists, who spare an Afghan able to recite the Quran.
2010.08.07IraqBasra43185Over forty people are massacred by Islamic terrorists at a market. Most burn to death in a fire caused by bombs.
2010.08.07ThailandPattani21A Buddhist husband and wife are murdered by Muslim gunmen in their motorcycle shop. Their 4-year-old nephew is wounded.
2010.08.07AfghanistanMaiwand11A child is murdered by Sunni bombers.
2010.08.07ThailandYala10Muslim terrorists kill an off-duty soldier on his motorcycle.
2010.08.07ThailandNarathiwat10A 43-year-old Buddhist woman is brutally machine-gunned to death by Muslim radicals on her farm.
2010.08.07AfghanistanHelmand513A bomb hidden in a wheelbarrow leaves five innocents dead.
2010.08.06IraqBaghdad213Two civilians are blown to bits by Jihadi bombers.
2010.08.06IraqKirkuk10Muslim radicals shoot a woman to death.
2010.08.05IndiaBaramulla12Islamic militants fire on a security patrol, killing one member.2010.08.05IngushetiaNazran20Two cops are gunned down by suspected Islamic separatists.
2010.08.05PakistanQuetta11Islamic militants open fire on an oil tanker, killing the driver.
2010.08.05IraqAbu Ghraib30A woman is among three people shot to death in their home by Muslim radicals.
2010.08.05IraqBaghdad68Two shootings by terrorists take down six Iraqis.
2010.08.05IraqTikrit30An al-Qaeda attack leaves three people dead.2010.08.05YemenAbyan31al-Qaeda terrorists ambush and kill three members of a patrol.
2010.08.05AfghanistanKunduz713A Fedayeen suicide bomber murders seven local police.
2010.08.05PhilippinesZamboanga524A suicide bomber at an airport murders five other people.
2010.08.04AfghanistanHelmand10A young child is killed in a fundamentalist IED attack.
2010.08.04ThailandPattani10A Buddhist is gunned down in an Islamist drive-by.
2010.08.04AfghanistanUruzgan11Terrorists detonate a bomb at a bazaar, killing one civilian.
2010.08.04SomaliaBondhere312Three cleaning women are exterminated by an al-Shabaab bomb blast.
2010.08.04PakistanPeshawar411A hero cop is among four blown apart by a Shahid suicide car bomber.
2010.08.03IraqKut1255Two car bombs at a market leave a dozen people dead and fifty others wounded.
2010.08.03DagestanMakhachkala20Two police officers are assassinated by Islamic separatists at a market.
2010.08.03IraqMosul915Two vicious bombings leave nine Iraqis dead.
2010.08.03IraqBaghdad50The Islamic State of Iraq machine-guns five soldiers to death at point-blank range.
2010.08.02JordanAqaba15A Palestinian rocket attack on an Israeli resort overshoots its mark and kills a taxi driver in Jordan.
2010.08.02AfghanistanFaryab43Four civilians are cut to pieces by Taliban gunmen.
2010.08.02IraqBaghdad1022A coffee shop and a residential neighborhood are among a series of bomb blast sites that leave ten dead.
2010.08.02IraqFallujah37A 4-year-old girl is among three sleeping family members murdered by Islamic bombers.
2010.08.02AfghanistanKandahar51Five children are blown apart by a suicide car bomber.
2010.08.01PakistanSouth Waziristan20Religious extremists kill two local soldiers with a roadside bomb.
2010.07.31PakistanNorth Waziristan20Two Afghan refugees are abducted and shot to death by Islamic fundamentalists.
2010.07.31IraqTarmiya38Three civilians on a minibus are taken out by Jihadi bombers.
2010.07.31IraqYusufiya411Four rescue workers are lured to the scene of an earlier bombing and then blasted in a second attack.
2010.07.30PakistanKarachi10A young pregnant woman is tortured and murdered in a suspected honor killing.
2010.07.30AfghanistanKandahar21A mother and child are exterminated by Jihadi bombers.
2010.07.30AfghanistanKunduz319Children are among the casualites when a suicide bomber detonates at a soccer game.
2010.07.30IraqBuhriz40Four members of a family are blasted to death by al-Qaeda bombers.
2010.07.29AfghanistanGhazni83Eight security guards are ambushed and murdered by religious extremists.
2010.07.29PakistanKurram100Shia terrorists pull ten Sunnis from their homes and shoot them to death, then torch the houses.
2010.07.29IraqAdhamiya1614al-Qaeda terrorists stage a brutal attack on a neighborhood, killing sixteen people and burning their bodies.
2010.07.29IraqShurqat411A Fedayeen suicide bomber takes down four Iraqis.
2010.07.28AfghanistanNimroz2520Twenty-five bus passengers are murdered in a bloody bombing by Sunni fundamentalists.
2010.07.28AfghanistanZabul63Six civilians are killed in two Taliban roadside bombings.
2010.07.28IraqBaghdad615Six people waiting in line at a bank lose their place in life, courtesy of Muslim bombers.
2010.07.28IraqMosul56A young girl is among five Iraqis murdered in a series of Mujahideen attacks.
2010.07.28AfghanistanHeart20Two Italian soldiers are killed by a Taliban roadside bomb while guarding a highway.
2010.07.28IraqFallujah28Children are among the casualties of an Islamic bombing outside a rival mosque.
2010.07.28IraqKarbala1637Jihadis take down sixteen innocents in a rocket attack.
2010.07.27IraqMosul20Suspected Islamists storm a home and kill a woman and her son.
2010.07.27ThailandPattani20Two civilians are shot to death by Muslim militants in separate drive-bys.2010.07.27SomaliaMogadishu1340At least thirteen civilians are killed when Hizbul Islam terrorists attack a government building.2010.07.27IraqBaghdad14A civilian is taken out by a roadside bomb.
2010.07.27ThailandYala10A 26-year-old man is gunned down by Islamic insurgents.
2010.07.27ThailandNarathiwat10A 50-year-old villager is murdered outside his hom by Muslim gunmen.2010.07.27NigeriaMaiduguri320At least thirty-two policemen are assassinated and 'roasted like animals' by Boko Haram Islamists.
2010.07.26YemenLahej49al-Qaeda gunmen take down four local soldiers in an ambush.
2010.07.26PakistanPeshawar823Two children are among eight people murdered when a suicide bomber detonates outside the home of a family mourning an earlier killing.
2010.07.26IraqBaghdad416A suicide bomber targets a news channel staff, killing four members.
2010.07.26IraqKarbalah4068Sunni bombers take out about forty Shia pilgrims in twin bombings.
2010.07.26PaksitanSwat44Islamic gunmen ambush a family vehicle, leaving four dead, including two children.
2010.07.26ThailandPattani10A 55-year-old Buddhist teacher is shot to death by Islamic militants while driving home.
2010.07.26PakistanDarra Adamkhel50Three children are killed when Islamic terrorists fire a rocket into a family home.
2010.07.25YemenShabwa60Six soldiers sitting in a car are machine-gunned to death by al-Qaeda at point-blank range.
2010.07.25IraqMosul72A child is among seven Iraqis killed in a Jihad bombing and separate shooting attack.
2010.07.25AlgeriaKabylie18A suicide bomber murders a night watchman.
2010.07.25MaliBaskno10al-Qaeda beheads a 78-year-old French hostage.
2010.07.25PakistanKhyber20Mujahideen pull two occupants out of a vehicle and shoot them in the back of the head.
2010.07.24AfghanistanKhost120Muslim radicals plant a bomb in a mosque that kills one person.
2010.07.24IraqBasra14An innocent civilian is murdered by a Jihad bomber.
2010.07.24IraqMosul218A shooting and a bombing at a store, leave two people dead.
2010.07.24PakistanNaushehra11A young man is gunned down by the Taliban while standing outside his home.
2010.07.24DagestanKizlyarsky30Muslim militants shoot three local soldiers to death in their vehicle.
2010.07.23IndiaPoonch11An army officer is killed by a terrorist landmine.
2010.07.23JordanDeir Alla10A man machine-guns his 16-year-old niece after she loses her virginity from a sexual assault.
2010.07.23DagestanChernyaevka24Children are among the casualties when Muslim gunmen open up on a school bus in one of two separate attacks.2
010.07.23PakistanLahore15A police officer is taken down in an Islamist bombing.
2010.07.23AfghanistanLogar11The Taliban ambush a vehicle carrying two US sailors, killing one and kidnapping the other.
2010.07.23PakistanBajaur30The Taliban blow three members of a peace committee to kingdom come.
2010.07.23AfghanistanKandahar22Two local cops are blown to bits by Sunni bombers.
2010.07.22YemenAtaq61Six local soldiers are taken down in an al-Qaeda ambush.
2010.07.22PakistanRawalpindi02Two Christian girls are gang-raped by Muslims.
2010.07.22IndiaKishtwar10A 42-year-old contractor is abducted, tied up, tortured and then beheaded by Holy Warriors.
2010.07.22IraqBaghdad315Muslim terrorists send rockets into a commercial district, killing three people.
2010.07.22IraqMosul910An imam and a baker are among nine people murdered in various ways in several Mujahid attacks.
2010.07.21ThailandPattani10A civilian is gunned down by Muslim militants while on his way home from a tea shop.
2010.07.21SomaliaMogadishu14Islamic militants enter a Christian home, gun down the father in front of the family and kidnap his wife and children.
2010.07.21RussiaBaksanskaya20Islamic militants murder two guards at a power plant.
2010.07.21IndiaKishtwar10Mujahideen beat a shopkeeper in his home in front of his family, then pull him out and shoot him.
2010.07.21IraqMosul11A woman is killed, and her child injured, by Jihadi bombers.
2010.07.21IraqAbu Saida1544At least fifteen innocents are blown to bits in a bombing outside a mosque.
2010.07.20PakistanKhar10A local soldiers is shot to death in a terrorist ambush.
2010.07.20YemenHarf Sufyan3412Thirty-four people are killed when two Shiite groups clash over 'ideological differences.'
2010.07.20IraqQsaireen68Six Iranian pilgrims are sent straight to Allah by a Sunni suicide bomber at a restaurant.
2010.07.20IraqQurat Tabba822Jihadis blow up a market, killing at least eight patrons.
2010.07.20KenyaLiboi11al-Shabaab snipers attack a Kenyan military patrol across the border, killing one officer.
2010.07.20AfghanistanBaghlan60Six police officers are beheaded by Islamic fundamentalists.
2010.07.20AfghanistanMazar-i-Sharif32Two NATO civilians and an Afghan soldier are gunned down by a rogue Afghan soldier.
2010.07.19PakistanFaislabad21Two Christian brothers who were pastors, are accused of blasphemy and then brutally gunned down outside a courthouse while in chains.
2010.07.19IraqMosul45A Fedayeen suicide bomber plows into another vehicle and detonates, leaving at least four dead.
2010.07.19IraqBaqubah415Holy warriors bomb a cafe killing four Iraqis.
2010.07.19AfghanistanKandahar64Religious extremists assassinate six local police with a roadside bomb.
2010.07.19IraqFallujah10al-Qaeda members kill a local leader with a car bomb.
2010.07.18PakistanSargodha620Six Shia worshippers lose their lives, and several others are dismembered when a Sunni suicide bomber visits their mosque.
2010.07.18AfghanistanKabul342Sunni fundamentalists take out three civilians in a bomb attack.
2010.07.18IraqBalasim4850Nearly fifty people are shredded into pieces by suicide bombers striking two crowds.
2010.07.18ThailandPattani20A middle-aged Buddhist man is among two people shot to death by Islamists in separate attacks.
2010.07.18ThailandNarathiwat10A Malaysian karaoke bar owner is shot to death by Muslim extremists.
2010.07.18SomaliaMogadishu1243A dozen people are left dead after a reported al-Shabaab attack.
2010.07.18SomaliaLasanod10Islamic militants assassinate a court official.
2010.07.17PakistanKurram182A brutal ambush on Shia civilians by Sunni radicals leaves eighteen dead.
2010.07.17NigeriaJos1014Young children are among ten Christians hacked to death in their homes by Muslims, who also burn a church.
2010.07.17IraqTuz Khormato23Two boys are murdered in what is thought to be a sectarian bombing.
2010.07.17AlgeriaTebessa40Four people are killed in a suspected al-Qaeda bombing.
2010.07.16PakistanTirah Valley1014Three children are among ten innocents blown to bits at a marketplace by Religion of Peace advocates.
2010.07.16DagestanMakhachkala10A Pentacostal pastor and father of five is shot in the head by Muslim extremists.
2010.07.16IraqFallujah20A teacher is among two civilians shot to death by Islamic terrorists.2
010.07.16PakistanNorth Waziristan20The Taliban execute two men by strapping dynamite to their bodies.
2010.07.16ThailandYala21A 53-year-old Buddhist woman bleeds to death after Islamists set off two bombs, killing two people.
2010.07.16EthiopiaAddis Ababa01A Christian convert is brutally be beaten by angry Muslims.
2010.07.16TurkeyDiyarbakir10A young member of an Islamist organization is arrested for strangling his 17-year-old sister in an honor killing a month earlier.
2010.07.16IraqAbu Ghraib32Jihadis take down three Iraqis with a roadside bomb.
2010.07.15PakistanSukkur56Five members of a church, including the pastor are brutally shot to death outside the building by Religion of Peace advocates.
2010.07.15PakistanMingora645Six innocents are taken down by a suicide bomber, including women and children.
2010.07.15IranZahedan2780At least twenty-seven people are killed when a Sunni suicide bomber takes out a mosque full of Shia worshippers.
2010.07.15IraqTikrit915A Mujahid car bomb along a city street takes down nine Iraqis.
2010.07.15IraqMahmoudiya210Two people are killed by a bomb planted on a motorcycle.
2010.07.14YemenZijibar310Hooded al-Qaeda militants assault a government building. At least three defenders are killed.
2010.07.14IraqBaghdad10A university professor is assassinated by suspected fundamentalists.
2010.07.14PakistanBostikhel20Two brothers are abducted and beheaded by religious extremists.
2010.07.14IraqBaghdad24Jihadis take down two civilians with a roadside bomb.
2010.07.14ThailandYala10A villager is gunned down by Islamic terrorists.
2010.07.14IraqAmiriya47Three women and a child are brutally slaughtered in the home of a Sufi cleric by sectarian Jihadis.
2010.07.13IraqKhalis37Three people are killed by a terrorist bombing while protesting terrorist bombings.
2010.07.13IraqBaghdad25Two local cops are taken down by Jihad bombers.
2010.07.13IraqYusufiya50Five members of a family are brutally slaughtered in their own home by al-Qaeda.
2010.07.13AfghanistanHelmand34A 'renegade' Afghan soldier shoots three British (Gurkha) troops to death in their sleep.
2010.07.13AfghanistanPaktika20Two security guards are sent to Allah by Taliban roadside bombers.
2010.07.13AfghanistanHelmand90Sunni hardliners manage to take down nine Afghan civilians by bombing their minibus.
2010.07.13AfghanistanKandahar99A suicide bomb attack on an Afghan security headquarters leaves nine dead, including five civilians.
2010.07.13PakistanKarachi01A Christian woman is raped and then thrown from a roof by a Muslim doctor
.2010.07.13PakistanKarachi10A woman is shot to death by her son in an honor killing.
2010.07.13DagestanDerbent13Terrorists fire on a group of youth, killing one.
2010.07.13AfghanistanUruzgan10Fundamentalists set up a fake roadblock and then shoot a motorist to death.
2010.07.12ThailandNarathiwat11Islamic insurgents ambush and murder a 55-year-old cop.
2010.07.12IndiaNadia03Three Hindu girls are gang-raped and tortured by a group of Muslims. The youngest two are 13-years-old.
2010.07.12AfghanistanHelmand021Twenty-one civilians are wounded by a Taliban blast at a crowded bazaar.
2010.07.12PakistanOrakzai14Islamists blow up a primary school and kill a security official.
2010.07.12PakistanKarachi11A seminary teacher's driver is killed during an assassination attempt by disgruntled fundamentalists.
2010.07.11PakistanQuetta10A man is kidnapped and tortured to death by sectarian rivals.
2010.07.11IraqDania12A civilian is killed in a Jihad bombing.
2010.07.11IndiaDoda10A civilian is cut down outside his home by Mujahideen gunmen.
2010.07.11UgandaKampala7665Over seventy innocent people watching the World Cup are blown to bits in two separate bombings by Islamic extremists.
2010.07.10IndiaGari Madhiya20A 16-year-old girl and her lover are honor killed execution style by her family.
2010.07.10AfghanistanKandahar15Islamists use a remote-controlled bomb on a motorcycle to take down a civilian.
2010.07.10AfghanistanKabul110Eleven policemen are killed in two Taliban terror attacks.
2010.07.10PakistanMakeen35Tehreek-e-Taliban ambush a police post, killing three officers.
2010.07.10DagestanMakhachkala10A senior judge is assassinated by Islamic terrorists.
2010.07.10AfghanistanPaktia110Eleven Shia men are shot to death by Sunni rivals in a sectarian attack.
2010.07.09PakistanMohmand10575Children are among over one hundred innocents blown apart by a suicide bomber while they are waiting in line for humanitarian aid, including wheelchairs.
2010.07.09JordanNaur10A married woman suspected of having an extra-marital affair is stabbed to death by her brothers.
2010.07.09IraqBaghdad620A Shahid suicide successfully takes out six Iraqis in a neighborhood.
2010.07.08AfghanistanPaktia60Six civilians are crushed by debris when hardliners fire a rocket into a bazaar.
2010.07.08IraqBaghdad2898Twenty-eight more Shia pilgrims are massacred in at least four separate Sunni bomb attacks.
2010.07.08PakistanKarachi07Seven Hindus are badly beaten after one of them (a boy) drinks water from a mosque.
2010.07.08PhilippinesTalipao30Three men are hacked to death by Abu Sayyaf ambushers.
2010.07.07IraqAbu Ghraib56al-Qaeda gunmen target the homes of policemen and other officials, leaving several family members dead.
2010.07.07SomaliaElasha23A teenager is among two people slain when Islamic fundamentalists toss a grenade into a house where people are watching the World Cup.
2010.07.07IraqFallujah54A Fedayeen suicide bomber takes out five Iraqis.2010.07.07AfghanistanKabul10Talibanis gun down a cop.
2010.07.07IraqBaghdad54265Women and children are among the dead as three suicide bombers target Shia pilgrims in separate and horrific attacks.
2010.07.06IraqBaghdad637Six Shiite pilgrims are dismembered by Sunni bombers in three attacks.
2010.07.06PakistanKarachi10A Shia civilian is killed by Sunni gunmen.
2010.07.06IraqMosul20Two women are brutally shot to death by Jihadis passing by in a car.
2010.07.06AfghanistanGhazni60Six construction workers are kidnapped by Sunni hardliners and then murdered in captivity.
2010.07.05YemenHadramout23An al-Qaeda ambush leaves two locals soldiers dead.
2010.07.05NigeriaJos30Three Christian farmers are brutally slain in a 'mindless' attack by militant Muslims.
2010.07.05IraqKirkuk10A Sunni is handcuffed and murdered by suspected al-Qaeda.
2010.07.05PakistanPeshawar10A tribal elder is gunned down by Islamic militants.
2010.07.05PakistanLower Dir114One person is killed by a suicide car bomber.
2010.07.05SomaliaLabadhagah80Rival Islamic groups clash, leaving eight dead in drive-by assassinations.
2010.07.05ChechnyaVedensky12A Russian serviceman is assassinated by Mujahideen gunmen.
2010.07.05IraqMosul10A 54-year-old Christian father of three bleeds to death after Islamists bomb his car in a targeted attack.
2010.07.05EgyptCairo01A Christian convert survives an attempt by Muslim radicals to behead him for leaving the faith.
2010.07.04AfghanistanHelmand58Four children are among five innocents blown to bits by Taliban bombers at a market.
2010.07.04PakistanKalat47Sectarian Jihadis open fire on a vehicle carrying day laborers, taking down four.
2010.07.04ThailandYala23Two people are killed when Islamic insurgents detonate a bomb outside a school.
2010.07.04IraqBaqubah20Two brothers are gunned down by Muslim terrorists.
2010.07.04IraqMosul24A Shahid suicide bomber takes out two Iraqis.
2010.07.04IraqRamadi423Women and children are among the casualties when a female suicide bomber blows herself outside a building entrance.
2010.07.04IndiaKerala01A Christian professor has his forearm and hand hacked off by Muslims for the alleged crime of insulting Muhammad.
2010.07.04IngushetiaMagas24Islamists murder two Russian soldiers in a brutal ambush.
2010.07.04IraqMosul10Suspected Mujahid shoot a young child in the head and chest.
2010.07.04NigeriaGanawuri30Muslims hack three Christians to death.
2010.07.03PakistanGurguri47Four security personnel are murdered by Taliban roadside bombers.
2010.07.03YemenBatis10al-Qaeda kidnap and execute a local intelligence officer.
2010.07.03PakistanKhyber25Islamic militants kill two locals with a bomb.
2010.07.03NigeriaKizachi75A school teacher and mother of six are among seven Christians brutally executed in their homes by Muslim raiders.
2010.07.02ThailandYala30Jihadis take out three school guards with a roadside blast on their vehicle.
2010.07.02PakistanQuetta10Sunnis fire from a moving car on a Shia scholar, killing him on the spot.
2010.07.02PakistanKhyber32Islamic hardliners execute three local soldiers and keep two others in captivity.
2010.07.02IraqRamadi10A Sunni scholar is murdered by sectarian rivals.
2010.07.02IraqMandali10A pregnant woman is found dead from a suspected honor killing.
2010.07.02KosovoMitrovica110Muslims throw a grenade into a pro-Serb rally, killing one participant.
2010.07.02AfghanistanKunduz520Six Shahid suicide bombers target a humanitarian agency, murdering five innocents.
2010.07.02ThailandPattani10A 46-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim radicals while riding home.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a horrific list but not that extreme considering you took a sample of the ENTIRE world. 8 billion people and those are the people that are killed by "Islamic extremists" in the last two months.

Now, I'd like you to take out all of the attacks that were politically motivated. I see attacks on presidential palaces, attacks in Chechnya, sectarian attacks.

Seems like a cross section of that brutal murders that happen in every hood here in America every day. But who cares about that right? The thousands of colored people that die every year are insignificant compared to the thousands of Americans that died on 9/11 right?

[quote name='Knoell']If you want to dispute that, show me extremists from a different religion that have been more deadly, or active in recent history.[/QUOTE]
The Rwandan genocide was committed by Catholics. Does that count? I mean, it was Catholic-on-Catholic, and not exactly religiously motivated, but... you asked for recent extremists from a different religion, so... there you go?

Yeah, I know, 16 years ago. But hell, I consider that pretty recent. And, hey, ~800,000 dead has gotta count for something.

[quote name='depascal22']That is a horrific list but not that extreme considering you took a sample of the ENTIRE world. 8 billion people and those are the people that are killed by "Islamic extremists" in the last two months.

Now, I'd like you to take out all of the attacks that were politically motivated. I see attacks on presidential palaces, attacks in Chechnya, sectarian attacks.

Seems like a cross section of that brutal murders that happen in every hood here in America every day. But who cares about that right? The thousands of colored people that die every year are insignificant compared to the thousands of Americans that died on 9/11 right?[/QUOTE]

ok, sure then cut the list in half. Show me another to be more deadly. These simply arent just murders else the list would be much much longer.

Go see Crotch's post and continue to tell all of us that Islam is responsible for all of the world's extremist violence.

Sectarian violence between Catholics added up to 800,000 dead. A much more significant number than 9/11 wouldn't you say?

Lol I never seen you guys flock to a post like that before. (crotchs)

if you want to get into genocide then there is plenty of that as well. Saddam Hussein was accused of quite a bit of it, (he hated those shiite muslims and the kurds).

The Barzani Clan Abductions of 1983:

Masoud Barzani led the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), an ethnic Kurdish revolutionary group fighting Baathist oppression. After Barzani cast his lot with the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq War, Hussein had some 8,000 members of Barzani's clan, including hundreds of women and children, abducted. It is assumed that most were slaughtered; thousands have been discovered in mass graves in southern Iraq.
The al-Anfal Campaign:

The worst human rights abuses of Hussein's tenure took place during the genocidal al-Anfal Campaign (1986-1989), in which Hussein's administration called for the extermination of every living thing--human or animal--in certain regions of the Kurdish north. All told, some 182,000 people--men, women, and children--were slaughtered, many through use of chemical weapons. The Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 5,000 people. Hussein later blamed the attacks on the Iranians, and the Reagan administration, which supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War, helped promote this cover story.
The Campaign Against the Marsh Arabs:

Hussein did not limit his genocide to identifiably Kurdish groups; he also targeted the predominantly Shiite Marsh Arabs of southeastern Iraq, the direct descendants of the ancient Mesopotamians. By destroying more than 95% of the region's marshes, he effectively depleted its food supply and destroyed the entire millennia-old culture, reducing the number of Marsh Arabs from 250,000 to approximately 30,000. It is unknown how much of this population drop can be attributed to direct starvation and how much to migration, but the human cost was unquestionably high.

Saddam Hussein was a secular man that eliminated relgious extremists because they wouldn't swear allegiance to him......

I think this conversation is over. Knoell, you're a fool.

Weird.

These mass genocides seem to have so little to do with religion...

...and so much to do with a government asserting - or creating - its authority.

The argument is fucking pointless anyway. Most can agree that Islamic extremists are currently involved in violence in greater numbers than other religion's extremists.

But what does that matter? It's still a minuscule amount of Muslims and should in no way lead to fear or hatred of Islam as a whole. Bigots just use it as a justification for their hateful beliefs.

[quote name='Knoell']Lol I never seen you guys flock to a post like that before. (crotchs)

if you want to get into genocide then there is plenty of that as well. Saddam Hussein was accused of quite a bit of it, (he hated those shiite muslims and the kurds).

The Barzani Clan Abductions of 1983:

Masoud Barzani led the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), an ethnic Kurdish revolutionary group fighting Baathist oppression. After Barzani cast his lot with the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq War, Hussein had some 8,000 members of Barzani's clan, including hundreds of women and children, abducted. It is assumed that most were slaughtered; thousands have been discovered in mass graves in southern Iraq.
The al-Anfal Campaign:

The worst human rights abuses of Hussein's tenure took place during the genocidal al-Anfal Campaign (1986-1989), in which Hussein's administration called for the extermination of every living thing--human or animal--in certain regions of the Kurdish north. All told, some 182,000 people--men, women, and children--were slaughtered, many through use of chemical weapons. The Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 5,000 people. Hussein later blamed the attacks on the Iranians, and the Reagan administration, which supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War, helped promote this cover story.
The Campaign Against the Marsh Arabs:

Hussein did not limit his genocide to identifiably Kurdish groups; he also targeted the predominantly Shiite Marsh Arabs of southeastern Iraq, the direct descendants of the ancient Mesopotamians. By destroying more than 95% of the region's marshes, he effectively depleted its food supply and destroyed the entire millennia-old culture, reducing the number of Marsh Arabs from 250,000 to approximately 30,000. It is unknown how much of this population drop can be attributed to direct starvation and how much to migration, but the human cost was unquestionably high.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You want to start a pissing contest over this? Are you trying to conflate dick size with "number of people killed by Muslims"?

Well... alright. Go for it, komrade. Muslims are clearly more dangerous than any other person, you've made your point, I believe you. Your dick is clearly bigger than mine. Much, much bigger. Like, if every person killed by a Muslim was a millimeter, then that would be your penis. Congratulations?

[quote name='depascal22']You really need to look up Hindu extremists' actions in Kashmir.

Here's another one about Hindu extremists killing minorities in India

It's human (not just followers of Abraham) nature to stomp on minorities and actively stop them from coming up.[/QUOTE]

Even though this is a cherry-picking exercise, at least you are addressing an actual event perpetrated by members of a non-Abrahamic religion.

I would never try to defend that all non-Abrahamic religions are peaceful or devoid of terrorists - undeniably they are not. Your post further proves this. What I am trying to say is that you can't judge all religion based on the actions of a few. Statements purporting to make a claim about all religion are almost always useless.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Seriously? You want to start a pissing contest over this? Are you trying to conflate dick size with "number of people killed by Muslims"?

Well... alright. Go for it, komrade. Muslims are clearly more dangerous than any other person, you've made your point, I believe you. Your dick is clearly bigger than mine. Much, much bigger. Like, if every person killed by a Muslim was a millimeter, then that would be your penis. Congratulations?[/QUOTE]

....you are the one who just posted a paragraph about genocide of 800,000 believing it would disprove that islamic extremists are killing people each and every day.

All I asked was to show me a religion thats extremism is this active and deadly. Not you personally, but these people on these forums seem to like saying "meh all religions have extremists, islamic extremists are no different at all." they think it wouldn't be fair to take a closer look into why this is happening, because they would rather ignore it under the guise that every other religion with extremists is doing the exact same thing.

It's not about disproving Islam extremism, dude. It's the fact that you honestly believe that they're the only ones out there causing havoc for the world. It's the fact that people in power will stomp on the little guy regardless of religion. Take religion away from the world and people would still kill, rape, and steal at the same rates. It's not the religion. It's the people.

[quote name='depascal22']It's not about disproving Islam extremism, dude. It's the fact that you honestly believe that they're the only ones out there causing havoc for the world. It's the fact that people in power will stomp on the little guy regardless of religion. Take religion away from the world and people would still kill, rape, and steal at the same rates. It's not the religion. It's the people.[/QUOTE]

Wow, when have I said it is the only extremism in the world, or that they are the only ones creating havoc? Quit making things up based on your lackluster attempt to prove that I am discriminating against islamic extremists lol.

I give up. You're a fucking moron.

Keep posting about every Islamic atrocity in your sad attempt to paint them as a violent society worthy of people's fears.

I'm cool with women in burkas and harems and that sort of thing, but when these guys show up with their guns going "Death to America" a mile a minute, naturally there might be a competitive confrontation. I'd say sometimes human beings need to kill each other in the struggle for natural resources, so in that case, are all hate crimes really hate crimes? Who determines the primary motivation? Do we get to see each individual case in statistics? No, someone already made that decision for us.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm cool with women in burkas and harems and that sort of thing, but when these guys show up with their guns going "Death to America" a mile a minute, naturally there might be a competitive confrontation. I'd say sometimes human beings need to kill each other in the struggle for natural resources, so in that case, are all hate crimes really hate crimes? Who determines the primary motivation? Do we get to see each individual case in statistics? No, someone already made that decision for us.[/QUOTE]

What the horse cocks?

bread's done
Back